Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The March Pokemon Contest: Final up

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default The March Pokemon Contest: Final up

Yes I'm judging the March contest! I thought I'd get the signup sheet here nice and early. I haven't reffed a contest since September IIRC so it's nice to go back and do another.

The winner of this contest will win the March Ribbon, earning them entry into the Grand Festival.

We need 8 competetors, who will use one Pokemon for this contest and one Pokemon only. You post in here with your contest Pokemon and then your first appeal. Following the first round being posted, you will PM me your next appeal.

The stage is a standard contest hall, with the Pokemon on a sturdy wooden floor facing a large audience. Weather moves will not work.

I may also remind you that you will get more points if your Pokemon displays an appeal around its stereotyped 'contest type'.

There are 5 catagories:
    Smart
    Cute
    Cool
    Beauty
    Tough

Obviously a Machamp trying to use charm wont work well, or a slowpoke trying to look smart wont be good either. Many Pokemon fit into more than 1 catagory, but try and make it suiting for the Pokemon. If a cute Pokemon uses charm it is better; if a Machamp uses tough moves, it will be better. You get the point.

Ok then! Go

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The March Pokemon Contest: Judged by Chris 2.0

Okay, I'll use my male Mr. Mime, Person Man.

Person Man, let's show them how smart you are! Start with a flurry of Magical Leaves. Then, catch them all with Psychic and draw them together. Then use 'em for target practice with a cool-looking Psybeam.

Magical Leaf ~ Psychic ~ Psybeam
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Warlock for Life-Mediev Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I'm in this month, going with my Male Nuzleaf, Tokijen

Lets be cool AND smart =P, charge a Solarbeam and fire it and at an angle so that it rises then dives to the stage, then before it dives Quick Attack and get infront of the beam and just when its about to hit you blast it with a Razor Wind to slice the energy into a dazzling display of swirling lights.

Solarbeam | Quick Attack | Razor Wind
    Boo Yah!

Riken | Oryx | Njord | Wraith | Blysse | Zoso
    Kabuki | Poe | Faul | Cruz | Haku | Surtr
    Trilless | Maladroit | Argonaut | Eowen | Gaia | Chocobo
    Penelo | Thor | Nereus
    Sylar | Mercutio

Thanks River, you RaWk with a passion...Word.

Banned

I'll use one of the newest members of my team this time. Finwé, my Shiny Girafarig!

Alright Finwé, let's show them that Psychic rules best!

Start off with Substitute, make a cute life-size plushie of yourself. Then, rise it into the air with Psychic, and proceed to rip it to shreds! When the flurry of whatever is inside the plush falls down, burst from it in an Astonishing display!

Substitute (Life-size) ~ Psychic (Rise plush into air, rip it to shreds) ~ Astonish (Burst through whatever falls from the broken and destroyed plushie.)

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

The time has come Lax, time to show how tough a Snorlax can be....

first use a belly drum then fissure followed by an earthquake

Belly drum ~ Fissure ~ Earthquake

~Charls Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Reserving a place! Because I'm posting from my mbl phone. I deserve to be the prettiest fucking princess!

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'll use my Zangoose, Slayer.

Let's show how cool you are. First, start with a Blizzard launched up. After that, use Water Pulse on the wind of ice to immediately freeze the water. Finally, wait for the right moment to cut the frozen water in half with an Iron Tail.

Blizzard~Water Pulse to Blizzard~Iron Tail

Please take it easy~

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Chirs 0.2
    Weather moves will not work.
    Not nittpicking, just wanted to let you know, DT.

Last one in! I'm using my super-cool and smart golduck, Valhalla (female).

Alright, Val, let's show them how strong your mental prowess is. First off, engulf yourself in an icy prison by shooting an 1] Ice Beam all around yourself! Then, keep your cool by using 2] Calm Mind. Finally, since your mental prowess after which should be so strong, use your 3] Psychic powers to break the ice open and free yourself!

[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype]-Grey
    -Grey

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Oops! I didn't know about that! Thanks for telling me that, MLG!

*Edit previous post*
    Please take it easy~

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Thanks guys - one more entrant needed

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Wahahahahaha! We need to keep up my contest steam, so I'll use Meliadoul the female Grovyle!

