1. Chansey (Budgie) -Lv. 32- Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Sing/Softboiled
    2. Tauros (Jim) -Lv. 35- Body Slam/Leer/Stomp/Tackle
    3. Dodrio (Dodo) -Lv. 38- Drill Peck/Growl/Fury Attack/Peck
    4. Snorlax (Munchy) -Lv. 38- Headbutt/Amnesia/Rest/Body Slam
    5. Clefable (Fairypuff) -Lv. 38- Psychic/Ice Beam/Minimize/Rest
    6. Persian (Samus)* -Lv. 42- Bite/Screech/Pay Day/Bubblebeam

* = Denotes a traded Pokémon
    AYE ESS BEE

Shamshir/Wario/Joann/Mr. Larpus/Giant Enemy Crab (Xanthius)
    Meliadoul/Shizuka/Roy/Pit/Taina
    Celice/Anita/Asmodeus/Ferdinand
    Elekid

Work It Harder Make It Better
    Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger
    More Than Ever Hour After
    Our Work Is Never Over

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default 2004 TPM RBY Monotype Challenge

...do a lot of people fight Koga before Sabrina? I see Soul Badge listed before Marsh Badge in a lot of places, but I have always, always, beaten Sabrina before waking either Snorlax, and I can't imagine myself ever doing it differently.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

I dunno how anyone else does it either Poryhedron, but I prefer going for the Badge of Souls over the Badge of Marshes, for the former path takes you to Snorlax and the Safari Zone monsters, which are all really good to aquire, especially with the 1337ness of Psychic Pokémon, and I try to get as much firepower as I can.

-Chris R.
    AYE ESS BEE

Elekid

Our Work Is Never Over

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Poryhedron
    ...do a lot of people fight Koga before Sabrina? I see Soul Badge listed before Marsh Badge in a lot of places, but I have always, always, beaten Sabrina before waking either Snorlax, and I can't imagine myself ever doing it differently.
    Yeah, you know the paths leading to Koga (that one bridge area with a ton of trainers standing around in a maze-like thing at the bottom?) Most of their pokémon range from 20s-30s. If I remember right Sabrina's gym has slightly higher levels, so it's nice to wipe out all the lower-levelled trainers first. That's my reason for beating Koga first, anyway. I did use to beat Sabrina before him, though, but when you have like 5 different pokémon to level up (well, I guess it depends on their species), you want to take all the experience you've got. Like... I got a Dratini and I wanted a Dragonair so that it could get exp from her gym, so yeah.

[COLOR=silver][B]Guardian Lune

[COLOR=gold]
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard04621
    Yeah, you know the paths leading to Koga (that one bridge area with a ton of trainers standing around in a maze-like thing at the bottom?) Most of their pokémon range from 20s-30s. If I remember right Sabrina's gym has slightly higher levels, so it's nice to wipe out all the lower-levelled trainers first. That's my reason for beating Koga first, anyway. I did use to beat Sabrina before him, though, but when you have like 5 different pokémon to level up (well, I guess it depends on their species), you want to take all the experience you've got. Like... I got a Dratini and I wanted a Dragonair so that it could get exp from her gym, so yeah.

Plus if you're playing Yellow, she only has Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam if I recall. ALL level 50. So it's a good idea to wipe out BOTH gyms, and paths to Fuchia(I CANNOT spell that) first usually.

At the moment, my team is this:

Ivysaur lvl 30 - Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, Tackle, Leech Seed
    Nidoking lvl 26 - Thrash, Horn Attack, Poison Sting, Water Gun
    Nidoqueen lvl 27 - Body Slam, Scratch, Poison Sting, Bubble Beam
    Golbat lvl 28 - Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite, Confuse Ray

Gonna add Gengar, then once I can get it, I'll add Venemoth for Sabrina and Koga. Then, drop Queen once I get a second Body Slam TM from Yellow(i'm on Blue) so I can teach Nidoking, and then dropping Venemoth for Tentacruel. I'll most likely use Muk, but may drop Golbat for Weezing, since he's alot more useable.

Banned

Yeah. I keep wanting to do this...But I don't, do I.

You know, we could make pseudo-Dragon/Ghost teams that would be legit. Like, count Charmander as a dragon. Or Marowak as a ghost. Just for fun...

Dragon: Dragonite, Dragonair, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Charizard, Arbok?, Arcanine? Pseudo-dragons have too many options now :p
    Ghost: Gengar, Haunter, Marowak, umm? Hypno? Jynx?

If I do the challenge, I'll do Poison or Ice.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I've done an RBY draconic one with Charizard, Dragonair, Aerodactyl, Gyarados, and Lapras.

