Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Pokemon Hangman v.27 (M.A.)

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Game: Pokemon Hangman v.27 (M.A.)

Pokémon Hangman v.27

Little_Pikachu approved

Game Founder / Rules Creator and Editor: Jay
    Hosts: DarkPrince the Dark Knight, Hexae, Cyndaquil

I’m sure we’ve all played hangman when you’re bored, or at least heard of it. Pokemon Hangman was first created by Mist who is associated with the Charmander Central Club in giving out "plushies" as prizes for people who guessed correctly. People began big collections of these "plushies" when this game was first introduced to PCG, and I hope that people will extend their big collections, or even start them, today.

Rules
    Newest rules in Crimson

The rules of Hangman are fairly straight-forward. If you don’t know them, then watch a few people post and we're sure you’ll get the hang of it. *sigh*

But we do have specific rules that we need to follow to make the game slightly trickier. You may only post a maximum of THREE single letter guesses per person before you must guess the name of the Pokemon. This rule is subject to change. But for now it’s THREE and only THREE single letter guesses per person, per round. This shouldn't be too hard to follow. If you notice someone that has made more than three single letter guesses then you should be smart and tell them so.

When someone guesses the word correctly it is their turn to think of a Pokemon for others to guess. Please make sure you don’t mess up for other people’s sake - Double check to see if a letter is present in the Pokemon’s name you’re doing before you post to avoid mistakes. Also, if it’s your turn, try and pick a Pokemon that hasn’t already been done. You don’t need to always pick evolved forms. The rarity of each plushie should remain the same so we have a nice mix. You may only win a maximum of three plushies per day - This is to prevent a certain group of people called plushie hogs grabbing all the stuff every second turn. If you win three plushies you may still play, however if you win after you've exceded the limit you must either A) Give the plushie to someone else who is less fortunate or B) Do not take the plushie as a prize. Just make sure everyone has a fair go too! This is only in effect for 24 hours after you've received the first of your three plushies for the day.

Legendaries can be won here, but only a worker may give them out. Anyone else may not. If this were possible we'd have legendaries popping up everywhere, and they deserve a rarity. Specialized plushies may also be won here, like a Shiny Claydol, or a Pikachu with a Blue Scarf... the list continues, and only the workers may give them out. You won't know if you've won one of these very rare plushies until you win the plushie.

The only pokemon that aren't allowed to be done by the players here are: Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Jirachi, Deoxys, Groudon, Kyogre, Latios and Latias. All others are fine.

You are allowed a maximum of NINE incorrect guesses before it’s Game Over, not per person, that includes everyone’s incorrect guesses. Usually people guess the name before the nine incorrect guesses so don't worry. If no one guesses the Pokemon correctly by the quota then no one receives a plushie, and one of the two workers must do the next puzzle. You don’t get two turns in a row at it. You may only post one guess until the person posts an update of the current Pokemon.

Try and not be too idle, the workers would like the game to be fast moving. If you guess the Pokemon correctly and then you’re going to be away for 2 weeks then don’t wait until you get back because you’ll most likely forget about the game. Give someone else a turn.

Right now, an incorrect letter is counted as 1 incorrect guess and incorrect Pokemon are also counted as 2 incorrect guesses. This is also subject to change later on to improve/decrease the difficulty, if any of the workers think it's needed.

Absolutely no editting your guess at the name or a letter. If you plan to edit your post and notice a late spelling mistake and want to change it then specify so. Don't use this as an excuse to change your guess because you might have someone who witnessed you with your previous guess. You'll be in big trouble then.

The scores are no longer being updated - if a worker wishes to spare the time to restart the scores and keep track of everyone then they may do so.

The SPAM has become quite excessive here, and the limit is now 5 words. If any one catches you making a guess (whether it is a letter or Pokemon being guessed) that is less than 5 words, you will get a warning from Cyndaquil, Hexae or I. Three warnings, and you will be permanently banned from the game. The workers are exempt from this rule only if they're giving someone a warning.

If you don't want Hangman permanently closed, extend your post's wordcount as much as possible to stop SPAM. Of course, do not create a story out of it. <_<

If it is your turn to post a puzzle, you have 24 hours to post or update the puzzle. In the case of updating, this applies to three situations:

1. When someone makes a letter guess, and it is in (or not in) the puzzle (this also applies to letter guesses in advance).

2. When someone makes a Pokemon guess, and it is wrong/right

3. When so many guesses are made that the man might hang (this also applies to letter guesses in advance as well)

4. When you have yet to post after winning a plushie

If you don't post 24 hours after any situation above, you will lose your turn, and it will be either my turn (or Hexae's turn if I am away, or Cyndaquil's turn if both Hexae and I are away) to post (note: the 24 hour rule doesn't apply to the workers).

If you make an incorrect Pokemon guess by accident, you aren't allowed to delete it and make a new guess before the person whose turn it is updates.

If anyone sees someone posting under 5 words, they should PM/IM me, Hexae or Cyndaquil appropriately addressing the URL to the exact post, or at least the page number, and we will retort to it. Your reward? A plushie of course (which can be any kind of plushie, even a shiny or legendary). Your name will remain confidential to the accuser of this rule, so you're safe.

Plushies

What is a Plushie?

Plushies are soft toys. In this game, if you guess a Pokemon correctly you receive a soft toy of the Pokemon you guessed correctly.

What do I do with a Plushie?

Umm... look at them? They aren't really used for anything, mainly just a fun collecting sort of thing. That's all. Maybe one day they might be used for something, but that's a doubtful possibility. If you have a site it might be wise to put them on there to keep track of what you have. Or keep them on a word document.

I don't like my plushie! Can I trade with someone else?

