Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Solar Games - Annual CCCC Tournament (Approved by Amy)

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default The Solar Games - Annual CCCC Tournament (Approved by Amy)

Flash's free TM will be Overheat. And I had writers block...again X_X But hey, hurrah for random crap xD

~Flash~

‘All together now! PUSH’

‘You’re not helping, you idiot.’
    ‘What do you call this then?’
    ‘Talking.. if you were really helping, you’d be attempting to get me over this ridge.’
    ‘He’s got a point there, you know.’
    ‘But I was..fine then.’
    Dropping my head to show my ‘submissiveness’, I leant back, then plunged forward, cannoning into Omega’s back as he desperately scrambled for a good foothold among the smooth, crystalline surface of the cliff.
    Ever since he’d defeated the Jynx and we’d continued our climb, the cliff had become more and more crystalline in structure; starting out as a few, loose segments, sent tumbling down by Omega’s Dragon Claw, torn free from their once protective layer of rock and stone, it had gradually become more and more prominent.
    And that was the problem.
    It was hard enough getting a Shelgon to climb up a ordinary rock cliff, let alone trying to get one up a crystal one. Add on that he was also extremely worn out from his fight, and it was a miracle that we’d actually made it up the rest of the way.
    At least Omega had been light-hearted about it, and had tried his best to think up ways to help us out- namely, having another of our team-mates help us out, but we’d drawn a blank every time we had drawn up a list of possible Pokémon. It needed to be something that could fly… which narrowed it down to Ryua. And a tiny Pidgey wouldn’t be able to carry a Shelgon.
    So we’d toiled on, and now we attempting to get him over the very edge of the cliff, where hopefully we’d finally be able to have some much-needed rest before continuing on.
    But needless to say, it wasn’t going very well.

‘PUSH!’
    ‘I’m trying, doing my best.’
    ‘Do better.’
    ‘YOU do better. I’m only small, you’re so fat.’
    ‘All Shelgon’s are this big, you idiot.’
    ‘Hannah. get him back in his Poké Ball.’
    ‘No. I told you before, he stays out. What’d have happened if he’d been inside when that Jynx appeared? You’d have had the type advantage, but do you seriously think you could stand up to something nearly double your level?’
    ‘Well said.’
    ‘Thank you.’
    Oh of course, Omega was such the hero after beating up that one measly little Jynx. It wasn’t as if he’d really used that much strategy. Once he’d got his act together, all it took was one little Fire Blast to send it packing-if only he’d learnt the move earlier during the fight, it’d have been so much quicker.
    And even worse, he’d refused to teach me that move. Stuck up little…

‘Flash, help!.’
    ‘Yeah, I’m nearly over.’
    ‘Thank god.’
    From above came the sound of scratching nails as he scrambled for a hold, then suddenly, his body tensed and he struggled forward.
    ‘Finally!’
    As the Pokémon crawled out of the way, Hannah grasped the rope and scrambled up after him, before collapsing onto the ground and rubbing her burnt hand… an accidental attribute due to me.
    Shifting my position to get a better view, I reared slowly up and tried to survey our surroundings.
    And instantly wished I hadn’t.
    From the darkness, shifting shapes were forming, becoming more sharpened, then rapidly fading away again.

‘They're going to make us leave.’
    Omega edged closer, lowering his voice to a whisper.
    ‘They don’t want humans here….and their not to keen on their Pokémon either. And that means us two.’
    Hannah straightened up slowly, scanning the dark; leaning forward on her head, I caught Omega’s eye and motioned for him to come closer.
    ‘Don’t they know we’re trying to help?’

‘They do. But they think that they can sort this problem out.’
    ‘Oh.. hang on, how do you know this?’
    ‘What’d do you think I was doing, when I was trying to get out that ledge? I saw them as soon as I started climbing over, and thought that if it made out that I was in trouble and couldn’t concentrate on anything else, then they’d think I wasn’t listening to them. And they fell for it.’
    ‘Woah, clever idea.’
    ‘I know.’
    ‘Why’re they so un-keen on humans? And their Pokémon?’
    ‘They just are. And they think we’re dirt compared to them.’
    ‘Tell that to the Jynx.’
    ‘Don’t bring that up, please.’
    ‘Want to try to talk to them?’
    ‘O…k.’
    He hesitated, then stepped forward slowly… then instantly jumped back as a plethora of attacks plunged to the spot where he had stood.
    ‘Ok, no negotiations.’
    ‘Try talking to them from here. Maybe they’ll be more willing to if they don’t think that we’re invading their space.’
    ‘But isn’t this whole cliff their space as well?’
    ‘The don’t seem to have any problems with us standing here though.’
    ‘True…ok, I’ll try.’
    ‘No, let’s just blast our way in. We’re all strong, we could do it.’
    ‘Flash, we’re not going to go and just all out attack a group of random Pokémon.’
    ‘They did to you.’
    ‘That’s different, this is their territory, would you like it if some random strangers just barged into yours?’
    ‘It’s happened before. And I don’t have territory, not any more.’
    ‘Shut it, both of you. Omega, try and talk to them.’
    As he nodded and meekly lowered his head to show he posed no threat, I gritted my teeth and turned my head away.
    This was too hard. I’d been using my flames to provide light for well over half an hour now….. and the concentration involved was tearing at my insides. I had never had to control myself like this, and now the effort was beginning the chain reaction that always happened when I was like this. As my flames burnt, my energy levels rose, simple as that.
    And I couldn’t control that.
    And now….. I buried my head in her hair and desperately prayed that they’d think my idea through. A chance to release my pent-up energy was what I needed, not a long talk to attempt to negotiate.
    By now my whole body was shaking, as the exertion I was forcing myself through tore at me inside.
    Dimly, I registered that Omega was now talking, pleading, putting our case on the line, laying it out in its simplest of terms.
    No use.
    My energy suddenly sparked… and I couldn’t hold it in.
    With a scream, I plunged forward, leaping from Hannah’s head, smashing down onto the crystal floor, and tearing forwards, feeling the adrenaline rush swoop through my whole body.
    From the shadows, from the hidden Pokémon, came a collective gasp.. then silence.
    Through my energy-engulfed mind, I raised my head.
    And terrified, dug my claws in, struggling to control myself, as I slithered over the smooth floor. My energy levels were still peaked, but the sudden rush of fear was enough to briefly engulf them.
    From the shadows, a shape had clarified, and now hovered, motionless over me, its core gem gently glinting in the light of my flames.
    Its orange surface sparkled, shimmering constantly, as its five legs burst out, compact, motionless, as it slowly lowered to the ground in front of me.
    A Staryu.
    And it wanted to battle. I’d known the minute it had appeared in front of me. They didn’t attack me as they had done Omega; he had at least shown them some respect, but I, I’d barged straight into their territory, even after seeing their defences.
    Trembling, I backed up slowly; I’d only ever won one battle before-how was I too compete against something that had a type advantage?

‘Flash…..remember your Hidden Power.’
    Hidden Power?
    Then I froze, and felt my heart jump. Of course… I had an attack that had a type advantage over it.
    And as son as I’d thought that; as soon as my mind locked onto a way to win, the adrenaline burst back, full flow, banishing the fear and terror, and filling my mind with my own sense of power.
    I looked at the Staryu and smirked to myself. They thought they were so clever, well, this was going to be fun.

Fight!
    Flash (Cyndaquil L11 M)
    Vs
    Staryu (L15)

For a split second, the two us stayed frozen, motionless, eyeing each other up, taking our second measures.
    Then it struck; with a rush of air, its body suddenly spun round, and a jet of vibrant blue water came bursting from one of its legs, and plummeted towards me.
    Easy. If that was all it had, then this’d be more fun than I thought.
    Grinning, feeling the adrenaline gripping my body, I reared back, watching the flow of water, feeling the warmth on my neck as the Matches I wore began to glow, a steady, pulsing glow.
    Seconds out, I jumped up, soaring over the water, landing, my legs slipping over the floor, then hurtled forwards, my body rushing into the wind as I plunged forwards. The surroundings, my team-mates, the Staryu, blurred, as I hurtled round, my speed giving me a rush of pure power.
    You’ll never catch me!
    Another stream of water came bursting from its legs; easily swerving, I jumped up, using my speed to give me the momentum to leap clear over its head.
    ‘Loser! Hahaha.’
    And as it hurtled desperately round, trying to track me, I focused, dragging out the power within me, just as I had seen Omega do earlier.
    And, just as I’d seen, a ring of glowing, pure white, pulsing orbs, began to form round my body, spinning in an ever increasing circle, all the while sending their light cascading down into the shadows.
    Ahead, I saw the Staryu twisting to perform another Water Gun attack; no problem there.
    Snapping my attention to focus on my opponent, I smiled as the orbs suddenly exploded out, hurtling towards the other Pokémon, twisting and writhing as they did so, forming long, white vines, that looped round the Staryu’s body, encasing it in an unbreakable net.
    I let out a cheer, feeling pleased with myself. My luck in having a Grass Hidden Power was just that, and was going to win me this match, I knew it.

‘Flash, you haven’t won yet. Try to do something to prevent it from attacking you.’
    Simple.
    Taking a deep breath, I exhaled, and sent a cloud of noxious, black-grey gas streaming over the ground; rising into the air, entirely covering our makeshift ‘arena’.
    From around, I could hear the muffled screams and cries as the other Pokémon backed away, gasping for air, as my Smokescreen swelled.
    But nothing came from the centre of the cloud, where the Staryu had been. Of course, it couldn’t speak, so couldn’t cry out, but I’d have expected there to have been some sort of sign that it was in pain.
    Or had I already beaten it?
    Or…. I froze.
    From inside the cloud came a low, steady, monotonous roar, low at first, just a rumble; but then gradually increasing in strength.
    At the same time, I noticed something strange about my Smokescreen; it was gently beginning to move, slowly at first, then faster and faster, whirling round, writhing into a spinning column.
    A column feet higher than me… metres higher than me.
    Then it exploded, as the true source finally burst through…a massive, spinning, writhing, water tornado.
    The Staryu was using Whirlpool.
    My adrenaline formed confidence faltered, flickered, then died.
    The whirlpool loomed over me; already, I could feel the drag of the wind as it was sucked in, dragged into the vortex as the water hurtled round. Sprays of water cascaded from it, drenching the smooth crystal with sparkling drops, until it shimmered like glass.

