Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The January Contest! Final up!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default The January Contest! Final up!

I didn't get any requests to judge. We need february sorted though so drop me a PM. And you can apply to be a judge remember! So let me know.

Ok this is a pretty bog-standard Contest to kick start 2007. The reason being both November AND December were pretty crazy. So it's a normal appeal set up:

We begin with Eight Coordinators
    -Appeal Stage 1: Standard 3 attack appeal with a Pokemon of your choice
    Three are eliminated
    -Appeal Stage 2: Standard 3 attack appeal with any Pokemon of your choice. You don't have to use a new one - you can keep the first one out. It is your choice.
    Three more are eliminated and we are left with Two for the finals.
    The finals are a 5-round match which will determine the winner. The finalists select either of their appeal Pokemon (if they did indeed use two)

It is a standard contest hall. Polished wooden floors, and the audience on one side facing you. It is indoors.

The winner will recieve four points and the January 2007 Ribbon, pictured below:

Ok! 8 entrants please. You cannot reserve a place.
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 8th January 2007 at 02:33 PM.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: The January Contest!

Go Leeks male Farfetch'd

*stands in front of leeks*

Ok Leeks forword Slash with False Swipe, next hold your leek horizonily and Swords dance to spin around so it looks like you did a Spin attack on my leg, then jump on my on my head and use your leek to jab my skull Furry attck so it well look like Link's finle blow (the finshing move link uses to stab monsters in the skull with...)

False Swipe ~ Swords Dance ~ Furry Attack

btw K know for a fact that leeks are softer then bones are....

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Yes, I am green! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Well, I think its time to finally enter one of these, now that there are atually slots open.

I choose to use my specially colored Green Chinchou, Cliche!

*Tosses Pokeball* Go Cliche! Start things off with a mist to shroud yourself in cover and become unnoticable. Then send out a batch of Bubbles from the mist with bubble, create a nice sensation of a bubble bath, and end it off with a Hydro Pump into the air, a massive bubbling fountain!

Mist-Bubble-Hydro Pump

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

Quite shadow Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll sign up with Hailee, my female Sneasel.

Alright Hailee, start off by using Ice Beam to make a big block of ice infront of you. Then use Fury Swipes to carve the ice into the best looking dragon you can. Finish up by using Sunny Day to brighten the lights so your ice sculpture sparkles.

~Ice Beam~Fury Swipes~Sunny Day~

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Is the Contest held during the day or at night?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Student of Activity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'l send out Ino, my female bulbasaur.

Alright Ino, we'll be hatching you again today. Start off by using a poison powder around yourself, try to make it orb like. Then use flash so we can see your outlining in the cloud. Finally break through with a strong Razor Wind to send the powder flying everywhere. Just try not to hit judges with it, other contestants I'm ok with.

How do you deal with unexpected pregnancies?

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll use Ammit, my male Pineco.

Ok Ammit, first lay out a good layer of spikes on the floor. Then, I want you to use Rapid Spin and blow them away, while you fire the pins on your body with Pin Missile and shoot down the spikes.

Spikes ~ Rapid Spin + Pin Missile

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Blade: its inside so time of day is irrelevant. but to answer your question it is mid afternoon.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

I'll sign up. I choose Oak, my male Shiftry.

Oak, we'll use the classic Wicked Aura Trick, since you're a Wicked Pokemon.

Use Sunny Day to create a spotlight on yourself.

Then use Extrasensory to create an aura of strange Psychic energy. Keep it up for a few seconds...

Then, when everyone is least expecting it, use Explosion!

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

I'd like to give this a shot, actually... and I'll do so with my new male Drowzee (thanks, Saffire!) Hypnotik!

All right, Hypnotik, here's what I want you to do. First, put up a big, sparkly Light Screen. Then, shatter the Light Screen with a Brick Break so that all of the little pieces fly into the air. Finish by using Psychic to shape the sparkling shards into a beautiful, midair mosaic of a Drowzee.

