Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Club: Eevee House (MA) Vs. 26

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Club: Eevee House (MA) Vs. 26

(Tiny's POV)

I was looking around at the food on the cabinets when i heard a yelp from Kalil. I looked up in time to see the contents of a frying pan catch on fire and Kalil falling off the cabinet. Not even thinking, I jumped onto the frying pan and laid myself done in it to smother the flames. Thanks to my ability and my type, it didn't hurt. When i was sure that the fire had died out, i reached over and turned the nob off with my paw. When i stood up, i groaned becuase my fur was now coated with the oil that hadn't caught on fire. "Great," I muttered. Then i looked around for Kalil. I found him near the fridge looking like Sinopa when she was worried about being caged. I jumped down off the stove and hurried over to him. "Are you okay?" i asked, concerned.

(Dakota's POV)

"I finally found you," Senshi said, weakly wagging his tail. I was stunned. "Is it really you?" i managed to croak out, and Senshi nodded his head yes.

I had so many questions, but i was glad that at least my brother was alive. "What happened to the pack after i left? How was mom? Does everyone think I'm..." I couldn't even voice that last question as my mine when back to the words that growlithe that had instigated the first attacks said to me the second time we met.
    [i]“You silly poochyena. The reason why you left is why you are a traitor. The boss would have understood if you had wanted to start a pack of your own, or if you had wanted to join up with a trainer. I see now that you have gotten a trainer, but it won’t help you. The boss couldn’t just let you leave because you didn’t like him, so he hired us to get rid of you. Our reward was getting to join the pack with our family. Everyone thinks you’re dead, and now I’ll make sure that what they think is true.”

(Ebony's POV)

"My mom was a black Ponyta, but I never met her; and Dad was a Ninetails. I was born at the Eevee House a while ago." Alana explained, before she closed her eyes in thought. "Hey, do you think we have te same mom?" she asked.

"I don't know, it's a possibility." I replied. My mom's name was Twilight and my dad's name was Starbuck. What was yours?"
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

<Drake's POV>

I stared on helplessly as Ryu broke down, trying to explain that he couldn't protect Elwing and therefore didn't deserve to be with her. I had no idea what happened to the two of them but whatever it was, it was desperate enough for Ryu to cry. I knew nothing about him except that he was infatuated with Elwing and yet here he was, pouring out his feelings.
    "You've got it all wrong," I shook my head slowly. "For one thing, you're not useless. You're powerful enough to give me or Blade a run for our money and you're younger than us. Also, I know you like Elwing enough to do everything in your power to protect her from other Pokemon. Now, I don't know what happened to you and her but as long as you tried your hardest, you can't be blamed for not helping her. I don't expect you to be her knight in shining armor everytime something bad happens and everyone in this world is far from perfect. Of course I would be mad if I couldn't protect my only daughter from someone but I'm mortal."

Ryu tried to contain his sniffling and hurried to brush his tears away, which caused me to smile.
    "Seems to me you needed a good crying for a long time. You're the strongest Pokemon on your team plus you think you're expected to shield Elwing from harm. That's quite a burden to shoulder, but it's unnecessary. Every Pokemon has their limitations and you're unwilling to accept your's. Once you learn to accept it, I think you'll become more at peace and a lot less stressed."
    I eyed him critically. "There's also the matter of your feelings for my daughter. I don't know if Elwing knows you like her but you're going to have to tell her sooner or later. Blade made that mistake once and it's still haunting him. Age doesn't mean a thing if you're in love and besides, I'd rather have her be with a more mature man than a reckless one."
    I winked and waited for him to respond, if he actually was going to reply.

<Aries's POV>

"Yes, close your eyes and try to relax and think of nothing. You might fall asleep or have a hard time trying to ignore thoughts or sounds around you and that's ok but after a while, you'll get the hang of it."
    He nodded and closed his eyes. I closed mine and started to breathe in slowly and exhale. After falling into a regular rythm, I checked up on Darin to see how he was faring.
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

"Ryu", the male Vibrava's POV:

I wiped away my tears hurriedly, probably too quickly judging by the smile that Drake gave me.

"Seems to me you needed a good crying for a long time," he observed. "You're the strongest Pokemon on your team plus you think you're expected to shield Elwing from harm. That's quite a burden to shoulder, but it's unnecessary. Every Pokemon has their limitations and you're unwilling to accept yours. Once you learn to accept it, I think you'll become more at peace and a lot less stressed."

He gave me a look that made me shudder, but I felt better as I listened to his words. "There's also the matter of your feelings for my daughter. I don't know if Elwing knows you like her but you're going to have to tell her sooner or later. Blade made that mistake once and it's still haunting him. Age doesn't mean a thing if you're in love and besides, I'd rather have her be with a more mature man than a reckless one."

At that, he winked at me. There was a slight pause for a moment as I recovered from my initial shock. Drake had given me his blessings? After all my failure?

"Thank you." I managed a weak smile. "Your advice means a lot to me... I'll do my best to heed it." I thought about Elwing, how much had happened to her, whether or not I should tell Drake about the horrible events at Sector Alpha. About Night and how I couldn't stop him. He loves her so much, I thought. It would hurt terribly to find out. I almost considered not telling him, but something in the back of my mind reprimanded me sharply. He was her father. He had the right to know.

Taking a deep breath, I mustered up the courage to speak my next words. "There is something you should know... The reason I avoided her was because I felt unworthy of her, but that isn't why you saw me distressed just now." I exhaled nervously, then welcomed another large gulp of air. "It... happened to her, not so much to me. You should talk to her; she needs you. Sector Alpha was my fault." I sighed. "Although all of your words are kind, only some of it is true - I lack courage. I can rush to battle a stronger opponent, I can leap in front of a fired bullet, but I couldn't even stay with her to prevent Night from getting to her..." I raised my gaze and made firm eye contact, waiting to see if he understood.

[COLOR=silver][B]Guardian Lune

[COLOR=gold]
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

(Tiana's POV)

Unfortunately i didn't realize how exhausted i was both physically and mentally, but my body did. I was so relaxed as i was sitting there doing my meditation, that i simply fell asleep.

(Ruki's POV)

I saw Beaky along with Koda and Casey head outside. I was about to join them when I noticed that Nuka and Kali were here. I'll meet up with Beaky and the others later I thought to myself. I took a deep breath, and headed over to them. "Hey, how are you doing?" I said, trying to be casual. [/color]

(Aiko's POV)

I was bored. Daddy was talking with a poochyena, so i didn't want to bother them. I sighed, Wildfire was busy training at the punching bags and Angel had gone for a walk with her Dad. I ran outside, not knowing whatelse to do. Then i saw Koda. I slowly made my way over to see how close i could get before he noticed me. To my credit, i got closer than i thought i would before he noticed me. "Hey Koda," I said when he noticed me.

(Darins POV)

"Yes, close your eyes and try to relax and think of nothing. You might fall asleep or have a hard time trying to ignore thoughts or sounds around you and that's ok but after a while, you'll get the hang of it." Dad explained. I nodded, before closing my eyes. I took a deep breath and tried to think of nothing but that was harder to do than it looked. Once i had finally managed to do that, i became acutely aware of the noises from the punching bags. I shook my head and tried again. I was gonna get this down even if it took me a while like iron tail did.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I quietly landed on my feet and signaled to my team to follow me. My blue steed couldn't help but walk loudly, he wasn't very light-footed afterall. My blue eyed leader stalked with me, insisting on walking between my feet as I myself walked. His son, fuzzy fur and all, following close behind him. on my right side, a pair of red eyes and a red jewl were floating through the air. Or so it seemed. The rest of my fellow team members followed behind me as instructed, as quietly as they could.

Once we reached the door, I carefully opened it a crack and peeked inside. I had made appearences here before and knew how much fun this vacation was going to be for my team and I. Maybe we could stay, maybe we couldn't.

I pushed the door all the way open and lead the way. I felt eyes staring at us, but I didn't mind. There were a couple pairs of eyes I was searching in particular. I knew my teammates were doing the same.
    Visit my Adopted Pokemon here!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

(Amy's POV)

After a busy couple of days, i made my way back to teh eevee house. My team was already there, and i hoped that Tiny and Colby weren't annoying anyone else. The same went for Sugar as well. I sighed. At least i had caught up with my home work for this week on my online courses.

As soon as i entered, i spotted a familiar face that ihadn't seen in quite a while. I headed over to her. "Hey, M_K." She jumped. I guess that she didn't hear me. "Sorry about that. It's been a while. How have you been?" i asked her.

(Sugar's POV)

I sat there staring in the pool. It was one of those days where i missed Jesse something terrible. I sighed. This time Ayla wasn't around to help cheer me up. She had decided to go live with another trainer and when that didn't work out, she chose a life in the wild. It kinda hurt when she didn't want to come back here, but then i guess that Ayla was old enough to know what was best for her. At least she visited everyday. Maybe i could talk her into dropping by here for a visit every now and then.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

[MK's POV]

As I was looking around at everyone, I heard my name and jumped, startled. I turned around and there was Amy. I smiled and gave her a hug of greeting.

"I'm doing okay," I answered when she asked how I was. "I've been so darn busy lately, I just haven't had hardly any time to myself. I'm sure you know how that goes. I've just started my first year of college and working as much as I can has taken a toll on my free time. But, I can't complain that life is bad, so I've been doing pretty well." I grinned to myself.

"How about you, what've you been up to?"

[Christian's POV]

I smiled happily up at Amy, sitting in between MK's feet. I don't think she noticed me yet. After a few minutes of letting them catch up, I reached out to Amy's shoe, grabbed it and pulled. When she looked down at me, I smiled and barked happily up at her.

"Hi Amy!" I greeted her.

[Jesse's POV]

I knew exactly who I was looking for. I was looking for two in particular. My girl, Sugar, and my other girl, Ayla.

I soon spotted Sugar sitting by the pool. At first I thought about pushing her into the water, but thought the better of it. Instead, I quietly shook my fur to make it more fluffy and padded to where she was. I sat down beside her, smiling as sweetly as I could and purred quietly. My heart melted for the umph-teen time when she looked at me at last.

"Hi Sugar."
    Visit my Adopted Pokemon here!

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Kyle's POV

It had been a while since I last came to the Eevee House. I had a slightly sad look on my face, knowing I had broken up a Pokemon family. Or did I? As I was about to open the door in front of me, I suddenly heard a cry in the distance. Figuring it was too hard to tell what it was, I turned around to see what the commotion was, and got a big surprise when I saw a small fire moving toward me. Rubbing my head in confusion, I was curious to if it was the Charmeleon I had long, long ago. But it wasn't. Within about a minute and a half later, the flame turned out to be part of a Charmander. Wondering if it might be the child of my new captured female Charizard, I took out the ball I used on her, enlarged it, and opened it up to reveal my Charizard.

