Banned

Default Quete d' Amor (Quest of Love)

Quete d' Amor
    Prologue
    “Dark runs over light,
    darkness is like a giant kite,
    covering the beauty of the sky,
    bring terror into thy” ~Juan Grecias the third

The mist covered the stir of the big city, Paris, home to more than two million people. Jacob Burns, {aged fifty, though the lack of wrinkles on his face and his deeply dyed blond hair made him look twenty years younger} stuttered through the busy city, only stopping at a new stand to purchase the latest edition of ‘The Parisian’. He skimmed through the pages before finally coming to an article in the fine arts.

‘Scientifique creer 1eer Pokeballe!’ Scientists create 1st Pokeball

Little did the many that populated France know that Jacob Burns, was the original creator of the Pokeball. He scanned the article, it seemed that Sliph Technologies Francais had created what they named Pokeball to catch the elusive creatures that roamed the world. They credited the work to a professor Jaques Sliph, vice-president of Sliph Technologies. And listed the staff who had assisted in the work of the Pokeball, among them monsieur Kurt James I (representing Europe), Dr. Armades Incumato (representing North and South America), Dame Charlotte Rocket (representing Australia), Dr. Dwight Luck (Africa) and monsiuer Dei Jong (representing Asia). Antarctica was the only un-represented continent. And a Dr. Jacob Burns for minor assistance in naming the berries that developed the ball.

Jacob looked at it in horror, minor assistance! He was the one that developed the laser suction that would suck the Pokemon back into the ball, he suggested using the berries to make the ball’s inner covering, he was the one who designed the ball, minor assistance. The rage began to build up in him, what the hell did they mean by minor assistance. He trooped to a nearby phone station and picked it up before dialing a private number.

“Silph agencies,” a cold voice answered.

“This is agent 678JB, get me Jaques.”

Within seconds a voice answered, “Jacob, my old friend, what can I do for you?”

Jacob smiled thinly, “You should know my dear pal, what do you mean by minor assistance!”

“You are just a junior scientist in the company my dear friend, do you think I will make you a superstar over-night?”

“Damn you!”

“Oh yes and by the way, you’re fired!”

“You’re a ****ing little basta8d you sonofabitch! I’ll kill you!”

“We shall see.” Jaques slammed down the phone.

Revenge plan number one was on its way, to do more damage than Jacob and Silph ever dreamed of.

Author's note: I know that the prologue was very short only 75% of a page on MS Word but I promise that the following chapters will be longer, in the meantime, enjoy Recherché de Amour: Quest of Love, the prologue, written by a French author. Au revoir!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Quête d'Amour (Quest of love)

How...interesting. A fic with a lot of information about Pokeballs...this sounds very good. Not much i can point out to you, because you have grasped a lot of things here. Maybe try to go over punctuation, there were a few mistakes here and there, but nothing that upset the overall feel of the prologue.

I also think the scene where Jaccob read about the Pokeball could have been very emoitonal; you could have gone through Jacob's personal feelings, how he felt, how hje reacted. It would have been a real tea-jerker.

Keep it up, this is interesting.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

ohhh god... it's in french. *runs away screaming*

it's... interesting. different (don't worry, in a good way). we likey different keep it up!

Banned

No, that's not french.

That's an attempt at french that doesn't work too well.

First, Quest of Love is "Quête d'Amour", not "Recherché" (which is past participle of french recherche, to research). And d', not de - you skip the e in front of another vowel.

Second, "Scientifiques créer 1st pokeball".

First, you'd need an article in front of scientifiques. Des would probably be best. Second, you need to conjugate the verb - it should be créent (3rd person, plural, present tense). Next, you'd need an article in front of the "1st". Since a pokéball in french would be a feminine term (because ball is), it should be la.

Lastly, it should be 1ere, not 1st - the abreviated form of PREMIÈRE, not of FIRST.

Thus you have "Des scientifiques créent la 1ere pokéball!" (you could also have pokéballe, but given that it'S an invented term anyway...)

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Originally posted by Damian Silverblade
    No, that's not french.

That's an attempt at french that doesn't work too well.

First, Quest of Love is "Quête d'Amour", not "Recherché" (which is past participle of french recherche, to research). And d', not de - you skip the e in front of another vowel.

Second, "Scientifiques créer 1st pokeball".

First, you'd need an article in front of scientifiques. Des would probably be best. Second, you need to conjugate the verb - it should be créent (3rd person, plural, present tense). Next, you'd need an article in front of the "1st". Since a pokéball in french would be a feminine term (because ball is), it should be la.

Lastly, it should be 1ere, not 1st - the abreviated form of PREMIÈRE, not of FIRST.

Thus you have "Des scientifiques créent la 1ere pokéball!" (you could also have pokéballe, but given that it'S an invented term anyway...)
    And HERE we have a person with no sense of enjoyment who has to pick a story to the very last letter.

Sheeesh, Damian, maybe you should learn to enjoy a story for what it is rather than the teeny mistakes in it.

HLSOE, this is quite good. I don't mind prologues or even chapters that are short like this. It was well-written nevertheless, the story looks like it could become interesting at this early point in the story.

Keep it up!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Banned

Thanks for the comments dudes, anyway, just to tell you people that though the Pokeball was just invented in this story, Anyway, ladies and gents, pls enjoy, chapter two of Recherche de Amor, and by the way, Damien, recherche according to my french tutor means inquiry, research AND QuestAnd, please don't worry about my lack of explaination about the revenge plan and the French Cup, I assure you, they will be explained very clearly in chapitre (Chapter) 2.

Chapter One-A year later

Date: 3rd June 2003
    Venue: Paris, France

Jacob Burns sipped the vodka as he stared at the TV screen. Up front was the final of the World Pokemon Cup, a match between Greg, the master of North America, regarded as the best trainer in the world and the bastard Silph, who controlled the World Cup. Both were down to their last Pokemon, the ****er had his Nidoking out to Greg’s Mew, his strongest Pokemon of the lot.

