Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The March Contest! FINALS UP

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default The March Contest! FINALS UP

Time for a very special contest as we enter March! This is hosted by myself, Chris 2.0, who will be guiding you through what we can only describe as a first in the contest set-up.

We need 10 people for this contest.

The arena is a big, outdoor stadium. The audience sit in an arcing U shape around a grassy field where the Pokemon perform. The sun is very bright.

Now then a lot of the contents of this contest are being kept under wraps from all.

For the first stage we are doing a standard 3-attack appeal. We will be losing four of you in this first round. Details of Round 2 will be up when Round 1 has finished

Impress me!

Participants:
    -Elec Man EXE
    -Weasel Overlord
    -River
    -Dragonis
    -Charles Legend
    -Mega Horny
    -Silencer
    -Andrew
    -Negrek
    -Hypotenuse Man
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 18th April 2007 at 10:14 AM.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The March Contest!

We allowed to reserve a spot? As I said in my absence post, I don't really have much time at all to do anything this week (and you would have to start the Safari Zone now, wouldn't you ), but I'd as always love to partake in the contesty goodness. Especially a "ground-breaking" contest. Plus I've been waiting for an outdoor stadium.

If reserving a spot is cool, then count me in. If not, then best of luck to the rest.
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I won't miss another contest! *bags a place* I'm gonna use one of my favourite pokemon! ^_^

My male Arcanine, Aelethil Dwin'arnith!

First Ael, I want you to take advantage of that suns power, and use a Fire Blast! Then, use Extremespeed to dash towards it, and finally leap through the centre of the fire blast enveloped in a Flame Wheel to come to a graceful landing on the other side, as the flames fade away.

~Fire Blast ~Extremespeed (towards the blast) ~Flame Wheel (leap through the centre of the blast enveloping yourself with the flames of the wheel)

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Me's want a go please! If you don't mind that is. ^^'. Okie, I will be using my male Chimecho, Objects in Space.

Okles Space, let's live up to your Chimey name. If there are any trees about attach to one, if not no biggie. First I want you use Icy Wind to blow through the arena. Make it go by infront of you and pretend to be 'blown' along with it. The second you got it going, just like your dex description, I want you to use a combo of Heal Bell and Psywave. The first to make a pleasent chime or bell, whichever, and the last to send out 'ultrasonic' waves with your cry.

Icy Wind/Heal Bell and Psywave
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

yes Elec, you can

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Quite shadow Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'd like to reserve a spot as well, I got to go to work right now.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Go Brock (male Shiny Pineco) hit the stage

Ok Brock Lay down a layer of Spikes, then Rapid Spin to throw them in to the air then finsh tis Appeal off by firing off a round of Pin Missle at the spikes...

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Sorry -- Am I allowed to participate in more than one contest at once if I use different Pokemon? If so, I'm reserving a place. If not, please don't destroy me.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yea you can.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Alright, go, Sondermüll, my male Muk! In this appeal, we're going to be demonstrating our impressive amounts of control.

Begin with an Earthquake, and go for creating a series of cracks in the ground without them reaching the audience. Then, use your Acid Armor to seep down into the myriad of cracks. Finally, use a very weak explosion to send the separated liquid blobs of yourself flying out of the ground, so that they can reform climactically. This will also hopefully send chunks of earth and debris flying up, and create a cloud of dust (without coming to close to the audience) and then, when the dust clears, the audience will be amazed to see a completely reformed Muk. With no health.

Student of Activity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll enter to, with Kyodaigumo, my female Ariados.

Alright Kyo, I want you to start by sending a spider web straight up. Then try to maintain it with a psychic grip and spin it around as fast as you can without destroying it. When it's up to his speed, release the psychic and immediatly shoot out a rapid fire poison sting. They should be glittering by the intense sun and with pieces of webbing shining in the light, it should also give a nice effect.

How do you deal with unexpected pregnancies?

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I'm reserving a spot to fix up when I get home from work today

Edit:

I choose OzWheeze!

OzWheeze my male Wheezing is fantastic! I want you to start off by firing off bits of a sludge bomb or sludge or acid, whatever will work in your opinion into the shape of a star onto the ground below you.

Next, use a Will-o-Wisp to ignite the flames into a burning star!

Finish off with a Fire Blast in the middle of the flaming star to turn it into one great big firey star!
    Last edited by Andrew; 1st March 2007 at 04:08 AM.

Slugma Extraordinaire Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I'll use my male shiny gastly, lorefel, to begin.

Lorefel! Use a haze attack, then spread your gaseous body out to melt back into the sinister fog so that only your eyes and big gin are visible. Then use a widespread psywave to stir the mist around into crazy and disturbing patterns (and maybe fill it with some flashes of color, too, if your psywave does that) while you sing an eerie perish song. Don't make the psywave strong enough to rip the haze apart, just powerful enough to keep it moving.

Haze ~ Psywave + Perish Song
    Last edited by Negrek; 1st March 2007 at 03:37 PM.
    Avatar made by Jade Dragonair. Thanks very much, JD!

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll participate.

I'll start with my male Torkoal, Force Cross Radius. Force, start by cloaking yourself in Smokescreen. Then, create a Fire Spin around you that gradually envelops the smoke. Finally, create a huge Eruption coming out of the top of the fiery vortex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Advanced Trainer

For this contest I'll be sending out my little leprechaun, Silent Bob (shiny Mr. Mime).

Alright Bob, start off shooting out a flury of Magical Leafs. Then (Before the Leafs have a chance to hit the ground) use Psychic to from the shape of a shamrock with them. Make sure the shamrock is up high enough so the audience can see it. After that fire a rainbow colored Psybeam through the shamrock before arching it to the ground. Sense your a psychic type you shouldn't have too much trouble doing that many things at once.

~Magical Leaf~Psychic~Psybeam~

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Just waiting on Elec Man now.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Ack!!

Naturally, we finally get an outdoor arena and I can't use my planned appeal because its a bit similar to another contestant's.

But I guess I'll save it. For this appeal, I'm going to use Celeste, my female Hypno. Ok Celeste, get ready. Start off by using Future Sight, set the charge to go off as you motion you're hand toward the spot at the end of your appeal, a few yards in front of you. That done, I want you to ignite your fist with Fire Punch and draw a circle of flames in the grass around yourself. Then, hold an open palm near the ground in the middle of the circle, and pass a Thunder Wave through it and outward in a radial patern, so that the tendrils of electricity pass through the flames (like the spokes of a wheel). And for the finalle, raise your hand and wave it toward the spot where you set your Future Sight. It should go off at that point (since thats when you set it to go off) and appear as though you triggered it with your spell circle.

Future Sight ~ Fire Punch ~ Thunder Wave
    Master of Electricity

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

The March Contest

Hosted by Chris 2.0

He’s really cool.Honest.

It was March. The darkened skies were clearing and today, in a sunny mid-morning, a contest was held. The audience sat in gently rising semi-circular seating in the pleasant sun before a grassy space for the Pokemon to perform. Alf, ASB’s resident Janitor, had done a fine job cutting the grass, although a decision had been made that, despite his efforts he did not deserve a pay rise. Alf subsequently shaved a rude word in an area of the Safari Zone in protest.

The first contestant walked onto the grass to a cheer; Weasel Overlord was loved by all, liked by some and hated by none. The proud bearer of the June Ribbon, Weasel came today to win.

Weasel Overlord
    Aelethil the Arcanine [M]

Fire Blast – Extremespeed – Flame Wheel

Arcanine gave a roar. Paws firmly pressed against the soft grass the lithe canine opened his jaws wide, and between his curved, pointed fangs a swirling vortex of fire burst forth. A katana symbol of enraptured fire swept across the arena, charring some of the grass. In no time, the Arcanine sped through the arena, a silvery trail blazing behind him. He was racing up to the destructive fire force and, leaping, tore into it as fire swirled all around his body. The fiery shell burst the flaming symbol and as Arcanine landed, swathed in ruby-red flame, embers fell among him before losing their life and colour.

Score: 8.2
    A great appeal to open things up with. It did have the potential to be much better. Why? I felt flame wheel wasn’t necessary since there was a bit too much fire. If Arcanine had done something different while bursting through the fire attack it might have been cooler. Nevertheless this was a good one; you demonstrated Arcanine’s speed traits and its firepower very nicely.

River
    Objects in Space the Chimecho [M]

Icy Wind – Heal Bell + Psywave

The little Chimecho hovered in mid-air. The audience watched its simple shape as it summoned a gentle, biting wind. The swirling wind curved past Chimecho and he gave a soft flicker, as if tempted to move but choosing not to. Following that, his tail fluttered and a soft, bell-like chime rang through the arena. As this happened, pulsating waves of a soft, lavender energy gently swam through the air.

Score: 8.0
    A tough one to score. It was really good, very inventive use of attacks and sequencing. It also mimicked Chimecho’s natural characteristics, which I love. There isn’t much to say, but during the appeal I was tempted to mark it much higher and much lower as I mused. Maybe because of the uniqueness I faced a difficult decision. But my result stays; 8 is a fine score for an appeal. Well done.

Charles Legend
    Brock the Pineco [M]

Spikes – Rapid Spin – Pin Missile

Pineco gave a thick cry as he leapt up, spitting a number of thick, ugly spikes up and spraying them around the arena. They landed all over. Pineco began to spin fast, spinning like a demented top as the nearby spikes were whipped up and hurtled into the air. As they twirled, Pineco aimed carefully and blasted a series of flashing silver pins to clatter and duel against the spikes in the sky.

Score: 6.6
    There’s nothing wrong with the appeal. I think it works well. But it’s been done quite a lot and almost exactly like that in a very recent month. Try adding something more dangerous to the appeal instead of staying in a safety zone.

Mega Horny
    Sondermüll the Muk [M]

Earthquake – Acid Armour – Explosion

Muk was big and gloopy and yet had a very solid, firm body. It was mysterious. Such an unusual creature caught the attention of the crowd straight away. Muk’s large, throbbing fingers on his rounded hands slammed hard into the ground, but this caused pain and confusion. Turning to his trainer, Muk looked confused, trying again to split the earth. It did not work. The creature, undeterred, pressed himself deeper to the earth, melding and disappearing from sight. The audience looked on. A rumble occurred and there was a tumultuous explosion; a white light erupted from nowhere as a cloud of dust rose. The dust settled, and an exhausted Muk stood there, panting.

Score: 5.0
    My Pokedex states that Muk cannot learn earthquake. If it had......wow. That would have been one of the best appeals I'd seen in a long time. Unfortunately it wasn't. The acid armour/explosion was actually good in itself; but the fact that it was not your entire appeal, and that your plan did not work meant you could only achieve so much.

Silencer
    Kyodaigumo the Ariados [F]

Spider Web – Psychic – Poison Sting

The Ariados gave a threatening click. It hissed softly and held both its rear and its fanged mouth up. Spining fantastically it created a round cobweb-shaped webbing from the sticky solution that looks the same despite what end it emerges from. The web was created and held aloof with a psychic glow. The web was looking like some sort of spooky pizza as it was gently spun. It sparkled as Ariados blasted a series of shiny barbs up into the air. Some tore into the web; some were caught; either way, a veil of tarnished silk and shimmering stingers fell upon the creepy Pokemon.

Score: 7.1
    It was inventive in its approach; you looked carefully at the moves Ariados can learn, but I don’t think it worked well. It seemed awkward in places. I think spider web is an excellent move for appeals, but not in this context. Similarly, I think that the psychic and poison sting could work in a cool appeal, but not with spider web.

OzAndrew
    OzWheez

Sludge Bomb – Will-O-Wisp – Fire Blast

OzWeez hovered above the grassy arena, opening wide and firing thick sloppy pellets of sludge. They splattered in place as the round ball of gas arranged a star shape. The people sitting higher up could see the shape clearer than those sitting lower down, but it was evident that star was created. An odd smell filled the air. Weezing gave a grunt as little blue flames popped up around him. They melded into a huge fireball and were catapulted towards the sludgy star. The star went up in beautiful periwinkle flames, glowing brightly against the sunny sky. Weezing matched the sight by unleashing a fire blast; the fiery symbol of power slammed into the star with a flash; the reds, golds, purples and blues melded together to perform a fantastic star shape that danced beneath the eerie Weezing.