"You recognize that Charmander ahead, Charra?" I asked her curiously.

"Huh? Wait, that's my son! How did he get all the way here?" Charra asked, rubbing her head in confusion herself.

"Maybe he was able to follow some footprints found here, and ended up here." I said, shrugging at Charra.

"Mommy! You're alright!" the overjoyed Charmander cried, running towards his mother.

Knowing that I had a family reunion before me, I couldn't help but silently shed a few tears of joy.

"Oh, thank you for reuniting me with my mommy!" the Charmander said as he happily smiled at me.

"Well, my little friend, you should thank yourself for managing to find this place. Listen, Charra, I need to tell you and your son something very important. Are you both willing to listen to a little tale of mine?" I asked.

"What or who does it have to do with?" Charra wanted to know.

"This happened to do with me as a matter-of-fact. About three or four years ago, I used to have a Charmeleon, but he was a Pokemon that I adopted and not captured. At the time, I had made a terrible enemy, who terrorized this building I'm standing in front of with some gadgets of his. I have to tell you, I am in absolutely no way similar to this guy. In other words, I'd never want to cause massive trouble like he did. He even picked on my Charmeleon after he was defeated in a battle." I said, with a slightly angry look on my face.

"Oh, I never thought you had an enemy, mister." the Charmander said, clearly surprised.

"My name's Kyle. I don't really want to say the name of this bad person, but I'm proud to say I saw the last of him a long time ago, and there has been peace here at the Eevee House ever since the guy met his end." I said with a smile.

"Oh, I'm really sorry I got angry at you. I just wished you could have asked to battle my mother first." the Charmander said.

"I know. I'm really sorry myself. It's just that, sometimes when I see a Pokemon I want to have, that I get so excited, I sometimes upset other Pokemon around it. Like with the time I found my Blastoise, Hydronix. He had a Politoed friend when I found him, and when they were in a shouting match, it was hard to pick who would win it, because I once thought they had an equal chance." I said.

"Well, I forgive you Kyle. Please take good care of my mother, I know you will, right?" the Charmander asked.

"Yes, I most certainly will take care of her. She's safe as long as she's with me. I'll personally make sure she can stand up to even those Pokemon with a type advantage over her. Giving Pokemon TMs to help counter their weaknesses is something I like doing." I said.

"Huh, you have TMs to counter my weaknesses?" Charra interrupted.

"Not yet, Charra. But someday, if I'm not too busy, I'll be glad to buy you a couple of TMs to help you." I replied.

"Well, I better be going. Seeing as that I know you're going to take good care of my mother, I'll see you around Kyle." the Charmander said as he was about to leave.

"Wait, don't leave just yet. What if you end up losing your way back here? If you really want to leave, you ought to take refuge behind the Eevee House. That way, incase it was ever to rain, I could open the door for you if it was raining outside." I said to the Charmander.

"Oh, I guess I could do that, thanks for the suggestion." the Charmander replied.

"Take care of yourself, son. I'll be around if you need help with something." Charra said to her son.

Watching as Charra's son disappeared out of sight, I decided to recall my majestic Charizard back into her Pokeball, and I went inside the Eevee House. Sitting down on a vacant sofa, I reached into my backpack for a few powder containing boxes. A few seconds later, I took out three of my Pokeballs from the captured Pokemon part of my backpack. Enlarging them one at a time, I opened them up to reveal Xeno my male Alakazam, Hydronix my male Blastoise and Blizzi my Jynx.

"I've got a TM for each of you three." I said to my captured Pokemon trio.

"That's very nice of you. What are the TMs?" Hydronix asked in curiousity.

"Well, I have here a Thunderpunch TM for Xeno, a Fake Tears TM for Blizzi, and a Rapid Spin TM for you, Hydronix." I said.

"Nice, I'm sure I'll enjoy the Thunderpunch TM." Xeno said.

"That's really nice, I'd be happy to take the Fake Tears TM." Blizzi added.

"Rapid Spin? That might come in handy someday." Hydronix added as well.

"Okay, I'll give you all your TMs in a sec." I said to my trio of Pokemon.

Reaching for the first box, I walked towards Xeno first.

"Is this box for me?" Xeno asked.

"Yeah, the contents of it are, to be exact. Mind if I sprinkle them on your fists?" I asked my Alakazam.

"On my fists? But why?" Xeno asked, confused for a moment.

"Because in this box is a punching move I'm sure you'll find very handy in battles against other Psychic types, as well as Dark types. What I'm about to teach you Xeno, is Thunderpunch." I said, as I began to sprinkle the medium amount of bright yellow powder onto Xeno's fists. About a second later, Blizzi, Hydronix and myself watched as sparks began to flow from Xeno's fists for about a split second.

"No doubt any Pokemon that I can damage in battle with this move will get a little charge out of it. Thanks for teaching me Thunderpunch Kyle, I appreciate it very much." Xeno said, giving me a satisfied nod.

Going for the second of the three boxes, I opened it up and walked toward Hydronix.

"I assume this is for me, right?" Hydronix asked, looking at the powder inside the box I was holding.

"Yes, it is indeed. Hydronix, this is the Rapid Spin TM I mentioned to you earlier. Here, let me sprinkle it on you." I said, as Istood up on my toes and evenly sprinkled the powder all over Hydronix, including his shell.

"Thanks Kyle, that was nice of you." Hydronix said, smiling at me.

"You're welcome Hydronix. Blizzi, the contents of this last box are for you." I said, as I went to get the third box I had.

"This must be Fake Tears." Blizzi said.

"It sure is, Blizzi. Here, let me sprinkle it on you." I said.

Taking a handful of the powder from the third box, I carefully sprinkled it over my Jynx, watching as it was absorbed into her body.

"Thank you very much Kyle, this might come in handy, you think?" Blizzi asked.

"If I needed you to use Fake Tears somewheres, Blizzi, yes, it might be handy. Not just in battle though, it may be handy elsewhere." I said.

"Elsewhere? What do you mean by elsewhere?" Blizzi asked.

"I really can't tell you much about where else to use this move Blizzi. But, maybe it could distract any wild Pokemon we run into anywhere." I said.

"Oh, I get it." Blizzi exclaimed.

"Well you three, right now I have other things to do later on, so return, all of you." I said, as I recalled my Alakazam, Blastoise and Jynx back into their Pokeballs, before deciding to relax for the time being...
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

[color=red]Trey's POV

The Eevee House was an establishment that had been run for years and years, a place where Pokemon and trainers could go to relax and unwind. As I had never been there before, it was with some trepidation that I stepped into the building, looking warily around. No whistles sounded, no alarm went off. I was here.

I saw no Eevee, no sign of how the place had gotten its name. I did however, see many different Pokemon of all types milling about, playing with each other. A large Growlithe was curled up in a comfy-looking armchair, fast asleep. A large Charizard embraced a Charmander, nearly dwarfed in his mother’s arms, while a trainer looked on. The air was thick with the sounds of laughter and voices, Pokemon and human alike, and I was a bit stunned. It took some getting used to.

A Linoone shot into the room through the space in between my legs, and I cried out, nearly falling over from the speed of the rushing Pokemon. Luckily, I grabbed hold of the doorway, saving myself from any further embarrassment.

“Geez, it’s a miracle that species has lasted that long… Collisions must be a nightmare…” I muttered, rubbing the back of sore leg. A nearby trainer shot me a wondering look, and I quickly shut up. Three minutes inside, and already I looked like a fool. At this rate, I would get myself thrown out of the house by the end of the day.

Try and relax. I took a deep breath, reaching for the two Pokemon hanging securely on my belt. They unlatched easily, and I released my newest (and only) Pokemon. Twin beams of red energy shot towards the floor before coalescing into recognizable forms.

One beam formed itself into the body of a male Squirtle, whom I had nicknamed Cooler. The Squirtle was young for his age, but inquisitive and energetic. I knew that the only reason that kept it from just running off to explore was the curiosity I inspired in him. He was an adoptee, and according to the manager, he was always running from one thing to the next, wherever his interest took him. Watching over him would be a handful.

The second beam formed itself into the sludgy mass of a male Grimer, whom I decided to call Troit. Troit had intimacy issues, or so I had been told, by one of the workers at the Adoption Agency I had went to. Grimer are filthy Pokemon: that is not their character, but their very nature, and an obvious barrier when it comes to making friends. Most Grimer stay in packs, for safety, companionship, and protection, but there had been no other Grimer at the center. Troit looked a little uncertain as he looked around, first at me, then at Cooler.

I crouched down, going down to their eye level. This was our first meeting, and I was eager to make a first impression. I had hoped the Pokemon around them would serve to relax them, not excite or worry them.

“Hi!” I greeted, a wide smile on my face. I had to choose my words carefully. In the end, I went with honesty. “My name’s Trey, and I’m going to be your new trainer, but more importantly, your new friend. I hope we get along well!”

To which Cooler promptly sprayed me in the face with a point blank Water Gun.

[color=blue]Cooler's POV

Being released from the pokeball was like getting up after a long nap. But there was so much to see! I quickly shook off my feelings of drowsiness and looked around. There were so many Pokemon! It reminded me of the adoption center, except there were no humans telling us not to climb trees, or wander into the basement, or tease old Brald, the manager’s Mightyena. Humans just don’t know how to have fun, do they?

Next to me, a vaguely familiar Grimer materialized. Had he been at the adoption center too? I thought so… but if he was, then I hadn’t seen him too many times. I think his name was Detroit, or Troit, or something like that. He looked around nervously, and almost in response, the stench coming from him worsened. I resisted the urge to hold my nose, settling instead to step a few feet away.

A human knelt down in front us suddenly. I knew he had been there, but it wasn’t until then that I got a good look. He started speaking, but to be honest, I didn’t hear much of what he said. I was more interested in checking him out. The best way to find out someone’s character is to test it yourself. So, in true Squirtle fashion, I put the human to the test, spitting a jet of water into his face.

The water had been cold, and unexpected, but the human did not fall back onto his soft shell, as I expected him to. Even though he was crouching, he never lost his balance. Instead, he wiped the front of his face with his forearm quickly, sputtering.

“What was that for?!”

“Squir squi tle squirtle. Squi squir,” I explained, but of course he only looked puzzled. I suppose he didn’t understand a word I was saying, even though I could comprehend his. I was impressed, even if he had reacted childishly, though. I had performed an instinctive Squirtle custom by spraying him in the face, and he had not flinched. Here was one with spirit!

“Squirtle!” I exclaimed, extending one of my scaly paws. Nice to meet you!

[color=purple]Troit’s POV[/purple]

Gone was the familiar environment I had known for years, replaced by a raucous house of Pokemon. Gone was the familiar face I had seen, replaced with a foreign human’s. Uprooted from safety, and catapulted into uncertainty… there could be only one solution. I had been adopted.

