Thread: Rate My Sapphire Team

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Rate My Sapphire Team

Hey, I've had Sapphire not so long and I'm just training up a team. It's my second restart and this time I've been a little more selective with my Pokemon. I am now near finishing the Game, but these guys need fine-tuning and a 6th member is needed.

They are in no specific order, and as its in the main game most held items aren't needed. I am unsure of their natures, but to be truthful I'm not wanting to raise a new Pokemon just with a new nature.

Blaziken
    Ability: Blaze
    Moveset:
    Slash
    Blaze Kick
    Bulk Up
    Double Kick

DK is being replaced with Sky Uppercut. Is Blaze Kick ok, or do you reccomend Flamethrower/any other fire attack?

Breloom
    Ability: Effect Spore
    Moveset:
    Giga Drain
    Leech Seed
    Sky Uppercut
    Counter

Counter will be replaced a.s.a.p. Spore Breloom is more of a luxury. Any other move I can put in there?

Swalot
    Ability: Sticky Hold
    Moveset:
    Body Slam
    Encore
    Amnesia
    Toxic

This moveset is just a combination of his level-up moves. I like his moves at the moment - Toxic first turn, if they use a move I'm safe with, i'll Encore it, while Amnesia-ing. I guess I need an attack to BENEFIT from Amnesia though, so suggestions please.

Flygon
    Ability: Levitate
    Moveset:
    Crunch
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower

I love this guy. He owns.

Absol
    Ability: Pressure (great against legendary-using Hydro-pumping Kyogre's)
    Moveset:
    Slash
    Swords Dance
    Bite
    Double Team

I dunno what to do with this guy. I need something dark which is stronger than Bite, dont I? DT is sometimes useful. Maybe If I put protect over something he could protect, double team, protect, double team and then unleash a SD-Slash combo?

EDIT: oh yea, I have a Gyarados as well :-$

Gyarados
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moveset:
    Surf
    Dragon Rage
    Twister
    Bite

This guy was freshly caught, then trained. I want to add Aerial Ace in there for some STAB and a surprise for any grass types, is it wise? Dragon Rage will probably be replaced sooner or later, but this guy, in RS, is a lot better I think.

Ok, go nuts! Remember Im no veteran, I'm the complete opposite!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Banned

Blaziken: Change blaze kick for flamethrower, and slash coul probably go for brick break/ariel ace/earthquake(one of them will work and theyre all good).

Breloom:Good, focus punch works o.k with spore with a bit of luck if you want to try that.

Swalot:A physical attack is pretty crap on swalot, go for ice beam, which is always useful, via tm.

Flygon: Perfect.

Absol: Double team is good, if not always reliable. Faint attack is attainable by breeding with Skitty or baton pass available by breeding with Kecleon.

Gyrados:This pokemon's attack is much higher than it's sp.att so ditch all those moves, and go for Earhtquake,Return,Thrash and a filler with Leftovers. (equake and return via tms.)

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

If you're serious about improving your party, I might suggest replacing either Blaziken, Breloom or Swalot. Half your party being weak against a single move type (in this case, Psychic) is not a good thing.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ace: Thanks, thats some really good rating there. I'll try changing it. Thanks.

Poryhedron: Yea I see that. Thats why I wanted to take advantage of having a dark type on my team. I may switch Swalot for something, any suggestions?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default a REAL rate

Quote Originally Posted by Brit Chris
    Blaziken
    Ability: Blaze
    Moveset:
    Slash
    Blaze Kick
    Bulk Up
    Double Kick

DK is being replaced with Sky Uppercut. Is Blaze Kick ok, or do you reccomend Flamethrower/any other fire attack?
    overheat>blazekick, brickbreak>doublekick. otherwise ok, put scope lens.

Breloom
    Ability: Effect Spore
    Moveset:
    Giga Drain
    Leech Seed
    Sky Uppercut
    Counter

Counter will be replaced a.s.a.p. Spore Breloom is more of a luxury. Any other move I can put in there? there's stun spore for a reason.

Swalot
    Ability: Sticky Hold
    Moveset:
    Body Slam
    Encore
    Amnesia
    Toxic

This moveset is just a combination of his level-up moves. I like his moves at the moment - Toxic first turn, if they use a move I'm safe with, i'll Encore it, while Amnesia-ing. I guess I need an attack to BENEFIT from Amnesia though, so suggestions please. you'll need to breed acid armor to make swalot useful. acidarmor>encore.

Flygon
    Ability: Levitate
    Moveset:
    Crunch
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower

I love this guy. He owns. not really. fly/aerialace>crunch. salamence>this.

Absol
    Ability: Pressure (great against legendary-using Hydro-pumping Kyogre's)
    Moveset:
    Slash
    Swords Dance
    Bite
    Double Team

I dunno what to do with this guy. I need something dark which is stronger than Bite, dont I? DT is sometimes useful. Maybe If I put protect over something he could protect, double team, protect, double team and then unleash a SD-Slash combo? you need to breed subsitute, batonpass and double-edge over. sub-doubleedge-swordsdance-batonpass

EDIT: oh yea, I have a Gyarados as well :-$

Gyarados
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moveset:
    Surf
    Dragon Rage
    Twister
    Bite

This guy was freshly caught, then trained. I want to add Aerial Ace in there for some STAB and a surprise for any grass types, is it wise? Dragon Rage will probably be replaced sooner or later, but this guy, in RS, is a lot better I think. taunt-earthquake-hp~flying-dragondance owns this.

Ok, go nuts! Remember Im no veteran, I'm the complete opposite!
    i realize you aren't. by the way ace you haven't learned much and you're already rating. NOT A GOOD SIGN. wait and learn before you start rating.
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Thanks strat, that was pretty darn helpful, on the other hand it was pretty darn b!tchy. I guess you gotta be cruel to be kind, no?

Swalot's gone, i didn't like him. I thought about killing two birds with one stone by raising an Anorith --> Armaldo, to get rid of my psychic weakness a little and counter it with this part-bug. Movesets would be appreciated.

Blaziken's changed, Breloom's changed, Gyarados has changed.

Yes, Salamence does > Flygon, but they're obviously more available much later on in the game, and I've OU'ed Salamence on Ru/Sa already.

Also, Absol's not working (ie: I'm too lazy to breed 3 moves onto it) so does anyone have any ideas for a replacement Pokemon to go in his place?

Many thanks,
    Chris

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Im not sure if this is very helpful, but i like to use Absol as a physical sweeper.
    Try Swords Dance, ShadowBall, Aereal Ace, and Return, this set has done wonders for me, i hope it does for you. ^_^

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Brit Chris
    Swalot's gone, i didn't like him. I thought about killing two birds with one stone by raising an Anorith --> Armaldo, to get rid of my psychic weakness a little and counter it with this part-bug. Movesets would be appreciated.

Blaziken's changed, Breloom's changed, Gyarados has changed.

Also, Absol's not working (ie: I'm too lazy to breed 3 moves onto it) so does anyone have any ideas for a replacement Pokemon to go in his place?
    armaldo@leftovers-swordsdance-earthquake-hp~bug-double-edge/rockslide/bodyslam/ancientpower/rockblast/subsitute/seismictoss

your absol was meant to be anti-kyogre, right? well, here's THE kyogre counter:

ludicolo@leftovers-leechseed-toxic-protect/raindance/subsitute/counter-surf/seismictoss/icebeam

note that the moves you can't seem to get are FrAb/FrLg Move Tutor moves.
    -House

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Absol was going to be my anti-psychic, as my weakness is still X2 IIRC. Blaziken and Breloom.

Any Pokemon that can fend of psychics, please help.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

having a 2x weak to psychic isn't necessarily the worst thing....

as long as you have a way to fend it off with probably about two pokemon.

your armaldo can handle psychics quite easily, so that's one.

flygon=two. in your case, keep crunch. to fit your team,

crunch
    fly
    earthquake
    fireblast/dragonbreath/rockslide(frlg)/irontail

quite simple. crunch for psychics, fly and eq as phys, pick a filler. everything except for dragonbreath can deal with the ice weak. it can work.
    -House