Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Look Look Look! Now Now Now! Hot Hot Hot!!

Guess Who's Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Look Look Look! Now Now Now! Hot Hot Hot!!

Well, according to serebii.net (this is not 100% confirmed), a Japanese magazine stated that Nintendo is developing Pokemon Red and Green remade for the Gameboy Advance. The game will feature updated sprites and graphics and much more. This is also rumored to be how R/S will get the original 151 as we have only seen G/S/C Pokemon in colluseium. Enjoy, and discuss your thoughts. This idea would rock!

EDIT

As you can probably tell, I have merged all the FR/LG topics into one and stickyfied it at the top of the page. Everything is in some kind of order, basically just grouped in the original topic parts. Atleast now we can save on having small topics everywhere. And also on Swamperts misleading titles.

~RzLf
    The Lord of the Pokemasters
    Winner of the Best Comedy GoldenPen Award!

Make Me Lose My *Pant Pant*
    8)ALL ITALIAN BABY!8)
    LOL AT OLD SCHOOL SIGNATURE!

Banned

Default Official Fire Red & Leaf Green Topic

I just read it, and I like the collosseum idea better. This is just a waste of money if you ask me, I already played Red/Blue

im too lazy to repost the reasons why the RGBY remakes would not be R/S compatable, but go over to the topic in the R/S forum to find em.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well if it's true it sound like a well cool idea. If there's anyway to get people re-interesed in RBY this would be it. Thanks for that news Mikey.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

it would be alright if they updated it and added quite a few new features.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Kari & Mewtwo, allow me

1.) RGBY had only special, while R/S's spl.atk & spl.def DVs are independent of each other unlike RGBYGSC
    2.) R/S has the EV system. RGBY does not. If it were R/S compatable, it would somehow have to figure out how to combine spl.atk & spl.def EVs into one stat
    3.) most of the popular RGBY moves would be messed up in the above statement, since they'd have to add spl.atk & spl.def. This could render tobybro and such useless.
    4.) RGBY had 16 possible values for each of its 4 DVs (HP DV was dependent on the other 4). R/S has 32 possible values for 6 independent DVs.
    Assuming the game is going to updated in order to trade then the game would have the same build. It wouldn't be a port with improved graphics, it would be stupid to revert back to 1 special stat, no EVs and what not. It's assumed that these will exist.

Banned

It's been comfirmed.

I really like this idea i would love to see screens from that game. It have to be really interesting. You know, I thought about this same thing =O R/B/Y for GBA. I see, Nintendo has similar idea. Hehehe.

Banned

This is a VERY good thing IMO. One reason is, RBY doesn't get credit for what a good game it really is. It's better than people say it is, really. Just because it has a few stray pixels in the Pokemon's picture doesn't mean the game sucks >/ I mean, be honest, RBY had the best storyline and the best Pokemon of all the games; it had the best gyms also; and it had the best characters. The only thing that would be really cool is if Brock and Misty actually travelled with you. XD

So yeah, I think these remakes will be good games. I'm looking forward to renting it.

Banned

The first screenshot has been released.

Pokemon Forever has just updated with more detailed info on the games. Check the update section.
    [SIZE=1]Super Hyper Mega Ninja Pokémon World Character Randomizer!

It's ANIMation + MELEE. No "Anime" or "Lee".
    Support watching cartoons in their original languages and formats -- like Japanese Pokémon, and English Transformers Beast Wars; not the other way around!
    Pokémon Ruby Cart - Play Time as of August 3, 2004: 999:59+
    Pokémon LeafGreen Cart - Play Time as of June 7, 2005: 177:01
    Pokémon Diamond Cart - Play Time as of November 21, 2005: 00:00
    GAME FREAK, HAL Labs, Capcom, Genius Sonority, Sega, and Nintendo forever!
    Thanks to Filb for the PHP script, and for hosting my sig!