To be honest, I was astonished. Who would knowingly adopt a Grimer, after all, when we are the way… we are? It didn’t make sense. I must have been forced upon him, maybe I had been a package deal along with the Squirtle, whom I recognized from adoption center. He had been called Cooler.

Yes. A package deal. That had to be it.

“Hi!” the human said with a smile on his face. “My name’s Trey, and I’m going to be your new trainer, but more importantly, your new friend. I hope we get along well!”

Trainer? Friend? They were unfamiliar terms, talismanic, symbols of dreams dreamt in the dead end yet always gone in the morning, leaving behind a sense of disconnected loss. He was talking to both of us… to me! Did he mean it? Could it be true.

I was so busy pondering that, I barely noticed the rest of the human’s words, until his spluttered exclamation.

“What was that for!?”

“That was a test, human. It’s what Squirtle do,” Cooler explained cheerfully. The human stared back at him, not comprehending a single word, so Cooler went for a more direct approach, offering his paw. “You passed!”

The human, looking doubtful, took the paw and shook. Perhaps he thought he was going to receive another water gun. But Cooler only laughed and shook, before releasing the human’s hand.

“Nice to meet you, Cooler.”

Then the human turned to me. Even though I know my smell must have offended him, his face didn’t cringe as he approached me. I didn’t see the look of disgust I was so used to seeing in the eyes both Pokemon and human alike. Incredibly, he offered his hand to me without hesitation.

“Nice to meet you, Troit. I hope we all become good friends,” he said with a smile on his face. When I was slow to raise my hand in response, his hand darted forward, taking mine quickly and pumping in a handshake. Greenish- black goo splurted through his fingers with a sickening SPLURT!, yet he didn’t look grossed out, and he didn’t release my hand any sooner than Cooler’s.

Now I was really confused.

[color=red]Trey's POV
    I stood up, my right hand still dripping slightly from Troit’s handshake. Yet I didn’t wipe it away just yet. I had read youthfulness and vigor in Cooler’s eyes when I shook, and even though I didn’t understand him yet, I had guessed the meaning behind his attack. In Troit’s eyes I had read loneliness, despair even, but the cause I could only guess. I just had to hope that I could get him to open up.

“This is the Eevee House, guys. Feel free to look around- this is a place where you can go where you want, and hang out with other Pokemon. Just try not to wander too far, okay?”

“Squirt!” Cooler cried, before rushing off in a random direction like a hound that had just been loosed. Before I could say another word, the tiny turtle was gone. So much for slow and steady.

“Grim…” Troit said in a softer tone, before oozing off in another direction. My eyes stayed on him a little longer than they had on Cooler’s. He was so lonely… I wanted so badly for him to gain a friend. Hopefully, with me, that would happen, before his heart turned to stone for good.

[COLOR=red]Adoptees

ASB Team:Can you believe I only wanted 6?

Thanks, Saffire Persian!(If you like the banner, go ask her to make you one, too.)

ASBRPG Card

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

-Trezzatura the Beldum-

Once again, we found ourselves at the Eevee House. Different events kept calling us away, but time and again, the siren song of the place to hang out called us back.

"Oy! Trezzatura! Pick up the pace!"

On the other hand, a 'siren song' is not exactly what one would call Groviglio's voice.

"Right, right, keep yer vines on. I'm coming," I replied. The House could be rather intimidating, with its massive occupancy, and so I always felt slightly uncomfortable here - but then again, the massive amounts of Pokemon made it a lucrative place to run a betting operation.

Just then, Groviglio's voice rang out again. "Eugh! No way, slimey! I have it bad enough with Cambiamente on our team!" I glanced over in the direction of his voice, and watched the Tangela run away from a sad-looking Grimer. I floated over to him.

"Hi," I started cheerfully. "Don't let Groviglio get to you. He's... well, we're not entirely sure what's wrong with him. Uh, anyway, I'm Trezzatura. Who're you? I don't think I've seen you around before."

-Lento the Slowking-

I sat down under a tree and scanned the area. It looked fairly normal... a few new Pokemon had shown up lately, but nothing seemed to be amiss... Before long, my eyelids dropped. Zzz...

-Righello the Tyranitar-

"Well, well, well... what do we have here?" I smirked as I walked over to one of the new Pokemon running around. "New meat. Whaddya think, Seghuccello?"

The Aerodactyl beside me nodded. "Heheh, yeah, small guy, too." He lowered his head to get a closer look at the Squirtle. "He seems too active, though... I think we ought to fix that." He sneered at the Squirtle, an impressive sight with the size of his teeth.

"Hold it right there!" a voice yelled out. I turned around, and saw the form of Vivian, our team's Jynx. She was flanked by her daughter, a Smoochum named Dolce, and Alastor, a Nosepass. Alastor looked utterly uninterested in what was going on; I assumed he had followed Vivian out of boredom. "Don't you dare lay a finger on that poor thing!" She pushed me and Seghuccello aside and kneeled. "You okay, dear?" she asked quietly. "These two IDIOTS didn't hurt you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Troit's POV

I was on my own, but not completely on my own, right? Trey had urged me to try and make friends, and this wasn't the adoption center anymore. It was a new start! A fresh chance, an opportunity to change myself! I couldn't let fear hold me back.

A group of Growlithe were playing a game of tag, a group of small pups tearing around the place followed by a much larger dog. I could hear their excited yelps and barks as they blew past me (though of course, not too close). Speed is not a Grimer's specialty, though any skill can be developed, but it had never factored at the adoption center. No one had ever invited me to play, and I had never asked.

Staying true to the idea of a fresh start, I approached a passing Tangela with a tinge of unease.

"Do you... d'you want to play tag?" I asked the Tangela hesitantly. My voice shook more than I would have liked to admit, but I smiled as much as a Grimer can when I said it. The Tangela was less than receptive.

"Eugh! No way slimey!" The Tangela cried, and the look of disgust I remembered was there, one more unpleasant reminder of the past. "I have it bad enough with Cambiamente on our team!" Then the Tangela walked on, without a second look.

The rest of his sentence made no sense to me (Who was Cambiamente? Another Grimer?) but I gotten the general gist of his meaning. Rejected, again. Could there ever be a truly fresh start for me? I was beginning to wonder.

"Hi! a voice said behind me, startling me, and I turned around. A floating, blue Pokemon was before me. I think it was called a Beldum."Don't let Groviglio get to you. He's... well, we're not entirely sure what's wrong with him. Uh, anyway, I'm Trezzatura. Who're you? I don't think I've seen you around before."

"My name's Troit," I said, and this time my voice had a little more strength. Maybe it was because I had been approached this time, or maybe it was the thrill of meeting someone who wasn't repulsed by me. "This is my first time here, and I guess I'm a little... nervous. Nice to meet you."

Cooler's POV

The backyard of the Eevee House was even more interesting, if possible, than the inside. Here, the larger Pokemon relaxed and played, having more room to move than in the house. A lazy Ursaring lay on his back in the sunshine, snoring. Similarily, a Slowking snoozed under a birch tree. In the sky, Taillow and Swellow swooped and dived about each other in a mid-air game.

Best of all.. there was a POOL! I had to jump in, and I took off.

Before I could get there though, a large shadow loomed over me, practically blotting out the sun. I turned quickly, more curious than frightened. That was about to change.

Two HUGE Pokemon were standing over me. One was a like a mountain, made of tough rock and with a teasing look in his eyes. The other was some kind of huge bird, except he had talons the size of my shell and a huge jaw, full of sharp teeth. He leered at me, and suddenly I was painfully aware of all those teeth.

Instinct begged me, screamed at me, to withdraw, literally and figuratively. The smart thing to do would have been to hide in my shell until they walked away. Fortunately, I was used to blocking out that instinct. When it came to fight or flee, Cooler would always pick fight!

Luckily for those two, I was interrupted.

"Hold it right there!" a voice yelled out. I turned around, and saw a large Jynx, followed by a Smoochum and a Nosepass. "Don't you dare lay a finger on that poor thing!" Without a thought, she moved the two giants aside to kneel in front of me. "You okay, dear? "These two IDIOTS didn't hurt you?" She asked, shooting the mountain Pokemon a glare, who shrugged irritably.

I shook my head in a negative, a large smile replacing the fright that must have been on my face. "Lucky you came, Miss! These two were going to get it." I pointed at the flying beast, still boasting. "This one time, on a dare, I grabbed the tail of an adult Feraligatr while he was sleeping. And his teeth were even bigger than yours!" I held out my hands, to show them just how big.

The Jynx looked as if she wanted to chuckle, but I knew when I had a rapt audience. The bird and the mountain, on the other hand, were shooting me murderous glares from behind her. Turtle soup I thought, thinking of what method these guys would want to cook me. Maybe I should leave now...
    [COLOR=red]Adoptees

Thanks, Saffire Persian!(If you like the banner, go ask her to make you one, too.)

ASBRPG Card

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

-Trezzatura the Beldum-

"It's good to meet you, too," I replied to the Grimer. "Hey, there's no need to be nervous. Most of the Pokemon here are actually pretty nice, even if Groviglio isn't." I paused for a moment, thinking. "Although ol' Grove did have a pretty good idea... you'd probably get along really well with Cambiamente." I turned around. "HEY, CAM! Come over here!"

"Too late, Trezz," a voice called from the sky. A Pidgeot landed on the ground, grinning. "I'm already here." Quickly, the bird began to glow and change shape; before long, it had taken the form of a Ditto. "So who's this guy?" he asked. "Ummm... let's see..." Cam fixed his gaze on the Grimer and squinted. "Grimer, level 7, trait of Sticky Hold... knows Sludge, Minimize, Shadow Punch, Poison Gas, Pound, Harden..."

"This is Troit. He says he's new around these parts. Figured you two would have something in common," I said.

"Lemme guess," Cam interrupted. "Troit, you get avoided a lot, right? Same thing used to happen to me, only for a slightly different reason. People always assumed that Dittos are weak, and so I didn't get adopted for a long time. And in the adoption center, a lot of Pokemon avoided me because they thought that being able to Transform was creepy. The main thing I can say is just that if you assert yourself enough, people will begin to accept you."

-Righello the Tyranitar-

The Squirtle started yammering on about some Feraligatr. I glanced quickly at Seghuccello, who nodded. "Look, kid," I scowled at the Squirtle, interrupting him. "You're not hot stuff, okay? So just stop bragging about it."

"Yeah," Seghuccello agreed. "Now, if you were us, then you'd have something to brag about. We've taken down a Gym Leader."

"Oh please," Vivian sighed. "We've heard this story too many times. Seghuccello, don't you remember that Sableye beating you up? And Righello, that weird Tangela the leader used almost killed you. And if it weren't for Lento," she paused to gesture towards the sleeping Slowking, "you wouldn't have been able to beat his Gengar."

