Thread: Elec Man EXE vs Phoenixsong (Ref: Mew Master)

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Elec Man EXE vs Phoenixsong (Ref: Mew Master)

Alright. I know I (literally) just ended my other battle, but I've really been itching for a good fight of late. So... yah. Challenge me. And if you're a ref, I offer you a bounty of pie for your reffings

Pokemon: 3 vs 3 (1 at a time)
    DQ: 7 days, 3 hours, 12 minutes, and 43 seconds
    Banned Moves: Toxic
    Other Restrictions: 1 sub (attack subs, not the move Substitute) per round

Arena: The beach with no name (because I can't think of one ) - Its a natural beach (not tidied up by people), so there are rocks and seaweed scattered about. Water pokemon can be sent out into the water if need be. The weather is calm, and the tides steady at high-tide.

I'll be sending out my pokemon first, which means you attack first. As far as my choice... I'll start with my male Kabutops. Lets do this Equinox!
    Last edited by Elec Man EXE; 25th January 2007 at 12:44 PM.
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Default Re: Need a good battle... Ref needed too, please!

May I? I believe I'm only in two battles as of now, so...

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Advanced Trainer

Sure, Phoenix. Sounds good to me.
    Master of Electricity

Advanced Trainer

Righto. Then I shall to lead off with mein female Bagon, Ryuhaeru.

Okies, Ryu, here's what we's a-gonna do. Start off with a good Dragon Dance, and then use Dragonbreath. End with Attract.

If Equinox tries to attack you with an Ice-type attack or Confuse Ray, sub that for Protect.

In summary:

Dragon Dance ~ Dragonbreath ~ Attract
    Sub: Protect to prevent an Ice-type attack or Confuse Ray

If by "one sub per round" you meant only one attack can be substituted for another, then use Protect for the first Ice/Confuse attempt only.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Advanced Trainer

Nah, the sub can be in effect all round, just as long as its only 1 attack specified. I just don't like going up against 6 different subs that cover every attack possible... kinda takes the point away from going second if you end up with a counter to everything anyway.

Alright Equinox, lets get going. Start off right away getting up close and personal, and give her a Slash with those claws of yours. Then, conjure up an Ancientpower to block some of the incoming dragon fire, and afterwards attack. And finally, close your eyes and Harden your shell.

Slash ~ Ancientpower ~ Harden (eyes closed)
    Master of Electricity

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Elec Man EXE vs Phoenixsong (Ref needed, please :)

Muwaha!

Um... I'll judge the match if neither of you mind too much..
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Elec Man EXE vs Phoenixsong (Ref needed, please :)

Its cool with me, ref away MM. I'll go ahead and edit the title for ya, too.

Oh, and... *hands Mew Master a Cherry Pie, an Apple Pie, and a Chicken Pot Pie*

I did promise a bounty of pie, so there ya go
    Master of Electricity

Master Trainer

Default Re: Elec Man EXE vs Phoenixsong (Ref: Mew Master)

Round 1! Pre-Round Stats
    Other Restrictions: 1 Subbed Move per Round
    Theme: Open Your Heart (Sonic Adventure, Main Theme)

Equinox (Kabutops, Male, Elec Man EXE)
    HP: 100
    MP: 100
    Slash~Ancientpower~Harden

Ryuhaeru (Bagon, Female, Phoenixsong)
    HP: 100
    MP: 100
    Dragon Dance~Dragonbreath~Attract

The Arena
    The beach with no name (because I can't think of one) - Its a natural beach (not tidied up by people), so there are rocks and seaweed scattered about. Water Pokémon can be sent out into the water if need be. The weather is calm, and the tides steady at high-tide.

Ready! FIGHT!
    The judge stands there, on a rocky outcrop, holding his bundle of pie, surprised and a little confused. “Um… Thanks?” When a large set of teeth attached to a Megalodon appear behind him and then chomp down, taking the Judge and half of the outcrop with him.

The water boils and churns before the Ref appears, holding one pie and soaking wet. “Damn, didn’t know Megalodons liked pie… I thought they were Extinct. Anyway… ON WITH THE BATTLE!” He then starts to munch on the pie like a squirrel with a nut.

Ryuhaeru (hereby known as Ryu), starts off the round by spinning around, her hind claws balancing on some of the un-even rocks and gravel. Waves crash behind her as she dances. Equinox, not about to let Ryu have her way, rushes the small Dragon, his scythe arm glinting in the sunlight. He slashes down as Ryu finishes her little dance. The Dragon side-steps the attack, but not without getting hit as a result, blood flowing from the fresh cut.

Equinox, pleased with his little attack, concentrates on the area around him. Chunks of rock start to gain an aura as they lift up out of the beach, particles of sand drop from the seaweed coated boulders. Glaring at Ryu, Equinox sends the boulders flying towards the readied Dragon. Dashing off, Ryu jumps up and off around the boulders, making her way towards the Rock/Water Pokémon. As she gets closer, she jumps up and bright red flames lick at the corners of her mouth. After rearing her head back, Ryu lets the Dragonbreath attack fly onwards, right at Equinox. The Kabutops, too concerned with chucking boulders at the small Dragon, doesn’t have time to avoid the attack, and is engulfed by the discolored flames.

The fire dispenses into the air and leaves Equinox, slightly scorched. However, something’s wrong with Equinox. His muscles seem to have locked up, keeping him frozen solid for the time being. He decides to use this to his advantage and closes his eyes, concentrating on increasing his defenses even though his body doesn’t seem to be listening.

Ryu, seeing this starts to coo and chirp at the “meditating” Rock/Water type. She tries to coy Equinox into looking at her, acting as cute and desirable as a thick-ridged-headed Dragon could. However, Equinox appears to be ignoring her as his scales gain a reflective surface.

Round 1! Post-Round Stats

HP: 96
    MP: 93
    Status: Paralyzed (50% chance of attacking), kinda thinks that Ryu sounds cute. Defense increased.

HP: 94
    MP: 90
    Status: Glad that the mean Kabutops won’t slash her again for a bit. Speed doubled.

Ref Notes:
    Rolled a d100 for percent chance of both Ancientpower’s stat raising ability and paralysis side-effect of Dragonbreath. Will roll d100, high number will mean that Equinox will attack despite paralysis.

Elec Man Attacks first.

Later!
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

Advanced Trainer

Paralyzed already? Gah, my luck sucks.

Alrighty Equinox, hopefully that attraction didn't take too much of a hold. She may be cute, but she did spray you with paralyzing flames, keep that in mind. Now, I want you to start off with an Icy Wind to chill her to the bones. She shouldn't be able to dodge a blast of wind so easily. Hopefully that slows her down at least a little, giving you a chance to hit her in the face with a Mud Shot. After that, try and catch the little dragon under a Body Slam.

Icy Wind ~ Mud Shot ~ Body Slam
    Master of Electricity

Advanced Trainer

Oh, pish-tush. A bit of chilly wind won't stop you, Ryu, but we'll play it safe. You should be faster than Equinox is now, so trap that rascally trilobite where he is with Rock Tomb; it won't hurt much, I know, but it'll immobilize him further, and see if you can get a nice, big rock in front of his face to deflect the Icy Wind. The next order of business would be to dash around behind him on your zippy little legs and nail him with another Dragonbreath, between/over any rocks that might be in your way. Finally, draw back and use Double Team (create three clones).

In summary:

Rock Tomb ~ run behind and Dragonbreath ~ Double Team

Oh, and, uh, Dragon Dance increases both Attack and Speed. You might want to edit that in there. Doesn't matter all too much right now, but still...

plusle f, burmy m

Master Trainer

Actually, I checked all the ASB Attack Lists before working too much on the reffing. The attack list states:

Dragon Dance (DR) - The user performs a Swords Dance-esque spin, which increases their speed significantly. All movement done after Dragon Dance, like Agility, will consume slightly more energy.
    It' says nothing about Attack being boosted as well. I know what it does in the Games, but I'm going from the Attack list for now.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Eh, that's fine, even though there's no reason that they should have omitted the attack boost. If anything, you'd think that would be more important than the Speed... anyway, that's all right.

plusle f, burmy m

Master Trainer

Sorry it's late, I've been easily distracted lately ^^U

Round 2! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 96
    MP: 93
    Status: Paralyzed (50% chance of attacking), kinda thinks that Ryu sounds cute. Defense increased.
    Attacks: Icy Wind~Mud Shot~Body Slam

HP: 94
    MP: 90
    Status: Glad that the mean Kabutops won’t slash her again for a bit. Speed doubled.
    Attacks: Rock Tomb~Dragonbreath~Double Team

The Arena
    The beach with no name (because I can't think of one) - Its a natural beach (not tidied up by people), so there are rocks and seaweed scattered about. Water Pokémon can be sent out into the water if need be. The weather is calm, and the tides steady at high-tide.

Ready! FIGHT!

Enraged, paralyzed, and not feeling too smug right now, Equinox glares at Ryu, and then shouts out a battlecry. With this shout comes a blast of freezing wind which hits the little Dragon just before she stomps her feet. Ryu struggles and stomps on the ground below her, calling upon rocks from below the sand to surround and encase the Kabutobs.

Ryu, not to be out done just yet, summons another blast of pink fire, the flames licking at her lips. Equinox, despite being incased in a tomb of one of his own elements lets his own attack fly from his mouth, a giant gob of mud heads straight for the readying Dragon, just as Ryu lets her attack go.

The two attacks hit in mid air, sending blasts of flame and mud pellets everywhere.

Equinox sees his chance, but as he tries to maneuver out of the pile of rocks, his muscles lock up as tings of needles seem to pierce every cell in his body. Ryu uses this to her advantage and creates a set of clones to further confuse Equinox.

And thus ends Round 2!

Round 2! Post-Round Stats

HP: 92
    MP: 83
    Status: Paralyzed (50% chance of attacking), kinda thinks that Ryu sounds cute. Defense increased. Not stuck by Rock Tomb

HP: 86
    MP: 79
    Status: Glad that the mean Kabutops won’t slash her again for a bit. Speed doubled. Three Images.

Ref Notes:
    Rolled Percentiles for Attack chance for Equinox. Rolled 70, 50, then 20.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

I can't be bothered to do anything fancy right now... preoccupied much, yes? Anyway.

Um... Focus Energy, Brick Break, relax. That'll do.

plusle f, burmy m

Advanced Trainer

Alrighty Equinox, nice job. Keep it up. First off, I want you to summon the tides and slam those 3 dragons with Surf. That ought to be a sufficient way to destroy them. Then, when she comes in for her physical assault, use Rapid Spin to repel the attack and send her flying back. Then nail her with a powerful Blizzard as she rests.

Surf ~ Rapid Spin ~ Blizzard
    Master of Electricity

Advanced Trainer

Mew Master? You still around?
    Master of Electricity

Master Trainer

I Greatly Apologize. I was sic for a few weeks and I know some of my matches have kinda gone by the way-side. Once again I apologize, Reffing up tonight if all goes according to plan.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Ah, I see. No problem then... thought you may have just up and disappeared. Hope you feel better.
    Master of Electricity

Master Trainer

Sorry! Firday didn't go as planned. Here is Round 3!

Round 3! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 92
    MP: 83
    Status: Paralyzed (50% chance of attacking), kinda thinks that Ryu sounds cute. Defense increased. Not stuck by Rock Tomb
    Surf~Rapid Spin~Blizzard

MP: 79
    Status: Glad that the mean Kabutops won’t slash her again for a bit. Speed doubled. Three Images.
    Focus Energy~Brick Break~Relax

The Arena

Ready! FIGHT!

Ryuhaeru, still stinging from Equinox’s last attack, closes her eyes and prepares herself. Entering into a battle-meditation, she focuses her own inner energy to protect her. Moving her arms in a tai-chi-esque fashion, calming her warrior’s soul.

Equinox, on the other hand dashes to the water’s edge, immersing himself in the salty water. While Ryu is concentrating on her battle meditation, the sea water suddenly starts to recede, revealing the sand, mud, dirt, and random sea creatures that weren’t drug out with the tide.

As she comes out of her trance, ready to go at it, Ryu realizes that she’s not by a beach anymore. In fact, most of the water has left the shore for some reason. As she tilts her head in confusion, she notices that a large wave is coming right at the beach, with Equinox riding it! Suddenly the realization hits her, just as she’s over-shadowed by the pending tsunami.

“Ba ba gon bagon…”

WHAM!

The wave crashes into the shoreline, whipping around rocks, dirt, and sea critters in the after-tow. Receding, the waters reveal a coughing Ryu, soaked to the bone. Pushing herself up, she glares at Equinox, quite content with his command over the sea, despite the occasional twitch of a random body part.

Smirking, a cocky grin, Equinox whips his body around, spinning on his toes like a top. Becoming a blur of brown scales and silver blades. Tilting, he starts to rush at Ryu, who takes her own action against him.

Unlike a usual Brick Break, the energy gathers around Ryu’s rather thick skull. As Equinox rushes at her, Ryu launches herself at the spinning Kabutops.

The two connect. Ryu’s head grinding against the spinning power of Equinox’s top-spin. Sparks fly from the connection as the two Pokémon attacks try to over-power the other. Equinox’s attack starts to slow down, causing both of them to launch themselves away from each other. Ryu flying behind Equinox as the Kabutops’ spin sends him in the direction he was going.

Ryu lands a little harder than she realized. Kneeling down she tries to regain what energy she has left. Equinox, has other plans.

As he tries to call upon the power of the wind to blow ice upon his enemy, he sees the little Dragon, panting and regaining her breath. And he is over-smitten with affection for her, and only succeeds on sending a cooling breeze over to help her cool off.

Round 3… OVER!

Round 3! Post-Round Stats

MP: 73
    Status: Paralyzed (50% chance of attacking), Thinks that Ryu is very cute.

HP: 78
    MP: 78
    Status: Glad that the mean Kabutops won’t slash her again for a bit. Speed doubled. No Images

Ref Notes:
    Rolled Percentiles for Attack chance for Equinox. Rolled 50, 70, then 50. Then decided that part of the Attract went through.
    Last edited by Mew Master; 14th March 2007 at 01:43 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Its cool MM, real life is a pain sometimes, eh?

Ok Equinox. Lets try and avoid too much movement with your paralysis, even though your strong point is physical combat. Start off with a Confuse Ray to scramble her thoughts a bit. Then unleash an Aurora Beam, and finish up the round with a Rock Tomb to see if you can't trap her like she tried to trap you. If she tries to summon up Double Team again, whipe the clones out with a widespread Icy Wind.

Confuse Ray ~ Aurora Beam ~ Rock Tomb
    Sub: Icy Wind
    Master of Electricity

Advanced Trainer

Well naw, lessee here...

Ryuhaeru, I'd very much appreciate it if ye'd Protect against that Confuse Ray. Next, see if ye can't counter that Aurora Beam with a Secret Power. End by distancing yerself from Equinox and whip up a little Twister to fling at him.

Protect ~ Secret Power ~ Twister

plusle f, burmy m

Master Trainer

I apologize greatly for the heavy delay in posting a Reffing. Reffing to be worked on and posted later today...

Please don't kill me!!! [/beg]
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer

*peeks in from behind a coner* Hello? Please don't kill me?

Yes I know, I'm late with the reffing... after Graduation I had to move so the last 4 weeks have been hectic between all that and working 40+ hours a week... so yeah... Now that summer's here I can do better... but nuff bout my troubles... on with the Reffing that I'm.... months overdue on *dies*

Round 4! Pre-Round Stats

MP: 73
    Confuse Ray~Aurora Beam~Rock Tomb

HP: 78
    MP: 78
    Protect~Secret Power~Twister

The Arena

Ready! FIGHT!

Equinox glares at the little Dragon Pokémon, his eyes glowing a bright white. Ryu takes her chance and sets up a barrier between her and the prehistoric trilobite. Equinox’s Confuse Ray blasts from his eyes and bounces off the barrier, scattering into slowly floating shards of light.

Using this nice little distraction, Ryu dashes sideways away from her barrier, a thin aura surrounding her. Stopping, she plants herself and releases a dark purple beam racing towards Equinox. The Kabutops charges his own beam made of the aurora itself. Shouting as the Aurora Beam begins to blast forward, he is hit by Ryu’s Secret Power just as his attack flies forward a little off target. Shards of ice stick to Ryu’s left leg causing that leg to go fully numb. Equinox chuckles, inhaling some of the mist left behind after Ryu’s Secret Power, and then sneezes.

Gritting her teeth Ryu spins around on her non-frozen foot, gathering up a whirlwind of pinkish-energy. Equinox, not about to let the little Dragon-type get off another attack plants a massive stomp on the ground, causing the rocks under the sand under the spinning Ryu to uplift, and surround her. Before she can become entombed she releases her Twister attack, sending it straight at Equinox. Staying connected with the earth Equinox takes the brunt of the sandy-energy cyclone. Leaving his scales red from sand/energy blasting.

Round 4! Post-Round Stats

HP: 79
    MP: 62
    Status: Paralyzed (50% chance of attacking), Thinks that Ryu is very cute. Poisoned.

HP: 69
    MP: 66
    Status: Glad that the mean Kabutops won’t slash her again for a bit. Slowed, left leg numb, movement impaired.

Ref Notes: Percentiles for Equinox Paralysis: 70, 50, 50. Phoenixsong attacks first.

Please don't kill me ^^UUUU
    Last edited by Mew Master; 9th June 2007 at 01:45 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

No, no, I'm behind, too. Graduation throws everything off, man.

plusle f, burmy m

Advanced Trainer

No killing nessicary. Though next time I might have to poke you with this... bwahaha!

*holds up a toothpick*
    Master of Electricity

Master Trainer

You call THAT a poking instriment?

*holds up random assortment of randomly pointy things and pulls out... a SPORK!*

THIS is a poking instriment.

Anyway... it's Phoenix's turn to list attacks first so that we can finish this ... Need I remind you that nothing is on the line... cept some points and my Reffing EXP.

Later!
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Here is me, thinks I.

Uh. Can't think right now. Um...

Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Brick Break. Protect against Ice attacks.

plusle f, burmy m

Advanced Trainer

Ok Equinox. Now then, I want you to start off with a Screech to disrupt her attempts to prepare herself, or at the very least make it an unpleasent experience. The, nail her with a Mud Shot to the face as she comes at you. Hopefully she'll be blinded and you can more easily dodge that rush. And lastly, give her a solid Stone Edge.

Screech ~ Mud Shot ~ Stone Edge
    Master of Electricity

Master Trainer

Round 5! Pre-Round Stats
    Banned Moves: Toxic, 1 Subbed Move per Round
    DQ: 1 Week
    Pokémon: OOO vs. OOO

Equinox (Kabutops, Male, Team Elec Man EXE)
    HP: 79
    MP: 62
    Status: Paralyzed (50% chance of attacking), Thinks that Ryu is very cute. Poisoned (-4 Health at end of Round).
    Screech~Mud Shot~Stone Edge

Ryuhaeru (Bagon, Female, Team Phoenixsong)
    HP: 69
    MP: 66
    Status: Glad that the mean Kabutops won’t slash her again for a bit. Slowed (SPD -), left leg numb, movement impaired.
    Dragon Dance~Dragon Rush~Brick Break (Sub: Protect vs Ice Attacks)

The Arena

Ready! FIGHT!

The two face off in the beginning of Round 5!

Ryu starts off by dancing in an intricate set of spins and twirls dedicated to the great Dragon ancestors who flew the sky (
    -6). While impressed by this, Equinox isn’t about to let Ryu get away with whatever she’s planning. Letting out a blood-chilling shriek, the Rock/Water Pokémon manages to force Ryu to hold her ears, stoping part of her dance halfway through (-4), however she still seems a bit faster than last time.

Slightly disoriented Ryu stumbles around from her ringing ears, proving a brilliant target as Equinox coughs up a massive loogie made of mud and muk (
    -4), spitting it forward and hitting her square in the torso(-7). Snapped out of her confusion, the Dragon Pokémon starts to glow with a brilliant aura before dashing, then jumping up(-8). The aura leaves a trail making her resemble a shooting star as she falls down, head first right into Equinox, causing sand to fly into the air in every direction (-9).

As Equinox steps back from the frontal assault, Ryu continues to press the attack, her head glowing slightly (
    -6), Equinox sees this and counters with his own attack, bringing his scythe-arm up, the edge sharp and meeting Ryu’s half-way (-8).

The two attacks collide, energy blasting sand and random sea-critters not tied down into the air and surrounding area (
    -7/-9). Knocked back the two Pokémon glare at each other, Equinox’s scythe-blade hurting, and Ryu has a slight headache.

End Round 5!

Round 5! Post-Round Stats

Equinox (Kabutops, Male, Team Elec Man EXE)
    HP: 59
    MP: 46
    Status: Paralyzed (50% chance of attacking), Thinks that Ryu is very cute. Poisoned (-4 Health at end of Round). Scythe feels like it tried to slice through adamantium.

Ryuhaeru (Bagon, Female, Team Phoenixsong)
    HP: 53
    MP: 46
    Status: Glad that the mean Kabutops won’t slash her again for a bit. Slowed (SPD -), Dragon Dance (SPD ++) = Speed Boost (SPD +), left leg numb, movement impaired. Head feels like she jumped off a cliff.

Ref Notes: Percentiles for Equinox Paralysis: 71, 54, 58.

Elec Man EXE Attacks First
    Last edited by Mew Master; 26th June 2007 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Round 5 not 4 ^^U
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Equinox, hit that thing with an Ancientpower to knock it about. Then use Rock Polish, and follow up with a swift X-Scissor using your boosted speed.

Ancientpower ~ Rock Polish ~ X-Scissor
    Master of Electricity

Advanced Trainer

I don't think Phoenixsong is around at the moment, but I'm going to go ahead and forfeit this battle. I'm going on vacation (per the Absence Tower) and I'll be gone for quite a while, and I really don't want to put the battle on hold that long. Unless Phoenixsong really wants to finish it.

I believe we'll at least get some points out of it, since Bagon is just below the 55% mark. So if the forfeit does go ahead, at least it won't be for naught.
    Master of Electricity

Master Trainer

Ummmm... let me check the Rules on Forfets...

Allright. If you wish to Forfeit:

The Winner is Pheonixsong by Technical Forfeit.

Awards:
    Pheonixsong: 2 Points
    Mew Master: 2 Points
    Elec Man EXE: 1 Point

Was interesting Reffing your match guys ^^
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Crap, didn't see this.

Sorry you didn't want to continue, Elec. It was fun, though. And thanks to you, too, MM. Really appreciate the reffings.

plusle f, burmy m