Thread: have you seen the GBA SP?

Banned

Default have you seen the GBA SP?

<points at topic>

And what do you think of it?

My opinion is such... in the December after it's launch, I acquire a used (but still perfect condition) GBA with F-Zero and THPS2 for $190 CDN... took me while to save for, that one... and now Nintendo wants me to plunk down another $140 so that I can have a visible GBA screen, and have it look like a Sony MD Player... sigh... what is the world coming too... if you find the GBA hard to see, invest in a good lamp... the only way I'm gonna get one is if I get it as a present... not likely since I'm probably gonna get a DVD player instead for my b-day... or if I really need one (if there's a game that's real cool and GBA SP exclusive)... for the moment, though, I don't like it... too small, not comfy-looking to hold, and you need to buy an adapter just for headphones? Thanks, but no thanks, Nintendo...

edit: BTW, a good site with pics and whatnot is

edit2: spellchecking... yay!

Many companies are already releasing these 'light' gadgets that attach to the GBA, and then there's your light so you can play at night!

But the only reason I'd get a GBA-SP is with its Lit Screen... and its compactness. At least, IMO, this is the smallest GB system to come out.

But to shell out another $99? And there are ****ing adapters needed for headphones? ! ? !

ajksdfasdknfhsdahga;f;adjflkhgsdafjkl;asdfkasdjgsk l;ajfl;skadjfkl;asdjfklsdjf;als0.0!!

Sheesh Nintendo, you and your money schemes...

But I have to admit, that thing looks SOO cool-ish, especially platinum!

Banned

why the hell couldnt they have made the gba back-lit (back-lighted?) in the first place?

greedy swines.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Originally posted by jet1213
    why the hell couldnt they have made the gba back-lit (back-lighted?) in the first place?

greedy swines.
    Actually, Nintendo did release a back-lit Gameboy once (I forget the year it was released though), it was called Gameboy Light. It was basicly a Gameboy with a backlit screen, however, due to extra bulk and needing to use more batteries, the handheld didn't sell well and was only released in Japan.
    Talk about not posting somewhere often, I have 0.04 posts a day here. KOOL!!!
    Now go to gameoveronline.com/forums, please.