View Poll Results: Do you want to participate in the tournament? (HINT: Read the rules first.)

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want to play, and I'm generally cool!

6 37.50%
  • No, I'm an illiterate monkey who can't read the post below.

10 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INNT Tournament

Default INNT Tournament

Well, okay, it won't end up INNT. It stands for 'I Need a Name Tournament'. I'm having trouble coming up with something.

Anywho, I've decided to organize a tournament, because I think we need one. It also uses a different ruleset than most tourneys. From the rules page (skip ahead for the simpler explanation):

*Species Clause
    *Extended Sleep Clause (no more than two opposing Pokemon can be put to sleep as a result of your actions)
    *OHKO Limit (up to two OHKO moves per team, no more than one OHKO move per Pokemon)
    *Über-legendary Clause (no more than one of the following Pokemon can be on any one team: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Houou, Curselax)
    *No Hidden Powers on unbreedables (i.e. no Hidden Power on Mewtwo. Hidden Power on genderless Pokemon that can be bred, such as Magneton, is legal.)
    *With regards to Mew: moves only obtainable through the Transform trick are illegal. That means that Mew can only use moves available without the use of the Trainer House or anything similar. If you're unsure whether a Mew moveset is legal or now, verify with me.

So, to summarize the major differences:
    -You can now put two guys to sleep. This is to make Sleep more viable.
    -You can now have up to 2 OHKO moves on your team, just not more than one per Pokemon.
    -You can have one 00ber (Mewtwo, Houou, Lugia, Snorlax with curse).
    -No Evade clause or ban
    -Celebi isn't an 00ber.

In GSC a while ago there was a brief discussion on the topic of removing all clauses except for Species and maybe 00ber to improve the fun factor of the game. I've heard about that more than once. I don't want to remove all clauses, though; I still want to keep the game passably fair. I have made some clauses less strict, however, in that spirit.

This will be a non-elimination, team-based tournament. There will be individual glory to be handed out, don't worry.

The first thing I'd like to do is get an idea of how many people would be willing to participate, so if you are, respond 'yes' to the poll, and post your GSBot nickname and contact info below. Don't bother hitting 'no, anybody, I'm not looking for a percentage of the population that wants to play; I'm using the poll to keep track of the number of people.

I'd like to thank GP and crazybone for the help they've given me with this tournament.

The tourney website is at www.geocities.com/golddraconian/index.html , and there's a bit more info there for those of you who are interested. Once i figure out how many people want to play, I'll work out the rest.

If you want to be a captain, let me know, either by posting here or PMing me. Captains will be in charge of collecting team members, to warn you all in advance.

I'm rambling a bit, so I'll leave you to your responses.
    Ellé terats sell jetus sèr ellé matraks dell Teratius, myiell.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default INNT Tournament

hey, i helped you out with the setup. of course im gonna be in it too.

look for me to be under the name of P03, _P03_, or [P03] on gsbot.

if you desperately need a captain, i guess ill be one, but not many people like me. ;[
    Burning in water, drowning in flame

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default INNT Tournament

well ill join...

aol:mahgreenlego
    email:mahgreenlego
    gsbot: Potent

no captain here, but will be proud to be piked for a team.. but if i can be a captain, could I???
    " CripPled w/ DesirE... Cuz im not ur savor!!"

Default INNT Tournament

Pariah- I kinda figured you would. :p I just didn't want to put words in your mouth.

Lego- Hold on there. First: do you _want_ to be a captain?
    Second, I'll wait until we have an estimate of the number of people wanting to participate, then I'll work out the number of teams and players per team, and that'll give me an estimate of the number of captains needed. Then I'll take everyone who wants to be a captain and make a poll on the tourney site, probably for somewhere from one to three days. The x people with the most votes will be in, where x is the number of captains I'll need. So you may or may not make it in, but you've got a chance if you want to take it.

EDIT: I've updated the tourney website to show the two players to have volunteered for the tourney so far. I'll put crazybone up once he confirms that he's playing- he said via e-mail that he'd participate, but I want to make it official. :/ Plus I need some of his info.

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

Yes, I'll play in this little thingey thing thing :D

Note~I do not want to be captain. ;-;

It's pretty obvious who I am... meh, lol =p

MSN~Lazybone777@hotmail.com
    AIM~NightSoul007

Edit~what poll selection cant be edited ;-; I was going for no i am illerate monkey too

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

I'm in, but am also an illiterate monkey :p
    And if at all possible, dont make me captain...

Default INNT Tournament

Okay, crazybone and Syberia are now on the site.

Couple things:

Syberia, what's your GSBot handle? Is it just 'Syberia', or do you go by something else?

crazybone, a while ago in an e-mail you said you had some friends who'd be willing to join the tournament. Can you send 'em in here, or at least give me their names and/or contact info so I can herd them in?

Wow, we've got three monkeys, as I write this.

We need captains. Only GP and maybe that Lego guy are willing to be captains. We need 'em, if there are going to be functional teams. :/

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default INNT Tournament

GD, have you posted this at any other places? we may have to...
    Burning in water, drowning in flame

Default INNT Tournament

Yeah, actually, I just came to that conclusion a few minutes ago.

This thing is now up at Pojo (lol) and at Tweezen (if you don't know, don't ask). I can't register for GameFAQs or Azure at all, so obviously I can't spread the word there. Is there anywhere else that should know about this thing?

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

Good idea.. because its hard to get enough ppl to join a tournament from one board only these days... especially from TPM..

Default INNT Tournament

Anyone willing to spread the word about this tourney to #pokebattle or the NeoDome thingy get a gingerbread cookie. I've got big male, big female, little male and little female versions. And none of them have had their heads bitten off yet.

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

Originally posted by GoldDraconian

crazybone, a while ago in an e-mail you said you had some friends who'd be willing to join the tournament. Can you send 'em in here, or at least give me their names and/or contact info so I can herd them in?
    Uh, yeah. :x I made a gramatical error. Remove the "s" from friends, and, uh, yeah =x Whats even worse, that friend already had the iniative to post here. :p *throws jello at Syberia* You were supposed to wait ;-; ^_^ j/k

Actually, I did ask more of my friends, but half are illerate monkeys with the IQ of Jar Jar Binks, and the remainder seem to be too busy getting laid. =\ I drew in what I already could.

Default INNT Tournament

Laid?

Well, that's a bit unfortunate, but I'm trying to draw in others. It'll be fine.

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

mIRC: CoI, Cow_of_Inferno
    cow_of_inferno@hotmail.com
    AIM: The Boy of Rice

Been too long since I've been in a tourney...mmm, more wonderful sweeps...(on me of course)

Default INNT Tournament

All right then, Cow is in.

I'd like to confirm what Syberia's GSBot nickname is. While I'm verifying stuff- Cow, do you want to be a captain, or do you want to just be a team member? I'm a little low on captains.

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

I'd much rather be a team member, my level of suck shouldn't be put on others. How many captains do you need? I could maybe spread the word about this.

Default INNT Tournament

Well, that's what I don't know for sure. I think a reasonable goal might be 32 people, and therefore four teams of eight people (or eight teams of four people *shrug*). It really depends on how many players we can attract.

If you can spread the word elsewhere, I'd be grateful.

Default INNT Tournament

Hm...this sounds interesting so I guess I'll join.

GSBot: Phantom_of_Innocence (like u couldn't have guessed that )
    E-mail: Inn0c3ntPhant0m@netscape.net
    Aim: Blastpower091 or Inn0c3ntPhant0m
    Captain: Er....I dunno, to tell u the truth, I'm fairly new at GSBot so I'd rather not. Of course, if u really need more captains u can sign me up :-/

BTW, Syberia's GSBot nick is Syberia.
    Thanks to BlazikenKevin for the avatar :]

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

Originally posted by Phantom of Innocence-BF
    BTW, Syberia's GSBot nick is Syberia.
    Gah...you'd think I would be able to remember my owh GSBot nick now wouldn't you . I also go by Anduril occasionally, usually depending on the random whims of my mind :p

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

Yipee! A tourney... I guess I would join...

mIRC: Voodoo, Phoodoo
    E-mail: magnifical@hotmail.com

I don't have AIM...

I choose these peoples to be a captain: [I hope these people want to join...] GM, Chris, Graw, and Syb/Vince. Thar. Anyway, I want to be a captain too... ^_~

Default INNT Tournament

Okay, we now have 7 participants. Only... 25 more to go if we want a 32-man tourney. -_-

Maybe it should just be a 16-man tournament (with, amazingly, four teams of four). Unless we get a bunch more people... Speaking of which, has anyone brought this thing to #pokebattle yet? That's probably where we'll get the most people... Spreading this to any other board that still has people on it would be great, too. If anyone advertises this tournament elsewhere, let me know so I can keep an eye on it (well, if it's on #pokebattle, I can't. But you can give me the contact info and stuff, and it gets the job done.) Remember- the sooner we get the slots filled up, the sooner we start- and I can only assume you're all signing up because you do in fact want to play the thing. :/

Voodoo: Well, for those people to be captains, they'd need to be participating in the tournament (well, Syberia is, but that's only one). If you can just casually draw them in, well then, they all sound like excellent choices, assuming they want to take the positions...

If we get more people volunteering as captains than we have spots for captains (XD, like that's going to happen...), then it'll come down to a vote, I guess. I can't just say that one person is better than the other or deserves the spot more, after all, that would be biased, and I want to avoid stuff like that. I might get death threats for it.

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

BTW, dignify me, and put that my IRC nick is Lazybone777, not crazybone (or something) :DDDDD

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default INNT Tournament

Dude i said to go ahed and put me down asa captain if no one else is really wanting to ....

IF i have to chalenge somene for it..well it will be my pleasure.
    " CripPled w/ DesirE... Cuz im not ur savor!!"

Default INNT Tournament

Updated...

Lego, you'll be a captain if nobody else wants a spot now, okay? I can't guarantee that you'll make it in... but it looks like you've got a good chance. -_-;; (Not that I don't think you'd do well, it's just that I'd have liked more people to volunteer as captains.)

Default INNT Tournament

Actually, I did ask more of my friends, but half are illerate monkeys with the IQ of Jar Jar Binks, and the remainder seem to be too busy getting laid. =\ I drew in what I already could.

huh?

I'll join - nick on mirc artismarti{omg}

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

Excluding you, arti ;o i wuv u too much

Default INNT Tournament

Okay, then, artismarti is in. Any other contact info you can share with me, arti?

Well, this tourney should probably just be a simple 16-man thing, since we're not likely to get twenty-some more people. I've got a few potential captains, and we'll only need four...

Well, we're halfway there for a 16-person tourney.

Default INNT Tournament

mai aim is artismarti69

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

I got cool_daddy_47 to sign up. :D

AIM = BlackSheepBurn

IRC = cool_daddy_47 or c_d_47 or c_d or cool_daddy

Doesn't this guy ever make up his mind? ;\

He's on deathrow, so he can't come to this topic. BTW, he's also agreed to be captain, if you're low on them.

Now to get McGraw to come 8-----d

Default INNT Tournament

Sorry about my brief inactivity- I got both a new hard drive and Windows XP (I'd been using '98 ) for Christmas, so it took a little while to get them both working.

I'll add that guy to the list, and update artismarti's info.

Deathrow? Does that mean he's banned, or am I missing something?

I also got an e-mail from some guy saying he wants in, so we've got 10 people now, I think. Whee.

Thanks again, crazybone. Here's the cheesecake promised on the web site.

EDIT: Feel free to make any comments on the tourney idea and stuff here, too. I'd like to hear them, provided they're actually constructive and not just "wtf you suxx0r" style comments. That's all.

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

Sorry about my brief inactivity- I got both a new hard drive and Windows XP (I'd been using '98 ) for Christmas, so it took a little while to get them both working.

I'll add that guy to the list, and update artismarti's info.

Deathrow? Does that mean he's banned, or am I missing something?

I also got an e-mail from some guy saying he wants in, so we've got 10 people now, I think. Whee.

Thanks again, crazybone. Here's the cheesecake promised on the web site.

EDIT: Feel free to make any comments on the tourney idea and stuff here, too. I'd like to hear them, provided they're actually constructive and not just "wtf you suxx0r" style comments. That's all.
    XP? I didn't like it too much... I went back to 2000... XP has some nice icons though, doesn't it? :p

As for cool daddy, yes, he is banned, for making non-qualitive posts. He's active on the bots though.

And cheese cake? Bleh. What happened to my cookie? ;-;

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

Hm,since crazybone contaced r3d for me,I'll do him a favor and join...or at least I try it.

AIM: DarkMyke007
    IRC: DarkMyke,DM[testage] or something like that

Okay,I'll battle if I'm able to,but right now I can't connect to the server cause I share my ISP w/ some idiot that is banned -_-;;
    I talked to Fanha yesterday and he said he will speak to someone who can unban me so that I can get on the bots again.

If I can battle then I don't want to be a captain since I'm not very good at playing Pokemon anymore,I've just lost the motivation.Maybe a tourney can make me better again =)

Default INNT Tournament

I don't care whether you're good or not. As long as you're willing to play, I'll let you in.

It's not fair to use any other system, really.

I hope you manage to get back on the 'Bots- it sucks being banned. And I know- I've been banned from the server for a long time for reasons that nobody can tell me. I'm too lazy to try to get back on yet. ;.; Maybe I'll manage it some day...

crazybone- Here, I've got a leftover Snickerdoodle (sp.?). Those things are good.

Default INNT Tournament

I've added a new player. Four more to go, and we'll be able to form the teams and get the tourney underway!

Anyone who e-mailed me, check your e-mail.

Phantom of Innocence- I believe one 'eccentrox' wants to talk to you or something. He told me to send him info through you- said you were his friend. I don't have anything for him unless he needs the website for the tourney or something; if he wants it, you can find it in the first post of the topic.

If eccentrox is female, I'm sorry I've referred to her as a male.

Default INNT Tournament

heh.. count me in.. this is the perfect opportunity to test out a new psuedohazer without complaints.

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

His AIM = Kari and Mewtwo

His mIRC = something similar to Kari and Mewtwo

Default INNT Tournament

*cough*need contact info*cough*

*looks down, notices that crazybone has managed to give it to me before I finished the post*

Darn, now that could have made me look bad.

I'd also like to note that even if you're primarily in this to do some testing or whatever that I'm going to expect you to stay in for the whole tourney. Not that I expect you to bail (I certainly don't know you well enough to make any assumptions), it's just that I want to ensure that you're actually in to play, and not to get one match in or whatever.

As long as my not-really suspicions are incorrect, I'm happy.

Default INNT Tournament

I've added a new player. Four more to go, and we'll be able to form the teams and get the tourney underway!

Anyone who e-mailed me, check your e-mail.

Phantom of Innocence- I believe one 'eccentrox' wants to talk to you or something. He told me to send him info through you- said you were his friend. I don't have anything for him unless he needs the website for the tourney or something; if he wants it, you can find it in the first post of the topic.

If eccentrox is female, I'm sorry I've referred to her as a male.
    Thank u for informing me. Although I have no idea what he'd (yes, he is a he XD) wanted to tell me as I already gave him the website of the Tourney. I'll be in touch with him then, thank u once again.
    Thanks to BlazikenKevin for the avatar :]

Default INNT Tournament

You're welcome.

I just wanted to make sure I was genderally sensitive (or whatever it's called), since making an assumption like that can easily get you flamed.

Banned

Default INNT Tournament

hey look how many more people you need cos i should be able to round up a few people in no time.. this thing is taking way to long to get started..