Thread: Die Regeln

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Die Regeln

Welcome to Other Pokemon Games (OPG). Apparently Admin. got really hammered at some point, and I was selected to mod. So I'll be your host until the hangovers are gone.

1. Basic TPM rules apply. This includes spamming, flaming, trolling, etc. I'll warn first-time offenders, so you know what's not the right thing to do.

2. This forum is for the following games: Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Channel, Pokemon Pinball, Pokemon Puzzle League, and Pokemon Colosseum. Not to mention all those little things like the Pokemon Mini, Pocket Pikachu and various other things, including Pokemon Monopoly.

3. Use your head. I don't care what your opinion is, but I do care how you back it up. Empty opinions, unless particularly witty, are frowned upon.

4. We have several other forums dedicated to past generation of Pokemon games. Fire, Leaf, Ruby, Sapphire, Gold, Silver, Red, Blue and the rest have their own forums for discussion. This also isn't the place for other video games. We have forum specially dedicated to non-pokemon video games, so feel free to check that out.

5. No discussion about the whereabouts of ROMs. I'm not going to get all Nazi if you say you have a ROM (Hell, I know I do), but do not post threads asking where to get them or if they are available. And, of course, do not tell people where to get them. This includes patches, emulators, etc.

That should be it. Nothing overly complicated. If you have any problems, PM me. If I am not getting you what you want, or I am being unresponsive, contact the Supermods (listed under Forum Leaders) or the Admin: Little_Pikachu, Chris, and/or Pokemaster Kevin.

Enjoy.

Default Die Regeln

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Welcome to Other Pokemon Games (OPG). Apparently Admin. got really hammered at some point, and I was selected to mod. So I'll be your host until the hangovers are gone.

1. Basic TPM rules apply. This includes spamming, flaming, trolling, etc. I'll warn first-time offenders, so you know what's not the right thing to do.
    Not familiar with the term trolling. Is that like reviving dead topics & such?

2. This forum is for the following games: Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Channel, Pokemon Pinball, Pokemon Puzzle League, Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon Fire Red/Green Leaf.

3. Posting teams for Pokemon Fire Red/Green Leaf is alright as of now, though try not to spam the forum with "RMT" threads. It's best to have general discussions about strategies and tactics. And it never hurts to ask for help every now and then.
    If you ask me, the RMT threads should go in the RS team rating thread, shouldn't they?

6. No discussion about the whereabouts of ROMs. I'm not going to get all Nazi if you say you have a ROM (Hell, I know I do), but do not post threads asking where to get them or if they are available. And, of course, do not tell people where to get them.
    What about Rom patches & such (like hacks, traslation patches, etc)? Technically its useless unless you already have the ROM, so would that count?

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Die Regeln

Trolls are people who post negative and inflammatory things for the sole purpose of getting people angry and starting flame wars. For example, if you go to a Pokémon forum and say POKAMON IS STUPID AND KIDDIE AND IT SUXXORS, that would be trolling.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Die Regeln

Pory is correct about trolling. It is basically a thread that is based on irrational hatred such as "Ur all dum." The troll just wants to get as many posts in the thread as possible, he cares not for what you say. Normally he'll keep the thread alive by enticing you with further flames.

EDIT: Reviving dead threas is called "necroing" or "Forum Necromancy." Like a necromancer, you bring back dead threads with a post. Since this forum isn't the busiest, I will allow moderate necroing, provided the post that does the deed has some actual content and is not thinly veiled ++ery.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Die Regeln

If I could have any less faith in humanity, this forum would make me do it.

IF YOUR QUESTION CAN BE ANSWERED VIA GAMEFAQS OR GAMEWINNERS, DO NOT MAKE A THREAD DEDICATED TO IT. EITHER POST IT IN THE GAME'S GENERAL THREAD, OR GET OFF YOUR ASS AND RESEARCH IT.

HEY, AND WHILE I'M USING ALL CAPS, HOW ABOUT AT LEAST CHECKING THE FIRST PAGE BEFORE MAKING A NEW THREAD. WHEN I SEE A NEW THREAD ABOUT EMERALD THAT'S RIGHT ABOVE A WEEKS-OLD THREAD ABOUT EMERALD, I WONDER IF EXECUTING THE RETARDED IS REALLY THAT BAD OF A THING.

You have been warned.

EDIT: Rules have been updated to include changes to this forum.

Advanced Trainer

Default Die Regeln

Question: a thread was recently locked for talking about problems with getting a game delivered, instead of talking about the game's content. I was under the impression that that was fair game, so please enlighten us. Where would a post that involves a game, but not specifically its content, belong?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Die Regeln

According to the board description this board is for Pokemon Box as well. You can't go back on that. Especially since I have a pokemon box question. @_@
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

Default Die Regeln

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile_Master
    According to the board description this board is for Pokemon Box as well. You can't go back on that. Especially since I have a pokemon box question. @_@
    Ask your question in the Official Pokemon Box Thread. That Thread was created because Pokemon Box is such a small game and you wouldn't really need much help on a game that just stores Pokemon.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Die Regeln

Where is this official pokemon box thread

Default Die Regeln

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile_Master
    Where is this official pokemon box thread
    http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30053

You should have looked down the page a bit more.

Advanced Trainer

Default Die Regeln

It's the one that's titled "The Official Pokemon Box Thread". If you can't find it now, you need practice using message boards.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Die Regeln

I feel unwanted. It may just be my settings but it doesn't seem to be on the page.

*Gives a sad look*

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Die Regeln

At the bottom of the forums, there is a drop-down menu that says "Sorted By:" and another that says "From the:" In the "From The" menu, select "Beginning.," then hit "Show Threads." It is possible that you were only looking at the topics from, say, last week. If you can't find a topic that you know is supposed to be there, try doing that. I hope that helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Die Regeln

Quote Originally Posted by Poryhedron
    Question: a thread was recently locked for talking about problems with getting a game delivered, instead of talking about the game's content. I was under the impression that that was fair game, so please enlighten us. Where would a post that involves a game, but not specifically its content, belong?
    OPG is about the games themselves. That was more of a general delivery request.

However, it was also locked due to being a fairly narrow question.