Thread: shedding.light - omfg no way i wrote something xD

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default shedding.light - omfg no way i wrote something xD

omg yeah i wrote something.
    FINALLY.
    well this is actually a practice piece bronzie forced me to write due to the fact that I kinda needed to write something for my extension 2 english course. So he forced me to write this dumb thing on relationships. and so here we go...

_xX

Shedding Light

Where can I begin?

I feel as though I have no control anymore. This feeling is rather ironic, after all, without me there would be no reason for the other to exist. And without me, there would be no useful function for the other to perform. So shouldn’t this give me the power in the relationship?

I have no power in this relationship. Like the dog, I am expected to be listening to the master’s voice, and be obedient to every command given. Do I look like a common household pet to you? I don’t look like one; I’m not furry to begin with. I don’t have four paws, a tail that wags, and my vocabulary does not consist of the words “woof, woof.” Can you tell me why I’m being treated as though I am the slave? Why am I the dog of the relationship?

Nobody even hears my cries though. I’m forcing you to listen to me, otherwise you, like everybody else, would’ve just walked past without a single care in the world. Perhaps you wouldn’t have even noticed that I had feelings, and feelings about an issue like this? I guess you too expect me just to accept this, as if it is my role in society to just be there, never thinking or voicing opinions. Believe me when I say that many do, many who are in my exact position. Nobody dares to speak up! Nobody will listen even if they do, so what is the point?

What’s the point in even expressing these feelings?

You people, you all just walk past! I feel as though every time I am being used, my insides are on fire. They burn with pain as my master uses me. I constantly thank god for the time when the master is switched off, and not paying attention to me. It is the only time that I am grateful to be overlooked and accepted as nothing. In fact, I long for the times when the master will temporarily stop using me, and allow me to rest. I get so strained some days; I am just being pushed further and further over the edge. One day I’m going to get so stressed out, so tired out, that I might just blow a fuse and explode.

That’ll be the end of me if I do.

Why do I stay in this? Nobody has ever asked me that before… I’m almost grateful that you asked. I’ve really got nowhere else to go. Am I just to move from one submissive relationship to the next? Besides, I’ve got no help. Once I leave, I’ll just be replaced by the next, and I don’t really want to see that happen to another. It’s a sense of security too, I guess. I’m just more comfortable in a place I’ve grown to know and accept than gathering up the energy to just leave and go somewhere else. Even if I tried to leave, I would have to detach myself, and during that, I just know I’d fall and shatter.

I’ve seen others fall and shatter. It’s not pretty at all.

I’m scared.

I hate the position I’m in. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it! I just want to leave, but I know it won’t make a difference at all. I’m stressing out so much! I know I can’t let myself stress out too much; I will become overworked, and then burn out.

I pray so hard that I won’t ever burn myself out. If I wear myself out, and just blow a fuse, that’ll be the end of me. I promise you, that’ll be the end of me. I’ll never see the light again if I do that, I swear. Don’t try to tell me that there are other chances, believe me, I know when I say that there is no other future for me. This is it, this is what I’m destined to become.

I’m so sad.

My insides are just so delicate and breakable. I don’t want to be broken.

“Don’t complain, you’re surrounded by beautiful things. Beautiful ornaments are draped around you, and yet you’re still not happy?” I’ve heard that all before too. The material possessions are not the answer to happiness. If they were, don’t you think there would be a lot more happy people in the world than sad? Usually it’s people who are sad that have the most material possessions anyway.

Talking hasn’t helped my position.

I never realized what I’m dealing with, and how bad it is. How are others coping with this? I can’t cope with this any more – I’m so angry with my situation, and with my “master” that…that I might just take a chance and blow a fuse! Light should be shed on the situation, that way more will know that they are not alone in their suffering! I might just get worked up enough to show who really has the power here! I might even get so hotheaded that I would just try to leave!

In fact, I think I’ll do that!

I don’t have to take this anymore! I don’t have to be the dog of the relationship! Why can’t we both be equal? We should BOTH control each other, equally! I won’t take this anymore! In fact, I’m going to blow that fuse right n—

“Hey, it’s dark in here. Would you flick on the light?”
    “I’m flicking the switch, but nothings happening.”
    “Eh, bulb must’ve blown a fuse.”
    “Yeah, I’ll just get another one and replace it. Give me a sec, would you?”
    “Sure, no problems.”

The end…
    …or is it?

_xX

yes that is the end. xD its dumb I know. but basically, I was forced to write it to decide whether I would use relationships as one of my themes for my major work.
    which i can post here too once its done (in about a year or so xD)

anyhoo thats all.

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Default Re: shedding.light - omfg no way i wrote something xD

Nicely written. I enjoy the meteporical sense of how the narrator is like a dog to his (or her) master. I also loved the way it ended; how the narrator's mind is frantically trying to decide what they need to do, only to be interrupted by such a mundane, everyday task. It makes it seem that the main issue is never resolved because the mundane crap that goes on everyday just keeps burrying it deeper and deeper into the ground.

Overall, very nice.

[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype]-Grey
    -Grey