Burns watched as the Mew created a barrier and blasted the ****er’s Nidoking outta the arena, it was settled, North America and Greg Amundos had won the World Cup. Burns switched off the tv, he had only started on his journey to collect badges though his Pokemon were rather good, Cyndaquil, Kadabra, Kimori, and Haunter.
    He was in a side-walk café in Marseille, watching the match. The first Pokemon gym of the World League was here, and they said that the first gym was a very tough one, though still the weakest of the seven in the world, though he had seen many trainers carrying powerful Pokemon like Arcannine and Meganium recovering at the Poke-centre. No one knew exactly where the gym was, just that it was somewhere in Marseille and part of the trainer’s quest to find out exactly where the gym was. And according to the World Cup rules, it was against them to ask another trainer where the gym was. He picked himself up and paid the waiter twenty francs before leaving the café.

He had bought six maps and none of them disclosed the location of the gym, just as, he came to a junction, he came to a sign, ‘Pokemon gymnase’ (Pokemon gym)

It was a rather short building, about two floors high, it was made purely out of rock, unlike the modern city of Marseille which made it so obvious, yet he had never ever come to this part of the city before. The glass door was the only contemporary thing about it. And above it were the two treasured words. As he stepped into the gym, he saw a crying trainer, he was carrying a fainted Dewgong, its fins were slumped and its sky was red (burnt) and purple (poisoned).

Jacob walked into the area and saw a senile man dressed in white robes, meditating. His eyes were closed and his head faced his chest. But he still spoke, “ I am Marseille gym leader, Cien. It shall be a two-on-two Pokemon battle, if you lose, you will have to wait a week for a re-match, if you win, you shall get the Mind badge, along with the technical machine, Brain Damage. Are you ready.”

“Continuez” (Continue)

“Go, Pokeball!”

A Pokeball floated off his belt and in a flash of ivory light, a mysterious Grazam appeared on the arena. It looked like an Alakazam, but its mustache was much longer and its spoons were longer than ever. Its skin was a bit violet instead of yellow and his eyes gleamed ruby.

From, that Jacob immediately knew that the Cien was a psychic and his best bet, “Haunter!”

The ghost appeared immediately, it cackled in delight when it saw its Psychic opponent. “Form a barrier in front of you Haunter and charge up for a Ghost blast!”

Cien, head still down muttered, “Grazam use a psybeam to break the barrier, then, psychic it!”

The Sage Pokemon formed a beam of blue light with its spoons and blasted the barrier then the star on its forehead glowed and a shaft of red-light appeared out of nowhere and blasted Haunter who had just released an eerie green beam. The two attacks hit the target and Grazam dropped onto the floor, panting, Haunter floated weakly.

“Grazam, recover! Then Brain Damage!”

Jacob had never heard of Brain Damage but still, deciding to be safe, ordered a reflect and a psybeam, too late! Grazam shot out a white beam that whacked Haunter hard, the mischievous Pokemon, dropped on the floor, it had fainted.

Up next, Kadabra vs. its weakened evolution.

“Kadabra, psybeam!” One blast and Grazam was K.Oed.

Cien smiled, “Very well, you have driven me, go Fiendo!”

An Espeon-Umbreon mix appeared on the arena ground. It had the head of an Umbreon but its body was the purple of a Espeon.

Jacob had never seen such a weird type, but judging from appearances, it was a psi-dark mix, it would be hard for Kadabra, now it could not use any psychic attacks.

“Kadabra, agility, pull your speed up, then hit it with a psybeam-quick attack!”

“Fiendo! Moonlight psychic!”

Fiendo glowed and opened its mouth, out come some dark light, it aimed for Kadabra but thankfully to the agility, it missed Kadabra by the hairsbreadth. Kadabra then sent out a psybeam which hit the Fiendo sorely on its feet and then quick attacked it, leaving it purring in horror.

It pulled its socks up and managed a weak psychic that Kadabra evaded then, a quick attack later, the Fiendo collasped.

This time, Cien had raised his head, he appeared in shock but still pulled out a badge, “You are only the third person to defeat me, Jacob Burns.” He then revealed a small piece of metal, “Technical Machine Brain Damage. And now, I shall give you a clue to the next gym.”

“Ashes and dust fall before,
    the very gym lies in the core,
    what is what must and what will be,
    will be revealed before thee.”

Trainer profile: Jacob Burns
    City of birth: Paris
    League registered under: French League
    Badges: 1
    Pokemon and estimated levels:
    Cyndaquil (lv 23)
    Kimori (lv 25)
    Haunter (lv 30)
    Kadabra (lv 30)

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

another interesting chapter. the new Pokemon sre very intruiging, and i am also impressed with the attack merging. (like moonlight & psychic; psybeam & quick attack). It adds a little flavour to the fic, because i've never seen anything like it.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Your french tutor may say that, but I disagree with him, and it just so happen that french, not english, is my first language.

A quest is a quête, not a recherche.

Banned

Originally posted by Gavin Luper
    And HERE we have a person with no sense of enjoyment who has to pick a story to the very last letter.

Sheeesh, Damian, maybe you should learn to enjoy a story for what it is rather than the teeny mistakes in it.

First of all, B doesn't go around critiquing every author on the board.

Second of all, all B was TRYING to do was help out.

Third, writing from a perspective foreign to you is difficult enough, but one should be commended for tryign it. BUT, when the said person commits mistakes, and another to whom the subject may not be foreign or at least that they are well versed in it, comes out and helps, and another party totally foreign to this exchange adds themself to this Party of Part A, and Party of Part B mixture, it becomes a tad bit idiotic.

In other words, B was just trying to help out HLSOE in a nice manner, yet you somehow added yourself to the mixture reprimanding B for no apparent reason ^_~.

Third, err Fourth. damn it I shouldn't list.

As i was saying

Fourth, HLSOE onto your story, pretty interesting. But as a four year student of French, not a very good student, but a student nonetheless, I must agree with B on the little advice. and also, since one of my assignments in class from high school used to be to read the newspaper "le Parisien" in class every day -_-;;. I jsut wanted to add its Le Parisien. ^^;;

Also, just to be specific, usually newspapers use full-forms, not numbers.

SO go with premiere instead of 1eer. ^^;;.

tata for now.

nice story. liked the prologue.

Banned

Erm, thanks dudes for the comments, chap 2 will be up soon, I hope. And er, Damien, I just checked the Random House French to English, English to France Dictionary and erm, recherche really is quest.

Banned

Gavin - if someone was butchering the english language on a story, you'd comment on the most grievous mistakes (wrong choices of word).