Just then, something small and brown flew through the air, impacting hard with the wall. It fell to the ground and awkwardly picked itself up, revealing itself to be a Farfetch'd. "Uh... uh... Vivian!" she stuttered. "Uhm... Fiamma was looking for you!"

"Thanks, Insolita," Vivian replied. She picked up Dolce in her arms and turned to me. "If I hear one word about you tormenting ANYBODY," she growled, "there will be hell to pay." With that, she walked off, followed by Alastor, who still looked incredibly bored. Insolita nervously looked from me to Seghuccello.

"Well, uh, it's been nice, um, hanging around, but I gotta fly!" she stammered, flying away quickly.

I turned back to the Squirtle. "So, little guy, it's just you and us," I chuckled.
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Troit's POV

Never before had I heard of a Ditto with such abilities. The only thing that shocked me more than the fact that he knew all of my moves, was that I found a kindred spirit. It was comforting to know that there was someone who had gone through the same things I had.

There were a lot of similarities in our stories: we had been disliked by humans and Pokemon, just for being the way we are. Yet, when I had been sullen, this Ditto- Cambiamente- had stayed upbeat. If there was any one factor for this change in character, it had to have been his adoption. Because he had went to a good trainer, he had realized his true abilities. Right?

"You're right," I said to the Ditto. I believed him immediately- half because I could relate to him, and half because I wanted something to hang on to. "Both humans and Pokemon stayed away from me because of my smell. But that's part of my character too, isn't it? I can't let that get me down."

Trezzatura bobbed, and the Ditto squirmed a bit, which I took as an affirmative. All of a sudden, I felt better already- like an uncomfortable weight had been moved from my "shoulders." A lopsided smile found itself on my face, and I felt a rush of gratitude towards the trainer I hardly knew.

"Thanks a lot, Cambiamente! I'll take your advice."

Cooler's POV

And just like that, my savior had disappeared, leaving me with the Rock Brothers. I felt like a Poliwag, that slips from the side of the riverbank after escaping a rabid Sharpedo swarm, right back into the monster's den. Somehow, I didn't think my story about the 50- foot Gyarados would help any.

Luckily, thinking quickly is something I can do. Actually, for tiny Pokemon, thinking quickly is practically a necessity. I had to diver their attention.

"You two must be pretty strong to take down a Gym Leader all on your own, huh? Aren't gym leaders the elite when it comes to trainers?" I asked, swallowing my fear and replacing it with awe. They wouldn't really try to eat me... would they?

Still, I couldn't resist adding, "When I grow up, I'm gonna beat more Gym Leaders than the both of you combined.

From their way their faces darkened in unison, I could tell that they didn't quite appreciate the comment.

[COLOR=red]Adoptees

ASBRPG Card

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

-Trezzatura the Beldum-

"Aheheh," Cam chuckled, "I'm glad I could help. It can be a tough world, but it's not so bad once you get used to it."

"Oy!" shouted a voice from behin the Grimer. Turning to look, we realized who it was, and exactly why he was able to sneak up on us so easily: it was Kurtzwick. He had taken to sneaking up on everybody ever since Jeff had given the Dratini a Transparent Juice. "Who's this?" He slithered closer without waiting for an answer. "Well, whoever you are, you better watch out!!" With that eloquent remark, he disapppeared in a cloud of smoke.

I leaned close to Troit. "Don't mind him. He prides himself on pulling off some pretty fancy stunts with a Mist attack. Also, make sure you keep a tight hold on anything you find valuable. He steals from everybody."

"I heard that!" Kurtzwick said, showing up behind me. "And I resent that! I don't steal from everybody! I wouldn't steal from Lagi..."

"Yeah, but she's family."

"Hey, it means I still have morals."

"Kurtzwick, you stole from your own trainer."

"Yeah, well..." Kurtzwick frowned. "Whatever. He was gonna give that Mist TM to me anyway."

Cam sighed. "Look, just don't rip off this guy here, huh? He's new."

-Righello the Tyranitar-

"You, small fry, are getting on my nerves," I said with a large grin. "That is a mistake."

"Hey, Rig, what happened to the last guy who irritated you?" Seghuccello asked, smirking.

"You mean the Omanyte? He's still in the hospital," I replied. "I had to rough him up pretty good..."

Just then, a sharp wind began to blow. It picked up especially when it got to the two of us, carrying small silver particles in it that stung when they hit. The wind began to swirl in a circle in front of the Squirtle, until in the center of it, the cause was revealed - a Shedinja.

"Booster," I growled.

Booster didn't say anything, but instead just resolutely hovered in front of the Squirtle.

"Get out of my way, bug! I'm gonna rip this turtle to shreds!" I snarled, but he refused to give up his position: instead, the Silver Wind began to pick up even more, and focused itself in my direction. I braced myself, but the wind was strong enough to push me back. I growled. "Fine, you know what? This Squirtle's not worth the time. We're outta here, Seg." Seghuccello nodded as the two of us walked away.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Troit's POV

"I don't really have anything you could rip off, anyhow," I said. "My trainer hasn't given me any items to hold. But even if he did, you might find it harder to take than you would think. Sticky hands," I explained, holding up my dripping palms. That was one good thing about the chemicals of my body. Things that were given to me had little chance of being taken back.

Trezzatura and Cam laughed, and I laughed with them. It was a good feeling... laughing with someone, instead of being laughed at. Something that I could get used to. Funny how quickly i had gone from my feelings of loneliness to this.

The Dratini, Kurtzwick, scowled and promptly disappeared from sight. "You won't be new forever! You better keep a close eye on your stuff..."It was anyone's guess whether or not he was still around. I had been shocked when he had appeared from nowhere- that wasn't a natural talent for Dratinis, was it? I mean, it's a Dragon, but that's a little much. However, neither of my two new friends seemed concerned, and I shook off my doubts.

"I should get going," I said to the two of them. While I spoke, Cambiamente transformed into different Pokemon at random, purely for his own amusement. POOF! An Arcanine. POOF! A Dragonite. POOF! A Heracross. POOF! A Hitmonlee. It was dizzying, yet he seemed to be doing it without any strain at all, like a reflex. "I should try to find my teammate, Cooler, and my trainer. But I won't forget what you've said.

Cooler's POV

"You, small fry, are getting on my nerves," The huge Pokemon said with a large grin, exposing glimmering teeth. "That is a mistake."

"Hey, Rig, what happened to the last guy who irritated you?" The stone bird asked, his huge mouth twisted into a smile.

"You mean the Omanyte? He's still in the hospital," "Rig" replied. "I had to rough him up pretty good..."

Omanyte? Hospital? I didn't understand everything the two said, but I got the gist of their meaning. Apparently, these guys had no problem with messing around with a guy like me... which was very bad news. The time for talking had passed, and soon it would it come to fight or flee.

If I could make a break for it, jump into the lake, then I would be free! Both of them looked like rock Pokemon, which meant there was no way to follow me unless they had a death wish. If they waited for me to surface, I would simply dive and try to find another way out. It was a big lake, after all, and they couldn't be everywhere.

Just as I was steeling myself up for a Water Gun, though, a hard wind started to blow. The air seemed to ring as it passed by me, and it seemed surprisingly solid when it blew past "Rig," who stiffened. The wind seemed to return, homing in one position in front of me. Faster and faster the whirlwind spun, until a strange-looking Pokemon appeared from out of nothingness.

"Booster!" "Rig" growled, his eyes narrowed.When the bug said nothing, he snarled, "Get out of the way! I'm gonna rip this turtle to shreds!" I flinched at his tone- obviously he was more serious than I thought- but I needn't have worried. The wind picked up again, this time actually pushing "Rig" back on his tracks, even though I felt naught but a breeze.

"Fine!" "Rig" relented, saving face. "You know what? This Squirtle's not worth the time. We're outta here, Seg," he muttered,stalking away, and the ground seemed to tremble with each footstep. Impossibly, the huge bird flapped its large wing, extending its impressive wingspan, and flew off after him. I watched them go with confusion, as my savior turned to face me.

I had no idea what type of Pokemon was in front of me. It was smaller than me, yet something about it had scared off a Pokemon at least five times its size. It hovered without wings, and its body was dry and husklike, like the shell of a Kakuna, or the shedded skin of a Seviper I had once found.

"What was eating them?" I joked, trying to relieve the tension, but the bug didn't respond. Nonplussed, I ignored his reaction. Even if he was a little strange-looking, I always repay my debts, and I definitely owed him one. I extended one of my palms, forgetting the fact that the bug had no hands. "You sure saved my shell today, pal.I sure won't forget it.
    [COLOR=red]Adoptees

ASBRPG Card

My font color trolls... Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Darkfire -

I ventured into the Eevee House and looked around at all of the Pokemon. Eventually I sat on the couch with a yawn, tired. I pulled out some Pokeballs and released my three adoptees, a Bagon, a Dratini, and another Dratini with wings. "Here you go, guys. Go have fun." The normal Dratini, Radek, grinned widely and shot out for the pool, passing other Pokemon rapidly. His twin brother, Menos, followed less rapidly, taking his time. The Bagon, Drystan, headed the opposite direction and found the training section where he bagan to test his Rage attack.

Next, I released a large, glowing Houndoom. He gave a soft howl and began to run around the house before coming back, sad. He hadn't seen the Espeon he had been looking for. I stroked him soothingly and released three Eevees, shiny and with a purple glow just like their father. The oldest, a beautiful female, lounged in my lap. She was fully grown and had a luxoriously soft coat.

The twin Eevee boys pounced on eachother, snarling and hissing, and rolled around on the ground as they nipped. Nuka picked one up by the scruff and held him away from his twin brother as they tried to go at eachother. He lifted the second twin telepathically with Hidden Power and sighed, his mouth and mind full. Kali saw a new young man and leapt off of my lap, heading right toward him. she reached him and began to rub against his leg, purring.

Radek -

I plunged into the pool with a splash and began to preform tricks in the water. My slowpoke brother arrived a bit later and peered into water, his long, feathery wings folded at his side. I surfaced and gave a pleased laugh. "C'mon in," I envited, "The water's awesome!"

"No thank you, my wings take forever to die," Menos sighed. I chuckled softly.
    What do you think of people who call themselves airheads?

Adopted Pokemon . ASB

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/particip...novels/ravenic

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

It’s not much but I haven’t posted in so long that I wanted to post a little something.

(Tiana's POV)

I couldn’t believe how long it had been since my entire team was here. My attention was soon brought back to the present where Aslan, my son, was squirming to get down. The last time that I was here he and his two brothers hadn’t even been born yet. I hurried over to one of the empty sofas and quickly jumped up. I quickly settled down on the cushion and began to groom my son much to his displeasure. As his struggles increased, the purple glow surrounding him grew brighter. He continued to struggle for a while until eventually he gave up. I had to chuckle at his antics though.

It wasn’t long after I had finished giving Aslan his bath, when he gave an excited squeak. He was looking across the room. I looked up to see what he had seen and immediately began purring. I picked him up and nimbly jumped down off the couch. Though it seemed that Nuka must have also heard Aslan as well because he was heading towards me carrying both of Aslan’s brothers with him.

(Colby’s POV)

I slowly made my way to the pool. I kind of hoped that Kiva would be around somewhere. It wasn’t really anyone’s fault that we hadn’t been here in a while. Amy had been exceptionally busy lately. I didn’t see Kiva in the pool but that wasn’t proof that she wasn’t here. She could have been anywhere in the house. I sighed before I dove in.

(Laila’s POV)

I headed toward the backyard in an attempt to find a private place to practice. Unfortunatly the spot where I was headed was already occupied by a tyranitar, so I tried to sneak off unnoticed but wasn’t successful.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Since I'm the newest recent post Darkfire, I'll assume that young man is mine. Of course, if I'm wrong let me know, and I'll edit it.
    Just recieved two new adoptees, a Machop and a Voltorb, but I'll release them later, as it wouldn't make too much sense now.

Trey's POV

Troit and Cooler had gone without a second look at me, so I found a seat soon after. Despite the cacophony of noise in the House, I soon found myself nodding off. As I watched a Slowpoke tail-fish from my position at the window, I fell into a dreamless, peaceful sleep.

I was awoken suddenly by a pressure on my right leg. I jerked awake, brushing some drool off my chin with a forearm, and looked down. A large Eevee, a strange purple sheen in its coat which seemed to glow and fade with the light, was rubbing against my leg, purring happily. What causes that color?I wondered if it was the result of breeding, but it was hard to be sure. Eevee cells are rumored to be very unstable.

"Hey there, girl," I said softly, bending down to scratch gently behind one of the Eevee's ears. She purred louder in response, leaning into my hand. That was strange. What had drawn her to come over to a sleeping stranger? I didn't carry any treats with me...

"Where's your trainer?" I asked, still stroking the female with one hand and now scanning the crowd. The Eevee reluctantly left my grasp and trotted off in one direction, then stopped, looking back at me and barking. I may not have understood Pokemonese, but even I could understand that she wanted me to follow her.

I stood up, leaving my chair by the window, and ventured off into the crowd. The House was crowded, but by keeping my eyes on the purple glow a few feet in front of me, I was fine. The Eevee darted out of the crowd and leapt onto the lap of a young woman with ease. Two Eevee pups, smaller but just as purple as their sister, wrestled on the ground, playfully nipping at each other's ears.

I looked away from them, turning my attention to the woman. "I found your Eevee. Or rather, she found me."

[COLOR=red]Adoptees

ASBRPG Card

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

-Trezzatura the Beldum-

Troit said his goodbyes to us and slithered off. I glanced at Cam, who had reverted back to his natural form. "Showoff," I said, rolling my eyes.

"What?" Cam replied, chuckling.

I smiled. "You know what I mean. Bam, Arcanine. Bam, Dragonite. Bam, Hitmonlee."

"Hey, just because I have a short attention span..."

"Ah, relax, it's not a big deal." I blinked. "Hey, where'd my collar go?"

Cam frowned. "Kurtzwick... get back here!" A puff of white smoke to my right alerted me to the Dratini's presence.

"You guys are no fun, you know that?" he whined as I took the collar he was holding back and fastened it around my neck.

-Lento the Slowking-

I woke up slowly and lazily yawned. From where I sat, I could see Booster talking to a Squirtle. Well, the Squirtle was talking to him; the conversation, as are most that include Booster, seemed a little one-sided. From what I could hear, the Squirtle was thanking Booster for something. Booster extended a lone claw to shake the Squirtle's paw and nodded. Then, a Silver Wind picked up around Booster, and began to swirl around him; when it cleared, he was gone.

-Righello the Tyranitar-

"GRAAAAGH!" I yelled, and punched the ground. It made a rather impressive crater, and it helped to burn off some steam. That stupid Booster... who does he think he is? Nobody humiliates me! Nobody! I'll take care of him, and then that meddling Jynx will be next! Just then, a loud screech interrupted me from my thoughts. I turned around, and saw Seghuccello, who had been sleeping peacefully, yelling at a Larvitar... something about stepping on his tail.

"Well, well..." I said, just loud enough to get their attention. "You've got guts, kid. Most Pokemon don't even dream of disturbing us... Now, whaddya want? Make it quick; I've got some rage to work off..." I sneered. "I can't be held responsible if I let it out too soon, capisci?"

-Kiva the Vaporeon-

"Hey, Kiva?"

"Yeah, Anzu?"

"How'd we get on the roof?"

"Honestly, I don't know." Just then, a bright flash lit up the roof, revealing Maza. He grinned and twirled one end of his moustache.

"Hey, Kiva," he smiled. "Someone down there's looking for you."

"Really?" My eyes widened in surprised. "Wait, how do you know this?"

"Well, he wasn't exactly quiet about it..." Maza blushed. "Okay, fine, he was only thinking it. Happy?" I nodded, grinning. "Look, I'll Teleport you down there. I think he's in the pool." I nodded again, and he smiled back: the world twisted around us for a brief moment before I found myself standing in front of the pool. I dove in, relishing the feel of the water, and spotted the familiar shape of Colby. I swam over and greeted him.

Advanced Trainer

Yeah, I meant you. ^^

Darkfire –

I smiled at him. “Thanks,” I said. Kali leapt back on the couch and curled up, grooming her shiny, glowing coat. I stroked her gently. “She’s just happy to get out. I’m Darkfire by the way,” I added, offering my hand.

Nuka –

Still carrying an Eevee in my mouth and an Eevee psychically, I headed eagerly over to the shiny Espeon and a third male Eevee that looked almost exactly like the twins Darkfire had let me keep, only without a freckle on his cheek. My tail wagged happily as I set the Eevee twins down on the sofa by Tiana before I gave her a loving lick on the cheek.

“I missed you both so much,” I whispered.

Adopted Pokemon . ASB

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Trey's POV

“My name’s Trey,” I said, shaking her hand with a smile. “Nice to meet you. I’m new, so that would explain why your Eevee would feel the need to check me out.

“Her name is Kali,” said Darkfire, still stroking the Eevee, who looked at her with adoration in her bright eyes.

“I see,” I said, falling silent and observing the Eevee. The two Eevee brothers whom I had seen wrestling had been separated by a harried-looking mother Espeon, who seized one by the scruff of his neck and the other with psychic abilities. Then, she promptly got up and left, going in a different direction. As I watched, I could the two brothers still struggling to get to each other, even while suspended in midair, and suppressed a chuckle.

“I couldn’t help but notice the coat of your Eevees. Why are they that bright purple color? A trait from the parents?”

Troit's POV

I found Cooler standing in the middle of the backyard. A few feet away, there was the heavy treads of a very LARGE Pokemon. Two of them in fact. At the adoption center, Cooler had not been known for starting fights, but there was the occasional Pokemon that found his personality grating rather than charming.

“Hi Cooler,” I greeted, oozing up to him. Cooler seemed to snap out of whatever reverie he was in as he looked up, as if just noticing me.

“Oh.. hi Troit. What’s up?” He said in a distracted tone. He looked off in the distance, as if recognizing someone from far off.

“Did something happen?” I said, pointing to the Pokemon tracks.

“Oh… that.” He quickly told me what had happened, finishing up with the encounter with the strange Pokemon that did not talk. He described it at length, but finally I shook my head.

“Sorry, doesn’t sound like anything I’ve ever seen before. You sure you didn’t just imagine it? I mean, something that tiny scaring off two giants? Doesn’t make much sense to me.”

“I swear, it’s true!” Cooler cried, ignoring my skeptical look. “One of them recognized the bug. Maybe it’s a friend of theirs or something?” When my face remained unconvinced, Cooler gave up. Frequently, he embellished his stories, though it always began at the honest truth. But, when he was faced with an unbelieving audience, he didn’t try to push his luck. Cooler gave me a strange look abruptly, cocking his head to one side.

“What is it?” I asked, feeling like I was being inspected.

“Nothing…” he answered. “You look a little different, that’s all. Maybe that’s my imagination too.” Cooler threw up his paws, turning his back on me. “I’m
    going for a swim. Cool off. See you later!”

With that, the turtle raced off towards the pool without a second look. Left alone, I decided to wander back into the house and see if I could find my trainer.

Looked a little different? I wondered. I certainly felt different, but could one conversation have made that much of a difference. It had impacted my way of thinking, yes, but.. I pondered as I slid back into the house, via the back door.

Cooler's POV

The pool was cold and refreshing to my scaly skin, which had begun to get a bit dry, partly because of the heat and the sweat accumulating from my encounter. I dove to the very bottom, tapping the bottom with one paw, before swimming as fast as I could to the surface, surfacing with a large splash and loud exhale. There was nothing more enjoyable than a swim! At least, for a Squirtle.

Relaxing, I reclined onto my shell, floating easily, and performed a lazy backstroke. I was in my element now, safe within my watery domain. There was definitely no worries about Rig or his friend Seg. What strange names they have…

My attention drifted as I listened to the sound of the water gently rocking my shell. It was almost hypnotizing, intoxicating, and I felt my eyelids grow heavy. After such a stressful encounter, this swim was just what I needed.Maybe I'll just close my eyes for a few seconds...Within minutes I was snoring loudly as I floated, the first sleeping Pokemon buoy.

[COLOR=red]Adoptees

ASBRPG Card

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

-Groove Guy the Sudowoodo-

Jeff had left me inside the Eevee House, and, more importantly, he had also left a new TM behind with me. The TM sparkled in the sunlight streaming through the windows as I carefully picked it up. On the front, in block letters, was written the phrase 'Mega Kick.' I opened it, and a shower of white dust cascaded over me.

"Hmmm... I wonder how I can use this..." I mumbled to myself, smiling slightly. I closed my eyes and focused my will into my hands: they began to glow purple, as small orbs of the same color appeared in my grasp. I tossed a few up into the air experimentally, and then began to juggle them, venturing into familiar territory: Hidden Power: Poison was the attack I relied on most in battles, and this was my preferred way of using it. Just then, an idea struck me. I tossed a few orbs particularly high into the air, then as they fell, and spun in a circle and unleashed a Mega Kick on each of them in succession. Just as I had hoped, the Hidden Power flew much further and much faster than they normally did...

...but unfortunately, they did so into a Pokemon who happened to entering the House at the same time: an unassuming Grimer. I started to go over to apologize, but ended up dropping the rest of the orbs, splashing poisonous goo on the floor.

"Oh no..." I groaned.

-Fauss the Grovyle-

I flew into a target and made a quick swipe. The target showed no signs of change for a few moments, after which it promptly split into pieces. I grinned and moved in front of the next one. This one began to glow green as it began to collapse in on itself: the Giga Drain worked like a charm.

Suddenly, a chilled wind picked up inside the room. It spun around itself in the center of the room, and from it hovered the familiar form of Booster. True to form, Booster didn't say anything, instead choosing only to acknowledge me by nodding in my direction and giving a small grin. He hovered to the other side of the room and fired a mass of black energy at a target, which fell to pieces.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Troit's POV

There seemed to be even more Pokemon in the house than when I had last saw it. At first I thought it was my imagination, but that soon changed: there were a number of strangely colored Eevee running about whom I defintely had not noticed.. They were a bright purple color, which looked cute rather than unhealthy.

SPLATSPLATSPLIT!

Something hard and small impacted against my face and chest in very quick succession. I winced, preparing myself for the rush of pain that would follow any attack... but it never came. Curious, I looked down at my chest. Brightly colored orbs of poison were dripping down my body. They stung slightly, being a different form of chemical than what my body was accutomed to... but soon that pain faded, as my body began to integrate them into my system. Within seconds, there was no sign of any sort of attack at all.

I looked around for the source of the attack, and spotted a Sudowoodo, juggling about five more orbs dexterously. As he approached me, his face in a sheepish grin, one of his hands hesitated for half a second. His internal rhythm was thrown off, and the orbs fell to the floor with a wet BLAT! and immediately began to eat away at the the floor.

"Oh no..." the Sudowoodu groaned, standing over the mess and probably thinking fast of a way to clean up the mess without losing his fingers. But his attack had given me an idea. I oozed over to his position as fast as I could, and leaned over. Slowly, I ran my hands over the acidic spill, covering each one of the orbs in turn. Like before, I felt a slight stinging sensation on my palms as the orbs adhered to my body. And as before, the pain dissapated, leaving behind a slight numb sensation. When I lifted my hands, the poison was gone, though the damage to the floor would be more permanent.

"Neat trick," the Sudowoodu said, beginning to bop and rock to his own internal rhythm again. "Sorry about hitting you, there. I was trying out a new move and, it was a little more than I expected. Guess that's why it's 'Mega' Kick, y'know."

"Don't worry about it," I said with a shake of my head. At least, I had learned something new about myself that I didn't know before. Poison attacks were even less effective than usual to me, and I wondered if my body could create the same sort of effect for poisons that humans do for disease. If my body had absorbed a certain poison before, would it ever affect it again? It was worth experimenting with.
    [COLOR=red]Adoptees

ASBRPG Card

Advanced Trainer

Darkfire -

"Yeah, they got the glow from their father, Nuka that Houndoom." I said, pointing to the Houndoom that was now sitting by a shiny Espeon. "And that's thier mother that they inherited their shiny color from, Tiana. She's Amy (Wolfsong) 's Pokemon. I own quite a few unique Pokemon, actually, most of them Caputred. But I'm very proud of my Adoptees all the same. I also came back form a long vacation so..." I trailed off, feeling sad.

I had released a lot of my previous Pokemon recently to reconstruct a team that was too large to come back to and babies that had grown into adults. It had been uncomfortable and we had all decided to go our seperate ways to make things easier on everyone.

"So my Adopted team is rather small." I finished with a sigh. "What about your Pokemon? Do you Capture or Adopt or both?"

Radek the Dratini -

I saw a Squirtle climb into the pool. Curious and feeling rather devilish, I waited for him to fall asleep. My brother saw the look in my eye and shifted on his place on the side of the pool.

"Don't, Radek," he warned, shifting his large wings unfomfortably. Too late, I had already sneaked off. I swam underwater and aimed my nose upward. The Squirtle's shell was facing downwared, a perfect target. Taking perfect and well trained aim adn concentration, I fired an Ice Beam. A stream of frozen water came from my mouth and froze the shell and area around the shell, spinning the Squirle.

Menos the winged Dratini -

I watched the Pokemon, shocked and spinning in the water, shout, startled. Radek surfaced nearby and laughed while I shook my head.

"One day you're going to get in trouble, Radek," I warned. "Big trouble."

Adopted Pokemon . ASB

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

(Tiana the shiny espeon's POV)

When I saw Nuka heading towards us I waited by the couch. When he placed the twins on the sofa, I jumped up and placed Aslan with them. Then I jumped down and landed on Nuka’s back before hopping down to the floor. “I missed you both so much,” he whispered. “Me too,” I said, purring. As I turned around to sit beside him, I noticed that the twins were wrestling again and Aslan had joined them. I had to chuckle at the site.

(Colby the black vaporeon’s POV)

I was swimming in circles in the pool. I tried to clear my mind of all thoughts, but every time one always drifted back into my mind. When it did, I would pause and look around. It was during one of these pauses that I saw her. When she swam over, I had a big grin on my face. “Hey, how are you?” I asked.

(Laila the elemental larvitar’s POV)

I was trying to be quiet and I had almost made it out of there without getting noticed. Key word, Almost. I accidentally stepped on what I thought at first was a rock. At least that’s what I thought it was till it started screeching. Immediately, I flinched.

“Well, well…” I heard a voice say. Evidently the screeching aerodactyl managed to get the tyranitar’s attention. Then the tyranitar looked at me. “"You've got guts, kid. Most Pokemon don't even dream of disturbing us... Now, whaddya want? Make it quick; I've got some rage to work off..." he said, sneering. "I can't be held responsible if I let it out too soon, capisci?" I took a slow deep breath before attempting to answer his question and even then my voice wavered at first. “I… I was looking for someplace private to practice my attacks. When I saw you here, I tried to sneak away unnoticed. I didn’t even see him until I accidentally stepped on his tail.” I explained, glancing nervously over at the aerodactyl. “I… I’ll leave you alone now I said as I started to walk off.

(Zale the shiny vaporeon’s POV)

I slowly made my way to the pool and on the way, I passed Cassius. I shot him a look that let him know that I still hadn’t forgotten what he had tried to pull before continuing past. Once there I saw an unfamiliar dratini freeze an equally unfamiliar squirtle in the water. I hurried over to the pool and tried to break the squirtle free, but I lacked any moves that could break ice. Instead, I called Sunita over and she quickly made short work of the ice surrounding the squirtle with her iron tail. I turned to the squirtle. “Are you okay?” I asked him.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Trey

"My team is all Adoptees. Don't ask me why." In truth, I wasn't sure what had motivated me to this decision. Partly because I felt a little strange over the idea of capturing Pokemon... willingly removing them from their homes and their families, just to battle for me. What gave me that right? Then I thought about the abandoned Pokemon I had seen in the Adoption Centers... those poor few who know the life of the wild and life with a trainer... but are too weak to survive in either. You can always recognize them. They have different eyes.. defeated, and distant.

There is a flip side, though. There are many things Pokemon get that they would have never recieved if they had stayed in the wild. Non-material things, like friendship, connections... a bond. I thought of Cooler, who would have never met anyone like Cooler in the wild, and vice versa. I thought of Troit, whose mindset might never have had a chance of changing without an experience with someone else. If they truly wanted to battle, then I would not deny them that wish.

"So, how long have you been a trainer?" I asked in turn. "I'm still fairly new at this, and you seem to have a little more experience than me."

Cooler

I dreamt of many things, but one stays in my mind. I was walking down a path in a deep forest. The forest was large and dark, strange trees rose up to the sky. The sun trickled down in soft tendrils of light through the holes in the leaves, leaving patches of shade across my road. With each step I took, I felt a rising sense of satisfaction and accomplishment, that I couldn't attribute to anything else. Then, out of nowhere, Rig materialized in front of me, blocking my path. I couldn't get past him, so I was forced to turn back, and when I did, a deep sense of shame came over me.

When I turned around though, the human who had adopted me, Trey, was standing there. He urged me forward without saying a word, and I felt his presence at my back when I turned around again. This time, when I walked forward, Rig stepped out of my path, allowing me onward. I broke into a run, going faster and faster, as I spotted a clearing in the distance...

The sound of the water against my shell, that had lulled me to sleep, had ceased, and I awoke. I slapped out with a paw, guessing that I had beached myself on the bank while I slept. However, instead of touching warm water, my paw slapped something distressingly cold and unrelenting. I cracked open an eye and saw that a block of ice had formed around me. It didn't make any sense!

Wait a minute. Ice shouldn't have formed, and even so, normal ice would have melted in the current. This ice isn't even slippery! Someone must have set me up!

"Get me outta here!" I cried loudly, armed with this new knowledge.First I tried to lift myself off of the ice, but it was no good. My shell was trapped in a small hollow of ice that had formed, and my legs were numb from the contact with the ice. I rocked back and forth, side to side in an effort to overturn the block, but it was far too large. I didn't know any moves that could free me from my prison... I was too weak.

Just as I slumped on my back in defeat, I heard a splash of water next to me as something came up. I kept silent, fearing that it was some cruel Pokemon that had come to take advantage of me in my predicament, but I needn't have worried. A soft voice called, "Sunita!", and a second splash came. A small Dratini poked its head quizzically over the top of my prison, before smashing the ice away with one of his attacks.

"Thanks!" I gasped as I floundered in the water, feeling a shock as my numb legs entered the warm water. Fragments of ice floated away from me as I struggled to keep afloat; my legs were refusing to obey! I used my arms to tread water, still breathing heavy.

"Are you okay?" said the voice of one of my rescuers, a strangely glitter Vaporeon. A Dratini was floating next to her, the same expression of concern on her face.I could feel my face flush in embaressment. Before, I had needed rescuing, because those other Pokemon had been huge, and very capable of hurting me. But, attacked in the water- my home!- was unacceptable.

"Fine," I said, my eyes scanning the pool for the attacker. "Who's the wise guy!?" I cried aloud to the pool. Ice Beam was a fairly high-level move, but using it on a sleeping Pokemon was a childish act. I knew I was dealing with a kid. Some distance away, I saw two curious Dratini (they were everywhere!), one with wings sitting on the bank, and another in the water with a grin on his face.

"You!" I growled, pointing at the offender with a finger.
    [COLOR=red]Adoptees

ASBRPG Card

Advanced Trainer

Yeah, it's short. But it's better than nothing, lol

Darkfire -

"Oh, I don't know," I replied and stretched. It was a lazy day today. "About two years in total, but that would be including my vacations. I usually don't train in winter, I get logged up on other stuff. But I'm pretty familiar with the Capture and Adoption systems." I trailed off for a moment, thinking about a certain Pokemon that I had seen in the abandoned section of the PokeZoo.

"So if you need any help, I could try to help." I finished and thought of a question for this new trainer. "What kind of Pokemon do you own?"

Radek the Dratini -

I grinned in reply. "Me," I agreed. The Pokemon looked rather furious but I didn't really care. It had been amusing to watch him splash and squirm around until the party poopers had broken the ice. Menos shook his head again, muttering under his breath.

"What are you gonna do about it?" I challenged with a grin and froze another block of water with a well aimed Ice Beam. It was my specialty attack, and even Menos was jealous of my ability with Ice attacks.

Nuka the purple glowing Houndoom -

I laughed softly as hte reunited Eevees rolled together on the ground, tumbling. Out of hte corner of my eye, I saw Darkfire's Dratini twins tralking to a rather upset Squirtle. I gave an irritated sigh and tried to put it out of my mind, but I couldn't. "That Radek will never learn," I muttered. When Tiana gave me a curious look, I explained, "Radek is Darkfire's Adopted Dratini. He plays childish pranks too much, he's actually more annoying than Cass was before we got wise with him. I might have to teach him a lesson soon..."

Adopted Pokemon . ASB

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

<Lyra's POV>

It had been a long time since we were at the Eevee House. Less and less people frequented there and Rebecca became too busy to take us so we had to content ourselves with going to other establishments aside from this one. A few days ago, we heard a few people joined the Dragon Tamers and assumed the house would be busy again. Fortunately, we were right and the place had a few new trainers, as well as some new Pokemon.

As always, I headed towards the pool and with me came Orion. At that precise moment, I saw Zale and a little Squirtle stare angrily at a smirking Dratini with a winged Dratini right beside him.
    "Hey Zale, what's up?" I asked.
    "That Dratini froze the Squirtle for no reason whatsoever," he frowned.
    "Yeah, I was sleeping and when I woke, I was covered in ice," the Squirtle complained. "I didn't even do anything to him!"
    "So?" the Dratini responded snidely. "It was just a joke. I just wanted to try my Ice Beam out and he was the lucky target. He so weak he couldn't even break out of the ice!"
    I rolled my eyes and sighed. Childish bullying. The only way to cure them of the behavior was to instill dominance.
    "Ok...whoever you are," I waved my hand towards the Dratini.
    "It's Radek," he grumbled.
    "Right, Radek. As far as I'm concerned, what you did was stupid and wrong. It's fine to test your attacks but not on other Pokemon. Serious consequences come with behavior like that."
    "Like what?"
    "Like this."
    Creating an opaque ball of ice with a small portion of power, I shot it at Radek's body and covered his lower half with ice. He squawked and tried to move but I knew he couldn't. Zale moved forward with concern but I shot him a look that defied him to take another step. I also glared at the winged duplicate of Radek and and he stopped in his tracks, shooting glances from me to Radek. I sat down and tipped Radek's chin upwards so he could look me in the eye.
    "Now," I said slowly, "I don't care who you are or how powerful your attacks may be. Assaulting another Pokemon just for fun and games does not bode well with anyone here, especially with me and my teammates. I don't like to threaten other Pokemon but if I see you attack that Squirtle or someone else, I will come back to deal with you. And don't you even dare coming after me because I'm more proficient with Ice Beam than you could ever care to learn."
    I glared at him a little bit longer before getting up and motioning for Orion to defrost him with his Flamethrower. I didn't like talking like that to little kids but if he kept it up, it would get worse before it got better.
    "Don't worry," I told Zale when he looked at me with alarm. "You know me better than that. A harmless threat goes a long way with little ones."
    He smiled slightly but I knew he was still fearful of what just happened. I would be too if I was younger.
    "So, how's Angel? And who's that winged Dratini beside you?

<Orion's POV>

I walked over to who looked like Radek's brother. He was staring at his brother while also glancing at Lyra.
    "Will he be alright?" he stammered.
    "He'll be fine. Lyra is actually quite nice but she abhors needless violence so she does what she can to dispel it. I'm Orion, by the way."
    "I'm Menos," he replied. "Is she really that good with Ice Beam as she says she is?"
    "I'm not too sure," I replied thoughtfully, "but I've never seen her lie about her attack prowess so I don't see why she would embellish it."

T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

[color=red]Might as well give the complete list...

Trey

"A Squirtle, Grimer, Machop, Voltorb, Bagon and Houndour," I replied. "My first two are around here somewhere, while the other four aren't with me right now.Six is enough for me, right now. I wouldn't want to bite off more than I can chew." She nodded, looking a little thoughtful, and I wondered if I had upset her. Maybe I had unknowingly reminded her of her old team? I mentally cursed myself for my rudeness.

Help? Did I need any, really? I knew where to go for training: the Dragon Tamers. Sure, getting in would be a little harder but... I could handle that, couldn't I? Hmm. It was something to consider.

"Well, I just have to train them now," I said reluctantly. "I don't know their feelings on it, but I will very soon."

Cooler

"Me," said the Dratini boldly, staring me in the eye. Growling, I moved in front of the Vaporeon and Dratini that had saved me, staring him down. He seemed proud of himself for his little trick, and it made me furious.

"What are you gonna do about it?" he said with a cocky grin, and promptly spat another ray of Ice Beam into the water, freezing a good portion of it solid. At that point, I was so mad I couldn't care if I got frozen into a perfect Squirtle popsicle. No way was I going to be bullied by a sea snake with a specialty skill. Besides, I had the perfect technique to deal with that attack.

Before I could respond, though, two new Pokemon walked up. One was a Cubone, the other was a Wartortle. I didn't recognize either of them, and I figured they had just walked in. The latter sensed the tension in the air, and looked to the Vaporeon behind me.

"Hey Zale, what's up?"

"That Dratini froze the Squirtle for no reason whatsoever," Zale replied.

"Yeah," I added angrily, "I was sleeping and when I awoke, I was covered in ice. I didn't even do anything to him!"

"So?" The Dratini retorted. "It was just a joke. I just wanted to try my Ice Beam out and he was the lucky target. He's so weak he couldn't even break out of the ice!" Too weak. Small fry. Rip him to shreds. These words reverberated in my head, causing my blood to boil. This is what one had to deal with? On the first day out of the adoption center, look at all that had happened!

I began to move forward, my mind focused on hurting the Dratini anyway I could, and forget what happened to me. But the Wartortle had frozen the dragon in one quick movement, encasing his lower body in much thicker ice. The Dratini, Radek, struggled, but to no avail. The Wartortle seized his chin.

"I don't care who you are or how powerful your attacks may be. Assaulting another Pokemon just for fun and games does not bode well with anyone here, especially with me and my teammates. I don't like to threaten other Pokemon but if I see you attack that Squirtle or someone else, I will come back to deal with you. And don't you even dare coming after me because I'm more proficient with Ice Beam than you could ever care to learn."

It was all said in calm, carefully controlled voice, and when she was done, her friend the Cubone released him with a flame attack. The Dratini muttered something in a sullen tone but did nothing. The Wartortle ignored him, speaking to the Vaporeon behind me, but I didn't hear it.

A burning feeling of shame filled my body, rising from my toes to the top of my head. I knew the reason.That was twice I had been bullied, twice I had been unable to take care of myself, and twice I had needed to be rescued. All because of my weakness. I turned around, avoiding the Dratini's eyes, and set off at a walk back towards the house. I had been thoroughly embarrassed enough for one day.It was time to leave.

Pride was part of it, I know. Nobody likes to lose control of a situation. But I could have had control. If I had been stronger, more capable... It was infuriating!

I made a silent promise to myself. I will not return here until I am strong enough to take care of myself. I will seek strength so that this will never happen again.

[COLOR=red]Adoptees

ASBRPG Card

Advanced Trainer

Darkfire -

I nodded in understanding. I had had too many Pokemon to train, but now I had just a small enough of a group that I could train each of them individually like they deserved. His team sounded very unique and made me think of my own Pokemon. I needed to buy them some attacks to help them in battle. Just then I saw a Squirtle storm inside of the House. He looked very upset and I figured he was Trey's Pokemon. af ew minutes later Radek came inside and began to rant at Drystan in the training fcorner before blowing a few targets over with angry Ice Beams.

"Uh-oh, Radek got into trouble... again." I groaned. Radek only got angry when he got scolded. drystan stepped back as Radek Critical Hitted a punching bag, freezing it solid before he laid down and panted, soaked in sweat. I wondered where Menos was, he usually followed his twin around to keep him out of this kind of trouble.

I nodded at the Cubone's reply. Radek soon left in a foul temper. If anyone had a temper it was my brother. "For twins, we sure are different," I sighed and took flight. after a few minutes I began to surf on the thremals sweeping up the side of the Eevee House and thought. Radek would be in no mood to talk, and half of the house must be frozen if Darkfire hadn't called him off. I recalled out father and the temper he had. Then I wondered if I took after our mother.

A few minutes later I glided back into the House through the window and landed on Darkifre's shoulders and noted the surprised look on the face of a human male she had been talking to. I purred a greeting at him and wrapped myself around Darkfire's neck, watching my brother form afar.

Radek -

I was exhausted. That was the best continuation of Ice Beams I had ever achieved, but I wasn't proud of it. I hated that smart aleck Wartortle, thinking she could boss me around. I might be young, but I had potential for greatness. I knew my brother was watching me soon after I had finished. I always knew when he was near. I would get stronger, I decided. I would get stronger and beat them all. then they wouldn't be able to be my boss.

A short huff followed my decision and Drystan sighed.
    "I might not have known you for long," the bagon declared, "But I know that look in your eye. Don't do anything foolish."

"I won't," I grumbled and closed my eyes. No one can tell me who I can and can't practice my Ice Beam on. It had only been a joke!

Adopted Pokemon . ASB

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

-Groove Guy the Sudowoodo-

I grinned at the Grimer. "Thanks for your help! I would've been a dead man..." I glanced down at the acid-bitten floor and blanched. "Urk... Well, look, I gotta fly before anyone ties this to me." I glanced back at the Grimer, gave him a quick thumbs-up, and waved before dashing away down a different hallway, where the floor was relatively unscathed.

-Kiva the Vaporeon-

"Hi, Colby!" I said, grinning. Even though I normally felt awkward in social situations, that feeling tended to vanish around those I felt comfortable with, like Anzu, or the Vaporeon swimming in front of me. "Life is good. I mean, the Blades have been dealt with... and now we just have time to kick back and relax." I frowned. "Although Jeff still hasn't had time to train me and Anzu... Ah well, such is life. I'm sure we'll get a chance to battle soon." I did a small flip in the water and stretched out on my back. "So, how's life for you?"

-Booster the Shedinja-

Shadow Ball hits target. Target falls. Grovyle smiles. I smile back.