Light Screen ~ Brick Break ~ Psychic

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Go! My dear! *starts to play the scary musical from Fantasia*

Mephistopheles, the male Houndoom takes the stage! First off! Mephy, stand in the middle and point your face down and let out a fire spin on the floor, using the force to raise you up. As soon as you stop let out Smog down so it spins along with the fire (maybe it will explode!) and them aim staight up with a flamethrower!!
    Fire Spin~Smog~Flamethrower
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b]The January 2007 Contest

Appeal Stage 1

The contest hall down ASB was filling up as the first contest of 2007 was to take place! More of the lesser-known, coordinators-in-the-making were here today to show off what they could do. Ribbon holders, moderators and the homeless alike all sat in the contest hall keenly as the first coordinator stepped up.

Charles Legend
    Leeks – [M] Farfetch’d
    False Swipe ~ Swords Dance ~ Fury Attack

Charles took center stage. He released his Pokemon – a Farfetch’d that many knew as his nefarious sidekick in ASB. Leeks stood behind Charles, who was smiling at the ever-increasing crowd. Suddenly Leeks darted forward; a slash with his leek caused a blade of energy to hit Charles, who staggered forward despite knowing what was coming. Next Leeks span around wildly, ghostly swords engulfing both Charles and himself. One boy cried “Hark! It’s Link’s Spin Attack!” – people were more concerned with the assault that the small duck was executing on the willing trainer. To finish the appeal, Leeks leapt up to Charles and, leek held down, span down and slammed into the trainer. The leek, being a soft vegetable, was mashed into Charles’ hair and the duck landed awkwardly on the floor.

Score: 2.9
    Probably the strangest thing I have ever seen. Ever. And I’ve seen grown men play on roundabouts. Originality is great – it is – but when it borders on psychotic behavior you get the opposite effect. Attacking you is not a good idea. Leeks was obscured for much of the appeal too.

Green Lanturn
    Cliché – [?] Chinchou (shiny)
    Mist-Bubble-Hydro Pump

Having been absent for some time, Green Lanturn’s arrival onto the scene caused cheers from the crowd, who seemed to have missed the super-heroic battler. He unleashed a green-tinged Chinchou, who stood in the center of the stage, ready. Suddenly a thin mist began to curl around the glowing fish; it was a delicate, wispy mist that soon spread and grew around little Cliché, whose yellow bulbs were visible through the obscurity. Next, from the top of the misty amalgamation came a series of frothy bubbles, spilling over the top and cascading all around. As the audience marveled at the display, a jet of chilled water burst forth, dispersing the foam and bubbles slightly, before specks of rain fell upon the sight below.

Score: 8.6
    A great appeal. Obscuring moves like Mist, Haze and Smokescreen are often frowned upon by me because they just don’t achieve what they should. But you used mist in a creative and fluid way, and the appeal was something very unique and clever. Well done!

Dragonis
    Hailee – [F] Sneasel
    Ice Beam ~ Fury Swipes ~ Sunny Day

Not new at this, Dragonis was confident and sent out Hailee the Sneasel. She powered up a beam of ice in her hands and projected it at the ground, building it up and making a lump of ice. Had there been water and more moisture in the air, it may have been easier to do, and easier to create a defined shape. Nevertheless the lumpy block of ice was there. Many watched with drained anticipation – this appeal was commonplace. As Hailee swiped left and right, darting around and carving what she could from the ice. Having such long, thick claws was a help. Soon, an ornate dragon was seen sculpted from the ice. It was impressive, but it took some time to achieve and many people were recalling fond memories of the previous appeal. Finally, Hailee tried mustering up some inner power to bring about the sun. Being indoors, her efforts achieved nothing.

Score: 4.9
    I know what you wanted to achieve but carving out of ice has been done before, quite a lot, and by the first action people knew what was coming. I did give you the benefit of the doubt and the dragon was carved, but it was quite boring to watch. The sunny day did nothing – we’re indoors. But overall a nice idea, just maybe focus on straying away from the ice block idea. Thanks!

Silencer
    Ino – [F] Bulbasaur
    Poison Powder – Flash – Razor Wind

The cute Bulbasaur emerged from the Pokeball before Silencer. A soft hiss was heard from the little bulb, and a fine, sticky purple powder spiraled up, before laying gently around Ino. Unfortunately it was not contained in an orb-like shape, but nevertheless Ino was sufficiently shrouded. Suddenly Ino began to glow, her outline a bright white like light shining through a crack in a door. Finally, numerous sweeping sheets of energy burst from the Pokemon, catching the purple powder and sending it all sweeping to the rafters in a multitude of energy.

Score: 6.9
    It was a cool appeal and pretty original. The orb concept would have worked with a psychic attack, so maybe consider re-applying the idea for a different Pokemon’s appeal? Razor Wind was good – I like that attack and it helped take the poison away from shielding Ino. Well done.

MeLoveGhosts
    Ammit – [M] Pineco
    Spikes ~ Rapid Spin + Pin Missile

The multi-layered Pineco brought fond memories back for our judge today, recalling his very own when he began ASB. That same Pineco managed to help destroy Razor Leaf’s Zubat, although the judge reminded himself Pineco was getting admirably slaughtered in battle before that.

Pineco leapt up and an array of tack-like spikes burst from the layers of bark that were his body. They spread quite far around him in a messy circle. He then rotated, slowly at first, before spinning wildly like a possessed top. The spikes were caught, curling and flying around everywhere. As he span, Ammit fired off long, thin pins that flew through the air and struck the spikes. Some struck the tacks, others clashing against the tacks in a bright flash and chink noise similar to two coins striking each other. The pins and tacks clattered back to the ground at the end of a fantastic appeal.

Score: 7.7
    Great appeal, MLG! One thing I liked was you used pin missile and rapid spin. Your idea wasn’t for the spikes to be struck by the pins but moreso to throw everything together and it worked well. Very easy to visualize, quite cool seeing a Pineco too, and simple yet quite a lot of thought into it. Well done!

Dark Sage
    Oak – [M] Shiftry
    Sunny Day – Extrasensory – Explosion

Looking wooden, evil and large, Shiftry had an instant stage presence as he was released from the Pokeball. Dark Sage watched intently as he ordered the appeal. First and foremost, Oak concentrated hard but, like those before him, was unable to bring the sunlight into the atmosphere. Next an odd aura surrounded him; Oak was throbbing with a mysterious pink glow that warped and squiggled. This was kept up until Shiftry gave an odd grunt. There was a huge explosion, smoke curling up from the blast as one woman screamed in panic. As the smoke died down, Shiftry was nowhere to be seen…

Score: 6.5
    Cool idea – the explosion was a bit like when a magician disappears at the end of an act in a wisp of smoke. Unfortunately the sunny day didn’t work and that action could have perhaps been used on creating more atmosphere for the appeal and working with the other two attacks. Nevertheless a pretty cool appeal.

Phoenixsong
    Hypnotik – [M] Drowzee
    Light Screen ~ Brick Break ~ Psychic

Phoenixsong unleashed a Pokeball that exploded before the audience, revealing a Drowzee. The doughy-looking tapir stood there contently, before beginning the appeal. He acted with mime; as if wiping an invisible window with a rag, he managed to create a shimmering yellow screen that sparkled. As the audience watched, the Drowzee took a few steps back and leapt at it, shattering it with a well-aimed thwack. Shards flew in all directions as the yellow shield smashed. They sparkled and twinkled as a psychic force held them in place, levitating them in mid-air, before re-arranging them and putting them together to create a shape, the silhouette of a psychic Pokemon – Drowzee!

Score: 7.8
    I liked this appeal – the mosaic idea was cool. Not much to say really, but overall it was good, although it did feel a bit empty for some reason. Nevertheless it did display the qualities of a psychic Pokemon really well.

Houndoom Lover
    Mephistopheles, [M] Houndoom
    Fire Spin – Smog – Flamethrower

The last competitor for the January Contest, Houndoom Lover, took to the stage and sent out a rather demonic looking Houndoom, with an apt name (and one that’s difficult to pronounce, too.) The Houndoom took to the center of the stage, aimed down and blasted a swirling vortex of flame, propelling himself up and back slightly as the large mass of fire and embers swirled into life. He fired a smog attack next; the coil of smoke furled around the still-alive fire, causing a small bang; there was an explosion that sent smokened clouds billowing around; from the mass of thick smoke came a turret of flame, directly up.

Score: 6.7
    It was very hard to decipher and I had to end up researching ‘smog’ to find out if it has the toxins in it to cause an explosion. (Answer: it can – also worth noting is that smog is a portmanteau of ‘smoke’ and ‘fog’ – nice). Anyway your appeal was not well planned and was quite sketchy. Nevertheless it did yield some [dangerous] results and looked pretty cool so I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Through to Round 2
    Green Lanturn: 8.6
    Phoenixsong: 7.8
    MeLoveGhosts: 7.7
    Silencer: 6.9
    Houndoom Lover: 6.7

Eliminated
    Dark Sage: 6.5
    Dragonis: 4.9
    Charles Legend: 2.9

Well! thank you everyone for competing. Round 2 applicants post your next Pokemon and appeal in this thread in any order. Again after this we will lose 3 people so make sure it counts! As you saw the line of elimination was very fine so you need to get those points!

Thanks everyone.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The January Contest! 1st appeals up

Wow... second best, and I've never done this before. o.O Dang.

I have a question, though: I know the same Pokémon is allowed to be in more than one battle at a time... does that hold true for contests? Only I have other Pokémon I want to try using, but they're *sort of* in a battle. ("Sort of" meaning there's no ref yet, but meh...)

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Nope it does not apply.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Sorry, but, uh... that means that I CAN'T use a Pokémon that's battling, right? *is dense*

plusle f, burmy m

Advanced Trainer

Perhaps I should send out my haunter and kadabra and have them hypnotise the judge to make them believe they saw the best show ever... Meh, evil schemes like that never work so I'll use my male Medicham, Obito

Alright Obito, let's show our Chi-warrior power.

First I want you to clasp your hands together and use psychic to have a nice purple aura around yourself. Make it look like you are concentrating on gathering energy.

Then open your eyes dramaticly and make several kicks in the air with High Jump Kick. Not having to focus on an enemy should help you maintain your balance to land. This will be our martial arts part

Finally gather a shadow ball between your hands and shoot it out with a loud cry, at the sky if necesarry. And that will be our Chi part.

Remember, try to look like you are part of an asian film, loads of matric style in those kind of movies.

And Chris, much thankies for the fast reffings

Edit: I think you can use a pokémon that is fighting, else I couldn't use either pokémon I did use :s
    *starts worrying now*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Pheonix: You CAN use a Pokemon in a contest and battles. Sorry for the confusion.

Silencer: Np

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

No problem, thanks for clarifying.

In that case, my partner for the second round will be my male Growlithe, Cujo.

We're going for intimidation tactics here, Cujo. After all, you are named after the most terrifying dog in fiction history; show the judges that you can live up to your name! Start by surrounding yourself with Fire Spin. Now, I know that it's not good to stay obscured where the judges can't see you, but not to worry; you won't be in there for long. Once the Fire Spin has set up, I want you to Howl as loudly and chillingly as you can; once everyone is cowering in their seats, leap out of the flames with much scattering of embers and a fearsome, blood-curdling Roar!

Fire Spin ~ Howl ~ Roar

plusle f, burmy m

Advanced Trainer

Hmm, nicely done Cliche!

Now, for Round 2, lets go Jolie!

*releases a pokeball with a Nidoran F*

Ok Jolie, heres what i want you to do. First, lets start off with a Double team, make sure there at least 4 clones of yourself, so five nidorans I want the clones to spread out in a pentagram-like formations, and then each erect a reflective barrier with Reflect. Then I want each Nidoran to step to the side and fire an ice beam in turn at the opposite screen....hopefully the beams will reflect and we will have some nice giant blue stars with the reflected beams.

Double Team-Reflect-Ice Beam

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

Master Trainer

Great round two. Thanks for the quick reffing chris and pineco does infact rox0rz my box0rz.

Ok I use Hathor, my female Miltank!

Hathor, first use Zap Cannon and shoot of the electric orb above you! Then quickly use Icebeam and freeze it in mid air, and as it falls down (being frozen and such), jump up and smash into thousands of sparking parts with Dynamicpunch!

Zap Cannon - Icebeam - Dynamicpunch

Elite Trainer

Oh! Round two!

I'd like to that the Judge for his nice-ness at my inablity to write and think at the same time ^-^.

So, behold *pokeball toss here* Mephistopheles! Duke of evil! Show that growlith that you're the top dog here!

Start off with Faint attack to disapear and reapear above the center of the arena.

Show them your power with an Overheat in mid air! And as you land, all tired out to the ground, charm the crowd with Charm!

Faint Attack~Overheat~Charm

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

The January 2007 Contest

Appeal Stage 2

Silencer
    Obito – [M] Medicham
    Psychic – Hi Jump Kick – Shadow Ball

Obito the Medicham leapt from the Pokeball and took an odd stance. The malnourished monkey began to glow with an eerie power. The audience watched intently as, from the glowing, still position the Medicham did a leaping kick, landing and firing off chops as it swung its feet. As it landed (in the swan position, one may add) the Medicham cupped its hands together, aimed its hands up and fired off a crackling shadow ball.

Score: 8.0
    A good example of an appeal I’ve wanted to see since we begun doing these. You showed off Medicham’s fighting and psychic traits admirably here and you kept things very straightforward. The attacks all demonstrated the Pokemon’s strength and it was great. It couldn’t score too high since there wasn’t the level of cleverness that a connected appeal had. Still very good, and if you keep up this simplicity you can create some great appeals.

Phoenixsong
    Cujo – [M] Growlithe
    Fire Spin – Howl – Roar

The Growlithe had a cuteness about it but it also looked quite cross. It spewed a trail of flame from its mouth, leading the flame around it as the fire soon whipped up into a spinning vortex of burning flame. From within, there was a deep, rumbling howl; the audience then watched, engrossed, as the creature burst through the embers with a similar, gruff bark, embers running along his coat.

Score: 7.8
    A good appeal, but leaping through the fire may have caused some harm even for a fire Pokemon. Perhaps an attack could have been used to break through the flames instead. Overall it was good but roar AND howl wasn’t too creative. Howl within fire spin, however, was pretty cool.

Green Lanturn
    Jolie – [F] Nidoran
    Double Team – Reflect – Ice Beam

Little Jolie emerged, looking cute in an aggressive sort of way. She flashed white and instantly four more little Nidoran scampered out from her body. They arranged themselves in a pentagon shape, looking like a mini cheering squad. Next they all stepped on their hind legs, using their paws to wipe the air and conjure up a glittering pink reflect shield. Next, each turned to the side and their mouths all brimmed with an icy glow. The beams were fired at the opposite shields; each beam was blasted at a different angle and the beams power was held within the reflect shield, the pink brimming with the blue ice. However while most the ice was stopped by the reflect, the light and essence of the attack kept on going; as the pink shields turned blue, lights of blue energy formed a star-shaped pattern and glittered fantastically.

Score: 8.7
    Very good work GL! Why haven’t you done these before? Still the appeal worked well (it took me a while, a pen and paper to figure out how the beams were fired, and when I got my head around it I was impressed). Not much to say really. Thanks!

MeLoveGhosts
    Hathor – [F] Miltank
    Zap Cannon – Ice beam - Dynamicpunch

Next was MLG. He sent out his Miltank, who gave a crooning moo and prepared for the appeal. Clapping her hooves together she charged up energy within; soon she pulled her hands away and created a flashing orb of sparks, making it larger, larfer, sending blue pulsations in amongst the yellow spasms of sparks. She held the orb high above her head and launched it up. It was like a plasma ball, rocketing up; as it did Hathor aimed her hooves up and blasted a beam of ice up; the frosty beam smashed into the sparks, freezing the orb from the outside; specks of frost curled around the oddly shaped sparks and volts; the fantastic, abstract shape fizzed from inside, where a yellow glow could still be seen. As it was heavier the orb fell down; Hathor was ready, leaping up and smashing a glowing fist into the frosted ball; in a shattering clash, shards of ice flew in all directions, as well as flashing rogue sparks that had still been contained inside. Miltank landed as shards fell around her; a truly spectacular appeal.

Score: 9.0
    Great work! Really nice appeal here. Great use of the elements here and it showed off Miltank’s versatility.

Houndoom_Lover
    Mephistopheles, [M] Houndoom
    Faint Attack ~ Overheat ~ Charm

Houndoom took to the stage again. In a dark glittering flash he was absorbed by the light, soon re-appearing in mid-air following a leap. A warm, searing beam of white-hot flame contained in energy was blasted forth to the ground, where it gave off masses of steam. Houndoom landed and gave a smirk, wandering around the stage like a proud dog. It…didn’t quite work.

Score: 5.9
    Charm is not the technique you want to try and show off a demonic hound. That backfired. Asking to appear mid-air during faint attack was also a bit difficult. Overheat was cool though, especially from slightly up-in-the-air.

Finalists:
    MeLoveGhosts: 9.0
    Green Lanturn: 8.7

Eliminated:
    Silencer: 8.0
    Phoenixsong: 7.8
    Houndoom_Lover: 5.9

That’s it! MeLoveGhosts and Green Lanturn are in the final! MLG you choose your Pokemon. Green Lanturn you choose yours and attack first. MLG you proceed to attack second.

This is a 5-round match for the January Ribbon!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The January Contest! 2nd appeals up

Yeah... that occurred to me after I'd already posted it... even though one would think that since Growlithe can have Flash Fire, they'd be able to handle their own flames, at least... but, that's wishful thinking. No abilities allowed... ah, well. It wasn't terrible for someone who has no idea what she's doing. Congrats and good luck, MLG and GL!

(I knew I should have gone with Fire Spin/Roar/Swagger...)

plusle f, burmy m

Master Trainer

Hey thanks guys, and chris especially, I've never gotten this far in a contest before.

I choose Hathor my female Miltank.

Advanced Trainer

So close Obito, but good effort. We'll get them next time.

Good luck to MLG and Green Lanturn (but more to MLG, my fellow belgian)

Advanced Trainer

Heh, yay, good job team! And to answer your question chris, I never did this before because I never got to the sign-up topic on time.

OK, Lets have fun MLG, and good luck!

I choose my male Ursaring, Otto!

Go Otto, let starts things off a little safe, double team. Then work that mystery, metronome, ending with a big thunderpunch. Should at any time you be put to sleep, use sleep talk.

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

Master Trainer

Alright Hathor Shock Wave and kill the clones. Then use Toxic, finish up with Brickbreak.

Elite Trainer

Good luck MLG and GL. This is my first time to have gotten so far, Oh well. *drinks out of a juice box* That was fun! I'll try in Feb. That's around me Birthday, it is

...while you sleep.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

GL you need to use one of the Pokemon you used in the contest.

Chinchou or Nidoran. You need to resend and repost attacks and MLG will need to repost retalliatory attacks.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

My apologies Chris, i missed that point.

Very well, I will choose Cliche, the male green Chinchou.

As for my attacks, Thunder Wave-Water Pulse-Ice Beam, sub Sleep Talk if put to sleep.

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

Master Trainer

Even I missed that in a rush. Heh.

Hathor, Double Team first turn, then Thunderbolt and reach him through the water, shock him. Finish up with Earthquake.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

The January Contest

Battle Round: 1/5

After a phenomenal set of appeals from our competitors we are left with two: MeLoveGhosts, who is using Hathor the Miltank, and Green Lanturn, who is using Cliché the green Chinchou. The two have their Pokemon out, and the match begins!

Hathor - ([F] Miltank)
    100% HP
    100% Energy
    Ok!
    Double Team – Thunderbolt – Earthquake
    VS

Cliché – ([M] Chinchou)
    100% HP
    100% Energy
    Ok!
    Thunder wave – Water Pulse – Ice Beam

BEGIN!

Quickly Hathor glowed white, and began to create multiple copies of herself. Cliché was surrounded by five Miltank, but only one of them was the real thing. Lantern-like orbs hanging above his head emitted a bright spark as they rubbed together and expelled a wide web of crackling sparks. Two clones were depleted in the outburst.

Pouting his mouth, Cliché blasted a jet of water through the air, pulsating rings surrounding it. The attack soared towards Hathor, but it passed through a clone. Hathor, with only one clone left, unleashed a thunderbolt from her hooves and shocked Cliché.

Cliché had seen the attack from the Hathor on the left and knew that one had attacked previously…but was still dazzled by the two Miltank. Opening his mouth he blasted an ice beam through the air; it struck the real thing, Hathor giving a low moo as her final clone faded away. She retaliated with a hefty stomping of her feet, sending a tremor through the arena to rattle Cliché.