Banned

My prays have been answered. Ever since G/S/C, I've wanted an updated version of R/B/Y.
    This is going to be great. It'll be even better if they haven't changed to much from the original game.
    I am going to buy this game. I hope it can live up to the original.

Banned

Nintendo has given a site! of the new game!:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/fireleaf.html

Banned

Good. So they finally confirmed it. I've waited for this for a very long time, since RBY was the best game series... :x *shuts up before he gets flamed*

I will definitely buy this game. Or at least rent it from Blockbuster. xD

Well i just hope we get an english Green Version.

Guess Who's Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I cannot wait for this game now. Seeing the few sceen shots they have makes me remember how obsessed I was with Red version. I will defintly by it because it will bring me back to my 6th grades years. Ahh, the memories....
    The Lord of the Pokemasters
    Winner of the Best Comedy GoldenPen Award!

Make Me Lose My *Pant Pant*
    8)ALL ITALIAN BABY!8)
    LOL AT OLD SCHOOL SIGNATURE!

The memories are coming back to me too! I can't wait!

Banned

I'm looking forward to see the R/B gym leaders in R/S sprites!
    Misty, Brock etc, and of coures also ash's new sprite! I allready have seen ash's sprite out of battle, but I mean IN the battles.

Banned

Default New female trainer in Fire Red and Leaf Green. Pic!

Here it is:

I think she looks rather nice, but I don't really like the hat

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

it's alright i guess. i'd be more interested in seeing the sprite.

Banned

Yes, I'm also looking forward to the sprite, because here you only can see her head and shoulders.

Btw, I'm also looking forward to the sprites of the gym leaders

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Lol I like her hair. Her hat also looks cute on her.

[COLOR=silver][B]Guardian Lune

[COLOR=gold]
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

im really excited for this game. ill probably pick the girl first, since i did that in every game that the girl was available (even though i'm a guy).
    Burning in water, drowning in flame

Default whaaaaaaaaat

Well if you look at THIS! picture, the trainer on the right is the new male trainer. an guess what.... IT'S NOT ASH/RED!!! what are your oppinions of the new trainers looks? Mine= LIKE IT!

Banned

..I'm not saying the picture isn't cool or anything, but the new male trainer wouldn't be Ash. Then, it would just get old and repetitive.
    I don't like the girl's clothes much, they look a bit too "on the farm" for me. I'd prefer something a bit more modern,

I Finnished last Moderator

*Comes to RBY forum for fun because he hasn't read those posts for ages and notices he could perhaps post a reply*

Originally posted by Aquatic Fury
    ..I'm not saying the picture isn't cool or anything, but the new male trainer wouldn't be Ash. Then, it would just get old and repetitive.
    I don't like the girl's clothes much, they look a bit too "on the farm" for me. I'd prefer something a bit more modern,
    Well, this is a remake for an old game, so old-fashioned clothes fit well if you look at it this way

And in MY opinion, the boy looks like Ash about as much as he did in the original, and that's enough. I think they have came up with a great compromise.

Banned

yeah, I've seen this pic allready, but I think it's cool, they use new characters. Maybe we'll get a new story-line also, because it would be very strange if the new boy, would be in the exact same story as ash/red.

Btw, I like the girl's look. First when there was only a pic of her head, I tought that the hat looked a bit stupid, but now that I've seen her totally, I think it fits very wel

Banned

Originally posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu
    *Comes to RBY forum for fun because he hasn't read those posts for ages and notices he could perhaps post a reply*

Well, this is a remake for an old game, so old-fashioned clothes fit well if you look at it this way

And in MY opinion, the boy looks like Ash about as much as he did in the original, and that's enough. I think they have came up with a great compromise.
    True, it is a remake, so old fashioned clothes WOULD work well. I didn't think of that.

I think it's quite interesting to wonder about what the game will be like, since it is pretty much a mystery to us. The cities may change, there may be new buildings, a new Pokemon/legend thrown in, or new adventures. I hope they do something with Pokeopolis :| Anybody remember that episode? It was awesome.

