View Poll Results: Should traditional/orchestral instruments be replaced by electronic instruments?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

7 100.00%

Thread: Poll: Are traditional musical instruments dying out?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Poll: Are traditional musical instruments dying out?

1. Will traditional musical instruments be replaced by electronic synthesizers etc. in the future?

2. Should it, as in the logical reasons?

3. Do you want it to, as in for sentimental/ other reasons?

1. I say they probably will, since technology seems to be replacing everything 'old-fashioned'. Unless they come up wiath something more technologically advanced than the electronic instruments...

2. I'm undecided. Electronic instruments could be really useful. Learning one instrument would mean learning all of them. Also, we all know how expensive things like bassons and pianos are.

However, I don't think they'll ever be able to reproduce the timbre and sound in general exactly Okay, maybe they will, but I think they can't.

3. No, I don't want them to die out, I love the instruments as they are. Besides, can you imagine an orchestra full of electronic gizmos? (I do know I sound like an anti-technology granny, but at least my points kindof make sense)
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Default Poll: Are traditional musical instruments dying out?

Sorry but electronic pop etc will never replace real instruments. And if your talking about Orchestral stuff just look up a guy called John Williams.
    Hes the one behind the musical scores for most of the Big movies. Infact if it werent for those tunes then i would say those movies wouldnt have been quite so good.

As a demonstration of his power hes done......

Jaws
    Star Wars
    Independance Day
    Back to the Future
    Jurrassic Park

I could keep going bu i think u get the picture.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2