It just so happen that French is my mother tongue, so if I see someone trying to use it and not doing that well at it, I'll try to help with what I can. It's not picking on every little thing, it's picking on a slaughter of my first language - the tongue I speak every day. A few little spelling mistakes, I wouldn't mind, but what he writes in french barely makes any sense and certainly would never be used in french.

HLSOE :

Then the dictionary fail to reflect how the word really is used. "Recherche" is NOT used for "quest" in french.

Look HLSOE. I've been speaking french, writing in french, reading in french every day for the last 15 years (that'S writing/reading) at least. I think I know what I'm saying when I says that in this contest Quest does NOT apply.

Hmm...Damian...does it matter if the French is correct? Most of use don't really understand what it says with out the translation anyway. Plus, it doesn't really add to the plot and storyline much anyway.

Nice. This is an unseen concept for me, the creation of the Pokeball.

Anyway...punctuation is a little off. It seems strange that a Umbreon/Espeon mix would fall to two Quick Attacks and a Psybeam. But that's just me...

Also, you can always add more description, using the words as the color to paint a picture in the readers mind (somehow, I use this a lot).

Anyway, this is good fic. Can't wait for the next chapter.

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM

Awesome! I'm working through its slowly. Why french? A very original concept with realism, or a realistic as a Pokemon Fic can get!

The Feathers Will Fly
    For rewritten illustrated chapters of On the Wings of Council!

The Pokemon Tower Library
    Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well well, very nice chapter! I have a feeling this will be working up to a big confrontation one day. It's really well written, HLSOE, and the battle was quite good. Having the World League is an original concept as such, I mean the fact that the story is set in the real world makes it seem more realistic.

Damian: I realise you were trying to correct HLSOE, but I just found that your entire post seemed more hostile, in a sense, than it needed to be, and you didn't comment on the good side of the fic.

Anyway, keep it going, HLSOE!!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Banned

Originally posted by pokemasterfrank
    Hmm...Damian...does it matter if the French is correct? Most of use don't really understand what it says with out the translation anyway. Plus, it doesn't really add to the plot and storyline much anyway.
    It does, however, add to the overall quality of the fic. If you're going to use a foreign language in a fic, it should be correct (or atleast somewhat close to being correct), since it does affect the quality, just like grammar and such. And besides, if it doesn't add to the storyline or plot, then why bother using it? Seems to me like an extra hassle.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

i must admit, damien must find it frustrating when his own native tongue is being thrown back at him. HSLOE gets full marks in my book, for a great concept of this. I like the idea, but you can understand Damien's frustration. Like some of the fanfics done here by people who speak english as their 2nd language. Damein is tryign to help...

anyway, when is chapter 2 out?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

I'm at me Uncle's house and don't have me zip disk with me, but rest assured it'll be up in probably another 8 hours, that, I will promise. Thank you for all comments and PH, I used French to add more originality to the fic, thank you again for all comments.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

i have to admit, a french fanfic is very intriging and very original.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Jacob returned to the Poke-center to heal his Haunter and Kadabra, thinking about the riddle, “ “Ashes and dust fall before,
    the very gym lies in the core,
    what is what must and what will be,
    will be revealed before thee.”

He turned to Nurse Joy to ask, “Erm, where is the next gym?”

She replied, “ It is near the Parc de Princes in Paris, that is all I can reveal.”

“How do I get there?”

“There is a trainer’s path leading from Marseille to Paris, it is about seventy miles away, you could be there in a week, or of course, you could try the trainer’s bus, but it next arrives a fortnight later.”

Jacob nodded just as a young sturdy man entered the stadium. He was carrying three Pokeballs and most importantly, a badge, though not the Mind Badge. He was wearing Khaki shorts and a blue Onix shirt. He walked over and asked, “You a trainer?”

“Yeah, name’s Jacob, Jacob Burns. You?”

“James, James Rocket; jr. You care for a battle, I see you’ve beaten Cien, and I need some practice.”

“Very well, a one-on-one then?”

James led Jacob to the field outside the Poke-center and released a Mantine. Jacob looked rather interested as he released his Kimori.

“Mantine, start off with a thunder wave, get yourself a shocked atmosphere and then use thundershock!”

“You wish, Kimori! Vine whip!”

The cute green lizard sent out two of its vines and striked the Mantine hard, it prevented the thunder wave but the 30 volts thunder shock still electrified the lizard.

“Kimori, charge up for a solar beam!”

“Mantine, finish it before it hits you, thunder and surf combo!”

Kimori started drawing on all the sunshine in the area as Mantine wet the entire area and concentrated. Kimori opened her mouth and sucked in the light as the whole sky turned dark. Mantine screeched as a bolt of thunder streaked down from the sky, Kimori opened her mouth and shot out the yellow light. The two attacks struck and caused some fog to cover the area. When it cleared, Kimori and Mantine had both fainted.

James shook Jacob’s hand as they both healed their Pokemon. Then, they parted their ways. Jacob to the path leading out of Marseille and James Rocket to the Mind gym.

Two days later, Jacob was trooping through the beautiful forests of France. He was thinking about the revenge mission, it was so simple, defeat Silph. But there was a long way to go, first, he’d have to collect the seven French badges and win the French Cup tournament, then go to the World Pokemon Cup, and get into the finals before finally defeating the bastard.

He had spotted very few Pokemon, the occasional Pidgey, Sentret, etc. Nothing worth catching but he had battled them enough for Cyndaquil to finally evolve to Quilava. His Pokemon were next to him, Quilava jogging to keep up with him, Haunter floating, Kadabra levitating, carrying the slow Kimori.

Finally, as he entered a clearing he finally saw a Pokemon he had wanted for a while, a Subambe, sound asleep. Out came Haunter who cackled in delight, his opponent was asleep, a perfect time to use dream-eater. Haunter waved its hands and the Subambe screeched in horror. Out came the Pokeball and within seconds, the team had a new addition.

Jacob’s newly acquired Pokedex buzzed:

Name: Subambe
    Estimated level: 23
    Attacks definitely known: Gust, Peck, Wing attack, glare, growl, whirlwind
    Description: This Pokemon was recently discovered, very little information is known about it except that it is a very useful and aggressive Pokemon.
    Evolution: OoSubambe

“Interesting,” muttered Jacob as he sent out his new Pokemon. The Subambe chirped happily as Jacob explained that he was his new trainer. The bird immediately joined in with the group, making fast friends with Kimori, Kadabra, Quilava, though Haunter stayed out of the business, as it usually did.

Night had fallen, and all was quiet. Jacob had met up with a young lass, Sandra who had challenged him to a three-on-three battle, they were both down to their final Pokemon, Sandra’s Dratini which was proving to be very tough versus Haunter.

“Dratini, sing!”

“Haunter, night shade!”

As Dratini opened its mouth, Haunter grinned evilly as a mist of black went over Dratini, when it cleared, Dratini looked weakened.

“Finish the Haunter, Dratini, hyper beam!”
    Dratini opened its mouth and a beam of white light shot out of it, headed for Haunter. And bam! Haunter was floating high in the sky weakened dreadfully, “Gather the energy Dratini, outrage.”

Out of nowhere, the Dratini fired a blast of flames at Haunter, trapping it, then as the fire faded to form a beam of light that will absolutely KILL Haunter, a stone came flying from goodness knows where and struck Haunter.

Haunter began to glow purple, then before long, a creature took over, Gengar!

Hmm...nice chapter. Seemed like a filler chapter. *becomes hypocritical* You could expand on your battle scenes.

Also, description wouldn't hurt (unlike the color of your text...lol).

Nice chappie and will be waiting for the next one!

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM

Banned

I edited the color, glad you liked it PMF. Chapter 3 will be ready after Christmas, I understand I don't get much readers now on Christmas Eve, with Brits like SM not online, anyone please enjoy the chappies

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

sorry i aint been here for a while; Christmas shopping and everything. Plus we got a new ice rink in the city, so i went there a few times, even tho i fell over and hurt my groin -_-'

good chapter, a very good one. Oosubame shouldn't have a capital S, just a note.

i like Subame, he's cool ^^

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Well, we'll see a lot more of Subambe soon, I mean OoSubambe, oops, that's a spoiler ain't it anyway, I've finished chapter 3 if I just get one more review, I'll post it.

Banned

Default Muder and joy...

Ah well, no readers? Gotten use to it anyways, merry christmas everyone and me present to all of you is... Chapter 3!

Chapter 3

As Jacob watched in awe, the Outrage missed Gengar by a hairsbreath. But the evil ghost, clapped its hand to form a beam of black. A Shadow beam! The beam soared out to strike Dratini and the dragon fainted.

The trainers recalled their Pokemon to the sound of booming laughter. Jacob and the lass turned around to see a stout hiker, laughing, “So you have received my Eon stone?”

“ A What?”

“Eon stone, it speeds up evolutions by Eons, very rare.”

“Erm, who are you and why did you help me?”

The hiker blushed a crimson red, “Forgive me, I am Stefano Solskjaer, the chairman of the Ghost fan club, we have a large collection of Eon stones, gathered over the decades and we go all around the world helping Haunter evolve to Gengar.”

“That’s unfair!” the girl burst out, “If not for you…”

She burst into a tirade of rude words. The hiker smiled, “ Well young lady, what’s your name and how about a battle.”

“Of course! My name is Sandra by the way.”

Sandra pulled out another Pokeball, it glinted blue in the sun. With that, she threw her Pokeball, out emerged a Rozeria! The Leafy Pokemon tittered before turning to face a Haunter!

“Rozeria! Razor leaf!”

“Haunter, cackle attack!”

The ghost smiled and laughed evilly as the razor-sharp leaves approached it, then as if charmed by some spell, the leaves fell lamely on the floor.

Sandra gasped as she stared at Haunter, she said instinctively, “Vine-whip!”

“Haunter, let’s give it a hypnosis, dream eater combo!”

The Haunter glowed red as it sent out a beam of light, it hit Rozeria sorely on its head and Rozeria dropped dead asleep. The Haunter smiled and clapped as a beam of black soared out of its hands and struck the poor leaf who grunted in its sleep and turned over, unconscious.

Sandra sighed as she recalled her Pokemon, with that she turned around and left. Stefano turned over to speak to Jacob, “Anyway, that was an interesting ghost that you have, a rather powerful Haunter, what other Pokemon do you have?”

“Subambe, Kimori, Quilava, Kadabra and Gengar, thanks to you, Mr. Solskjaer.”

“An interesting group.”

“What about you, sir?”

“Me? Oh I have a Haunter, a Misdreavous, two Gengars, a Gastly and for the sake of having a flying and powerful fire Pokemon, a Charizard.”

“Cool! Oh and by the way, I’m Burns, Jacob Burns.”

Stefano smiled and shook his hand. “Anyway, I got to be going, I have a meeting in Tokyo.” With that, he threw a Pokeball, in a flash of light, a well-built Charizard appeared. It shot a blast of fire into the air. Stefano climbed onto it and as the Charizard flew, he yelled, “If you ever make it into the World League, Mr. Burns, I’ll see you there!”

Four days later,

Jacob was standing in a mart in Paris, he sighed despairingly as he looked at the rows of Pokeballs and the newer great balls that surrounded him. All of them carried the insignia of Silph and had the words, produced by Jaques Silph. He picked up one of them, they were his invention, and that figging nanowhacker of a bastard had stolen them. With that, could stand it no longer, he threw one on the floor and roared in his anger.

The shoppers next to him stared disapprovingly, a store assistant walked over hastily and whispered to him, “Please cool yourself sir.”

Jacob turned around and spat at him, “Shut up you bull****ting bastard.”

“Sir…”

Jacob turned and punched him across the chest and whacked his lips. A mile away, a police siren sounded, officer Jenny was on her way.

The doors of the mart opened and officer Jenny trooped in. She looked lips of the assistant and pulled out a Pokeball, an Arcannie appeared. “Sir, kindly follow me to the police…”

“OUT!!!”

In flashes of light, Kadabra and Gengar appeared. “Do you know what the bastard Silph did to me I’ll kill you, I’ll kill you all! Kadabra psybeam the Arcannie, Gengar, shadow blast!”

Blasts flew out of nowhere and Gengar’s beam blasted a pipe at the side of the store which burst, fire burst out of nowhere, soon it covered the whole store and all the mart. Shoppers screamed as the fled, a wave of flames came across Kadabra, Gengar and Jacob who looked at it in shock and fainted, Kadabra swore and teleported them away.

“In today’s new, a mysterious trainer blew down the Paris Poke-mart with his Kadabra and Gengar, leaving tens dead and hundreds injured. Among the casualties were Paris mayor Duerre Lemere and Police governor Jenny. This is considered a murder case by the police though no suspects have been found. The only indication that it is a murder is that consumers met a man, who yelled about hating the honorable Jaques Silph, vice president of Silph Co. Francais. Mr. Silph who is now in New York on a buisiness trip refused to comment, this is Roger Satini, Pokemon news.” The newscaster read. Jacob looked at the television, relieved that no one had identified him. He was sitting in a side-walk café in Paris and the only indication that he had been injured was a long scar down his arm. A waitress walked up to him, “café?” (Coffee)

“Oui et pain plaire.” (Yes and bread please.)

“Tres Bien.” (okay)

Jacob held his head in his hands, he was a murderer, he had killed! He groaned, lucky officer Jenny and the bastard shop assistant were killed, they were those who had seen him clearly. A quick check at the ministere d’ le defunt (Ministry of the Deceased) had revealed that. Now, he wanted to know where the next gym was. Joy had said it was near the Parc d’ Princes (Park of Princes) but it was a 40,000 capacity stadium used by soccer team PSG and no gyms were nearby. There was no other Parc d’ Princes in his home city was far as he could recall.

He turned to the waitress who brought him the food and coffee, “ Ou Pokemon Gymnase Parc d’ Princes?” (Where is Pokemon gym Park of Princes?)

She smiled and spoke a French sentence that Jacob, being American born with only slight knowledge of French could not understand.

“Parlez vous Anglais?” (Do you speak English?)
    “Yes, I do, sir. The Pokemon Gym Park of Princes has not been built yet, if you are a Pokemon trainer, I suggest you go to New York, the Empire State gym there has an American leader, after which you can go to Montpellier and try the Pokemon Gym there, the Park of Princes is only being built after the current league season has finished.”

Jacob groaned, now he had to pay for a New Yorkien trip.

“Six mille francs!” (Six thousand francs) exclaimed Jacob in horror as he heard the price being told to him by an airport receptionist.

“Oui, touriste classe.” (Yes tourist class)

Jacob lamented as he withdrew his wallet and paid for the ticket on Air France, well it was after all to defeat the dickhead Silph. He walked over to the lounge and picked up the latest edition of Le Pokemon and turned to the Pokeball section. After taking a glimpse of it, he stuffed it into the bin, it appeared that Jaques Silph had opened another giant Pokemon mart in New York and would be there for several days to visit the gym leader, he snorted and strode over to the battle arena, his Subambe was beginning to show indications of evolving to a Oosubambe, and a battle was what it might need. Sure enough, there were plenty of trainers there. One of them, a tall sturdy fellow, approximately twenty years of age approached him. He nodded and they took their positions for a two-on-two.

An Ivysaur appeared to Subambe’s left and the battle commenced.

“Ivy, sunny day!”

“Subambe, fly as high as you can and aim a gust-air beam combo!”

The lad frowned in worry, air beam seemed to be a powerful attack. The atmosphere brightened considerably as Subambe took off in the air.

“Solar beam!”

“Subambe, as high as you can then do it!”

Ivysaur’s bulb grew and opened and a beam of yellow light shot out of it, straight at Subambe, who evaded it with considerable ease. It then flapped its wings rapidly and shot a gust at Ivysaur who surprisingly withstood it, then Subambe opened its mouth and a beam of white light soared out just as Ivysaur launched another solar beam. The two blasts collided and blasted Ivysaur who promptly fainted.

Up came a Grazam! Jacob gulped, it would be tough for a normal type to defeat a psychic, he instantaneously recalled Subambe and sent out his Gengar.

“Grazam, psychic!”

Shafts of blue light immediately began assaulting the ghost who leapt high to evade them, but it could not avoid the confusion that Grazam threw at it. As Gengar whirled around in confusion, Grazam began preparing for a hyper beam.

Jacob yelled out in worry, “Snap out of it, dude! Give it a taste of its own medicine, psybeam!”

Gengar groaned as the blast of white whacked it hard, it fell on the ground unconscious.

Jacob wailed, his most powerful Pokemon had literally gotten tuered (killed) by Grazam. He muttered a silent prayer and sent out Subambe.

The trainer smiled in confidence, “Psybeam!”

“Subambe, your me last hope, air beam!!! Give it all you’ve got!”

As the white light approached it, Subambe glowed, within seconds a powerful Oosubambe appeared!

The trainer stared on in shock as the Oosubambe took off into the air, shirking the blue blast. It roared off into the crystal blue sky, and was soon out of sight, somewhere in the big white clouds in the sky.

“Grazam, foresight, sense where it is, then psychic it!”

“You wish!” roared Jacob, “OoSubambe! Give it the biggest air beam that you ever can make, than prepare for a gust!”

The last order proved unnecessary as the Grazam had already fainted after colliding into the air beam. Jacob smiled in joy as he recalled the bird, he had gotten a powerful dude!

Author's note: Enjoy more about the murder soon..merry christmas and a happy new year, au revoir

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Nice chapter. Eon stone? cool! i'd love one I liked the description in this chapter; it seems that you've worked on it a lot. Some of the language was rather explicit, so to say, but i dont mind really. Heck, this was a great chapter.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Author's note: As we arrive at Chapitre four, the new year arrives, a time to start afresh, to revive the old, one fic I'm glad to be posted up again come the new year is Dragon Tales, an old TPM favorite in 01' as we approach 03' I'd just like to announce how glad I am to present Chapter four of the finest fic that I ever wrote Quete d' Amor

Chapter Four: The New Yorkien Challenge

As the plane landed at the Ronald Reegan airport, Jacob studied his team, Kimori, undoubtedly was the weakest in his team, hopefully he would evolve, Quilava, Kadabra, Gengar and Oosubambe were Pokemon any trainer in the world would pride on having. The problem was, he had only five Pokemon, trainers were allowed to carry eight, and there was a challenge of three more Pokemon and seven more gyms.

As he picked up his backpack and stepped out of the airport he found his way to the nearest Pokemon center, only to find that it was a place selling toys for kids. He sighed again as he saw the Pokeballs, they were his…but he had better keep his temper and not murder anyone, on the plane the police had announced that they were withdrawing the case after failing to find any clues or suspects. They had searched the trainer lists to find that more than five hundred trainers in France had a Kadabra and a Gengar.

It was a bright and beautiful Sunday and New York was unusually quiet as he finally found a real Poke Center, he healed his Pokemon, flirted with Joy before asking her about the gym at Empire State, she smiled before saying, "Oh that gym! Well, only trainers of real class can enter that, and of course, I bet you haven't heard the gym riddle?"

"Gym riddle?"

"I thought so, it is a riddle to help trainers find the gyms, now onwards no nurse or police officer can help trainers find gyms, anyway, the gym riddle goes

A master of strength; a master of fate,
    know his Pokemon he will,
    first he must find the wisdom gate,
    and needn't kill

The gym of the mind be the first,
    Brute power will not prevail,
    The power of air be the next,
    Mist is its mysterious veil
    Third do be the fighting gym,
    As the brainless win
    The influence fire be the fourth,
    Molten lava might kill your kin
    Nature's power be the fifth,
    Ivies, vines do thy work
    The one that sunk Titanic is none but the sixth,
    Lying in the village of York
    Control of Water be the next,
    In sweet Geneva it lies,
    Final is the legend's power,
    As cowards cower.

Be in Marseilles the first shall be,
    In bustling New York the next
    Third do be in busy Tokyo
    In Montpellier lies the fourth
    In Singapore be the fifth
    Lying in Iceland is the sixth,
    In Geneva lies Water
    The final test sits no other than in a Park of Princes.

Joy finished with a smile. Jacob gulped, nothing worse that a trip around the world, first Marseille for the Mind Badge than to New York, Tokyo back to France to Singapore than Iceland, Geneva and back to Parc' d Princes (Park of Prince.

Tough, it would be. "So is the Empire States' gym Air type?"

Joy nodded, "Oh and sous-estimer (underestimate) him you must not, for his final power lies in Dragons."

Jacob gulped, dragons…they were said to be the finest Pokemon in the land and very hard to defeat, the only dragons he’d ever seen was a Dratini.

A cab-ride later, and Jacob was standing in front of New York’s famous landmark, the Empire State Building, he enquired a passer-by about the gym and took a lift up to the top floor.

In front of him, was a wailing trainer. Jacob looked at the score-board and was shocked! The trainer had used seven Pokemon, the Pokemon he was using now, a Mainan was the eighth, the leader had only used one, a Dragonair, which was hyper beaming the poor little blue Pichu look-a-like.

The trainer sighed as he recalled his Mainan and withdrew from the arena. Jacob walked into the battleground and gave the leader his hardest stare. The leader was wearing a dark black cloak, his short blonde hair glistened in the sun. He smiled thinly, “I am Lance (not related to GB games!), the gym leader, if you win, you will become only the fifth trainer to do so, some names such as Greg, Pokemaster of the world have fallen in this gym and never came back. It will be a 2-on-2 battle, and I suggest you look up at the ceiling.”

Jacob glanced up at the ceiling to notice that it was a glass dome about two hundred feet higher than where he stood now, he assumed it was to help the flying Pokemon.

Jacob decided hastily on using Kimori, if he sent out a Gyrados, the type advantage would be equal as Kimori was prone to air, whilst Gyrados was weak to grass.

“Go Pokeball!” the two cries rang loud in the stadium.

For the first time, Jacob saw there was a small crowd cheering on Lance, who simply smiled back as he unleashed a…Dragonite. Jacob covered his face in disbelieve, he was sure that lil’ Kimori was gonna get tuered (killed out there.

“Kimori, sunny day!”

“Dragonite, fly!”

As the dragon took off into the air, sunlight began flooding into the arena from goodness knows where. The green lizard smiled as it bathed in the sunlight but it wouldn’t last long as the huge dragon came flying down.

“Agility, Kimori! Then, solar beam!”

The lizard darted pass the dragon who landed on the Earth with a thump, Jacob looked at Lance who was still smiling. As the sun-beam hit his Dragon who stood up promptly.

“Excellent work done, Dragonite, now, how about a hyper beam!”

Jacob grimaced as the dragon opened its mouth, this was known to be a one-or-two hit K.O attack, and Dragon didn’t look weak, but Kimori was stuttering in tiredness already.

Jacob closed his eyes just as he reviewed the attacks Kimori knew and what he could do. Out of Dragonite’s mouth soared a hyper beam, at that moment, Jacob screamed, “I don’t know if you can do it, but mirror move!”

At the nanosecond before, the hyper beam would hit the lizard, a white shield appeared. The beam hit the shield which burst and reflected back to hit the dragon who dropped dead or rather unconscious.

Jacob opened his eyes in disbelief, Lance snorted but the confident grin didn’t leave his eyes, instead he withdrew a Pokeball revealing a Chiritarisu!

The worse thing was that being a new Pokemon, being newly discovered had unknown weaknesses. The Chiritarisu had to be a flying and dragon type that Jacob knew but as far as his knowledge went he had no Ice Pokemon to help.

Sighing, he decided on his strongest Pokemon, his Gengar!

The ghost cackled wickedly as Lance bellowed, "Chiritarisu! Hyper beam!''

"Gengar! Hypnosis-dream eater!''

As the Dragonair look-a-like opened it's mouth, the evil ghost waved its hands wickedly, its eyes gleamed a ruby red. As Chiritarisu looked into them, it relaxed and fell into dreamland.

Jacob smiled, this was going to be easy. Gengar waved it's hands and muttered an inchantation. He heard Chiritarisu groan in his sleep, it was deeply weakened.

"Gengar! Clinch the badge! Let's give him a shadow beam!"

Out of the blue, Chiritarisu flickered awake! As Gengar waved his hands, Lance grinned widely,” Dodge the beam Chiritarisu!"

The Chiritarisu agilely leapt out of harms way and the black beam crashed into the hoardings.

Chiritarisu then opened its mouth and fired a beam of white at Gengar, a Dragon blast!

Banned

Default Potiential Spoiler

Just thought I'd mention that in Chapter Five, which is in production and will be ready only come January 1, 2003! And that our esteemed hero Dr. Burns will have a run-in with the ****er Silph. Heh, well, read Chapter Four and appreaciate my work dudes! Oh and on the explicit language SM, its 'cos I haven't sworn a single bit in my previous fics, not any more them, other than the occasional damn, so why not go different on this, it seems to be the best fic I ever wrote.

hey, new york is in this thing!!! YAY!!!!

it's good... although i don't think any pokemon except legendaries should have an easy time against a dragonite. that's always the problem in pokemon fictions, though... either they win by a mile or they lose by just as much.

and french is still evil. =P

hmmm... this review seems negative. i don't mean it that way. it's quite good. and anybody that can speak/knows french impresses me. it's a really pretty language, just... the pronunciation... *shudder*

Banned

Thanks for the review Madelyn151, actually I count French as a beautiful language and as an art to speak it Anyway, yeah this is the problem with fics, ah, well, we just have to live with it then!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I was never good at Art. Or French

Well, the chapter was great; i liked the riddle, but i would have classed it more as a Poem. A riddle is something like 'What can you serve, but not eat or drink?' (PM me the right answer) whereas your example was clearly a poem. Maybe you could get away with it being a 'clue'.

Still on about the poem, i think some parts gave you difficulty. One thing i'd advise is trying to trim down words, changing 'The one that sunk Titanic is none but the sixth' to something shorter, maybe say that 'Titanic's grave is guarded by 6' or something.

I liked this chapter a lot . Keep it up

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Erm, well on 'Titanic's Grave is guarded by the sixth' it wouldn't be correct because Titanic didn't sink near iceland. But Titanic did get hit by a iceberg, and thus the name, Iceland. Thanks for the review tho.

Banned

Some updates:

28 December:
    Started on Chapter Five of Quete d'Amor hope for next chapter to be up by new year's eve. One spoiler, Jacob gets a legendary. Anyway, anyone wants some spoilers on the future chapters, please state here. K? Anyway, listening to 105.4 Century FM on the internet to Premiership Saturday

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

no wonder i failed History

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Default Alakazam, Latias, Future Masters

SM: Heh, don't worry loads of people don't know where Titanic sank, just that its somewhere near Ireland. Anyway, thanks to some superb effort by me that included staying til Midnite, I managed to finish Chapter Five! Enjoy

Chapter-5: Latias, Alakazam, future masters

As the white beam approached, Jacob howled, "Gengar, curse attack!''

The ghost hurriedly produced a pin out of nowhere and pricked itself with. Promptly, Gengar and his opponent fainted.

Lance stared at the arena in shock, he appeared to be in a daze. He dropped to his knees as he recalled his dragon-flyer.

Abruptly, he straightened up and smiled forcibly at Jacob. "Well done, sir. That was a great battle and I must present you with the air badge and technical machine wing attack. Also, I have a request. You seem a very intriguing trainer to me, you see, apart from being a gym leader, I am also a Pokemon psychologist. I would love to travel with you to study you."

Jacob slowly took in his words and grinned,"A companion wouldn't hurt."

"Just where do you think you are going!" a voice boomed.

Lance and Jacob turned to see...Jaques Silph!

The man had a white beard though his hair was still blonde and his face's red showing only a fraction of his anger.

He roared at Jacob, "You prick! How dare you steal my staff! Lancelot, if you ever go off with this ****er, you will never have another job with Silph!"

"So be it,"Lancelot answered coolly,"I told you beforehand Mr Silph that I am a dragon trainer, let's go dude!"

"I have Chiritarisu, Dragonite, Dragonair,Chiritto, Charizard and a Oosubame." Lance was introducing his team.

They were in the empty battle arena at JFK airport. Abruptly, he pulled a Pokeball out of his jean's pocket. He handed it to Jacob, "I want you to have this."

Jacob threw it into the air anticipating a Chiritto. What appeared was beyond his wildest dreams, for a Latias appeared.

It was minute, smaller than any Pokemon Jacob had ever seen, the red she-dragon cradled in his arms and tittered at him. Jacob look at Lance in wonder, “How did you get this Pokemon? I mean it is a Latias!”

“Well, you see Latias is a part dragon and part psychic type, eons ago, my family were appointed guardians of Dragons by Celebi. We and another family in another dimension, were entrusted to look after Latias, Latios and all other dragon Pokemon.

Well every ten millenniums, Latias, which is the female of the two, dies, in its place it produces a Latias and a Latios. While Latios, the elder brother of Latias simply falls after the birth of the two Pokemon, Latias was entrusted to me by my grandfather.”

“But that still doesn't explain why you have to give me Latias?”

Lance pulled his head down, he said mournfully, “Years ago, when my grandfather died, he…gave my mother a Latios to look after, I was given a Latias. His last words were, “On the day you are defeated with a trainer with intrigue, give Latias to him. He believed that the trainer would have a dark past, and one day he would arise to be a master beyond masters, in other words, the world's Ultimate Pokemaster. And I believe the trainer is you, Jacob.”

“Wh…Why?”

“I looked in the eyes of your Kimori, your Gengar, they obviously hold you with a high respect, that's why I decided to give it to, I ask of you, Jacob, keep Latias.”

Jacob lowered his head for a moment, before finally looking up, “I will,” Lance brightened up, “But for one condition.”

“And what is that?” enquired Lance.

“It is only right that I give you a Pokemon in return.”

“Very well, and what Pokemon is that.”

Jacob unclipped the Pokeball from his belt, it was his Kadabra. He had heard that trainers with Kadabras and Gengars were being huntecd down by the Police, it was right that he should give Lance the Pokemon in exchange for Latias, and it would get rid of a Pokemon that might give him trouble.

He handed it over to Lance, “It is my Kadabra, now that Latias is a part dragon and psychic type, I won't be needing her anymore, anyway, take it and open it, after I trade it to you, it should evolve, to be an Alakazam. May it bring you as much hope as it brought me!”

Lance threw the Pokeball high in the air, a glowing Kadabra appeared. It shimmered a red-hot white, Lance and Jacob covered their eyes, only taking away their hands when they saw the wise sage, Alakazam in front of them. Jacob and Lance withdrew their Pokemon, and they held in their eyes, a mutual respect for each other.

“I require two tickets to Tokyo Narita,” said Lance to the air receptionist, “Preferably on Air France, tourist class.”

“That will be US$1000 sir.”

Lance handed over the check and picked up the two tickets, they were on their way, to Japan and the next gym!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Nice chapter, although the Latias thing was very unexpected. Maybe Latias, as i advise a lot, could be a guardian that follows Jacob and Lance instead of an actual Pokemon. It seems that i hate legendaries...lol.

I also need to remember those blue cloud birds...the small one's Chirrito, right? Don't ask me why...i aint saying

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Thanks for the review Sm, well its too late to change Latias to a guardian, anyway, its still a baby. Pleas r and r all you dudes out there!

Banned

Chapter 6

Author's note: Thanks to me super typing skills, I managed to finish typing chapter 6, all dudes out there, enjoy!

Jacob settled comfortably into his seat, he still couldn't believe he now owned one of the rarest Pokemon in the world. He flipped open Le Parisian as usual the prick was clogging the headlines.

Snorting, he turned around to face the airhostess, "Could I buy a Chag'Les? Vintage '97?''

She nodded and brought a wine bottle and a bill for one thousand francs to him. Jacob signed without batting an eyelid. Next to him, Lance wondered where he got the money from before deciding that it was a typical Frenchman attitude.

Five hours later, they landed at Narita. It was freezing cold when Jacob hailed a cab and asked the driver to bring them to Narita Pokemon gym. The young *** squinted at him before asking if Jacob and Lance were Pocket Monster trainers.

When they acknowledged, he bowed deeply and said, "I am afraid that I am forbidden to take you to the gym. You have to make your way to the Training embassies and defeat a trainer who will then direct you to the gymnasium if you defeat him or her.''

"Very well, take us to the nearest embassy!"

Nestled in the heart of Tokyo was a small two-floor glass building. Lance and Jacob walked into the reception and registered Jacob for battle. The secretary combed his Pokedex details and told him to arrive in the morning for his battle, against a trainer, Adriano at eleven am.

Since it was already six, she told him that the trainer-ambassadors were not in. She told Jacob to try a hotel for the night, before coming back tomorrow.

They walked to the Hilton, which was two blocks away. Lance looked at Jacob in horror as he ordered the Presidential suite, and two trays of French food from Grand Café (Great Café).

When they retired to the suite (which contained a battle arena, satellite tv, a PC, a Jacuzzi, two four-poster beds and a self-operated café) the first question Lance asked was, “How'd you get the money?”

“What money?” Jacob asked innocently as he poured himself a glass of champagne.

“The money you got for the bottle of wine on the plane, the money for the Presidential Suite! For the French food!”

“Oh…you want to know.”

Lance nodded insistently.

Jacob smiled, “After you gave me Latias, you told me that I would become the world's Ultimate Master right?”

“Er…that's what my grandfather said.”

“Anyway, its simple, I called up Ladbrokes betting company to place a bet on me becoming the world's greatest master. They would pay for all my accommodation if I do become the Ultimate trainer, so they gave me two million francs to spend as I wish, I can always call them up for more!”

“And what's the condition?”

“Condition! Oh, if I fail to become the Ultimate master, I'll pay them double what I took!”

“What!” exploded Lance, “Than what if…”

Whatever he wanted to say was drowned out by the hotel bell, a waiter stood by the door and he wheeled a cart of food into their suite. Jacob looked at his belt and saw four Pokeballs.

He asked, “You a trainer?”

The waiter looked embarrassed, “Yes sir.”

“Let's have a battle shall we?”

The waiter nodded eagerly, “What about a bet sir? For the fun, a hundred?”

“Sure, a hundred thousand, in what francs or dollars?”

The waiter's head fell, “I meant a hundred yen sir!”

“Whatever, a two on two fine?”

“Yes sir!”

The two proceeded to the balcony which served as a battle arena. The waiter smiled and they shouted in unison, “Go Pokeball!”

Two Pokemon emerged, a Raticate appeared to face…Latias.

The waiter looked on, astounded as the red she-dragon took off into the sky. Jacob grinned at the waiter, “Are you gonna stand there all day, or do something?”

“Aww, right. Raticate get ready for a hyper fang!”

“Latias, dragon rage!”

The dragon opened its mouth and shot out an inferno of fire, which surrounded the rat, when the flames subdued, Raticateed look extremely frail. But, it leapt high and managed to take a bite off Latias.

Latias screeched in anger, without waiting for a command and shot a white searing hot beam at Raticate, a hyper beam that promptly finished it.

The dude's next Pokemon was an Agehunto. Jacob looked on, impressed by the butterfly as he recalled Latias and sent out Treecko.

“Razor leaves!”

“Agehunto, gust!”

Treecko managed to fire a bout of leaves at Agehunto before diving out of harm's way. The green lizard jumped into the air to fire a glaring solar beam at the butterfly which promptly fainted.

The waiter sighed as he withdrew a hundred yen from the pocket and handed it to a beaming Jacob. Suddenly, Treecko glowed green, Jacob's grin widened for a second later, a Juputol took its place!

Name: Jacob Burns
    League registered under: France
    Badges: 2
    Pokemon (and estimated levels)
    Quilava lv 30
    OoSubame lv 32
    Latias lv 32
    Juputol lv 32
    Gengar lv 32

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

i think this chapter was short, and had little action. I think you really need to go through how Jacob felt in Tokyo compared to Paris. The two are a lot diferent, and maybe Jacob could even be ripped off by a Pokemon vendor of some sort. Also, i think Latias needs a harder time in battles; if she just pretty much whips her opponents anytime Jacob has won the league already.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

all problems with this fiction are solved because lance is travelling with jacob. LANCE 0WNZ!!!!

...anyway, having a legendary pokemon makes battles kind of... boring. yeah. it's like having a L70 surf/psychic lugia out against bruno in gsc... sorry, i got off-topic ^_^;; omg jacob has QUILAVA!!!!! those are like my favorite pokemon (the cyndaquil family)... he's old. that's interesting, you never see old pokemon trainers in fictions.

good stuff. now go read my fic. =P

Random Drop-By Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

hey dude! man it really does feel good to see how far you've come as a writer since the first time we were here. remember way back then? your writing is much improved now, and i'm glad you're still enjoying writing. the twist of jacob needing to be champ or pay all that money was great, really good way to show how confident this guy is. and the french in the fic is original, and you've also gotten a lot better handle on originality as of late. really great job buddy, and w00t w00t for lance =).

dratini by day

haunter by night

Best. Forum. Ever.