Silver Wind. Silver Wind used for moving around. Move to hallway. See Grimer.

I can sense... I can sense that they know someone I know. Blue turtle. The one with Righello.

Righello. Unruly. Vicious. A threat.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Trey

"I wonder what's up with Cooler?" I said aloud. Excusing myself, I walked over to the turtle, who was sitting in a corner,his eyes sullen. Troit had shown up and attempted to be trying to discover the reason for Cooler's bad mood, but seemed to be getting nowhere. I crouched in front of Cooler again, knowing I couldn't understand his speech but determined to try.

The Squirtle was staring at the floor, his eyes angry and his mouth twisted into a scowl. I put a hand on his shoulder, and he reluctantly met my eyes. There was anger there... but also sadness, feelings no Pokemon like Cooler should ever have to feel. I wondered, not for the first time, what had happened outside.

"What's wrong, buddy?"

The Squirtle opened his mouth, and to my surprise, I understood his words.

Troit

After leaving the Sudowoodo behind, I resumed the search for my trainer. But instead of finding Trey, I saw Cooler walk into the house in a huff, obviously upset. The Squirtle marched over to a corner and sat down without a word to anyone, resolutely glaring at the ceiling. Rarely had I seen him angry, usually his demeanor was almost stubbornly cheerful. Whatever caused his smile to disappear must be important indeed.

"What's going on, Cooler?"

"Nothing," he muttered, refusing to look at me. "Lea'me alone."

Now I was convinced something was the matter. Perturbed, I prodded again. "C'mon Cooler... what happened outside."

"I don't wanna talk about it, Troit! Get off it, alright!?" Cooler shouted. Several humans glanced at us quizzically, having heard nothing but "Squirtle squir uirl tle squir! Squirtle!" With that outburst, Cooler looked at the floor.

It was at that moment that Trey came up, crouching next to us. He seemed to sense that something was wrong just by Cooler's body language, and placed a hand on his shell. At first, Cooler stiffened, refusing to respond to that one simple touch. After what felt like an eternity though, he looked up, meeting Trey's eyes.

"I'd like to leave now, if it's ok with you. I won't be coming back here for a while."

Trey's eyes searched his. "Why?"

Cooler looked at the floor again. "...When I'm ready to, I'll let you know, ok? But right now.. I don't want to go into it.It's a little personal."

I was burning with curiosity, and was ready to interrogate Cooler a little more. However, Trey must have been satisfied with Cooler's answer, because he only nodded curtly and headed towards the exit. He waved goodbye to a human woman with a winged Darting around her neck. The sight of that puzzled me- whoever heard of a Dratini with wings? Would they stay there even after evolution?- but Cooler's eyes seemed to narrow, and he looked ahead.

We left the Eevee House behind us. It wouldn't be until later that I realized that Trey had, for the first time, understood Pokemonese.

I'll post again soon. But you won't see Cooler here until much later. Instead, I'll introduce some other characters.

Later.
    [COLOR=red]Adoptees

ASBRPG Card

Since this is my first time posting in here forgive if my first person rp sucks I’m not really good at it…

Kiara-
    Walking slowly into the Eevee house, I stopped and glanced around. Seeing trainers I did not recognize by far. Watching both of my Ponyta carefully since she hadn’t been in her ball in about two hours. On top of my head was my other pokemon Aron, Greed. I sighed and walked over towards a table, placing my bag onto the table. I looked over at my Ponyta who was looking over at some Dratini. I assumed they were twins, but not identical. I chuckled a bit as I took out some berries and started to feed my Aron, Greed. My eyes closing slowly.

Envy-
    At first I didn’t see anyone really in this place of which my trainer brought me, but I had to cop with it. So, I watched her for a moment as she sat then my attention turned to two Dratini’s, they looked like twins. They most likely were. As my eyes glanced around the room more, my nose picked up something. Knowing my trainer, she was feeding that blasted Greed, yet again. Why couldn’t I be the spoiled one in her part? I growled to myself when I seen the little pokemon stick his tongue out at me.

Greed-
    Happily sitting up top of my trainers head I looked around the new place, my curiosity got almost the best of me, once my trainer sat down, I hopped down and sat on the table next to her bag, hoping I would get fed, again. I smiled happily and ate what my trainer gave me. My favorite kind of berries might I add… Then my eyes glanced over at the jealous Ponyta watching me. I chuckled a bit and stuck my tongue out at her.

Aerith the Ponyta's POV

I looked around timidly at the eevee house, my master Arina had been told about it by her friend Darkfire. Arina put on a smile and looked at me and Collette her Bagon, "I'm sure this'll be a great way to meet everyone," she said, rubbing both my and Collette's heads gently, with that we went inside.

Arina looked around and immediatly recognized Darkfire and walked towards her. I followed, sticking close to her while Collette decided to explore a bit.

Collette the Bagon's POV

I watched as Aerith followed our trainer, shaking my head. That ponyta was shy and a coward, I however was curious and brave. I wondered around, but decided it would be best to stay so Arina would see me. Finally I noticed another Ponyta and decided to see how it compared to Aerith.

Advanced Trainer

Darkfire -

I waved good bye to Trey as he left to see his Pokemon. Then I looked at Menos. "What happened?"

"Well," he began, but stopped. I soon saw why, a girl was coming over to me. A smile split my face as I recognized my old friend from America, Arina. I went over to her and saw a shy Ponyta hiding behind her.

"Arina, long time no see!" I shook her hand, unable to hug her due to the Dratini wrapped around my neck. "It's been what? A year? You look great!"

I watched Darkfire greet the stranger happily and sighed. She didn't take things very seriously. Athough I also knew that she wouldn't be able to help or counsil Radek anymore than I could. While Darkfire was talking to the human girl, I slid off of her shoulders and glided down until I was in front of hte Ponyta. She balked, her eyes wide. Not many Pokemon or people knew about winged Dratinis. I offered her a small smile.

"Hello, I'm Menos. Pleased to meet you."

Adopted Pokemon . ASB

Arina's POV

I smiled at Darkfire, "Hey Darkfire, you look great also! It's been too long." I watched as the winged Dratina flew from her shoulders to Aerith with a raised eyebrow, "Why am I not suprised that you have on of the rarest type of pokemon?" My eyes were dancing as I looked back at her, "Ah well, at least it's a good trainer who owns him."

Aerith's POV

"I..I'm Aerith..." I replied meekly to the Wnged Dratini, Menos. I backed away shyly and hid behind Arina. She gently rubbed my head and I continued to watch the Dratini nervously, glad that Collette was off and not mocking me for being such a coward.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay, back.

Trey

It had been a few days since my last time at the Eevee House. I couldn't call myself an expert yet, but I did see a few new faces among the mix. I took what was quickly becoming my usual spot, a seat near the window, and pulled out three Pokeballs. Three of the newest members of my team, all adopted. I released them one by one.

First was my Voltorb, who I named Deo. It hadn't been long before I discovered what a short fuse he had; nearly anything could anger him. Yet, for all his temper, he never held a grudge, and was quick to forget a slight. I had no idea how he would behave in battle...

Next was Zake,a young Machop. He was way more level-headed than Deo, and though he trained constantly, he also had a habit of taking long, impromptu naps. He, along with Troit, was turning out to be somewhat of a peacekeeper on my team, which made my job much more easier. There's no telling how loud my house would be without the team of them.

Last was Destai, a Houndour pup adopted along with Deo. Houndour speak in yips and barks among their pack, that only they can understand. Sadly, the only one Destai considered to be part of his pack was Deo. Though he would occasionally bark at others, only Deo could translate for him. This wasn't easy, as Deo was impatient, and didn't appreciate being used like that.

The three looked around slowly, unused to the surroundings. From a quiet Pokeball to a room full of sounds and noise: it must have been something to adjust to.

"This is the Eevee house, guys. You know, where Cooler and Troit went to?Maybe they told you about it."

"Yeah, I think Troit might've mentioned it once or twice," Zake said cooly, regarding his surroundings. After a few moments of this, he turned away from me and went out the backdoor. "I'm gonna take a nap. Wake me when it's time to leave."

Not quite the reaction I expected, I thought. But, Zake was Zake. No doubt he would explore later.

Destai barked at me once, then trotted off on his own as well, sniffing the ground curiously every few steps.

"I guess that means he's going to go on his own for a while." I looked down at Deo, who was the only one left. He glared up at me with his eyes, even though I sensed he was feeling curious rather than angry. "Deo, could you...?"

"Keep an eye on 'im?" he growled, rolling his eyes. "Sure, fine. I'll make like the Poke-sitter again and watch the mutt." Ignoring me, he rolled off after the Houndour, and woe to anyone in his way. As he departed, I could still hear his grumbling. "Blasted hound, can't even walk five steps without taking a sniff... Don't know why he'd wanna, with the stink in this joint..."

I sat down on the chair again, reclining into a more comfortable position. Hopefully, they would all be okay.
    [COLOR=red]Adoptees

ASBRPG Card

Advanced Trainer

Darkfire -

"Actually, I own two. His brother, Radek, is over there, passed out after freezing some targets." I replied and pointed him out. "And Drystan, the Bagon next to him, is mine as well." I smiled at Jazz. "So, it's been a year since I last saw you. How have things been going for you?"

"Pleased to meet you, Aerith. Don't be shy, I won't hurt you," I replied, trying to look kind. I didn't know how much it worked. Darkfire knelt down and gave me a scartch between my ears, so I doubted I had done more than look cute. I sighed, what a life.

Adopted Pokemon . ASB

Arina's PoV

"Well enough, I just got here a few days ago." I admitted, scratching the back pof my head, "And my pokemon are like opposite. Collette, my own Bagon, is brave and curious...and Aerith, my ponyta," I kneeled down and stroked her head affectionatly, "Is shyer than you would believe." I sighed softly, "Ah well, she's getting better. She used to not come anywhere near me."

Aerith's PoV

I whimpered slightly and continued to hide behind Arina's leg. Why would the Dratini be nice to me? It was a dragon pokemon...and a rare one at that. I noticed how happy Jazz looked talking to her old friend and didn't want to make her leave. I mentally sighed...maybe I should at least try for her.

Advanced Trainer

Darkfire -

"Awe, that's good. I'm hoping to get a Ponyta soon." I grinned at Aerith. "Hello pretty girl. Don't worry, Menos and I don't bite." I assured her before turning back to Jazz. "Hey, maybe we could try a battle some time. There's a Battle Tower over in Sector Alpha and I have a few Pokemon that need experience like Drystan. He wants to evolve terribly. So, are you up to it?"

"Like Darkfire said, I don't bite. It's a bit lonely in here. My brother and Drystan only want to train. And I'm a bit shy myself around strangers. Let's be friends." I said and offered another smile.

Adopted Pokemon . ASB