[COLOR=gold]

Advanced Trainer

I'd be interested in trying an Ice one, or a Psychic one...but you don't get those types for too long. When I do theme teams where you'd have to go through the first two Badges at least with pretty much no-one, I use Game Shark to catch one of the theme members on Route 1 (or Route 29, or Route 101, depending on the game.) Of course, that's not legit for this topic...

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well, Squirtle's a Water type, and Water is closely related to Ice. You could use Squirtle and then pick up Jynx, etc. later. I know it's a good chunk of the game to go through, but you can get Jynx and Lapras before Seafoam.

For Psychic, you could get Butterfree to sub in until you came to Abra... *shrug* Yeah, it's a pity how unbalanced the game is when it comes to type distribution.

[EDIT]: By the way, someone asked about the Ice thing before... I don't remember who it was, but I think he/she went ahead using Squirtle. It should be legit... I'm not positive, though. But anyway, it kinda sucks that the game doesn't distribute types evenly around the map. I mean, Grass types are cool and stuff, but we don't need like half of them bunched up at the start while most of the Ice types are confined to a cave towards the end of the game.

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

Well, Squirtle's a Water type, and Water is closely related to Ice. You could use Squirtle and then pick up Jynx, etc. later. I know it's a good chunk of the game to go through, but you can get Jynx and Lapras before Seafoam.

For Psychic, you could get Butterfree to sub in until you came to Abra... *shrug* Yeah, it's a pity how unbalanced the game is when it comes to type distribution.
    When you notice how powerful Ice and Psychic attacks are, it's really balanced well. Psychic has no one resisting it outside of other Psychics, and Alakazam can usually overpower them with his own Psychic-type attacks, and Ice has Grass, Ground, and Flying while Water(pretty much the only dual type for Ice, heh) has Ground(again), Rock, and Fire. That's 5 types that are pretty common throughout the game handled very well.

Advanced Trainer

Plus, Ice is the only thing strong against Dragons...I don't want the game to be different, I know better. It's just a shame for this sort of challenge is all.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yeah, I'm not worried about the amount of Ice types there are, but they could be better placed. It's not like Dragons appear at the beginning, anyway; you can get Ice types before the Elite Four regardless.

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

Yeah, I'm not worried about the amount of Ice types there are, but they could be better placed. It's not like Dragons appear at the beginning, anyway; you can get Ice types before the Elite Four regardless.
    Yeah seriously. It's like one or two before Seafoam, then BAM Ice-type city.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll be doing Bug in the Yellow version...I know, but I always liked Butterfree...

IIRC there are just 6 pokemon right?

Well...

I just delivered Oak's Parcel and got a l.3 Caterpie...It's now l.5! :roll

I'll be updating later

bye

Notice: No, I didn't ignore the Monotype Challenge, it is that I was swamped over with lots of many stuff. I'll try to throw in a post sometime.

-Chris R.
    AYE ESS BEE

Elekid

Our Work Is Never Over

Master Trainer

Well, I picked up my Yellow again.

Events:

- Caterpie evolved
    - Metapod evolved
    - Defeated Brock
    - Caught Paras
    - Caught Venonat
    - Defeated misty
    - Paras Evolved
    - Got HM01
    - Defeated Surge
    - Got HM05
    - Saved game

I'll post a log the next time, but it was just to much and I'm to tired now...

Time: 8.06
    Badges: 3

[Moth / Venomoth
    - l.31
    - Leech Life_Poisonpowder_Supersonic_Confusion

[Herb / Parasect
    - l.31
    - Body Slam_Spore_Leech Life_Dig

[Honey / Buttefree
    - l.30
    - Sleeppowder_Stun Spore_Confusion_Gust

Hardness: No difficulties at all. Easy as hell...But blaine...

Yeouza! O_O; I can't believe I actually ignored this! I'll get up an update on my current status and hopefully finish this up once and for all (I'm all the way at Cinnabar with 7 Badges BTW).

-Chris R.
    AYE ESS BEE

Elekid

Our Work Is Never Over

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Re: 2004 TPM RBY Monotype Challenge

Ok, I'm in, my type: Electric (that means looking all over for a pikachu (I wish I had a Yellow Version, hehe)
    Electric Pokémon Rule

B&W First Clear Team:

B&W Autum Friendly Tournament Team:

The First Latino team (GSC):

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Okay, so I'm going to do the mono-challenge with Psychic. I was wondering if I can use Exeggutor, Jynx, Starmie, Slowbro. Or do I have to use Kadabra, Hypno, and Mr.Mime, Mew, and Mewtwo and my starter?

Also, can I trade HMs from another R/B/Y to get the HMs I need?

And can I shark a Pokemon from the beginning, if I want to do another challenge. Like if I was doing an ICE type challenge, can I shark a Shellder?

