Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The January Pokemon Contest! Final Up.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default The January Pokemon Contest! Final Up.

This month's Contest is hosted by Andrew.

---

I'd like to allow 9 signups this time! The top 6 going through for a second appeal round and the final 3 facing off in a 1 v 1 v 1 battle!

The arena will be Oz's Bouncy Castle!

An indestructable large bouncy castle with the one side left open facing a grandstand of the audience. The castle is surrounded by a large and deep moat of water, and the moon is high during this nocturnal contest. So obviously sunny day appeals are going to fail.

So, ladies and gents, post your Pokemon and appeals! Those who have already posted, please redo, with your new choice of Pokemon and appeal. It would be unfair to expect you to go with what you've already posted.

January's Entrants!

Charizard 04621 and her Male Absol
    Darth Skrusti and his Female Cyndaquil
    MeLoveGhost and their Male HootHoot
    The Blue Avenger and his Male Exeggutor
    The Arbitar and his Metang
    Asayake and her Male Surskit
    Chris 2.0 and his Male Dusclops
    Weasel Overlord and her Female Roselia
    Darkfire and her male Charizard

Note: Please read this before you post your second appeals.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The January Pokemon Contest!

I'll be using my male Exeggutor, Numeron.

Okay, Numeron, first calm everyone down with Sweet Scent. Next, call out the starry sky with a Moonlight. Finally, make a wish on the stars with, well, Wish.

Sweet Scent ~ Moonlight ~ Wish
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ok, I'll be using Athene my female Slowpoke.

Ok Athene, start off with a Double Team followed up by a Teleport so that every copy keeps teleporting. Now Mimic the copies for a non-stop Double Team-Teleport combo to stun the crowd with awesomeness.

Double Team ~ Teleport ~ Mimic

Banned

Yahoo!

I reveal my Shiny Cyndaquil, Pyra! (Female)

Pyra, show them how cute you are, Attract the audience! Next, Covet their attention away from the others! Finally, end with a Return, show them how much their attention means to you!

Attract ~ Covet ~ Return.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Thanks Chris!

But, I'd like to allow 9 signups this time! The top 6 going through for a second appeal round and the final 3 facing off in a 1 v 1 v 1 battle!

The arena will be Oz's Bouncy Castle!

An indestructable large bouncy castle with the one side left open facing a grandstand of the audience. The castle is surrounded by a large and deep moat of water, and the moon is high during this nocturnal contest. So obviously sunny day appeals are going to fail.

So, ladies and gents, post your Pokemon and appeals! Those who have already posted, please redo, with your new choice of Pokemon and appeal. It would be unfair to expect you to go with what you've already posted.

January's Entrants!

Charizard 04621 and her Male Absol
    Darth Skrusti and his Female Cyndaquil
    The Blue Avenger and his Male Exeggutor
    The Arbitar and his Metang

4 spots left!....

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hmm, bouncy castle.

I'm going to sign up, but in case PX misses the cut and wants in, I'm giving my spot to him.

I'll use my male Absol, Sunder.

Sunder, Double Team, then create as many Shadow Balls as possible, fake or not. Proceed to bounce them around the castle and bat them with Iron Tail.

If I'm an idiot and we're not using the castle until later, please inform me.

[COLOR=silver][B]Guardian Lune

[COLOR=gold]
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Banned

*cough* do we need to post again? If so...

I reveal my Shiny Cyndaquil, Pyra! (Female)

Pyra, show them how cute you are, Attract the audience! Next, Covet their attention away from the others! Finally, end with a Return, show them how much their attention means to you!

Attract ~ Covet ~ Return.

Master Trainer

Ok then, I'll choose a new pokemon. Hermes my male Hoothoot.

Hermes, time to rock this boat! Start of by using Double team! Then every copy create a Reflect screen before you, in a circle! Now go back to the center and fly up (all the copies). Finish with a Sky attack, each copy bashing through its Screen breaking it into a million glittery parts!

Double Team ~ Reflect ~ Sky Attack

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs
    Ok then, I'll choose a new pokemon. Appear Hermes!

