Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Battle on Osloki Island! RL vs. Ash (ref: Oslo)

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Battle on Osloki Island! RL vs. Ash (ref: Oslo)

TEAM RAZOR LEAF
    versus
    TEAM ASH0011

Banned: Swapping and non-damaging healing moves
    Abilities: Active
    DQ Time: One week

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 30 ‡

The battle reaches its eleventh hour as Hopkirk assumes a defensive stance and prepares to Endure any oncoming hits. Recognizing his opponent's tactics, Slash's changes up his plans and raises its scythes the sky. The mantis's body begins to shine green as it rapidly metabolizes sunlight. Since Slash intends no harm to Hopkirk, the little Shedinja struggles a bit but fails to execute the Shadow Punch it so desperately desires.

Hopkirk: <-4 EP; Endured>
    Slash: <+15 HP; -13 EP>

Hopkirk's Endure wears off and the little cicada dissolves into a pool of shadows. He emerges behind Slash and lashes out with a physical strike that does some damage... but not enough. Osloki's eyes light up as the tiki god prepares to smite Hopkirk, but there's clearly no need: Slash zips toward the Shedinja and finishes things with one speedy slash.

Hopkirk falls. And that's the battle.

Hopkirk: <-6 HP; -2 EP>
    Slash: <-6 HP; -8 EP; +2 Spd>

‡ Post-Round ‡

And that's the battle. Good work, guys. As I mentioned before, this situation was vastly different than the one that came up in the Mew/Cynder battle: though Agility is generally reffed as a de facto priority move, Endure has +3 priority and therefore outpaces it, which gave Slash enough time to change up its commands. Even if the Sucker Punch had gone off, it wouldn't have done enough damage to put Slash under. So yeah, that's that.

Ash and I get ten points while RL gets five. Cheers!

*disappears in a puff of Osloki's awesome powurz*
    Last edited by Oslo; 20th June 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS POINTZZZ

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    And that's the battle. Good work, guys. As I mentioned before, this situation was vastly different than the one that came up in the Mew/Cynder battle: though Agility is generally reffed as a de facto priority move, Endure has +3 priority and therefore outpaces it, which gave Slash enough time to change up its commands. Even if the Sucker Punch had gone off, it wouldn't have done enough damage to put Slash under. So yeah, that's that.

My bad, I figured Endure would be a negative priority given how it works. Oh well, that'll teach me to look things up in future. So will defending against my own sneaky bastard tactics. GG Ash, thanks for reffing Oslo, I look forward to visiting Osloki Island again in the future.