(my first challenge complete)

TERRY's GROUND CHALLENGE 2006- (Monotype Challenge) TPM RBY
    (my 2nd challenge)

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DaBlackBandit
    Okay, so I'm going to do the mono-challenge with Psychic. I was wondering if I can use Exeggutor, Jynx, Starmie, Slowbro. Or do I have to use Kadabra, Hypno, and Mr.Mime, Mew, and Mewtwo and my starter?

Also, can I trade HMs from another R/B/Y to get the HMs I need?

And can I shark a Pokemon from the beginning, if I want to do another challenge. Like if I was doing an ICE type challenge, can I shark a Shellder?
    The rules for these things are usually set clearly in the first post. In this case, yes, Dual-types are fine; no, you can't acquire TMs or HMs from other games; and while it's not explicitly stated, Game Shark seems to be forbidden.

Master Trainer

Yes, although most people can look away from sharking. Especially for types like Ice.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

So, today I am starting the Mono-Challenge for Psychic types. I haven't decided yet, but I think I will just think to straight psychics and a few HM slaves. I always started with Bulbasaur and Squirtle every pokemon game. I just love Grass Pokemon, and other then that I would always choose water pokemon, anyways after transfering all my pokemon to my Stadium game I started a fresh Red version game.

Name: Psycho
    Type: Psychic
    Starter: Charmander

I had forgot how annoying the first part of Pokemon was, so I started off by grabbing the potion in my PC, and then leaving my house, as Professor Oak greated me and told me about the world of Pokemon I took my Chamander named Pyro and started to battle my rival Bugsy. (I figured that I'm using psychic so my rival should be it's weakness) He had a squirtle of course my mortal enemy and after a few scratches to Squirtles face, my Charmander was the victor. I then left and got Professor Oak's package and thanked them kindly. Coming back I recieved a pokedex and went back out to buy some Poke-balls and Antidotes. (I'm sure those will come in handy since I'm not using a Poison type). Then it was off to the Viridian Forest, right before I picked up a Pidgey and named it Falkner promptly, to be my second HM slave. I walked right through the Viridian Forest not getting into any battles at all, I picked up the Pokeball and Antidote in the forest and only had to battle that one stray bug catcher with the level 9 weedle at the end. I promptly went to the Pewter City, healed up my Pokemon and headed straight for the Gym.

Gym Battle: Jr Trainer
    I took down his Diglett fairly easily, but then it's Sandshrew started using Sand-Attack and my Charmander couldn't do anything. I switched out and switched back, finally landing a Critical Hit Scratch.

Gym Battle 2: Brock
    After Growling a few times at his Geodude, I Embered him to death so his Tackles wouldn't hurt me as much. Finishing it off. Then his Onix came in and Critical Hit me with me a Tackle bring my health down to about 3 points. I switched out and brough in Falkner, and then potioned up my Pyro, and began the beat down his Onix with Ember, burning Brock's Onix, but he was to smart for me. (Being a Pokemon Breeder, Brock always has that stuff handy) and used Full Heal. Again, Ember is doing almost nothing to his Onix, so I growled it too death so it can't hurt me. and another Critical Hit tackle attack killing me, then I brought Falkner to Sand-Attack it too death. So now Onix's attack is down to 0 and it's accuracy is at 0. You'd think it couldn't hurt me. But I forgot it had Bide and was going to hurt me that way, good thing Gust did almost nothing, or I would have been dead too. After finally beating Brock; I got the TM 34, and a new shiny badge. Psycho is on his way.

Pyro Lv. 12
    Scratch, Growl, Ember

Falkner Lv. 9
    Gust, Sand-Attack

Chapter 2: The Mount Moon Marathon...

(my 2nd challenge)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Badges: Boulder Badge

Chapter 2: The Mount Moon Marathon...

As, I said I finished up Brock and got his TM, then it was off to fight those trainers with high level Caterpies and Weedles (Why anyone would want a level 20 Caterpie, I have no idea. ) So, I burned through them with Charmanders Ember, not once switching out. Then went through the field of Jigglypuff, not getting into a battle with one. (Wow! That was weird) And I went to the Pokemon center to heal my 2 Pokemon, and start my long journey through Mount Moon. As I was battling every pokemon I face wild or trained. I thought this is really one of the longest points of the game. I had picked up a few trinkets on the way. TMs, Antidotes, Potions, HP UPs, and the almighty Rare Candy (Which will come in handy I'm sure.) I also ran into a few clefairy. I picked up two of them. Thinking they might be rare and I might want to trade for a rare Pokemon at some time in the game., but who knows (Hint: Mr.Mime. anyone) As I was leaving Mount Moon, I beat down on Team Rocket and there plans on trying to capture Clefairy or secure Moon Stones, which ever it may be. Then some loser nerd tried to come at me with a Koffing. (Thinking only of Poryhedron, as his Poison type challenge. I will always think of you the nerd with the poison type trainer Mitch). I seriously beat him down, as left Mount Moon and headed to Cerulean City, thinking I am so glad that is over.

