Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Games

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Free Games

I think it would be best to minimize the threads about free games by consolidating them into one thread (we've already had 3-4 threads about gunbound).

These are all free games available for download:

Gunbound
    This has become a very popular game. A Korean version of Worms is the best way to describe this game. You, however, only conrol one character and can choose from a variety of vechicles with their weapons.
    Note: You can pay for additional features.

Soldat
    Soldat is a 2D shooter, offering a gameplay mix of Worms, Counterstrike, and old-school shooters ike Contra.
    Note: You can register (costs a small fee) for additional features.

Survival Project
    I have yet to play this. You can ask Cyndaquil about it in his thread.

Puzzle Pirates
    Haven't had much experience with this game, but it involves playing several puzzle games to accomplish various activities (sword fight, find treasure, etc.) and goals. It also takes place in a persistent world, making it an odd cross between a MMORPG and a Puzzler. And it's got pirates.

Fairyland
    This seems to be a MMORPG, but I have yet to play it.

Shattered Galaxy
    A Massively Multiplayer Real Time Strategy Game. It looks like you can level up your abilities and units as you progress. You can engage in PvP battles or just tackle computer opponents.
    Note: You can pay for bonus features such as extra exp.

America's Army
    Regardless of recent events, the United States is still proving to be the coolest government on the block by making its own video game. This is a basic FPS in the mold of the US Army.
    Warning: Though free, this is obviously a recruitment tool. So don't be surprised if certain aspects of the USA are in a very positive light.

Tribes 1 & 2
    These two games are legendary in the FPS genre, and the company has recently released both for free.

Banned

Default Re: Free Games

Originally posted by Raz
    Fairyland
    Warning: This looks like a beta, not a free game. I also thought I saw something about paying to play on the site. I'll remove this from the list if either proves true.
    Well, my friend plays it, but I also did saw that it is a beta, but I don't know if it works or no, cuz yesterday, I downloaded to 90% and my computer froze xP

Link to the free registration to play this FairyLand

Edit: btw, I have problems playing that Survival Project. And all my friend doesn't have problems at all! xP ... Let me know if you have trouble playing past channel 2.

Edit... more info on Survival Project:
    Basically, it is like a Zelda game that is multiplayer. xD

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Free Games

Survival Project has one of the worst control schemes I have ever seen.

What could have been a nice Diablo clone is instead a clunker. Make sure you have a comfy place to rest your arms with this game.

Banned

Default Free Games

I just finished downloading that fricken FairyLand. It took me 45 minutes on my cable.

WARNING... if you use 56 K, I recommend not to download it, because it is 512 MB ... which is 5 times the size of Gunbound!! xD

Erm.. I'll install it tomorrow. I'm tired now, and I have to go to bed. --;

Banned

Default Free Games

Don't bother, Cynda.

It constantly, and randomly, takes off the cursor box, making it frustrating to move(since you'll simply walk straight to any spot your mouse goes if the cursor box is gone...). The weapon I equipped seemed to LOWER my damage. If it DOES explain how to use Items in battle and learn skills, I didn't see it. The "Pet" doesn't do much but attack for minor damage, and the click/hit detection is horrible when you're trying to talk or open a treasure chest. Not at all worth paying right now.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Free Games

Soldat is very cool. I may run a server for it this weekend.

Give it a shot. Jetpacks make the game so much fun.

Banned

Default Free Games

Originally posted by Raz
    Survival Project has one of the worst control schemes I have ever seen.
    Yes, I agree ... I was wondering if you had any troubles playing with anyone ... anyone at all? I have this bug, I don't know why ...

Everytime someone joins a game , or I join with some one in it, my computer freeze.

Originally posted by Raz
    Soldat is very cool. I may run a server for it this weekend.

Give it a shot. Jetpacks make the game so much fun.
    The problem is ... I don't have a credit card. :x

Originally posted by The Muffin Man
    Don't bother, Cynda.

It constantly, and randomly, takes off the cursor box, making it frustrating to move(since you'll simply walk straight to any spot your mouse goes if the cursor box is gone...). The weapon I equipped seemed to LOWER my damage. If it DOES explain how to use Items in battle and learn skills, I didn't see it. The "Pet" doesn't do much but attack for minor damage, and the click/hit detection is horrible when you're trying to talk or open a treasure chest. Not at all worth paying right now.
    I think its pretty cool actually... as I just started my tutorial just now ...

It feels like ... diablo 2 for some reason. (I'm used to that kind of movement)

... I haven't fought with anything yet though ... xD

I've tested it and it doesn't require any money, and sheesh... I guess 0.5 GBs is quite not a beta. o_0;

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Free Games

Registering for Soldat is optional...

Banned

Default Free Games

Originally posted by The Muffin Man
    Don't bother, Cynda.

