Thread: Upgraded to Firefox, help a newbie out

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Upgraded to Firefox, help a newbie out

Alright, first of all, I'll say this: Firefox is AWESOME. Although that probably seems like an understatement to most of you since it seems I was the only one left with IE for a while, wanted to see how long I could survive, rofl.

Anyway, it's going pretty well, except I have a few problems. First of all, the popup blocker is going fine, but is there a way to make it so EVERY SINGLE TIME it blocks one it doesn't have a message such as "OMG YOU GOT A POPUP, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO WITH IT", and simply clicking cancel. Didn't see a 'stop notifying me' checkbox... so yeah, just a little help on that part.

Now... another thing. On certain sites such as AIM Express domain and Neopets, you know how you have to disable popups? (Well, I don't go to Neopets, I only know that from my brother and we haven't tested that yet) anyway, I put both those sites on the "whitelist". But like I said, while I dont know if I get the same problem at neopets, but whenever I sign on AIM express after having added that domain, it makes the browser crash...... wassupwidat?

That's basically all... thx in advance.

~Zak
    In 20 years, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge together into one super big time-wasting site called YouTwitFace.

We're not going to Guam... are we?

Товарищ Красный Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Make sure you go through all of your options as disabling pop-up notification is in there. I am at work right now though, so I can't look for myself since I have IE on the computer here. John should hopefully come along soon.
    THE MOST AWESOME GUY ON THE FORUMS!!

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

To stop the notification of a blocked popup I think what I did was double click the little popup blockd icon in the bottom left of the browser (little box with an x in it) and in there was the option to uncheck notification.

As for allowing popups simply double clicking the link you want open seems to work for me instead of me having to add stuff to the list, dunno why it would crash though, might wanna try double clicking to open.

Uchiha
    Sasuke

"I have lost faith in this pathetic clan"
    GreenShirT
    Still a Misc Mod at heart

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040803 Firefox/0.9.3

is that the version you are using? (help > about firefox)

edit: aim express works fine for me.

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well, isn't this ****ing nice...

anyway, not only is FX crashing when I load AIM express among other things, but it seems any site that requires opening another window is doing that, seeing as its crashing on a certain other official site with a weekly movie. I get this illegal operation in some .dll file error, and this Netscape Quality Feedback Agent thing pops up. Anyone have any idea WTF that's about?

And yes, I am using that version.

~Zak
    In 20 years, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge together into one super big time-wasting site called YouTwitFace.

Товарищ Красный Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I have gotten the Netscape thing before and it caused my browser to crash, but that stopped.
    THE MOST AWESOME GUY ON THE FORUMS!!

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Alright, is there a way I can at least stop the "What should firefox do with this file" window?

~Zak

Tools > Options > Downloads

[attachment deleted by admin]
    [SIZE=1]Super Hyper Mega Ninja Pokémon World Character Randomizer!

It's ANIMation + MELEE. No "Anime" or "Lee".
    Support watching cartoons in their original languages and formats -- like Japanese Pokémon, and English Transformers Beast Wars; not the other way around!
    Pokémon Ruby Cart - Play Time as of August 3, 2004: 999:59+
    Pokémon LeafGreen Cart - Play Time as of June 7, 2005: 177:01
    Pokémon Diamond Cart - Play Time as of November 21, 2005: 00:00
    GAME FREAK, HAL Labs, Capcom, Genius Sonority, Sega, and Nintendo forever!
    Thanks to Filb for the PHP script, and for hosting my sig!