‘Flash, RUN!’
    I heard her, but couldn’t move…. Then to my horror, I felt the flames on my back flicker and drop, as my adrenaline-fuelled energy finally plummeted.
    No energy meant no attacks. I knew that. So did it.

‘FLASH! Get OUT of there.’
    ‘Don’t lose this fight as well.’
    His cheap dig jolted me inside, dragging me free of my frozen state; I’d show him, I had my pride, I…..
    But I was too late. The drag of air was now unbearable, pulling me in.
    Terrified, I spun and tried to flee, my claws skittering over the polished crystal, desperately trying to tap into my speed, my advantage.
    But it couldn’t help me here; I’d left it too late, and with a wail, I felt my body be lifted off the air and hurtle back; felt my spine judder with pain as it slammed into a wall of water as solid as concrete.
    For a second-one unbearable second-, my body thrashed against the concrete wall of water, then the drag pulled me further in, and then I was submerged.
    The rush of water filled my mind, the pull dragged me from side to side, as I hurtled round in a never ending circle, unsure of where I was, what way I was facing.
    Then something slammed into my side, something that wasn’t the pressure of the water; something sharp, with a solid-ness that seemed almost unnatural in the flow of water.
    The Staryu.
    Tackling me while I thrashed, helpless, inside its vortex.
    Screaming my fear, I terrifidly flung my legs out, attempting to… what? Swim. Fly. Anything to get out of the stream of water.
    Then suddenly, I was free… kind of.
    My body slammed into the hard crystal of the floor; but I was still surrounded by the whirlpool; it had knocked me into the eye of its attack… and now it was hovering above me, preparing its next attack, as all I could do was gasp, pressing myself gladly against the solid floor.
    Above, the rush of air as it flowed over the Staryu’s body changed, became a whirl as it spun round, using Rapid Spin to hurtle towards me.
    Forcing myself up, I caught a glimpse of its rapidly circling body, before it slammed into me, pushing me back, back into the water, then through, as its own attack destroyed its previous one.
    I caught a glimpse of the sky, of the constantly shifting shadows, even my own team-mates, before I slammed, head over-heels into the crystal, before steadily sliding to a stop.
    Weakly, I raised my head and saw it hovering, motionless again, except…. except its core was beginning to glow, a gentle, beating glow.
    My heart plummeted.
    Oh no.
    The light brightened, covering its whole body, then rapidly diminished.
    Recover.
    My attack had been useless. I wouldn’t be able to deal enough damage to it to take it down if it could just Recover.
    Its body glistened more now, sparkling, catching glints of the most random of objects.
    But not my flames.
    Plunging into the water had extinguished them, and now my main form of offence was gone; my sopping wet body would prevent my flames from going again- even without trying, I knew that, and felt the despair collapse over me.
    From the Staryu’s direction, something… crackled?

‘Heads up Flash!…….GET OUT OF THE WAY, YOU IDIOT!’
    Huh?
    I looked up; the Staryu’s body was glowing, a steady, yellow glow of electricity was flowing freely over its legs, crackling over its surface, before condensing into a pulsing ball at its centre.

‘That’s Zap Cannon, move!’
    Panicking, I struggled up, and plunged to the side, feeling a rush of relief that my speed remained.
    A rush of air; a crackle of static, and the ball of electricity burst free, plunging with a crash onto the crystal floor where I had stood, sending cascades of yellow-orange sparks bouncing over the crystal, their light reflected in the smatterings of water that still covered the area.
    Skidding slightly, I repeated my earlier manoeuvre, accelerating until my vision blurred, spinning round the Staryu, pushing it to its breaking point, before dodging underneath, then leaping up; flinging my head to the heavens, and Howling. For a second, I felt the rush of power, the knowledge that I could fight, then flung forwards, Headbutting it as hard as I could in the back.
    My head slammed into it, then bounced off, my eyes streaming, as it threw out a wall of resistance with its Harden; countering my offence technique with a defence one; tumbling onto the wet ground, I stumbled to my feet, desperately putting as much distance between us as I could.
    Physical attacks weren’t going to help me either.
    What was I supposed to do now?
    As if in answer, it suddenly spun horizontal, whipping round in ever-increasing speed, while from all five of its legs, streams of water plummeted out, before being dragged round, forming the spiral of water again.
    Terrified, I spun round and ran.

~Omega~

‘Does he even have a chance of winning this?’
    I glanced at the Staryu as its Whirlpool increased in size, forming the unbeatable tornado of water again.

‘He could do, but he’s panicking now.’
    ‘But would his Hidden Power be enough to beat it? He can’t even attack it properly now. And it can Recover any health lost as well.’
    ‘I know, but….. hang on, if he got his flames working again, maybe his Flamethrower could work?’
    ‘Um, what?’
    ‘Think about it, what additional effect can Flamethrower have? If he pulled it off and combined it with his attacks, then he might be able to win.’
    ‘Oh, I get you. But he can’t use his flames, so he can’t use any Fire attack.’
    ‘We’ll see. FLASH! Get as close as you can so the pull of the air from that Whirlpool can catch you, but not close enough to drag you in.’
    ‘Excuse me?’
    ‘Watch him. If he pulls it off, he should be fine.’

~Flash~

What was she on? I was to virtually offer myself to that Whirlpool?

‘Flash, do it.’
    But what else did I have to do?
    Closing my eyes to concentrate better, I slowed down, carefully turning my body to the wind, feeling its force tugging at my body. One slip and I’d go flying straight into the water.
    What was she playing at?

‘That’s the way, keep at that distance, you’re doing great.’
    Trembling against the exertion, I stepped back, feeling my way along the crystal carefully, aware that one mistake could make me lose.
    Then suddenly, I felt my energy flicker, and felt a jolt of shock.

‘Perfect, keep it up.’

~Omega~

‘Will you please tell me what’s going on?’

‘Simple. The force of that air as it tears at his fur is drying him off, and because he’s keeping at a certain distance away, it also means that even though he may be getting hit from some spray from the water, the wind is strong enough to cancel the effect out.’
    ‘Woah.’

~Flash~

Woah… my, my energy levels were rising again! I could feel my power returning, and felt a rush of triumph.
    You haven’t beaten me yet, buddy.
    ‘Cynda….QUIL!’
    With a rush of heat, and an explosion of colour, the flames on my back ignited, causing layers of steam to burst into the air, as the spray and flames met.
    Energised, I didn’t need an instructions; turning, I plunged forward, accelerating away from the Staryu’s lethal trap, before spinning round and focusing again.

‘Get it out of the Whirlpool, Flash.’
    Without waiting a second, I inhaled then blew out the jet of fire, the flickering, red-orange-yellow flames writhing together, hurtling towards the water; with an all-enveloping hiss, the two elements combined, causing clouds of steam to ignite, covering the battle field.
    My body shook with the force, but I forced myself to keep focus; my plan was simple- by blocking its vision, I was owing to the fact that it wouldn’t attempt to continue such a potentially lethal attack virtually blinded. And seeing as it had swept my last Smokescreen away, then I’d figured that I may as well try and use its own attack against it.
    And my idea seemed to have worked; with a sudden swirl of colour, the Staryu broke free of its enclosed space and hurtled down towards me, trying to hit me with its Rapid Spin again.

‘Flash, burn it.’
    Piece of cake.
    Accelerating away, I spun under it, before lashing its back with my Flamethrower, sending burning embers plummeting to the floor, where they shivered and flared before dying. Not wanting to risk checking if it was burnt, I instantly lashed out again…. and again…… and again, knowing from the light shining from its body that is was simply Recovering again.
    But that was ok; if it did get burnt, then it could Recover all it liked, it wouldn’t be able to shake it.
    Then it suddenly froze, before beginning to spasm, as a crust of black burst onto the tip of one of its legs, rapidly increasing in size as it began to cover the rest of the leg.
    Bingo.
    Instantly, its body began to glow the gentle colour again as it Recovered, but why should I worry? It was burnt, and that was that.
    And it knew. Convulsing, it suddenly broke free from its regenerating, as its core suddenly flashed a bright, cerulean blue.
    Instinctively, I flung myself forward, as a stream of vibrant, glistening bubbles tore out from its core, pounding into the ground, exploding into streams of water.
    So, rather than focus on its own recovery, it was going to attempt to get me out of the way.
    Well sorry pal, I wasn’t going to forfeit this match.
    Focusing, I formed the ring of white orbs again, before blasting them into its shell; the white vines lashing securely around its whole body, as it convulsed again, desperately attempting to shake them off.
    No way.
    Focusing again, I sent another wave of my Hidden Power tumbling towards it, then another, coating it until its whole shell was a glowing white figure, spasming in the air.
    It was being injured, couldn’t recover, and was being continually burnt.
    I’d won.
    I smiled and looked towards my team-mates, raising my arms triumphantly.

‘Flash, behind you.’
    Huh?
    I spun round, just as, with a resounding scream, the Staryu’s Whirlpool exploded through my Hidden Power net, encircling it, before seizing me in its vice-grip.
    My body thrashed in the vortex, before I was flung free, slamming into the rock-hard crystal, where I sprawled, breathless again. My mind flickered, then dimmed; I could sense the Staryu hovering closer, but couldn’t even raise the energy to lift my head.
    I’d lost again.

