Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Points. Battle Me! Take Dos

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Need Points. Battle Me! Take Dos

Corleone; make a small Substitute, then Super Power and Sucker Punch

Elizabeth; Sleep Talk as long as you can.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

Location: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Teleportation Tour (Current: Bottom of the Well)
    Rules: Double battle; no damage cap
    Abilities: Active
    DQ Time: None

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    ×××
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ××
    Available: Kokiri Sword

‡ Round 10 ‡

As the next round begins, Corleone notices a glint of silver on the ground. It's a Small Key! She uses a little bit of hocus pocus and imbues a small amount of life in it, thereby creating a Substitute. Elizabeth, meanwhile, begins babbling in her sleep. She Flashes with a blinding light that hurts Rhyperior's vision and keeps the ReDeads at bay. Rhyperior bellows and unleashes the single most powerful Rock-type move in his arsenal. A single, glowing rock is hurled at Elizabeth. Even with her underlings by her side, she still doesn't come out of it alive.

The Mirror Shield clatters to the ground.

Rhyperior: <-15 EP; -1 Acc>

Corleone: <-10 HP; -4 EP; Sub: 10 HP>
    Elizabeth: <-18 HP; -4 EP>

And then there were two. Rhyperior finds himself temporarily incapacitated after that devastating move and is forced to spend the action recharging. Corleone, meanwhile, flexes her guns (er, wings) and throws herself at her rocky foe. She unleashes a series of unplanned physical blows that manage to erode Rhyperior even with his Solid Rock exterior.

Rhyperior: <-17 HP; Can't move!>
    Corleone: <-10 EP; -1 Att; -1 Def; Sub: 10 HP>

Anticipating her opponent's forthcoming strike, Corleone flaps her wings and sets upon her foe a hand of black, spectral energy. The hand curls up into a fist and throws itself at Rhyperior, clobbering him in the gut. Rhyperior bellows and attempts to swarm Corleone with a series of jagged boulders that tumble down from nowhere. However, the magic of the Substitute plays a trick with Rhyperior's brain: he targets the Small Key instead, immediately shattering it to pieces.

Rhyperior: <-8 HP; -6 EP>
    Corleone: <-6 EP; Sub: Broken!>

Rhyperior flinches as the poison eating away at his insides does what it does best <-3 HP>. We suddenly teleport to a new location. We find ourselves on a solitary island in a sea of molten stone. The heat is... unbearable. Better be careful not to fall in the lava. Also, in the distance, you can just barely make out a hairy figure with a large, rotund belly...

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    ×××
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ×××
    Available: Kokiri Sword; Mirror Shield

Notes:

> Welcome to the Fire Temple! The heat here is so unpleasant that all non-Fire Pokemon will suffer a loss of 2 HP per action. However, there's good news: Darunia is watching the battle from afar and there's a chance that he will use his badass Sage powurz to randomly bless a Pokemon with a stat boost.
    > TEAM RAZOR LEAF to command next

Give me my cookies. Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

This is wicked close

Master Trainer

Corleone, stay up high so he can't reach you, and you have a better chance of evading. Use Tail Wind to up your speed too. Next, Feather Dance to knock his attack down a stage or two, then finish with Searing Shot

BTW Oslo, if you have a free slot coming up, I'm almost done adapting this arena to Majora's Mask (with Masks!)

Master Trainer

I was hoping it would be Majora's Mask! Since I do in fact have a free slot, I'm in.

Advanced Trainer

Smack Down, so Honchkrow can come join us back on the ground. Then Rock Tomb to put it in place, then play your Fairy Ocarina right in its ear.

Master Trainer

Forgot to take Moxie into account again! Gave Corleone her boost.

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

Location: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Teleportation Tour (Current: Fire Temple)

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    ×××
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ×××
    Available: Kokiri Sword, Mirror Shield

‡ Round 11 ‡

As we enter the homestretch of our battle, Corleone rises upon a sudden thermal that lifts her up above the stone island. Rhyperior, meanwhile, picks up a rock off the ground and tosses it in his hand as he studies Corleone's airborne movement. With careful aim, he then pitches the small stone at the soaring Honchkrow. It collides with Corleone's wing, causing it to buckle in. Squawking wildly, the avian is thrown into an uncontrollable tailspin toward the bubbling lava. At the last second she manages to veer out of harm's way and lands on the island. Rhyperior chortles, which makes a scary-ass noise.

Rhyperior: <-3 EP; -2 HP heat>
    Corleone: <-10 HP; -4 EP; Twd; Smacked Down; -2 HP heat>

Even though she's been grounded, that powerful Tailwind keeps Corleone agile. Despite her lasting injury she does a merry little jig, skipping back and forth animatedly. Rhyperior tries to bury her beneath a sudden downpour of rocks, but she sashays out of the way. Aaand... jazz hands! Against his better judgment, Rhyperior applauds. Because he enjoyed watching that performance so much, Rhyperior feels emasculated. His strength takes a dip.

Rhyperior: <-3 EP; -2 Att; -2 HP heat>
    Corleone: <-4 EP; -2 HP heat>

Clutching Din's Fire in her wing, Corleone activates the gem's power and releases an inferno of flames. The flames pass through the Lens of Truth's Tinted Lens which allows them to do full damage even against a Ground-type. Enraged, he ambles up to Corleone and begins playing Zelda's Lullaby in her ear. Left C... Up C... Right C... Left C... Up C... Right C. The calm tunes fill the air and lull the crow into a deep slumber. Betcha wish you had Insomnia right now, eh?

Rhyperior: <-10 HP; -4 EP; -2 HP heat>
    Corleone: <-8 EP; Slp; -2 HP heat>

Rhyperior suffers a loss of health thanks to that pesky poison <-3 HP>. Watching from the distance, Darunia points his arms at the remaining battlers. He fires scarlet beams of energy at the two, blessing Rhyperior <+2 Att> and Corleone <+2 SpA> with boosts.

Once more, a beam of light descends from the heavens and lands on… Corleone yet again! A glistening silver hammer lands in her wing. Because she can only hold two items, Din's Fire falls to the ground and joins the Kokiri Sword and the Mirror Shield in a heap. Doo doo doo doo! Corleone got the Megaton Hammer! On the Equipment Subscreen, select it with the cursor and equip it with A.

Ooh. Purdy.

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    ×××
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ×××
    Available: Kokiri Sword; Mirror Shield; Din's Fire

Notes:

> Corleone: I WILL HAVE ALL THE MODIFIERS >O ALL OF THEM!
    > Corleone will remain under the effects of Tailwind for two more rounds
    > Corleone won't be able to attain flight for the rest of the battle and has therefore lost her immunity to Ground
    > The Megaton Hammer gives the bearer the ability to use Hammer Arm, Wood Hammer and Crabhammer
    > TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 23rd March 2012 at 10:03 PM.

Advanced Trainer

Theif the Megaton hammer while still asleep. Then a nice Rock Wrecker.

Sub: If she wakes up, Cancel out the Rock Wrecker. Use two Ancientpowers instead.

Master Trainer

Ugh, sleep, the downfall of this fight.

Sleep Talk until you wake up. If you do, then use Psychic to throw Rhyperior into the lava.

Master Trainer

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

Location: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Teleportation Tour (Current: Fire Temple)

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    ×××
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ×××
    Available: Kokiri Sword; Mirror Shield; Din's Fire

‡ Round 12 ‡

Wisely anticipating the Megaton Hammer's ability to deal some serious damage to him, Rhyperior yoinks the item from his slumbering opponent and deals her a weak tap on the beak. Of course, since Corleone wasn't even conscious when she received the hammer, I can't imagine she's all that upset about having to give it up. Without warning, she begins babbling incoherently. She sparkles with electric current and releases it upon her foe, but the Ground-type Pokemon doesn't feel a thing.

Rhyperior: <-2 EP; -2 HP heat>
    Corleone: <-4 HP; -4 EP; -2 HP heat>

Once again resorting to the most beastly move in his arsenal, Rhyperior all but flattens his opponent with one hell of a boulder. Suddenly, Corleone lets out a guttural squawk. The boulder flattering him floats up into the air and then performs a return-to-sender! The Lens of Truth causes the attack to do full damage despite Drill Pokemon's resistance. Rhyperior blinks. Since when did that bird get to learn Rock Wrecker?

Rhyperior: <-17 HP; -13 EP; -2 HP heat>
    Corleone: <-25 HP; -13 EP; -2 HP heat>

The Pokemon recharge as they continue to sweat buckets.

Rhyperior: <Can't move!; -2 HP heat>
    Corleone: <Can't move!; -2 HP heat>

Rhyperior suffers a loss of health thanks to that pesky poison <-3 HP> as Corleone wakes up. Ahh! What a pleasant rest! Darunia once again uses his Sagely skillz to bless Rhyperior <+2 SpA> and Corleone <+2 Att> with some lovely modifiers.

I quickly whip out my own handy-dandy Ocarina and play the Prelude of Light, thereby warping us away to what will perhaps be the final arena for this battle. We find ourselves in massive cathedral made entirely of white stone. All is silent save for some beautifully eerie music that echoes from some distant chamber. Somehow, the battlers feel... safe here, which gives them immunity to Status effect.

Light spills down from the ceiling and showers itself upon… Rhyperior! A beautiful silver sword lands in the brute's hand, this one much larger than the wee Kokiri Sword. Doo doo doo doo! Rhyperior got the Master Sword! On the Equipment Subscreen, select it with the cursor and equip it with A.

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    ×××
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ×××
    Available: Kokiri Sword; Mirror Shield; Din's Fire; Fairy Ocarina

Notes:

> Welcome to the Temple of Time! With the exception of auto-Safeguard, this is a basic, no-frills battlefield
    > Corleone will remain under the effects of Tailwind for one more round
    > The Master Sword gives the bearer +2 Att, the ability Hyper Cutter and access to the move Counter
    > TEAM RAZOR LEAF to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 25th March 2012 at 08:56 PM.

Master Trainer

Psychic spam until it drops!

Advanced Trainer

Dig before anything else can happen. U literally have drills all over your body so you should be able to get into the ground quickly. Then come up, and finish this with Rock Slide.

Master Trainer

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

Location: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Teleportation Tour (Current: Temple of Time)

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    ×××
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ×××

‡ Round 13 ‡

We're down to the wire. Trailing in health by a hair's breadth, Rhyperior tries to Dig away out of sight. He makes quick work of the stone floor and begins to disappear beneath the temple floor... but he simply isn't fast enough. Using her Psychic powers, Corleone releases a series of invisible waves that latch onto the Drill Pokemon and tug him back up into clear view. Flourishing her wings, she gives a good thrust and tosses Rhyperior through one of the stained glass windows. The glass shatters as the big ol' monster is thrown clear out of the battle.

And with that... we have a winner.

Rhyperior: <-10 HP>
    Corleone: <-7 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    ××××
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ×××

Good work, guys! A very tight battle from beginning to end. For winning, RL takes home eight points while DCM nabs four. I also get eight. Later! *teleports away*
    Last edited by Oslo; 28th March 2012 at 10:55 AM.

Advanced Trainer

Honestly, great battle RL. I look foward to another one in the future.

Master Trainer

Yup, much fun. Great arena Oslo, like I said, got a Majora's Mask one almost finished, just need to work out a few more locales before I can give it a go. DCM, defo rematch in the future I think.

Advanced Trainer

For sure