Thread: Deoxys Found!

Banned

Default Deoxys Found!

Serebii has just confirmed good news. Deoxys is present - and catchable - in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

First you have to get to the Eighth Rainbow Island (that may require something like the Eon Ticket - we don't know yet). On the Eight Island you can catch both Lugia and Ho-oh.

But a Ninth Rainbow Island has been found. (Exactly what you do to get to it isn't clear.) Once there, you simply have to solve an easy puzzle, and Deoxys appears.

She'll be level 30, so catching her should be easy compaired to the 70th-level Lugia and Ho-oh (bring some Dark pokemon).

- Venusaur

Banned

Default Deoxys Found!

How do you know it's a "she"

Default Deoxys Found!

How do you know it's a "she"

Figure of speech. Kinda like how people refer to ships using feminine pronouns.

Anyway, at L30 Deoxys' moves are Psychic, Pursuit, Knock Off, and Snatch, in case anybody was wondering.

EDIT: I take that back. The above list is what Deoxys would have had - if it were in Ruby\Sapphire. But in Fire Red\Leaf Green, it has a new level-up list:

Starts with: Leer, Wrap

L5: Night Shade
    L10: Teleport
    L15: Taunt
    L20: Pursuit
    L25: Psychic
    L30: Superpower
    L35: Cosmic Power
    L40: Zap Cannon
    L45: Psycho Boost
    L50: Hyper Beam

So at L30, it would have Superpower, Psychic, Pursuit, and Taunt. Thanks to Superpower, bringing a Dark-type might not be the best choice after all...

Banned

Default Deoxys Found!

And it has two different sprites in Fire Red/Leaf Green, and both seem a lot different from the original R/S sprite. Serebii's got the pictures on his site of the two different Deoxys.

Default Deoxys Found!

The Deoxys sprite is different in all versions (only sprite that is like this).

Bad News:

Looks like Nintendo/Gamefreak has now put in 2 secret tickets that cannot be obtained normally in the game. These are the:

Aurora Ticket: - used to reach island where Deoxys is located

Mystery Ticket: - used to get to the island where Ho-oh and Lugia are.

God, they never get tired of putting secret stuff that will be allowed to general public on at least one year after the game is released.... Look how many people have obtained the Eon ticket nowadays. Few, not including me.

Banned

Default Deoxys Found!

Actually, some reports say that the Mystery Ticket and the Aurora Ticket are obtainable in the game. Maybe.

And I call Deoxys a "she" because I've always thought it looks kind of feminine. Look at a picture of it and you'll see what I mean.

- Venusaur

Banned

Default Deoxys Found!

Did I just see cosmic power???..
    Deoxys has just become scarier..

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Deoxys Found!

Originally posted by Venusaur
    Serebii has just confirmed good news. Deoxys is present - and catchable - in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

First you have to get to the Eighth Rainbow Island (that may require something like the Eon Ticket - we don't know yet). On the Eight Island you can catch both Lugia and Ho-oh.

But a Ninth Rainbow Island has been found. (Exactly what you do to get to it isn't clear.) Once there, you simply have to solve an easy puzzle, and Deoxys appears.

She'll be level 30, so catching her should be easy compaired to the 70th-level Lugia and Ho-oh (bring some Dark pokemon).

- Venusaur
    By serebii, do you mean Serebii.net? I can't even open that site. Has it been on a new site or what?
    Please take it easy~

Banned

Default Deoxys Found!

Yeah, No Advertising please ~Zak

I can get there easily. They recently reopened it after a few weeks of trouble.

- Venusaur

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Deoxys Found!

Any pattern as to what sprite of Deoxys you get? Is it based on the version of the game it's in, or is it random like Spinda?

Banned

Default Deoxys Found!

Version dependent. I think FR has one with flatish-arms, and LG has.. a different one.

Banned

Default Deoxys Found!

Yes, LG's version has the Deoxys sprite like its flexing its muscles (think Machoke).