Meliadoul: Grovyle! ^-^

All right! Let's show off your coolness! Use a Swords Dance to show off your awesome strength, then flip into the air with an Aerial Ace! Slam back down to the ground with a Leaf Blade!

Swords Dance ~ Aerial Ace ~ Leaf Blade

Meliadoul: Grovyle! ^-^
    AYE ESS BEE

Shamshir/Wario/Joann/Mr. Larpus/Giant Enemy Crab (Xanthius)
    Meliadoul/Shizuka/Roy/Pit/Taina
    Celice/Anita/Asmodeus/Ferdinand
    Elekid

Work It Harder Make It Better
    Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger
    More Than Ever Hour After
    Our Work Is Never Over

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Thanks Chris. Once Andrew has his appeal up we can judge the first stage.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

I'm going to the net cafe after work today. Sorry to hold you up, but i need to see a pokedex

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Don't worry - March hasn't even begun yet

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

I'm going with my OzWhore! Jynx! Since this seems to be a psychic spectacular and all!

Jynx, we're going with your beauty, so let's start with a Wish so that later you'll be all glittery and whorish!
    Then, begin a power snow you you're surrounded with snowflakes, and finish by using Psychic to levitate yourself so you'll be all glittery and snowy to finish off with.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[center]The March Pokemon Contest
    Hosted by Chris 2.0
    Appeal Stage: 1

It is March, and as the biting winds sweep away for another year, spring begins arriving in the form of warmer weather and flourishing flowers. In the contest hall of ASB, an excited crowd awaits the next contest, having witnessed the fantastic February fray which consisted of a frantic match between The Blue Avenger and Weasel Overlord.

The first contestant emerged. It was The Blue Avenger, who received a hearty cheer from the crowd – TBA had participated in many contests and was known for not only winning the February Contest, but coming in the final three for the January one.

Releasing Mr Mime, TBA was surprised when a chanting crowd, on the front row, began singing an all-too familiar tune:
    Person Man, Person Man,
    Hit on the head with a frying pan;
    Lives his life in a garbage can,
    Person Man, is he depressed or is he a mess?
    Does he feel totally worthless?
    Who came up with Person Man?
    Degraded man, Person Man!
    |”
    Smirking, TBA commanded his appeal. Clicking his thin-fingered hands, Person Man caused a huge burst of leaves to pop into the air. Each individually began charging through a series of colours – a beautiful appled red, a golden yellow, a mesmerizing blue…each leaf flashed like this as Person Man used his psychic powers to grip them and levitate them above him. When the multicoloured leaves, sparkling in the light were hovering at a suitable angle, Person Man, using his spare hand (for only one was keeping the leaves in place) fired off a thin beam of rainbow energy, piercing through the leaves with beauty. The shreds of leaves began falling gently to the ground, a sparkling array of colours in the area.

TBA’s score: 9.1
    Judge’s Comments: The Appeal was executed very nicely; not too much went on at any one time. The use of magical leaf and psybeam created a nice colour contrast which was even more beautiful when the leaves were shredded. Very good.

Next up was Vermillion. Vermillion was also very familiar with contests, having done exceptionally well in the December Finals with Grumpig and Psyduck. Releasing the ugly, troll-like Nuzleaf (by the name of Tokijen). Straight away the Nuzleaf blasted a white-hot beam of powerful energy, which went up at an angle. As it began to fall, it curved down like a rollercoaster, heading towards the very front of the stage (for Nuzleaf was near the back). Wasting no time, Nuzleaf darted across the stage, white steam blazing behind him. Leaping up and twisting around (his back to the audience), Nuzleaf unleashed a slicing wind to collide with the beam and spray its solar energy all around the arena in a widespread pattern.

Vermillion’s Score: 7.5
    Judge’s Comments: Also a nice appeal. It was rather complex, but there was a certain thrill factor with it, as the attack was aimed at the audience. Nuzleaf leaping up and separating the attack was very nice, almost ‘protecting’ the audience. However there was a high margin of error involved, and Solarbeam was not fully charged. Altogether a nice appeal

After Vermillion’s appeal, Darth Skrusti stepped up. The crowd had seen of Darth before, but he had not the reputation of his predecessors. Releasing his Pokemon, the crowd opinion of Darth grew in regard as they saw a beaituful, rare shiny Girafarig. The Pokemon gave a soft ‘neigh’ and began the appeal. Concentrating hard, Finwé created a soft, plush doll of himself. The plush was then levitated high into the air, glowing with an ethereal light. Many of the audience were intrigued, as substitute was rarely used in contests. Soon, the psychic energy began tearing at the plush, ripping the seams and causing it to shred. As the fluff and stuffing rained on Finwé, the giraffe leapt up and let out a cry, astonishing the crowd.

Darth Skrusti’s Score: 6.0
    Judge’s Comments: This appeal had potential, but creating a life-size plush drained Finwé severely. Furthermore, while levitating it was no problem, you asked for it to be levitated and torn with psychic. This should have taken two actions. Finally, astonish wasn’t good as Girafarig simply leapt into the falling fluff, emitting a noise. It was a bit messy but the overall idea was quite nice, and was given credit.

After Darth recalled Finwé and went off, Charles Legend walked onto the stage. Alf, the Janitor, cleared the mess from the plush doll, and Charles released Lax, his Snorlax. The big glutton began groaning its name and pounding its thick fat. A gentle drum beat was slowly reverberating around the room, intriguing many. The rhythm was disrupted when Lax slammed his feet into the ground, causing a huge tear to open up in the floor. A deep fissure ran through the ground, causing panic and confusion. Many left the hall screaming loudly. Charles looked undeterred as he asked Lax to cause a huge earthquake, further ripping up the arena.

Charles Legend’s Score: 3.4
    Judge’s Comments: The rhythm created by Belly Drum was very nice and set the appeal off nicely. However, the cataclysmic aspects of fissure and earthquake (being literal in their names) caused confusion and panic among people and destroyed the arena. Contests show off the artistic style of Pokemon and attacks. Maybe try using more visually-based attacks to get a better mark.

It took some time for the stage to be repaired. Luckily TBA and Person Man came back on stage, singing a collection of They Might Be Giants songs. While this went on, Andrew, a popular coordinator (who was in the finals of the August Contest) came onto the stage. TBA left, disheartened, while Andrew released his Jynx, OzWhore, to commence. Jynx placed her hands together, closing her heavy-lidded eyes and singing a slow, soothing chant. Sparkles of white dust swept around the stage as Jynx rallied herself on, already looking simply beautiful in the hall. After this, Jynx opened her eyes and summoned a sweeping collection of icy particles, hail and snow to flourish around her body. The snow sparkled, mixing with the wish sparks and looking stunning. To finish the appeal, Jynx began rising up through the spinning snow and the wish dust, looking peaceful yet omnipotent and ending a fantastic appeal.

Andrew’s Score: 7.9
    Judge’s Comments: The different colours in the powder snow and wish were nice. Psychic was used in a much different way than usual (on the user rather that on projectiles) so some credit was given there. Very nicely done.

Next was DarkTyranitar, who sent out a rather vicious-looking Zangoose. The varying array of Pokemon in the Contest so far was exciting the crowd, ranging from smart and cute Pokemon to tough and cool ones. Zangoose opened his mouth and fired a swirling mass of thick icy particles. As they raced upwards in a gust, the weasel fired off a blast of water, slicing through the wind and smashing much of the particles, sending a sparkling, crystalline dust shimmering down on the Pokemon. Among this, Slayer swung a shiny tail around and slammed into the ground, ending the appeal.

Darktyranitar’s Score: 6.2
    Judge’s Comments: Your appeal didn’t work as you’d asked. If you had used blizzard following a water pulse, the blizzard would breeze the attack, but it didn’t work the other way around. Instead, the water broke up the wind and broke some of the ice, which still made a nice appeal. Iron tail also was quite nice, too. You would have scored higher if this was your planned appeal. Nevertheless quite impressive.

After DarkTyranitar, The Arbiter emerged on stage with Valhalla the female Golduck. Golduck, in the center of the stage, charged a pearly-white beam of icy energy in her beak, before spinning on the spot and firing the beam, creating a crystalline structure of thick ice. Soon, Valhalla was trapped securely in a freezing tomb of perpetual ice. While everyone watched in awe, Valhalla was concentrating hard, emptying all negative thoughts. Not too long after, a pinkish glow engulfed the entire structure. Cracks slowly deepened into the ice and soon the whole thing was bursting. In a loud smash, psychic energy from the inside caused the tomb to simply smash open, sending shards of thick ice everywhere, Golduck masterfully standing in the middle.

The Arbiter’s Score: 7.6
    Judge’s Comment: The appeal was interesting, but the only problem was that we could see very little of Golduck. Since calm mind (and some of Psychic) was within the tomb, the audience only really sat there staring at an icy enclosure. However shattering the tomb was effective and very good visually.[/i]

Our final contestant for the appeal stage was Chris Watarimono. Chris has been absent of late, but the frantic music-lover sent out Meliadoul the Grovyle alongside him for the appeal. Straight away, Meliadoul summoned a collection of ghostly swords to surround herself, transparent and spooky looking. They began spinning around Grovyle, causing a smooth, full movement. The crowd was impressed by the attack. As the swords slowed down and died away, Meliadoul leapt up high and dealt a powerful uppercut above her, before green energy accumulated around her wrists. Blades of energy formed from her wrists, and as Meliadoul swept down, a double whammy of leaf blades flew forward and smashed into the ground.

Chris Watarimono’s Score: 8.5
    Judge’s Comments: A very nice appeal with very little wrong. It was executed in a nice fashion. More of the same please!

The crowd all applauded and the Judge announced who would be proceeding to the next round.

The Blue Avenger and Mr Mime

Chris Watarimono and Grovyle

Andrew and Jynx

The Arbiter and Golduck

Well done everyone! Commiserations to those who did not get through! Now, you four (mentioned above) PM me your next appeals (remember you are using the same Pokemon) and I will post them up when I have all four.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Default Re: The March Pokemon Contest: Appeal Stage #1 up

My PM's been sent... all I can do now is wait and see how this all pans out.

-Grey

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The March Pokemon Contest: Appeal Stage #1 up

Hosted by Chris 2.0
    Appeal Stage: 2

After the intense first round, four coordinators were sent home while the dream lived on for four other hopeful participants.

Andrew walked on first, with OzWhore the Jynx. He stood there proudly, and in seconds Jynx held her hands high above her head, blasting a spiraling chill of perpetual crystals. The chunky crystals were swept upwards. Straight after this, OzWhore blasted a psychic beam from her eyes, which hit the various crystals and was refracted among each other, sending a rainbow light all around the arena at various angles. The crowd was gasping in pleasure as the appeal looked simply stunning. Then, as the shimmering crystals lost their momentum they fell, only to shatter around the semicircular dome OzWhore created. As the appeal ended, Jynx brought down the shield, surrounded by a fine, powdery ice.

Andrew’s Score: 8.7
    Judge’s Comments: Wonderful. The only problem was that blizzard succumbed to gravity, so protect had to be used in the last action. Reworking the general appeal with different attacks might allow for the third slot to be used more effectively. However it was a very good appeal.

Next was Chris Watarimono. Meliadoul the Grovyle by his side, Chris pointed to the center of the stage, and Grovyle leapt in for action. Straining hard, Grovyle created a slightly smaller plush doll of herself. The audience had seen a substitute before…but would this differ from Darth Skrusti’s appeal? In a flash, Grovyle’s leaf blades glowed white and she raced towards the crowd, fury etched into her face…the crowd gasped as Meliadoul stopped right before the front row, smirking. As the audience waited with baited breath, Meliadoul, having scared the audience and caused a stir, leapt backwards, landing behind the plush and swiping her blades across to slash the toy in two. The audience watched, awe-struck at the agility of Grovyle.

Chris Watarimono’s Score: 7.9
    Judge’s Comments: Appeals of this nature are rare these days and it was a very refreshing chance to focus on a characteristic of a Pokemon rather than its type. The ninja element was a good theme, but the substitute broke away from it slightly, and didn’t ‘match-up’ to the general feel of the appeal. However, the false swipe and the cut combo worked well, with a lot of tension in the appeal. Well done.

Next was The Blue Avenger and Person Man, the Mr Mime. Unfortunately, TBA’s small crowd of chanting fans had been ejected from the hall for disrupting the contest. With an eerie pulsation occurring across his body, Mr Mime fired an eerie shadow ball up into the air. It rose gently, swirling with an odd assortment of blues, purples and blacks. Mr Mime clicked his knobbly fingers and in a flash, teleported above the attack. As the Shadow Ball flew up towards him, Mr Mime swung his fist down at the attack, sending a crackling electricity through his fist, slamming it into the shadow ball and forcing himself down to the ground, the shadow ball cloaking the sparks for an eerie effect. Landing was difficult, but manageable – Mr Mime finished off the appeal rather clumsily despite having practiced this before.

The Blue Avengers Score: 7.4
    Judge’s Comments: The appeal was quite difficult to perform. A lot has to be taken into consideration: the timing of the shadow ball (relating to how fast it travels compared to Mr Mime teleporting, and to what distance, etc) and although it was executed well, it still seemed complex. The thunderpunch merging with shadow ball looked excellent, but landing was difficult due to the general position of Mr Mime.

The final contestant was The Arbiter, with Valhalla the female Golduck. With a loud quack, Valhalla sent a swirling icy mist to creep around her, fused with tiny ice particles. Valhalla then looked down, opening her beak and blasting a torrent of cold water at the ground. As the Golduck was propelled up into the air, the ice froze the hydro pump, resulting in a column of frozen water. However due to the nature of icy wind, the column was not altogether very frozen. Standing on top of the column, Valhalla leapt up, crossing her arms and driving herself down through the column. This was easy as it was not very thick ice. Shards of ice flew everywhere as Valhalla drove down into the ground. Standing there, flexing her muscles, Valhalla received a hearty applause.

The Arbiter’s Score: 8.3
    Judge’s Comments: Laying down icy wind was a good technique to help freeze the hydro pump. The appeal was very well done, and it was quite easy to execute. Luckily the strength of icy wind meant that cross chop was quite easy to pull off.

Ok then! It’s finals time.

The Arbiter and Valhalla (Female Golduck) will be fighting Andrew and OzWhore (Female Jynx) in a 5-round match to claim ownership of the March Ribbon! The coin flip has decided that The Arbiter will post attacks first.

Ok! Go!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

Default Re: The March Pokemon Contest: Appeal Stage #2 up

Oh I have a chance to be the prettiest fucking princess! Finally! WElll last time WAS dragonite vs Hoppip (Overkill much!?)

Awesome, Val's been waitng for a rematch against that smoochum evolution anyway! Valhalla, immediately use 1] Taunt; then, as she comes angrily towards you, hit her with a 2] Toxic directly! Finish off with a 3] Fury Cutter!

-Grey

Super Moderator

Ooh yea! Ozwhore use calm mind to ignore taunt then safeguard and finish off by toxicing the duck in the eyes.

I'd like to point out that neither Smoochum nor Jynx learn Safeguard whatsoever, as pointed out by both Veekun and the green site.

-Grey

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hosted by Chris 2.0
    Battle Stage: Round 1

The finalists were ready! The timer began and in 5 rounds time, one coordinator would walk away the victor. Andrew released OzWhore and The Arbiter released Valhalla. The two prepared themselves...

...and the finals began!

Andrew: OzWhore ([F] Jynx): 100% | Ok!
    Calm Mind -- Safeguard -- Toxic (eyes)

VS

The Arbiter: Valhalla ([F] Golduck): 100% | Ok!
    Taunt -- Toxic -- Fury Cutter

Five Rounds Left

Valhalla began by trying to upset the foe mentally, snapping away with all sorts of enraging taunts. OzWhore was not subjecting herself to these awful taunts, however, trying instead to clear her mind of thought and calm down. This proved possible (after much concentration) as the taunts were battling with poor OzWhore's concentration. Valhalla gave a quack, irked his taunts didnt work. Feeling happy, Valhalla spat a globule of toxic goop from the back of her throat. It hit OzWhore and soaked into her skin. The Jynx had tried in vain to erect a safeguard shield, but it was not working.

Deciding to spit right back at the duck, OzWhore coughed up some toxic goop. It slammed right into Valhalla, not quite hitting the eyes but indeed slapping into her face. This pain was extreme to poor Val who, despite the pain, charged energy up in her claws to deliver a weak, but super effective slash to her foe.

Andrew: OzWhore ([F] Jynx): 94% | Ok!, quite calm
    Poisoned - 4% next round
    Post attacks first

VS

The Arbiter: Valhalla ([F] Golduck): 98% | Ok!
    Poisoned - 4% next round
    Post attacks second

Four Rounds Left

Notes: Calm Mind worked to drown out the taunts because Jynx is a psychic type, and it was easier to do it.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

Well thats the last time i use my mbl to post attacks without checking a pokedex.

Super Moderator

Ok you cheap whore (Vicki Pollard anyone?) use counter on that duck if it tries to fury cutter you again.

Otherwise, let's Flash Golduck and then hit it with a Shadow Ball (To the face if possible) and finish off by using Psychic in Beam form.

Sorry, but my cousin's been in hospital very bad. See my Lj for details.

S'okay, Andrew. Please forgive any violent shakings of the fist that I may or may not've done in your direction.

Valhalla, close your eyes while simultaneously purging the toxins from your body with 1Refresh. Then, because Shadow Ball is a physical attack, 2Counter it. Finally, use 3Cross Chop!

-drew
    -Grey

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hosted by Chris 2.0
    Battle Stage: Round 2

Andrew: OzWhore ([F] Jynx): 94% | Ok!, quite calm
    Poisoned - 4% next round
    Flash -- Shadow Ball -- Psychic

VS

The Arbiter: Valhalla ([F] Golduck): 98% | Ok!
    Poisoned - 4% next round
    Refresh -- Counter -- Cross Chop

Four Rounds Left

After the first round, the battlers were keen to make advances on their positions in the contest. OzWhore clicked her fingers and released a blinding flash of light. It was, however, avoided by Val, who closed her eyes and clenched her fists, rejuvinating her body. A lot of energy was used to rid her body of the toxins, but Valhalla felt fresh, revitalised and prepared to continue the fray.

OzWhore was moulding an orb of eerie, perpetual ghost energy, before holding her arm back and throwing it forward. Valhalla stood there purposefully as the attack smashed into her face, leaving something of a mark where it left off. Valhalla, however, countered the attack with double the force OzWhore dealt. Ouch.

Focusing her energies, for her mind was still calm, OzWhore fired a beam of rainbow energy which slammed into Valhalla's torso. Taking the pain reasonably well, the large duck leapt up, crossing her arms and unleashing them in a ferocious double chop.

Andrew: OzWhore ([F] Jynx): 71% | Ok, quite calm
    Poisoned - 6% next round
    Posts attacks second

VS

The Arbiter: Valhalla ([F] Golduck): 85% | Tired after refresh
    Posts attacks first

Three Rounds Left

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Nice work, Valhalla. Now, 1Relax to regain your energy. Then, use a 2Calm Mind. Follow that up with a 3Water Pulse!

[b][font=Bookman Old Style]-drew
    -Grey

Super Moderator

OzWhore use a Lovely Kiss to subdue the duck and then let's take it all on! Use Facade to deal some damage and finish off by using a Psychic to slam it head first into the ground.

However, if it uses Water Pulse, use Blizzard to freeze it before it gets to you.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hosted by Chris 2.0
    Battle Stage: Round 3

Andrew: OzWhore ([F] Jynx): 71% | Ok, quite calm
    Poisoned - 6% next round
    Lovely Kiss -- Facade -- Psychic (slam action) [Water Pulse]

VS

The Arbiter: Valhalla ([F] Golduck): 85% | Tired after refresh
    Relax -- Calm Mind -- Water Pulse

Three Rounds Left

Valhalla began to relax, easing her muscles as Jynx began sending a flurry of sparkling pink kisses. They stuck to Val's slimy skin and sunk in, which began to lull the duck into sleep. Val's eyes were closing - being so relaxed didn't help. Before long, the duck was snoring loudly, lying on the floor. The audience laughed and drew looked very embarassed.

Face glowing with energy, OzWhore raced forward and dealt a heavy blow to the duck, knocking Valhalla across the stage. The duck was aroused from sleep, blearily opening her eyes. Knowing her orders, Val readied herself to make up for lost time - the round was fast ending.

Opening her beak, Val blasted a jet of energy through the air, with supersonic rings pulsating around. Jynx suddenly saw this, firing icy crystals through the air. The icy crystals began to freeze the water and soon the attack was being forced back. However, due to the boosted water power of Val's water pulse, and the boosted ice power of OzWhore's Blizzard, the icy formation dropped to the ground and shattered in the center of the arena.

Andrew: OzWhore ([F] Jynx): 65% | Feeling tired from the blizzard
    Poisoned - 8% next round
    Post attacks first

VS

The Arbiter: Valhalla ([F] Golduck): 77% | The sleep did her some good
    Post attacks second

Two Rounds Left

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

Did ducky get off a calm mind?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

No because she was asleep

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

I'm changing OzWhore's name to Vicki Pollard becuase she's a cheap piece of shit who's not going to accomplish anything. Even poisoned you only did 8 damage you shitty whore! BAD WHORE! BAD! If you were useful you'd actually did something good!

Yea but no but yea but OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE DOING THIS!

Vicki, be a dear, fire off a shadow ball. Then, let's use Psychic to slam the duck on his beak and finish off by using a nice Metronome.

Another thumb's up, I'd say, Valhalla. Now, 1Counter the Shadow Ball once more. Then, shatter her concentration with a penetrating 2Screech! Then finally, run up to her as she's twiddling her fingers and use 3Seismic Toss!

-Grey

Super Moderator

I blame society and the lack of success in instituitionalization in intergrating a lower-socio economic member of society such as Vicki as to why I'm losing.

Either way, I'm sure you'll nab a ribbon by the time Grand Festival arrives.

-Grey

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hosted by Chris 2.0
    Battle Stage: Round 4

Andrew: OzWhore ([F] Jynx): 65% | Feeling tired from the blizzard
    Poisoned - 8% next round
    Shadow Ball -- Psychic -- Metronome

VS

The Arbiter: Valhalla ([F] Golduck): 77% | The sleep did her some good
    Counter -- Screech -- Seismic Toss

Two Rounds Left

OzWhore, despite the verbal harassment from her trainer, began moulding together an orb of perpetual umbra. The huge lump was hurled full-pelt towards Val. It collided right into her face, causing immense displeasure for the aquatic kappa. Val responded by countering the attack rather succinctly, dealing a strong blow to the Jybx, who recieves further abuse from her trainer.

Using her psy powers, OzWhore concentrated on Val's being. Within seconds Valhalla was hoisted into the air, recieving cries of shock from the audience. Val opened her beak and emitted an ear-splitting screech, disrupting her foes concentration. Val fell to the ground, recieving minor damage.

OzWhore was not deterred, however, and began waggling her fingers and plucking a card from fate's deck. Valhalla ran towards her, arms stretched out and ready to grab the foe. But as Val made contact, OzWhore unleashed a small spark of electricity, zapping Val momentarily. Slightly shaken, Val grabbed the foe and delivered a somewhat weaker, pile-drive-style throw.

Andrew: OzWhore ([F] Jynx): 45% | Feeling tired
    Poisoned - 16% next round
    Post attacks second

VS

The Arbiter: Valhalla ([F] Golduck): 64% | Shaken up
    Post attacks first

One Round Left

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

You're in the clear now, Valhalla. I don't think she'll be able to cause 35% of damage to you with her variety of attacks. However, just to be safe, 1Charm her, so her Shadow Balls will deal less damage. Then, use 2Flash to blind her! Finally, for good measure, 3Confusion!

-Grey

Super Moderator

Vicki, you're a cheap whore, pull your (as the Black Eyed Peas would say) "Lovely Lady Lumps" out like a drunken Paris Hilton. You won't fall for any charm since you don't have class. Then, he wants a flash? Close your eyes, and pull up your dress, that should distract him and finish off by using Metronome. COME ON EXPLOSION!