Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The February Contest! Finished by Chris 2.0

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Default The February Contest! Finished by Chris 2.0

Whoot! So I shall be your bouncirific host for the February Contest! All you would be Coordinators out there, come and see if ya got what it takes!

Da Appealing Rules

First this is to be a Double Appeal Contest, for BOTH Rounds. Yes that crazy jazz you seen in the Grand Festival, Round Two. You choose TWO Pokémon, three attacks each, and have them work together to make an appeal oh extraordinaire!

You can reserve a spot, as this will probably take some thought.

It is a normal Contest Hall, nothin special. Clay floor, indoors, audience on three sides. The arena quite big enough for those larger Pokémon out there, should you choose to use 'em.

Round One

Double Appeal: Choose two Poké’s, three attacks each, and appeal away. Three Coordinators shall be lost (to the abyss of Elimination).

Round Two

Double Appeal: Same as before but two DIFFERENT Pokémon must be used. Three Coordinators shall be lost once more (ai have mercy!).

Da Battle Round of DOOM!

Double Battle: You must choose one Pokémon from Round 1, and one Pokémon from Round 2 and have them battle together in a Tag Team Match. It shall be Five Rounds and the winner gets the February Ribbon.

Sooooooo there shall be Eight of you. All spots are taken!

The Coordinators
    Mega Horny
    Elec Man EXE
    Chris 2.0
    Blademaster
    Andrew
    Silencer
    Saffire Persian
    Crystal Tears
    Last edited by Pichu Luver; 4th May 2007 at 11:15 AM.
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: The February Contest!

I will reserve a spot. Anything special we should know about the arena?

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Nope, typical contest hall, *goes to Edit* Knew I forgot somethin . . .
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Elite Trainer

Sorry then. I was also hoping for an outdoor appeal stage, but, whatever.

I'll start by using my male Poliwag, Gawilater and my female Scyther, Dalbarusa.

Gawilater, begin by firing an ice ball into the air, and then Dalbarusa, use your fury cutter to chop it into little pieces. What pieces remain will hopefully shatter once they make contact with the floor, satisfying the testosterone and general need to see stuff get chopped up and shatter of the audience. Then, Poliwag, use your psychic to slowly reform the shards of ice together, and while you do that, Scyther will encoat them with a silver wind, so that when the ball is completely fitted together, it has sparkles of glittering silver dust within, and, as the ball was put back together with uneven shards of different sizes, it will hopefully have a glimmering reflective disco ball effect. (Poliwag is still holding it in the air with psychic, while slowly rotating it.) Poliwag, continue to hold it in place and slowly rotate it, and Scyther, go over to it and Swords Dance around it, using your Samurai-like speed to sneak in several chops to the icy ball while twirling your blades around it. Do so in a way that after you've completed your dance and you bow, the ball will shatter into pieces as Poliwag releases it from psychic, after one of those dramatic anime-eqsque scenes where you wait for someone's head to slide off. Good luck guys, I have faith in you.
    Last edited by Mega Horny; 31st January 2007 at 02:59 PM.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

*pokes* You must use TWO Pokémon there Mega Horny
    Last edited by Pichu Luver; 31st January 2007 at 12:01 PM.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Gah, I'm still waiting for an outdoor arena to use a couple appeals I've thought up.

Alright, I think I've got me a good appeal. I'll be using Deimos the Duskull and Kraken the Octillary (both male) for this first appeal.

Ok then, lets do it guys. Kraken, I want you to start off by firing a volley of Bullet Seeds into the air. Deimos, summon up a Will-O-Wisp and get those seeds blazing with nice blue flames as they rise. Now Kraken, use your Psychic ability and take control of the seeds (they're light, it shouldn't be too stressful). Then I want you to cluster the seeds together to make sure they're all on fire, and then shape them into a smiley face. Just a simple face, two eyes, a small nose, and a grinning mouth will suffice. Deimos, once the seeds are shaped I want you to use Disable to hold them firmly in place and give them a nice red glow. To finish up, I want Deimos to launch a Shadow Ball at the floating face, aim for the nose (seeds are solid, so it should explode as it hits them). At the same time, Kraken will fire a Psybeam, also at the nose. The resaulting blast will be an assortment of many different colors, and prove a fitting end to your appeals. Just make sure to be pretty quick about all of this, if those seeds burn up it won't be good.

Kraken - Bullet Seed ~ Psychic ~ Psybeam
    Deimos - Will-O-Wisp ~ Disable ~ Shadow Ball
    Last edited by Elec Man EXE; 31st January 2007 at 05:03 PM.
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I think I'll try this. I'm using Terrapupa my Genderless Claydol and Armada my [M] Snorlax.

Armada begin by creating a 15% substitute of yourself. Terra I want you to use a blizzard around the substitute, encasing it in ice. If you feel that this might damage it too much, then use an icy wind to get the snorlax doll all sparkling and glittery.

Terrapupa, use a psychic to levitate the icy Snorlax into the air. Snorlax I want you to fire a flash (its described as a blast of light) into the crystalline snorlax and make everything nice and glittery!

Next, Terra if you can keep the psychic grip and use a cosmic power at the same time, that would look great. If not concentrate on keeping the substitute in the air with psychic. And Armada, end by firing a zap cannon up into the icy sub; the electricity will look cool among the icy armour!

Armada/Snorlax: Substitute (15%) -- Flash -- Zap Cannon
    Terrapupa/Claydol: Icy Wind/Blizzard -- Psychic -- Psychic/Cosmic Power

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Reserving a spot please kthnxbai.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I will be using Vicki Pollard my Jynx and my 2nd Mime, The Doctor!

Okay The Doctor, I want you to start by using a Thunderbolt!
    Vicki, Contort that TBolt into a wonderful tornado of energy with Psychic.

Doc, Take over control of the electro Tornado with your own Psychic whist Vicki adds a Blizzard to it. THe sparking ice tornado should do well.

I'd like you both to fire a Shadow Ball into the middle of the tornado at the same time to finish it off.

Go Go Psychics!

Student of Activity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Go Iroh Hao(charizard orange and gold in color, male), Go Asuma (sneasel, male)

Alright Hao, I want you to use your strenght to throw up Asuma. Then send a fire spin after him to surround Asuma, leave some openings so the spectators can still see your friend and try to stop before asuma reaches his highest point. Finally, catch him.

Strenght~Fire spin~Catch

Alright Asuma, get thrown up, then when you are at the highest point spin around use blizzard, this will give quiet a display I believe. Finish up by using double team (clones in a line behind you) so it seems that you are falling at great speed.

Get thrown up~Blizzard~Double team

How do you deal with unexpected pregnancies?

I'd also like to reserve a post. ^_^ I'll post it up later.

ASB Team

Want an ASB banner for your team? Want just a plain banner? Well the Saffire's Banner Shop has reopened! There are new ASB banner styles, so new and old requestees, check it out!

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis
    New Chapter up Nov. 22, 2006

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Errm... I'd like to try if thats okay. I'll reserve a spot, gotta get everything together.

Veteran Trainer

OK, for this Contest, I'm sending out two new members of the team: Sumo Brother the Makuhita(M) and Yoshi the Lickitung(F).

OK, guys, we're gonna try a simple (but hopefully original) Appeal this time: a sumo wrestling match!

Yoshi, you're gonna start this party off with Cut - the floor is clay, right? Then cut a ring in the floor about 20 feet (6 meters for you weird metric users) in diameter and step into one end of it.

Sumo Bro, you step up into the other end and use Belly Drum to pump yourself up - challenge Yoshi in the way of a true sumo!

But, Yoshi, you aren't gonna take that, are you? Of course not - put your hands on your knees and Stomp! Stomp with one foot, then the other, and get ready to grapple!

Now, both of you, use Strength - run at each other arms out and lock hands, each of you trying to outmuscle the other. Yoshi, you should have the edge here - you have the size and STAB behind you. Force Sumo Bro to the edge of the ring...

But just as she's about to force you out of the ring, Sumo Bro, you use Seismic Toss - grab her and lift her over your head, and then hurl her out of the ring and strike a victory pose!

Good luck, guys...

Move(Y): Cut - Stomp - Strength
    Move(S): Belly Drum - Strength - Seismic Toss

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I choose Vivi, my male shiny Vibrava and Freya my female shiny Girafarig.

Alright… Vivi, use Dragon Breath, point it upwards. Freya; as it comes, use Psychic to shape and mould it into a comet. Then continue using Psychic and aim it preferably straight down.
    Vivi, as it comes, use Gust in a tornado form around the comet, start out weak, and go to mediocre, we’re trying to make it look like its speeding up. Make sure its not to powerful though, we don’t want it to be ripped apart.
    Next; Freya let go of the comet, it will keep its ball shape for a moment; you and Vivi get close together. Vivi use Solar Beam and Freya use Psybeam on the Comet. Solar beam will be smaller so you should be able to get a weak one off without a charge. Freya, use your neck and make your head going circles around Vivi, which should make your beams combine and look very, very nice.
    Hopefully something good comes out of this…

Vivi: Dragon Breath ~ Gust (Weak – Mediocre) ~ Solar Beam (small, with Freya)
    Freya: Psychic -> Psychic ~ Psy Beam (With Vivi)

I'm sorry XD.. Forgot about this. Anyways, I will be using my Male Sneasel, Jade, and my female Dratini, Lenalee.

All righty, lets get this started.

First, Jade, let Lenalee wrap herself around your shoulders to start off. You should be able to carry her without there being any problems. Once she's on, Lenalee, I want you to use Mist . Now, make it come in very, very slowly, and do not make it thick. Just enough to make things spooky without obscuring sight.

Now Jade, I want you to use Beat Up in a special way. Beat up summons up shades of Pokémon at your bidding from my team. I want you to do just that: summon up four, particularly the more ferocious ones (Mightyena, Persian, Absol, Haunter). Make them seem to slowly appear out of the mist, and the mist rolls in - that's sure to give the audience a scare. Now what I want you to do with them, is make them seem like they're demons/spectors after you. You control them, so have them chase/move after you.

Now, Lenalee, as they start going towards you, summon up an Ancient Power . As it's a clay floor, you should be able to summon some rocks up - even if they're made out of hard clay. I want you to make each rock slightly higher than the other, like a staircase. You're going to time the appearance with Jade's jumps.

Now Jade, as soon as the first stone of Ancient Power rises up from the ground, you're going to use Agility to jump to each one that Lenalee makes (about six or seven) as they come. Lenalee's timing it, so once you land on one, another will rise up just a little higher. Your Beat Up creations should still be pursuing you -- just behind you, making noise and whatnot -- as you ascend the "staircase".

Finally, once you're above the ground on the last rock, I want you, Jade, to jump off (Lenalee's on your shoulders), and the Shades you summoned will do so just a little bit after. Now, the staircase should have given you some height to fall and land safely. As you fall, I want you to use Ice Beam to wipe out two of the specters, while Lenalee makes an impressive green-colored Dragon Rage to finish off the others. You should release it at about the same time, using teamwork to finish the bad guys off.

Hopefully, if all goes right, you should then land on your feet and finish the round, having vanquished the evil specters together. People love shows of comradeship and triumphing over evil, right?

===

Jade (Sneasel, Male): Beat Up (Summon Specters) ~ Agility (hop from rock to rock) ~ Ice Beam (Jump and finish off Specters)

Lenalee (Dratini, Female): Mist (Very, very light. Not enough to obscure vision) ~ Ancient Power (to make clay rock 'staircase) ~ Dragon Rage (finish off specters)

ASB Team

Want an ASB banner for your team? Want just a plain banner? Well the Saffire's Banner Shop has reopened! There are new ASB banner styles, so new and old requestees, check it out!

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis
    New Chapter up Nov. 22, 2006

Advanced Trainer

Since everyone else has posted, I should maybe point out that I edited my intial post up yonder with my appeals.
    Master of Electricity

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

No worries Elec, I noticed. ^^ I'm workin on it people's. It'll be up by the weekend.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Now no killie the Judge please Oo''' I need to see the end of this.

-~*The February Contest!*~-

The Contestants

Appeal One
    ---------***8/8~8/8***---------

Arena: Contest Hall

A standard contest hall, with a clay floor, inside, and an audience on three sides. The arena quite big enough for those larger Pokémon out there, should you choose to use 'em.

Pokémon

Terrapupa Claydol ∞|Armada Snolax
    Taught by: Chris 2.0
    -:Appeals:-
    Blizzard/Psychic/Psychic|Substitute/Flash/Zap Cannon
    -:Orders:-
    “Armada begin by creating a 15% substitute of yourself. Terra I want you to use a blizzard around the substitute, encasing it in ice. If you feel that this might damage it too much, then use an icy wind to get the snorlax doll all sparkling and glittery.
    Terrapupa, use a psychic to levitate the icy Snorlax into the air. Snorlax I want you to fire a flash (its described as a blast of light) into the crystalline snorlax and make everything nice and glittery!
    Concentrate on keeping the substitute in the air with psychic. And Armada, end by firing a zap cannon up into the icy sub; the electricity will look cool among the icy armour!”

Vicki Pollard Jynx|The Doctor Mr. Mime
    Taught by: Andrew
    Psychic/Blizzard/Shadow Ball|Thunderbolt/Psychic/Shadow Ball
    “Okay The Doctor, I want you to start by using a Thunderbolt!
    Vicki, Contort that T-Bolt into a wonderful tornado of energy with Psychic.
    Doc, Take over control of the electro Tornado with your own Psychic whist Vicki adds a Blizzard to it. The sparking ice tornado should do well.
    I'd like you both to fire a Shadow Ball into the middle of the tornado at the same time to finish it off.”

Iroh Hao Charizard |Asuma Sneasel
    Taught by: Silencer
    Strength/Fire Spin/Catch|Thrown/Blizzard/Double Team
    “Alright Hao, I want you to use your Strength to throw up Asuma. Then send a Fire Spin after him to surround Asuma, leave some openings so the spectators can still see your friend and try to stop before Asuma reaches his highest point. Finally, catch him.
    Alright Asuma, get thrown up, then when you are at the highest point spin around use Blizzard, this will give quiet a display I believe. Finish up by using Double Team (clones in a line behind you) so it seems that you are falling at great speed.”

