No Damage Cap
    No DQ

Arena: Ref Choice!

I start with Charmander and Squirtle!

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Need Points. Battle Me! Take Dos

In for the win.

I'll use Faraday - Joltik (f) Compound Eyes and Marceau - Mime Jr (m) Filter

Moves when we get a ref.
    Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 19th February 2012 at 06:44 AM.

Give me my cookies. Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yeah DL or Grey preferably

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CookieMonster View Post
    Yeah DL or Grey preferably
    Oh. Well.

I... I understand. D:

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

>.> Just for that, Oslo, you ref :/ I like reading your double battle style anyway.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Advanced Trainer

OMG HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT YOU OSLO.

*bangs head against wall numerous times*

Thank You!

Master Trainer

Cool beans!

Arena will be... Ocarina of Time tour!

Every other round, you'll travel to a new area from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Each location will have its own special weapons, hazards, benefits, etc. To begin, you're going to start in the Kokiri Woods Forest Training Center. Movement is limited in these narrow passageways, so certain tactics that require a good amount of movement run the risk of failure; as well, a large boulder might swoop by at random and smack an unsuspecting Pogey for hit points. At the end of Round 1, the Kokiri Sword will present itself to the Pokemon with the most HP/EP added together; when it does, the Pokemon holding the sword will have Secret Sword, Sacred Sword and Swords Dance added to their move pool for so long as the Kokiri Sword is in their possession. (Make sure your opponent doesn't snatch it away!) Finally, at the end of every round, a little forest fairy will bless one Pokemon per team with either 10 HP or 10 EP. Yeah.

EDIT: DCM, make sure you post the genders/abilities of your Pogeymons!
    Last edited by Oslo; 21st February 2012 at 12:28 PM.

Master Trainer

Fuck yeah, that is an awesome arena (though I was planning my own Zelda tour one day :p)

Faraday, you're going to be great in this compact arena because you're so small, so start off with an Agility so you can zip around faster. Get near to Squirtle and hit it with an Energy Ball followed by an Electroweb.

Marceau hit Charmander with a Fake Out to stop it from doing anything mean to Faraday. Double Team to spread yourself around the arena then hit Charmander with a Shadow Ball

Advanced Trainer

Charmander has Blaze and is Male, and Squirtle has Torrent and is Male

Charmander Fire Punch Jotlik. When u see it charge up its Energy Ball, Fire Punch the cap out of it again. Then Heatwave on Mime Jr, to push back the Shadowball with its force and get rid of the clones as well.

Squirtle use Protect on Charmander, so Fake Out wont bother him. Then Yawn at Jotlik, and finally use Bite on Mime Jr.

Master Trainer

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

Location: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Teleportation Tour (Current: Kokiri Woods Forest Training Center)
    Rules: Double battle; no damage cap
    Abilities: Active
    DQ Time: None

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    x4

TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    x4

‡ Round 1 ‡

Power, on. Nothing. Er… power, off. Blow cartridge. Power, on. Start. Start again. Select username: O… S… L… O… R… O… X… and begin!

While I wait for the lengthy opening cinematic to end, I’ll set the stage for the epic battle that will occur today between two of ASB’s seasoned experts. DCM takes to the field alongside a Charmander and Squirtle, two truly classic selections, while RL takes a more modern approach with a Mime Jr. and Joltik. The four Pokemon stare daggers at one another as our location finally loads: welcome, friends, to the Kokiri Woods Forest Training Center! Here, where many a hero has proven his mettle to obtain the Kokiri Sword, a fiery double battle will begin.

Well, without further adieu… let’s get to it!

Faraday and Marceau prove that they’re on their game as they hop to it right out of the gate. The tiny Joltik begins scurrying around, finding herself with plenty of open space since she’s such a tiny little warrior. Marceau, meanwhile, leaps at Charmander with unexpected speed, only to find his attack stymied. At the last second, Squirtle leaps in front of his partner and throws up a translucent blue barrier. Hah! Fake Out that! Charmander, thankful for his ally’s Protection, begins trying to clobber Faraday with a fiery fist. However, the little mite is scurrying about with such unmitigated energy that he finds it difficult to land the hit on such a speedy foe. Curses!

Meanwhile, a sudden rumbling fills the narrow passage. Uh… that can only be good, right? Right?

Charmander: <-6 EP>
    Squirtle: <-8 EP>

Faraday: <-4 EP: +2 Spd>
    Marceau: <-2 EP>

Faraday, now rocking a truly impressive amount of Speed for such a wee one, spits out an Energy Ball before either of her opponents can say “Gerudo.” The Energy Ball clobbers Squirtle in the face, throwing him onto his shell, while Charmander exacts vengeance. This time, his Fire Punch hits, causing Faraday to yelp and bounce around in pain.

Marceau, meanwhile, does a little spin on the spot. Suddenly, the narrow passageway is filled with not one but five Mime Jr.s! (Er, how does one pluralize Mime Jr., anyway?) Finally, Squirtle manages to pull himself up off his back and retaliates with… a Yawn? Suddenly, a little puff of air wafts across the field and bursts against Faraday, inducing immediate drowsiness.

Suddenly, a massive boulder comes rolling around the corner! Oh my! Everyone throws themselves against the wall to avoid damage, but Squirtle and two of Marceau’s clones aren’t so lucky. The turtle takes a hit while the two petit mimes perish. RIP.

Squirtle: <-12 HP; -4 EP; -7 HP hazard>

Faraday: <-14 HP; -6 EP>
    Marceau: <-4 EP; 2 clones>

With the boulder gone, the match can continue. Yawning heavily, Faraday keeps her head in the game long enough to spit out a sizzling web of electric current at Squirtle. Argh, hasn’t that tortoise endured enough? Squealing, Squirtle struggles to break free while Marceau fires off a ball of swirling shadows at Charmander. The flame-tailed reptile is ready, however, and starts breathing a searing-hot wind at the attack. The Shadow Ball is sent off-kilter and crashes against a wall while Marceau has to endure the wind’s dry heat. Since the real mime was unlucky enough to be hit, his clones vanish. Finally, Squirtle begins to wriggle free and stomps toward Marceau. He picks up the Mime Jr. and takes a chomp right out of his little pink arm. Mime Jr. wails. Poor baby. At least he’s able to Filter out some of the damage.

And with that, Faraday can take it no more: the little Joltik curls up in the middle of the passageway and falls asleep.

Charmander: <-8 EP>
    Squirtle: <-9 HP; -4 EP; -1 Spd>

Faraday: <-4 EP; Slp>
    Marceau: <-20 HP; -6 EP; 0 clones>

Suddenly, two little fairies float out of the narrow crawlspace. The first, a pink fairy, drifts toward Marceau and blesses him with some health <+10 HP>. The second, a green one, wafts over to Charmander and blesses him with a bit of energy <+10 EP>.

Then, without warning, a golden light shines down upon Charmander. A shimmering sword descends from the heavens and lands in his closed fist. Doo doo doo doo! You got the Kokiri Sword! On the Equipment Subscreen, select it with the cursor and equip it with A.

DCM fiddles with some buttons. There, equipped!

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    x4

TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    x4

Notes:

> At 0 EP, Pokemon will begin to lose 1 HP for every 2 EP they consume
    > For so long as he has the Kokiri Sword, Charmander can use Sacred Sword, Secret Sword and Swords Dance
    > Stealing an item or transferring one to an ally both take an action
    > Ohmygod, remind me not to write a friggin' novel next time I do a reffing...
    > TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 21st February 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Advanced Trainer

CHarmander
    Swords Dance - Then fuse Fire Punch and Sacred Sword to land a blow on JOtlik.
    Squirtle
    Bite Mime Jr, then Aqua Tail, Then Bite again

Master Trainer

Marceau, Snatch the Swords Dance from Charmander, hit Squirtle with Thunder Wave then Thunder Bolt

Subs: If you see the boulder coming, then use Grass Knot to trap Charmander in the boulder's path.

Joltik, make a tiny Substitute to take that doubled attack, then shoot Squirtle with Thunder and surprise Charmander by taking the sword with Thief!

Master Trainer

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

Location: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Teleportation Tour (Current: Kokiri Woods Forest Training Center)

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    x4

TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    x4

‡ Round 2 ‡

Charmander, brandishing the Kokiri Sword like a true Hero of Time, begins doing a spin attack on the spot to raise his offensive prowess. However, a spectral black hand leaps out of Marceau and wraps itself around the would-be Kokiri. Charmander lets out a cry; though he doesn’t take any damage, he wonders where his Swors Dance attack boost went. Marceau lets out a devilish giggle as his offensive prowess rises. Meanwhile, Squirtle takes another Bite out of Marceau which is again Filtered.

All the while, Faraday sleeps… even over the rumbling that can now be heard around us.

Charmander: <-4 EP>
    Squirtle: <-4 EP>

Faraday: <Zzz>
    Marceau: <-8 HP; -4 EP; +2 Att>

Even though he doesn’t have that rockin’ Attack boost, there’s still nothing stopping Charmander from putting his Kokiri Sword to good use. The fire lizard sprints toward poor, sleeping Faraday and combines a sword strike with a flaming punch. Faraday lets out a cry that sounds vaguely like someone coping with a night terror but otherwise reminds conked out. Charmander suddenly lets out a cry as random blades of grass rise out of the soil and attach themselves to his ankles, tugging him down to the ground while doing next to no damage. Even still… this is not the sort of place where you want to be loafing around. Fearful for his ally’s safety but well aware that there’s still a battle to be fought, Squirtle causes a cascade of water to spring forth from his tail as he brings it slamming down upon Marceau’s head. Try to Filter that, bitch!

The rumbling reaches a fever-pitch as the boulder barrels around the corner. Squirtle and Marceau press themselves against opposite sides of the passageway, but poor, sleeping Faraday and poor, Grass Knotted Charmander don’t enjoy the luxury of mobility in this case. They’re hit with the boulder which, given the fact that they’re both weak to Rock, does a bit of extra damage.

Charmander: <-1 HP; -13 EP; -11 HP hazard>
    Squirtle: <-7 EP>

Faraday: <Zzz; -19 HP; -11 HP hazard>
    Marceau: <-11 HP; -1 EP>

Suddenly, Faraday’s eyes open. This little thunder mite is back in action! He marches over to Charmander and flicks the flame-tailed fighter in the snout, snatching the Kokiri Sword away in the process. (Doo doo doo doo! Faraday got the Kokiri Sword! On the Equipment Subscreen, select it with the cursor and equip it with A.) Marceau, meanwhile, sparkles with a few surprise flickers of electricity before directing a concentrated bolt of it directly at Squirtle. The poor Water-type is forced to endure tremendous pain as he trudges over to le petit mime and lands another Bite. Om nom nom.

Charmander: <-4 HP>
    Squirtle: <-15 HP; -4 EP>

Faraday: <-2 EP; Kokiri Sword>
    Marceau: <-8 HP; -8 EP>

Two more fairies flutter into the passageway. The pink fairy awards some health to Squirtle <+10 HP> while the green fairy gives Faraday <+10 EP> a bit of energy.

Suddenly, we’re all transformed into shimmering beams of light as we teleport Power Rangers-style Ocarina of Time-style to our new destination. We touch down in the middle of a decrepit temple with hieroglyphs on the walls and ceiling. We stand on the middle of a large, raised platform bordered by four smaller platforms on all sides. Each of the smaller platforms appears to be holding a power-up. Two witches on broomsticks circle the battle, their hair shaded a fiery red and an icy blue, respectively.

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    x4

TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    x4

Notes:

> Welcome to the Spirit Temple! The witches, Koume and Kotake, will randomly blast a Pokemon every so often with an Ice Beam or Flamethrower. As well, the smaller platforms hold a power-up each: two hearts and two energy jars total are up for grabs, which a Pokemon can nab at the cost of an action. (+10 HP per heart and +10 EP per jar.) Finally, at the end of Round 3, the Mirror Shield will present itself to whichever Pokemon has the most health and energy combined. The Mirror Shield offers the bearer +2 Def and gives them access to Mirror Shot, Mirror Coat and Mirror Move! Woah, broken! And yes, a Pokemon can be holding multiple items... as many as they can conceivably carry. Overload your Pogey with items and they'll start to drop.
    > TEAM RAZOR LEAF to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 23rd February 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Master Trainer

Shit, how did I miss he was asleep!? Buggery balls.

Marceau, hit Charmander with a Confuse Ray then quickly get in his face with Brick Break, lastly finish by hitting Squirtle with another Thunder Bolt

Faraday, aim a Thunder Bolt at Squirtle, then blast it with a Thunder Wave. Lastly, hit Charmander with Sacred Sword.

Subs: If anyone tries to Thief the sword from you, hit them with a point-blank Thunder

By the way, if it changes every other round, then as i'm always attacking first, I'm at a disadvantage for being able to get the item first time, as DCM can always set his moves up around mine to his advantage. Just so you're aware.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    By the way, if it changes every other round, then as i'm always attacking first, I'm at a disadvantage for being able to get the item first time, as DCM can always set his moves up around mine to his advantage. Just so you're aware.
    I get what you're saying, but then don't you have another advantage insofar as you're attacking second the following round, making it easy for you to thieve the item from him while he's trying to use it? Kinda like you just did?

Either way, I'll make the upcoming items appear in even rounds as well as odd.

Advanced Trainer

Use Smoke screen before anything else Charmander. That Should nullify that Confuse Ray. Then use protect. Finally get a Heart Jar.

Squirtle use Double Team in the midst of the Smoke. Use Surf while Charmander is Protected, before Mime Jr can get that brick break off, and to get rid of the smoke. Then get a Heart Jar as well.

Master Trainer

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    x4

TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    x4

‡ Round 3 ‡

As the air around us swells with the Spirit Temple theme, the battlers get down to some heavy hitting. Sizzling with a little high voltage, Faraday discharges a bucketload of electric current upon Squirtle, causing the Tiny Turtle Pokemon to stumble and twitch erratically. Charmander, meanwhile, coughs out a bellyful of smoke that fills the chamber at once. As Koume and Kotake start shrieking in annoyance, Marceau shoots off a pulsating flash of light that disappears into the Smokescreen, unable to find a target. Obscured by the smoke, Squirtle does a hop and a spin, bringing four doppelganger allies into existence. Five on two sound like pretty favourable odds, right?

Irritated by that smoke-spewing Charmander, Kotake fires off a brilliant blue flash into the smoke. It, too, fails to take a target. The witch lets out a few choice curse words as the smoke slowly begins to dispel.

Squirtle: <-17 HP; -4 EP; 4 clones>

Faraday: <-8 EP>
    Marceau: <-4 EP>

So low to the ground, little Faraday isn’t bothered by the smoke. She sees eight blue turtle legs and can’t decide which of them belong to the real Squirtle. Crossing her fingers (not that she has any), Faraday unleashes a wide cone of electricity that cuts away three of the clones, leaving the real Squirtle safe and sound. Phew. Marceau, meanwhile, sees a flicker of orange her correctly assumes to be Charmander and marches right up to that reptile. Throwing her fist forward, Marceau unleashes a sudden Brick Break that collides with… an orange barrier. At the last second, Charmander defends himself with a Protective shield, rendering the physical strike useless.

Squirtle, suddenly, notices the sizeable splotch of ice Kotake’s ranged attack created. Concentrating, Squirtle manages to derive water from the ice and sends it tumbling through the smoke. Since it’s not a lot of water, it only manages to hit Marceau and not Faraday. The little mime squeals.

At this point, the smoke has almost completed thinned out.

Squirtle: <-7 EP; 1 clone>

Faraday: <-4 EP>
    Marceau: <-11 HP; -6 EP>

Putting the Kokori Sword to good use, Faraday scuttles toward Charmander and lashes out with it, dealing a treacherous slice to the lizard’s left leg. Hopping around in pain, Charmander bounds over to the nearest platform and snatches up the heart. It rewards him with some health.

Marceau, meanwhile, crackles loudly and deals another electrical strike. This time, the current connects with the real Squirtle, causing the clone to vanish. What’s more, the Water-type starter feels his muscles begin to grow rigid as his mobility decreases. That said, he still manages to leap over to another platform and take the only remaining heart. His health takes a turn for the better.

Koume, meanwhile, unleashes a sizzling Flamethrower that beelines right toward Mime Jr. The little pink blob lets out a cry as the heat licks away at his little body.

Charmander: <-9 HP; +10 HP>
    Squirtle: <-18 HP; +10 HP; Par; 0 clones>

Faraday: <-7 EP>
    Marceau: <-10 HP hazard; -10 EP>

A golden ray of light once again shines down upon Charmander. A beautiful silver shield with a red outline drifts down and lands in the little reptile's hands. Doo doo doo doo! Charmander got the Kokiri Sword! On the Equipment Subscreen, select it with the cursor and equip it with A.

DCM follows the instructions and voila, item equipped.

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    x4

TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    x4

Notes:

> Zero hearts and two energy jars remain on the field
    > The next item will be handed out at the end of Round 4 to the Pokemon with the highest health/energy combination
    Last edited by Oslo; 27th February 2012 at 08:40 PM.

Advanced Trainer

Charmander
    Fire Punch - Fire Fang - and Flamethrower all on Jotlik.

Squirtle
    Bite thrice on Mime Jr.

Master Trainer

Marceau, Torment it so you have a free slot to attack it with Thunder then finish by using Psychic to toss Squirtle at Charmander.

Faraday, Double Team then hit Charmander with a Cross Poison + Sacred Sword combo.

Master Trainer

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    x4

TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    x4

‡ Round 4 ‡

Faraday kicks off the next round by doing a little spin on the spot, creating a chipper array of little yellow clones to do his bidding. Charmander picks a Joltik and tries to land a Fire Punch on it, but the flaming fist sails through one of the illusory thunder mites. Better luck next time, my friend. Marceau, meanwhile, scurries right up to Squirtle and begins shrieking in his ear. Squirtle tries to clap his hands over his ears but Paralysis takes hold, causing his body to go rigid like a board. Completely vulnerable, Squirtle has no choice but to stand still and listen to that Tormenting noise.

Kotake looks down and sees that the Spirit Temple appears to be infested with Joltiks! She shoots an Ice Beam at one of them, but alas, the attack only succeeds in destroying another clone.

Squirtle: <Can’t move!; Tmt>

Faraday: <-4 EP; 2 clones>
    Marceau: <-4 EP>

Spitting a little poison onto the blade of the Kokiri Sword, Faraday uses the weapon to deliver a poisonous Sacred Sword attack on poor Charmander. Fortunately, because the flame-tailed lizard is holding the Mirror Shield, he manages to filter out a sizeable portion of the damage. Furious nonetheless, the Fire-type starter retaliates with a flaming bite that connects with the correct Joltik. The remaining two clones vanish as the heat presses in on Faraday, rendering her Burnt. Marceau punishes Squirtle with another Thunderous strike, which causes a halo of blue energy to surround the Water-type. Again in control of his muscles, responds with a big ol’ Bite. At what point do we have an intervention where we explain to Squirtle that mimes are not meant to be eaten?

Charmander: <-13 HP; -5 EP>
    Squirtle: <-18 HP; -4 EP; Torrent>

Faraday: <-13 HP; -12 EP; 0 clones; Brn>
    Marceau: <-8 HP; -10 EP>

Without any actions to occupy her time, Faraday watches as a crimson swathe of flames blazes across the battlefield and begins to scorch her mercilessly. Charmander puts his hands on his hips and nods. That’s right! Charmander’s moment of self-satisfaction is cut short as an incoming Squirtle clobbers him in the face. Fore! Squirtle tries to get to his feet and land another Bite, but the memory of that Tormenting noise rendered him completely immobile. If that’s not enough, Koume swoops in and begins roasting Squirtle with a Flamethrower for no reason whatsoever. The typing renders the attack weakened, but still… this is proving to be a tricky battle for the tiny turtle.

Charmander: <-4 HP; -8 EP>
    Squirtle: <-11 HP; -5 HP hazard; Can’t move!>

Faraday: <-17 HP>
    Marceau: <-7 EP>

Faraday’s Burn begins to sizzle <-3 HP> as we’re teleported to the next location. It’s a bright, beautiful day in the middle of Hyrule Field. There’s plenty of open space and the Peahats, fortunately, are nowhere near us. However, the Running Man is speeding back and forth babbling about rabbits. The sun seems to be moving quickly through the sky; it'll be night soon...

Suddenly, a bright light shines down upon… Charmander again? That little guy is cleaning up! An ornate wooden Ocarina descends into the hand he’s not already using to hold the Mirror Shield. Doo doo doo doo! Charmander got the Fairy Ocarina! On the Equipment Subscreen, select it with the cursor and equip it with A.

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    x4

TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    x4

Notes:

> The Running Man will be zigzagging errantly, which means he might accidentally intercept an attack intended for your opponent. Also, night will descend at the beginning of Round 6, which means the Running Man will rest and the Stalchildren will come out to play. Watch out for their Bone Clubs! The Fairy Ocarina can be used to play one song: Zelda's Lullaby, which has the effects of Sing.
    > Squirtle will remain under the effects of Torment for six more actions

Master Trainer

Marceau, tie Charmander down with a Grass Knot then kick a Mud Slap in his face. Lastly, team up with Faraday for a Psychic Grenade (Psychic from you)

Subs: If Charmander tries to play any songs, then use Uproar instead of Mud Slap.

Faraday, Wild Charge at Squirtle, Electro Web Charmander and then hit him with your part of the Psychic Grenade (Thunder)

Subs: If Squirtle protects against the Wild Charge, then hit him with a close up Thunder Bolt straight after.

Advanced Trainer

Charmander:

Wait to be tied up by grass not. Then use Ember on the grass knots, so ur free to Dragon Pulse right through that web and mud, and try to clip Mime. Finally use the Fairy Ocarina to play a song. Whatever you do, play that damn song.

Squirtle:

Squirtle use Dig before anything. But stay down in your hole and use Rest.

Master Trainer

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

Location: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Teleportation Tour (Current: Hyrule Field)

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    x4

TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    x4

‡ Round 5 ‡

A random cluster of butterflies flutter past as the next round of our skirmish begins. Sizzling like a fork in an outlet, Faraday zips toward Squirtle at a breakneck pace. The Tiny Turtle Pokemon tries to Dig away to safety, but he is simply much, much too slow to evade Faraday’s attack. The Joltik rams into Squirtle’s shell, causing the electric current to bring him to an untimely demise. As he falls, Faraday winces. That impact hurt!

Marceau, meanwhile, commands a few blades of grass to once again latch onto Charmander and tug him to the ground. The move does next to no damage on the little Fire-type, but it keeps him immured… until Charmander releases a few stray Embers from his tail that burn through the knots. Freedom!

Charmander: <-1 HP; -2 EP>
    Squirtle: <-8 HP>

Faraday: <-2 HP recoil; -7 EP>
    Marceau: <-1 EP>

Charmander peers around and realizes he’s all alone. Mourning the passing of his beloved turtle partner, he keeps an eye on that asshole Joltik who killed him. As Joltik fires off a crackling yellow web, Charmander counters with a pulse of Dragon-type energy… and bam! At the last second, the Running Man runs into action only to find himself on the receiving end of the two moves! He tumbles to the ground, scratches his head and then keeps running. He has rabbits to find.

Play continues as Marceau scoops up a little mud and flings it at Charmander. Yuck.

Charmander: <-3 HP; -7 EP; -1 Acc>

Marceau: <-1 EP>

Faraday and Marceau share a nod in preparation of their little combo assault. Faraday begins sizzling with electricity, but when Marceau sees Charmander hold the Fairy Ocarina to his mouth and play a note, he knows he has to act. For a mime, he manages to create one hell of an uproar, drowning out Charmander’s attempting song. The sheer volume of the attack causes pain to Charmander’s eardrums. Adding injury to injury, Faraday fires off that Thunder he’s been holding onto. As Charmander is electrocuted, he eagerly awaits his trainer’s next Pokemon so he doesn’t have to take all these friggin’ hits on his own.

Charmander: <-23 HP; -4 EP>

Faraday: <-10 EP>
    Marceau: <-7 EP>

Faraday’s Burn hurts a little more <-3 HP> as darkness settles over Hyrule Field. The noise of the rising drawbridge can be heard as a wolf’s howl announces that it’s officially night. Suddenly, skeletal figures rise out of the ground and begin hobbling toward our battlers. This… is gonna suck…

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    x4

Notes:

> *hides from Stalchildren*
    > The next item will be given out at the end of the next round after we teleport
    > Also, should probably mention that when a Pokemon holding an item faints, that item falls to the ground... it can be picked up again by anyone at the cost of an action
    > TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER to release and command next

Advanced Trainer

Im choosing my Kangaskhan. F With Scrappy.

Kanga
    Crunch Mime Jr. Then use Earthquake. Finish with Crunch on Mime Jr.

Char
    Flamethrower on Jotlik. Use Aerial Ace while the Earthquake is happening. Use it on Mime Jr. Finish with Overheat on Jotlik.

Master Trainer

Marceau;
    Use Telekinesis to lift Joltik up and over to Kanga, Protect against the Earthquake, then Drain Punch Kanga when she gets close.

Faraday;
    Marceau will lift you up in the air so you should stay above any Stalchilds. Use Faint Attack to dodge the fire attack and get behind Kanga. Then use Toxic on her and finish with another Thunder aimed at Charmander.

Master Trainer

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

Location: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Teleportation Tour (Current: Hyrule Field)

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    x4

‡ Round 6 ‡

As moonlight shines down upon the battle, DCM releases a fierce Kangaskhan who howls into the night’s quiet. The newcomer trudges over toward Marceau, hoists the little Mime upward and takes a big ol’ bite out of him! He Filters out a hefty portions of the damage, but still, no one wants to end up on the wrong side of a she-kangaroo’s pair of chompers. Charmander, meanwhile, attempts to blast Faraday with a red-hot fiery attack, but she’s simply too fast. She vanishes into darkness and then reappears behind Kangaskhan, lashing out with a strike of pure black energy. Marceau finishes the battle by using Telekinesis on his ally, hoisting her into the air.

Suddenly, a Stalchild appears and smacks Marceau with a Bone Club! Ow!

Kangaskhan: <-6 HP; -6 EP>

Faraday: <-4 EP; Tks>
    Marceau: <-10 HP; -7 HP hazard; -4 EP>

Trying to get used to the fact that she can now float, Faraday wobbles toward Kangaskhan and spews a steaming glob of poisonous goo in her face. Yuck. The kangaroo howls and begins stomping on the ground as a means of venting her fury. Marceau wraps himself up in a Protective bubble while Charmander, being none too keen on friendly fire, leaps into the air with aerial ease and avoids the quaking earth. He comes down upon Marceau’s Protect, doing no damage.

A Stalchild then smacks Kangaskhan. Hey, watch it, buddy…

Kangaskhan: <-7 HP hazard; -8 EP; Txc>

Marceau: <-8 EP>

As dawn begins to approach (already?), Faraday punishes Charmander with a blast of electricity that rouses the little flaming lizard in a curious way. An orange corona erupts around him and he feels himself Blaze with newfound strength. Kangaskhan, meanwhile, lands another Crunch on Marceau which lowers his Defensive prowess.

Putting his ability to good use, Charmander erupts in front of Faraday, scorching the floating thunder mite thoroughly. After that one hit, she drops. The Kokiri Sword rattles to the ground. Mourning the loss of dear, sweet Faraday, Marceau runs sobbing up to Kangaskhan (he is a baby, after all) and clobbers her with a vicious, strength-sucking Drain Punch. This is the first time all battle he's been able to put that Attack boost he's been holding onto to good use.

A third Stalchild approaches to deal a bit more damage, but a Cuckoo sounds and the skeletons retreat into the soil. Yay, daylight!

Charmander: <-14 HP; -12 EP; -2 SpA; Blaze>
    Kangaskhan: <-16 HP; -8 EP>

Faraday: <-18 HP; -10 EP>
    Marceau: <-10 HP; +8 HP; -6 EP; -1 Def>

As Kangaskhan’s poison begins to turn her stomach <-3 HP>, we teleport to a new location. We find ourselves on the beautiful, flower-flecked lawn of Hyrule Castle. Beware those pesky guards...

Suddenly, a golden light shines down upon… yeah, no suspense this time, it’s definitely Kangaskhan. The item gods (Sages?) definitely favour newbies. A crystal with a glowing orange light inside of it descends into her grasp. Doo doo doo doo! Kangaskhan got Din’s Fire! On the Equipment Subscreen, select it with the cursor and equip it with A. Meanwhile, the Kokiri Sword continues to sit on the ground.

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    Available: Kokiri Sword

Notes:

> Din's Fire grants the holder Eruption, Searing Shot and Will-O-Wisp. Any loud, attention-drawing move runs the risk of attracting the guard's notice. They'll lash out agains the offender with a painful Slash attack. Also, if a Pokemon Relaxes here, there’s a 50% chance a butterfly will land on its head, turn into a fairy and then bless it with 10 HP.
    > TEAM RAZOR LEAF to release and command next

Master Trainer

Good job Faraday, I see an evolution on the cards for you very soon. I'll send out Corleone (f) Honchkrow w/ Moxie.

Corleone, Retaliate on Charmander to make him pay for beating on Faraday, then sweep him up in a Twister. Turn your attentions to Kangaskhan and strike her with a quick and powerful Air Cutter

Marceau, Give Corleone a Helping Hand then target Kanga with a double Shock Wave

Advanced Trainer

Kangaskhan
    Fake out Mime Jr - Crunch Mime Jr - Crunch Mime Jr Sub: Thunderbolt Honckkrow if Mime Jr feints.

Charmander
    Dig (Down) Dig (Up) on Mime Jr Crunch Mime Jr Sub: Ancient Power on Honchkrow if Mime Jr feints

Master Trainer

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

Location: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Teleportation Tour (Current: Hyrule Castle grounds)

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER

TEAM RAZOR LEAF

‡ Round 7 ‡

RL recalls his fallen Joltik and summons an intimidating lady crow to the field. As Corleone preens her feathers in the most badass way known to man, Marceau and Charmander stare daggers at one another. The contest to see who can be the last of the original four battlers standing begins! However, since Marceau is so busy staring at Charmander, he doesn’t notice Kangskhan come out of nowhere and bash the mime over the head with her tail. Corleone swoops toward Charmander to deal a little damage, but by the time she arrives, the little fiery lizard has just barely squeaked out of the line of fire by burying underground. The crow collides with the ground instead. Nuts.

Charmander: <-3 EP>
    Kangaskhan: <-2 EP>

Corleone: <-5 EP; +1 Att>
    Marceau: <-8 HP; Fln>

Taking Marceau in her mighty jaws, Kangaskhan once again begins exerting pressure through a needlessly cruel and aggressive Crunching attack. Kangaskhan then spits out Marceau onto the ground and the mime flops over, defeated. Charmander surfaces, lacking a viable target to attack.

Shrieking in fury, Corleone begins beating her wings. The Honchkrow kicks up a Twisted that snags Charmander into the air before throwing him against the ground. One of the guards turns his head, thinking he perhaps heard something, but then turns away. That was a close one!

Charmander: <-4 HP; -3 EP>
    Kangaskhan: <-6 EP>

Corleone: <-2 EP>
    Marceau: <-7 HP>

Sizzling with electric current, Kangaskhan shockes the bajeebuz out of Corleone with a well-aimed Thunderbolt. Wishing this round would just hurry up and end already, Corleone flaps her wings hard. A razor blade of air swivels through the air and slices across Kangaskhan’s muscled arm. As the kangaroo wails in pain, Charmander brings the round to a close with a concentrated beam of Rock-type energy that goes wide, missing the big bad bird altogether.

Kangaskhan: <-8 HP; -8 EP>

Corleone: <-15 HP; -4 EP>

Kangaskhan lets out a roar as the Toxic’s power escalates <-5 HP>.

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ××

Notes:

> TEAM RAZOR LEAF to release next
    Last edited by Oslo; 8th March 2012 at 08:17 PM.

Master Trainer

Never mind.
    I'll send out Elizabeth (f) Vespiquen w/ Pressure
    Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 5th March 2012 at 05:06 PM.

Advanced Trainer

Kangaskhan -
    Fire Blast Rock Slide Fire Blast all on Vespiquen

Charmander -
    Rock Slide Fire Blast Rockslide all on Vespiquen

Master Trainer

Corleone; Wow you must feel unloved. Diamond Jubilee and she's the centre of attention again. Oh well. Rain Dance to dampen those flames, knock Charmander out with a Mirror Move'd Rock Slide (copy Kangaskhan) and finish by hitting Kanga with Dark Pulse
    (Subs- If the Rock Slide doesn't take Charmander out, then hit him with the Dark Pulse instead).

Elizabeth; Be a Thief and take the Mirror Shield from Charmander, then use Venoshock on Kangaskhan, and finish with Mirror Coat to reflect the Fire Blast back at Kanga again.

Master Trainer

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

Location: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Teleportation Tour (Current: Hyrule Castle grounds)

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ××

‡ Round 8 ‡

Yet another Pokemon swap occurs as RL returns his fierce little mime to his Pokeball before calling upon the help of a new warrior. He summons another Flying-type to the field, this one a ferocious bee-type thing. The fastest Pokemon on the field, Kangaskhan becomes a little one-pogey welcoming wagon as she roasts Elizabeth with a crackling spurt of flames. As Corleone squawks to the skies, bringing clouds rolling in, Charmander joins the party with a Rock Slide that pummels the Bug/Flying-type without pity. Dude, if you don’t want to attract the attention of the guards, you’re really going to have to be much quieter than that! Raindrops begin to plink against the ground and our battlers as Elizabeth, still reeling from all that damage, scoots toward Charmander and Thieves the Mirror Shield out of the little lizard’s hands.

The lizard scowls, but with all that fatigue he’s currently enduring, he'll undoubtedly have bigger problems ahead...

Charmander: <-2 HP; -2 HP fatigue; -3 EP>
    Kangaskhan: <-12 EP>

Corleone: <-4 EP>
    Elizabeth: <-30 HP; -2 EP; Mirror Shield>

Without a care for the guards, Kangaskhan bellows and brings even more rocks slamming downward from the heavens. (Where do all these boulders come from, anyway? Oh, anime physics…) At this point, the guards have definitely been alerted to the noise and approach. Bursting with energy, Charmander fires off another crippling Fire Blast Elizabeth’s way. Though he's Blazing with vitality, the rain negates his ability. That said, given the typing, Elizabeth still sustains a hefty wallop of damage. Eek.

Corleone imitates Kangaskhan’s Rock Slide, directing it at Charmander instead of the maternal kangaroo. The damage pushes the Fire starter over the edge, knocking him out of the battle at long last. Furious at all of these disturbances, the guards punish Kangaskhan and Corleone for all the havoc: raising their spears, they lash out with strong Slashing moves. As they retreat, Elizabeth gets in a quick Venoshock on Kangaskhan.

Charmander: <-14 HP; -5 HP fatigue>
    Kangaskhan: <-13 HP; -7 HP hazard; -8 EP>

Corleone: <-7 HP hazard; -6 EP>
    Elizabeth: <-34 HP; -5 EP>

Even with Charmander gone, fire continues to be the weapons-du-jour for Team DCM. Elizabeth sustains a mild Burn as Kangaskhan's Fire Blast rains upon her. Suddenly, her Mirror Shield begins to glow crimson. Ooh. Purdy.

Corleone and Elizabeth set their sights on the only target remaining. They combine a powerful pulse of Dark-type energy with a Mirror Shield assault, throwing Kangaskhan backwards.

Kangaskhan: <-28 HP; -10 EP>

Corleone: <-6 EP>
    Elizabeth: <-12 HP; -8 EP>

Kangaskhan <-7 HP> and Elizabeth <-3 HP> suffer the wrath of their respective statuses. This last hit proves to be enough to bring Kangaskhan to an untimely end as we begin to Teleport to a new location. We find ourselves in the middle of a large, dank chamber at the bottom of a spooky well. Lovely. The rain can't even be heard down here let alone felt, but... you do hear a moaning sound. That has to be good, right?

Suddenly, a light shines down upon… well, there’s not a whole lot of selection, but it picks Corleone! A glistening purple magnifying glass lands in her wing. Doo doo doo doo! Corleone got the Lens of Truth! On the Equipment Subscreen, select it with the cursor and equip it with A.

The Kokiri Sword, Fairy Ocarina and Din’s Fire all sit together in a pile.

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    ×××
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ××
    Available: Kokiri Sword, Fairy Ocarina, Din's Fire

Notes:

> No damage cap = shenanigans!
    > I forgot to give Corleone the boost for Moxie last round, so I edited that in
    > Watch out for ReDeads: they'll latch onto your Pokemon and render it immobile for a full action while also doing damage; light will prevent them from approaching you
    > The Lens of Truth gives the holder the ability to use Foresight, +2 Acc as well as Tinted Lens (which stacks on top of Corleone's original ability)
    > Btw, my complex methodology for determining whether an item appears during an odd/even round can now be boiled down to "it's completely friggin' random"
    > TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER to release next
    Last edited by Oslo; 9th March 2012 at 12:30 AM.

Master Trainer

I totally have to try this arena out but in a different Zelda game. Can I copy?

Master Trainer

Absolutely. I'd love to battle there!

Advanced Trainer

Holy tits.

I choose my male Rhyperior with Solid Rock.

Master Trainer

Corleone, Elizabeth, make sure you both stay as far away form each other as possible. That way he can only target you one at a time.

Corleone, swoop down and grab Din's Fire, then use it to Will O Wisp Rhyperior, then get in close and strike him with a Steel Wing

Elizabeth; give your partner some cover, entice Rhyperior with a Sweet Scent. Splash it with a Sludge Bomb and then envelop it in an Ominous Wind (let Corleone get away first).

Advanced Trainer

Rhyperior, grab that Fairy Ocarina, use it so that both enemies sleep, then finish with Theifing the Dins Fire.

Master Trainer

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    versus
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    ×××
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ××
    Available: Kokiri Sword, Fairy Ocarina, Din's Fire

‡ Round 9 ‡

Though DCM suffered the loss of not one but two fighters last round, he’s still leading in terms of overall health… by a hair. Contemplating his final selection, he hurls his final ball into a stinky puddle of stinky wellwater. Yuck. With a flash of light, out pops a Ground/Rock beast of a Pokemon who doesn’t particularly seem to enjoy these dank surroundings. He’s a trooper, though.

As the endgame begins, Corleone and Elizabeth fly to opposite sides of this wet chamber. Corleone then swoops toward Din’s Fire and heaves it off the pile of goodies. Meanwhile, Elizabeth provides a little support for her ally by dowsing Rhyperior in a pink, aromatic substance. The perfume dulls a little bit of the Pokemon’s inherent rage, but doesn’t stop him dead. He strolls over to the Fairy Ocarina and picks it up, feeling soothed.

Rhyperior: <Fairy Ocarina; Sweet Scented>

Corleone: <Din’s Fire>
    Elizabeth: <-4 EP>

Holding Din’s Fire in her talons, Corleone prepares to deal a little bit of fiery justice to Rhyperior. However, the dim light given off by the magical artifact isn’t enough to ward off what comes next. Out of nowhere, the lank body of a ReDead shrieks, stopping Corleone cold. (Cue RL’s frantic button-pounding.) The enemy monster latches onto Corleone and sinks its fang’s into Corleone’s neck, Crunching down hard. The Dark-type attack doesn’t do a whole lot of damage, but it renders Corleone immobile.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth spews a stinking blob of poisonous gunk that bursts against Rhyperior. Still sniffing the Sweet Scent, the Drill Pokemon doesn’t seem all too aggravated by the fact that he’s just been inflicted with a serious Status effect. Feeling calm and composed, Rhyperior lifts the Fairy Ocarina to his lips and begins to play a little music. Deafened by the ReDead’s continued shrieking, Corleone doesn’t manage to hear the dulcet tune but Elizabeth certainly does. The bee buzzes down to the dank ground, closes her eyes and falls asleep.

Rhyperior: <-5 HP; -6 EP; Psn>

Corleone: <-4 HP; Can’t move!>
    Elizabeth: <-7 EP; Slp>

Suddenly, Corleone breaks free from the ReDead’s hold. The creepy creature slinks off into the shadows once again. Spreading her wings, the Honchkrow swoops toward Rhyperior and rakes her heavy, ironclad wings against her opponent. Though his Solid Rock exterior filters out some of the damage, the move still smarts. Rhyperior lets out a pained cry but catches a final whiff of the Sweet Scent. (Curse these poorly ventilated wells!) Rather than lashing out, he sits back and daydreams about whatever it is Rhyperiors daydream about. Mountainsides? Mining operations? Something like that.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth continues to slumber.

Rhyperior: <-11 HP; Can’t move!>

Corleone: <-5 EP>
    Elizabeth: <-Zzz…>

As the sweet odour begins to fade away and Rhyperior’s alertness returns, Elizabeth <-3 HP> and the Drill Pokemon <-3 HP> lose little health. C’est la vie.

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM DARTH COOKIEMONSTER
    ×××
    TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    ××

Notes:

Advanced Trainer

Rock Wrecker @ Elizabeth and finish with Rock Slide on Coreleone