Thread: Fanart of a girl from the game "Star Ocean"

Banned

Default Fanart of a girl from the game "Star Ocean"

Hello there, well im at it again, heres a fanart pic that i did from the game "Star Ocean", kind of an older game. The girls name is Rena Lanford, one of the main characters. Suprisingly this one only took me a few hours, usually it takes me alot longer since im such a slowpoke, trying to perfect everything.

click here for the large size pic, its pretty big so it will take a minute to load:
    http://www.geocities.com/demosthenes...girlfinal2.jpg

if that dosen't work or is "temporarily unavalible" try this one, only problem is its a bit small.:
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/demosthen...c=ph%26.view=t

well tell me what you think, i need suggestions on what to do better & what needs work.
    ~thanks

Banned

That is one awesome picture. I don't really have anything else to say but great work!

25 characters is plenty of spa Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Her lower body is a bit small compared to her head and upper body, but other than that it's pretty damn good.

Banned

It's very nice, the shading is awesome.

I also have that problem where the whole picture smudges!

I bet the bottom of your hand had all pencil smudging on it!

Banned

Wow! Like all the others said, that's amazing! You did an awesome job on the shading, and I think the pose is neat, and i especially like your job on her eyes. ^_^ How I wish I could draw like that... o_o

Banned

oO
    That is so good!
    The shading is awesome, her eyes are so expresive. Her clothes have good detail. You really did a wonderful job.

Banned

yeah thats the main problem with it, either i drew her head to big or else i have her hips to small, ethier way it looks a little messed up. And smudges, ahhh, their the worst, i try everything, wiping off my hand or putting on a cover sheet and ten other things. yeah those things help a lot but still im constantly erasing smudge marks. anyway you guys, thanks for the comments, they are much appreciated.

Default Well...

I agree, it is a very good picture you drew. I will more then glad to see your new sets of pictures in the future, as you're a very good drawer. Keep up the good work !

Banned

Cool Artwork,
    Very Nice.
    Mmmm........smudges, I don't know any good solutions...
    Still she's pretty good.

Rena Lanford- from Star Ocean: The Second Story

Really awesome job! I really like your style, it's really professional looking!

My friend was going to cosplay Rena... I don't know why she didn't. If she ever decides to and does it - I'll be sure to show you the pictures.

Banned

Well thanks to everyone who commented
    And yep your right, she's from "The Second Story", i just didn't put it in there...
    lol, nine i'd love to see a cosplay of her, that'd be so sweet, tell your friend to do it!

My computer does this thing where it resizes any picture online that is bigger than my resolution... @_@;; It did that and I thought that your pic was a black and white scan of official art or something! That's just amazing!! @___@ It's hard to get the torso and head to match the sizes of everything else, so I won't take "marks" off for that or anything. Your art is great! The shading and lighting on it is beautiful. ^-^ I love the eyes too, as Kasumi Chan said, they're very expressive. Heehee.. I like big eyes. ^_^; Anyways.. great job, and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Bai,
    Lightning