Thread: Rate: The Fun Team

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Rate: The Fun Team

This is a team of pokemon that have a special place in my heart, and they seem to all get along as a team fairly well. Some are UU, and a couple others are picking up popularity. But without further adeu, my Fun Team:

Pikachu @Light Ball
    -Rain Dance
    -Thunder
    -Hidden Power (ice)
    -Thunder Wave

This took FOREVER to get a Light Ball, and then on top of that get a Timid one with HP Ice. I love this guy!

Ludicolo @Leftovers (ability Rain Dish)
    -Giga Drain
    -Dive
    -Leech Seed
    -Rain Dance

Huge staying power! GD and Dive for STABS. RD, LS, and Lefties make him almost imposible to take down.

Chimeco @Twisted Spoon
    -Yawn
    -Protect
    -Dream Eater
    -Heal Bell

Yawn, Protect, then give em a nightmare. HB is nice for when the rest of my team has incurred some status conditions.

Slaking @Silk Scarf
    -Hyper Beam
    -Earthquake
    -Shadow Ball
    -Fire Blast

Need I say more?

Kecleon @Choice Band
    -Trick
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Shadow Ball

Trick bander + Color Change = priceless. FP and SB for good physical Attacks.

Sceptile @Scope Lens
    -Leaf Blade
    -Dragon Claw
    -Crunch
    -Roar

Needed a pseudo-hazer, and this guy is a pretty decent special sweeper. I took the Chesto Rest off of him cause his staying power is pretty low. Scope Lens is there just cause I couldn't decide on another item. Maybe Shell Bell. I don't know.

Thanks for any help in advance!
    "OMG your shiny pokemon's hurting my eyes!!!"

I've got an idea, how about we draw straws, and the loser gets to run across the parking lot with ham sandwich!" - Steve (DOTD)

Banned

Pikachu: bolt > thunder if you can't stand the accuracy, and going with bolt also frees up a slot. if you go w/ bolt, then encore/protect in place of rain dance

Ludicolo: surf > dive; dive is fugly, even on a rain dish staller/annoyer set. rain dish isn't that good... 1/16th HP isn't worth 1 move slot... i'd go with ice beam/toxic over rain dance. you could also try a swift swim set w/ rain dance, surf/hydro pump, ice beam, leech seed; swift swim > rain dish anyway

chimecho: psychic is more reliable and is the better bet, even on fun teams

slaking: focus punch over fire blast, return over hyper beam. choice band if you have another one

kecleon: good

sceptile: not a good p-hazer IMO... leech seed/protect/hp fire work

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Just a few notes:

Slaking, FP = Bad Idea. Only gets to attack every other turn + if you get hit then it's a loss of a move. HB > Return cause w/his ability it don't really matter if he has to recharge. Higher base power by 50 too. I think I will go w/Choice Band on this guy. I've got 5 now.

Chimeco - Psychic 10 less base power, plus no HP bonus. Yawn, protect, dream eat. That's what I was goin for with him.

I think I'm gonna replace my Sceptile w/a tank. Not sure who, but I'm leanin towards a second Ludicolo or a Dusclops. I don't know though. Any more help?

I've got an idea, how about we draw straws, and the loser gets to run across the parking lot with ham sandwich!" - Steve (DOTD)

Hey Rabid_Cow. Here are the changes i would make.

Pikachu: Why not put HP Water on it. That is of course u wanted to counter something like grass, dragon etc.

Ludicolo: I prefer surf over dive but its personnal preference.

Chimeco: No nothing about him...

Slaking: I like the old Slack off + Leftover combo over Fire Blast

Kecleon and Scepticle are fine.
    Hope i helped

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Thanks for the help so far!

Pikachu: HP Ice on Pikachu for his amazing ability to OHKO a Salamence. Nice.

Ludicolo: Dive for more HP. Only real reason here.

Thanks again for all the help so far! Any more?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid_Cow
    This is a team of pokemon that have a special place in my heart, and they seem to all get along as a team fairly well. Some are UU, and a couple others are picking up popularity. But without further adeu, my Fun Team:

Pikachu @Light Ball
    -Rain Dance
    -Thunder
    -Hidden Power (ice)
    -Thunder Wave

This took FOREVER to get a Light Ball, and then on top of that get a Timid one with HP Ice. I love this guy!t-bolt>thunder and filler>rd if you want. otherwise good.

Ludicolo @Leftovers (ability Rain Dish)
    -Giga Drain
    -Dive
    -Leech Seed
    -Rain Dance

Huge staying power! GD and Dive for STABS. RD, LS, and Lefties make him almost imposible to take down.seen it.

Chimeco @Twisted Spoon
    -Yawn
    -Protect
    -Dream Eater
    -Heal Bell

Yawn, Protect, then give em a nightmare. HB is nice for when the rest of my team has incurred some status conditions.seen this too.

Slaking @Silk Scarf
    -Hyper Beam
    -Earthquake
    -Shadow Ball
    -Fire Blast

Need I say more?you don't need to, but brickbreak over fireblast is an option. you could put roar>fireblast since sceptile is not gonna have it.

Kecleon @Choice Band
    -Trick
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Shadow Ball

Trick bander + Color Change = priceless. FP and SB for good physical Attacks.yep.

Sceptile @Scope Lens
    -Leaf Blade
    -Dragon Claw
    -Crunch
    -Roar

Needed a pseudo-hazer, and this guy is a pretty decent special sweeper. I took the Chesto Rest off of him cause his staying power is pretty low. Scope Lens is there just cause I couldn't decide on another item. Maybe Shell Bell. I don't know.aerialace or earthquake over roar is a possibility.

Thanks for any help in advance!

nice team.
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Bump

I waited a while to do this. Anyone else?