Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INNT Round One Pairings

Default INNT Round One Pairings

According to red's theories, wouldn't that make things worse?

Oh, and how would having a board do it make it any better or worse than having it run by a player?
    Ellé terats sell jetus sèr ellé matraks dell Teratius, myiell.

Banned

Becuase there would be less of them and that would make them mean more

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

hey guys i got my account back

anyway since some people won't battle i figure it's no big deal if you just deduct points off their teams and move on to round 2 ?

i mean i've seen Y2J and PoI on mirc at the same time multiple times but they havn't battled so yeah.

:-*

Well, nice to know at least one person cares... but I need to know how many people are alive and how many teams are now going to work with one person. :/ Everyone who's still goig to play, sign in here plz and let me know you exist...

Naas- If there were periodic tourneys, there would end up being more tournaments than now- they're quite rare these days- and there would be no way to prevent the player-made tournaments anyway, further increasing the number of tournaments rather than decreasing them.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

ok you arent getting anywhere and it doesnt help that almost no one even checks tpm now so either start round 2 and the word will get around or end it now. your call.

lies

I think the INNT is lost.
    The players are the mortar holding the wall of the tourney together- if they are gone, the wall will fall.

Banned

I know this sounds late, but could I be a sub if someone drops out? I haven't been in a tourney for ages. If not its cool.

Banned

I think this is dead.

I'm afraid that you're trying to join a tournament that's dead.

This really didn't work out- I started it during Christmas holidays, thinking there would be enough time. Few players were willing to participate, and a team-based tourney with teams of two is kinda sucky. I had to do that anyway. Once we had enough people to play, it was two months later and I was extremely busy with some rather important issues (like, I dunno, picking the high school I'll be going to? Kinda an important thing there...), and there were problems with some players not doing anything (silverserebii was apparently busy, as she made no contact with anybody for a month, among other things). There were some subs, sort of, but I didn't want to throw them in while another player may simply have been busy for a few days. There were further problems with the rules (somebody, IIRC, didn't even READ the rules and so assumed that they were just the GSBot standard!), and I received I think two or three logs. Eventually, with no new games being played for weeks, the tournament fell apart due to bad timing, lack of enforcement on my part, and players losing interest or disappearing.

Which sucked, because IMO the ruleset is fairly solid. OHKOs should probably be 1 per team, though, as two per team leads to games being much more about abusing the OHKOs than anything else, rather than the intended "let people use OHKOs with restrictions so that the environment diversifies a bit". OHKOs can help balance Curse and counter the 00bers and reduce Blissey's power level- but multiple OHKOs goes beyond that and reduces the power level of just about everything else. :/

Maybe this ruleset could be used for another tournament sometime, one who's name does not stand for "I Need a Name Tournament". If it had a better name (like the CLST, FBMT, SMPT, etc), then it probably would have worked, too.

Banned

If it had a better name (like the CLST, FBMT, SMPT, etc), then it probably would have worked, too.
    Of course.

Banned

Maybe this ruleset could be used for another tournament sometime, one who's name does not stand for "I Need a Name Tournament". If it had a better name (like the CLST, FBMT, SMPT, etc), then it probably would have worked, too.
    lol, you got enough sign ups just people werent really willing to battle. teh name doesnt really attract people though (at least not mean)