END!

Hathor - ([F] Miltank)
    93% HP
    79% Energy
    Ok!
    Attack First Next Round
    VS

Cliché – ([M] Chinchou)
    85% HP
    83% Energy
    Ok!
    Attack Second Next Round

First ever reffing with sprites. Well what about that.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

Default Re: The January Contest! Battle Round 1 up!

And all that for me...lol.

Hathor, Toxic, Thunderbolt, Earthquake.

Advanced Trainer

Alright Cliche, lets get going. Start off with an Agility, hopefully get out of the way of that ooze. Then, hit him hard with a Toxic of your own, and end with a Hydro Pump.

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Arrow Re: The January Contest! Battle Round 2 up!

The January Contest

Battle Round: 2/5

Hathor - ([F] Miltank)
    93% HP
    79% Energy
    Ok!
    Toxic -- Thunderbolt -- Earthquake
    VS

Cliché – ([M] Chinchou)
    85% HP
    83% Energy
    Ok!
    Agility -- Toxic -- Hydro Pump

BEGIN!

Cliche looked slightly nervous. He attempted to dodge around the arena at speed, but he was not a fast creature. Hathor spat a glob of toxic, watching Chinchou wander along the arena. The water Pokemon was struck by sharp toxins that were sure to lower his health dramatically.

Not deterred, Cliche tried the same technique at Miltank; he spat a glob of toxic goo that struck the dairy cow and sank within her skin. She felt queasy but that did not stop Hathor; rubbing her hooves together she unleashed a bolt of electricity that smashed into Chinchou.

Stamping the ground furiously, Hathor unleashed a tremor that shook Chinchou to the core. Having taken heavy damage he dealt more back; a gushing jet of water smashed ferociously into Miltank and forced her back across the arena.

END!

Hathor - ([F] Miltank)
    80% HP
    61% Energy
    Poisoned: 4% next round
    Attack Second Next Round
    VS

Cliché – ([M] Chinchou)
    68% HP
    71% Energy
    Attack First Next Round
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 6th January 2007 at 04:01 AM.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

OK Cliche, spark-facade-thunder!, of course subbing sleep talk if put to sleep

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

Master Trainer

Giga Drain, Counter, Double Team

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

The January Contest

Battle Round: 3/5

Hathor - ([F] Miltank)
    80% HP
    61% Energy
    Giga Drain -- Counter -- Double Team

VS

Cliché – ([M] Chinchou)
    68% HP
    71% Energy
    Spark -- Facade -- Thunder

Begin!

Cliche charged the little lamp-like orbs and unleashed a thick, heavy spark that arched through the air. It collided into Miltank, causing much grief for the large cow as she staggered backward, holding an arm forward as she unleashed a leeching tendril. But it appeared she did not have the capability to use such an attack.

Cliche was on a roll, sweeping across the arena as fast he could to give a heavy, glowed tackle into Miltank, who despite being larger than Chinchou felt the damage from the brutal attack.

She wasn't too bothered; she countered with a similar tackle at the smaller foe, who gave a cry of surprise. The damage was much greater and the Chinchou felt the full force of the countered attack.

Hathor began glowing and soon more clones (four, to be precise) spread out and surrounded Cliche, who had just fired off a fantastic flashing cannon of thundering sparks. They passed through a clone and Hathor gave a wide smirk.

END!

Hathor - ([F] Miltank)
    63% HP
    49% Energy
    Poisoned: 6% next round
    Attack First Next Round

VS

Cliché – ([M] Chinchou)
    48% HP
    54% Energy
    Poisoned: 6% next round
    Attack Second Next Round

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

Default Re: The January Contest! Battle Round 3 up!

Veekun says that Miltank can use Giga Drain.Here.

Hathor, Heal Bell, Body Slam, Earthquake.

Banned

Default Re: The January Contest! Battle Round 3 up!

I just checked Serebii, which has the most complete move lists. I'm very sorry, MLG, but Giga Drain is nowhere on Miltank's list, not on the TM List, Move Tutor List, or Egg Moves List. Your source must be mistaken.

Don't hold this against me, please. I just tried to confirm the ref's decision as a spectator.