Kyle's POV

As was usually the case, things had been fairly quiet around the Eevee House. But since my Electabuzz, Dynamo, evolved into an Electivire a while ago with the Electroboost item, I took out my new Magmaboost item from my pack, after having rested here for awhile. As I took out my captured Magmar's Pokeball, I opened it up to reveal my volcano-born Pokemon.

"Archimedes, it's been awhile since you came to me, but like with Dynamo, I have a special gift for you that will bestow evolution upon you. I'd like to present you with this Magmaboost item." I said, as I put the item in front of my Magmar.

"This thing? How helpful will it be when I evolve?" Archimedes asked, eyeing the mysterious evolution item cautiously.

"I've read that your evolved form can learn Thunderbolt- a great move to help you defend yourself against Water types, but at the moment, I'll have to save up for the TM." I said.

"That is very interesting. If this TM will really help me in battle against Water types, I'm up for it. But are you absolutely sure I need to evolve before this TM is compatible?"

"Yes. If you stay as a Magmar, Archimedes, you cannot learn Thunderbolt. But now that I know you want this TM someday, the Magmaboost I have here is the first step." I said.

As I saw the grin on my Magmar's face, I watched as he picked up the Magmaboost. A few seconds later, both he and the Magmaboost began to glow white, and as the Magmaboost slowly faded away, I watched as Archimedes became taller, his two hands gaining what looked like cannons on them. About a couple of seconds later, the glowing stopped, and Archimedes, no longer a Magmar, was now a proud Magmortar.

"So when will I get this TM?" Archimedes asked, as he took the time to get used to his new form.

"I'll get it someday, Archimedes, I can't make any promises about what day that will be, but it could be a few weeks from now. I'll let you know when I get the TM." I said.

"Thanks, I can wait." Archimedes said, flashing a grin.

"That's good. I guess for now, I'll let you back into your Pokeball." I said, as I recalled my new Magmortar back into his ball.