Banned

Default Redo: Rmt

OK, I revamped the team a bit. Here we go again:

Tyranitar
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    ???

Should she be my starter? Or who should open?

Charizard
    Body Slam
    Fire Blast
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake

The Belly Drummer didn't work well when I tested it out, so this is the moveset I came up with.

Ampharos
    Thunderbolt
    Thunderwave
    Fire Punch
    Light Screen

Girafarig
    Psychic
    Crunch
    Thunderbolt
    Double Team/Agility/???

Baton Passing isn't even worth it with this guy...

Kingdra
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Dragonbreath
    Double Team?

Tauros
    Fissure
    Horn Drill
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

I'm open to suggestions as for a replacement for Tauros... mostly it's 'cause the rest of my team can handle things and this is a really fun moveset.

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Moderator Moderator

Tyranitar-You mentioned that your Tyranitar is a she, use a male Tyranitar instead of a female, because male's have a higher attack stat. Use Flamethrower/Fire Blast for the last move. Attach Leftovers.

Charizard-Not bad, but I would replace Body Slam with Swords Dance. Attach Leftovers.

Ampharos-Good, if possible, replace Fire Punch with HP Ice or HP Water. Otherwise, keep Fire Punch, but change Flamethrower/Fire Blast on Tyranitar to another elemental move, perhaps Ice Beam, because you don't need 3 Fire moves in the same team. Also, attach Leftovers!!

Girafarig-Let's see... Replace Crunch with something... Baton Pass wouldn't be a horrible idea, but you don't like it, at least not on Girafarig... I guess if you don't want to go with BP, then use Earthquake or Return. Also, Either Agility or Amnesia will work as a support move. Attach Leftovers.

Kingdra-Kingdra makes a good Sleep Talker. Keep Surf, and then use either Ice Beam or Dragonbreath, (I prefer Ice Beam) along with Sleep Talk and Rest. Attach Leftovers.

Tauros-Standard FishTauros moveset. It works. You could also go with Double-Edge and Earthquake along with Sleep Talk/Rest if you prefer something a little more accurate, but, go with whichever set you like better. Attach Leftovers.

Overall: Not a bad team, no 3x weaknesses. A few of the movesets could use a little reworking, but they look pretty good. It's kinda nice to see some of the underused Pokémon that you have in your team. Leftovers would be the best attachment for everybody IMO.
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!

Banned

Keep in mind, I've got limited amounts of items (it's in game). So a Stalking Kingdra's out of the question. Yeah, I tried getting the HP Water/Ice/Grass on Ampharos, but no go. How do I get Swords Dance on Charizard? Do I need Rock Slide on him? 'Cause if not, I'm gonna replace Rock Slide with Wing Attack as well (w/ STAB it's more powerful, and I don't have a Flying attack yet).

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Tyranitar's last move can be either Fire Blast or Ancient Power... your pick. But if this is for in-game, then Fire Blast/Flamethrower ought to be good enough.

To get Swords Dance on 'Zard, you would have to trade over to RBY and teach it that move via a TM.. forget which number. But Wing Attack is another good choice as you mentioned, perhaps over Body Slam, if you opt not to use Swords Dance.

Ampharos's set is good. Dynamic Punch is an option somewhere if you'd like... perhaps over Fire Punch?

For Girafarig, I'd suggest Amnesia over in the last slot. Also, Baton Pass doesn't sit too bad with Girafarig. But if you absolutely refuse, then I suggest Earthquake/Return in the second slot.

For Kingdra, I suggest going with either Rest or Attract in the third slot, and Sub in the last slot if you choose to use Attract. If not, then I suggest DT or Agility in that last spot.

Tauros is fine. But if you'd like to try other moves, follow N1CF's suggestions.

-

If you're playing Gold/Silver, try duping the items you need so your options are not limited, as it seems to be the case.
    Megalo
    Megalomaniac
    Egocentric animal
    There's no turning back

One to another
    We all hate each other
    We're gonna drive that mother
    Into the back of your spine

There's no protection
    Against your reflection
    The ultimate mirror
    Of a two faced slime

Banned

I'm using Crystal, so that trick doesn't work. How do I get Sub? Is it a TM?

Moderator Moderator

Originally posted by GirlRepellant
    I'm using Crystal, so that trick doesn't work. How do I get Sub? Is it a TM?
    Substitute is TM 50 in R/B/Y. In R/B/Y, you can get Substitute TMs at the Celadon City Game Corner for 7700 Game Coins. To get Substitute on Kingdra, you will have to trade a Horsea/Seadra to R/B/Y, and then teach it Substitute, and trade it back to your Crystal game.
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!

tar- FB, flamethrower, ice beam or even surf in the last spot. FB or f-thrower preferred.

zard- SD over BS

amphy- fine, but if its a female, go for attract over LS.

girafgt- never used him outside of BT'ing

kingdra- i like the surf/IB/rest/stalk set.

tauros- standard fishtauros, but beware of clausewhores who will flame you to death for using it (ohkos are cheap, anyway)