Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ASB Move Tutor Shop

Default ASB Move Tutor Shop

Welcome to the Move Tutors -- a class of pokémon specifically designed to teach your pokémon more moves! As of right now, our list of moves is a little limited, but over time, this list will grow and grow.

As of right now, each pokémon in ASB will have four moveslots** that can be filled with a Move Tutor move of your choice (with some restrictions). These moveslots will be used in conjunction with any Gym Leader moves your pokémon has already learned, however, you can only use two Gym Leader moves per pokémon.

The pokémon being deposited must have experience in their current form (either through a battle or the Safari Zone). Once you have paid the points needed to learn a move, your pokémon won't be able to participate in battles, contests, or the Safari Zone for 7 days. When that period is up, you must get your pokémon approved at the Approval Tower once more.

Please note that your pokémon is currently being used, it won't be able to learn any moves until finished.

Keep in mind that, if a pokémon is able to learn these moves, then any of its evolutions will be able to as well.

AEROBLAST
    FLY/SPEC - The user creates a huge blast of air. It hits hard. Dmg: Very high / Fat: Very high / Acc: High.
    Learnable by: Pidgeot, Crobat, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Unfezant, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landurus.

Cost: 8pts.

BLAZE KICK
    FIR/PHYS - The user's leg becomes covered in flames a la Fire Punch, and the user deals a powerful kick which does both fire damage and solid physical damage. Dmg: Moderate / Fat: Moderate / Acc: High.
    Learnable by: Growlithe, Ponyta, Flareon, Gallade, Emboar.

Cost: 5pts.

BOLT STRIKE
    ELE/PHYS - The user envelops itself in a massive coarse of electricity-before charging into the foe. Dmg: Excellent / Fat: High / Acc: High.
    Learnable by: Raichu, Magnezone, Eletivire, Zapdos, Ampharos, Raikou, Luxray, Elektross, Thundurus.

COIL
    PSN/SELF - The user retracts all appendages and tightens its core body, in order to better receive forthcoming damage. Fat: Light / Other: Raises user's Atk, Def, and Acc 1 stage each. Snatchable.
    Learnable by: Any pokémon with access to Bind, Constrict, or Wrap.

CRUNCH
    DRK/PHYS - The user chomps down with a toothy maw onto the victim. Dark energy crackles between these teeth into the victim’s flesh. The user then twists its head violently, ripping and tearing flesh as the dark energy crackles. The extent of the injury could potentially make the victim feel light-headed for the duration of the battle, but this side effect is not overwhelming. Dmg: Good / Fat: Moderate / Acc: Good / Other: May reduce target's Def by 1 stage.
    Learnable by: Any evolved pokémon with access to Bite.

DRACO METEOR
    DRG/SPEC - A ferociously intense dragon attack: the user summons a catastrophic meteor to crash and explode upon the foe. The meteor is very large and very difficult to manipulate with psychic attacks. However strong tier attacks may help hold it off or break it. The attack can lower the user's special attack stat. Dmg: Incredible / Fat: High / Acc: Good / Other: Will reduce user's SpA by 2 stages.
    Learnable by: Charizard, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Sceptile.

DRAGON DANCE
    DRG/SELF - The user performs a Swords Dance-esque spin, which increases their speed and attack prowess. All movement done after Dragon Dance, like Agility, will consume slightly less energy. Fat: Moderate / Other: Raises user's Atk and Spd by 1 stage. Snatchable.
    Learnable by: Ampharos, Treecko, Latias, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Snivy, Deino, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem.

DRAINING KISS
    FAI/SPEC - User kisses the target and recovers most of the damage they inflict. Dmg: Moderate / Fat: Moderate / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Clefairy, Chansey, Marill, Gardevoir.

DRILL RUN
    GRO/PHYS - The user spins so fast that it imitates a drill, as it crashes into its opponent with a focused intensity. Dmg: Excellent / Fat: Moderate / Acc: Excellent / Other: Higher chance of critical hit.
    Learnable by: Any pokémon with access to Drill Peck or Horn Drill.

ENTRAINMENT
    NRM/STAT - Always the life of the party, this move gets the foe and the user to dance about and shake their groove thang. By the time the jig is over, the Pokemon both share the user's ability. Fat: Low / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Golduck; any human-shaped psychic pokémon.

Cost: 2pts.

ERUPTION
    FIR/SPEC - Using a surge of fire energy, the user hits the target with a large amount of magma. Damage output is reduced as the user's own health dwindles. Dmg: Varies / Fat: Varies / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Any fully-evolved fire-type pokémon.

EXTREMESPEED
    NRM/PHYS - The user channels all of its speed into one brutal series of physical attacks. If used properly, it can surprise opponents, aid in evading attacks, and/or deal greater damage due to elevated speeds. Dmg: Good / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Evolved pokémon with access to Quick-attack.

FLARE BLITZ

FIR/PHYS - A powerful flaming skid attack that the user executes by flaming up and tearing across the arena. The speed helps boost the attack power but accuracy is lowered slightly and the user will receive recoil damage. Dmg: Incredibly high / Fat: High / Acc: Excellent / Acc: High chance of Burn.
    Learnable by: Moltres, Quilava, Ho-oh, Reshiram, Litleo.

HAMMER ARM
    FIG/PHYS - A powerful, heavy thump with the arm that causes excellent damage. However the user’s speed suffers due to the precision and execution of the attack. Dmg: Excellent / Fat: Moderate / Acc: Excellent / Other: Reduces users Spd 1 stage.
    Learnable by: Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Snorlax, Tyranitar, Aggron.

HEAD CHARGE
    NRM/PHYS - With recless abandon, the user charges at the target causing heavy damage. User suffers heavy recoil damage as well. Dmg: Excellent / Fat: Moderate / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Onix, Aerodactyl, Tauros, Donphan, Miltank, Aron, Bagon, Rampardos, Darmanitan.
    HEAL PULSE **NEW**
    PSY/STAT - An act of generosity -- the user grants the foe a second chance at life. It fires a beam in order to restore a good portion of health to the foe.
    Learnable by: Any pokémon with access to a healing move (excluding Rest) and either Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, or Water Pulse.

HEAT CRASH
    FIR/PHYS - A large burst of fiery energy wells up in the pokemon. This energy is then used to forcefully slam into the foe. The heavier the Pokemon, the more powerful the hit. Dmg: Varies / Fat: High / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar.

HEX
    GHO/SPEC - The user glares at the opponent, and imparts a hex on the opponent. The foe is riddles with all sorts of mental comments that consistently berate and admonish its ability. If the opponent is riddled with a status ailment, the attack's power increases greatly. Dmg: Good/Excellent / Fat: Moderate / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Any bug, ghost, and psychic-type pokémon.

HURRICANE
    FLY/SPEC - Speeding into the atmosphere, the winds streak down from the stratosphere. The foe is encumbered with a deafening blast of wind! In Rain, the howling winds seem to never miss! Dmg: Incredible / Fat: High / Acc: Good/Excellent.
    Learnable by: Gyarados, Articuno, Mantine, Lugia, Altaria, Rayquaza.

ICICLE CRASH
    ICE/SPEC - Channeling energy from the air, a massive frozen pillar is created, swung and thrown at the foe. Dmg: Good / Fat: Moderate / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Any fully-evolved pokémon with access to both Blizzard and Ice Beam.

LUNAR DANCE
    PSY/SELF - The user sacrifices itself to completely heal the next Pokemon sent out. If the next Pokemon out is already fully healed, then this attack provides significant stat boosts instead.
    Learnable by: Clefable, Chansey, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Audino, Meloetta.

MAGMA STORM **NEW**
    FIR/SPEC - The user summons a horrible tornado of fire. In addition to trapping the foe in the manner of Fire Spin, the storm, upon being summoned, scorches the foe badly.
    Learnable by: Ho-oh, Torkoal, Claydol, Excadrill.

MEDITATE
    PSY/SELF - The user concentrates, mentally preparing itself for battle and priming its inner chi so that it can attack with greater efficacy. The move has a calming effect and typically raises the attack capabilities of the user. Fat: Moderate / Other: Increases user's Atk by 2 stages.
    Learnable by: Any fighting and psychic-type pokémon.

MEGA HORN
    BUG/PHYS - The user charges and deals some major damage with a series of horn pokes and horn tosses. Dmg: Incredible / Fat: High / Acc: Good.
    Learnable by: Any pokémon with a horn.

NIGHT DAZE
    **NEW**
    DRK/
    SPEC - Pulling energy from the darkness, the user releases this blast of power to wipe out its opposition, having the ability to blot their eyesight.
    Learnable by: Staryu, Kecleon, Greninja, Skrelp, Zygarde.

QUIVER DANCE
    BUG/SELF - Flapping its wings, the user performs a dance fit for a swarm of beautiful butterflies. This gives the user unparalleled balance in many parameters. Fat: Light / Other: Raises SpA, SpD, and Spd 1 stage each.
    Learnable by: Ralts, Roselia, Gothita, Meoletta.

RAZOR SHELL
    WAT/PHYS - The user turns its shell into a weapon, It whips around and connects with its foe, leaving their guard slightly broken. Dmg: Great / Fat: Moderate / Acc: Excellent / Other: May reduce target's Def 1 stage.
    Learnable by: Slowbro, Omastar, Slowking.

ROCK WRECKER
    RCK/PHYS - The user fires a large beam which sucks in rocks from the surrounding area which then become part of the beam as it strikes the target. Dmg: Excellent / Fat: Extreme / Acc: Moderate.
    Learnable by: Any fully-evolved rock or ground-type pokémon.

SACRED FIRE
    FIR/SPEC - A tremendous blast of fire almost certain to burn opponents severely. It can also be used while frozen. Dmg: Incredible / Fat: Extreme / Acc: Moderate.
    Learnable by: Charizard, Moltres, Typhlosion, Entei, Blaziken, Infernape, Magmortar, Heatran, Victini, Emboar, Reshiram, Delphox, Talonflame.

SHELL SMASH
    NRM/SELF - The focus of the Pokemon is so sharp, that the shell shatters! In response, the Pokemon is more alert for battle. Fat: Moderate / Other: Raises user's Atk, SpA, and Spd 2 stages each while lowering user's Def and SpD 1 stage each.
    Learnable by: Wartortle, Grotle, Dewott.

STEAM ROLLER
    BUG/PHYS - The user curls into a ball and begins to roll quicker and quicker. They speed off and slam into the foe with strong gyroscopic force. Dmg: Good / Fat: Moderate / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Evolved pokémon with access to Rollout.

TAIL GLOW
    BUG/SELF - The user’s tail will begin to glow, sharply raising its Special Attack. Fat: Moderate / Acc: Excellent / Other: Raises user's SpA 3 stages.
    Learnable by: Charmander, Magmar, Ampharos, Girafarig, Electivire, Blitzle, Helioptile.

TAUNT
    DRK/STAT - The user runs circles around the target taunting them with a barrage of nasty insults forcing them to only attack for a short period of time. Fat: Moderate / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Any pokémon with a visible mouth.

TRIPLE KICK
    FGT/PHYS - The user kicks thrice. If the first or second kick breaches a defense, subsequent kicks will still be able to strike home. Dmg: Good / Fat: Moderate / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Meditite, Lucario, Meinshao, Quilladin.

VOLT TACKLE
    ELE/PHYS - The user slams into the target with a shield of electricity surrounding it which may cause the targets muscles to spasm, causing paralysis. This will also cause recoil damage. Dmg: Incredible / Fat: High / Acc: Good.
    Learnable by: Electabuzz, Jolteon, Zapdos, Luxray, Zebstrika, Thundurus, Zekrom, Heliolisk.

WATER SPOUT
    WAT/SPEC - The user fires a spout of water from its mouth/cannons which flies across the field and blasts back the target. The more HP the user has the more effective this attack will be. Dmg: Excellent to Incredible / Fat: High / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Any fully-evolved water-type pokémon.

WOOD HAMMER
    GRS/PHYS - The user charges at the target with some type of tree in hand and smacks the target over the head with it. This attack will cause recoil damage. Dmg: Incredible / Fat: High / Acc: Excellent.
    Learnable by: Venusaur, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Meganium, Tyranitar, Shiftry, Breloom, Cacturne, Torterra, Cradily, Tropius, Roserade, Rhyperior, Chesnaut, Gogoat, Trevenant.

Last edited by Greyfox; 14th March 2015 at 07:38 PM.
    -Grey

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: Grand Opening! ASB Move Tutor Shop

This looks like it could be fun...

Question: Does the sorta-unspoken credo that all Gen V Pokemon know Snore and Sleep Talk without the applicable TM count as a Tutored move?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

o.O?..Oh he did it before you asked. Ok.

Blade: Grey edited his post to directly answer that question.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

I Finnished last Moderator

Cool! Let me be the first person to try!

I'll leave my female Gothita Miru (ability Frisk) here to learn Meditate!

BANK POST

Does Miru have battle experience, Mika? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Also, (I should've clarified this better) all attacks are half-off this week, so Meditate's only 1pt.
    -Grey

I Finnished last Moderator

EXP

Is that enough? Also, what shall I do with my Financial Tower post?

You can edit it, that's fine. You'll get her back on November 11th.
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

o.O OH.

EDIT: >.> No he does not. Laaaame. Ok I'll wait for another time.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Default Re: ASB Move Tutor Shop

Alright, Mika, your pokémon is ready. Be sure to post in the Approval Tower with a link to this thread.
    -Grey

Gonna take advantage of this new addition -- leaving Animikii here to learn Volt Tackle. Bank. Experience. Will be back in a week.
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

..>.> :::Almost back in the saddle:: Im loving this. I gotta set up my new moves next months when I have time.

Entertaining quotes!

Alright, coming back to claim Animikii.
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

There ya be! Animikii and his Volting new move...

Entertaining quotes!

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I would like Buddhette, my female Medicham, to learn Taunt if possible. Please and thanks!

Experience.
    Bank.

Sounds good -- she'll be ready on January 11th.
    -Grey

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: ASB Move Tutor Shop [Updated Jan '12]

Paying five points so that Isane Kotetsu (female Altaria) can learn Hurricane.

Seven days, Melg.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Here for Buddhette.

Buddhette and Isane have learned their respective moves.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Kickass! PHEAR MAI DRAGON!

EDIT: Paying five points so that Kawasu Iwa, my male custom Rampardos can learn Head Charge!
    Last edited by MeLoVeGhOsTs; 8th February 2012 at 07:38 AM.

And I'm gonna go ahead and teach Fenrir and Carbuncle, my umbreon and espeon, Crunch for two points each.

Bank.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Beware! Iwa is even more powerful and awesome now

Master Trainer

*raises hand*

About that Taunt requirement... would Galvantula and Cradily count as Pokemon that have visible mouths? I can't really tell to be honest.

Veteran Trainer

Cradily doesn't have a mouth that is designated to create sounds. It can suck food in, but I don't see it taunting anything.

Galvanture has a mouth

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Cool beans!

In that case, I would like the following Pokemon to learn the following moves:

Snore Warrior, male Snorlax: Hammer Arm, Taunt
    King Thrashypants, male Nidoking: Hammer Arm, Wood Hammer
    Aquafresh, female Lapras: Water Spout, Taunt
    Flower, female Cradily: Wood Hammer
    La Polla Loca, female Blaziken: Taunt
    La Princesse, female Galvantula: Taunt

Bank post!

Looks good to me -- you'll have 'em all back in a week.

[Edit] Forgot that you gave Flower Taunt even though we decided against it. Your bank balance should be -31 and not -33.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

I took Flower off the list and added La Princesse, so I think 33 is still correct.

Ah, didn't catch the edit. Whoops. Come back on Sunday.
    -Grey

Default Re: ASB Move Tutor Shop [Updated Feb '12]

Alright, Os, your pokémon are back with their new attacks. Have fun!
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

Damn, missed out on Wood Hammer.

But...oooh at Rock Wrecker and Hex

Entertaining quotes!

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Bank.

Onix/Steelix learns Bind, so I'm dropping my Steelix; Titanium; off here to learn Coil.

Seven days, Dan.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Now that he's out of battle, I'm putting Chris Xeroxx, my male Kecleon here to learn Coil.

And leaving Kusawa Iwa (male Rampardos), Katara the sight (female Empoleon) and Loki Black (male Sneasel) to learn Icicle Crash.

Payed.
    Last edited by MeLoVeGhOsTs; 6th March 2012 at 03:16 AM.

Tuesday, Melo.
    -Grey

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

What new moves are we getting next, Greyfox?

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Everything on the list so far (aside from Crunch, Meditate, and Taunt) are new moves to be taught. Every month or so we'll rotate the lot of 'em out.
    -Grey

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs View Post
    Now that he's out of battle, I'm putting Chris Xeroxx, my male Kecleon here to learn Coil.

And leaving Kusawa Iwa (male Rampardos), Katara the sight (female Empoleon) and Loki Black (male Sneasel) to learn Icicle Crash.

Payed.
    Actually, I should've paid better attention to this one, but Loki can't learn Icicle Crash -- he's not fully evolved. :p
    -Grey

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Bank.

Onix/Steelix learns Bind, so I'm dropping my Steelix; Titanium; off here to learn Coil.
    Alright, Dan, your steelix is ready with his new attack.
    -Grey

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Whoo! Slinky fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs View Post

Payed.
    Alright, Melo, everyone (sans Sneasel, who can't learn the move) is back on your team.
    -Grey