Thread: Fastest Ways of Purification?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Fastest Ways of Purification?

I've just snagged the 48th Shadow Pokémon, and now I need to purify the 14 remaining unpurified I have, before I can go and get Ho-oh. Some of these pokémon are taking a long time to purify, such as Skarm and Metagross, so I am wondering if scents are the best way to purify these guys. I am making 40,000 pokedollars per tournie with the amulet coin at deep colosseum so money isn't a problem, but I'm barely losing any heart gauge even though I'm trying to encourage hyper mode so I can call to them. Are scents the quickest way? I have used all 3 time flutes.

Yeah, scents are definitely the best way to purify. It took me about two hours to go through about thirty Pokémon, as opposed to my friend who took seven hours of battling.
    [SIZE=1]Super Hyper Mega Ninja Pokémon World Character Randomizer!

It's ANIMation + MELEE. No "Anime" or "Lee".
    Support watching cartoons in their original languages and formats -- like Japanese Pokémon, and English Transformers Beast Wars; not the other way around!
    Pokémon Ruby Cart - Play Time as of August 3, 2004: 999:59+
    Pokémon LeafGreen Cart - Play Time as of June 7, 2005: 177:01
    Pokémon Diamond Cart - Play Time as of November 21, 2005: 00:00
    GAME FREAK, HAL Labs, Capcom, Genius Sonority, Sega, and Nintendo forever!
    Thanks to Filb for the PHP script, and for hosting my sig!

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Bear in mind, though, that different purifying methods will be more or less effective based on the pokémon's Nature (although you don't find out its Nature until its purification has reached a certain point. ) let's see...the effectiveness of purification methods by Nature was listed somewhere around here...Aha! Here it is.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Best way to do it:

First, put six Shadow Pokemon in your party, and one in the Daycare.

Then, walk over to the first cliff you see that appears off to the left of the entrance to Agate Village (the one on the left when you walk in). When you walk into it, the screen will start shaking back and forth slightly, and this will count as "steps" toward the purifying process. This is also the only place you can do this - wallking into any other wall or cliff doesn't do a thing.

To fix the controller so your character is continuously walking into the cliff, unplug the controller, then plug it back in with the joystick in the up position. This recalibrates the controller so it thinks that the center stick is the "down" position, which is what direction you need to move in.

Wait a couple of hours, and most Pokemon will be purified. Some will take longer, and others a lot longer. Try other techniques for those - put the most highly resistant ones into the Daycare, or use scents on those.

You should have saved and used your Time Flutes on those later Pokemon like Skarmory, Metagross, and Tyranitar. Those are the Pokemon who took me ages of using lots of Scents. I think it's because those Pokemon are quite strong, powerful, and high Leveled. This makes it harder and slower for you to get their Shadow Gauge down.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Thanks for all the help. I'm almost done. Is the Colosseum Mode Battle Mountain similar levels to story mode or are they all L100? I just wanna know whther I'd need to trade my team across from Ruby.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudizme
    Thanks for all the help. I'm almost done. Is the Colosseum Mode Battle Mountain similar levels to story mode or are they all L100? I just wanna know whther I'd need to trade my team across from Ruby.
    Whatever the highest Level Pokemon on your Team is that's what Level all their Pokemon are on Battle Mountain.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Time Flutes are the fastest way to go. Of course they are very rare.
    Random Mark Twain Saying

"Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. Ah, but I repeat myself."

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by andyizcool
    Whatever the highest Level Pokemon on your Team is that's what Level all their Pokemon are on Battle Mountain.
    Is there a lower limit? Like the Gym Leader Castles of the Stadium games where all of the pokémon were level 50 or your team's highest level if that was higher?

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Banned

They have a minimum level of 50.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Thanks for all the help guys, I've now purified all and thrashed mt.battle without using any continues (i had over 90 at the end) with Zangoose, Grumpig, Lanturn and 3 filler. I'm really pleased with my Ho-oh, it's Timid with mostly decent IVs. Now I've just gotta trade to ruby and breed all of my non-rusa pokes.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudizme
    Thanks for all the help guys, I've now purified all and thrashed mt.battle without using any continues (i had over 90 at the end) with Zangoose, Grumpig, Lanturn and 3 filler. I'm really pleased with my Ho-oh, it's Timid with mostly decent IVs. Now I've just gotta trade to ruby and breed all of my non-rusa pokes.
    I think everyone who's completed Pokemon Colosseum is doing that now. As you'll discover Pokemon Colosseum Story Mode has no replay value once you've got all those Johto Pokemon onto Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. I'm sure Pokemon Colosseum Battle Mode has a few Cups to get but that's boring and doesn't really achieve anything.

Banned

The Ho-oh you get, does it have any moves that it doesn't learn naturally like the other stolen pokes? (Eg Noctowl don't learn fly naturally)

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Nope, the Shadow Pokémon have had previous trainers and were taught TM/HMs, the Ho-oh was supposedly wild and knows only natural moves. Unfortunatly it's OT is MATTLE (Mt. Battle?) so it can't be renamed just like Jirachi.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Tou said you used all THREE time flutes. I thought there was only two.
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile_Master
    Tou said you used all THREE time flutes. I thought there was only two.
    The last one is at the top of Mt Battle in Story Mode.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

cool. brady games have always had dispicably terrible guides anyways as it said there was only two. They get so many things wrong. I'm glad they gave Prima (a superb company) the rights for an official guide this time.
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139