Hey TMM, how do you make the pet grow out of the egg? xD

I just can't...

Well, about your damage issues, well, its okay I guess if just started. I guess its kind of expected. Just start a job and get working and they'll pay you money. Then you just go to the weapons shop and buy better weapons.

EDIT: never mind... stupid me. x_X;

Why is my pet a slug? o_0;

... Blah, I just got my @$$ kicked. ;_;

Originally posted by Raz
    Fairyland
    Warning: This looks like a beta, not a free game. I also thought I saw something about paying to play on the site. I'll remove this from the list if either proves true.
    proved by me, it isn't a beta. ... It's HUGE. xD

Well, this seems to become my personal diary in FairyLand. ... xD

Account: Cyndaquil
    I'm currently at level 7 Elf (guy) (nickname: Elendil), and have a slimey pet, named Pokemon.

And I have an average damage of 40-50. Oh ya, I'm an apprentice mage thing. xD

N.B. Anyone want to join as a group? xD

Today, in my personal diary, for the first time, someone joins with me as a group... and it was kinda of cool 8)

I hate to do this, but I'm going to restart building my character, because ... I now read a thread on how to build powerful characters. xD

Blah, now I restarted and I am now level 9 apprentice diviner and I am going to be a fire mage. :3

Banned

Default Free Games

Priston Tales recently became free again. It's a fun MMORPG if you are the type of person that likes Diablo.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Free Games

Okay, listen up.

Sometime this week I'll be setting up a Soldat server. It'll probably be up for about an hour (I have a 650MB upload limit imposed by my school) or so.

I live in the strict rule of the Eastern Standard Time Zone, so tell me what time is good for you all. Chances are it'll be 10pm or 11pm.

Banned

Default Free Games

I think Fairyland is best game of all of them. =P

... and I wrote a weird looking guild for it in another forum, so I'll just copy and paste it here...

===================

It's like this: You first create a character ... It can be male or female. It has two kind of looks. You can change the hair color, suit color, or skin color.

The character can be either human, elf, or dwarf. Once to make this placement it is permanent.

So you start off in this Fairyschool, where you learn how to play. After you complete that, you get to choose a class, which may or may not be permanent, (until you choose a subclass). You also get a newbie sword, armor, and a PET.

You hatch the pet from the egg, and you can buy more capsules (aka. pokéballs, but they aren't named pokéballs) to capture more and powerful pets. The pets have skills on their own and their own element. The more you are with your pet, its intimacy or friendship with you grows. As it grows, you can fuse your pet with your weapon, armor, magic, body in order to enhance your abilities.

The classes include: Apprentice Journeyman, Apprentice Soldier, Apprentice Diviner.

As the name implies, Apprentice Journeyman can use journeyman skills.
    Once you leveled it up to level 10, it divides into few sub-categories: That is, Martial Artist, Beastmaster, and Trader.

Martial Artist as the name implies, uses kung fu skills.
    Beastmaster greatly enhance your ability to capture very ultra strong pets, such as Gem Crawler (the best pet in the game)
    Trader enhance your ability to sell items, and makes you more money.

Secondly, Once a Apprentice Soldier reaches level 10, it divides again into few sub-classes: Bladesman, Swordsman, and Axeman.
    What do they do, ... just look at the name...

Finally, Apprentice Diviner reaches level 10, it divides into not 3, but 4 sub-classes: Priest, Mage, Acolyte of Light, and Acolyte of Dark.
    Priest can use mostly helping spells, and healing spells
    Mage can use ultra strong offensive spells
    Acolyte of Light can use holy spells and healing spells.
    Acolyte of Dark can only use dark spells and poisonous, side effect spells.

If you are a Diviner, you can choose to believe in a god, where you can gain spells of that god. There are 7 god temples in Fairyland, and 7 different and unique elements, each has super effective and not so effective over one and another.
    - Golden (a.k.a. Metal)
    - Wooden
    - Water
    - Fire
    - Earth
    - Light
    - Dark

So you just go out, and complete quests to gain experience, money, and reputation.

It's not complete, or it'll take many many pages to write it all out...
    Um ... Copyright: Cyndaquil xD

Default Free Games

HOLY **** THIS LOOKS GOOD.

i was looking around for a free MMORPG when i found THIS. it looks good and its FREE. i havent downloaded yet will soon. It looks like a free everquest.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Free Games

This has been out for a while, but they're up to Alpha v0.3, and the game seems to have few, if any, bugs.

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/index.html

"The Ur-Quan Masters" is basically the 3DO version of Star Control II. If you like space exploration-type games, you should definately check this out.
    "If you vote, you can't complain."