Cerluean City: Rival Battle
    I went to heal my Pokemon and went on to battle my Rival. My Pyro poised to win, I switched him out him and sent in Falkner who Sand-Attacked his Level 18 Pidgeotto to my Level 9 Pidgey. Then switched in Pyro and Leer'd him and Scratched him death. Next Abra, Ooooh, I didn't want to kill my Psychic brotherian, but I had to; To move on. One Scratch and he was down for the count., and he was down, then Rattata, an Ember took him down. He brought forth Squirtle and I switched out to my Falkner, and Sand-Attacked once again. Now Squirtle can't touch me, and I just Leer'd away, and Scratched him to death, winning the battle. He was talking something about 30 Pokemon, but I was thinking how could that be. (He must have cheated, damn A.I.) I fought through the Nugget bridge like cake and got my Nugget. After that. I went to the field and went to catch an Abra. But for got tt Nickname it, so I caught another one. and named it "Mind Reader". So, now my name is Psycho and I have a Mind Reader. Making me Psycho Mind Reader. I think it works. besides Psychic Pokemon should have a link to all there Pokemon right? I, then went to the Pokemon center and saved my game.

Chapter 3: Bills House or Bust!

MindReader
    Lv. 10
    Teleport

Falkner
    Lv. 9
    Gust, Sand-Attack

Pyro
    Lv. 23
    Ember, Scratch, Growl, Leer

Some Items I Aquired at Mount Moon/Nugget Bridge are: TM12 (Water Gun), HP UP, Rare Candy, Escape Rope, Nugget, Moon Stone, Helix Fossil, TM 1 (Mega Punch), TM 4 Whirlwind

(my 2nd challenge)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge

Chapter 3: Bills House or Bust!

After beating all the Nugget Bridge people, I went to the Poke-center and healed all my Pokemon then saved by game. I re-opened my game and started leveling up my Abra. At this time my Pyro had evolved to a Charmeleon, in which was quite useless IMO. I was leveling it up on my way to the WACKY bill's house, when he told me about the Pokemon system; where he turned himself into a Pokemon and then he gave me the S.S. Anne Ticket. As soon as I got my Kadabra, I gave it TM 45, and TM 19. Thunder Wave and Seismic Toss. (I'm on my way to making the standard Kadabra/Alakazam set). Aftering beating Misty and her trainers in her Gym. Which was pretty easy except Misty loved using Bubblebeam and lowering my speed. Thank god for Seismic Toss and Thunder Wave. So, I went out and dropped my Faulker at the Daycare, maybe my Pidgey will grow up big and strong, and I can fly normally instead of on a tiny bird pokemon. (HAHAHA) Using Kadabras Confusion attack took out alot of Pokemon. Usually it OHKO's pokemon, but sometimes it takes two hits. As for other Psychics, I just use Seismic Toss and Thunder Wave. I entered Vermillion City with ease, and went straight to capturing a Drowzee. (So, now I'm up too two Psychics.) Look out Lt. Surge, Psycho is coming to tear down your electric gym, no contuctivity of electric current is going to paralyze this Psychic trainer.

Chapter 4: The Shocking Psychic Battle

MindReader
    Lv.21
    Confusion, Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss, Disable

Pyro
    Lv.25
    Ember, Scratch, Leer, Growl

Insomnia
    Lv.9
    Pound, Hypnosis

(my 2nd challenge)

Master Trainer

You're doing great ^^ Keep up the good work. I wonder who you'll catch ^^

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge

Chapter 4: The Shocking Psychic Battle

When I arrived in Vermillion City, I was all "PSYCH'd" up to battle Surge. But I forgot I had to go to the crappy S.S.Anne. After beating all the trainers on the boat, and aquiring the HM Cut. I was off to battle the big, bad Electric champion. But before that I must say Battle Bugsy is getting quite annoying. His Pidgeotto seems to be faster then all my Pokemon combined, plus that means it always get's Critical hits all the time. I dunno what to do?. I beat his Kadabra, Growlithe, and Wartortle with ease. Just a few confusion, and they are toast. Anyways, I finished off the S.S. Anne trainers and waved good bye to it, as it left the port. I went down Diglett Cave and caught a diglett, and ended up trading an extra Abra I had in there for a Mr.Mime. (Why someone wants to get rid of it, I have no idea.) So, now I had 3 Psychic Pokemon, and it was off to the gym.

I beat all those trainers in the gym, then unlocked all the trash can doors. To battle Lt.Surge, he went down fairly easily. I forgot about his Thunderbolt attack, and he killed my Insomnia, but MindReader batted clean up for my team and finished it off. This is when I learned Psybeam. I dropped it for Confusion, because it has a little more power, but less PP. Then it was back to Cerulean City to pick up my Pidgey I left at the day-care. When I got back I had a level 20 Falkner. So now, Pidgey has 4 moves and I'm only using it to Fly. that's nice. Plus I didn't even use it in battle. Now it's off to Route 9, and the Rock Tunnel.

Chapter 5: The Rock Tunnel Rumble

Marcel
    Lv.13
    Confusion, Barrier

MindReader
    Lv.27
    Psybeam, Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss, Disable

Insomnia
    Lv. 18
    Pound, Hypnosis, Disable, Confusion

Pyro
    Lv.25
    Cut, Ember, Growl, Leer

Falkner
    Lv.20
    Gust, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, Whirlwind

(my 2nd challenge)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge

Chapter 5: The Rock Tunnel Rumbel

There really isn't much to say here. I basically, just went through the Rock Tunnel with ease. I didn't even have Flash. Which I don't think you need, if you've gone through it. Like a hundred times. Anyways, my Marcel was tearing up the place with it's Confusion attack on the Zubats, and Machops. it took two hits for Geodudes, and I didn't see one Onix, while in there. At this time I realized after defeating so many trainers, the computers so goal was to make me loose all my PP, by throwing me a pokemon every step and I could have just ran away from it, but I decided to kill it; since I hated Zubat so much. Gawh...there Critical hit Bite attack, (If this was G/S/C. I'd be done for.) Anyways, after getting out of the tunnel, I just passed by the Ghost town, and went to the underground path to get to Celeadon and the Fly HM for my Falkner. I equipted it to him, and then went to get a lemonade for the guard so I could get into Saffron City. Now I'm just chillin' Celadon for now and I'm going to battle team rocket and get another badge. Look out Erika, your poison/Wrap combo won't work on me, cuz I've got a high level Psychic. you better come up with a new strategy, or you'll be crushed.

Marcel
    Lv. 23
    Confusion, Barrier, Light Screen, -

MindReader
    Lv.28
    Psybeam, Seismic Toss, Thunder Wave, Disable

Insomnia
    Lv. 20
    Confusion, Disable, Hypnosis, Pound

Falkner
    Lv.20
    Whirlwind, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Fly

Pyro
    Lv.25
    Cut, Leer, Growl, Ember

Chapter 6: The Reckless Rockets

(my 2nd challenge)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, Rainbow Badge

Chapter 6: The Reckless Rockets

Fairly, easy beating all the Poison Pokemon with my Confusion and Psybeam attack. Giovanni for the first time was no match for me, he went down like a pile of geodudes. (LOL!) Anyways, it was off to Erika's Gym to beat all those lovely female trainers with Grass type pokemon. I was tempted on bring them all flowers, but all they wanted to do was poison my mind and keep me restrained with there Wraps and Constricts on my life. I had no control what so ever. But after beating Erika's Vileplume, Tangela, and Victreebel. My Insomnia evovled into a Hypno. Now, Celadon was safe from evil and I was the new champion of the city. After that I went to pick up my Eevee, and deposted in my box. (Wishes for a Psychic Eevee, but realized he can't have one.) Someday, I will....Someday I will, thinks Psycho. Then to Lavender Town to hunt those pesky ghosts from scaring me. I heard rumors of a Ground Pokemon called Cubone, and a Marowak in the tower somewhere, maybe I can catch one.

Insomnia
    Lv.26
    Confusion, Hypnosis, Disable, Headbutt

MindReader
    Lv.31
    Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss, Psybeam, Recover

Falkner
    Lv.20
    Fly, Whirlwind, Sand Attack, Quick-Attack

Pyro
    Lv.25
    Ember, Cut, Leer, Growl

Marcel
    Lv.29
    Confusion, Light Screen, Barrier, -

Chapter 7: Ghostbuster: I See Dead Pokemon

(my 2nd challenge)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, Rainbow Badge

Chapter 7: Ghostbuster: I See Dead Pokemon

Before that I went and did some mini-quest things. Like getting the bike, and the old rod, then trading a Spearow for a Farfetch'd, now I can Cut and Fly, and I don't need two seperate Pokemon. Plus, I got the coin case, but I don't see how that would happen. Picking up a few more TMs and Items too. I had to drop Falkner in the box and replace it with a more usefull HM pokemon. Farfetch'd, he can do two things in one pokemon.

So, I headed to the land of Ghost Pokemon, It was sad talking to the people in the Tower, they were saying how there Pokemon passed away, and now is a ghost Pokemon. (But I thought Pokemon couldn't die; Oh well another mystery unsolved?) So, I trounched Bugsy, he is not more a threat then an over grown weedle. And MindReader's Disable was fun. I Disabled there main attack and then they had to use something else. Quite fun. Anyways, I battled my way through the tower, no problems at all, seeing is how Gastly and Haunter are part poison types, and I have Psychic Pokemon. (DUH!!!). I caught 1 of each. Leveling up Mr.Mime, so it could finally learn a forth move, and Bring my Insomnia closer to MindReaders level. Now, it's off to Saffron City to see how other Psychic trainers duel.

Insomnia Lv. 31
    Confusion, Headbutt, Disable, Hypnosis

Marcel Lv.32
    Confusion, Barrier, Light Screen, Double-Slap

MindReader Lv.32
    Psybeam, Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss, Recover

Dux Lv. 15.
    Fly, Cut, Leer, Sand-Attack

Pyro Lv.25
    Cut, Ember, Leer, Growl

Chapter 8: Saffron City's Rocket Infi

(my 2nd challenge)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, Rainbow Badge, Marsh Badge

Chapter 8: Saffron City's Rocket Infastation

So, After beating Erika I headed to Saffron City, which was loaded with Rockets and proceded to thrash Silph Co. They had (The Rocket's That is) no chance in heck with my Psychic pokemon, They had all poison pokemon and some Rattata, Raticates, and Voltorbs and Electrodes. (Those darn Electrodes always exploded in my MindReaders face, fainting him numerous times.) Bugsy was not hard at all. We beat him with ease. Then it was off to fight Sabrina's trainers/ Since all the Rockets left, and I obtained the Master Ball from the president of the corperation.

I fought the gym leader trainers, and then it was on to Sabrina. Kadabra went down with just two Headbutts from my Insomnia, he was not tired yet. Then, she brought Mr.Mime, who I then brough my Marcel too, we continued to Barrier up and Light Screen up, then we proceded to have a Slap war (Like Cartman and Kyle in the Cartoon wars) After that annoying battle I thought I was going to win, she used a Hyper Potion. I switched out and use my MindReaders Seismic Toss. Then she brought Venomoth? I thought to myself, why Venomoth. who brings Venomoth to a Psychic Showdown. Well, apparently she does. And it's a pokemon with a high special that can learn Psychic without a STAB. So, after once leech life on my MindReader. I OHKO'd it, thining nothign of my paralysis on him.Then she bring Alakazam. Okay, now this thing was easy to beat now, with Seismic Tosses and paralysis. But that thing would always use "RECOVER" and nothing else. Maybe Psywave once in a while, and Psychic to lower my special. but 90% of the time it was recover. I finally finished it off and received my badge. I was off to Celadon after that

and biked down to Fushisa, where I got my HM3 and HM4. Surf and Strength, (stupid warden for loosing his teeth, good job for mw winning the race, (but who else was playing?) and gave them to Pyro. (not surf that is.) and then saved at the Pokemon center.

now, I have a question? Can I get more Psychic Pokemon, or do I have to use a HMslave to Surf around. Because if I can use more Psychic Pokemon I would catch an Exeggutor, Slowpoke, and a Starmie. But I don't know, they are not single Psychic types, and I was told you could only use 3 Pokemon of the mono type? What is a Psychic Trainer too do?

Chapter 9: There is only Safari you can go....

Insomnia Lv.40
    Psychic, Hypnosis, Headbutt, Disable

MindReader Lv.40
    Psychic, Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss, Recover

Marcel Lv. 39
    Confusion, Light Screen, Barrier, Double Slap

Dux Lv.15
    Fly, Cut, Leer, Sand-Attack

Pyro Lv.25
    Cut, Strength, Growl, Ember

(my 2nd challenge)

Advanced Trainer

The three-battlers thing is only in Crazy's Limited Pure Monotype Challenge for FR/LG. It's not part of any other monotype challenge as of now.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

*mutters* where'd the delete post button go? me no like double posting -_-
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf
    [*]You play through either Red, Blue or Yellow using pokemon of only one type (including Duel types who must share the chosen type)
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, Rainbow Badge, Marsh Badge, Soul Badge

Chapter 9: There is only Safari you can go....

Okay, so I had gotten the HM3, Surf. And I had no Water Pokemon. What a idiot I was not choosing squirtle. But I had my trusty Pyro, he was such a cute Charmander, and now he is now a rough, and tough Charmeleon. I hope so day to have a Charizard. (Looks for Exp All, doesn't know where, but looks for it.) So, I went and beat Koga, he was no match for me, even his stupid lackies with rival Drowzees, and Kadabras, and Hypnos. Then, after receiving the Soul Badge and getting a little bit funkier. (bad joke). I captured a Poliwag and Surfed to the Seafoam Islands and caught some Water Pokemon. I ended up catching a Slowpoke, and naming it Oblivious, because I think it was Oblivious for catching him. Then I left, because I forgot I didn't have HM4 with me, and sailed back to Fushia City, and flew to Pallet Town and took the back way to Cinnabar Island, then I gave my Helix Fossil to the Scientist, and left and started to level up my Pokemon, in the Burned Building, and then I went back to Fushia City, to catch some Safari Pokemon, bascially an Exeggcute to level it up and get it to Exeggutor, (This is going to take some time) Then I went back to Pewter City and got the Aerodactyl fossil, and went back to Cinnbar Island, to get that re-evolved. I then surfed back to the Seafoam Islands to get a Staryu and name it Illuminate. Apparantly, I like the Fr/Lg stuff. I dunno.

Right now I am saved at Cinnabar, but I want to level up Obvious so, I can beat Blaine hands down, and move on to the next Gym.

In Retrospec, I was thinking of Catching another Abra, and evolving that, but it wouldn't be the same. I wanted to name it Synhcronize and give it Mimic, that's as close as it gets in R/B/Y, plus I wouldn't have wasted the Thunder Wave, and Seismic Toss TMs.

I am also getting a vision, that my Pokemon want to change there names. They all seem to like me, but they want to be NYSNC. (haha) Soon, there will be a change in the wind, and my team will be complete, I will be psychically link too all my Pokemon and we will rule the Pokemon world. MWHAHAHAHA...

Chlorophyl Lv.32
    Stun Spore, Hypnosis, Reflect, Leech Seed

MindReader Lv.42

Oblivious Lv.30
    Surf, Confusion, Growl, Headbutt

Marcel Lv.42
    Confusion, Light Screen, Reflect, Double-Slap

Insomnia Lv.42
    Psychic, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Headbutt

Dux Lv.16
    Cut, Fly, Leer, Sand-Attack

Chapter 10: Out of the Frying Pan, and Into The Oven

(my 2nd challenge)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, Rainbow Badge, Marsh Badge, Soul Badge, Volcano Badge, Earth Badge

Chapter 10: Out of the Frying Pan, and Into The Oven

I went to take a rest in the Ghost Towns and was having some horrible nightmares, so my Hypno decided to use it's Dream Eater on me, and when I woke up I had a startingly revalation, to become more "ONE" with my Pokemon, I must change their names so we all work together, spelling a word. They should all have a theme to them
    So, I went to the Name Rater and changed the names of my Pokemon, they were gtting all upitdy and about to gang up on me. SO I changed Kadabra to Thinker, and Slowpoke to Nadduh, and Exeggucute to Egotisticl, Mr.Mime stayed the same. Hypno went to Ensomnia with an "E". and Staryu becaome Liminate with just an "L" now I have the word "MENTAL" spelled out with my pokemon. So I'm a Mental Psycho. quite an interesting idea, right?

So, I went into the Burned Building and got the Secret Key so I could go into Blaine's Gym. I hated those stupid riddles, they were so dumb. I just battled the trainers and then healed after all that damage I took. Blaine was no match for Slowpoke, just Surf all those fire Pokemon to death and they didn't stand a chance. Blaine's Pokemon didn't stand a chance either. Funny thing, a lot of the Pokemon had the "Roar" attack, they were using that a lot. It's too bad this isn't the advanced games, because they would be switching out my Pokemon, right and left. When I was Battling Blaine he had a Aracnine with these moves. (Fire Blast, Ember, Roar, Take Down) He was using Roar a bunch of times, and his Fire blasts missed, so it started using Ember. and Take Down did nothing. I just find it interesting. That he wouldn't use other attacks more. But that's another story for another day

Chapter 11: The Rocket Stops Here

I then went to viridian city and beat all the trainers in the gym and got the TM Fissure from Giovanni, now Team ROcket is stopped and I have. All the Fighting Pokemon were stopped by my psychic type, along with the poison, and the Sandslashes were quite annoying, with Poision Sting, but I got them back ith Nadduh's Surf attack.

I'm quite glad, I didn't have to battle anymore Rockets, just Giovanni. I'm also glad that Viridian City is safe once again.

Marcel Lv.43
    Confusion, Light Screen, Reflect, Counter

Egotistical Lv.39
    Stun Spore, Hypnosis, Reflect, Psychic

Nadduh Lv.40
    Surf, Confusion, Amnesia, Strength

Thinker Lv.44

Amnesia Lv.42
    Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Psychic, Headbutt

Luminater Lv.34
    Harden, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Recover

Chapter 12: The Psycho Boost of Confidence

(my 2nd challenge)

Advanced Trainer

Erm...

Marcel
    Egotisticl
    Naddah
    Thinker
    Ensomnia
    Luminator

Way to spell "MENTEL"...

Master Trainer

I lolled at that. So you're almost finished, but aren't your pokemon on a low level?

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Whoops, I forgot mental has an "A" in it. I guess, I shoudl learn to spell before I make something clever like that. I got Amnesia from it.

