Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The December Contest (Battle Round 5 UP!)

Default The December Contest (Battle Round 5 UP!)

All right, guys, I'm hosting the December Contest this year, so if you want to participate, sign up now. No reservations. There will be ten slots, so they'll go fast.

For this contest, we're using just an indoor stage, large enough for all your performance needs, and it's decorated for Christmas - as the holiday is fast approaching.

The appeals will go as follows:

First Round: Normal Appeal. We will lose four competitors.

Second round: A hyper appeal with a different Pokémon than before. We will again lose four competitors.

Third Round: Battle Round. You may use either of the two Pokémon that you used in this contest. You will PM your choices to me when the time comes. It'll be a standard, five round battle. Whoever's HP is highest will win the ribbon.

As usual, you will be competing for 6 points and a Ribbon - the sprite will be provided soon enough.

So, if you want in, post your Pokémon and appeals now. Again, no reservations will be taken.
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 5th February 2007 at 01:10 PM.

ASB Team

Want an ASB banner for your team? Want just a plain banner? Well the Saffire's Banner Shop has reopened! There are new ASB banner styles, so new and old requestees, check it out!

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis
    New Chapter up Nov. 22, 2006

Slugma Extraordinaire Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: The December Contest

All right, going for not-second-to-last this time!

And Datum must be tired of getting dragged out to do battle all the time, but he'll be my pick for this contest as well (genderless porygon).

Let's try something nice and wintery this time around, shall we, Datum? Begin by whipping up an upwards blizzard and guiding it into a ball with a psychic attack. Keep the psychic invisible if possible, so that it looks like the snow and ice is trapped in a snow globe hovering over your head; don't worry about making the blizzard too powerful--we want it to be impressive, but not too difficult to control; the snow and ice itself, more than the force of the attack, is what's important here. If you have a bit of concentration to spare, stir the blowing snow and ice around in the sphere of blizzard to further the effect of a shaken snow globe.

Finally, let go of the psychic and quickly lob a shadow ball up into the dying blizzard before it can dissipate completely, blowing apart the remains of the snow globe and showering the stage with a light flurry of snow and shreds of shadowy energy.

Blizzard + Psychic (snow globe) ~ Shadow Ball @ snow globe
    Avatar made by Jade Dragonair. Thanks very much, JD!

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I am applying! I DESERVE to win!

I want to use me delightful OzStar!

Starmie! Start off by using Psychic to lift yourself up with a glow, then, create a cone/(Christmas tree) of ice directly down. Land on the top of the tree with an illuminating flash!

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll be using my female Chimecho, the Ace of Spades.

Okay, Ace, start with an Icy Wind / Heal Bell combo - make an enduring Icy Wind and cloak yourself in it while the majestic tolling of the Heal Bell sounds. Finish by falling gently to the ground, eyes closed, using Psychic on yourself to make you glow blue.

Cloaked Death Knoll ~ Falling Psychic
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

@ Andrew: ...Damn, that's clever...

Now...

OK, I am applying, and so is my lovely Kirlia(F), Valentina.

OK, Val, start off with Icy Wind to coat the stage with a thin layer of ice - try to make it smooth. Then, hop on the ice and use Double Team; skate around and between each other in formation - use that natural grace and serenity to the best of your advantage! Then, for the finale, all three of you strike poses - splits would be nice - and launch a series of Will-O-Wisps into the air overhead. Don't try to burn the stage down! We're too poor to replace it - just end the show with some nice little pyrotechnics that'll reflect off the ice and light up the stage.

Move: Icy Wind (stage), Double Team (skate in formation), Will-O-Wisp (pose and fireworks)

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Quite shadow Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll be using my shiny male Growlithe named Silvermane.

Alright Silvermane, let's start off by using Charm to get everyone in the Christmas Spirit. Then from a Fire Spin into the shap of a cone before feeding Dragonbreath into it, so you've made a Christmas tree out of green flames.

~Charm~Fire Spin~Dragonbreath~

Student of Activity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll give this one a shot aswell. I'll send out Asuma, my male sneasel.

Alright Asuma, I want you to start with an ice beam to form a block of ice. Then use fury swipes to reduce it to small ice particles and run around fast with agility to try to whip them up like the flash.

So many things can go wrong here but I'm counting on you asuma

(It is allowed to have a pokémon in a battle and a contest right?)

How do you deal with unexpected pregnancies?

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

*zooms in* eep almost got here to late. Oo Er yes, I'll be using eh heh John Lafite my male Masquerain!

First my dear Lafite you shall fly up and use Mist. Then I would like you to use a combo of Blizzard and Silver Wind. The Blizzard will freeze the little water droplets of Mist and make little beads of ice along with its own shards. Silver Wind will pick all this up and make it spin in its whirlwind.

Mist/Blizzard and Silver Wind
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Woo! *runs in and snags a spot quickly* I'll be using my female Xatu, Dei'is!

Right Dei'is, let's start things off in the air, use a Drill Peck to propel yourself forwards while twisting around, disappear with a Faint Attack and then reappear in a flurry of feathers with a Featherdance!