Gawilater Poliwag |Dalbarusa Scyther
    Taught by: Mega Horny
    Ice Ball/Psychic/Psychic|Fury Cutter/Silver Wind/Sword Dance
    “Gawilater, begin by firing an ice ball into the air, and then Dalbarusa, use your fury cutter to chop it into little pieces. What pieces remain will hopefully shatter once they make contact with the floor, satisfying the testosterone and general need to see stuff get chopped up and shatter of the audience.
    Then, Poliwag, use your psychic to slowly reform the shards of ice together, and while you do that, Scyther will encoat them with a silver wind, so that when the ball is completely fitted together, it has sparkles of glittering silver dust within, and, as the ball was put back together with uneven shards of different sizes, it will hopefully have a glimmering reflective disco ball effect. (Poliwag is still holding it in the air with psychic, while slowly rotating it.)
    Poliwag, continue to hold it in place and slowly rotate it, and Scyther, go over to it and Swords Dance around it, using your Samurai-like speed to sneak in several chops to the icy ball while twirling your blades around it. Do so in a way that after you've completed your dance and you bow, the ball will shatter into pieces as Poliwag releases it from psychic, after one of those dramatic anime-esque scenes where you wait for someone's head to slide off.”

Sumo Brother Makuhita |Yoshi Lickitung
    Taught by: Blademaster
    Belly Drum/Strength/Seismic Toss|Cut/Stomp/Strength
    “Yoshi, you're gonna start this party off with Cut - the floor is clay, right? Then cut a ring in the floor about 20 feet (6 meters for you weird metric users) in diameter and step into one end of it. Sumo Bro, you step up into the other end and use Belly Drum to pump yourself up - challenge Yoshi in the way of a true sumo!
    But, Yoshi, you aren't gonna take that, are you? Of course not - put your hands on your knees and Stomp! Stomp with one foot, then the other, and get ready to grapple!
    Now, both of you, use Strength - run at each other arms out and lock hands, each of you trying to outmuscle the other. Yoshi, you should have the edge here - you have the size and STAB behind you. Force Sumo Bro to the edge of the ring...
    But just as she's about to force you out of the ring, Sumo Bro, you use Seismic Toss - grab her and lift her over your head, and then hurl her out of the ring and strike a victory pose!”

Deimos Duskoll |Kraken Octillery
    Taught by: Elec Man EXE
    Will-o-Wisp/Disable/Shadow Ball|Bullet Seed/Psychic/Psybeam
    “Ok then, lets do it guys. Kraken, I want you to start off by firing a volley of Bullet Seeds into the air. Deimos, summon up a Will-O-Wisp and get those seeds blazing with nice blue flames as they rise.
    Now Kraken, use your Psychic ability and take control of the seeds (they're light, it shouldn't be too stressful). Then I want you to cluster the seeds together to make sure they're all on fire, and then shape them into a smiley face. Just a simple face, two eyes, a small nose, and a grinning mouth will suffice. Deimos, once the seeds are shaped I want you to use Disable to hold them firmly in place and give them a nice red glow.
    To finish up, I want Deimos to launch a Shadow Ball at the floating face, aim for the nose (seeds are solid, so it should explode as it hits them). At the same time, Kraken will fire a Psybeam, also at the nose. The resulting blast will be an assortment of many different colours, and prove a fitting end to your appeals. Just make sure to be pretty quick about all of this, if those seeds burn up it won't be good.”

Vivi Vibrava |Freya Girafarig
    Taught by: Crystal Tears
    Dragonbreath/Gust/Solarbeam|Psychic/Psychic/Psybeam
    “Alright… Vivi use Dragon Breath. Point it upwards. Freya; as it comes, use Psychic to shape and mould it into a comet. Then continue using Psychic and aim it preferably straight down.
    Vivi, as it comes, use Gust in a tornado form around the comet, start out weak, and go to mediocre, we’re trying to make it look like its speeding up. Make sure its not to powerful though, we don’t want it to be ripped apart.
    Next; Freya let go of the comet, it will keep its ball shape for a moment; you and Vivi get close together. Vivi use Solar Beam and Freya use Psybeam on the Comet. Solar beam will be smaller so you should be able to get a weak one off without a charge. Freya, use your neck and make your head going circles around Vivi, which should make your beams combine and look very, very nice.”

Jade Sneasel |Lenalee Dratini
    Taught by: Saffire Persian
    Beat Up/Agility/Ice Beam|Mist/Ancient Power/Dragon Rage
    “First, Jade, let Lenalee wrap herself around your shoulders to start off. Once she's on, Lenalee, I want you to use Mist . Now, make it come in very, very slowly, and do not make it thick. Just enough to make things spooky without obscuring sight.
    Now Jade, I want you to use Beat Up in a special way. I want you to summon up four, particularly the more ferocious ones (Mightyena, Persian, Absol, Haunter). Make them seem to slowly appear out of the mist. Now what I want you to do with them, is make them seem like they're demons/spectors after you. You control them, so have them chase/move after you.
    Now, Lenalee, as they start going towards you, summon up an Ancient Power. I want you to make each rock slightly higher than the other, like a staircase. You're going to time the appearance with Jade's jumps.
    Jade, as soon as the first stone of Ancient Power rises up from the ground, you're going to use Agility to jump to each one that Lenalee makes as they come. Lenalee's timing it, so once you land on one, another will rise up just a little higher. Your Beat Up creations should still be pursuing you -- just behind you, making noise and whatnot -- as you ascend the "staircase".
    Finally, once you're above the ground on the last rock, I want you, Jade, to jump off (Lenalee's on your shoulders), and the Shades you summoned will do so just a little bit after. As you fall, I want you to use Ice Beam to wipe out two of the specters, while Lenalee makes an impressive green-colored Dragon Rage to finish off the others. You should release it at about the same time, using teamwork to finish the bad guys off.”

------******------

The Judge shivers as she comes in through the giant double doors, a blast of cold air in her wake. The audience gets a brief glimpse of fat flakes of snow whistling around before a Hariyama and a Machamp slam the doors shut behind her. She grins and brushes the snow off her merrily, positively skipping to her seat. She takes it, her Xatu teleporting in with a cuppa of tea held in its wings. She waves to the Contesties as they look at her with expressions ranging from bemused, to perhaps slightly annoyed. She shrugs, takes a sip of her tea and gestures to Chris to start.

He raises an eyebrow at her but steps onto the field. He tosses a Pokéball and a Great Ball, popping open to reveal a Claydoll and a Snorlax. In a very odd way they seem to match each other quite well. Maybe its because they are both wide-ish and have short limbs. Anyway, Chris shouts his plans to them and they get to work.

First Armada squints his already squinty eyes and a concentrated look comes onto his face. Suddenly a double of him seems to be assembling itself before the audience's very eyes. The twin finishes its assembly with a snap and plops down in front of the real Armada, perhaps a little stiff looking, but quite a good copy. His partner, Terrapupa wastes no time and uh . . . He is making all kinds of funny gestures with his stubby arms, but no ice shards or cold wind grace the contest hall. Chris blanches but waves at his Pokémon to carry on.

Now here is something Terrapupa can do. He grabs the Sub of Armada with his mind and slowly lifts it into the air. He lifts it till it is about 15 feet in the air. This looks lovely and Armada steps up to do his part. He squints his eyes but well, yet again nothing is happening. He gets quite a look of constipation, but no bright light comes forth from Armada. Chris looks mortified and the Judge raises an eyebrow at this double oopsie. To finish this off, Terrapupa keeps the Sub in the air, as it would take to much concentration, even for a Psychic, to call upon the heavens for a blessing and keep Armada2 up in the air. Armada concentrates on a space about a foot in front of him, and all the static electricity in the Hall seems to concentrate there, a ball of it sparking and crackling growing. Luck is with Armada this time as the ball zigs and zags but crashes into 'him' with an explosion buzzaps and whizzes.

|

Chris quickly skedaddles, and Andrew confidently takes his place on the floor. He tosses his Pokéballs with a flourish and a Jynx and Mr. Mime grace the stage. The Judge snickers at their names and takes a moment to yell, "To the Time Lord!' , before waving at them to continue. He gives them their marching orders and they set about it.

The Doctor starts it all off by taking his psyconic energy and changing it into electric. He glows and crackles for a second before releasing the charge straight up. Vicki concentrates all her Psychic will on the bolt and it slowly twists. With a good deal of effort, they are spinning about in a vortex shape. The bolt has broken up by now, but all the shards look very nice as they spin about.

Vicki carefully hands control over to The Doctor, and he keeps it twisting with his psychic will. Thankfully it is only being order to spin, which is a lot easier then most other shapes it could take. Vicki calls upon the wintry weather and it answers her call readily, quite unlike the earlier try. Shards of ice and flakes of snow appear in front of her and she sends them forth into the tornado. The Doctor gets them spinning as well, but he is showing the strain of it all. Some sparks escape his control, whizzing off and exploding on contact with the wall with a snap.

He looks to Vicki and they both nod. He lets go of the vortex and they quickly summon up Shadow Balls together. The electricity spins for about a second before going off in random directions. Some audience members get quite the wake up call. Meanwhile the Blizzard still spins, but slowing with every turn. They release the two highly explosive attacks and they sail for the tornado, exploding the second they hit a shard. The snow goes flying everywhere, the lights sparking nicely upon their surfaces.

|

Andrew leaves, pretty well pleased and Silencer takes his place. A uniquely coloured Charizard and a Sneasel the Judge knows quite well, appear on the field. He calmly gives his orders and they get to work.

Iroh Hao stomps over to his partner and Asuma nimbly steps up into his hands, which have created a platform for him to stand on. Asuma puts both claws on Hao's shoulder to steady himself, and then it thrown straight up. Iroh Hao wastes no time and sends up a weakened version of Fire Spin up after him. It spins slowly and has bare patches, which allows the audience to watch Asuma as he ascends. Unfortunately Asuma is nicked a little by the fire, but not to badly as it is a weak version it. When he reaches the apex of his climb, he spins and fires off Blizzard. The icy shards and snow streams outwards and then down, some getting melted by the fire, but what survives looks quite marvellous with the backdrop of fire.

Asuma can't help but look a little worried as he starts to fall, unbalanced by his spinning. The fire has started to dissipate now, only little bits still streaming around. Asuma does send off his doubles in a line behind him, and it looks very cool as they all fall. Hao concentrates but is a little confused by all the falling Sneasels. He goes with the first one, remembering the orders. Asuma is tumbling now, and hits the fires edge as he falls. Some of his doubles do as well, and they disappear. Hao shifts over into the flames a little, but manages to catch the mildly dizzy Sneasel.

|

Silencer smiles slightly, and leaves, speedily replaced by Mega Horny. After a bit of a mix up involving him sending out just one Poké, he sends out his Poliwag and his Scyther.

Gawilater starts it off by form a ball of ice inches from his, well if he had a nose it would inches away from that. Anyway, he makes a smooth sphere, almost perfectly see-through, and launches it straight up with a slap from his tail. Dalbarusa wastes no time and flies up, slashing furiously at it, reducing the nice glass-like ball into shards. She lands beside her partner just before it crashes into the floor, and a million pieces just doesn't cover how many there are.

This is not problem for Gawilater though; he grabs the shards and picks almost all of them up (except for the infinitesimally small ones). He starts to put them together just as Dalbarusa starts up her Silver Wind. The little flecks of bug energy get lodged into the ice ball as Gawilater puts it haphazardly together.

Gawilater slowly raises it up and then starts to rotate it. The lights of the hall reflect nicely off it, and it does look rather discoballish. As it slowly spins, Dalbarusa steps beneath it and starts to spin rapidly on the spot. The wind of her spin creates a funnel around the ball, and it starts to spin faster because of it. When she has been naught but a blur for a few seconds she suddenly stops, staring out over the crowd. Her whole stance says, 'I'm ready for anything.' It's a good thing too as Gawilater releases his hold on the ball as commanded, and she leaps nimbly backward to avoid a nasty headache.

|

Mega Horny leaves and the stage is swept clean of ice shards very briskly. The God of Random himself, Blademaster, replaces him. He tosses two Pokéballs, showing off his two spankity new Poké's, Makuhita and Lickitung.

Yoshi sets off first, getting her right hand glowing and her single digit claw elongating and glowing white. She races around in an almost perfect circle, digging a half-foot stripe into the area. She stops when she completes it and steps into it. Sumo brother steps into the circle on the other side and glares his partner down. He then starts slamming his fists into his ample belly, crying out his name, challenging Yoshi to bring him down. Yoshi does not like this and answers with a taunt of her own. She slams one of her feet down with incredible force, leaving quite the indent. She slams other foot down as well, but it does not have the same force as the first.

The two Poké's have had enough of threats and they run at each other. They slam together, grappling at each other's arms. They shove each other around, but Yoshi and Sumo do as their trainer bids, and Yoshi shoves Sumo Brother to the edge of the circle. Just as it seems that Sumo brother is about to loose he gets a firm grip on his partners arms and swings. He grunts as he swings Uoshi around, flying her out of the circle. She slams into the ground and skids, Yoshi doing his victory pose, and grinning.

|

Random God leaves, very happy and Elec Man EXE takes his place. The circle is filled in and Elec releases his two Pokemon, a Duskull and an Octillery.

Now he has orders this is to be done quickly and they set zoomily about it. First Kraken spits off some dark green seeds straight up into the air. They are immediately followed by Deimos's super hot blue fire. The seeds being in a line all catch fire, burning a nice purple-blue colour. Deimos grabs them with his mind then they glow a bright red colour, stopping in their tracks. He even succeeds in stopping the flames from moving. Kraken grabs them with his octo mind (why an Octopus has mental powers I have no idea . . .) and shapes the seeds into the face his trainer wanted.

This is fairly easily done and with a quick countdown by Kraken slapping a tentacle down three times; they both let go and charge their attacks. A smiling flaming face falls toward the ground, but is intercepted by a rainbow beam and a crackling purple ball. They both slam into the seeds, the resulting explosion sending off little bits of fire and small beams of rainbow light, quite a nice effect.

|

Elec Man leaves the stage to be replaced by the shiny loving Crystal Tears. She doesn't disappoint and chooses two shinies, Vibrava and Girafarig.

Vivi starts it off by firing off a pinkish flame that crackles with yellow static energy. As it soars upward, Freya grabs it with her psychic powers and turns the front of it into a ball shape, the 'tail' made up of flames and the 'rock' flickering and staticing away. She slowly turns it away from the roof and sends it right back down at herself and Vivi. She is grunting and sweating with the strain, and bits did come loose in the turn toward the ground, flaming for a second before going out. Vivi surrounds the comet with a weak swirl of wind, and the draconic flames wave about in the wind.

Freya lets go of her comet and the ball remains for a little bit. Freya summons up a beam of rainbow energy and Vivi in turn powers a weak Solarbeam. They both fire at the same time, the comet having lost its ball and it now only a flaming stripe. The gust is causing the flames to whip about, breaking little bits off. With Freya spinning the two beams become one, a bright white light with rainbow swirls all around it. It slices right through the fire and the Dragonbreath breaks off into many little pieces, going out before they reach the ground.

|

Crystal tears returns her two sparklies and the last trainer, Saffire Persian, runs up to the arena. She releases the second Sneasel of this Contest and a Dratini.

Now this is an interesting sight. A Dratini is around 5'11 and Sneasel is only 2'11. Thankfully though Dratini doesn't weigh too much. Lenalee does have to wrap herself around Jade's torso too though, Jade's shoulders are just too thin for the entirety of her length. She turns to the field and lets out a very slow Mist that fills the arena. As she did not release the full attack, it is still relatively see-through. Jade summons up his shades and the audience visibly shivers as they can only see the bare outline of them through the Mist.

Now Jade begins to run, summoning the shades to follow him. Lenalee focuses on the ground and commands it to lurch up, but it doesn't. She keeps trying, but the ground just won't move. She gulps and Saffire slaps a hand to head in a dui moment. Jade simply decides to run through the mist at speed. The shades fade out, as they do not last very long.

Now Jade does not have anything to leap off of so he just turns as he runs and fires of a beam of cold energy. It slices through the air, and he waves it back and forth. The beam freezes the water droplets and they fall to the ground with a soft tinkle. Lenalee fires off her Dragon Rage, which is actually red in colour. It is a ball and it blasts the water droplets out of the way as it ploughs across the arena.

Saffire Persian joins her fellows and the Judge looks over her pages, making notes. She finally stands up and calls out their marks, and her comments on each.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Terrapupa Claydol ∞|Armada Snolax
    Taught by: Chris 2.0
    -:The Mark:-
    4.3/10
    -:Comments:-
    Ouch. Pretty much covers it I think. The idea over all was solid, but to have two moves fail because the Pokémon were incapable of learning it really hurt you. Cosmic Power was unable to be used because it would take a significant amount of focus to call up the blessing of . . . higher beings.

Vicki Pollard Jynx |The Doctor Mr. Mime
    8.0/10
    Very good use of electricity, considering it's very unstable. Making it spin is probably the best way to go with it, and adding Blizzard was a nice touch, if stretching The Doctor's abilities a tad. The double Shadow Ball at the end caused the control to be lost, and electricity being what it is, it isn't going to stay spinning.

Iroh Hao Charizard |Asuma Sneasel
    Taught by: Silencer
    7.1/10
    Over all, it was good. The Fire Spin was a bit risky as Asuma is part ice and flames will flicker and nick him as he goes up. Also, perhaps you could have had Asuma do something as he was tossed up. Same with the end, maybe having Iroh Hao Fly up to meet him as he fell, so it wasn't just tossing and catching? Dunno, just an idea.

Gawilater Poliwag |Dalbarusa Scyther
    8.1/10
    Nicely done. Sword Dance doesn't work quite the way you described; it involves the user spinning on the spot, not dancing around. So the last bit didn't go quite as planed. The rest though was quite well thought up.

Sumo Brother Makuhita |Yoshi Lickitung
    9.5/10
    Now this was cool. It had a 'story' about it and while it was simple, it was superbly done. Hurting your partner detracted some points, and Stomp actually only uses one foot. Otherwise, quite original and a great job.

Deimos Duskoll |Kraken Octillery
    7.9/10
    Defiantly speed was needed in this, and thankfully Disable helped to preserve those precious seeds. Interesting appeal, but the last two attacks felt a little thrown in. And to me a ball and a straight line didn't really seem a good mesh of attacks.

Vivi Vibrava |Freya Girafarig
    8.3/10
    The comet was a good idea, and the two Poké's having to 'defend' the Earth (that's what I got out of it anyway) was cool. The combo of Psybeam and Solarbeam was very a very neat laser-like thingy. Even for a Psychic type it's a bit hard to control what is basically fire to bits were going to come off. The whole point up and destroy something is getting a bit redundant though I may add . . .

Jade Sneasel |Lenalee Dratini
    Taught by: Saffire Persian
    5.6/10
    The initial part was good, and set a very good mood of scaring the audience. Since Dratini cannot learn Ancient Power though, it kinda fell apart from there. There was nothing to jump off of, and Beat Up does not last very long, without renewing it.

So Blademaster, Crystal Tears, Mega Horny, Andrew and Elec Man EXE go onto Appeal Two. If you five would please PM me your Appeals I'd appreciate it. REMEMBER it is another Double Appeal (with two different Poké's), and uh, learn from the oopsies of others, check a 'dex before you send your appeals to me (pats Chris and Saffire, hey we all make bloopers, I've kicked myself many a time). My condolences to those who didn't get through, but no worries, there's still time to get a Ribbon!
    Last edited by Pichu Luver; 19th February 2007 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Being a nit-wit.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

In my defence.....

uhhh

*leaves*

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Advanced Trainer

Drat! So very close. Its because I rushed you, isn't it?

I thought of a better variation of the appeal (Same basic idea and pokemon, different excecution) that I think would have done a lot better. I might try that in the future, if I ever happen upon another double-appeal.
    Master of Electricity

Elite Trainer

Whoa, I actually made it. Cool, I'll pm my appeal at some point in the next day or so. And on a side note, I couldn't help but notice:

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    [Otherwise, quite original and a great job.

That was a quote from your rating of Blademaster's appeal. Just FYI, he ripped that off of Zelda Twilight Princess, and admitted to it =D. Man, I'm worse than Harley. *runs off*

Advanced Trainer

Eh, waitaminnute. Aren't there supposed to be 5 trainers going on to the next round (8 to start, and you lose 3)? You only listed 4 that are going on.

Hmm, now who would be the 5th?
    Last edited by Elec Man EXE; 19th February 2007 at 01:22 PM.
    Master of Electricity

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

*blinkity blink blink* Um, indeed you are correct Elec. --'' My apologies for being a nit wit and missing that. You have also made it through. I go to Edit . . . heh. *hands pan* One free thwap awarded.

To Mega Horny: Well I've never played any of the new games (I only played the REALLY old one on I think the first Nintendo *snerk*) so it is entirely original to me. To my knowledge I have never seen something like that on TPM, lol. Go the Sumo! *snicker*
    Last edited by Pichu Luver; 19th February 2007 at 05:59 PM.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Super Moderator

I've PMed my 2nd round appeal! Luck to all!

Veteran Trainer

Excuse me, River.

(takes pan; slams Mega Horny upside the head with it)

Bitch. -_-;

(hands pan back)

Now, for my Appeal... I gotta think about it s'more... So... bye!

(runs off)

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Oy! Comith on people! The March Contest has started, and I need Appeals from Blademaster, Crystal Tears and Mega Horny! I poke thee and send me your appeals!
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Elite Trainer

Sorry. I'll come up with one in the next day or so.

Super Moderator

DQ them if they don't post!

Super Moderator

Any news yet?

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Niah now that I finally have all your Appeals I shall post your fate!

-~*The February Contest!*~-

The Contestants

Appeal Two
    ---------****4/8~4/8****---------

A standard contest hall, with a clay floor, inside, and an audience on three sides. The arena quite big enough for those larger Pokémon out there, should you choose to use 'em.

Pokémon

OzRalts Ralts |StantlOz Stantler
    Reflect/Headbutt/Psychic|Icy Wind/Psychic/Flash
    “We'll start off with Ralts hanging onto Stantler's back. Stant0z I want you to start off with creating a very weak reflect shield to stand in front of the audience. 0zRalts, I want you fire off an Icy Wind from Stant0z's back to make the Reflect pretty.
    Secondly, Stantl0z, I want you to use a Headbutt to smash through the reflect shield in order to shatter it.
    0zRalts, grab those shards with Psychic and twirl them around. Up high as you can!
    Stantl0z finish off by using Psychic to fly yourself with Ralts still safely on your back around. OzRalts, fire off a flash into those falling shards to make it very pretty as you fly around.”

Lillie Bulbasaur |Tsunami Masquerain
    Leech Seed/Frenzy Plant/Petal Dance|Hydro Pump/Double Team/Silver Wind
    “Lillie, I want you to start off by spreading a few (ideally 4, but however many you can manage is fine) Leech Seed's around the ground. I'm not sure whether they'll sprout or not, since they aren't hitting a pokemon, but either way works. Now, with the seeds planted, Tsunami needs to use a Hydro Pump at the ceiling above them. The water will splash off the ceiling and down onto the plants, so you'll be watering them. Just don't make it so powerful that you completely drench them, it should be a nice shower and not a torrent.
    Then Lillie, use a weakened version of Frenzy Plant. Basically, make a vine sprout up under each seed. If there's only 1 seed, make 3 or 4 vines sprout around it. Leave the vines where they are after you're done, don't withdraw them back into the ground. While she grows the vines Tsunami, I want you to summon up a Double Team and conjure up a couple of clones (not too many, you need to keep them active through the rest of the round).
    Finally, Tsunami and his clones should dart from vine to vine while using Silver Wind. Just let the sparkling particles shower from you're wings as you go. Then Lillie should move to the center of the vines and use a Petal Dance to make the vines bloom.”

Flaute Ralts |Hexenmeister Slowking
    Ice Beam/Psychic/Psychic|Water Gun/Flamethrower/Flash
    “Hexenmeister, I want you to begin by sending a Water Gun spiralling through the air. Flaute, I want you to freeze the water gun with an Ice Beam, letting it fall to the ground and shatter.
    Then, Flaute, I want you to use your Psychic to break/stick together pieces of the ice, elegantly, I might add, to make them into a series of eleven celestial balls -- Uranus, Mars, Earth, Sun, Moon, Venus, Mercury, Neptune, Saturn, Jupiter and heck, even Pluto. Don't forget to make Jupiter the largest and have a small icicle orbiting Saturn, to appear as a semi-ring. If you can, make all the small ice orbs spin about as if they were orbiting the sun.
    Meanwhile, Hexenmeister, please hit one of them with a very weak Flamethrower, allowing it to very slowly burn away, glowing with the orange tone of the sun.
    Finally, Flaute, Hypnotise the audience to make them think it is nighttime, unless the stadium has a roof. If it does, help Hexenmeister suspend the objects and make them orbit. Hexemeister, use a Flash from directly below your suspended planets -- being a Psychic type, it shouldn't be too hard to do both (holding them up). This will hopefully send an array of sparkles onto the night sky/roof, giving one of those planetarium effects.”

Moon Cleft Lunatone ∞|Skeleton Bee Shedinja
    Psychic/Swift and Psychic|Faint Attack/Gust/Flash
    “OK, Bee, you're just gonna start off with a good-old Faint Attack to vanish from sight ASAP. The sooner, the better - as soon as you get on-stage, out of your Pokeball, whatever. Just pull a disappearing act, OK? Now, Cleftie, you levitate up above the floor and use your Psychic powers to turn off all the lights in the arena and pull all the curtains shut. We need it as dark as we can get it in here; if it gets too dark, leave a single light on - preferably as close to you as possible so it looks like you're generating your own moonlight.
    Bee, as soon as the darkness fills the room, I want you to reappear, laying motionlessly on the floor like you're... um... never mind. Now, Cleftie, this next part we gotta be quick for: use Swift to fire out about ten stars, and then use Psychic to suspend them randomly around you, like stars from the night sky.
    Now, Bee, it's all you - lay there motionlessly, and then, just when the crowd thinks nothing's gonna happen, stir up a Gust across the stage - not a full twister, but just a stiff breeze - enough to make you're hollow shell of a body rattle around, and then slowly float up into the air and right itself. Then, cast a bright Flash from your eyes, symbolizing your awakening supernatural power. Let's scare these folks old-school style!”

Paine Skarmory |Yuffie Pikachu
    Fly/Aerial Ace/Agility|Quick Attack/Endure/Shock Wave
    “I’ll start with releasing Paine high into the air. Paine, I want you to swoop down from where you air, gaining considerable momentum. When Paine is close, Yuffie, use Quick attack to keep up with the speedy bird and leap onto its back, right when Yuffie is on and is holding on tight, she’ll signal you by calling out her name; Paine swoop up and use Fly while doing a barrel roll.
    Paine, stop doing the barrel roll once you think your high enough to do a loop with Aerial Ace. Yuffie; right when the barrel roll stops… Use Endure to help you hold on through the loop.
    Once the loop is finished and Skarmory has levelled out, Yuffie leap off your ally’s back and release a Shockwave as a circular ring around you. Don’t worry about falling for Paine is going to use Agility to catch you and zoom right through the electric ring.”

------******------
    Niah! Finally we move on to Round Two! The Coordinators scribble furiously on their sheets of paper, consulting muchly with their 'dexes and Pokémon. After a while they start to walk over, handing them to her. Once she has them all and looks 'em over she signals Andrew to begin.

He walks up to the arena, muttering to himself about needing a ribbon. He releases a male Ralts and a male Stantler and gives them their orders. StantlOz kneels and OzRalts clambers aboard. StantlOz gets up and heads to the centre of the field, and turns to the audience, setting up a slightly yellow shield. It is more translucent then usual as it is a weak version of it. OzRalts leans around and fires a blast of artic air at the shield. It sweeps right through it, but it leaves a layer of frost in it wake, covering the entire shield. The audience also get a breath of crisp cold air as well.

OzRalts grabs a tight hold to StantlOz's fur as he launches himself forward. He puts his head down and runs at the shield. It is so weak it can't take the hit as he crashes through it. The shards of it go flying everywhere but before they can hit the ground and disappear, OzRalts grabs them with his mind. StantlOz skids to stop in front of the audience as OzRalts lifts them high into the air and twirls them about, the stadium lights flashing on their surfaces. The light flicks and dances on the walls as the light bounces off them.

Finally StantlOz takes a running leap and he becomes encased in a blue glow. He soars over the audience and back to the arena, OzRalts hanging on tightly. OzRalts meanwhile lets go of the shards and starts to glow. A bright Flash illuminates the stadium, lighting up the shards and making them glitter. However as the audience was staring at the flying Stantler they were blinded a bit as well. They only hear the shards shatter as they hit the ground.

|

Next up is Elec Man EXE, who the Judge made a bit of a blooper on. He calls out a female Bulbasaur and a male Masquerain. Lillie starts this off by firing a seed forwards into the centre of the arena, as she can only fire one. It just lands on the ground and does not sprout as it did not hit a Pokémon Tsunami meanwhile turns to the roof and fires a slightly weakened Hydro Pump directly above the seed. The water hits it, and thankfully it is made of stern stuff as it reflects and splashes down onto the seed.

The ground is quite through soaked and Lille starts up her next part. She fires out four slightly thorny vines (once again a weaker version) and digs them into the ground at her feet. They come up right around the seed, which is disappearing, as it didn't hit anything. Tsunami pops out a couple of doubles and then immediately starts up a Silver Wind. Using it on each vine as he darts to them. Unfortunately Silver Wind is a whirlwind and after he starts the first he can't go from one to the other, the energy sparkles and spins around the vines. As he starts it, it also takes out two of the clones as he flies right through the whirlwind to get to the vines.

Tsunami backs away and Lillie starts her next attack. She is having problem though, the vines are attached to her, and so she can't move. She thinks furiously and decided she has to use the attack she was ordered. The vines retract into her and she runs over to where they were. She does not go into the Silver Wind though; she dances about just behind it. She fires petals around and some get sucked up into the silver wind and spin with that. Others fall to the floor.

|

Next up is Mega Horny and he releases a male Ralts and a male Slowking. He gives them their instructions and they set about. Hexenmeister starts it off by firing a Water Gun straight up into the air. It goes smoothly and Flaute steps up to do his part. He tries to focus a ball of cold in front of him. But it just isn't happening; unfortunately Ralts cannot learn Ice Beam.

Flaute desperately tries to salvage this as the water falls to the ground. He tries to grab the water before it sinks into the ground. He grabs some of it and floats it upwards, having some difficulty getting it to stay up there. The water goes and forms into the planets and sun, but it is much smaller as he does not have enough water. The audience can just see them as the lights reflect in them. Hexenmeister starts up his bit and fires a small Flamethrower at the sun. Flaute cannot get it to spin, as water is very difficult to control. The effect cause quite a bit of steam, as it is evaporating the water.

Then Flaute raises them upward toward the ceiling and Hexenmeister can't use two attacks at once. So he uses Flash to light them all up for a moment, almost glowing from within. The light reflects off of some of the metal parts of the ceiling for a little but it does not have the effect he wanted.

|

Blademaster is the next one on the arena and he releases a Lunatone('Her') and a Shedinja('Him'). Immediately after appear Blademaster tells Skeleton Bee to disappear and he uses Faint Attack to vanish from the stage, the audience having only seen a glimpse of him. Blademaster yells out his remaining orders, hoping Skeleton Bee had heard him wherever he went. Moon Cleft rises upwards and shuts off all the light except one above her.

The audience is wary now, as they can only see Moon Cleft, the rest is shrouded in darkness. Suddenly they see Skeleton Bee appear on the ground near the edge of the light. Their attention is then diverted as Moon Cleft, as she fires off an array of Swift starts and grabs them with her mind. She places the slightly gold (and now blue) glowing stars over her, scattered about the ceiling.

This is quite cool and the audience looks at that for a while before turning again to Skeleton Bee as he has yet to move. They start to wonder if anything is going to happen when a stiff breeze blows across the arena. It is not enough to spin but causes an eerie whistle to come out from the back of Skeleton Bee. The audience shivers, a little unnerved when he slowly rises up. Suddenly his body glows and bright Flash erupts from him. The audience jumps and a few shriek a little, surprised.

|

The next one on the stage is the Crystal Tears, looking a little rushed. She calls out her shiny female Skarmory and her female Pikachu. The Skarmory is up high in the air and starts by diving toward the ground. Paine levels off just feet from the ground and flies up to Yuffie. Yuffie runs and shoots forward with a Quick Attack just in behind. She catches up easily and leaps. She scrabbles to get a good hold, but it is very difficult with her partner being metal. When she has both paws around Paine's neck she yells out.

Paine then starts to spin as she flies upwards. Yuffie shrieks as she is loosing her hold on Paine slink metal feathers. She flies off; thankfully Paine had not gone to far up when she flew off. She lands with a thud, but stands, a little banged up but mostly ok. Paine gulps and starts her Aerial Ace loop when she gets high enough.

Yuffie does Endure on the ground, and it makes her feel a little better, but shows no real purpose in the appeal. Then, once she's got her bearings back she leaps upward and fires off a circle of Shock Wave's. Paine dives on her, using Agility and just catches Yuffie as she shoots through the ring.

CT takes her spot and the Judge deliberates for a while and then stands, reading out her thoughts and the mark.

---------******---------

Pokémon

OzRalts Ralts |StantlOz Stantler
    7.6/10
    It was . . . interesting, but not very 'hey look a me!'. Seeing StantlOz fly was very cool though. It was a little over done and I believe I've seen the smashing of Reflect before, but spinning about the frosted glass was nice effect. The Flash blinding the audience a little didn't help, as they were staring right at it.

Lillie Bulbasaur |Tsunami Masquerain
    7.2/10
    This was very cool, but in a few places it kinda killed itself. The growing of vines was unique and a good idea, but Frenzy Plant didn't work the way you wanted. The vines are part of the Pokémon so she couldn't leave them there. The Silver Wind is a whirlwind to, not dust, and having it take out some clones didn't help.

Flaute Ralts |Hexenmeister Slowking
    5.3/10
    Well forgetting that Ralts cannot learn Ice Beam really hurt this. The water was neat in of itself, but it is not what you called for. Hexenmeister can't do two attacks at once, so the orbiting part couldn't happen. A neat idea, just to bad it didn't come out right.

Moon Cleft Lunatone ∞|Skeleton Bee Shedinja
    8.5/10
    Again, well done. The effect was to scare and it was very nicely pulled off. The Swift stars were the best part in my opinion, using them as stars in the sky was really cool. Ending with Flash was a slightly scary but not really 'Ee God!' if you know what I mean.

Paine Skarmory |Yuffie Pikachu
    5.8/10
    Nice idea, just Skarmory is metal, and metal is slippery, especially for claws trying to find a grip. She just couldn't hold on during a barrel roll, there is just nothing to really hold on to. The end was neat, but high up as you thought would have been much better.

So Blademaster and Andrew go to the Battle Round! Blademaster being the Coordinator with the highest mark chooses who picks their Pokémon first. This will be a Tag Team match. Remember you must choose one Pokémon from Round One and one Pokémon from Round Two. Sorry to you's people who didn't get through, keep trying!
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Advanced Trainer

Drat. Took a gamble on which way you'd ref Frenzy Plant (seen it done both ways personally) and lost, I guess.

I don't see why the Silver Wind thing couldn't work, though. To me anyway, Silver Wind is just using a Gust type attack while silvery bug particles form on the wings, and as the wind blows it carries the bug energy from the wings with it. Simply coating the wings with energy but not causing a wind would allow it to shower off as the pokemon moved. But different views on attack excecution and all, I guess. Not complaining either, just giving my input.

Anyway, good luck to both of you, and well played. And with that... POW! I'm gone.
    Master of Electricity

Elite Trainer

Damnit, I meant Icy Wind. I'll never win a contest, not even if it's in my birthday month -_-*

And Electro -- you totally stole my idea to steal Crump's idea.

You're all fantastic

Edited by Chris 2.0 to meet with User-Friendly Standards
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 12th March 2007 at 03:56 PM.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Andrew I said Blademaster would pick who chooses their Pokémon first. You dude need to read da instructions. Eh, but if Blademaster wanted him to pick first then just continue . . .

Anyway, sorry Elec, but I was going off the Attack Tower and Silver Wind is descriped as a Gust attack but with waves of Bug energy in it. Like I said it was a great idea, just needs some fine tuning.

Steal of a steal? Heh, lol. Well I've never seen it so it was coolios.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Veteran Trainer

I'd like to pick first; Andrew can attack first. Is that OK?

And Andrew, no matter which of us wins this, it'll be the first ribbon either of us get, so this Contest is something of a milestone, no?

At any rate, best of luck to you.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Okles, its fine by me Blademaster. So if you would?
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Veteran Trainer

(nods)

OK, go, Sumo Brother (Male Makuhita) and Skeleton Bee (Neutral Shedinja)!

(hurls 2 Pokeballs; the chubby, yellow, steroid-abusing Pikachu and tan, exoskeletal, zombie cicada pop out)

"Maku-makuhita!"

"..."

You're up, Ozzy!

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Super Moderator

I choose Ralts and Vicki Pollard! My delightful Duo!

Vicki, you're a slag, send a Lovely Kiss Makuhita's way!

Ralts, send a Thunderwave towards Shedinja!

Next up Vicki, Shadow Ball Shedninja! Then,

Ralts, if the fatty is asleep, DREAM EATER otherwise Psychic in beam form. Finish off with a Shockwave on Shedninja.

Vicki! Finish up with your own Dream Eater on Mahikuta, otherwise, use your own Psychic Beam.

Lovely Kiss - Shadow Ball - Dream Eater/Psychic

Thunderwave - Dream Eater/Psychic - Shockwave

Veteran Trainer

It's 'Shedinja' and 'Makuhita.' Learn to spell properly, dammit!

(smacks with a wet noodle)

Sumo, Bee, start off with a pair of Faint Attacks to dodge those pesky status-inducing moves and inflict some Super-Effective damage at the same time.

Now, Sumo, when Vicki launches a Shadow Ball, try to get between it and Bee - you can take Ghost attacks better than it can - and use a Fire Punch! If that counts as two actions, then just Fire Punch.

Bee, same thing: Try and get between Sumo Bro and that Psychic, and then blast Ralts with your own Shadow Ball (Or just Shadow Ball it if that's two actions.).

Finally, Bee, there's no avoiding that Shock Wave, so... Use Aerial Ace! That's your fastest move; use it to land on Vicki's head so she gets shocked, too! If Aerial Ace isn't fast enough, then just use it to attack Vicki as normal.

Meanwhile, Bro, while all this is going on, there's gonna be a Psychic coming your way. If that Psychic manages to hit you, strike back at Vicki with Revenge. If Shock Wave causes her to miss, then use a dizzying Dynamicpunch on her instead.

Move (Sumo): Faint Attack (ATK Vicki), Fire Punch ( Block Ralts and ATK Vicki), Revenge (ATK Vicki)
    Sub (Sumo): ----------------------------, Fire Punch (ATK Vicki), Dynamicpunch (ATK Vicki)

Move (Bee): Faint Attack (ATK Ralts), Shadow Ball (Block Vicki and ATK Ralts), Aerial Ace (perch on Vicki's head)
    Sub (Bee): ----------------------------, Shadow Ball (ATK Ralts), Aerial Ace (ATK Vicki)

(BTW, I'm sure this is obvious, but 'ATK' = 'attack. )

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

-~*Blademaster VS Andrew*~-
    ∞}|February Contest|{∞

Round One
    ------*2-2~2-2*------

Banned Moves: None.

Clay floor, indoors, audience on three sides. The arena quite big enough for those larger Pokémon out there, should you choose to use 'em.

Sumo Brother Makuhita | Skeleton Bee Shedinja
    Trained by: Blademaster
    HP:
    100% | HP: 100%
    Energy: 100% | Energy: 100%
    -:Attacks:-
    Faint Attack/Fire Punch/Revenge | Faint Attack/Shadow Ball/Aerial Ace

OzRalts Ralts | Vicki Pollard Jynx
    Trained by: Andrew
    HP:
    100% | HP: 100%
    Energy: 100% | Energy: 100%
    -:Attacks:-
    Thunder Wave/Psychic/Shockwave | Lovely Kiss/Shadow Ball/Psychic

------******------

Okles so now it's onto the battle of uber doom! Why uber doom? Cause it's a 'see how much you can pound your opponent into the ground in five rounds' match. So Blademaster releases his Makuhita and Shedinja. Andrew in turn releases his Ralts and Jynx.

First off OzRalts and Vicki try to send their opponents into status land. They refuse the invitation and promptly vanish into the ethers of . . . inter dimensional space. Yes, there. They say hi to Palkia on the way. They reappear and slam into their respective targets. Oz is sent flying while Vicki s shoved a little and looks annoyed.

Next Sumo jumps in front of Bee and give the 'you can't hurt me niah' look. He waits and watches as Vikie, (being the faster of them all by quite a bit, how odd) powers up her Shadow Ball and fires. It slams into Sumo and he grunts, cause it did hurt, sending his muscles into painful spasms. Bee then takes his place in front of Sumo just in time. The blue beam slams into him and he twitches and makes a quiet but high pitched keening sound. That done Sumo runs at Vicki and slams her one, his fist ablaze. Bee, not to be outdone, powers up his own Shadow ball and sends it cruising for OzRalts. It explodes and Oz is again sent flying, and he shakily gets up.

Now Bee zips and glows a white colour as he speeds for Vicki. She meanwhile is ignoring this and fires a beam of Psychic energy. It slices through the air and slams into Sumo. He yells in pain and collapses, the blue energy surrounding him and causing havoc in his bodily systems. Bee has made it to Vicki and promptly sits on her head. She swats at him in annoyance, but is then jigging on the spot. She and Bee are getting fried from a Shockwave that was sent by her own partner. She turns to yell at OzRalts when she is sent flying by an uppercut to her face. She yelps and falls over, looking up to see a very irate Sumo.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Sumo Brother Makuhita | Skeleton Bee Shedinja
    Trained by: Blademaster
    HP:
    74% | HP: 85%
    Energy: 88% | Energy: 92%

OzRalts Ralts | Vicki Pollard Jynx
    Trained by: Andrew
    HP:
    72% | HP: 70%
    Energy: 91% | Energy: 90%

Sumo got 8% damage from the Shadow Ball and 18% damage from the Psychic. Bee got 9% from the Psychic and 6% from the Shockwave.

OzRalts got 12% from the Faint Attack and 16% from the Shadow Ball. Viki got max damage possible 30%, 12% from the Faint Attack, 16% from the Fire Punch. There was 2% left over but the other attacks would have done 12% (Revenge) and 6% (Shockwave).

Blademaster posts attacks first.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Super Moderator

Jeeze, that didn't go well at ALL. AT ALL. So there are damage caps of 30% per round per pokemon?