Default Free Games

I tried playing that fairyland game but every time I was log on and chose what server I wanted to play on my game would freeze. If anyone else has played this game did you have similar problems.
    CHOMP~

Banned

Default Free Games

Originally posted by PNT510
    I tried playing that fairyland game but every time I was log on and chose what server I wanted to play on my game would freeze. If anyone else has played this game did you have similar problems.
    Redownload the game. (yes, I know its frustrating)

I had the exact same problem when I played Survival Project. When someone logs on, I freeze. ... Then I removed all files of Survival Project, and I did a re-download of it, then I don't get a freeze anymore.

btw, if you are online, contact me:
    Cyndaquil - Mage
    Scyther - Soldier
    Togetic - beastmaster

Edit: ...
    Originally posted by SWAMPERT1
    HOLY **** THIS LOOKS GOOD.

i was looking around for a free MMORPG when i found THIS. it looks good and its FREE. i havent downloaded yet will soon. It looks like a free everquest.

Holy friken shyt ... are you kidding me? 90 GBs?? xD Nah, the 50GBs from fairyland took me quite a time to download.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Free Games

Those are quite the games if they take 50 gigabytes of space...

Default Free Games

alright I'll try the uninstalling thing. And Fairyland is 500MB not 50GB, and the other game is 90MB. its not worth it at all, you cant do anything.

Edit: I got the game working, not by uninstalling it, but by holding enter when I logged in a chose what server I wanted to play on.
    CHOMP~

Banned

Default Free Games

alright I'll try the uninstalling thing. And Fairyland is 500MB not 50GB, and the other game is 90MB. its not worth it at all, you cant do anything.

Edit: I got the game working, not by uninstalling it, but by holding enter when I logged in a chose what server I wanted to play on.

Gah, I knew I posted something wrong yesterday ...

90gb, doesn't make sense, and due to my lack of computer knowledge. >_<

btw, I think Fairyland is down right now, because they are patching up the game to next version. (I think they are going to finish up the Blue Kitty Maze (quest) and fix that darn 'Transfer Hitpoints' bug.

Default Free Games

Now that I have gotten a chance to play the game some I must say it's pretty cool. I like the turn based combat system it's not something I've seen in a MMORPG before. My only complaint so far is I get D/Ced every few minutes or so.
    CHOMP~

Craig

Default Free Games

Knight Online
    Seems like a pretty good free game, well... its open beta right now, so it won't stay free for long

This game is fun, its one of the better free games on the market! If you play go on the Cypher server

Banned

Default Free Games

Raz isn't editing the post. --;

Tibia
    I haven't played this yet. But it is a medium sized online RPG.
    In other words, you can pay for new features I think ...

Me fighting in fairyland. :3

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Free Games

Originally posted by Cyndaquil
    Raz isn't editing the post...
    I will when I have some time to test out the games. I'm also not putting up games that are in beta. To get on the list, they must be free for at least some time in the future.

Banned

Default Free Games

Originally posted by Cyndaquil
    Raz isn't editing the post. --;

Tibia
    I haven't played this yet. But it is a medium sized online RPG.
    In other words, you can pay for new features I think ...
    Bah. Don't bother...Tibia is a horrible game. It's nearly impossible to buy anything, and no site(not even the official site) really explains anything. Not even combat...

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Free Games

Bad or not, if it's free I'll post it. The thread is "Free Games," not "Good Free Games."

Of course, if the game truly is piece of crap, I won't it. But I have to try it out first.

EDIT: Stickied...just to reduce threads like this. If you want to discuss these games, do it here.

Default Free Games

I think you should put free Beta's into the first post to. If the game later becomes a pay game then it should be taken out..
    CHOMP~

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Free Games

I think you should put free Beta's into the first post to. If the game later becomes a pay game then it should be taken out..
    I don't want people thinking betas are just for a bit of free fun. Developers expect feedback and a degree of commitment with betas.

I'll put them up, but with that caveat.

Banned

Default Free Games

Priston Tales

I don't know about this, a friend told me about it... I'm using a school computer right now, and it's too slow to load the website, so I can't say anything about it now...

Banned

Default Free Games

FreeDooM

This is a project to create a completely free Doom IWAD. Combined with the GPLed Doom Source, this will result in a completely free (as in soda and speech) game.

You'll need a Boom-compatible source port (such as ZDooM, which you can get here ) in order to play the FreeDooM IWAD, which you can download HERE

During the game, you'll often hear blips and encounter some "FreeDooM Graphic Not Yet Done" sprites.

Ignore them, as free replacements have not yet been found for all the material in FreeDoom. Some of the material in the IWAD are "dummy" material to fill the gap until a replacement is found.