~Drill Peck (in the air, propel forwards like a spiral) ~Faint Attack (disappear) ~Featherdance (reappear in a flurry of pretty feathers!)

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Contest, ho! I'll be starting with my female Bulbasaur, Lillie.

Ok Lillie, lets put on a good show, and make like the flowers of Fantasia. Start off by firing a barrage of glowing Magical Leaves into the air. Then, use Vine Whip to grab onto the ceiling and lift yourself up into the center of the cluster of leaves. Finally, I want you to summon up more beautiful plants by using Petal Dance. Gradually lower yourself back down to the ground along with the petals and leaves.

Magical Leaf ~ Vine Whip ~ Petal Dance
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll enter with Hao, my [M] Charizard. Ok Hao, begin by using a dragon dance; perform the sacred ritual and follow up with a fire spin and surround yourself entirely (if this can be done as an end to the 'dance' that would be preffered). Next, amid the flames, fly up and slash the embers apart with a dragon claw.

Dragon Dance -- Fire Spin -- Dragon Claw

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Feelin' Like P. Diddy Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Holy crap, that was fast. *sobs*

I'm back.

Appeal Stage 1

The contest halls are adorned thickly with tinsel and all manner of Christmasy decorations. The Christmas tree set up by everyone's favorite janitor is a testament to the Christmas Spirit itself, cloaked in ornaments, shiny round balls of red, blue, and green, with a sparkling star on top to finish it. The audience is quickly crowding in to their sheets, exciting and speaking in loud voices as they wait for the competitors to make themselves known, having a few minutes to go over their current strategy -- or for some, last minute changes -- in attempts to earn themselves the coveted December Ribbon and six points. The crowd goes silent as the first trainer steps up to the stage, and the remaining talk drains away into barely audible whispers.

~Negrek and Datum~

The first competitor and her Pokémon draw a few odd gazes from the crowd. A Porygon hovers just above the ground, as its trainer gives the mechanical wonder its commands. Humming in affirmation, Datum flows over to the center of the stage, tilting his head upward before a barrage of icy wind and snow blast from his beak towards the lofty ceiling. Barely does the snow begin to fall downwards before it -oddly- starts to fall... up. The crowd gasps in wonderment as the snow slowly shapes itself by some unseen force into a perfectly round ball. Datum barely moves, shaking his head a bit while the glob upwards does something of the same, making it appear as though the snow's falling about the sphere of snow above. A few seconds pass and suddenly the ball begins to drop, losing its shape and form quickly. Datum fires a medium-sized orb of ghostly energy upwards, blowing apart the already scattering snow to the leaving some of its ghostly energy behind as the Shadow Ball hits the roof and breaks apart, showing the stage with streams of dark type energy along with the shining pieces of snow and ice.

~ Andrew and OzStar~

The next co-ordinator takes his place on the now snow-free stage a few minutes later, already well-known to the contest crowd. Andrew has chosen a Starmie for the first round of competition, and it hovers forward, lifting itself up with a very prominent Psychic aura. The crowd watches the dazzling star Pokémon with obvious curiosity. OzStar continues to hover... and the audience begins to wonder what's going on as OzStar stops, looking as far as it could a bit panicked. It takes a few seconds more for it to react, sending an Ice Beam shooting downwards, forming something of a cone shape. Obviously relieved, OzStar floats down to the cone of ice, resting on top of it, before glowing with a brilliant Flash to end the round. Everyone seems delighted, and cheers as the Starmie continues to flash atop the icy tree.

~TheBlueAvenger and the Ace of Spades ~

Next is another male trainer and his Chimecho. Ace takes the initiative, wrapping himself in a Icy Wind, not quite obscuring his form, but managing to surround himself in a sparkling sort of light from the bits of ice an snow in the wind. Grimacing a bit, Ace begins to sway, emitting a gentle, tolling sound reminiscent of a veil. Slowly, the Chimecho lowers himself to the ground eyes closed, whilst glowing blue from the Psychic power. The audience is rather perplexed, but applauds courteously as they exit.

~Blademaster and Valentina~

The next co-ordinator also seems to be well-known, judging from the cheers and catcalls coming from the crowd. The ever optimistic Blademaster motions his Kirlia forward, and she obliges with a graceful twirl, sending forth a chilling Icy Wind across the stage floor. Valentina frowns as the Icy Wind stops, noticing the lack of any ice of which to skate on, though the surface does seem a bit more sparkly with the bits of snow and ice that came from the blast of wind. Valentina pauses in her confusion for only a moment, leaping and twirling into action, "skating" across the ice-less stage to the best of her abilities. Soon, the Kirlia splits into three identical beings, one real, two illusions. The illusions skate around as if there were ice, while Valentina herself has to make due with a different sort of dance. The three Kirlia head toward each other after a bit of skating, throwing themselves into unique poses before sending dark purple Will-O-Wisps into the air to end their appeal.

~Dragonis and Silvermane~

Relatively new to the Contest Stage, Dragonis and his loyal Growlithe, Silvermane, eagerly bound onto the stage. With a bout of happy yips, the fire hound bounds onto the stage barking and jumping joyfully to Charm the crowd, and it seems to be working rather well, judging by the amused smiles and the giggles of watching chidlren. Losing little of his former charm and enthusiasm, Silvermane sends forth a thread of spiraling flames which curl into a cone-shaped Tornado. Not quite finished yet, the red-colored flames are soon joined by a sparkling green as a Dragon Breath slithers into the fiery, mostly cone-shaped whirlwind, making it a very fire-type semblance of a Christmas tree. The crowd, still rather charmed by the eager puppy, clap and whistle as he and Dragonis exit the stage.

~Silencer and Asuma ~

The next contestant seems to be yet another male trainer and a cocky looking Sneasel. The people in the ground watch as the Sneasel lithely makes his way onto the stage, breathing in deeply, before sending a tendril of Ice energy onto the floor, forming a small block of ice after a small time. Barely giving himself time to regain his breath, Asuma dashes forward, claws gleaming as he slashes rapidly at the ice, removing it in as small chunks as he can make it, but even his claws can't make mince-meat out of it, and Asuma quickly loses ground as more sparkling bits of ice are sent flying until the cube is decimated. Asuma, panting, then runs around, trying to launch the ice into the air with his speed alone, but to no effect, and the audience is left wondering why the Sneasel was running about in the first place.

~Asayake and John Lafite~

To try and replace the disappointment from the last appeal, a long contest-favorite, Asayake and John Lafite (now evolved) finally find their way onto the winter stage. The Masquerin flaps his way forward on his new found wings, before surrounding the immediate arena in a thick mist. Though the audience can't see much of anything thanks to the Mist, but they do notice sparkling bits of snow and ice blowing through the mist, tearing its shroud somewhat. Bits of the mist - unknown mostly to the audiance - do seem to freeze, though obviously not to the large amount of the Masquerin had intended. John, still somewhat hidden by the mist, flaps his wings hurriedly as he summons up a silver wind to gather the bits of ice, snow, and mist into as close of a whirlwind shape as he can get, making the silvery gust aswirl with as much of the Mist and Blizzard as the bug can garner.

~Weasel Overlord and Dei'ls~

Mist now faded away, WO and her Xatu soon appear in the spotlight. The female Xatu darts off on her stiff, mosaic wings, diving down in a corkscrew maneuver with Drill Peck, before disappearing in a flash of black smoke, before appearing in a blast of green/white feathers and black smoke seconds later, to everyone's surprise and astonishment.

~Elec Man EXE and Lillie~

Having competed in many contests before, Elec Man and his Bulbasaur approach the stage with an obvious air of confidence. Lillie starts off with firing a barrage of rainbow-colored leaves up into the air above her, before a snap of thick green vines launch upward, and grasp hold of one of the beams holding the roof up. Lillie slowly lifts herself upwards through the multitude of falling leaves, firing off petals of pastel pink as she reaches the top. The pretty flower petals linger among the rainbow and Lillie slowly lowers herself down to the ground, covered in both petal and leaf. Quite a pretty sight indeed.

~Chris 2.0 and Hao~

Chris enters the hall with the most intimidating competitor we have seen today: a burly Charizard of dragon origin. The lumbering beast roars and spins around in an ancient Dragons Dance, surrounding himself in a pale green nimbus as he thrashes and roars with the spirit of his ancestors. Fire begins to form at his gaping maw, and Hao aims his Fire Spin at the ground, curling it around himself until he's surrounded by the fiery tornado, though feeling no fear of it as his dance ends. Though the audience can't see what's going on inside of the fiery curtain, Hao allows his two claws to crackle with green Dragon-fire, and launches himself upwards with a flap of his wings, bursting out of the top of the Fire Spin, before slashing the Tornado with his claws as he flies downward, shredding much of the Fire Spin into tiny embers of flame until the tornado dies out.

Scores:

Negrek and Datum: 8.4

The Snow Glob part of the appeal was a nice touch and I liked the image it leant me - a giant snow globe hovering in the middle of the air. The Shadowball part was pretty good too, as it added a bit of color into the falling snow and ice, making for a rather pretty scene indeed.

Andrew and OzStar: 8.5

You got some points docked off for OzStar's hesitation and confusion, due to the fact you never stated what move it should use to make that cone of ice. It could've gone a lot worse, but luckily for you, it turned out well; it was also a very clever appeal, and I really liked the idea of it. If it weren't for the hesitation, you probably would've a slightly higher score.

TheBlueAvenger and Ace : 6.0

Truthfully, I don't see the Icy Wind as very thick, just a bit of cold wind, which is barely visible due to the amount of ice and snow in it, and its naturally bluish tinge. The bell-ringing was a nice sound, though watching a Chimecho make a bell sound as it lowers itself to the ground didn't strike me as that impressive.

Blademaster and Valentina: 7.4

I really don't think an Icy Wind could make even a thin coating of ice unless there was water to freeze - like someone had spilled water on the stage. However, while Valentina couldn't skate, her clones could, and Kirlia seem like naturally gifted dancers in any case, and Valentina made the best of it. The ending Will-O-Wisp was also a nice touch. We also have seen Icy Wind used just an appeal before.

Dragonis and Silvermane: 7.8

I actually thought this appeal was rather cute. And though Charm doesn't work as easily on a crowd, I see naturally cute animals like puppies something that can bring that Charm to work a little bit better. The Fire Spin wasn't quite a cone, but it got the point across, and the Dragonbreath threaded into it made it a fun thing to imagine.

Silencer and Asuma: 4.0

I'm sorry, but the appeal did not go well at all. The block of ice being torn apart was all right, but he didn't manage to make small particles out of it, nor would running around fast pick up much of anything. Nice try though.

Asayake and John 7.0

It was a good appeal, though I doubt Blizzard could really freeze much of the water particles in Mist entirely, and people could barely see the Blizzard. The Silver Wind helped bring things back to order, though it could not fully contain the Mist, but did blow it away somewhat and make that tornado.

Weasel Overlord and Dei'ls: 7.5

Normally, Faint Attacking moves down go quite as well as some, but this was one of the few I felt truly worked well. It was a nice disappear/reappear act. Nice job.

Elec Man EXE and Lillie: 7.7

It was a nice move, and the rainbow colored leaves and petals were a fun touch. A bit standard, though nice and effective nonetheless.

Chris 2.0 and Hao : 8.0

Not incredibly special, but it was a cool appeal, and Charizard has always been a rather impressive Pokémon to see, and the Dragon Dance/Fire Spin combination I felt was the coolest part of the whole thing, while the shredding of the Fire Spin was a pretty good add on.

Totals:

Andrew and OzStar: 8.5
    Negrek and Datum: 8.4
    Chris 2.0 and Hao: 8.0
    Dragonis and SIlvermane: 7.8
    Elec Man EXE and Lillie: 7.7
    Weasel Overlord and Dei'ls: 7.5

----

Blademaster and Valentina: 7.4
    Asayake and John: 7.0
    TheBlueAvenger and Ace: 6.0
    Silencer and Asuma: 4.0

The dividing line represents the six competitors who go on to round two, and the last four were the ones eliminated. Those who go forward, please chose a different Pokémon than the one used in Round 1 to do your Hyper Appeal. PM your appeal to me.

A reminder: a Hyper Appeal is an appeal consisting of 5 attacks. Good luck!
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 10th December 2006 at 05:44 AM.

ASB Team

Want an ASB banner for your team? Want just a plain banner? Well the Saffire's Banner Shop has reopened! There are new ASB banner styles, so new and old requestees, check it out!

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis

Veteran Trainer

Default Re: The December Contest (Round 1 UP!)

EDIT: Never mind... Sorry, I'm just in a bad mood. Congrats to everyone moving on to the next round.
    Last edited by Blademaster; 9th December 2006 at 07:49 PM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Super Moderator

Um... a Hyper Appeal is 5 Attacks, right?

Yes, a Hyper Appeal is five attacks.

And I'm sorry, Blade. This round was really hard to judge since there were so many good ones. Better luck next time though. Didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything. ^^''

ASB Team

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis

Veteran Trainer

Don't be, Saff... I was upset and overreacted; for that I apologize. Good luck to all the second round contestants...

Actually, on second thought, good luck to Andrew - his appeal was teh c00lness.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer

Hmm... well that was a bit closer than I'd have liked. Better think up something killer creative for round 2
    Master of Electricity

I guess I get to have the appeals PMed to me. That wasn't planned before, but apparently, now it is, for some odd reason *looks at Chris*.

Anyways, I still need appeals from Andrew, Negrek, and Elec Man .

ASB Team

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis

Advanced Trainer

Working on it

One question for you, Ms. Judge. Would you allow Rock Tomb to function, since it comes out of the ground (rocks may be below the stage, or maybe even part of the concrete foundation), or would it be ineffective?
    Master of Electricity

Eh.. technically, Rock Tombing wouldn't be possible. XD I suppose you could pull up concrete foundation to use it for your appeal. XDXD...

ASB Team

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis

Super Moderator

give me a couple of days pls, in the middle of moving!

Super Moderator

Oh yeah, I like totally PMed my appeal weeks ago ^^;; just thought I'd let you know.

Default Re: The December Contest (Round 2 UP!)

You all made grading this hard. ><

ROUND 2

~ Andrew and Venusaur ~

Vine Whip ~ Frenzy Plant ~ Petal Dance/Razor Leaf - Solarbeam

With Round 1 having come to a close, and a host of coordinators eliminated, round two finally whirs into motion. Andrew is the first to take up the plate, holding aloft his red and white Pokéball in his hands, before launching it up into the air. The Pokéball bursts open, and a giant Venusaur emerges from the light into the air. The gargantuan beast roars, rather startled at his current mid-air position, but nevertheless determined to carry out his trainer's plan. From his body, a plethora of thick, leafy vines shoot out from his body towards the ground, trying to steady himself as he positions himself in the air. However, try as he might, the vines can't hold his massive weight.

Trying to think quickly, the Venusaur tries to concentrate and call upon the Frenzy Plant as he drops as his vines give way to his weight. He falls too fast for the Frenzy Plant to fully react in time, landing with an earth-shattering thud on the arena floor, cracking it significantly, while making the Venusaur reel about for a few seconds and compose himself. Now standing in the middle of a large indent on the stage, a tremendous amount of leafy vines suddenly roar to the surface of the stage, swirling about in a wild, manic frenzy and startling the audience while the Venusaur fires a mix of sharp-edged leaves and petals in a wide funnel above him. The petals dance and twirl about the arena as the leaves fall, and Venusaur tries to summon up his final attack. The center of his leaf glows as he tries to suck up sunlight into his flower spread across his back. But with the battle indoors, and only fake light to aid him the going is a bit slower, and most petals and leaves soon disperse and litter the contest floor as he finally gathers up all the needed enery. Eventually, Venusaur gathers up enough energy to send up a brilliant Solar Beam at the ceiling, nearly frying the rafters in the process.

~ Elec Man and Zeriff ~

Sludge Bomb - Ice Beam - Vice Grip - Strength - Flamethrower

With a rather rattled up stage in the wake of the first entrant, Elec Man takes the stage, with a male Mawile by the name of Zeriff in tow. Grinning as cutely as possible, the Mawile coughs up a thick ball of sludge and spits it as high as he can into the air. The audience's grumbles of disgust are soon silenced as a pale blue Ice Beam slices through the air, and freezes the small sphere of sludge into a shiny white ball. Small as it is, it manages to catch the light a bit as it falls, and Zeriff hurries to catch the falling piece of frozen goo. Opening his faux jaws wide, he catches the ball carefully in them, being cautious so as not to crack it. Zeriff tries to put on a exuberant, cute aura as he toys with the icy sphere as he would his prey, before giving a roundabout toss of his head, and hurling the frozen object into the air -- much higher than before. As it descends, Zeriff inhales and sends a thick plume of flames upwards until it reaches the falling Sludge Bomb. It melts throw the ice like a knife through butter, and soon ignites the sludge, causing it to quickly combust into a tiny explosion of flame.

~ Negrek and Heliotrope ~

Ice Beam - Rollout - Aurora Beam - Ice Ball - Charm

Following Elec Man's fiery (and icy) display, Negrek once more takes the stage. This time, she's accompanied by a rather round creature -- a shiny Spheal. Heliotrope, nearly bursting with energy, gladly takes the stage with an excited chortle. Grinning, Heliotrope sends a thick beam of blueish white across the stage, forming a small, but sufficient, ramp of pure ice. Bouncing up and down at his success, the Spheal curls into a more suitable, sphere-like shape - using a bit of momentum to get him started in his Rollout maneuver. The Rollout sends him hurtling up the ramp at ever increasing speed, until he finally flies off the ramp and into the air, his body tumbling towards the floor and the spectators.

Uncurling from his Rollout Attack, spinning as he begins to fall, Heliotrope sends out a rainbow beam of light from his muzzle. The air shimmers as the beam passes through in a flash of rainbow light, reminiscent of the Aurora Borealis; but Heliotrope isn't even close to finished, and even as he tumbles towards the broken floor, he spits out a medium-sized ball of pure ice into the air, reflecting the colors of the Aurora Beam nicely. It begins to fall as Heliotrope skids across the floor. The Spheal quickly regains his composure, hopping/lunging forward to get into place to catch the falling Ice Ball. With bit of luck and precision, the Ice Ball lands perfectly at the tip of Heliotrope's nose, a bit wobbly, but still perfectly balanced. His appeal almost finished, Heliotrope smiles widely, and begins to bounce about the stage, keeping the ball safely on the tip of his nose as he attempts to Charm the audience with his cute antics -- and from the crowd's laughter and applause, it seems the Charming maneuver is having a great effect.

~ Weasel Overlord and Renard Bleu ~
    Charge - Howl + Rain Dance - Flash - Thunderbolt

With Heliotrope bouncing giddily off the stage (his Trainer close behind his rotund form) another coordinator soon steps into the spotlight. It takes only a few seconds for her choice of Pokémon to become apparent, as a male Manecetric steps into the light and gazes impassively at the crowd.

At his trainer's bidding, he bounds to the center of the stage, his body bursting with dancing electricity across his blue and yellow coat, as his body charges and stores electric energy for his coming attack. Not quite ready to release the pent-up energy, the canine moves on to his next stage of appeal bounds smoothly forward with a howl that sends a shudder through the audience's spines. Immediately, rain begins to fall at Renard's command, the liquid droplets clattering against the building's roof.

Grimacing at the lack of rain, the canine nevertheless allows his body to glow white, following the Rain Dance with a flickering Flash, before sending a bolt of electricity slamming into the floor with a loud, thundering crack, powered by the, giving many of the audience a bit of a scare before they erupt into applause of delight as he exits offstage with a victorious bark.

~ Chris 2.0 and Tonpei ~

Sludge Bomb - Bullet Seed - Ice Beam -- Swallow - Smog

With the audience still recovering from a bit of a scare they received from the previous contestant, they all observe the stage as Chris 2.0 takes over from Weasel Overlord. His voice is a strange one -- an ugly, purple Swalot, body covered in sludge that makes many of the female gender cringe or wrinkle their noses at the dubious slight.

Heaving his slime body into the spotlight, Tonpei's mouth opens wide (which is an amazement indeed) and firing a barrage of sludgy bombs into the air. But no sooner to the reach their peak height, a sudden array of golden seeds spurt from Tonpei's mouth at a rapid pace, splattering the arena with sludge as the bombs break apart in a very messy fashion.

His mouth not quite done in the long run, it's an Ice Beam that finally makes its way out of the Swalot's gaping maw. Sending it at a wide ark, it hits most of the sludge bombs, and freezes them solid -- not unlike a previous appeal that somewhat dulls the experience. Totally oblivious to this, however, Tonpei -- lacking the ability to move much of his body quickly in any direction, merely keeps his mouth open, and catches whatever pieces of falling ice-sludge he can, Swallowing them in loud, disruptive gulps. Sighing in pleasure, a cloud of sickly purple gas emanates from the creature, and the audience can only stare in bewilderment and in some cases, disgust... granted, some of the children seem to find the act quite funny.

~ Dragonis and Natasha the Naughty Nurse ~

Blizzard - Double Team - Sing - Heal Bell - Present

Trailing behind Chris 2.0 (and trying to ignore the Smoggy smell) is the young, and growing member of ASB named Dragonis. His choice for the second round is a rotund, pink Chansey, whose name leaves many to wonder her true nature. However, Natasha seems to intend to bring nothing but a bit of lighthearted Christmas Cheer to the appeal, firing a large, wide-spread blizzard into the rafters, and allowing the snow (and minimal amounts of ice) to drift slowly to the ground as if it were snowing. Natasha easily ignores the falling snow, splitting off into three indentical clones (and a fourth, with some obvious effort) clones. They line gather into two lines, and Natasha and her fellow doubles begin to sing a gentle, familiar Christmas tune (Silver Bells) accompanied by the steady ringing of the mystical Heal Bells. With the end of the appeal approaching, Natasha's then puts into motion her final act of good will. She and her clones gather a bundle of presents in their arms, and throw them out into the delighted crowd -- and much to Natasha's relief, none of the gifts explode.

Scores

Andrew: 8.1

The idea was fantastic. But Venusaur is massive . Incredibly so. Even with the strength of Venusar's many vines, I couldn't possibly see the move holding the beast up, and made more of a wreck than an impression. With the contest being indoors, the Solar Beam also took a bit of time to gather, and lost the wanted effect of sending the Solarbeam through the falling petals and leaves. I feel this appeal would have had much more effect in an outdoor arena. Nevertheless, great job.

Elec Man: 7.7

Great, standard appeal. It didn't seem incredibly special, but it wasn't bad at all. It was a bit of a pity that the Sludge Bomb was mall, but made a nice, firework-like explosion anyway. Plus, Mawile are awesome things. ^^ I love them to death.

Negrek: 8.0

The appeal was cute, and was executed well, and managed to highlight a lot of Spheal's abilities and nature.

Weasel Overlord: 8.2

A pity this wasn't outdoors, or it probably would've gotten a higher rating. But the idea was fantastic, and out of all the appeals, I found this one was my personal favorite. But with the indoor arena, the rain couldn't reach inside, though it still gave off the needed atmosphere. The Flash also seemed more contained rather than part of the lightning outside as it was indoors. It would've definitely gotten a much, much higher rating had the stage been outdoors. Good job with the creative appeal, though. I loved it.

Chris 2.0 7.5

Again, a good standard appeal. And while it did show off Swalot's ability's and traits, I don't think many people thought the flatulence idea very cool or amusing.

Dragonis: 8.5

Very cute, and it meshed very well together. As this was during Christmas time -- and in all technicality, still is a wintertime event -- the way the appeal was geared towards it was a nice touch. Each contest move seemed to build and meld with one another nicely. Such as the caroling to "Silver Bells" and the ringing of the heal bell. Fantastic job.

Dragonis 8.5
    Weasel Overlord 8.2
    =================

Andrew: 8.1
    Negrek: 8.0
    Elec Man EXE: 7.7
    Chris 2.0: 7.5

So, in conclusion, Dragonis and Weasel Overlord move into the final round. This is the battling round, and it will last exactly 5 rounds, and the Pokémon with the highest HP/EP wins the ribbon and the points.

So, for the battle, you may chose either of the two Pokémon used for the contest for the battle round. Please PM me your choices, and I'll decide who attacks first and such when I get the chosen Pokémon. Good luck.

ASB Team

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis

Elite Trainer

Awesomeness!! *happy face* The final roundy! ^_____^ Haven't been in a final final round in aaages! Congrats Dragonis! Consolences to everyone else ;_;

This is gonna be fun! ...Even if I only have a choice of one Pokemon now, since I gave old Dei'is away on the Crimbo tree >_<

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Advanced Trainer

Alright! This is the first I've made it to the final round! Congrats to you aswell WO. To every one else, best of luck in the future.

LOL. WO, I have that exact icon. :p <3 Shigure.

==========

Anyways,

Dragonis has chosen his female Chansey, Natasha, to battle. While Weasel OVerlord has automatically chosen her male Manecetric, Renard, to battle.

By random coin flip, WO posts attacks first, Dragonis follows.

ASB Team

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis

Super Moderator

Oh Goddammit! I feel like the Toot of ASB, I just never can win one of these, even though they're my fav part of ASB...

Congrats and stuff to... yeah...

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well done guys! Good luck

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Elite Trainer

Alright! Gotta show some love for Shii-san! ^_____^

Renard my love, let's start things off with a lovely Attract! Hopefully we'll get there before Chansey does ^_^ Once she's well and truly infatuated with you, use a Thunderbolt to set her teeth on edge! Finally, use a Toxic for some nice, gradual damage.

~Attract ~Thunderbolt ~Toxic

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Advanced Trainer

Alright Natasha, start off by setting up a Safeguard before Returning Renard's affection. Then we'll make the Earth move for youre new love with Earthquake.

~Safeguard~Return~Earthquake~

Advanced Trainer

Another "standard" appeal? Bah, what does a guy have to do around here to be thrown a creative bone :p. I thought making your own prop was rather clever.

Ah well... thanks for running the contest Saffire, and good luck to the two of you creative people
    Last edited by Elec Man EXE; 8th January 2007 at 11:47 AM.
    Master of Electricity

ROUND ONE
    Weasel Overlord vs. Dragonis

O|O

Banned Moves: None.

Arena: Indoor Contest Hall -- Normal

Stats

Renard [M] - Weasel Overlord
    HP: 100%
    EP: 100%
    Attract | Thunderbolt | Toxic

Natasha the Naughty Nurse [F] - Dragonis
    HP: 100%
    EP: 100%
    Safeguard | Return | Earthquake

Arena Status: Normal

~Round 1 Begin!~

With the second round of the contest now over, and the last remaining contestants save two eliminated, the spectators are left with two upstanding trainers who proved their creativity in the round before hand. Each are allowed to chose one of their Pokémon. Weasel Overlord chooses a burly, experienced Mancetric, while the younger Dragonis sends forth his delightfully pink Chansey.

Seconds later after Trainers and Pokémon meet, the bell dings ominously in the air -- for there can be only one victor -- and both fairy and dog take flight.

Natasha closes her eyes in concentration, raising her arms up into the air as a brillant, holy light begins to encompass her entire body. The warmth is comforting and protective, and before another two seconds pass, Natasha finds herself surrounded by translucent, white shield reminiscent of a veil, radiating with a holy light. Renard, blinking at the sudden whiteness of his foe, clears his throat to catch Natasha's attention, before smiling genially at her, winking like the sly dog he is as he barks aloud his appreciation for Natasha's absolutely dashing looks, and how she is possibly the most perfect, beautiful thing he has ever seen. Natasha blushes, obviously flattered, but the shimmering Safeguard protects her by being wooed into a false sense of security.

With the attract having failed, Renard drops the cutsy act, a frown replacing his wide smile. Electricity begins to dance across the entirety of his blue and yellow body, hissing as it jumps from hair to hair, eager to be released as the electric energy continues to build up into a substantial charge of energy, and Natasha happens to be headed right for it.

Though no one can really notice the other white light that was joining her Safeguard, Natasha nevertheless smiles and thinks happy thoughts centering around the kindness of her trainer, focusing them and channeling them through her body, converting 'happy thoughts' into pure, raw power. She grins blissfully at the wondrous thoughts, and takes a few seconds to register the unearthly, deep howl resonating through the air. Startled, Natasha brings herself a little further out of her Return-induced daydream just in time to see Renard release a giant bolt of golden thunder. Running head on and she is, she can't move or dodge, and she's hit with the attack right into the middle of the chest, sending unpleasant shocks and tremors throughout her body, though the Safeguard prevents any ill affects.

As paralysis is not currently a problem, Natasha shows no signs of stopping her charge, running into the now discharged Mancetric, ramming him with a body radiating a aura of happiness and light.

THe blow proves to be at least somewhat powerful -- enough to knock Renard over, much to his chagrin, and making him look something like a fool as well. Growling, his voice turns to a near gurgle as deadly, acidic poison works its way up his throat and into his mouth, and with a vindictive toss of his head, Renard lets the Toxic fly...

But the Chansey does not cringe in pain, blinking as the acid slides off her body harmlessly. She then grins an evil smile, crying aloud her species name, before jumping up high, and slamming into the ground, making the contest hall erupt in harsh tremors, injuring not only Renard, but the Contest Hall as well.

Post-Round

HP: 80%
    EP: 86%

HP: 91%
    EP: 84%
    Safeguard for 2 more rounds

Notes:

~Dragonis attacks first.
    Last edited by Saffire Persian; 18th January 2007 at 12:57 AM.

ASB Team

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The December Contest (Battle Round 1 UP!)

Is Natasha's Safeguard still in effect?

Alright Natasha, let's start this round off by setting up a Substitute. Then while your protected by your Sub launch a Focus Punch at Renard. Finish things up with another Earthquake.

~Substitute~Focus Punch~Earthquake~

Elite Trainer

Default Re: The December Contest (Battle Round 1 UP!)

GAH! fricken substitute *stamps on* I hate Substitute... anyway.

Renard, begin with a Mimic, set up your own delightful Sub. Then I want you to prepare a lovely series of clones, Double Team! Finish up with a Protect to help lessen the damage of the Earthquake.

~Mimic ~Double Team ~Protect

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

ROUND ONE

O|O

Stats

HP: 80%
    EP: 86%
    Mimic | Double Team | Protect

HP: 91%
    EP: 84%
    Safeguard for 2 more rounds
    Substitute | Focus Punch | Earthquake

~Round 2 Begin!~

Using the special energy reserves within her body, Natasha quickly makes a small substitute of herself-- small because her trainer failed to specify how big he wanted it. The fake pink mass is soon joined by another, but this one in the shape of a perfectly formed Mancetric. Neither Pokémon can see one another, and remain fairly oblivious to the substitutes that each of them put up.

Leading into the second action, Renard splits himself into three clones with exactly identical features, joining the substitute as they whirr into existence. Natasha's pace slows at the arrival of the illusion-reinforcements, grimacing as she's suddenly faced with not one, but four Renard's.

However, she can't allow her concentration to waver, 'less the Focus Punch be broken. Not bothering to waste more on thinking, the Naughty Nurse plunges her energy-covered fist into one of the Renard's, passing through the body and slamming hard into the contest flooring, a gaping, black hole left in its wake -- along with a rather sore hand on Natasha's part.

Wincing, Natasha pulls her throbbing hand to her side, before jumping up into the air, slamming back down, followed suite by rumbling tectonic vibrations. All the clones vanish; however, both the true Renard and his sub remain completely unharmed by the Earth-type attack, though Natasha remains very unaware of this fine detail, grinning madly at her apparent success.

Ignorance is bliss, after all.

Post-Round

HP: 70%
    EP: 66%
    Sub: 10%
    Knows Mimic

HP: 81%
    EP: 55%
    Safeguard for 1 more rounds

Notes:

~WO attacks first.
    ~The protect would.. protect the Sub and Renard only, I think. NOt the clones, as they'd just mimic the protect shield.
    [/QUOTE]

ASB Team

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis

Elite Trainer

Default Re: The December Contest (Battle Round 2 UP!)

Right Renard, begin with a Double Team! Then use Uproar and finally, use a Thunder to get rid of the damned bloody Sub.

However. If at any time Chansey uses Earthquake again, I want you to jump up in the air, and use Mimic. Give it a taste of its own medicine!

~Double Team ~Uproar ~Thunder
    Subs: If Chansey uses Earthquake; ~Jump in the air and use Mimic.

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The December Contest (Battle Round 2 UP!)

Alright Natasha, start off by Singing. Since youre not physically hitting Renard the Song should get past both his Sub and Double Team. Then use a Mega Punch to get rid of his Sub. After that shake things up some more with Eathquake.

~Sing~Mega Punch~Earthquake~

ROUND THREE

O|O

Stats

EP: 66%
    Knows Mimic

Double Team | Uproar | Thunder
    Sub: Mimic

EP: 55%
    Safeguard for 1 more rounds
    Sing | Mega Punch | Earthquake

~Round 3 Begin!~

The five round limit drawing uncomfortably near, both opponents realize that something will have to be done to take the lead and keep it. With an almost galvanized fervor, Renard starts to run about once more, the sub mimicking his moments. Renard's form just starts to waver as it prepares to split off into illusionary copies, when the canine's sharp ears pick up a strangely gentle sound. A lullaby. Even as Renard's form sections off into two copies, he can feel his eyes become leaden, and his mind become blurred and drowsy. Soon, he collapses onto the floor, sleeping like a baby.

Natasha giggles, through not pleased that the Mancetric managed to form another couple of clones. Nevertheless, she takes a running start, hoping to destroy the substitute that's supposedly there once and for all, slamming her fist into yet another Renard. But this one wavers and vanishes at the impact, making Natasha's fist slam into the floor again -- though with less power.

The Chansey growls as her eyebrows twitch in displeasure. Luckily for her, Renard still remains blissfully asleep as she jumps into the air, gathering momentum as she crashes into the floor. The contest hall shakes and rattles, and the entirety of the audience is forced to cower a bit until the shaking stops. The seismic shaking depletes all of the Manecetric's clones, while wiping out Renard's sub at the same time; however, Renard is totally and completely unharmed. Not to mention he is now very, very wide awake.

Post-Round

EP: 62%
    Knows Mimic

EP: 36%

Notes:

~Dragonis attacks first.
    Last edited by Saffire Persian; 23rd January 2007 at 05:41 PM.

ASB Team

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The December Contest (Battle Round 3 UP!)

Alright Natasha, let's keep it simple this round. Start off by renewing your Safeguard. Then use Softboiled to regain some HP. If you Substitute has been knocked out by this point set up another small one. If not then Relax a little bit.

~Safeguard~Softboiled~Substitute/Relax~