~Omega~

‘Oh no. I’d thought he’d won for sure.’
    Hannah said nothing, just watched through narrowed eyes, as the Staryu’s core began to glow the same, incredible blue as it prepared for another Bubblebeam.

‘He’ll be ok.’
    ‘Um, what?’
    ‘Look.’
    Confused, I frowned and glanced back at Flash.
    And froze.
    His whole body was beginning to glow….. no, he wasn’t glowing-the flame that was forming round his body; that was what was glowing. And now it was increasing, both in strength and size, until his whole body outline was only a shimmering, pulsing shadow in the lashing of heat.
    Then it struck me.
    ‘Of course, his trait’s Blaze!’

‘Yes, and it’s just been activated- and from the looks of it, something similar to what happened to you is happening to him.’

~Flash~

My eyes snapped open; through the gently licking flame, I saw the motionless shape of the Staryu, saw its core still shining, but briefly, briefly hesitant, unsure what was happening.
    And now, over half its body was black, charred, burnt.
    Then with a scream, I flung my head back, and unleashed a roar of red flames, tearing deep into its body, felt the force shudder through my whole body, as my legs shook and my mind struggled to continue.
    How’d I just learn Overheat?
    Then with a gasp, I stopped, feeling my power and energy plummet again; in front, the Staryu hung, silent, its body scorched with the remains of my attack.
    Then with a low crack, the charred, burnt crust flickered and exploded into its core; it flashed once, then shattered, the particles cascading and tapping onto the crystal.
    Then it collapsed, thudding onto the ground.

I won!

A low murmur ran through the crowd of Pokémon, as they looked from me to the Staryu and back again; weakly, I looked up and smiled as Hannah and Omega came running over, looking amazed.

‘That was incredible!’
    ‘It sure was, well done pal.’
    I nodded, thankful of their compliments; as Hannah bent down to scoop me back up, Omega frowned and glanced round.
    ‘Now what?’

Just a small reminder. You have about nine more hours left till the deadline. Good Luck.

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM

***SLARTIBARTFAST*** Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yeah, I know it’s a bit late, but it did take me quite a while.
    Orsinal’s TM will be Toxic.

*~*~*~* The Solar Games: Part II *~*~*~*

Neitiel ambled back to his trainer’s side, his eyes stolid and indifferent as always. He did not speak and did not even glance at Elessar, as if the entire battle with the Pikachu had not happened. There was an awkward silence between the two birds, only broken by the distant yells and growls of other Pokemon as they continued to fight.
    Elessar cleared his throat and looked down at his Natu, smiling to show his joy at their victory. But Neitiel continued to stare forward, even though his opponent had already been recalled and there was nothing there except the glistening walls of the cliff.
    “Well, Neitiel,” said Elessar, breaking the silence, “You pulled through once again. See? Not only did you win against a Pokemon with a type advantage over you, but you also conquered your fear of darkness!”
    Neitiel did not reply, but shook his head.
    “No? What do you mean, no?”
    Neitiel turned to face his trainer. “I did not engage in combat merely to surmount this inconsequential misgiving. I did so for the sake of my pride, which I deem of far greater value.”
    Elessar shook his head and sighed, but found this amusing. “Looks like some things don’t change.”
    Something heavy slammed into the ground behind them, throwing a cloud of dust into the air. Elessar turned around just in time to see an unconscious Geodude being engulfed by a red light and returned to its PokeBall. Frank quickly ran up, panting slightly.
    “Some of the other trainers are still battling,” he said. “But we can’t wait for them. We’ll have to continue on.”
    Elessar nodded and looked around. Three other figures approached with their Pokemon. “Who else is coming along?” he asked.
    “Only Shonta, Hannah, and Amy. So basically our group got cut in half.” Frank grabbed one of the ropes and pressed his feet against the wall, beginning another ascent up the tall crystal cliff. “But don’t worry, we’re going to solve this problem. I hope.” As the other trainers mustered their strength to start their arduous climb, Elessar spread his wings and flew back to the top of the cliffs. Orsinal landed next to him, one foot touching the ground while the other stayed hidden amongst his downy feathers. And Neitiel soon joined them, swiftly and deftly clambering up the vertical slope.
    As they waited for the others to reach the top, Elessar checked on the condition of his two bird Pokemon. “You guys all right? Not too tired or anything?”
    “Adequate at best,” Neitiel shrugged.
    “Same here,” Orsinal replied. “I haven’t done anything at all in this little mission.”
    “Have patience, Orsinal,” said Elessar. “Your time will come. You might even get to battle!”
    “Oh, I’m patient all right, as patient as a bird can get. But patience can only last so long.”
    The rope nearest to them shook, signaling that the climbers are almost at the top. Elessar helped the others lift themselves over the edge and get back on their feet. They were exhausted and so were their Pokemon. But determination marked their faces as they stood up and marched forward, following Frank’s lantern.
    Only five steps later, they came to a halt. In front of the warm glow of the lantern was another light, except it was red and more eerie. Four Pokemon stood around it and the light came from a Staryu in front, its red jewel radiating in the darkness. Each of the four creatures seemed aged and weather-beaten, as if they had just finished a long journey in the wilderness. A Hitmonchan stood next to the Staryu, his once purple clothes ragged and faded until it was dull gray. A Sableye crouched contentedly on the ground, the luster gone from his diamond eyes. Even the Staryu itself seemed old, its five points drooping forlornly. But the Pokemon that caught Elessar’s attention was an Electabuzz that stood behind the Staryu. Unlike most Electabuzz, with their stout bodies and muscular arms, this one was tall and lanky, almost malnourished. His tail was long and slender like a monkey’s and his face was not fierce like an Electabuzz’s should be, but far more calm and composed.
    The unusual electric Pokemon was the first to step forward and speak. “Welcome, travelers, to the Shrine of the Sun. I am Raiji.” His voice was soft, yet steady and clear. “We see that you are here on a mission, most likely concerning this missing sun. But you shall not proceed any further unless you pass a test.” Raiji turned around and so did the other Pokemon. The Staryu cast its crimson light on the ground in front of them, making the crystal material glisten. Two large circles were engraved into the crystal, the area in each smooth and polished.
    “The test will be a battle,” the Electabuzz continued, “One versus one. Two battles will be conducted at a time.” The Pokemon turned to face the trainers again. No one else spoke, as if each Pokemon was programmed for this and each trainer knew this would happen. The Hitmonchan walked forward with a slightly bent posture and pointed to one of the trainers – Amy. Elessar frowned, wishing the Hitmonchan had chosen him. At least he would have had a type-advantage this time. Raiji was next, moving towards them with his long, lean arms nearly scraping the ground. He pointed his finger down until his untrimmed claw almost touched Elessar’s beak. Elessar felt his heart sink. An Electabuzz? Neither Neitiel nor Orsinal had a chance against any electric attack this Pokemon might possess. But like his Natu, he did not want to appear like a coward in front of his Pokemon and the other trainers. He merely nodded.
    The two chosen trainers marched forward onto the designated battle arenas. Elessar and Raiji took the one on the left. The surface of the arena was as slick as ice, but Raiji did not slip or falter when he stepped onto it. But Elessar had a more pressing issue on his mind – which Pokemon to use. Both his Natu and his Hoothoot were at the same disadvantage. But Neitiel had already battled and Orsinal had not.
    “Orsinal, remember how I said your time will come?” Elessar asked. The Hoothoot nodded, his wide red eyes staring at his opponent. “Well, that time is now.”

*~*~*BATTLE! Orsinal (Lv. 11 Male Hoothoot) vs. Raiji (Lv. 15 Male Electabuzz)*~*~*