I still got some trainers left, I will level them up on Route 15, plus I have my rival one more time, and Victory Road (That will take a lot out of my Pokemon). I realized my levels were kinda low, so I will go level up so I can catch up to them.

(my 2nd challenge)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, Rainbow Badge, Marsh Badge, Soul Badge, Volcano Badge, Earth Badge

Chapter 12: The Psycho Boost of Confidence

So, after beating the Viridian City Gym, I decided to go to Celadon and pick up some Stones, I picked up the Water Stone, and Leaf Stone. Traveled back to Viridian City and then leveled up my Pokemon so more, since they were so weak. I went to battle Bugsy, there was no challenge there. Pretty much everything went down in one hit. I even got a Solarbeam to kill Blastoise, it was quite funny. He lowered it's head, and I took in sunlight, then he attacked and I beamed him to a OHKO. (Gotta love Water Pokemon with no Ice attacks! ). So, then I went on my merry way, and went past all the gym badge people, and then got to Victory road, this place was freakin' annoying. Everytime I took a step there was a Pokemon, and every other step there was a trainer, on top of that I was trying to get some TMs, but that didn't work out.

Quick Note: Incase I didn't mention this, I caught Articuno, Zapdos, and now Moltres.

Continuing, Moltres was so freakin' annoying. I found after I put him to sleep my Pokeballs worked well, but my Great Balls, and Ultra Balls didn't do anything to him. I have no idea why. So I continued on leveling up my Pokemon, and decided it was time to leave this place and go to the Elite Four, well, I was still leveling up and battling trainer, after trainer, and pokemon after Pokemon. My POkmoen were almost dying,s ince I ran out of items and, Geodudes and Gravelers love to Explode, thank god for Reflect. Finally, I got to the end, and saved my game, I was going to battle Loreli, but my levels were just so weak. I just ended up Evolving my Exeggcute to an Exeggutor, and my Staryu to a Starmie. My Kadabra, Mr.Mime, Hypno, and Slowbro were pretty high levels as is, but still I know they wouldn't last. I just saved and bought some Full Restores and Revives. and waited for the longest battle of all time

Chapter 13: The Fantastic Elite Four (Invisible Loreli, The Bruno, Mr. Lance-tastic, The UnDead-Human Agatha)

Egotisticl Lv.50
    Stun Spore, Psychic, Reflect, Solarbeam
    (I should have put Strength on him, and dropped Reflect, and maybe Mega Drain over Solarbeam, but I like the power of it)

Luminare Lv.50
    Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Minimize, Recover
    (Bolt/Beamer, with Double-Resting)

Thinker Lv.51
    Thunder Wave, Psychic, Seismic Toss, Recover
    (Standard, Tosser)

Amnesia Lv.50
    Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Psychic, Headbutt
    (My Sleeper)

Marcel Lv.50
    Substitute, Thunder, Confusion, Counter
    (I might put Flash over Counter, cuz it can't really do much else, maybe Solarbeam for Rock/Ground types)

Nadduh Lv.50
    Surf, Confusion, Amnesia, Strength
    (I should have put Counter on this thing, instead of making him an HM slave)

(my 2nd challenge)

Advanced Trainer

[EDIT]: By the way, someone asked about the Ice thing before... I don't remember who it was, but I think he/she went ahead using Squirtle. It should be legit... I'm not positive, though.
    Really? I just went through this whole topic and didn't see anyone claiming to have completed the MTC with Ice...so, since I've finished up the FR/LG Limited Pure MTC, I'm going to give Ice a go.

Name: Tucker
    Type: Ice

The name is supposed to be based on "tundra"...just smile and nod. I named the rival Owen, based on "oven" since Ice's nemesis is heat. I picked up Squirtle, named it Wannabe, and beat Owen's Bulbasaur despite missing annoyingly often and getting dealt several more Growls than I would have liked.
    The rules of the Monotype Challenge only govern which pokémon you may use in battle, not pokémon you may catch, and I'd kinda like the Itemfinder, so after delivering Oak's Parcel and getting the Pokédex, I went on a catching spree. I couldn't get Butterfree or Beedrill because that'd require either using them in battle or the use of more Rare Candies than I'd be getting, but I got my Pokédex up to 11 by the time I reached Pewter. Nearly all of them went in Bill's PC to stay, but I held onto a Spearow from Route 22...one nicknamed TRADE ME!
    I Bubbled the heck out of Brock and then took a break.

Team:
    Wannabe L15
    Water Gun, Tackle, Bubble, Tail Whip
    (Some movesets have filler moves. This team has a filler battler.)

Trade Me! L3
    Peck, Growl, —, —
    (He means it, folks.)

Next: More dex work in the depths of Mt. Moon!
    Last edited by Poryhedron; 23rd November 2006 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Added banner because I can't keep it in my sig anymore