Hermes, time to rock this boat! Start of by using Double team! Then every copy create a Reflect screen before you, in a circle! Now go back to the center and fly up (all the copies). Finish with a Sky attack, each copy bashing through its Screen breaking it into a million glittery parts!
    Even though it's in your signature at the moment, you might want to tell us that Hermes is a Hoothoot. I'm not sure what gender.

[COLOR=gold]

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueAvenger
    I'll be using my male Exeggutor, Numeron.

Okay, Numeron, first calm everyone down with Sweet Scent. Next, call out the starry sky with a Moonlight. Finally, make a wish on the stars with, well, Wish.

Sweet Scent ~ Moonlight ~ Wish
    My appeal is staying the same.
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Master Trainer

Oh sorry my mistake. I'll edit.

I'll give this a shot with everyone's favorite Metang, the X!

XANTHOS (achilles' immortal horse)
    #375 Shiny Metang
    Steel/Psychic

Xanthos, let's start out by summoning a chilling wind with 1] Icy Wind; then, using 2] Psychic, manipulate the ice in the air into a giant sculpture of one of your opponents. Finish out your appeal by slamming your fist into the ice sculpture, to show that you mean business, with 3] Dynamicpunch!

-Grey
    -Grey

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoveGhosts

I'm assuming the appeal is Double Team -- Reflect -- Sky attack? The way it was worded makes it look as if Fly is the third action, therefore making it 4 actions overall.

Just a note for everyone: if you summarize your appeal like you do with attacks (Move 1 -- Move 2 -- Move 3) then the Judge can identify what attacks are used more easily, and it avoids confusion.

Also, Andrew, sorry for the first post. Just when I asked if you were doing anything different, and you said no....but anyway.

Good luck everyone. If there's still a spot at the end I might sign up.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

Yes, well flying is included in Skyattack, but I'll edit. Damn I suck.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

[font=garamond]Okies I'm going to try again! This time I'm usuing John Lafite my male Surskit!

Lafite first I want you to use
    [font=garamond] Bubblebeam. Point upwards and spin in a wide circle to try and spread the bubbles out a bit. Then quickly use an Ice Beam in the same circle while they are still high up in the air. We want to freeze those bubbles. Finally use an Icy Wind to burst some bubbles as they fall and make it look all pretty.

Bubblebeam/Ice Beam/Icy Wind
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

You know I think I'll enter.

I choose Kimimaro, my Male Dusclops!

Kimimaro, cloak yourself in an illuminating will-o-wisp - the blue flames will look awesome against the night sky. Next, send a glimmering night shade up in the sky like a violet firework, and end by sweeping the flames into the night with a shadow punch.

Will O Wisp -- Night Shade (Directly up) -- Shadow Punch (to sweep the embers away)

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

Just a little detail

Why am I their?

EDIT: Just a typo.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I imagine it's just a typo

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Because your "male" avatar by your name is not enough information to go by, hell I could put one of those next to mine if I wanted to. =P

[COLOR=gold]

Master Trainer

That's right, just for the information I AM male

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well, I believe I shall have another attempt at this contest malarky. This time, I use my female Roselia, Sein'iia.

Sein'iia! Start off with a Magical Leaf, spray the leaves up into the air and try to aim them into a circle. Follow up with a Bullet Seed, each seed aimed at each seperate Magical Leaf. Knock them sky high! Then finish off with a Petal Dance, throwing the petals around yourself as you dance. Show the judges what a good dancer you are!

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

My font color trolls... Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay, I think I'll enter with my shiny male Charizard, Nikomachos.

Okay, Nico, Start off with a Dragon Rage to show everyone your power. Now, preform a Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw combination now that you have everyone's attention. (Sorry, I can't thik of anything better atm.)
    What do you think of people who call themselves airheads?

Adopted Pokemon . ASB

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/particip...novels/ravenic

Super Moderator

January’s Pokemon Contest

Welcome ladies, gentlemen, Pokemon and the mentally deficient to the first Pokemon contest of 2006! The arena this month is Oz’s Bouncy Castle. A large, inflatable and indestructible bouncy castle, with three tall walls. Not to mention it’s surrounded by a moat which the moon is dazzling against this evening.

Tonight’s audience is all pumped up and ready for some spectacular appeals, they’ve already seen a fireworks display, had themselves dazzled with a magic display and had a good dose of mass hypnosis. (Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. The eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, look in the eyes. And you’re under)

(3. 2. 1. You’re back in the room!)With the competitors order mixed randomly, we’re ready to begin!

Our first competitor, Darkfire stands to the side of the Bouncy Castle and releases her Charizard, Nico onto the structure. Darkfire grins as her black shiny Pokemon looks at home during the evening. Knowing its orders, Charizard rears up to full height and blasts a dragon rage. Clipping the edge of the water, the greenish tornado of energy certainly has the audience’s attention. Now, as Charizard’s claws begin to glow, he tries to dance. However, not being exactly light on a bouncy castle has disadvantaged the dragon Pokemon. As the castle presses back on him during the maneuver, Nico’s dance becomes a stumble which results in the massive Pokemon falling flat on his face. A somewhat embarrassed Dragon and trainer leave the bouncy castle.

The audience is in good spirits and somewhat amused by the large and powerful beast’s clumsy appeal as the next trainer, The Arbiter comes onto the scene. He’s in good spirits after also enjoying the show with the audience. With a grin, his middle stage evolution Pokemon, Metang appears. Xanthos is focused on the task ahead as it concentrates on its commands that The Arbiter gives. With a light blue glow from Metang’s eyes, a cold and glittering blast of wind starts swirling around the castle. Focusing on the Charizard in the audience (Darkfire’s Pokemon), Metang tries to create an icy sculpture with its Psychic manipulation. However, as its eyes are glowing a deep pink hue, it grunts in frustration as it quickly realizes that wind won’t become a solid chunk of ice sculpture. The audience is somewhat confused and disappointed by what’s going on as Metang swings one of its large… appendages in a Dynamic Punch which hits absolutely nothing but air.

The Arbiter’s Metang seems to be somewhat irritated as they both leave the arena. The audience is now somewhat testy as Asayake hastily comes onto the scene and releases her teensy Surskit onto the bouncy castle. It has no problems of balance with its four legs steadying it. The bug Pokemon notes its attacks and concentrates on the tasks ahead of him. Looking at the night sky, Surskit releases a halo of bubbles which expands above it. With another quick breath, Surskit fires of a blue beam of icy energy, freezing the halo of bubbles to near perfection. As they quickly begin to fall, Surskit’s eyes glow a light blue, summoning a familiar icy wind. The falling bubbles glint in the moonlight and the additional gleam of the icy wind help to delay them all falling at once. The result is a dazzling array of falling baubles which shatter beautifully on contact with the castle or with a satisfying plop into the moat. After two subpar performances, the audience is absolutely dazzled.

Feeling absolutely daunted, Darth Skrusti steps up and thinks hard of a strategy to try and top that which has just been. Releasing his cute little Cyndaquil, the rodent Pokemon is somewhat enthused to have such an audience. Showing off its shiny blue flame, Skrusti orders his little flameball into action. With a little wink and a release of pheromones, Cyndaquil tries an attract. This attack works best on Pokemon of the opposite gender… when they’re in striking range. The audience is concentrating on Cyndaquil rather heavily now, with its attract failing big time. It doesn’t have any affect on a large audience which is a safe distance away. Cyndaquil tries its covet, but having the full arena to itself, Skrusti’s orders don’t work. Utterly confused, scared and isolated, Pyra isn’t feeling too well as the audience is now wanting proper entertainment. Starting to attempt a return attack, the boos from the audience become overwhelming and Pyra scampers back to her trainer, suffering stage fright and a heavy dose of embarrassment.

The audience is quite irritated, having paid cover charge to myself, and having a disappointing round of appeals so far. The Blue Avenger in his standard blue cloak and questionable hood appear on the scene, radiating a mysterious energy. With a whisper into his Pokeball, Bluey throws the Pokeball onto the castle and a large coconutty Pokemon appears. Exeggutor. With a chant from its three heads, and a swish of its glossy leaves, a pink pollen is sent out into the audience. A rare few rediscover their hayfever…. The large majority however are made a great deal more placid. Now, as Exeggutor chants, some runes appear in a triangle on the ground around him, and the moon behind the castle glows brightly, sending whisps of ghostly energy around him. With a final glint, the stars in the night sky glitter impressively, though not as strong as before, once again covering the Pokemon in a glittery display. The still slightly dopey audience clap, somewhat enthused by the initial moonlight but not as much by the similar follow-up.

ASB Veteran Charizard 04621or Charnumber as she is affectionately known to her dislike takes the stage with a smirk. With a quick utterance of a few orders, an Absol answering to the name of Sunder takes his place on the castle. With the audience ready to be wowed, the dark disaster Pokemon concentrates his energies creating some copies. With a glimmer, four identical Absols appear, all of a high quality. With the five Absols captivating the audience’s attention, they’re far too busy on creating a shadow ball, but as many small ones as they can manage. Sunder feels a tad woozy as he focuses on the darkness which seems to seep from the sky into three small-medium shadow balls. However, continuing, he fires them into the castle’s walls, with the clones all following his lead. Blinking for a second to regain his composure for the upcoming iron tail, Absol has lost track of which three of the fifteen shadow balls are real. The audience is a tad confused with twenty objects to concentrate on, the multitude of Sunders and ghost attacks bouncing around. With a silvery glint, Absol takes out a clone shadow ball as one of the real ones eliminates a clone and dissapates. A tad put out of place, Absol continues on, taking a glancing blow from one of his own shadow balls, and thankfully this eliminates the clone problem. However, with only one mini shadow ball left, the resulting dark glimmers on impact with the Iron Tail aren’t as spectacular as they should be. A decent round of applause is given, but its not as much as Charnumber was expecting.

The next contender, Weasel Overlord takes this as her cue to arrive on the scene, releasing a dainty Roselia, Sein’ila. The rose Pokemon gives a nod, acknowledging her appeal aims. The grass Pokemon opens up her glowing green buds and fires off the accurate leafy attack. With precision, the leaves are in a good circle and a swift and the well aimed bullet seed which follows up knocks them higher with a small greenish glow in the night sky. Finally, after considering a go of the Macarena for her petal dance, Roselia instead bounces around daintily scattering petals as she goes. Thankfully for herself and her light weight, she’s able to keep a great deal of control over her performance which ends with the teensy residual glow of the magic leaf and bullet seeds coming down amongst the petals. A decent applause comes from the audience as Roselia, used to the daytime takes a yawn and a bow.

A somewhat nervous MeLovesGhosts makes his appearance on the scene and hopes to provide a dazzling appeal. A rather ecstatic HootHoot pops out of his Pokeball, into the cool night air, in his element. Hermes pops from one foot to the other as he takes his orders and flutters onto the bouncy castle. With a quick shimmer, Hermes has created four clones, positioned in a circle. However, one of the prime rules of a performance is never turn your back onto the audience, which is what two clones are doing. This isn’t affecting the audience as they watch the set up of this appeal. With a glow from his eyes, a mid-sized barrier of yellowish tinted energy glass appears in front of the owl Pokemon and its clones. Finally, HootHoot glows in a torrid red flame, surrounding its body and it takes on the basic shape of a large phoenix type bird. Majestically flapping in mid-air Hoot Hoot and its identical clones slam with a sickening thud into the glass type reflect, cracking the glass spectacularly. Not to mention making the clones disappear. With a bird’s hollow bones, it just didn’t have the pure strength to smash through glass, but with the wind energy from the phoenix behind Hermes, the cracked Reflect falls to the ground, with a concussed bird fluttering uneasily. A good build up but slightly ill-fated finish for this birdie.

Our final performer for the first round of the appeals comes out, fashionably late, ASB Mod, Chris 2.0. Looking even paler in the moonlight, Chris releases his Dusclops, who like the performer before him is reveling in the moonlight. With his creepy… eye… thing, Kimimaro’s hands are cloaked in a blue fire, as a variety of ghostly wisps shed light on the ghost Pokemon once they ebb from his hands. Those same ghostly hands glow with a dark purple, almost black energy, firing a dark purple bolt of jagged energy into the night sky making it a tad difficult to see. Catching the sinister feeling of Dusclops as the now dimmer wisps of ghostly fire spiral upwards with the power of a shadow punch behind them, the ghost Pokemon finishes the first round of the January Pokemon Contest.

Our performers and Pokemon take their place in front of the moat to see which six of the nine of them will progress to the next stage. The rankings of the appeals and notes from the judges is now dispensed.

Asayake
    - Surskit (M)

Score: 9.6
    Notes:Absolutely brilliant, the standout performance of the night!

Weasel Overlord
    - Roselia (F)

Score: 9.0
    Notes:A rather stellar appeal let down by a generic petal dance at the end, whilst great, just didn’t show any particular inspiration.

Chris 2.0
    - Dusclops (M)

Score: 8.7
    Notes: The only real problem was that night shade was kind of difficult to see in the night.

[I]MeLovesGhosts[I]
    - HootHoot (M)
    Score:7.0
    Notes: Great set up, and the Sky Attack really topped it off, however, the bungled attempt was a tad amusing. Perhaps don’t always expect defensive walls to shatter so easily unless using Brick Break!

Charizard04621
    - Absol (M)

Score 6.3
    Notes: The problem here is that far far too much is going on for the audience to process. 20 things to watch, all whizzing around! The self inflicted injury and small finish resulted in this score.

The Blue Avenger
    - Exeggutor (M)

Score: 5.6
    [u]Notes
    Reducing the audience to a placid stupor and repetitive lunar moves resulted in this score.

And our final three who unfortunately didn’t make it this time. Maybe their best just wasn’t good enough?

The Arbitar
    - Metang

Score 3.5
    Notes A wind move can’t become a sculpture. Disappointing, all we got was a punch and wind.

[I]Darkfire[I]
    - Charizard (M)

Score 3.2
    Notes A clumsy appeal and not a particularly strong show of power, consider the arena a great deal next time!

Darth Skrusti
    - Cyndaquil (F)

Score 1.0
    Notes These weren’t great orders for Cyndaquil to perform. The covet move was a particular disappointment, with it having absolutely no effect or use. Better luck next time, and contests need more than just relying on the look of a Pokemon.

So! Our top six are!

Asayake
    Weasel Overlord
    Chris 2.0
    Charizard04216
    MeLovesGhosts
    The Blue Avenger

Please post your next round of appeals to myself via PM! Same Pokemanz, same arena, different appeals.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The January Pokemon Contest! 1st Appeals Up!

Nice addition with feedbacks.

PMing attacks now...

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

We're just waiting on Weasel Overlord I believe...

I hope you enjoyed the first round.

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Oops! sorry dudes, I've had exams and only had time to give things a cursory glance. I'll get those pm'ed right away!

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Super Moderator

The 2nd round will be up tommorrow. Expect upsets.

Sorry about the delay. I just scored a full time job! OOH YEA!

Super Moderator

Second Appeal!

Welcome back plebians to the second round of appeals! We’ve cleaned up in the meantime, well…Charizard, Cyndaquil and Metang have been cleaning up. Those who fail in this competition are strewn by the wayside, destined to mop up baby vomit and pick up rubbish. Superyay for them! Meanwhile for me, I’ve scored a job for BMW calling their customers to ask “Are your new BMWs to your liking?”

Once again, the appeals are all mixed up, so lets see who’s first. Ah, its Weasel Overlord! Overlord of the weasels I hear, and perhaps meekrats. Looking stressed from the word go, she releases Roselia for a second time and orders her grassy pokemanz. Roselia grimaces as she hears her orders, and begins by charging up a shadow ball. As the ghostly energy whisps are drawn together, it is finally fired off on a trajectory above the stadium. Like a tennis match the audience follows the ball as Roselia tries to charge up a solar beam to blow it up. At night. Yes, yes, moonlight is reflected sunlight, but there’s still a three-minute delay between the firing of the shadow ball and solar beam attacks. The somewhat peeved audience gives a hearty boo as Roselia surrounds herself with a cotton spore. As Effie would say – “How embarressment”

Numeron, that Eggy competitor this month takes up the baton for all grass Pokemon as the Blue Avenger takes to the stage, having a great deal of fun bouncing on the castle for five minutes as the intermission music plays. Leaving quite composed, he muttered to the guy at the ice cream stand, “Well, honestly, didn’t you ever want to do that?” Suddenly realizing he forgot the contest, Exeggutor appears on the scene. A large egg is sent skyward, followed by three small balls of energy. Looking to the sky, Exeggutor’s three heads are trying to figure out which bomb to detonate first. However, as the eggs begin their skyward descent, the coconut Pokemon figures this a tad too late and begins firing off its Bullet Seed willy-nilly at the explosive Egg Bomb and Barrage. The green energy bits hit the bombs a bit too close to home, whilst creating a delightful array of fireworks, the downward force forces Exeggutor into the castle, which pushes back. Hard. Flying into the night sky, somewhat bruised and battered through explosions isn’t the best thing for Exeggutor’s health. But the audience gives a tremendous cheer as Exeggutor lands on his bum, burnt, battered and utterly disorientated. I guess it figures why those home video shows are still going.

Thirdly, Chris 2.0 cooly takes the stage, not shaken by the audience’s like of the last appeal. Once again his creepy Dusclops stands upon the castle, somewhat bitter he doesn’t have the levitate ability of many of his ghostly brethren he tries to forget that and concentrate on the appeal. With his eye a blue colour, Dusclops fires off chunks of powerful ice energy from his hands onto the placid surface of the Bouncy Castle moat. With a frozen moat in play, the warm night and moonlight, some fog is generated from the ice. Noice. Creating some creepy will-o-wisp flames around him like a flashlight, Dusclops uses Psychic to spin those flames around him to create eerie shadow effects in an end to his creepy appeal. The audience is somewhat creeped out by this appeal but still gives a courteous cheer out of fear.

With the frozen lake still in effect, Charnumber appears and decides to take advantage of the creepiness. Absol bounces onto the castle and tries to show off his best leer. To Paul Sparrow in the 3rd row, 5th from the right hand side, it’s utterly intimidating as Absol is looking RIGHT AT HIM! But to the rest of the audience, the Pokemon looks constipated. Continuing with the creepy side of everything, Absol begins a haunting Perish Song. It’most as bad as the Crazy Frog. The audience has shivers up and down their spine. Finally, with a black glow of energy Absol disappears from the middle of the castle. Paranoia grips the crowd as they all look around wide-eyed to see if the doggy of doom is going to get them, especially after its awful Perish Song! They all breathe a sigh of relief as throughout the fog Absol reappears.

Our next competitor, Hermes the HootHoot is up! Recovered from his concussion, he’s raring to go, as is MeLovesGhosts who’s somewhat happy with their last appeal. The nocturnal bird flutters around, scattering a large amount of plumage about. The icy moat simply has chunks of ice in it at this point. Using a foresight, Hoothoot’s eyes glow red briefly as he looks through the falling feathers. The audience is kind of confused as to why Hermes is standing there looking at the feathers, but finally, Hoothoot’s little stubby wings glow with a metallic energy as he sweeps through the feathers, knocking them all around him as he finishes his appeal with a happy hoot.

(BTW MeLoves Ghosts. If you put five people facing inwards OR outwards of a circle and you stand at one point, you will have two people with their backs to you. Try it. Too lazy to PM to argue the point K  )

Our final competitor in the final appeal round is the Surskit, John! Asayake is looking as pleased as punch as the small water bug takes his place on the castle. Looking outwards, he’s pleased to see the audience. Surskit begins his appeal by pointing her yellow tip downwards and a rainbow beam of light erupts from it, sending him skyward as the audience is captivated by the skyrocketing little bug. Spinning around in the sky, Surskit begins to descend and spitting out bubbles all the while. As Johnny boy falls back towards the castle, a vortex of bubbles around him, the second he hits the castle he begins to use a flash, illuminating each bubble like a bauble of light. Bouncing finally back down, the glow dies down and the crowd has a clear favorite for the night.

Results!

Asayake
    - Surskit (M)

Score: 9.8
    Notes: Brilliant. From the initial pretty psybeam to the glowing baubles, you’re good at this! The way all the different attacks came together to make a fantastic appeal was excellent

Chris 2.0
    - Dusclops (M)

Score:8.9
    Notes:Definitely attention grabbing but the scary moving shadows can only do so much! But the mist from the ice certainly was a winner.

The Blue Avenger
    - Exeggutor (M)

Score: 8.7
    Notes A dazzling appeal, and watching other people get hurt is always amusing.

However, these three aren’t going home with any type of consolation prizes. NOTHING AT ALL! Bwha! Not even a 10 dollar thanks for coming cheque! I <3 admission prices.

Charizard04621
    - Absol (M)

Score 7.8
    Notes:The leer only scared poor Mr Sparrow, not a large audience. However, the other two attacks were definitely creepy.

[b][I]MeLovesGhosts[I]
    - HootHoot (M)
    Score: 6.5
    Notes: Featherdance was a good set-up, but Foresight made no sense, and the steel wing wasn’t that great due to the lack of a large wingspan.

Weasel Overlord
    - Roselia (F)

Score:2.8
    Notes: The shadow ball was difficult to see, the long delay with the solarbeam and kind of pointless Cotton Spore all resulted in a mis-mash of an appeal. Plus shadow balls aren’t goopy liquid so that falling goop idea would’ve failed anyway.

So there we have it! Our final three to battle it out in a 1 v 1 v 1 battle are

Asayake
    Chris 2.0
    The Blue Avenger

Its still on the bouncy castle. It will be 6 rounds (Or if you’re taking too bloody long, 3), so that way you all have a chance of going last, twice. So, do you take out your biggest opponent? Team up with someone else? Or take out the weakest first? Its all up to you, isn’t it now!

Sorry about the delay again, as I said, FULL TIME WORK BABY! Ooh yea! On the downside, I’m talking to rich people all day with pathetic complaints. “I’m pregnant and can’t fit in my BMW X5 now! This needs to be fixed!” Maybe she should have thought of not getting preggers. Silly woman.

Oh … yea… so posting order for attacks- Blue Avenger, Chris 2.0 and then Asayake. Round after that, Asayake, Blue Avenger and finally Chris 2.0. Then Chis 2.0, Asayake and The Blue Avenger.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Mkay, Numeron, let's get things started off right. I want you to use Flash to blind our foes. Then hit 'em with a widespread Toxic (in cloud form). Finally, nail that Surskit with a Sludge Bomb.

Master Trainer

Congrats to all the finalists, didn't get in, 'twas fun though.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Close your eye and use calm mind to avoid the flash. Unleash an ice beam at Numeron and then strike Surskit with thunderpunch.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

[font=sylfaen] Why you beatin on Lafite? My poor wittle bug, lol. Great job once again John Lafite. Now comes the harder part, surviving against your much larger opponents. No worries though, first I want you to close your eyes as well, and use[font=sylfaen] Psych Up on Kimimaro to gain his Calm Mind. Then use Icy Wind to blow the cloud Toxic away from you and back toward Numeron at least, and Kimimaro if you can. Finally, use your own Flash to blind your opponents so they miss.

Psych Up/Icy Wind/Flash
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Super Moderator

Default Re: The January Pokemon Contest! 2nd Appeals Up!

AHOY! Ya damn scurvy sea dogs! It’s taken a DAMN long time to get here, but we’re onto the battle stage of the competition, crikeys. We have Asayake, The Blue Avenger and Chris 2.0 all ready to win…. Well, not ready, but rather desperate, what with the upcoming Pokemanz Grand Festival and all… Ooh, I know what’ll make it better for me! ALCOHOL! Sweet sweet Jagermeifter. Where would I be without you, beautiful german spirit?

Oh yea….

[center]Asayake
    Surskit (M)
    Health – 100%
    Energy – 100%
    Status
    Perfectly damn fine.

Chris 2.0
    Dusclops (M)
    Health – 100%
    Energy – 100%
    Status
    Still frightfully rude. I hope someone stabs him in the eye. (I <3 you Simpsons)

The Blue Avenger
    Exeggutor (M)
    Health – 100%
    Energy – 100%
    Status
    Still a big tree.

BATTLE…. & stuff….

Christ, its been like a year since I’ve reffed… Now you new kids have all those energy bars and whatnot, back in my day it was simply a health bar! Newfangled rubbish! I mean, delightful addition which adds more realistic depth to … I’m not convincing, am I?

Anyway, our final three make their way to the boundry of the arena, just beyond the moat and lob their Pokeballs onto the bouncy castle. A teensy Surskit appears, as does a rather large Dusclops and Exeggutor, both of whom have a little weight behind them. The blue avenger grabs a Long Island Iced Tea from my newly installed bar, but with the hood over his face, it simply goes to waste. Chris 2.0 gets a rum and coke, and Asayake, pink lemonade and vodka. Taking a chance to yell out orders, their Pokemon take heed, and get into the… you know…. Grrr arrrgh part of their psyche.

Exeggutor starts things off by having his three coconuts glowing like lightbulbs with a blind flash. Seems to me, the only fun way to get through this is to be blind drunk. However, Dusclops has closed his eyes and concentrated on increasing his special abilities. Surskit however chants a few words as he closes his eyes and a brown light forces its way out of Dusclops’ mouth and is absorbed into Surskit’s body, as he also gains boosted special abilities.

As the coconuts stop glowing, I pour myself another drink and Exeggutor tries to spit up a cloud of toxic, but wait. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO DO!? Since when has toxic been used as a damn frikken cloud? Is it just me who has never seen that happen (Admittedly I’ve only seen up to the Chimeco Catch episode) Plus in all the games its always been a goopy attack. So Exeggutor tries and fails to cough up a cloud of toxic, instead getting some goop stuck in his throat, but still managing to hurl some up which hits Dusclops. Giving an evil glare, Dusclops holds his hands out as they glow a light blue and a jagged bolt of ice energy streams from it, into the gut of Exeggutor who reels in pain.

Surskit however, has its eyes glow a light blue as an icy wind comes through the bouncy castle, giving his opponents a chill. Finally, as the poison soaks into Dusclops and Exeggutor’s systems, surskit glows, however, as Dusclops comes stumbling across the castle with a fist full of electrical power, he misses, unable to see through the blinding light. Exeggutor however, fires off his sludge bomb, which manages to hit surskit and stop its glowing. Thus ends round 1.

Asayake
    Surskit (M)
    Health – 87%
    Energy – 91%
    Status
    Poisoned. 3% a round.

Chris 2.0
    Dusclops (M)
    Health – 93%
    Energy – 87%
    Status
    Badly poisoned. 2% This round, 4% Next!

The Blue Avenger
    Exeggutor (M)
    Health – 79%
    Energy – 88%
    Status
    A tad frosty and Badly poisoned. 2% This round, 4% next.

OK OK EDIT! Fine, stupid Make Room for Gloom and my hazy memory of Gloom and Bulbasaur getting it on and little else apart from a fake leaf stone subplot.

Basically I tallied it up, and Surskit blows the toxic cloud back at the other two with its Icy Wind. And as in that Kanto Episode where Pikachu chokes on an apple and they then help a hospital, Exeggutor is poisoned by its own poison (As Arbok was) and so is the ghost of Chris' So, there was a 1% increase in health for Eggy! And no clogged throat!

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The January Pokemon Contest! 1st Battle Round Up

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Also Jesse's Arbok used it in Kanto.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

Oh i know kanto. What epi cause i don't think arbok ever used a gas attack. Poision yes, gas no. Ie acid on ss anne. Btw from my mbl!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I can't remember specifically, but nevertheless ASB allows toxic in a gaseous form

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I think it was in "Make Room For Gloom", where Arbok releases Toxic in gas form. In the future though, it should be commanded as a gas or otherwise attack, as most people only ref it as a liquid, such as in this case.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

It's Asayake's turn

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

[font=sylfaen]Lol, I know its my turn I was just waitin to see if Andrew ended up changing somethin cause of the Toxic issue, anyhue:

Well done John, now I want you to do a combo of
    [font=sylfaen] Agility and Psybeam. Were going to do what you did in the appeal stages, launch yourself into the air. With the Agility behind you, you should quickly be launched up. Lastly, aim a Blizzard at your foes while you are still in the air. You might end up bein blown backwards, but that will just make it harder to hit you.

Agility and Psybeam/Blizzard
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*