Also, I agree with your earlier statement. It does look exactly like Ash with a slightly different face. The clothes are much like Ash's new ones (his new outfit for Pokemon Advanced). But hey, at least it's a new character.

Default a ne FR/LG picture!!!

i was actally looking for pokemon colosseum pictures when i stumbled across ->THIS<- also the release dat in japan for FR/LG is going to be January 2004. The release date for the english version of COLOSSEUM is going to be in march so i was thinking is this when they will also release FR/LF in english
    ? What are your thoughts on this. Mine are the following, THIS ROCKS!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

...such high quality. looks to be another pallet town shot and this time it has the girl sprite. it's better than nothing, though.

Banned

The guy looks like Richie from the animé series, who Ash met at the Pokémon League and lost to.

Banned

Default ~

Originally posted by woz
    ...such high quality. looks to be another pallet town shot and this time it has the girl sprite. it's better than nothing, though.
    Yeah. Very good quality picture and graphic-wise, but as you said it does look just like routes 2/3 from Pallet Town->Viridian City.

Hey, if it comes out early enough, maybe I'll get FR/LG for my birthday! xD And maybe even Colisseum for Easter
    (I'm probably getting a GameCube for Christmas)

Banned

I don't even think the main character is ash.......

http://user.yagb.de/meowth346/update...lw_testing.jpg

Banned

Banned

Hiro, your link wasn't full (it was cut off by the post). So, it gives me an error message when I try to access it. >\

Banned

it works for me.....try again.

the link now works but maybe you should look at other threads before posting piccys. i have already posted that pic in another thread.

Banned

Has anyone considered that this is even set in the same time frame as the original R/B/Y/G games? I mean G/S/C they were set what? 3 or 4 years after the first games? Maybe these remakes are set in the same time frame as R/S which would explain how it could be compatible with R/S.

This is just a theory

Banned

Originally posted by Riven
    Has anyone considered that this is even set in the same time frame as the original R/B/Y/G games? I mean G/S/C they were set what? 3 or 4 years after the first games? Maybe these remakes are set in the same time frame as R/S which would explain how it could be compatible with R/S.

This is just a theory
    Well, we don't exactly know what time frame Ruby/Sapphire is in, so we'll have to wait until November 1st (when Pokemon Advanced is premiering on Kids WB) and see. RF and GL are probably a year after R/S, but they probably won't make a series out of it. The thing that I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing is the side quests. G/S/C and R/B/Y were a bit lacking in side quests, and R/S was always amusing but didn't have quite as many as it might have, so I hope this game has a bit more to it. Maybe a secret cave where you unlock something or something like the Ruins in G/S/C with a mystery Pokemon. I was actually hoping they'd do something with Pokeopolis- (I think I've said this before in another post) because that episode was awesome. I'd like a bit more free-roaming sort of thing too (towns that aren't needed, places that are just fun to check out, neverending water that would reset you if you went too far, and so on).

And once again, as I told you in the other topic, Hiro, your link isn't complete. The forum automatically shortcuts it, so either you'll have to find a way to turn that off or give us the link in some other way. o_O;;

Fossil Kabutops, no, I don't think Misty, Brock or any of the old Gym Leaders will be there. Since it's probable that this game takes place in the future, they've probably given up their spots as Gym Leaders to someone else.

And remember, Misty and Brock weren't featured in R/B/Y at all as main characters, just as gym leaders. I was a bit disappointed by this I think it would have added a bit if they did something with them.

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

And remember, Misty and Brock weren't featured in R/B/Y at all as main characters, just as gym leaders. I was a bit disappointed by this I think it would have added a bit if they did something with them.
    o_O Huhwha? You do realize that the show came after R/B, right? Or are you saying R/B/Y and meaning just Yellow?

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic