2004 RBY TPM Thread Monotype Challenge

This was somewhat of a success on SPP, so i'm putting it here too to try and spark some interest. The premise is simple, just so long as you follow the rules below.

• You play through either Red, Blue or Yellow using pokemon of only one type (including Duel types who must share the chosen type)
  • If your chosen starter is not of the type you picked, you are forbidden to use it.
  • No matter how stuck you get you must not use any other types.
  • You are allowed to use only ONE set of TMs. This includes trading between other versions of RBY and also GSC.
  • As with TMs, you cannot trade between games for pokemon. This means obtaining level 5 pokemon via eggs in GSC. Trading for evolution is allowed (Machamp, Alakazam, Golem, Pikachu). You may trade between RBY games, so long as you do so, when you reach the place said pokemon would naturally appear (ie, Electabuzz in the Power Plant)
  • After you pass certain events or feel the need to update, you reply to the topic with details on how your progress is going, the status of your team, how hard it is, etc.
  • You may have only ONE member of a famly in your team. That means no duplicating a pokemon to fill your spots. No having two Pikachus to fill out your team.
  • Ghost and Dragon teams are not accepted due to lack of pokemon
  • The challenge is considered complete upon the reaching, or defeat of Mewtwo.

-----

I'm also going to ask for some opinions on something. Charizard04621 PM'd me with an idea for an RBY Tournement with Gym Leaders and such in. We're asking if people may want to take part in this, or for any opinions they might have before we consider starting it.