Yes, you may as long as the other person agrees. If they don't want to trade with you then you should respect that. There are many others that may want to trade. Since this game was created long ago some people may already have a decent amount of plushies they might like to trade. You could try sending a PM/IM to one of them if you would like to trade or ask for a list of their plushies. Most people who play Expedia have plushies, so try trading with one of them, or you could start playing the game to extend your collection a different way.

The plushies that I can trade are:

Nosepass (3, but I am keeping one), Venomoth, Hoppip, Metang, Psyduck, Koffing (2, but I won't necessarily be keeping one of them), Slowbro, Qwilfish, Pineco, Pinsir, Snorlax, Swinub, Gulpin, Oddish, Horsea, Taillow, Electrike (2, but I am keeping one), Ninetales (2, but I am keeping one), Bagon (2, but one is from Expedia (that one is mine) and the other, which can be traded is from Pokemon Hangman), Sunflora (2, but I am keeping one), Steelix (2, but I am keeping one), Miltank (2, but I am keeping one), Castform (2, but I am keeping one), Houndoom (2, but I am keeping one), Charmander (2, but I am keeping one), Tauros (2, but I am keeping one), Whiscash (2, but I am keeping one), Masquerain (2, but I am keeping one), Electabuzz (2, but I am keeping one)

The plushies that Hexae can trade are:

Gorebyss, Crawdaunt

Can I sell my plushies? Or buy one off someone?

No, you may not sell your plushies for CCPs or Stamps.

How many plushies am I allowed to own?

As many as you can win here. Just remember you can only win a maximum of three every day!

Final Words

To avoid this topic being closed yet again, try and think of your own way to make the post a little lengthier. Even if it’s just "I pick the letter A", at least it isn’t a single letter reply, otherwise known as SPAM.

ONLY post the names of Pokemon. No dictionary words! That is if you haven't been bothered to read the rules, which I recommend reading. There are well over 300 Pokemon to choose from so good luck!

If there's something you don't understand then ask Cyndaquil, Hexae or I - We bite but we'll still help Or maybe someone else can help. Have fun! Your hosts - Kyle, Hexae and Cyndaquil

Top Scorers (First 10 Versions)

1. Phantom of Innocence-BF
    2. DarkPrince the Dark Knight (me)
    3. Cyndaquil (Tournament Champion)

The man has been hung a total of twenty-five times
    Hangman makes up approximately 1/5 of the total posts in PCG since last year; considering this game began in very late April

Okay Kelly, you can post now.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Banned

Okay, cool, Kyle.

-------- (8)
    Incorrect Letters:
    Guesses Remaining: 9

May I please guess an A, please?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

OMG, like, I'm playing Hangman. Well, since I'm here, I'll guess an E.

Banned

Lol =o
    Okay..

-e-a---- (8)
    Incorrect Letters:
    Guesses Left: 9

Should be a bit easier now..

Could this Pokemon possibly be Meganium?

Banned

Indeed it is, RJ. xD
    Your go now.

Now I have:

Seedot
    Chimecho
    Mankey
    Meganium

up for trade. PM me to trade please!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)
    Letters Guessed:
    Pokemon Names Guessed:

Banned

I'll take an E, please.

EDIT: heh, figured you'd be the one to warn me, Jay >_>; Probably one of the most important reasons you posted here anyway

I wonder if there is an O here?
    Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll take an E, please.
    Letters don't count as "words". Warned.

I'll take the letter A, thanks guys.

Well, good news is, it's easy, bad news, no O or E

_ A _ A _ _ A (7)
    Guesses Left: 6
    Letters Guessed: E, O
    Pokemon Guessed:

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

It's Kadabra but someone'll beat me.

I wonder if this is Kadabra?

Edit: Drat, I missed out on this one...
    Knight of Time

Originally posted by Cruption
    It's Kadabra but someone'll beat me.
    Correct! *hands over the Kadabra Plushie* Your turn!

Almost there, Kyle.

Banned

I'll guess an E in advance, please.

I think I'll guess the 15th letter of the alphabet aka an O in advance...
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

As my policy I tend not to take advanced guesses. Thanks RJ.

_ _ _ _ [4]

Meh, oh well.

I wonder if this is Abra?
    Knight of Time

I have the four letter Plushie so maybe A?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

- - - - [4]

Incorrect: Abra, A
    Count: 6

Okay...maybe then we'll go with a nice X?

I guess I'll try Seel next.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I guess I'll try Seel next.
    Yep, your go.

*Tosses the plushie and whaps your head* =O

'is beginning to feel dizzy from that bonk'

Thank you Jay... >_>

Next up:

-------
    Knight of Time

I'll start off with my signature A guess.

Pokemon: -------

Incorrect guesses: A

Guesses Left: 8
    Knight of Time

Hm...maybe the letter E is in there somewhere?

Pokemon: -------

Incorrect guesses: A, E

Guesses Left: 7
    Knight of Time

Um...how about the letter O then?

Banned

hopfully there's a T somewhere in there

Pokemon: --o---t

Incorrect guesses: A, E

Knight of Time

Is it the Grass Banna thing Tropius?

Pokemon: --o---t

Incorrect guesses: A, E, Tropius

Guesses Left: 5
    Knight of Time

Hehe...okay, how about the little ice one, Snorunt?

Originally posted by Rambunctious Jamirus
    Hehe...okay, how about the little ice one, Snorunt?
    You got it RJ.

'hands you a Snorunt plushie'

Your turn.
    Knight of Time

Funny how each Plushie I've won, I already have.

To trade: Seedot, Chimecho, Mankey, and Snorunt

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [8]
    Letters Guessed:
    Pokemon Guessed:

Banned

I'll start with an E

I wonder if there is an O here...
    Knight of Time

Bad news is...there's neither

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [8]
    Letters Guessed: E, O
    Pokemon Guessed: