Thread: Do You Know The Muffin Man? [t]

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Do You Know The Muffin Man? [t]

Do you know the Muffin Man who lives on Druey Lane?

raichu@lumberry
    thunderwave
    thunderbolt
    hiddenpower~ice
    agility
    (bashful-static)

swampert@leftovers
    surf
    icebeam
    earthquake
    roar
    (jolly-torrent)

alakazam@lumberry
    psychic
    thunderpunch
    firepunch
    icepunch
    (gentle-synchronize)

kingdra@chestoberry
    doubleteam
    rest
    surf
    icebeam
    (modest-swiftswim)

slaking@choiceband
    return
    shadowball
    brickbreak
    earthquake
    (jolly-truant)

weezing@leftovers
    sludgebomb
    fireblast
    haze
    explosion
    (naughty-levitate)

Yes, I know the Muffin Man, who lives on Druey Lane
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Banned

For Raichu i personaly would give it DoubleTeam instead of Agility
    and Swampert i would either go attack or special attack not both,
    and since your kingdra has the water covered i would put swampert
    on the Attack maybe:

Swampert
    Earthquake
    Return
    BrickBreak
    Curse

^^ Enjoy

Banned

Hmm... your teams is pretty sturdy type-wise, but it seems very unbalanced attack-wise. You've got Ice attacks on 4 of your pokemon! I think that's a little unnecessary. Also, you only have 1.5 physical attackers. Slaking is a good one, keep him. Weezing is only good for his explosion, though. Of course you have earthquake on Swampert, though. Also, you've got 2 pokes with surf, 2 with electric attacks, 2 with earthquake, and two with fire attacks. Also, Alakazam and his Tri-punch dealie isn't that strong. If I were to have all 3 of the punches, i would have Calm Mind instead of Psychic. But an Alakazam without Psychic is unheard of! So, if you really insist on keeping Alakazam, I'd say go with a technical one with [Psychic, Calm Mind, Recover, Reflect]. Also, I would suggest dumping one of your special attackers for a physical attacker. Either that, or an even more technical dude. A Skarmory would work wonders, I think. With [Spikes, Drill Peck, Steel Wing, Roar]. One last thing: I would get Raichu with HP Grass if possible. Other than that, looks good!

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Enderpan
    But an Alakazam without Psychic is unheard of! So, if you really insist on keeping Alakazam, I'd say go with a technical one with [Psychic, Calm Mind, Recover, Reflect].
    You're new here, aren't you? An Alakazam without Psychic--namely, the Calm Mind and Triple Puncher--is pretty common. Recover and Reflect are both generally accepted as wastes of space on an Alakazam, because its defense is so poor that, even with both of them, it simply can't last.

One last thing: I would get Raichu with HP Grass if possible. Other than that, looks good!
    Why? I don't understand why anyone would prefer Grass over Ice on a Raichu. Rai's electric attacks work well on everything except four types: Dragon, Electric, Grass and Ground. HP Grass is strong against only one of those, Ground. HP Ice is strong against Ground, Dragon and Grass, leaving only other Electric-types to worry about.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Banned

My bad Polyhedron. It's true, I haven't been here for long, and it's obvious from my post count. I wasn't aware that the Calm Mind triple-punch combo was common. I never did like the punches, though. Also, I suggested the HP change based on his team, and not just his Raichu. I simply suggested that because he already has 4 ice moves on his team. One last thing I noticed. In your post, you didn't rate strat's team. But I shall add one comment on the team.

In my last post, I suggested that you take one of your special dudes out, but I didn't specify which one. I would take out either swampert or Kingdra, because their attacks are already taken care of on other pokes. And in their place I would put a Skarmory, Salamence, or some other physical attacker.