Thread: Games you wanna get but are too old

Ein Katze

Default Games you wanna get but are too old

I remember this Megadrive game from 1990 called Streets Of Rage. I'd kill for a chance to play that again since it was in the vain of Double Dragon which I also love. Other games I miss include Keio Flying Squadron, Golden Axe and Shinobi (original).

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Uh, not that I should be officially advocating this, but if you want to play the game so badly, why not emulate it? Pretty much anything is widely available in this way, so this situation doesn't really apply to me. Alternately, they often sell such games on ebay, at second hand stores, and in garage sales.

Banned

Yes, there are certain WWW sites that allow you to PLAY AGAIN an old game, by getting it off to NET.

PM me if you're that dense...

Anyway, I wanted to play Ristar again. THAT was an amazingly fun Sega game, and I'd love to see it sequaled to one of the new systems or ported to GBA.

Banned

"Anyway, I wanted to play Ristar again. THAT was an amazingly fun Sega game"

Ristar is on 'Sonic Mega Collection' for the Gamecube as an unlockable game =)

I can play Streets Of Rage since I have it for my Mega Drive lol =)

There arn't really any games that I wanna play since I have all the ones I like lol ^_^v

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    A strange and magical frozen land of ice and beer called "Canada"

I want another crack at Megaman 2. I kept dying ont hose damn lightning bolts on Quickman's stage. What? Stop laughing!

Well, thank God for that new Anniversary Megaman collection...
    [img][/img]

Mewfour is a Canadian writer and longtime TPM veteran.
    Over his impressive 9-year ficcing career he has won 5
    Silver Pencils and 3 Golden Pen awards, and currently holds
    the record for most times won Most Evil Fanficcer (3)

He's also not above posting stuff about himself in the third person.

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

OMG, I remember Streets of Rage. After the 2nd to last level you were given an offer by the bad guy of the game to join his side. You could play the game together with a friend (like Double Dragon). If one accepted the offer and the other didn't you had to fight it out with your friend. Hilarious.

The games I really would have wanted to play but now are pretty much not available anymore are pretty much the entire DragonQuest series, Fire Emblem, New Zealand Story and probably Gradius.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Ein Katze

Originally posted by Mewfour
    I want another crack at Megaman 2. I kept dying ont hose damn lightning bolts on Quickman's stage. What? Stop laughing!

Well, thank God for that new Anniversary Megaman collection...

You have to do the Flashman stage first and then you'll be able to freeze stuff momentarily. So on the Quickman level use the flash thingie then very quickly jump down the platforms before the huge lazaers get you. It is no wonder you have to be quick in this stage but Dr. Wily's stage is even worse.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I wanna get BoF3 again, but I can't find it anywhere. Same goes for the MMBN series. All I have is BN1 and I've got nobody to netbattle with
    [CENTER]
    ^ Better do what he says, he's crazy! ^

Default Old games...

I really liked Sonic and Knuckles on Mega Drive and Sonic 3 on the Mega Drive the best two games.

~Andrew

Banned

Default Re: Old games...

Originally posted by andyizcool
    I really liked Sonic and Knuckles on Mega Drive and Sonic 3 on the Mega Drive the best two games.
    Yay me, I've got Sonic 3, as well as Sonic 1, Sonic CD (Mega CD), and Dr. Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine. One of my old friends had S & K too... I should get in touch w/ him ^_^

Default Sonic games...

I think they should release the Sonic games from the Megadrive again but on the Gamecube or something all in one game because everyone really wants to play them all again.

~Andrew

Banned

Originally posted by Austrian ViceMaster Alex
    The games I really would have wanted to play but now are pretty much not available anymore are pretty much the entire DragonQuest series, Fire Emblem, New Zealand Story and probably Gradius.
    Heh, guess what? I was prowling through Trade Me (basically a New Zealand based E-Bay) just now and I came across a copy of New Zealand Story for the Master System. The bid's currently at NZ$9, which is about US$4.50.
    Check it out here if you're interested. This game's rare even here in New Zealand... kinda sad really, I heard it was pretty good.

Banned

Um..

Sonic Mega Collection

Has all the old Megadrive Sonic games on it =)
    Just thought I'd say, came out a while back on the Cube, I think it's a Ł20 title now =)

Default Sonic...

If there is a sonic game with all the old ones on the Gamecube I'll get it if it's only Ł20 now.

~Andrew

Banned

THERE IS!!I HAVE IT!!!! That's what i'm saying!!

I bought it Months Ago! It's been out for nearlly a year!!

It has:

Sonic 1
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 2 & Knuckles
    Sonic 3
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    Blue Sphere
    Sonic & Knuckles
    Sonic Spinball
    Sonic 3D Blast
    Dr Robotnicks Mean Bean Machine
    Ristar
    Flicky

That's all I can remember.... some of those HAVE to be unlocked x.X

Click

It is a very cool game, I can't believe Gamespot rated it as a 7!! thank god for the player reviews giving it a 9.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Originally posted by The Muffin Man
    Yes, there are certain WWW sites that allow you to PLAY AGAIN an old game, by getting it off to NET.

PM me if you're that dense...

Anyway, I wanted to play Ristar again. THAT was an amazingly fun Sega game, and I'd love to see it sequaled to one of the new systems or ported to GBA.
    Ah, Ristar... excellent game indeed.

And.. I recognize that "reference" up there as well...

Anyways, the game I'd like to play again is Ranger X for Genesis. I rented it many years ago and liked it. Later on, I saw it for sale at a store and was going to pick it up, but opted for Phantasy Star IV instead. When I went back for it a few days later, it was gone.

Oh well... there's always emulation.. :d
    Megalo
    Megalomaniac
    Egocentric animal
    There's no turning back

One to another
    We all hate each other
    We're gonna drive that mother
    Into the back of your spine

There's no protection
    Against your reflection
    The ultimate mirror
    Of a two faced slime

Banned

Default ^^;;

I say Gauntlet. Goooooooooood, that was an awesome game. I wanted it for Gamecube, Gauntlet Dark Legends, but unfortunatly, they dun sell it anymore.

Damn that was a good game =(