Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The February Pokémon Contest (Final Up!)

Default The February Pokémon Contest (Final Up!)

[color=#cccccc]This month's contest is going to be hosted by me, the Arbiter! The setting for this momentous contest: The Neverend.

The gym, "Neverend", is just a standard arena; the rooftop opens or closes at the end of each round. When the rooftop is closed, weather attacks and the like won't be noticed. If the trainers use any swimming pokémon, a pool will be provided. During the two appeal stages, however, the rooftop will remain closed. Appeals relying on weather moves and the like will likely fail.

The number of participants will stay normal (8 to 4 to 2), however, the will be using three pokémon, one for each appeal and battle round.

[Edit] Forgot to note that the more original the pokémon, the better the judges will like the appeal (so pokémon like Grimer or Pincer will have a better chance than overused ones like Dragonair or Charizard).

[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype]-drew
    -Grey

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The February Pokémon Contest

I'll be entering with my female Clefairy, Arven.

Arven, start off with a Bubblebeam. Then freeze all the bubbles with a widespread Blizzard. Finally, make the iceballs dance in the air with Psychic manipulation.

Bubblebeam ~ Blizzard ~ Psychic
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll by using the UU, male Hoothoot Hermes!

Hermes start off with a good old and fascinating Featherdance! Show the crowd all the beautiful feathers. Next use a Psychic to manipulate the feathers into a tornado, but let the tornado hover in mid air horizontaly! Then use a fast and powerfull Aerial Ace to sweep right through the tornado!

Featherdance ~ Psychic ~ Aerial Ace

Banned

Let's see if I do any better this time around. >.>

I'll be using my Clamperl, whose name I convientienlty forgot right now >.>;;

Clamperl, you're in a pool at the moment, so...create a Whirlpool inside it. As you're swirling about in the pool, wait until you reach the very bottom, then release a beautiful Ice Beam whilst rising yourself from the Whirlpool with a Waterfall!

Whirlpool ~ Ice Beam ~ Waterfall.

>> Ok, so it looks beautiful in my mind. *flees*

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

[font=sylfaen] UU Pokemon? No prob, I've got eight of im, ^^'''. Let's start with my male Camerupt, King Fu Congoman (KFC). Let's see if I can't use him better this time.

KFC start with a
    [font=sylfaen] Rock Slide. Rip pieces of the arena out, and try to throw them as high as you can into the air. Now if ripping up arena's is not possible, use Eruption instead. That will give us the rocks we need. Again try to get them as high into the air as possible. Next spray a Toxic over all the rocks you can. If you used Eruption wait until the flames are gone. Then use Flamethrower on the toxic covered rocks to make them light on fire, and produce a meteor shower.

Rock Slide or Eruption/ Toxic/Flamethrower
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

My little Kokoro. Lets try our hand at a contest shall we?
    First, fire off a Will-O-Wisp to gather the audiences attention, then quickly, use a Thunderbolt and a Psychic to manipulate the thunderbolts head into a dragons head, and direct the Dragons head to eat the flames.

Kokoro: Will-O-Wisp <> Thunder Bolt + Psychic

TSUKI MEGAMI
    Mizu ~ Akuma Guujin ~ Kamisama ~ Adeyaka Ga ~ Mahou ~ Faitingusupiritto ~ Denkou Jishaku ~ Chiisa

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well, let's see if I can get past teh second round this time! ^^

I shall use the ol shiny shellder, Tyrus! He's bright enough to stand out anywhere, and I reckon he needs a break from washing away slugmas!

Tyrus, start the round with a Rapid Spin to create a whirlpool in the water (you will be in the water already). Spin as high as you can, riding the water and follow up with a Dive back into the water. Finish the round by firing an Aurora Beam straight through the middle of the whirlpool, which should be dying down by now. It'll light up the sky with loverly rainbows! ^^

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Let's play the contest game with Ferdinand, the male Snorunt!

Ferdinand! Scatter a chilling Powder Snow into the air. As they fall back down, gather them all with an Icy Wind around your monster and add on a Safeguard to complete that glowing image.

Powder Snow ~ Icy Wind ~ Safeguard

Ferdinand: Snorunt! ^-^
    AYE ESS BEE

Shamshir/Wario/Joann/Mr. Larpus/Giant Enemy Crab (Xanthius)
    Meliadoul/Shizuka/Roy/Pit/Taina
    Celice/Anita/Asmodeus/Ferdinand
    Elekid

Work It Harder Make It Better
    Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger
    More Than Ever Hour After
    Our Work Is Never Over

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I'm going to go with Staryu!

Staryu, rapid spin with water gun facing upwards so all your water attacks go towards the roof before using Blizzard to freeze it all in pretty midair patterns and when it hits the ground it'll shatter beautifully!

[b][font=Palatino Linotype]BLACK HISTORY MONTH GRAND PRIX
    [size=3][b][font=Palatino Linotype]appeals round

| | | | | | |

setting
    the neverend – rooftop is closed

background music
    weezer - buddy holly

the introduction
    The Neverend... a place where only two trainers have been. Only one of those two trainers is here with us today, but that's unimportant. What is important is that we're starting a contest for a month that still has yet to arrive (it's only January 31st). Regardless, we're celebrating. There are a few spectators, three judges, and a referee. The spectators have been asked countless times to lower their voices. We may have to bring out the tasers. The judges are balding and bumbling, but their opinions are top-notch. The referee... well, let's be honest, we gave a bum a fiver to make sure that none of the "magical fairy creatures" hurt themselves. We may have to bring out the tasers. But once more, that's unimportant.

The first trainer, TheBlueAvenger, steps into the large gymnasium, avoiding the pool. Pulling a typical poké ball from his pocket, the young trainer tosses it to the ground, summoning from within one of the aforementioned "magical fairy creatures". A cleffairy, interestingly dubbed "Arven". The second trainer, still a newcomer, MeLoVeGhOsTs, also steps into the large room whilst tossing a poké ball to the floor, much like his opponent. Emerging from it is a tiny hoothoot, which promptly flutters his wings about to remain afloat. Darth Skrusti is the tird trainer. His pokémon is a clamperl - quite a fascinating pokémon to see; his name is unknown because Darth Skrusti has a history of forgetting his pokémons' monikers. The last of the first four trainers steps up; Asayake summons her large fire beast; the first fully evolved pokémon to grace the Neverend. With an intimidating stare, the camerupt, named Kung-fu Congoman, oddly enough, gracelessly enters the gym.

The first of the last four trainers is Tsuki Megumi. She, like Asayake, is one of the only three trainers lacking a Y-chromosome here. She has elected to choose her shuppet, Kokoro. Weasel Overlord, the self-dubbed overlord of weasels, steps up whilst calling upon her own pokémon - a golden shellder named Tyrus. Chris Watarimono is the only trainer to have battled in this arena beforehand; he chooses a seldomly battled snorunt, named Ferdinand. And finally, the final trainer of the final four trainers is Ozzie... better known as Andrew. The quizzically odd trainer who specializes in underused pokémon summons his staryu, which oddly enough, isn't as underused as you'd think.

The eight trainers retreat to the back of the gym as they wait for their number to be picked. The Arbiter, the host of this contest, steps up with a mic in hand, "Ladies and gentlemen," he says cooly, as if he was the coolest person in the world, "I welcome you to..."

He pauses for effect.

"...see my cute little neice! Is she not the cutest thing ever!?"

Everyone face plants. Then, someone of higher intellect bashes the Arbiter in the head with a shovel before dragging him out of the gymnasium.

the appeals
    TheBlueAvenger, along with his rare cleffairy, step up to the imaginary home plate. The three judges stare, waiting for the appeal to be called. TheBlueAvenger, not intimidated by the daunting stare of the bumbling old men, issues his commands with confidence, "Arven, start off with a Bubblebeam. Then freeze all the bubbles with a widespread Blizzard. Finally, make the iceballs dance in the air with Psychic manipulation."

Arven readies herself; gathering some breath, she quickly spits out several, almost fifty, watery bubbles up towards the roof. Then, before they can even pop, Arven summons a storm of cold ice. The water becomes solidified as the cold air effects it. Interestingly enough, ice is the only solid that is lighter than it's liquid counterpart. The several frozen bubbles then stop in midair as the clefairy, with closed eyes, puts them in a trance. She bends the will of the inanimate ice bubbles, forcing them to dance about to her will. The audience is impressed, but their opinions are invalid. The judges, looking amused, jot down some notes and nod in approval. Arven's psychic manipulation ceases as the several bubbles come crashing down upon the arena floor, leaving some ice shards upon the floor. TheBlueAvenger, along with Arven, step away from the judges.

MeLoVeGhOsTs and his hoothoot, Hermes, step up, ready to appease the judges. "Hermes start off with a good old and fascinating Featherdance! Show the crowd all the beautiful feathers. Next use a Psychic to manipulate the feathers into a tornado, but let the tornado hover in mid air horizontaly! Then use a fast and powerfull Aerial Ace to sweep right through the tornado!"

The hoothoot then prepares himself. Hovering a few inches in the air, Hermes flaps his wings quickly as several feathers enter the arena. They dance for a few seconds until Hermes stops them in midair using his kinesis. The feathers then spin, faster and faster in a cyclone fashion. Finishing off, Hermes then let's go of the feathers with his mind in order to submit his concentration to another attack. Unfortunately, the feathers, no longer bound by psychosis, have nothing to keep them dancing. Before Hermes can even dart through them successfully, the several feathers fall lightly to the ground. The judges take some more notes, and request the next trainer.

Wasting no time as MeLoVeGhOsTs leaves, Darth Skrusti issues the commands for his clamperl, "Clamperl, you're in a pool at the moment, so...create a Whirlpool inside it. As you're swirling about in the pool, wait until you reach the very bottom, then release a beautiful Ice Beam whilst rising yourself from the Whirlpool with a Waterfall!"

From the pool, the clamperl quickly laps around whilst creating a great whirlpool in the water. The current forces clamperl deeper into the pool, which is okay because he's a water-type. As the torrent forces him to the bottom of the pool, the clamperl readies himself for a double attack. Using a water fall to dart upwards, he immediately spits out a powerful ice beam which shoots up towards the roof. The audience hands out various "ooh's" and "ahh's", but once more, it's not up to them to decide. The ice collects upon the rafters, and the judges speculate whilst calling for the next trainer to come in.

She does; "KFC (Yo! I say you he dead!"), Eruption. That will give us the rocks we need. Try to get them as high into the air as possible. Next spray a Toxic over all the rocks you can, wait until the flames are gone. Then use Flamethrower on the toxic-covered rocks to make them light on fire, and produce a meteor shower."

Grunting, the fully-evolved pokémon slams his fore-hooves onto the ground floor, causing it to rip apart as a massive amount of magma emerges. The magma shoots upwards whilst throwing several remnants of the arena floor with it (my gym!). Waiting for the fires to die down, Kung-fu Congoman spits out an acidic toxic which slaps across them. Now fueled, KayEffCee immediately fires a chain of exploded hydrogen, which reacts with the toxins along the rock, igniting them once more. As they quickly fall into various places, the judges make some notes.

We take a slight intermission while the various slav–I mean workers, clean up the mess. With the Neverend back in tip-top shape, the next trainer, Tsuki Megami, steps up, alongside her shuppet. "First, fire off a Will-O-Wisp to gather the audience's attention, then quickly, use a Thunderbolt and a Psychic to manipulate the thunderbolts into a dragon's head, and direct the dragon's head to eat the flames."

Kikoro throws her arms up into the air whilst spitting a large ball of flames into the air. The fire ball catches the eyes of the audience, as well as the judges. Whilst it remains hovered in the air, Kokoro then summons a thunderbolt; then immediately, whilst the yellow electricity is still visible, bends it's will. Struggling with the thunder, Kokoro attempts to reshape it artistically. However, because she isn't a psychic pokémon, her abilities are a bit lacking. She manages to shape the thunder into something attrocious... and while some people could call it a dragon's head, it's still pretty ugly. She then, very tired, tries to control the manipulated thunders; however, because she is so tired, she easily looses grip of it as it let's loose wildly. The fire ball then burns up, disappearing into a shallow nothingness.

Weasel Overlord, the last of the XX's, steps up with her pokémon, "Tyrus, start the round with a Rapid Spin to create a whirlpool in the water. Spin as high as you can, riding the water and follow up with a Dive back into the water. Finish the round by firing an Aurora Beam straight through the middle of the whirlpool, which should be dying down by now. It'll light up the sky with loverly rainbows!"

The golden shellder wastes no time; withdrawn into his shell, he quickly spins around rapidly as the waters slowly rise. At the paramount of his water tower, Tyrus then dives back into the water. As the sudden typhoon slowly dies down, Tyrus then shoots out an aurora beam, the light of which refracts with the water. The magnificent colors shine along the arena floor, greatly amusing both the audience and the judges as the jot down some more notes.

Chris Watarimono, that crazy kid with lots of pokémon (the Tygerofdanyte of New ASB), steps up with his tiny ice pokémon. "Ferdinand! Scatter a chilling Powder Snow into the air. As they fall back down, gather them all with an Icy Wind around your monster and add on a Safeguard to complete that glowing image."

Ferdinand quickly calls forth a light, pillowy cloud of snow. As it slowly falls to the ground, he then summons a very chilling wind to collect the snow and collect around himself. As the snowflakes dance around, he then creates a silver veil around himself, which reflects off the ice making a beautiful display. As the appeal ends, Chris and his Snorunt make room for the final trainer.

Andrew, whom the Arbiter one day hopes to create a club with (we could call ourselves Andrew2!), steps where Chris Watarimono once stepped, along with his hovering staryu. Keeping it simple, Andrew readies his appeal, "Staryu, Rapid Spin with Water Gun facing upwards so all your water attacks go towards the roof before using Blizzard to freeze it all in pretty midair patterns and when it hits the ground it'll shatter beautifully!"

The unnamed staryu begins; its body parallel to the rooftop as it quickly spins about. Faster and faster, Staryu then spits from its dominant fin a steady stream of water. The water is shot towards the rooftop, spinning about in a similar fashion. Before it can fall to the ground, Staryu then creatures a chilling blizzard. Once more, the water solidifies in a crazy clockwise fashion before it falls down to the ground. As it slams across the floor, several shards of ice are shot in various ways; the judges make their final notes before giving their testamonies.

[color=#666666]the results
    The judges all stand forward. The one in the center, appearing to be the only one not mute, coughs into the microphone. "We have tallied the scores for the eight appeals. The eight appeals were very well done, and although we can't approve them all, we want you to know that we really wish we could. We'll begin to read off the appeals with the lowest grade first."

dragon's head
    performer Tsuki Megumi's shuppet, Kokoro.
    notes The appeal, while very original, was way too complicated for anyone to perform. Using a psychic to manipulate electricity is quite tricky, and even psychic pokémon would have difficulties with it.
    final score 4.5.

tunnel of feathers
    performer MeLoVeGhOsTs' hoothoot, Hermes.
    notes A psychic manipulation right after another psychic manipulation isn't very original, and Hermes required his full concentration to use psychic. When he used aerial ace, his manipulation of the feathers ceased, thus giving him a low score.
    final score 6.0.

typhoon
    performer Darth Skrusti's clamperl.
    notes The ice beam really didn't have much to do with the other attacks; it was almost as if that were thrown in at the last minute. The three attacks need to collaborate better with one another.
    final score 7.0.

ice shell
    performer Chris Watarimono's snorun, Ferdinand.
    notes While the coordination was pretty well-done, all it really did was create a bright orb around Ferdinand. It was pretty boring, overall.
    final score 7.0.

northern lights (typhoon revisited)
    performer Weasel Overlord's shellder, Tyrus.
    notes While it was executed better, the appeal was a lot like MLG's. However, using aurora beam rather than ice beam really put it over the top. The judges enjoyed the refracted colors.
    final score 7.3.

ice tornado
    performer Andrew's staryu.
    notes Using a blizzard to freeze the water is very similar to TBA's; the shape of the water at the time of solidification, the "ice tornado" effect was nice.
    final score 8.0.

frosty bubbles
    performer TheBlueAvenger's clefairy, Arven.
    notes A very nice performance, indeed.
    final score 8.5.

meteor shower
    performer Asayake's camerupt, Kung-fu Congoman.
    notes Using toxic and flamethrower to ignite the falling debris that had previously been on fire was a bit redundent, but nonetheless, a sterling performance.
    final score 9.1

the next round
    The four trainers heading to the next round will be Asayake (9.1), TheBlueAvenger (8.5), Andrew (8.0), and Weasel Overlord (7.3). Congratulations! To all those who didn't make it, March will be here soon.

The next round will feature four new pokémon, so trainers, PM your second and third pokémon to me. Asayake, because your appeal scored the highest, you will get to choose the order in which the next appeals will be submitted.

Good-luck.

[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype]-Grey
    -Grey

Super Moderator

Default Re: The February Pokémon Contest (1st Appeals Up!)

So... we wait for Asayake before we submit our 2nd appeal with new Pokemon and potential 3rd Battler?

No, you can PM me your choices right now; Asayake just choices the appeal order.

-Grey

In accordance with Asayake:

"I like random, so off to the random number generator I go, which states thus:

Weasel Overlord, TheBlueAvenger, Moi, and Andrew are the appeal order."

I've received PM's from everyone except for Andrew; when he sends me his, I'll let you know the first four pokémon being used; Weasel Overlord will then submit her appeal.

-Grey

Elite Trainer

Colour change! Colour change! ^^

Ahem...me first eh? Sweet! My pokemon of choice for this round is my male Growlithe, Loren! Go Loren!

Start the round with am Iron Tail, slap the ground and break it all up. Then follow up with a Dig, go straight down and come up a little bit further. Just before you leave the earth, however, I want you to use a Flame Wheel. Gather the flames around your body and spring out of your hole as high as you can, before landing in a flurry of flames! Oooh...sparkly!

Iron Tail (onto the ground to break it up)~Dig (down into the ground)~Flame Wheel (gather flames around yourself)

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Super Moderator

Oh, don't worry, I've submitted my Pokemanz!

As Andrew said earlier, I've received all the pokémon. They are as thus follows:

·TheBlueAvenger and his dugtrio, Tap-Tap, the Red Nose
    ·Weasel Overlord and her growlithe, Loren
    ·Asayake and her breloom, Studdly
    ·Andrew and his corsola

Because Weasel Overlord couldn't wait to post her appeals, we now await for TheBlueAvenger, followed by Asayake, and finally, Oz.

-Grey

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Mkay, Tap-Tap, let's give this our best shot. Start off with a Double Team to summon some clones. The chase each other in a growing-steadily-smaller circle with Pursuit. Finally, when you all converge on each other, wow the crowd with a Hyper Beam, straight up.

Double Team ~ Pursuit ~ Hyper Beam
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

[font=sylfaen]Oops! Heh, didn't read those instructions quite right. Apologies, The Arbiter.

Studdly I want you to use
    [font=sylfaen] Sky Uppercut[font=sylfaen] to launch yourself as high into the air as you can! Then I want you to use a combo of Stun Spore and Bullet Seed, to make a nice blue and green mix. Spin as you fall, and if you can, aim the Bullet Seed at the ground. So it explodes in a greenish crack on contact.

Sky Uppercut/Stun Spore and Bullet seed
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Super Moderator

Ok Corsola, focus your power into one Icicle spear and fire it straight up!

From there, use Ice Beam to fire it higher and higher as it gets icier! Once it gets too heavy fire a pretty pretty confuse ray at it so as a big Crystal it'll show pretty colours all refracted. And it'll crash down behind you for a great finish...

That makes sense... no?

Icicle Spear - Ice beam - Confuse Ray

[size=3][b][font=Palatino Linotype]appeals round continued

| | | | | | |
    | | |

setting

background music
    weezer - buddy holly

the introduction
    The rooftop is closed, and the Arbiter is barred from every showing off pictures of his neice... no matter how beautiful she may be. Four trainers have already been eliminating, leaving only four more. For this round to appeal to the three bumbling judges, the trainers must issue commands that are both simplistically complicated, as well as originally smashing. The hobo... well, he's still a hobo.

The second introduction fades out; we enter appeal round two!

the appeals
    Weasel Overlord, along with her freshly summoned growlithe, Loren, step in front of the judges. She had the lowest appeal of the last round, but perhaps she can pull a one-seventy-nine and really cater to the judges' needs this time around, "Start the contest with an Iron Tail," she musters with confidence, "Smack the floor and then Dig down underneath. When you come up, spring from the ground with as much force as you can muster and use a Flame Wheel just before you exit the earth. Gather the flames about yourself in a cyclone as you go into the air, twisting around and landing in a flurry of flames."

"Growlithe!," he barks as he contemplates the orders he was given. His orange tail striped with black stripes soon stretches as long as possible before he envelops it in a shiny metallic plating. His eyes become furious-looking as his tail quickly collides with the arena floor. The Neverend, being built on concrete, isn't usually a good place to dig underground. However, it would appear that Weasel Overlord has done her homework: the firery dog pokémon continues to break through the floor with his metallic tail; with the floor more broken than before, Loren retracts his tail and begins to dig into the soily ground below–a far less arduous task now that the ground is softer. Completely burrowed in the ground, the judges are amused; Loren then stuns them by leaping out of her hole with several firery rings surrounding her. The cackling and snapping of the flames soon stops as Loren lands upon the ground. The judges take notes as both Weasel Overlord and her growlithe venture outwards.

Stepping up next is TheBlueAvenger, along with his dugtrio. His dugtrio has, perhaps, the most awesome moniker ever: Tap-Tap, the Red Nose. If I were a judge, I would give this appeal an 11.0 based on name alone. Unfortunately, I'm not. Tap-Tap burrows through the cemented floor with a grace that Loren lacked; the judges secretly wondering what's underneath the ground, "do they have legs, even?"

TheBlueAvenger issues his commands, "Mkay, Tap-Tap, let's give this our best shot," he says, "Start off with a Double Team to summon some clones. Then, chase each other in a growing-steadily-smaller circle with Pursuit. Finally, when you all converge on each other, wow the crowd with a Hyper Beam, straight up."

Tap-Tap, all three digletts merged together, nod in agreement. The Red Nose closes his eyes as his very image is copied and pasted all around the Neverend floor. Five dugtrio circle the pool; Tap-Tap then charges forward with a dark energy. His clones, though much slower, circle around the pool as he slowly catches up to them; they each disappear as he collects them, making it seem that he were stealing their energy as he plowed through them. As the last clone is collected, Tap-Tap suddenly stares at the rooftop, shooting a solid beam of non-elemental energy towards. The bright light of the beam brings in the attention of the crowds, the judges, and the hobo. Certainly tired, the dugtrio lets himself recharge as the judges tally his score.

The third trainer, Asayake, steps up with her breloom, Studdly. She received the highest score in the last round; let's see if she can do the same. "Studdly I want you to use Sky Uppercut to launch yourself as high into the air as you can! Then I want you to use a combo of Stun Spore and Bullet Seed, to make a nice blue and green mix. Spin as you fall, and if you can, aim the Bullet Seed at the ground. So it explodes in a greenish crack on contact."

Breloom is certainly an underused pokémon; in fact, I don't think anyone in the TPML actually uses one aside from Miss Asayake. Regardless, Studdly, her breloom, readies himself. To gain momentum and a solid leap, Studdly pulls downward before snapping up and launching himself high into the air. As he sails through the air, Studdly turns to face the ground whilst simultaneously emitting a blue-ish cloud of poisons meant for paralysis. With the cloud in place, Studdly then shoots out a barrage of seeds in a bullet-like fashion. The seeds break through the cloud, causing it to drift apart. Whilst Studdly continues to barrel down to the ground, his volley of bullet seeds explode when impacting the ground, in a dazzling display. The judges note the appeal and signal for the final trainer to step up.

Ozzie, who names his pokémon with the Oz- prefix, brings out his corsola, who, for some reason, lacks the aforementioned Oz- prefix. Whatever, "Okay, Corsola," he says, "focus your power into one Icicle Spear and fire it straight up! From there, use Ice Beam to fire it higher and higher as it gets icier! Once it gets too heavy, fire a pretty-pretty Confuse Ray at it so as a big crystal it'll show pretty colours all refracted. And it'll crash down behind you for a great finish..."

Corsola (not Ozsola or OzCors), waddles over to the judges where she then looks towards the rooftop once more. Gathering some much-needed strength, the tiny pink spongue creates a spear out of solidified water, and launches it high into the air. It is flung about ten feet in the air before it starts to decent; but before it can go too far, a beam of ice crashes into it. This causes two things: it makes the spear larger, and then it lifts it some more into the air. Unfortunate, the effect doesn't last; the ice, getting heavier and heavier, begins to come down. Corsola immediately shines a confusing ray of light towards it, refracting with the ice crystal. The dazzling light is broken down and flung about all around the arena, amusing to the audience. The large crystal of ice then collides with the cement floor (still very broken up from Tap-Tap and Loren), shattering into several pieces. The display now takes review.

[color=#666666]the results
    "With a sterling set of appeals," starts the center judge, "we have found it very difficult to grade you all. I honestly want to let you all duke it out in the final round... but the other guys won't let me... so, without further aduei..."

bullet spore
    performer Asayake's breloom, Studdly.
    notes A great appeal; however, the bullet seed broke through the stun spore cloud a bit too easily.
    final score 7.9.

ice climber
    performer Andrew's corsola.
    notes The refraction of the light was very similar to Weasel Overlord's previous appeal, "Northern Lights"; the constant firing of ice beam also made Corsola a bit weary, so her timing with the confuse ray was a bit rushed. Overall, it was still a great appeal.
    final score 8.3.

erupting fire hound
    performer Weasel Overlord's growlithe, Loren.
    notes Using iron tail to break down the ground was an excellent idea. The judges especially enjoyed Loren's "eruption".
    final score 8.9.

soul eater
    performer TheBlueAvenger's dugtrio, Tap-Tap, the Red Nose.
    notes As stated, the judges really liked the effect of Tap-Tap "devouring" the clones; it made him look like he was gathering their energy, and then was released (ala hyper beam).
    final score 9.4.

the next round
    The two trainers heading to the next round will be TheBlueAvenger (9.4) and Weasel Overlord (8.9). Congratulations!

The next round is where the battle officially begins. It'll be Weasel Overlord's houndour, Vaka, versus TheBlueAvenger's exeggutor (again, not an exeggcute), Numeron. Because TheBlueAvenger had the highest appeal from the last round, he will choice his first attacks last.

Until next time...,

-Grey

Super Moderator

Default Re: The February Pokémon Contest (2nd Appeals Up!)

No! No! NOooo!

I'm never going to get a ribbon to get into a festival!

I NEED to be the prettiest damn princess in the land!

I always get knocked out in this area.... *Sobs*

That's it for you Corsola, off to the asbestos mines with you, useless good for nothing.

Elite Trainer

Right on!! Neeext round!! Vaka, we have a type advantage here, so let's work with it! Start the round with a Flamethrower. Start as we mean to go on, eh? And since Exeggutor's second type is Psychic, your second move shall be a trusty Crunch. Finish the round with a Will-o-Wisp for some burny goodness!

Flamethrower~Crunch~Will-o-Wisp

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Okay, Numeron, set up a Substitute first, a medium sized one, maybe 15%. Then, while she's occupied with that, throw a Sleep Powder at her and end with a Toxic.

[center][b][font=Palatino Linotype]BLACK HISTORY MONTH GRAND PRIX
    [size=3][b][font=Palatino Linotype]battle round one

| | | | | | |
    | | |
    |

setting

background music
    weezer - buddy holly

TheBlueAvenger / Weasel Overlord
    [right]
    [color=#cccccc][size=1]numeron / exeggutor / male
    HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 100
    ENERGY |||||||||||||||||||| 100
    confident
    [left]
    [size=1]female / houndour / vaka
    [font=arial]100 |||||||||||||||||||| HEALTH

[font=arial]100 |||||||||||||||||||| [color=#666666]ENERGY
    confident

commands
    [color=#cccccc]1substitute*15% [exeggutor] / 2sleep powder [houndour] / 3toxic [houndour] EXEGGUTOR
    HOUNDOUR 1flamethrower [exeggutor] / 2crunch [exeggutor] / 3will-o-wisp [exeggutor]

round one
    The first two appeals have ended, leaving only two trainers left. The super-cool leader of Happy-Happiness, TheBlueAvenger, summons his nature-psyshic; a pokémon we're all to familiar with escapes from the red and blue colored poké ball, excited to battle. Weasel Overlord, still cool, just not super-cool, summons her hellhound creature, Vaka. The houndour grunts as she is released from her poké ball. Weasel Overlord grins, never achieving this stage of the contest, "Vaka, we have a type advantage here, so let's work with it! Start the round with a Flamethrower. Start as we mean to go on, eh? And since Exeggutor's second type is psychic, your second move shall be a trusty Crunch. Finish the round with a Will-o-Wisp for some burny goodness!"

Despite his adversary's excited tone, TheBlueAvenger does not fret. Eager, but not too, he issues his commands for the battle veteran, Numeron, "Okay, Numeron, set up a Substitute first, a medium sized one, maybe 15%. Then, while she's occupied with that, throw a Sleep Powder at her and end with a Toxic."

Numeron doesn't falter at the commands his trainer had issued; rather, the large coconut tree closes his several eyes, creating a white aura round him. The aura glows a magnificent shade of white as it seperates, shaping a smaller, yet identical, clone of himself (15% – Numeron; 15% – Exegg.Clone). Vaka, being none the wiser, immediately roasts the tiny double with a rippling fire chain (10% – Exegg.Clone). The small substitute catches fire, but no one seems to mind. Vaka, to capitalize on her elemental superiority, darts towards the tiny clone with her teeth littered with rembrants of dark energy. The dark hound sinks her teeth into the clone (5% – Exegg.Clone). The clone withers away, leaving a very confused Vaka unguarded. Numeron rustles his leafy epidermus, allowing a powdery potion to fall into Vaka's nostrils. The houndour's eyes suddenly become heavier, but she won't give in just yet. She barks out a tiny pebble of blue fire; however, Numeron is unfazed as the unruly will-o-wisp shoots away from him. Finishing out the first round, Numeron conjures some venomous poison, more toxic than usual. He spits the acidic poison onto Vaka's black fur as it slowly seeps in. Vaka, still struggling against the inevitable slumber, cries in pain.

the results
    First battle round concluded; Vaka trembles as the poison begins to devour her health slowly (1% – Vaka). A large, mechanical noise can be heard; the trainers look up to see that the rooftop is opening, showing off the beautiful winter's day. It's not too cold, as we're presently located in the Northern Florida region of the United States; however, it is recommended that you at least wear a light jacket – they can be purchased in the Neverend's Gift Shop!!

[right]
    HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 085
    [font=arial]ENERGY |||||||||||||||||||| 089
    EXEGG.CLONE ||||||||||||||| 000
    confident
    [left]
    [font=arial]099 |||||||||||||||||||| HEALTH

[font=arial]086 |||||||||||||||||[color=#666666]||| ENERGY
    very drowsy
    poison (3)

-Grey

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The February Pokémon Contest (1st Battle Round up!)

Numeron, try another Sleep Powder. Then hit her with a Bomb Voyage (Egg Bomb + Barrage).

Elite Trainer

Okay Vaka, don't sweat it. This round we'll start with our own Toxic! Give Numeron a taste of his own medicine! Follow it up with a Facade, if you aren't asleep by then; if you are, I want you to use a Sleep Talk. Finish the round with another trusty Flamethrower, however, once again, if you're asleep, use a Sleep Talk.

If asleep on first move; Snore~Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk
    If asleep on second move; Toxic~Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk
    If asleep on third move; Toxic~Facade~Sleep Talk
    If awake for the whole round; Toxic~Facade~Flamethrower

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

[size=3][b][font=Palatino Linotype]battle round one

| | | | | | |
    | | |
    |

setting
    the neverend – rooftop is open

background music
    weezer - buddy holly

[right]
    HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 085
    [font=arial]ENERGY |||||||||||||||||||| 089
    EXEGG.CLONE ||||||||||||||| 000
    confident
    [left]
    [font=arial]099 |||||||||||||||||||| HEALTH

[font=arial]086 |||||||||||||||||[color=#666666]||| ENERGY
    very drowsy
    poison (3)

commands
    [color=#cccccc]1sleep powder [houndour] / 2+3*bomb voyage [houndour] EXEGGUTOR
    HOUNDOUR 1toxic [exeggutor] / 2facade [exeggutor] / 3flamethrower [exeggutor]
    snore | sleep talk | sleep talk

round two
    The refreshing winter's breeze kisses along the cheeks of everyone in the Neverend now that the rooftop is open. Trainer TheBlueAvenger, having choiced second during the previous round, chooses his next volley carefully, "Numeron, try another Sleep Powder," the Happy-Happism enthusiast instructs, "Then hit her with a *Bomb Voyage."

Cooly, Weasel Overlord stands up, "Okay Vaka, don't sweat it," she says in confidence, "This round we'll start with our own Toxic! Give Numeron a taste of his own medicine! Follow it up with a Facade, if you aren't asleep by then; if you are, I want you to use a Sleep Talk. Finish the round with another trusty Flamethrower, however, once again, if you're asleep, use a Sleep Talk."

Getting into position, the young houndour speeds through the Neverend with a certain poison building up. As she makes her way towards the exeggutor, she spits the venom out and successfully lands a hit. However, as the poison begins to drain his life, Numeron proceeds to give Vaka another dosage of the sleep-inducing powder. Vaka's eyes become heavier and heavier to the point where she can no longer remain awake; finally giving into the sandman's spell, the houndour closes her eyes. As Numeron prepares for his double-attack, Vaka begins to mumble nothings in her sleep, (sleep talk generator – roar) until suddenly she opens her mouth real wide and roars loudly; with her booming voice enough to even wake herself up, Vaka feels slightly refreshed. Unfortunately for her, that soon fades when she sees several severed exeggcutes being flung her way. As she ducks down, she is blasted with several of the eggs as the explode on contact (11% – Vaka). As the barrage of exploding eggs subsides, Vaka gapes at her foe for a second before shooting at him with another chain of fire. The exeggutor is fried for the first time this battle (10% – Numeron).

the results
    The poison, now in both pokémon's systems, continues to do its work (3% – Vaka; 2% – Numeron). A large, mechanical noise can be heard once more as the rooftop seals shut.

[right]
    HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 073
    [font=arial]ENERGY |||||||||||||||||||| 081
    crispy; missing some heads
    poison (6)
    [left]
    [font=arial]085 ||||||||||||||||||| HEALTH

[font=arial]074 |||||||||||||||[color=#666666]||||| ENERGY
    a bit sleepy
    poison (6)

-Grey

Elite Trainer

Right Vaka, this round we're going to concentrate on getting in some hits! But first, I want you to use a Double Team! With a series of clones in a circle please. It should make it harder for Numeron to hit you! Follow it up with a Will-o-Wisp for more burny goodness, and finish the round with a Crunch, right on one of Numeron's heads. However, if you are asleep for any move, I want you to use the Sleep Talk tactics!

Double Team (in a circle)~Will-o-Wisp~Crunch (on one of the heads)
    Sub: Sleep Talk if asleep for any action...

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The February Pokémon Contest (2nd Battle Round up!)

While Vaka is Double Teaming, use a Refresh to cure that poison. Then use a Double Team of your own. Finish up with a Sludge Bomb.

Default Re: The February Pokémon Contest (2nd Battle Round up!)

If you guys stay online tonight, we may be able to finish this before the January contest. oo'

[Edit] Sorry, but I forgot to note that when a Double Team is set up, I use the dice generator provided by L_V; the number of sides is dependent on the number of clones. In this case, there were five clones, so I used a six-sided dice. The dice rolled "6", so that's why Vaka was able to cleanly attack Numeron, who then countered justly.

[size=3][b][font=Palatino Linotype]battle round three

| | | | | | |
    | | |
    |

setting

background music
    weezer - buddy holly

[right]
    HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 073
    [font=arial]ENERGY |||||||||||||||||||| 081
    crispy; missing some heads
    poison (6)
    [left]
    [font=arial]085 ||||||||||||||||||| HEALTH

[font=arial]074 |||||||||||||||[color=#666666]||||| ENERGY
    a bit sleepy
    poison (6)

commands
    [color=#cccccc]1refresh [exeggutor] / 2double team [exeggutor] / 3sludge bombEXEGGUTOR
    HOUNDOUR 1double team [houndour] / 2will-o-wisp [exeggutor] / 3crunch [exeggutor]
    sleep talk | sleep talk | sleep talk

round two
    Like in Flowers for Algernon, the cool winds have been felt, but are mercilessly taken away by the end of the previous round. Weasel Overlord is feeling quite amused with her houndour thus far, and choices her next set of commands carefully, "Right Vaka, this round we're going to concentrate on getting in some hits! But first, I want you to use a Double Team!, with a series of clones in a circle, please. It should make it harder for Numeron to hit you! Follow it up with a Will-o-Wisp for more burny goodness, and finish the round with a Crunch, right on one of Numeron's heads. However, if you are asleep for any move, I want you to use the Sleep Talk tactics!"

TheBlueAvenger smirks devilishly as he employs his own set of commands, "While Vaka is Double Teaming, use a Refresh to cure that poison. Then use a Double Team of your own. Finish up with a Sludge Bomb."

As his cannis adversary closes her eyes and creates several doubles, Numeron does his best to extract the venomous poison from his own body. Meanwhile, the various exeggcute murmur to themselves, hoping that they're not next to go in a future Bomb Voyage. Extracting the toxins from his body, Numeron looks to see that several houndour clones have been spread around the arena; it would be difficult to choice which one is real. The hellhound then smirks as she spits out another blue flame, which actually manages to strike the exeggutor this time. Numeron curses himself for not waiting long enough to refresh himself, but then immediately calls forth a platoon of clones akin to Vaka's. There are now six houndour and six exeggutor littered across the Neverend. Vaka tries to take a chance, lunging towards one of the exeggutor with a foul darkness oozing from her fangs. Luckily, she manages to strike the real Numeron, causing him quite a lot of pain (10% – Numeron). As the houndour struggle to remain latched onto her foe, Numeron concludes that she is definately not a clone, immediately shooting her with a large ball of sludge (7% – Vaka); which manages to knock her off balance as she lands on the floor. She looks around and notes that her various clones have vanished, unfortunate to her.

the results
    The exeggutor's poison has been lifted, however, Vaka is still plagued (6% – Vaka). A large, mechanical noise can be heard once more as the rooftop seals shut.

[right]
    HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 063
    [font=arial]ENERGY |||||||||||||||||||| 068
    hurting; has some bite marks
    burn (atk-)
    [left]
    [font=arial]072 ||||||||||||||||||| HEALTH

[font=arial]063 |||||||||||||[color=#666666]||||||| ENERGY
    poison (9)

-Grey

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The February Pokémon Contest (3rd Battle Round up!)

Mkay, Numeron, we're gonna try something different. Rollout all through the round and bowl her over.

Elite Trainer

Well then Vaka, let's take advantage of your slight form and nimbleness to avoid that Rollout! Start the round with an Iron Tail to smack Numeron out of the way. Follow it up with a Detect to sense where he's gonna be and then use a Faint Attacj to finish the round and once again get away from rolling-Exeggcutor.

Iron Tail~Detect~Faint Attack

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

[size=3][b][font=Palatino Linotype]battle round four

| | | | | | |
    | | |
    |

setting

background music
    weezer - buddy holly

[right]
    HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 063
    [font=arial]ENERGY |||||||||||||||||||| 068
    hurting; has some bite marks
    burn (atk-)
    [left]
    [font=arial]072 ||||||||||||||||||| HEALTH

[font=arial]063 |||||||||||||[color=#666666]||||||| ENERGY
    poison (9)

commands
    [color=#cccccc]1-3rollout [houndour] EXEGGUTOR
    HOUNDOUR 1iron tail [exeggutor] / 2detect [houndour] / 3faint attack [exeggutor]

round four
    The rooftop opened; once more the trainers feel the crisp coolness of the winter weather outside. Having a slight disadvantage over his opponent, TheBlueAvenger readies his fourth round of attacks quickly, "Mkay, Numeron, we're gonna try something different," he muses, "Rollout all through the round and bowl her over."

Another wild smirk, Weasel Overlord states her counter measures, "Well then Vaka, let's take advantage of your slight form and nimbleness to avoid that Rollout! Start the round with an Iron Tail to smack Numeron out of the way. Follow it up with a Detect to sense where he's gonna be and then use a Faint Attack to finish the round and once again get away from rolling-exeggutor.

Numeron wastes no time in dropping to the arena floor; torso to the ground, the large coconut tree proceeds to roll around collecting dust and other such minerals from the ground as his motions become more fluid and quick-like. Vaka senses her enemy's approach, and stretches out her youthful tail. As she continues to hold it out, it becomes enveloped in a silver casing. Already feeling strong enough to conquer anything, Vaka waits for just a moment while the rolling exeggutor comes barreling her way. As the large tree comes her way, she crashes her iron-soaked tail into him, unfortunately causing more harm to herself than good as the tree is barely knocked off course (6% – Vaka; 3% – Numeron). Mentally slapping herself in the face, Vaka then begins to concentrate heavily on the tree as he makes his way back around. Glowing an odd shade of orange, the houndour manages to duck away from Numeron as he passes by her. Numeron continues to roll, faster and faster, reaching Vaka again. However, the dark wolf cloaks herself in an eerie darkness long enough to make another daring escape. Tired and dizzy, Numeron stops his consistent rolling around, regaining his composure.

the results
    Vaka once again feels the trembling seduction of her toxicity (9% – Vaka). The rooftop above closes just like before.

[right]
    HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 060
    [font=arial]ENERGY |||||||||||||||||||| 059
    confident
    burn (atk-)
    [left]
    [font=arial]057 ||||||||||||||||||| HEALTH

[font=arial]050 ||||||||||[color=#666666]|||||||||| ENERGY
    poison (12)

-Grey

Elite Trainer

Default Re: The February Pokémon Contest (4th Battle Round up!)

Okay Vaka, well done for that round! This time, I want you to start off with an Attract, show that tree how attractive you can be and maybe he won't want to attack you. Follow it up with another Flamethrower and finish the round, and the contest, with a Crunch.

Attract~Flamethrower~Crunch

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Mkay, Numeron, Protect versus Attract. Teleport away from Flamethrower. Protect versus Crunch.

[size=3][b][font=Palatino Linotype]battle round five

| | | | | | |
    | | |
    |

setting

background music
    weezer - buddy holly

[right]
    [font=arial]ENERGY |||||||||||||||||||| 059
    confident
    burn (atk-)
    [left]
    [font=arial]057 ||||||||||||||||||| HEALTH

[font=arial]050 ||||||||||[color=#666666]|||||||||| ENERGY
    poison (12)

commands
    [color=#cccccc]1protect [exeggutor] / 2teleport [exeggutor] / 3protect [exeggutor] EXEGGUTOR
    HOUNDOUR 1attract [exeggutor] / 2flamethrower [houndour] / 3crunch [exeggutor]

round five
    The February contest nearing its close, the two finalists mentally congratulate one another for getting this far. Weasel Overlord, not in a good position, readies her last round of attacks, "Okay Vaka, well done for that round! This time, I want you to start off with an Attract, show that tree how attractive you can be and maybe he won't want to attack you. Follow it up with another Flamethrower and finish the round, and the contest, with a Crunch."

Smirking to himself, TheBlueAvenger remains composed as he makes his final choices, "Numeron, Protect versus Attract. Teleport away from Flamethrower. Protect versus Crunch."

The final round begins with the houndour gaping seductively at her adversary. Not knowing how to react, Numeron fumbles over himself whilst creating a shining white veil for protection. His eyes remained closed, oblivious to all of Vaka's advances. Feeling confused and awkward, Numeron pulls himself back to composure as Vaka angrily sends a chain of rippling fire tongues his way. As they quickly come towards him, Numeron winks out of existence momentarily before reappearing just behind Vaka. The dark hellhound winces in annoyance as she turns to face Numeron whilst simultaneously conjuring up some dark energy through her teeth. The houndour suddenly leaps at Numeron in hopes to tear through his bark, but alas, is surprised to merely slam into another protective veil. Numeron smirks confidently as his foe retreats to the other side, frightened.

the results
    The houndour once more feels the venomous quake rustling within herself (12% – Vaka). The rooftop opens again, but it doesn't matter as the very loud alarm is sounded, signaling that the contest is over. Let us check the results:

[right]
    [font=arial]ENERGY |||||||||||||||||||| 039
    very tired
    burn (atk-)
    [left]
    [font=arial]045 ||||||||||||||||||| HEALTH

[font=arial]041 ||||||||[color=#666666]|||||||||||| ENERGY
    poison (15)

[size=2][b][font=Palatino Linotype]TheBlueAvenger and Numeron, with 60% health, have won the Black History Month Grand Prix.
    [size=2][b][font=Palatino Linotype]Weasel Overlord and Vaka, playing a great match, have accepted defeat.

[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype]-until next time...
    -Grey

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The February Pokémon Contest (Final Up!)

Yes! Excellent, Numeron!

Thank you for a great match, WO. Thanks, Arbiter, for reffing, as well.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Oh my god we've finished February before January :-/

Well done TBA you played very well. I am amazed by the speediness of the contest - Grey you have done very well. We're only halfway through the month! Comiserations WE, you did very well too I must admit.

TBA the February Ribbon is on its way, I will PM you with it. Imageshacks just being a bitch :-/

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

So... do all three of my Pokemon get ribbons, or just Numeron?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yea I guess they do, I'll give you the link and you can simply add them onto your banner or whatever suits you

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013