Orsinal hopped onto the edge of the arena, directly across from his opponent. The two Pokemon seemed to be standing on water, their reflections appearing perfectly beneath them. Suddenly, the red glow created by the Staryu flashed to green, signaling the start of the battle. Elessar expected Raiji to be faster and strike first, but he did not move.
    “Seeing as I have a type advantage over your Hoothoot, I will allow you to make the first move.” Both Elessar and Orsinal were taken by surprise. If Raiji continued to act like this throughout the entire battle, they might actually have a chance at winning.
    “All right, Orsinal, let’s make this first attack count,” said Elessar. “Use Hidden Power Ice.” The Hoothoot nodded and closed his eyes, summoning the elemental power of ice within him. As he did, several glowing orbs circled around him, spinning faster and faster as Orsinal gathered energy. The moment he reopened his eyes, the small spheres shot forth, combining into one large orb. Raiji made no attempt to dodge the attack. His faced was calm, yet focused, as the orb streaked towards him.
    Why isn’t he moving?, Elessar wondered. Then he gasped. In the blink of an eye, Raiji had split into three copies. The Hidden Power struck the center image, which instantly vanished as the orb passed through and hurtled into the darkness. There was a brief silence, followed by a distant rumble as the orb crashed into a tree or a rock. Orsinal blinked, not believing his eyes. It seemed both Elessar and Orsinal had misjudged the Electabuzz simply from his withered appearance. In his old age, Raiji must have accumulated a wealth of experience from battling tough opponents.
    Now faced with two identical Electabuzzes standing in front of them, Elessar anticipated a powerful electric attack. But not a single spark arose from the old creature’s body. Instead, Raiji sat down, crossed his legs, and folded his hands in his lap. His eyes were closed and he breathed steadily as if he was fast asleep.
    “What on earth is he doing?” Elessar whispered out loud.
    “Meditate,” Neitiel answered from behind him. “With no efficacious attack to fear, Raiji can repose and remain in a tranquil state, enhancing mental and physical potency before commencing a formidable assault.”
    “Gee thanks, Neitiel, that’s really encouraging.”
    “Perhaps I can be of assistance?”
    “No, Orsinal and I are going to win this one by our selves.”
    “Obstinate simpleton,” Neitiel said bitterly. Elessar ignored him and turned his attention back on the battle. With the two Raijis still meditating, there was a fifty percent chance of hitting the real opponent. Elessar quickly made his decision and gave Orsinal his command.
    “Now, Orsinal, hit the Electabuzz on the right.” The Hoothoot obeyed, his large circular eyes glowing bright blue. When the image on the left disappeared, Elessar knew the attack had hit. Raiji winced in pain as his entire body was shrouded by the same blue radiance. But the psychic attack lasted for only two seconds until there was a bright flash and a large transparent shield materialized. A Light Screen was formed, deflecting all special attacks. The Hoothoot’s psychic grasp on the Electabuzz was broken and the blue glow around Raiji’s body evaporated like mist.
    “Shoot! The only attacks Orsinal has now are weak physical ones.” Elessar sighed. His Hoothoot had taken absolutely no damage yet, but may suffer from severe fatigue if this battle continues for long. “No matter, we’re getting desperate here. Orsinal, try to Tackle him!” The little owl fluttered his wings, lifting himself into the air before rushing forward. He quickly closed in on the Electabuzz, still deep in meditation beneath his protective dome. BAM! Orsinal fell to the ground, shocked and dazed. When he opened his eyes, the world seemed to swirl in front of him and his forehead throbbed.
    “Ooooh…” the Hoothoot moaned. “What a wallop! What happened?” He glanced in front of him. Raiji was still sitting there, as motionless as a rock except for the rhytimic swaying of his tail.
    “Don’t tell me that he knows Reflect as well!” Elessar exclaimed.
    “That was no Reflect,” replied Neitiel. “It was Barrier.”
    Elessar groaned. A mixture of frustration and anger churned inside him. Any normal Electabuzz would have won the battle right now. Why was this guy being so defensive? Elessar laughed at the irony of the situation, a weak feeble laugh. Instead of hoping his opponent would not be too powerful, he wished the Electabuzz would just end the battle with a powerful Thunderpunch or something.
    “All right, Raiji, why are you doing this?” Elessar called out, exasperated.
    Raiji finally opened his eyes, although he did not look up at him. He simply stared vacantly at his lap.
    “Doing what?” came his voice, calm and deep.
    “Why are you battling so defensively? You could’ve won this a long time ago!” A silence fell between the bird and the beast, as if the Electabuzz was pondering an answer. While Raiji sat contentedly, his head still tilted downwards, Elessar was anxious and irritated. Orsinal appeared confused at this interruption in their battle and rocked nervously on his one foot. Suddenly, Raiji’s head bolted up, as if he had come across an answer.
    “Tell me,” he said, “What’s your battle strategy?” Elessar was taken aback by this response. He was not expecting a question like this.
    “My strategy? Well, I just use the most effective attacks against my opponents. I teach my Pokemon a lot of TMs and stuff, so finding a good attack isn’t really a problem.”
    Raiji nodded. “A good plan, but not entirely helpful.”
    “What do you mean?”
    “You and your Pokemon may have the strength and the diversity in attacks, but you lack patience. Patience is just as important, and probably even more so. Without, you will make serious errors that may cost you the battle. I was once a hyperactive Elekid who never had much patience for anything. But I soon learned the value of it, and from then on, my strategy has been to build up my strength and defenses at the start of every battle.” Raiji finally got on his feet. “Now, let’s continue the battle, shall we?” He made a waving gesture with his arms like a magician. Both the Light Screen and the Barrier faded and disappeared.
    So it’s patience he wants, Elessar pondered. Well, that’s not so hard. Orsinal is the most patient bird I know! Now, what attack would be useful here? Elessar watched Raiji carefully. It all seemed much clearer now. Pumped with energy and adrenaline at the start of a battle, most Pokemon and their trainers either overestimate their opponent or worry about how the battle will end. They become to bold or too agitated as the battle progresses, which means making mistakes is far easier. Raiji has avoided this by remaining calm and focused the entire time.
    With his strength greatly enhanced from the prolonged meditation, Raiji quickly Double Teamed once more, splitting into another three copies. But Elessar was ready this time.
    “Orsinal, get rid of the fake images with Foresight!” The Hoothoot’s large circular eyes glowed brightly, shooting forth two red beams like the headlights of a car. Sweeping through the circular arena, Raiji’s illusions were shattered as the right and center images immediately vanished, leaving a lone Electabuzz standing to the left. Raiji did not seem to mind, keeping his face serene and poised. Orsinal mimicked his expression, relaxing his eyes and drooping his wings to show that he can be patient as well.
    “Great! Now give that Electabuzz a Toxic attack!” said Elessar. Still trying to remain calm, Orsinal spewed a stream of purple substance at his opponent. The poisonous liquid splattered across Raiji’s head and chest, staining his dull yellow coat. For a second, Raiji winced as the toxins stung his skin and worked its way into his body. But his calm composure soon returned and he wiped the excess liquid off his face with his arm.
    Elessar was glad the attack hit successfully, but wished he had used it sooner. If Raiji had been badly poisoned at the start of the battle, he would already have fainted by now. Just then, the Electabuzz’s tail started to glow white as he prepared for an Iron Tail attack. Finally, an offensive move!
    Elessar was actually happy to see the old Electabuzz actually attack. But his brief moment of joy was quickly shattered. Raiji leapt up, did an incredible somersault in midair and flung his glowing tail downwards. Orsinal was stunned. What happened to patience? No time to think, the owl hopped aside to dodge the attack. But it was too late. There was a loud crunch, as the metallic tail slammed into the floor of the crystalline arena. Shards of crystal flew up into the air and rained back down again. At first, Orsinal felt no pain but then his right wing began to hurt like never before, as if a cement brick had been thrown on top of it. He toppled sideways, cringing in pain.
    Elessar gasped, not only at his Pokemon’s condition, but also at the expression on Raiji’s face. The Electabuzz was actually smiling, his eyes glinting with a fierceness Elessar had never seen before. It was as though Raiji had removed a mask and revealed the true fighter deep inside.
    “You see what a little patience can do?” he growled, his voice now louder and more ferocious. “My meditation has given me a massive boost in strength!”
    Orsinal staggered back up, sticking both of his feet out to stand. A few of the feathers on his injured wing were now scattered across the ground, mixed with the shattered crystal. Luckily the attack did not strike his head or else he would certainly have fainted.
    Trying not to let the fear of losing overwhelm his mind, Elessar remained calm. With his opponent poisoned, the only thing left to do was to wait for the toxins to chip away at the Electabuzz’s health before ending the battle with a powerful blow. If he could last that long…
    “Now protect yourself with Reflect!” Orsinal immediately complied, forming a large protective dome above him. He breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that he was safe from any future physical attacks. But what if his opponent uses an Electric attack?
    That was exactly what Raiji was about to use next. He formed a fist with his right hand, generating an electric current through it. Sparks flashed, shining brightly in the darkness. A Thunderpunch was forming.
    “Quick, Orsinal! Mist Ball, Mist Ball!” The owl breathed deeply, focusing his psychic energy on creating a large white orb. Across from him, Raiji’s fist crackled with an enormous amount of electricity. A tiny sphere appeared in front of Orsinal, growing bigger. Raiji rushed at the owl. The sphere kept growing. His fist was raised into the air. The sphere was at maximum size. The fist swung down, passing through the Reflect shield. Orsinal blasted the sphere forward.
    A bright flash.
    The loud crackle of electricity was heard, but then there was silence as mist filled the area around the two combatants. Elessar held his breath. Even Neitiel was intent on finding out what happened. The mist began to disperse and revealed that both combatants were still standing. Elessar was relieved. Though Orsinal still suffered damaged, as shown by his slightly charred feathers, the main plan behind Mist Ball was to lower Raiji’s special attack enough that the Thunderpunch would not be as effective.
    Raiji’s eyes were wide open, expressing his surprise that the Hoothoot was still standing. Orsinal was exhausted now, panting heavily, but as he looked up at his opponent’s face, he saw something peculiar. Was Raiji crying? But no, the liquid near the Electabuzz’s eyes were not tears. They were the residue left over from Toxic. It was now that Raiji felt the full brunt of the Toxic’s effect. He stepped backwards with a sickly expression on his face. Then he raised his right fist again. Instead of crackling with electricity, it glowed green.
    What kind of a punch is that? Elessar thought.
    “Focus Punch,” Neitiel answered, having read his trainer’s mind. “Even with Reflect, a blow that devastating would certainly inflict a substantial amount of damage.”
    “Orsinal, try to break Raiji’s focus with a Psychic attack!” The owl’s eyes glowed blue again, attempting to shatter Raiji’s concentration by attacking him mentally. But his mind seemed to be made of steel and Orsinal’s psychic abilities were not strong enough to break through. The Electabuzz was summoning years of experience, using all that he learned and practiced about focusing his mind to make it nearly impenetrable. Raiji had already finished the focusing stage of Focus Punch. Next came the actual punch part. His fist seemed to have erupted in green flames as he glared menacingly at the little owl, rushing towards him.
    “This is it, Orsinal. Hit him with Hidden Power Ice!” The Hoothoot quickly closed his eyes to summon the attack. Patience, he kept telling himself, even though there was barely any time left before the Electabuzz’s glowing fist would be upon him.
    Just as Raiji hurled his fist forward, Orsinal fired his Hidden Power. The two attacks hit at nearly the same time; creating another bright flash in which both Pokemon fell backwards. The two combatants lied on their backs. Orsinal’s feathers were dirty and ruffled while Raiji’s coat was bruised and still stained by Toxic. Neither one moved for a while.
    Suddenly, Raiji’s arms twitched as he sat up, rubbing his sore forehead. There was a deep, aching feeling in his limbs as well as a painful bruise on his chest where the Hidden Power had struck. He looked at the Hoothoot still lying motionless in front of him. Did he faint? He had to give the little owl some credit; he was the strongest Flying-type he had battled in quite some time. He decided to give the bird some time. He was patient.
    For Elessar, time seemed to have stopped. He simply stared at his Hoothoot lying on the smooth crystal floor. Patience was a virtue, but now he wished Orsinal hurry and get back up. He did not faint, did he? Wait, did his wing just move? Yes, his left wing is moving! He did not faint!
    Joy rose within Elessar as he saw the large red eyes open. For a moment, Orsinal stared blankly at the dark sky, then remembered about his battle. He hopped back on his foot. The noise of the Focus Punch slamming into the Reflect shield still rang in his head. But when he looked at his opponent sitting in front of him, he realized the Electabuzz was…smiling at him? Yes, Raiji gave Orsinal a gentle smile before he fell back on the ground and did not move for the rest of the battle
    Elessar, Orsinal, and even Neitiel were too stunned to even move.
    Good things come to those who wait.

Orsinal won!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~*Arkeis.com - Pokemon art and game info!

Woo, more than two people posted this time Elessar, I'll let you slide, but with a small point penalty, just to make it more fair for everyone

Amy
    NOTES: Pretty good Poison Fang + Substitute combo was pretty creative, and a small suspensful moment where the Hitmonchan survives the Hyper Beam was good as well.
    CCPs: 9
    Levels: +3

Hannah
    NOTES: Good :O The description was pretty good, and the twists were plentiful and well executed. Also, that Whirlpool drying strategy was quite good. Very creative. Well done.
    CCPs: 15

Elessar
    NOTES: Good intro (y) Pretty Good. Quite a virtuous Electabuzz. The change of strategy was pretty good. All in all, good
    CCPs: 8
    ~~~~~
    Alright, the next round is gonna be a bit more interesting...we're going to try something new

The Solar Games – Round Three

As the final Pokemon fell, the adrenaline rushed through me. Finally, we were going to make it. We had braved a monumentus climb up a sheer wall with nothing but our Pokemon and ropes to help us. Now, felling a test of worth, we'd be crossing the threshold to a place where no human has placed foot in. Fixing the sunlight would be a plus as well.

As I looked up, I saw that the others had also come out of their battles victorious. I couldn't help but grin. Those Grunts definately did not come alone. No way they could have gotten up here alone...and they wouldn't be standing outside the merit test, guarding it if they had failed. What would be the point? Well, with our group, we could meet anything they toss at us.

Suddenly, the surroundings began to waver, as if reality itself was warping, crumbling. The Pokemon that had been our opponents began to dissipate, seemingly turn to dust. Suddenly, we found ourselves in a white void, two trainers short.

"Welcome to Sanctuary. Ha! I've always wanted to say that..."

We turned to see the Pidgeot from before, as well as an exausted looking Xatu and a proud-looking Charizard.

"Please excuse our deciet. We are the Guardians of the Shrine. I had said before, that that land was a holy place. Indeed it is. It is our duty to test the merit of those who enter the Shrine. But, the Shrine has been defiled. The God of the Sun has been captured and the wicked are planning to use it for chaotic things. Harnessing such power, they could destroy the world!" The Pidgeot looked at us with a grim look. "I fear we will have to face the God himself." The bird motioned to the Charizard. "Come, we shall assist in your quest, trainers. Your intentions are honorable. We shall fight for your cause."

In a bright flash, the white void vanished, and in its place, was the peak of the cliff, the crystal shimmering from the light blazing from the giant figure above...a Ho-oh...
    ~~~~~
    Alrighty. This round shall work a bit differently than the rest. I want to change how bland these Games are with a twist. For this match, you two finalists will be fighting the same opponent! You must collaborate with each other and have the battle set up, but having each of your battles from your own POVs. Sound interesting? I hope so

Hannah & Pidgeot Level 100 and Amy & Charizard Level 100 vs God of the Sun , Ho-oh Level 100

For such a task, I'll set the deadline to August 3rd, at Midnight PST, but feel free to ask for an extention if needed. Remember, this is the first time this has been tried, to my knowledge, so take your time. Remember to keep at least major points in the battles constant. Contradictions = bad

TPM IRC Chat

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Me and Amy've been talking, and could we possibly have the extension please?^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel(h)Obsessive
    Me and Amy've been talking, and could we possibly have the extension please?^_^
    Sure extra three weeks? August 24th sound good?

TPM IRC Chat

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Before story notes: We will be referring to Ho-oh as a he, even though it is genderless.

(Amy’s POV)

When Dakota’s battle was over, he slowly walked over to me. It was obvious to anyone that he was exhausted. So, when he laid down beside me, I gently placed the sleeping eevee in the safety of his paws. Minutes after I had hugged Dakota and walked a few steps away, both of them were sound asleep. I pulled off my pack and sat it down next to them. After making sure that they were as comfortable as possible, I rose up. It was then that I noticed that the others were finishing up their battles as well.

Smiling, I looked around before gasping. One by one, the defeated pokemon were shriveling up, eventually turning back to the dust of the earth. I closed my eyes and shook my head trying to make sense out of what just happened. When I opened my eyes again, I was in some place destitute of any signs of life except for a bright white light that encompassed everything. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath trying not to panic, which was easier said than done. I knew that I wasn’t dead for the simple fact that I could feel my heart pounding like a jackhammer in my chest. I took a couple more deep breaths before opening my eyes again. It was then that I realized that I was no longer alone. There with me was Frank and Hannah. They were each sporting the same expression of bewilderment that I wore.

“Welcome to Sanctuary.” I nearly jumped out of my skin because I hadn’t heard anyone approach. As one, we all turned around. I smiled in relief at the site that greeted us. It was the stately pidgeot from before. However, she wasn’t alone. With her was an exhausted Xatu as well as an imposing specimen of a charizard.

There was a moment of silence before the pidgeot spoke again. Her voice was strangely soothing, and soon my heart was back to beating at its normal pace. “Please excuse our deceit. We are the Guardians of the Shrine. My name is Rénar, and this,” she said pointing at the charizard with her wing, “is Hakan. I had said before, that that land was a holy place. Indeed it is. It is our duty to test the merit of those who enter the Shrine. But, the Shrine has been defiled. The God of the Sun has been captured and the wicked are planning to use it for chaotic things. Harnessing such power, they could destroy the world!" Rénar turned to look at us with a grim look plastered upon her face. “I fear we will have to face the God himself.” As she said that, there was a flash of light as we once more found ourselves back on the crystal. We heard a loud screech, and I looked up in time to see the magnificent Ho-oh. I gasped before quickly having to leap to the left to avoid getting hit by the Sacred Fire Attack. I sighed in relief that I was not burnt to a crisp. “Come, we shall assist you in your quest trainers. Your intentions are honorable. We shall fight for your cause.”

The pidgeot lowered her wing, allowing Hannah to climb up. “I guess that means that you’re coming with me then.” Hakan said, as he lowered himself so that I was able to climb up onto his back. With a few beats of his powerful wings, we were airborne. A quick glance around revealed that Hannah and Rénar were also in the air as well.

Hannah & Rénar L.100 F Pidgeot and Me & Hakan L.100 M Charizard VS. L.100 M Ho-oh

I noticed that Rénar was glowing as she rose high into the air. “We need to buy them some time.” I told Hakan and he nodded in agreement. “Leave it to me.” I could feel the movement of his powerful muscles underneath my legs as he pumped his wings. I held on tight as we flew towards Ho-oh. When we drew close I realized just how big Ho-oh was and I gasped. Hakan took in a deep breath, before he exploded with a jet of scalding hot flames. However, the magnificent bird pokemon was ready for it and nimbly dodged the attack. Then, before either of us had a chance to recover our bearings, the Ho-oh fired a stream of water at us. The water slammed into Hakan sending him tumbling backwards head over tail. During the tumbling, I lost my grip and fell off of his back.

I cried out in alarm, before starting to recite in my head the first thing that popped into my mind. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his names sake. Yea, though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for though are with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Then before I could finish it, I landed with a thud onto something and began rising. I slowly opened one eye, and smiled before opening my other eye. It was Hakan. I quickly threw my arms around his neck and gave him a heartfelt hug before quickly sitting up.

A squawk of pain drew my attention back to the battle. I looked up in time to see Ho-oh’s wing regaining its normal vibrant coloration, losing its drab silvery coloration. We swiftly flew up behind the Ho-oh, while he was being distracted by Rénar and Hannah. Hakan quickly grabbed him by his wings, before throwing the stunned bird to the ground. I didn’t even need excellent vision to tell that Ho-oh was furious. He gave an angry squawk as he rose into the air once more and, as if in response to the Ho-oh’s cry, rocks began rising high into the air. Immediately, I covered my head with my arms, but soon that proved unnecessary. I heard the thuds of rocks hitting something but, from the stability I felt from Hakan, I knew that it wasn’t us. Quickly opening my eyes, I could see the rocks striking a semi-transparent barrier and falling harmlessly back to the ground. When the ancient power assault was over, the charizard and pidgeot nodded at each other as the shield faded away. At first, I couldn’t see what Hakan was doing, but soon I found out as both of them released an intense beam of orangish energy at their opponent. The hyper beams took a lot of energy out of both pokemon, and they were trying to catch their breath and regain some of their energy from that attack.

I looked over at Ho-oh, and thought to myself that one more attack ought to do it. Almost as soon as that thought had entered my mind, than the Ho-oh was enveloped in a white glow and it looked as if his strength was slowly returning. Crap, I thought. Why did he have to go and recover. Luckily, by now though tired, Hakan was ready to attack again. I saw Rénar trying to catch the Ho-oh’s attention. When she had succeeded, she quickly used her double team. We immediately took advantage of our opponent’s distraction, as Hakan swiftly and silently flew up behind the large bird and slammed his glowing white hand into his opponent’s head. I winced, knowing that that had to have hurt. Then, the claws on his right hand began to glow with draconic energy, and he raked them across the Ho-oh’s back, leaving behind three deep red gashes cutting through the feathers.

Immediately after, Hakan performed a double team of his own, creating one copy. Despite his confusion, the Ho-oh managed to send out an electrical bolt of energy that was headed straight for us. I gasped, but luckily, it took out Hakan’s clone. However, it didn’t stop there, and unfortunately it struck the real Rénar and her clones immediately disappeared. The pidgeot wasn’t daunted to say the least. She immediately mirrored the Ho-oh’s thunderbolt and then used it against him.

As all of this was going on, illusions of swords appeared around Hakan and circled him a couple of times. During this time, Ho-oh was remaining eerily still, his eyes closed. When he opened them, it was obvious to everyone that he was no longer confused. “Damn, he used calm mind.” I heard Hakan mumble under his breath as he rose into the air, beating his powerful wings. When his foot began to glow, I realized that Hakan was lining up a mega kick attack. The Ho-oh just stayed where he was, smirking. He’s up to something. I thought to myself. Sure enough just before Hakan’s foot would have connected with Ho-oh’s head, he hit some kind of barrier and was sent flying backwards. “What was that?” I asked. “My guess would be reflect,” the charizard replied, “but that’s child’s play for me to get around.” The charizard turned his head and winked at me, before his eyes began to glow violet. “How?” I asked. “Just watch.” he replied as he once more rose high into the air. Yet again, Hakan dove foot first at the Ho-oh as his foot glowed white yet again. The Ho-oh continued to sit there, making no attempt to move, not even noticing that Hakan’s eyes were still glowing violet. Seconds later, Hakan’s foot connected squarely with the fire bird’s chest. The Ho-oh gave a surprised squawk before tumbling backwards a few feet before stopping as if it had landing in a huge upturned bowl. “What did you do?” I asked. “I simply used my hidden power, which is the psychic type, to turn his reflect shield upside down.” “You mean that you moved it so that instead of a dome above him, it was a bowl beneath him?” “Precisely.”

I saw Hannah waving at us out of my peripheral vision. “I wonder what they want.” “I’ll ask them.” Hakan said shortly before he had to twist mid-air to avoid getting pummeled by an irate Ho-oh. “They want us to create a diversion.” “How?” I asked a split second before I remembered that his hidden power was psychic. “Never mind.” <Yeah.> he said as we darted in and out of Ho-oh’s reach. “I hope we can end this soon.” I muttered under my breath. <You and me both.> Hakan replied as he barely managed to avoid having his eyes meet the Ho-oh’s talons. <Hang on tight, cause we are outta here.> Hakan told me telepathically as he beat his powerful wings and we hauled but outta there just in time to see a barrage of rocks slamming into the Ho-oh.

The bird of fire gave a mighty squawk as the fire in his eyes burned with fury. The fire seemed to intensify to the point that it could no longer be contained inside his body. I gasped, because I knew what was coming. I had seen Lani use this very attack before, though it wasn’t’ nearly as strong as what this pokemon could do. I braced myself as the roaring wall of flames raced towards us. When it was mere inches away, I could no longer keep my eyes open, so I squeezed them shut as Hakan tensed up. The heat was to the point that it was unbearable, yet luckily, it was over in a few minutes. Hakan seemed to have taken the brunt of the attack has he was coated in a layer of black soot. An odor suggestion something was burning, alerted me to the fact that some of my hair had caught on fire. “Yikes!” I cried out as I quickly put out the tiny flame and sighed in relief. Hakan’s claws began to glow once more as we flew towards our opponent for what seemed like the millionth time that night. Hakan quickly raked the Ho-oh’s wings with his Dragon Claw, and before the Ho-oh could retaliate, he had thrown the Ho-oh to the ground once more. The Ho-oh rose from the ground, inhaling as he beat his powerful multi-colored wings. “Wonderful.” I managed to mutter before the Ho-oh exhaled his powerful attack. I have to admit watching Ho-oh use his sacred fire attack was an awe-inspiring sight, but I didn’t want to be turned into a crispy critter. Hakan tried to avoid it, but he wasn’t able to due to the fact that he was getting tired. Luckily, it wasn’t nearly as bad as I feared that it would have been, probably thanks to the fact that he had used overheat earlier. “Time to end this.” Hakan said aloud, surprising me. “You ready?” he called over at Rénar, who nodded her head. Soon as the two pokemon were lined up, one on one side of Ho-oh and the other on the other side, they once again launched hyper beams at the magnificent bird. He cried out one last time, before sinking into unconsciousness as gravity took over. Pushing themselves to the limits of their strength, the two pokemon dived after the Ho-oh and grabbed him in their talons and claws as they struggled to slow his descent. It wasn’t an easy task considering that he weighed more than both of them combined, yet they managed to succeed, as we all landed on the crystal.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I finally got it done Amy's already said about Ho-oh's gender.

~Hannah~

"I did it! I really did it!"
    Flash reared up on his hind legs, screaming triumphantly; laughing, I knelt down and scooped him up, hugging him close as I felt his new-found energy tremble through his body.
    ‘That was excellent, really, it was.’

"See? And after all he said as well, he…"
    ‘AIIYAHHH!’
    Omega’s voice suddenly rent through the air, terrified; looking up in alarm, I felt a jolt instantly tear through my body, as I saw the motionless body of the Staryu suddenly flicker and disintegrate, flying out into particles of dust as a strange, unearthly light began to glisten over the battlefield.
    "What’s happening?"
    Omega spun round, panic stricken, the same, unnatural glow now playing over his body, which suddenly began to waver, merging with the body of light; Flash screamed in alarm, twisting in my arms, his flames now bright white, pouring light that seeped over his body.
    "FLASH"
    Grabbing at his paw, I felt only the briefest of sensations, like the tickle of sunlight playing across my skin, before his rapidly fading body flickered and vanished.
    Feeling sick, I stumbled back, staring in horror at the surroundings…or at least, if they could be called surroundings, when all that was visible was light, that encompassed everything, no shadows, no difference in light or dark.
    Spinning round, I suddenly felt a rush of relief, and felt some of the frenzied panic die down as I noticed the two familiar figures; forcing a weak smile I hesitated, before edging closer, hoping that this just wasn’t a trick created by whatever it was creating this light.

‘Welcome to Sanctuary. Ha! I've always wanted to say that..."

A slow rush of wings suddenly broke through the silence brought about by the voice, as with a gentle shimmer, the light briefly tore apart, giving a glimpse back to the world we left, before flicking shut, as the three figures gently alighted on whatever it was holding us up.
    The speaker raised her tawny head, her eyes flashing across us, her expression one of acute knowledge and power; behind, one of her companions-a magnificent, muscular Charizard- helped a swooning Xatu to settle carefully on the ‘ground’.

"Please excuse our deceit. We are the Guardians of the Shrine. My name is Rénar, and this, is Hakan. I had said before, that that land was a holy place. Indeed it is. It is our duty to test the merit of those who enter the Shrine. But, the Shrine has been defiled. The God of the Sun has been captured and the wicked are planning to use it for chaotic things. Harnessing such power, they could destroy the world!"

Rénar lowered her head and fixed us all with a dark look, her eyes slowly playing over our expressions, before she turned and exchanged a grim look with the Charizard -Hakan- behind her.

"I fear we will have to face the God himself."

As if in answer, the Xatu gasped; the light dissolving away, re-creating the dark cliffs, the shattered crystal….the Pokémon.
    ‘Flash! Omega!’
    But before I could move to them, there came a warning cry from Rénar, as above, a light sparked, flared, plummeting down towards us, forming into a discernible shape.
    The rich red, sunlit yellow, pure, ice-white trimmed the massive wings that banked, supporting its body as it dived, the feathers rippling in the vicious breeze. Tiny flames flickered across its body, gently writhing around its wings, playing over its long, golden, streaming tail feathers, rushing up its neck, to create a halo of flame that twisted above its golden crest of feathers, looping through its slashing bill, as its eyes blazed out at us from their dark cover.
    Its massive wings scissored the air, pulling its body up from the dive, hovering, screaming out its challenge.
    To us.
    And in response, the flames that flashed over its body suddenly condensed, converging upwards, to form a writhing, ball of flame that pulsed outwards, before exploding, sending streams of light cascading down, as the flames burnt forwards.
    Instantly, there was a rush of movement as all there flung themselves to the side, scrambling away as the searing flames smashed into the crystal, melting away at even their sold lattice.

"Come, we shall assist in your quest, trainers. Your intentions are honourable. We shall fight for your cause."

Rénar clattered down in front of me, raising her wings in preparation to take-off.

“Hop on. We’ll look after you.”

Feeling sick again, I forced my eyes away from the looming figure above and tremblingly dug my hands into the soft, feathery down that ruffled over her back; springing forward as she lunged up, I felt a sudden rush of exhilaration that for an instant muffled even my fear of what exactly we were about to do.
    But as her wings powered down, throwing her body forward, I felt her angle slightly, powering up towards our opponent; to our side, I caught a glimpse of Amy and Hakan keeping pace, before a sudden shriek from above dragged my attention back.

Fight
    Me and Rénar (Pidgeot F L100) and Amy and Hakan (Charizard M L100)
    Vs
    God of Fire (Ho-oh M L100)

“Hold on, we outnumber him, we’ll be alright.”
    “He? I thought..”
    “Yes. I know. Quiet”
    Holding her body still, she began to hum softly, stretching out her wings to catch the never-ending breeze that whistled through the crystal below, before flinging itself up, to tear and brush against those who dared reach so high.
    Gradually, I felt her still, her body motionless, hundreds of metres above the ground. We were still moving forwards, but slowly, Ho-oh’s massive form not seeming to change, as a steady, rippling, pulsing glow began to form around Rénar, as her whole body began to shine, the same, pure white, ice-white colour that flashed in the Ho-oh’s wings.
    It was…disconcerting, sitting on something that seemed to have transformed from flesh, to light, living light. Digging my hands in an effort to stabilise myself, I again felt the strange, brush of sensation I had felt when I had grabbed at Flash.
    Raising my eyes to try to focus my mind on something else, I saw the orange speck that was Hakan swoop up, unleashing the jet of fire that his kind were so renowned for.
    But Ho-oh didn’t care.
    Smashing his beautiful wings together, he dropped, spinning over the burning flames easily, as a multitude of small, white orbs began to form over his body.
    “Get out of there!”
    That’s what I wanted to scream out, but the words caught in my throat, as with a rush of power, the orbs all condensed, before firing out as a stream of pure white water, hurtling into the form of the dragon, sending him crashing down, as the solitary figure on his back was wrenched off.
    Instantly, Rénar’s wings slammed down, sending us hurtling forwards as Ho-oh twisted in mid-air, turning to go after his next target.
    But Rénar took no apparent notice, even as his eyes sparked and he powered forwards to meet us; aiming, she twisted, predicting the attack that didn’t come, before slamming the weight of her whole body into his side.
    For a second, the rich, shimmering feathers swayed within hands reach, before above, his cry of pain changed to a crow of triumph.
    “Rénar!”
    Banking, she desperately spun to get away, to get her body away from his attack, but with a resounding, shattering crash, his shining, metallic wing came slamming down onto her left wing.
    Screaming out loud, she lurched away; digging my hands in tight, I felt her whole body spasm as the pain jolted through her flesh; above, I saw Ho-oh looming, saw his beady eyes fixing themselves on my injured partner.
    From behind him came an angry roar, and in a flash, Hakan’s head and neck burst into view behind Ho-h, as he sunk his claws into either wing and dragged him away, before spinning and flinging him down, down, hurtling into the rock-hard crystal, sending fragments hurtling in all directions, as those still on the ground scrambled for cover.
    As Hakan roared his triumph below, Rénar gasped, beating her wings hard to stay airborne, before relaxing as a sudden gust caught her feathers, lifting us up higher.
    “Are you….?”

“Sshhh.”
    As the breeze ruffled though her feathers again, she let out a low murmur, which stretched out, increasing to form a gently, rippling trill that weaved its way around her body; with a low shudder, a cloud of feathers suddenly twisted free, hurtling around her body.
    Enclosed in the vortex of swirling feathers, heart pounding, I felt some of the adrenaline pulsing in my mind begin to ease, soothed by the intricate patterns and eddies that littered through the mass of feathers.
    A resounding shriek from below dragged us both back; with a cloud of crystal fragments shimmering round his form, Ho-oh burst up, powering towards us, the malice streaming from his eyes visible even from so high above.
    Trembling, his eyes flashed once, and with an explosion of sound, the crystals of the mountain disintegrated, as streams of boulders plunged up, their rutted surfaces reflecting the light that streamed from the malevolent God.
    Dropping her wings, Rénar gently dropped down, humming quietly to herself, bringing us down to Hakan’s level, as the same, thin layer of light began to surround both their bodies.
    Even as the boulders hurtled towards us, the two Pokémon exchanged a meaningful look and gently beat their wings, hovering in the direct path of the attack; glancing across at Amy, I saw she had her eyes shut….not surprising really.
    The clanging thud instantly drew my attention forwards; the first boulder had struck, rebounding instantly, to be sent plummeting back, sending shards of rock cascading through the air.
    And so it happened each time, the boulders hurtling into our Pokémon’s defense, to be sent plunging back down.
    He had realised it.
    Screaming with hate, he tore towards us; reacting in an instant, both Rénar and Hakan focused and sent the same, pulsing orange beam plunging towards him, converging upon the same spot on his chest, sending clouds of feathers hurtling out.
    His eyes wide and staring, his wings frantically pounding the air, Ho-oh jolted back, a wordless scream tearing from his beak.
    Then his eyes snapped shut, then open, the malevolence returning in an instant, as a glowing white light rippled across his body, searing away the damage we’d already created; shining white feathers forming in place of those lost, before fading into the vivid red of his plumage.
    Oh excellent....not
    Panting, Rénar screamed out, even as Hakan plunged forwards, drawing Ho-oh’s attention towards us, as a shudder ran through her body.
    With a rush of air, two clones suddenly erupted from her sides; identical but fuzzy images, that crackled and blurred constantly against the pressure of the wind.
    It worked; Ho-oh’s attention was fixed on us now, now that we had created two more potential opponents for him to take on.
    Banking, Hakan swung his fist up, visibly trembling as he struggled to contain the power that tore through him as he slammed his fist directly into Ho-oh’s face, before twisting round and dragging his claws –now covered with writhing, intense, orange, unnatural flames- down his back.
    Even as Ho-oh screamed out, Rénar –swiftly followed by both her clones- dropped in, focusing, as her wings began to glow, before she shot back, bringing her wings snapping together, and sending a white, arrow shaped attack plunging into Ho-oh’s side.
    As his wings flailed desperately in the air, his eyes rolling madly in their sockets, both Rénar and Hakan pulled up, carefully watching to see what would happen as his confusion took hold.
    Snarling, Hakan’s body shimmered, as a blurred clone burst from his side, as Ho-oh let out a mad scream and let rush a shot of static electricity, which plunged out, crackling through the air, before another… and another tore free.
    Pounding their wings together, our Pokémon and their clones desperately tore round, plunging through the air as the bolts of lightning tore after us.
    From my left came a crackle, as with a faint flash, Hakan’s clone vanished as a bolt tore through it like paper.
    Rénar screamed; a split second later, I felt the tingle of static, and buried my head against her neck, as with a rush and a crackle, a jet of electricity plummeted into us.
    Pain tore through my whole body; I felt Rénar’s body convulse, before suddenly jolting free; through the crackling in my mind, I dimly felt her raise her wings, could feel the pain filled muscles screaming out in response.
    Then with a downward stroke, she burst forward, screaming out as an identical bolt burst from her body, spiralling into Ho-oh’s body, causing him to scream out, thrashing his wings desperately as we returned his own attack to him.
    Trembling, Rénar gasped for breath, gently performing a slowly curving loop as we surveyed the battle; on one side, Hakan’s eyes glittered as a barrage of faint swords spun round his body; on the other, Ho-oh screamed as he frantically tore at his own wing, as the confusion worked its magic.

“Are you alright?”
    “Yes, I’m fine, that was a nice Endure and Mirror Move.”
    “Thanks. I always knew it’d come in useful.”
    Tilting a wing, she slipped gently down and pulled up, feet above Hakan, who had paused, staring across at Ho-oh who had fallen silent, eyes closed, motionless.
    What the?
    Then his eyes snapped open.
    He wasn’t confused anymore.
    With a snap of wings, the Rénar and Hakan parted, he shooting directly to attack, while my companion swooped up, hovering above the battle, surveying it slowly, before closing her eyes again.
    Frowning as I watched the battle below, I bit my lip anxiously as Hakan was flung back, bouncing off of the shield Ho-oh had flung up around himself at the last moment.
    Then Rénar dropped; panicking, I grabbed her neck, before she pulled up; before she dropped again, her wings rising almost in exaggerated slowness, a wide sweep up, before a gentle relax down.
    Realising what it was she was doing, I chanced another look at the current battle, just in time to see –and hear- Ho-oh clatter down into…something, that held him up briefly, before he shrieked and took off.
    Taking my chance, I raised my hand, frantically waving at Amy and Hakan as they swooped past, hoping that they’d get the message.

“Done. Hold on tight.”
    Even Rénar’s voice had slowed down, seeming to gently echo out, long after she had finished speaking.
    Ducking down, I managed for an instant to catch sight of Hakan darting past Ho-oh, drawing attention away from us, before Rénar accelerated forwards, tucking her wings in to make her body as streamlined as possible; a flash of red signalled Ho-oh, before she hurtled past; lifting a wing, she stalled.
    Focusing, the barrage of white orbs formed round her body; as Ho-oh twisted in mid-air, they condensed, hurtling out as a multitude of miniature rocks that slammed into his neck and back; as he screamed in agony, Rénar dropped down again, swooping past, so close I felt the brush of feathers on my shoulder.
    Hakan’s roar alerted us, as did the sudden rise in heat, powering her wings down, Rénar frantically spun up, and even with her speed decrease, we only felt the slight ripple of heat, as the pillar of solid, searing, red-orange flames plunged past us, entirely encasing Amy and Hakan.
    Rénar gasped; feeling the nausea rising in my throat, I tore my eyes away, closing them, trembling.
    Hakan’s roar suddenly rung out; with a rush of flames, his body tore through, plunging forward, he scythed down onto Ho-oh’s neck with his flame-engulfed claw, before seizing his wings and hurtling him down.
    Plummeting, Rénar screwed her eyes up, smashing into his body, pulling away as Ho-oh tore down, twisting frantically in the air, before landing with a thud on the crystal.
    But he wasn’t giving up.
    Straining his muscles for one last assault, he swooped up, exhaling, screaming his hate, even as the flames engulfed his body, playing over his incredible plumage, turning it all into writhing flames, before tearing up, forming the ball of pure fire energy that exploded out, wraiths of hate, searing heat, bright orange-red-black flames, cascading towards us.
    Wincing, I tightened my grip, feeling the lick of unbearable flames rushing against my skin; burying my head down into the feathers covering Rénar’s neck I felt the cool rush of cold air soothe me, as with a final flash, the attack extinguished.
    Weakly raising my head, I saw the Ho-oh looming once more, his narrowed eyes surveying us slowly, waiting to see if we would fall or continue to fight.