BECAUSE MAP03 IS IN DEVELOPMENT, THAT LEVEL HAS NO EXITS. After you get through MAP02, type IDCLEV04 to warp straight to MAP04

Banned

Default Free Games

Eek! *goes blind at the graphics* x_x

*faints*

Repost:

Runescape

3d Environment in which you can do various activities... Converse your way through endless time... To fishing and catching Lobsters... Contains TWO versions - F2P and P2P (One Pay Version the Other Free). ALSO Currently runescape has issued RUNESCAPE 2 BETA in which the environment is FULLY 3d. Great fun especially with friends... Gain levels by either training with NPC's or... Killing other Players onilne

===========================================
    Rivaled Fate

Still in its beta stage unfortunately (Only a couple of days ago a CHARACTER WIPE occured... Geez... Poor geezers who put like... 1 month playin lol), TEXT based MMORPG. Gain Levels... Kill other players... fun fun fun.

These games are both MMORPGS and are HIGHLY addictive once you've started to get the hang of it.

I quoted this from another forum ... so yeah... all I can say is 'poor graphics' :x

Street Fight Online
    - It doesn't say much, but I'll check it when I get home.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Free Games

America's Army

Offiicial game to the American Army, kick ass fps. Requires training for things, so people may not be arsed to go ahead. Account must be made. 650mb download or if in US you can mail order a disk or goto recruiting station.

Legend of Mir
    Legend of Mir, mmorpg. You have to pay for it after level 20 unless you find a private server so you can get better items more exp higher levels and not pay (better then official although not as many people)

I would go into more depth, but its 5:20a.m.
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Free Games

Tribes 1 and 2 are going to be free to download starting May 4th.
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/505/505560p1.html

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Free Games

Quote Originally Posted by kurai's servant
    Tribes 1 and 2 are going to be free to download starting May 4th.
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/505/505560p1.html
    That deserves it own thread. Good man.

Default Free Games

That is really good news. More free LEGAL games...w00t

Banned

Default Free Games

Meh, last time I checked, there were a lot of free demos out there (Unreal Tournament 2004 and Quake III Arena being two that I have downloaded, but I know a hell of a lot more exist), and people definitely still play them. I'm sometimes on as DeusXIII in both games, so if you see me, feel free to say hi.

Also, I don't know if you can play online, but I know there's a Halo demo out there. However, it didn't work on my system*, so check the specs.

*AthlonXP 2000+, cheap-ass integrated graphics card (S3 SavageProDDR or something), 480MB RAM (32MB shared w/video)

EDIT: Oh! Oh! I have something else to contribute!

A friend just told me about FlashFlashRevolution, which is a Flash version of DDR. It's spicy!

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Free Games

Main list is updated. I'll add some more later.

Default Free Games

Does Anyone Else play Survival Project? My name is Redosiris1. Whats yours. I would like to know whos playing.

Banned

Default Runescape

I don't think I saw it on there, so I was wondering if any of you guys play Runescape. It's another massively online game. You can do various things it. You can fight monsters, mine for minerals, do quests, and other things. I'm playing it as I type. If anyone's interested my screen name is Brianbelmont. I'm still pretty new to the game, but I've got some extra equipment I could give you.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Free Games

Why hasn't anyone suggested Ragnarok?

The private server of which most TPMers, such as tron, kurai, dracox, bakahams7er, woz, myself and others play on is sRO (http://www.spyderlake.com). It's a fairly small server (compared to others and the main iRO server), averaging about 150 online at a time. You wouldn't want more, would you? It's free obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here.

Ragnarok is the best MMORPG I've played, not to mention extremely popular and has very nice reviews.

In order to download you need BitTorrent, and simply click here (http://crapfest.org:6969/download.ph...erlake.torrent) to begin your sRO experience! Just a pre-warning, this will take a while to fully download (especially on a 56k), but very worth it. :lemon:

This server has:

4x experience than normal iRO
    4x job experience than normal iRO
    4x monster drops than normal iRO
    and the mob rate is at 120% of normal.

There are many help sites for Ragnarok, so if you need assistance some good sources are:

- http://www.emperium.org/
    - http://www.ragnamart.tk/
    - http://www.roempire.org/
    - and good old http://www.gamefaqs.com/ for information on jobs, etc.

General information about RO can be found by googling.

To play you need an account by registering at http://www.spyderlake.com (go to Registration and Server Information). The forums are usually a nice source of information, and has help info there on installation. Need any more help then feel free to ask here. I think I've covered mostly everything.

play you bastards. :lemon:

Default Free Games

Quote Originally Posted by SWAMPERT1
    Does Anyone Else play Survival Project? My name is Redosiris1. Whats yours. I would like to know whos playing.
    At one time, a long time ago, I had played. I would still be playing, but my SP client crapped out on me >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Why hasn't anyone suggested Ragnarok?
    Yeah > Evilness. Of course, if you play on Gravity's servers, its not free, of course. But there are a multitude of private servers (not to mention you could start one of your very own, hehe ).

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM