Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Chris 2.0 vs. Silencer - Ref: Mew Master

2-2 one out at a time
    DQ Time: 10 days
    Banned Moves: Direct Healers
    I send out 1st
    You attack 1st
    Arena: City Center. A large city center in the middle of London. Skyscrapers surround us, as do roads full of zooming traffic and red buses. We battle on cement so rock attacks can't really come from through the ground. There is a thick layer of smog that deals 2% to each Pokemon each round.

I'm going to begin with Iice, my Piloswine [M]. GO!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Fight Me!

I'd like to battle you, Chris. Go, male purple Nidorina, Tristan!

Water Pulse, Iron Tail, Double Kick!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

No Mega. We just had a double battle and we're already in a match. I'd like to battle someone else.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Aye. Ok then. I just thought I'd get a ref for sure if I were battling you n_n

Student of Activity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Any chance that I can fight you?

I just have one battle going on and that's pretty pathetic. I know we had that gym match and all but...

How do you deal with unexpected pregnancies?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yea its been a while and I guess this can make up for the cancelled Gym Match

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

I guess I should test this gal out in a one on one

Go Kyodaigumo(ariados, female)

Alright Kyo, we'll start off with a Spider Web. If we manage to grab it, we should try a nice Toxic, nice and early. And we'll finish of with a Signal Beam.

If our foe manages to escape the Spider Web, resort to Toxic Spikes on the second action

Spider Web~Toxic/Toxic Spikes~Signal Beam

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

send out an icy wind to freeze the oncoming web. Then use ice beam. End with avalanche.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

can we get a ref please?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

One Reffing... comming up
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

Master Trainer

Round 1! Pre-Round Stats
    Banned Moves: Direct healers
    DQ: 10 Days
    Pokémon: OO vs. OO
    Theme: Billy the Kid (Chris LeDoux)

Iice (Piloswine, Male, Team Chris 2.0)
    HP: 100
    MP: 100
    Icy Wind~Ice Beam~Avalanche

Kyodaigumo (Ariados, Female, Team Silencer)
    Status: Hungry… I think… Bugs are kinda hard to read in that aspect and spiders ALWAYS look hungry.
    Spider Web~Toxic~Signal Beam (Subs: Toxic Spikes)

The Arena
    City Center.
    A large city center in the middle of London. Skyscrapers surround us, as do roads full of zooming traffic and red buses. We battle on cement so rock attacks can't really come from through the ground. There is a thick layer of smog that deals 2% to each Pokémon each round.

Ready! FIGHT!

It’s a beautiful day in the city… if anyone could breathe! The ref starts hacking up a lung and a few random internal organs that he apparently doesn’t need anymore.

The match starts as Silencer and Chris let their two Pokémon out in the middle of the city. Which is odd for a Poliswine in this kind of heat.

Kyodia… Kyodiaga…. GAH! KYO, starts to spread thin streams of its own silk between the skyscrapers, sidewalk, fountain, and various lightpoles (
    -3), setting up to ensnare Iice in this spider’s parlor. Iice, however, has other plans regarding that. Taking a deep breath, the Ice/Ground Pokémon exhales a blast of freezing-cold air (-5) aiming not for the spider dancing on her web, but for her webs instead. The wind blasts around the arena, hitting the webs directly and causing a thin line of frost to develop, but the webbing stays intact!

However, the cold had a side-effect, while it didn’t freeze the web into shattering splinters, it DID reduce it’s adhesiveness. At least until the web thaws. As thus the Piloswine’s unstuck, and can move somewhat through the web. He takes this chance and charges up a ball of ice-cold energy that blasts off in a jet, heading for Kyo (
    -6). The spider starts crawling along her web, as the beam touches and freezes parts of her web. Arching up, she’s hit by the beam, which causes two of her legs to freeze up, coated in ice (-7). Her web didn’t fair so well though. In retaliation, Kyo angles herself so that her abdomen is pointing at Iicy, spikes begin to shoot out, sticking into light poles, buildings, the cement, that fountain over there, and her web itself (-4).

Hissing… I think it’s hissing, Kyo opens her mandibles and a beam of bug-colored… (Okay so I’m mostly making up descriptions at this point), energy blasts forward from her point on her remaining web, slamming into the still immobile Poliswine (
    -7/-8). A rumbling down in his throat, Icce summons a mass of snow and boulders to come into the field. However this isn’t as bas as it could be, the “wave” of ice and snow hits part of the web, tearing it from his bindings, the spider struggling to hold onto the web to remain above ground (-8)

Round 1! Post-Round Stats

HP: 90
    MP: 81

HP: 91
    MP: 86
    Status: Numb. Two Legs covered in Ice. Annoyed that her web is coated over with frost and getting thrashed so easily.

Ref Notes: 65% of Spider Web left on the field, currently the fibers are frozen over and will thaw in 2 Rounds. Toxic Spikes scattered in snowfield, contact will poison.

Chris 2.0 Attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Good work Iice, and thanks for reffing MM

Iice, tear apart the arena and strike Kyo with a sandstorm. If its knocked to the ground use earthquake and end with ice beam. If its not on the ground use avalanche. If it comes close, chomp it with ice fang.

Sandstorm -- Earthquake/Avalanche -- Ice Beam
    ~Ice Fang~

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Since he halted our previous attempt, let's try another Toxic. Then let's use a Signal Beam and finish off with a Psybeam to counter his beam

Toxic~Signal Beam~Psybeam

And thanks for the reffing MM

Master Trainer

Round 2! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 90
    MP: 81
    Sandstorm~Earthquake~Ice Beam (Subs: Avalance for E-Quake, and Ice Fang if in Close Quarters)

HP: 91
    MP: 86
    Status: Numb. Two Legs covered in Ice. Annoyed that her web is coated over with frost and getting thrashed so easily.
    Toxic~Signal Beam~Psybeam

The Arena
    City Center.
    A large city center in the middle of London. Skyscrapers surround us, as do roads full of zooming traffic and red buses. We battle on cement so rock attacks can't really come from through the ground. There is a thick layer of smog that deals 2% to each Pokémon each round.

Ready! FIGHT!

When last we left our intrepid battlers…

Kyo, in her anger over her beautiful web being destroyed by the ice-swine, bleches and expels a burst of sludge, arching through the air and splattering on Iice (
    -7). The Ice Pokémon coughs as some of the sludge begins to soak through his skin (Poisoned). Grumbling, the Poliswine lets loose with a roar that is soon followed by a howling wind (-5). The wind picks up and sand particles begin to start blowing through the city streets, scaring everything and giving everything a sand-polished shine.

Using this diversion Iice summons another wave of ice and snow to over-come the field once again (
    -5), however it wasn’t as effective last time, only half of the amount of snow ended up on the field. Hissing through the sand pelting her shell, Kyo charges up another beam and lets it fly in the direction where she last saw the Ice Pokémon, however, her aim isn’t as good as it could be (-7/-5).

Both Pokémon start to charge beams and fire them through the blinding sand (
    -8/-8). The beams fire wildly until the Pokémon can see where the other beam originates from and angle their shots in that direction. Most of the beam is used, however, and thus when they connect their damaged is reduced (-5/-3). They both start to cough as the smog takes effect and the sand blasts their pelts (-2 (Area), -2 (Sandstorm)/ -2 (Area), -2 (Sandstorm)).

With that, Round 2 is completed.

Round 2! Post-Round Stats

HP: 78
    MP: 62
    Status: Poisoned (HP Drain begins next round). Blinded by Sandstorm

HP: 82
    MP: 64
    Status: Numb. Two Legs covered in Ice. Annoyed that her web is coated over with frost and getting thrashed so easily. Blinded by Sandstorm.

Ref Notes: 57% of Spider Web left on the field, currently the fibers are frozen over and will thaw in 1 Rounds, the Sandstorm wills tart to take it’s toile on the web as well. Toxic Spikes scattered in snowfield, contact will poison. Sandstorm will deal 2 Damage every round on top of the 2 from environmental hazards for the next 4 Rounds. The Toxic has to soak through Piloswine’s thick fur, which is why it will take affect starting next round.

Silencer Attacks First.
    Last edited by Mew Master; 26th June 2007 at 03:56 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Chris 2.0 vs. Silencer - Ref: Mew Master

This storm is forcing is to get close, so strike with a Poison Jab. Then a point blank Signal Beam will do nicely and we'll finish off with Night Shade.

If it decides to use Earthquake or Blizzard, jump on top of him and use a Poison Jab, maybe aim for the eyes if you can locate them.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Rock and ground types don't recieve damage from sandstorm.

Iice it's coming in close. Use double team, then use ice beam x2.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

Round 3! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 80
    MP: 62
    Status: Poisoned (HP Drain begins next round). Blinded by Sandstorm.
    Double Team~Ice Beam~Ice Beam

HP: 82
    MP: 64
    Status: Numb. Two Legs covered in Ice. Annoyed that her web is coated over with frost and getting thrashed so easily. Blinded by Sandstorm.
    Poison Jab~Signal Beam~Night Shade (Subs: Poison Jab)

The Arena
    City Center.
    A large city center in the middle of London. Skyscrapers surround us, as do roads full of zooming traffic and red buses. We battle on cement so rock attacks can't really come from through the ground. There is a thick layer of smog that deals 2% to each Pokémon each round. Sandstorm brewing for 3 more Rounds.

Ready! FIGHT!

A brewing sandstorm, a massive web, downtown London. Is it a B-movie gone wrong? Nope. Just Chris vs Silencer, Round 3!

Dropping in from her web like a mockery of Charlotte’s Web, Kyo spins down, one of her claws leaking putrid liquid (
    -6). She drops fast, going for a quick stab at Iice. She connects, but there’s no recoil from the strike. Iice dissolves like a fake hologram, the real Piloswine snuggled comfortably in its nice snow field (-8).

Letting out a deep roar, Iice charges and releases a beam of ice-cold chill (
    -7) right at the dangling Kyo. Smacking the spider like a pińata, the beam causes a layer of ice to form on some of her exoskeleton (-11) as well as spinning her around. Dropping from the single silken strand, Kyo shakes her head and blasts back at Iice with a beam as well (-6/-5 (Glancing, slightly dizzy from being spun around)).

Smirking Iice prepares to launch another blast, just as Kyo starts to gain a darkened arua. Discharging his blast to smack the bug (
    -8) and the beam hits the bug (-8,-6/-6) Just as the bug lets the arua surrounding her to spread out and encase Iice, causing instant cell damage in a most evil way. Coughing through the sand and smog, Round 3’s over (-2 (Area), -2 (Sandstorm)/ -2 (Area), -1 (Toxic)).

Round 3! Post-Round Stats

HP: 66
    MP: 39
    Status: Poisoned (2 HP Next round). Blinded by Sandstorm. No clones.

HP: 59
    MP: 46
    Status: Numb. Three Legs covered in Ice. Annoyed that her web is coated over with frost and getting thrashed so easily. Blinded by Sandstorm.

Ref Notes: 55% of Spider Web left on the field, currently the fibers are frozen over and is now thawed, the Sandstorm will start to take it’s toile on the web as well. Toxic Spikes scattered in snowfield, contact will poison. Sandstorm will deal 2 Damage every round on top of the 2 from environmental hazards for the next 2 Rounds. Mental block bout Sandstorm, refunded 2 HP to Iice before beginning of Round. Double Team basically makes multiple copies that will disipate once the original or one of the illusions is attacked. Nice diversionary tactic.

Chris 2.0 Attacks First.
    Last edited by Mew Master; 28th June 2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Dumb mistakes... should write reffings while I'm AWAKE >.<
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

A quick question, shouldn't the sandstorm wipe out the clone before Kyo attacked? I figured it would have the same effect as with a rain dance.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

How many clones did double team produce? Also Night Shade does not involve the user dissapearing; you're thinking of faint attack. Night shade is a dark, jagged blast of ghostly energy.

(Thanks for the quick reffings though MM )

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

Gah... give me a sec to fix some things >.<

Doing Reffings at 5AM is apparently NOT a good thing...
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer

Okay, fixed my mistake of using Faint Attack rather than Night Shade (seriously, 5 AM Reffings are going to be the death of me).

Sandstorms damage as well as the Arena's smog effect come into play at the end of the Round, thus even with my Reffing of Double Team disipating once a clone or the original is hit, they would have been taken out by the Sandstorm effect at the end of the Round any way.

Yes yes yes, I'm probably the quickest Ref at ASB right now... I just need to tay appention to what I type half the time ^^U
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Iice, let's use an earthquake to begin with. Next blast Ariados with mud bomb and end with ice beam. If it uses double team, then destroy the clones with earthquake.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Kyo, let's go spiderwoman on him.

Use a String Shot to swoop over the field and land on top of him. You could probably use your web or the surrounding buildings. And being a spider, it shouldn't be to hard to stick onto that mammoth.

Then, give him a Bug Bite. And finally, after he attempts the ice beam, jump up and launch a Signal Beam straight on top of him

String Shot~Bug Bite~Signal Beam

Master Trainer

Round 4! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 66
    MP: 39
    Status: Poisoned (2 HP Next round). Blinded by Sandstorm. No clones.
    Earthquake~Mud Bomb~Ice Beam (Sub: Earthquake)

HP: 59
    MP: 46
    Status: Numb. Three Legs covered in Ice. Annoyed that her web is coated over with frost and getting thrashed so easily. Blinded by Sandstorm.
    String Shot~Bug Bite~Signal Beam

The Arena
    City Center.
    A large city center in the middle of London. Skyscrapers surround us, as do roads full of zooming traffic and red buses. We battle on cement so rock attacks can't really come from through the ground. There is a thick layer of smog that deals 2% to each Pokémon each round. Sandstorm brewing for 2 more Rounds.

Ready! FIGHT!

Despite a trip back in time to correct a few things due to the Ref being too tired to type them correctly in the first place, Round 4’s going down! Man… this does seem like a bad Sci-Fi movie… Please don’ sue!!!!![/beg]

The round picks off as the Ref’s hauled into an Ambulance. In a classic Spiderman running jump, Kyo skitters and blasts a thin string of silk up to the remaining webbing, using that to swing her way towards Iice (
    -5). The Piloswine, however content, stomps the yard, sending an extra blast into the ground and letting loose with a massive earthquake (-10). The shockwave travels up Kyo’s web and even shaking her as she tries to land on the Ice/Ground Pokémon’s back. Her shot, however, is over-shot and she lands behind the Poliswine, landing hard on the snow (-3).

Turning towards the grounded bug, Iice hocks up a burst of muddy pellets and spits them right at Kyo trying to right herself back up (
    -6/-5 (ACC Lowered)) which manage to sink in around the Ariados’ eyes. Hissing a high-pitched screech, Kyo lunges for her foe fangs agape, her jump is slightly short, and she doesn’t land quite the scoring bite that she was hoping (-7/-4).

Holding her action, Iice gets another shot as he blasts a beam of freezing cold at her (
    -8) at which Kyo only takes slight damage, scurrying to the side to avoid the worst of it, and unleashing her own attack in retaliation (-6, -10/-7).

Yeah, it’s a B-Movie only with better special effects at the end of Round 4 (
    -2 (Area), -2 (Sandstorm)/ -2 (Area), -2 (Toxic))!

Round 4! Post-Round Stats

HP: 51
    MP: 15
    Status: Poisoned (3 HP Next round). Blinded by Sandstorm. No clones.

HP: 37
    MP: 28
    Status: Numb. Three Legs covered in Ice. Annoyed that her web is coated over with frost and getting thrashed so easily. Blinded by Sandstorm and muck in eyes (ACC -). Feeling Numb

Ref Notes: 55% of Spider Web left on the field. Toxic Spikes scattered in snowfield, contact will poison. Sandstorm will deal 2 Damage every round on top of the 2 from environmental hazards for the next 1 Round.

Silencer Attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Damn, that round didn't go so well. Apolegies Kyo.

But let's repay what he did to us huh. Use a psychic to throw that big heap of hair away. Then use a sonic boom to damage him where ever he is. If he uses an earthquake press R1, I mean use string shot to zipline up to your webbing. Repeat this for the second action if needed

Psychic~Sonic Boom/String Shot(x2)

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Use amnesia to help Ariados forget how to use webbing (since string shot was used last turn I'm assuming this is possible). Next use two earthquakes. If Amnesia fails, then use ice beam x2.

Amnesia [Psychic] -- Earthquake/Ice Beam x2

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

Round 5! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 51
    MP: 15
    Status: Poisoned (3 HP Next round). Blinded by Sandstorm. No clones.
    Amnesia~Earthquake~Earthquake (Sub: Ice Beam x2)

HP: 37
    MP: 28
    Status: Numb. Three Legs covered in Ice. Annoyed that her web is coated over with frost and getting thrashed so easily. Blinded by Sandstorm and muck in eyes (ACC -). Feeling Numb.
    Psyhcic~Sonic Boom~Sonic Boom (Sub: String Shot x2)

The Arena
    City Center.
    A large city center in the middle of London. Skyscrapers surround us, as do roads full of zooming traffic and red buses. We battle on cement so rock attacks can't really come from through the ground. There is a thick layer of smog that deals 2% to each Pokémon each round. Sandstorm brewing for 1 more Rounds.

Ready! FIGHT!

I said it before, and I’ll say it again. Bad B-Movie rip-off, Round 5!

Hissing in that eerie bug-like hiss that we all think spiders do, Kyo glares at Iice and the wolly-mastodon-like-thing finds itself being lifted off the ground and then thrown backwards into part of a building (
    -10/-8). Chunks of cement and rebar fall down in the wreckage as the Ice/Ground Pokémon rights itself, staring at Kyo skittering on the snow there’s a faint glow around the Piloswine (-6).

Struggling back onto the snowfield, Iice lifts his body and then brings it down with a massive THUD (
    -9, -1 (Energy Substitute)). A massive shockwave starts to roll through the snowfield, turning the snow into quicksand-er snow (Science is fuuuun). Taking her cue, Kyo jumps up, intending to… er… what was it again? And she falls back onto the snow, just as the sisemic wave smacks into her (-3, -5 (High Jump then long fall, -7 (Earthquake)).

Hissing back at her opponent Kyo lets out a howling screech towards her opponent, however, the muck in her eyes is affecting her aim, and the attack doesn’t land straight on (
    -5/-3). Wincing through the pain in his head, Iice slams the ground again, sending another shockwave in Kyo’s, the city, and well… everywhere (-5 Energy Substitute/-12).

The sandstorm finally dies down, and yet everyone’s looking hurt (
    -2 (Area), -2 (Sandstorm)/ -2 (Area), -3 (Toxic))

Round 5! Post-Round Stats

HP: 29
    MP: 0
    Status: Poisoned (4 HP Next round). Blinded by Sandstorm. Exhausted

HP: 9
    MP: 8
    Status: Numb. Three Legs covered in Ice. Annoyed that her web is coated over with frost and getting thrashed so easily. Blinded by Sandstorm and muck in eyes (ACC -). Feeling Numb. String Shot Unuseable. Drained, pysically and mentally.

Ref Notes: 51% of Spider Web left on the field. Toxic Spikes scattered in snowfield, contact will poison. Sandstorm No longer in effect.

Chris 2.0 Attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

So Poliswine can go on? just a quick question then, how do you ref energy exactly?

Master Trainer

I Ref Energy as such:

A Pokémon can continue battling despite having 0 Energy. Why? Because at that point they're pushing themselves past their limits and will thus be using Health instead of Energy at a 2 for 1 basis. Thus, 1 Point of Health will equal 2 points of Energy (Rounded up).

Piloswine can continue to fight, he'll just start using Health instead of energy.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I can agree to that. Iice, use earthquake until Ariados goes down. Relax if she used protect and fire ice beam if she regains her webbing abilities.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

It's going to be hard this round Kyo, but you've done well. Here's what I want you to try. If he wants to create a shockwave, he'll need to lift up his legs. So when he does, use a psychic to flip him over. Repeat the trick as long as you can.

Psychic(x3)

Master Trainer

Round 6! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 29
    Status: Poisoned (4 HP Next round). Blinded by Sandstorm. Exhausted.
    Earthquake~Earthquake~Earthquake (Sub: Ice Beam/Relax)

HP: 9
    MP: 8
    Status: Numb. Three Legs covered in Ice. Annoyed that her web is coated over with frost and getting thrashed so easily. Blinded by Sandstorm and muck in eyes (ACC -). Feeling Numb. String Shot Unuseable. Drained, pysically and mentally.
    Psychic~Psychic~Psychic

The Arena
    City Center.

Ready! FIGHT!

Well the storms over, but that doesn’t mean the fight is. Round 6!

Summoning more strength than she thought she had, Kyo stands, ready to face Iice down to her last bit of health. Iice, however, feels that he has the match won, raising his feet, he prepares to stomp into the ground and end the fight, but his leg stops short of the ground and then the swine Pokémon is flipped around, rolling along the snowy field, getting hit by the same ice cobbles he summed earlier (
    -8, -1 (Energy Substitute)/-8).

Trumpeting out his anger, Iice is flipped over once more (
    -5 (Energy Substitute)/-9). Righting himself, Iice hits the ground, unleashing a shockwave into the entire area (-6 (Energy Substitute)). Which causes Kyo to let out a final shriek before she drops to the ground, defeated.

Coughing, Iice looks like… (
    -2 (Area), -4 (Toxic)). HE’S DOWN! Iice is DOWN! BOTH Pokémon drop in the same Round!

As the Ref waits for the Ambulance to put his internal organs back in (and escape the ensuing Police after all the damage to the area), Round 6 is Over!

Round 6! Post-Round Stats

HP: 0

HP: 0

Ref Notes: 51% of Spider Web left on the field. Toxic Spikes scattered in snowfield, contact will poison.

Chris 2.0 Releases.
    Silencer Releases and Attacks.
    Chris 2.0 Attacks.
    Last edited by Mew Master; 30th June 2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Minor edits
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll use Leoray my [M] Luxio!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

That worked out better then expected. Good job Kyo.

Sorry Chris, but I really want this guy to get some experience. So I'll send out Shino, my male Nincada.

Alright Shino, I want you to start of with an X-scissor. Follow up with a Shadowball and finish with Silver Wind.

If he uses toxic, counter with double team
    If he uses double team, use a silver wind to blow them away

X-scissor~Shadowball~Silver Wind

Advanced Trainer

Bumping for Chris

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I've been on holiday.

iron tail, then crunch/ice fang combo.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

Round 7! Pre-Round Stats
    Pokémon: XO vs. XO

Leoray (Luxio, Male, Team Chris 2.0)
    Iron Tail~Crunch+Ice Fang

Shino (Nincada, Male, Team Silencer)
    X-Scissor~Shadowball~Silver Wind

The Arena
    City Center.

Ready! FIGHT!

The switched Pokémon out on the field, it’s surprising to see that sand, snow, and random spikes scatter the arena as the Ref’s carted off to the hospital off to the side.

With a buzzing only cicadas could love, Shino scattered forward and slashed at the Luxio with twin glowing talons (
    -6), scoring a clean hit on the Electric type (-8). Moving with the energy from the strike, Leo spins and slams a glowing tail back into the Bug Pokémon (-8/-10).

Snarling with a deep growl the Luxio lunges right at the Nicada, his teeth crackling with a dark aura, with which he makes contact, causing the energy to spur through the bug Pokémon’s body. Shino thinks’ the worst is over however another jolt races through his body, but this one is a chilling cold, causing sections of his exoskeleton to freeze (
    -18 (Combo attack)/-20). With a buzzing hiss, shadows gather around the Nicada’s claw and then blasts forward, smacking into Leoray and the shockwave knocking them apart (-7, -4 (Shadowball Proximity)/-9). Still hissing, and slightly smoking from the area effect of the shadow-sphere, Shino summons up a silvery-sheened wind that slams into the Luxio and knocks it back, covering the feline with flakes of the Nicada’s skin (-5, -2 (Smog)/-7, -2 (Smog)).

With a new set of Pokémon, Round 7’s off to a freezing start!

Round 7! Post-Round Stats

HP: 74
    MP: 74

HP: 64
    MP: 82
    Status: Slightly less buzzy. Part of exoskeleton frozen where Leoray bit.

Ref Notes: 51% of Spider Web left on the field. Toxic Spikes scattered in snowfield, contact will poison.

Chris 2.0 Attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Light the area up with flash, then use iron tail and end with take down.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Close your eyes and Harden. When he charges up, use a Flash of your own to blind him. Finish off by using a Bug Buzz

Harden(eyes closed)~Flash~Bug Buzz

Master Trainer

Round 8! Pre-Round Stats
    Pokémon: XO vs. XO

HP: 74
    MP: 74
    Flash~Iron Tail~Take Down

HP: 64
    MP: 82
    Status: Slightly less buzzy. Part of exoskeleton frozen where Leoray bit.
    Harden~Flash~Bug Buzz

The Arena
    City Center.

Ready! FIGHT!

The Ref’s carted off in an Ambulance as we get Round 8 underway.

Leoray starts to spark and crackle with energy as he prepares to unleash a massive flash that puts any and all cameras to shame (
    -4). However, being nearly blind actually helps out Shino, as the flash actually lets it see what the world’s like, how quaint (-4 (DEF +)).

Snarling, Leorya dashes in, his tail glowing bright white as it develops a nice sheen and sharpened edge (
    -6). Doing a running jump-flip, Leoray prepares to slash down with his sharpened tail just as Shino lets loose a bright camera flash of his own (-4). In a classic case of cartoon comedy, Leoray’s eyes instantly see spots as they shift between big and small as small spots float around. Shocked by the attack, Leoray ends up flying past Shino and crashes into the spike covered snow (-3 (Spikes) (Poisoned -2)). He coughs as he pushes himself back up, dizzy, disoriented, and slightly blinded.

Shino, with his opponent disoriented, unleashes a cicada buzz that would shatter eardrums and various fine-glass objects, right at Leoray (
    -5). Leoray, lacking arms, tries to pin down his ears from the sound by holding his head on the ground and holding his head with his forepaws (-6). Snarling, he stands and charges wildly, slamming into a car and leaving a good-sized dent in the passenger side door (-9,-4 (Recoil)).

Both Pokémon let out a cough as the smog chokes the air out of their lungs (
    -2 (Smog), -2 (Poison)/-2 (Smog)).

With that over with, Round 8’s over!

Round 8! Post-Round Stats

HP: 57
    MP: 55

HP: 62
    MP: 69
    Status: Slightly less buzzy. Part of exoskeleton frozen where Leoray bit. Hardened (DEF +).

Silencer Attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art