“Time to end this. You ready?”
    Turning painfully, Rénar nodded her head at him, before they both banked up, focusing as the orange orb of pulsing light formed, then burst out, combining to hurtle into Ho-oh’s form, which spasmed once, his eyes suddenly blank and staring, before he slowly fell back, his body limp.

We won.

Dropping their wings and plummeting down, Rénar dug her claws into Ho-oh’s neck, with Hakan seizing his wings, before pulling up, struggling to slow his descent just enough to prevent him from slamming back down into the crystal again.
    Gently relaxing their claws, the two Pokémon let him drop the few centimetres to the floor, before clattering down next to him; sliding off Rénar’s back, I glanced over, thankfully noticing that my two Pokémon were still there, looking shaken, but alright.
    Placing one hand on Rénar’s neck, I caught her eye and smiled, suddenly curious as to what was going to happen now.

I know I'm late with this ._.;;; Sorry everyone I've been a bit busy, but I finally got around to reading the battles and writing up the conclusion to the games

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for participating in The Solar Games Hope you all had fun

For all the participants and workers, grab a one time release TM Remember , this TM shall never be given out again Enjoy your free Struggle TM

Alrighty lets move on to the main awards

In third and fourth place, each recieving a Master Ball, an SM, and 25 CCPs...

Shonta and Elessar! Congrats.

In Second place, recieving a Sunlight Sunflora, 3 SMs, and 50 CCPs...

Amy!

Amy
    [i]NOTES: Good, as usual. Creative move with the shifting of the barrier with a psychic Hidden Power A fine job [/ii]
    CCPs: 13

And if you haven't guessed yet...first place, recieving a Dratini, 4 SMs, a Rainbow Feather, and 100 CCPs...

Hannah!

Hannah
    NOTES: Nice Very descriptive The imagery was very good. Very nice
    CCPs: 14

Winners select your SMs here in the following order: Hannah, Amy, aragornbird, and Shonta.
    ---------------
    As the final beams of light faded from the two valiant Pokemon’s assault, the Ho-oh fell, collapsing with fatigue. Hannah and Amy leapt off their tired companions, both with weary smiles upon their faces. The battle was finally over. They turned to me, leaning upon each other, each of them holding out their hands with two fingers extended in the shape of v’s. I smiled at the sight, a feeling of relief sweeping through me.

The Ho-oh crowed weakly, its life force slowly draining. The headband upon its head shattered from the strain of the battle, freeing the sun god from the irritating signals. Suddenly, the once majestic bird began to glow a dull gold. The gold began to burn brighter, quickly becoming a blinding flash of light. Air began to rush toward the source of the burning light. The trees around us began to rustle, snapping and uprooting in the vacuum. Desperately, I tried to find a place to wedge my feet in—a hole or a crevice—to keep myself from being sucked in. With only my sense of touch to guide me, I found no such hold. I heard the scratching sound of feet being dragged through dirt…probably from my own or the others.

Finally, I felt my body give way, letting itself be swept up by the wind. I could no longer hold on. I cleared my mind, knowing that I probably did not want to be at the core of the vacuum. Suddenly, I felt a warm arm grasp me, slowly dragging me back, away from whatever had become of the Ho-oh. As my vision cleared, I found that we were going over the side of the cliff, and into a giant forest not far below. The Guardians had gathered there. I looked around, and found nothing but grim faces upon the Guardians.

“Just as a star shall die…our sun god shall fade away, but be reborn, brighter than ever.”

We turned to see an aged Xatu hobble out of a cave behind us. His feathers were gray with age and his eyes were a deep, omniscient blue. He made his way toward us, using a cane made of light brown wood.

“Elder!” the Guardians cried out.

The Xatu motioned for them to calm down. He smiled, and pointed up towards the cliff. The vacuum began to weaken and cease. A burst of energy shot from the dying sun god and flew into the sky scattering glittering feathers into the air. As the energy penetrated the clouds above, light swept the land, illuminating the earth, trees, and creatures. The energy ball returned to the ground, landing beside us. As it cooled down, we found that it was an egg. The old Xatu picked it up and handed it to Rénar. “Take care of this egg.” Rénar could only gasp in awe at the glowing orb he held. “I am old now; I can no longer serve the duty of Caretaker of the Sun. When I was a young Xatu, this position was passed to me. And now…I pass it to you.”.

Rénar looked at the Xatu, speechless. Finding no words to express his feelings, he bowed to the Elder Xatu. The Xatu smiled as he rested his wing upon Rénar. He looked up, and smiled.

Glowing bursts of color fluttered down from the sky, radiating a wide array of different hues. Like feathers, they danced in the wind. As they fell to the ground, they disappeared, vanishing into thin air. We all danced around among the falling colors.

I turned to Amy and Hannah, both of them smiling; this time for sure it was over.
    ----------
    w00t! Post your congrats, speeches, and whatnot in here! *shakes a soda* *aims at everyone* *pops it open*

TPM IRC Chat

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Congrats Hannah. I figured that it was you that was going to win, but i had fun ^^. Frank, I want you to have the Sunflora. I know that it will be in good hands, and thanks for finally posting ^^. *takes CCPs and waits patiently for Hannah to choose her SMs
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

<---------shocked.

Woah x_x I suck at any kind of acceptance speech, so I'll keep this short.

For my SMS, I'll be taking Fly, Waterfall, Flash and Strength, and my Dratini will be female with Extremespeed as her bred on move.

*Sheepishly takes the CCPs and Rainbow Feather*
    *Steps aside to let Amy choose her SMS*

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

All right, I'll choose Cut for i changed my mind and not sure, Rock Smash for Lani, and Dive for Zale.

Edit: I'm not sure i may give the cut SM to one of my other pokes. Not sure if Willow will make the best use out of it. But rest assured, it will be given to a poke that can make full use out of it.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

wait, wait wait. Struggle?
    *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by soggy_cardboard
    wait, wait wait. Struggle?
    *shakes fist*
    You should be honored This TM will never be given out ever again These TMs are a tradition at CCCC to be handed out to the participants to these annual games Then again, I suppose last year's bunch got the best TM of all

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsong
    Frank, I want you to have the Sunflora. I know that it will be in good hands
    Thanks Amy. *makes a mental note to make the second place prize better next year*

Oh, and if any of you we're wondering, now that I think about it, all the Pokemon awarded are level 5

TPM IRC Chat

The real Shonta Moderator

Alright! I won something other than this Struggle TM! I wonder who I'll give it to. Now if aragornbird will hurry up and choose his/her SM...

Does this mean you'll get on with the next CC scenario?
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Quote Originally Posted by classy_cat18
    Alright! I won something other than this Struggle TM! I wonder who I'll give it to. Now if aragornbird will hurry up and choose his/her SM...

Does this mean you'll get on with the next CC scenario?
    If that means if we have a new scenario for the Battle Arena...well...umm...*discreetly closes the empty drawer labeled Battle Arena Scenarios* ^_^;;;;

We'll have one when...well...when we get an idea (or a submission *wink wink*), lol

TPM IRC Chat

Then again, I suppose last year's bunch got the best TM of all
    Im not wasting my precious energy writing a story if all i get is a struggle tm. And btw, i saw someones pkmn with struggle, which they got through some comp. which means it was given out sometime...

Was the prize last year actually good, or were you being sarcastic?

EDIT:
    Oh, and someone can have my struggle tm. *chucks in rubbish*
    That is if you think it is worth picking up.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Last year's was a Splash TM.

I'll take the Struggle TM, if you really don't want it.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by soggy_cardboard
    Im not wasting my precious energy writing a story if all i get is a struggle tm. And btw, i saw someones pkmn with struggle, which they got through some comp. which means it was given out sometime...

Was the prize last year actually good, or were you being sarcastic?

EDIT:
    Oh, and someone can have my struggle tm. *chucks in rubbish*
    That is if you think it is worth picking up.

Yes it was a splash tm. just becuase you can't use it doesn't mean that it isn't unique ^^; anyway, i'm keeping both albeit probably won't use it and i remember someone gettign struggle from the emt so thats probably why you seen it before Anyway congrats to everyone. Now i'm gonna try and write some mroe
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsong
    Yes it was a splash tm. just becuase you can't use it doesn't mean that it isn't unique ^^; anyway, i'm keeping both albeit probably won't use it and i remember someone gettign struggle from the emt so thats probably why you seen it before Anyway congrats to everyone. Now i'm gonna try and write some mroe
    Curses :O Darn that EMT...ruining my plans to make rare, but totally useless TM pri...I mean wonderful TMs to give out to other people :D Actually, soggy, if you think about it, I've given you a free TM already, one for each round you participated in, not to mention the Struggle TM ;)

TPM IRC Chat

***SLARTIBARTFAST*** Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well, I'm gonna choose the Surf SM to teach to my Wingull after it evolves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~*Arkeis.com - Pokemon art and game info!

The real Shonta Moderator

Can my Mudkip Misu learn Whirlpool?
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

I'm not sure if Mudkips can learn Whirlpool, wasn't much of an RS person

btw, just a note. The SM moves do not count as the HM moves that they are named after. The SMs enable you your Pokes to traverse into the new lands released a few months ago. Maybe, in the distant future, the SM moves will have their own effects...

Yeah, so anyway, just make sure to note that your Poke has an SM Surf and not the HM Surf, etc.

TPM IRC Chat

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

You bet it can.

*Tosses struggle to Jay*

Yeah, i have already got a struggle TM from EMT as well