Score: 9.6
    Not only one of your best appeals to date, one of the best I've seen on the contest circut since we started. You used colour, a bit of science (toxins + fire = good) and a good use of Weezing’s moveset. I scored it that high because I honestly feel that given the Pokemon’s moveset you can’t do much better than that. Well done..

Negrek
    Lorefel the Gastly [M+]

Haze – Psywave – Perish Song

Gastly eyeballed the audience. His general appearance was not as good in the daytime. The sunbeams shone through his entity. However he did his best to create a thick, furling haze. Soon he was obstructed by a shadowy veil. From there, bright rings pulsated and flashed from his body as they wound from the darkness. Gastly was using a similar move that Chimecho did, but the effects could not be more different. This was scary. As the rings illuminated the blackened haze, a horrible, screeching song filled the air, chilling all whose hearing aids were turned to the T position. The haze lifted, and the round, ghostly Gastly gave a smile.

Score: 6.8
    Hmm I think in a dark room this would be awesome; it reminds me of drum ‘n’ bass with trippy lights and smoke and horrible music. But in a sunny field? Hmm we didn’t quite get the effect. Apart from that you did a fantastic job.

Hypotenuse Man
    Force Cross Radius the Torkoal [M]

Smokescreen – Fire Spin – Eruption

The Torkoal leapt out and gave a heaving cough. Smoke billowed out from the Pokemon’s shell, wandering aimlessly around the arena. In a swift movement, Torkoal spat a swirling vortex of flame that gathered up the smoke and ash. The flaming snake wound up and around Torkoal before settling at the tip of its shell; subsequently the tortoise shuddered and gave a cry as a painful blast of molten lava erupted from his shell; the force blasted the fire from fire spin and the smoke to the ground in a powerful force as the eruption tore high into the sky.

Score: 8.8
    Very nice. It was good to use a ‘signature move’ (hardly any Pokemon learn eruption) and also the way in which you used all the attacks together. Good work.

Dragonis
    Silent Bob the Mr Mime [M+]

Magical Leaf – Psychic – Psybeam

The green mime leapt out; straight away Andrew screamed in protest with his two Mr Mimes. They were angry. Nobody cared, not even Alf, the Janitor. This leprechaun-esque Mime swung his hands and summoned a myriad of large, flashing leaves. They flickered in mid-air as he enraptured them with a bright glow, forming a large, green shamrock. The leaves sparkled in unison. Next, focusing hard, Mr Mime blasted a rainbow-coloured beam up; it arched through the Shamrock and back to the ground, ending the appeal.

Score: 8.2
    Ok that might seem like a high score for a standard levitation appeal. Well guess what, you deserve it! Ok the concept is so so so overdone but you worked wonders with it, the irish theme (shamrock, rainbow/psybeam etc) just really impressed me. Thanks!

Elec Man EXE
    Celeste the Hypno [F]

Future Sight -- Fire Punch -- Thunder Wave

Celeste has recently evolved, standing there proudly in the bright sunlight. In fact…the sun was so bright that Celeste’s fist seemed to catch on fire. The flames grew and grew as Celeste crouched and swung her fist around; the fire ignited some of the grass and a circle was drawn around the Hypno. The area grew in size; now the flames had risen to the Pokemon’s stomach, in a neat circle around her body. She held her palm down and a crackle of electricity was unleashed; the sparks jutted out like little bolts, pushing through the violent flames as they rose higher.

At that point, a manic glint appeared in Celeste’s eye and sudden bolts of blue light burst down from the skies. They peppered the ground, causing a fantastic series of fireworks as they melded with the flames and the crackling thunder.

Score: 9.0
    The first action confused me a little, with the fire punch. But the effect at the end was great with the future sight hitting. All the different colours melding together was really good. That was a great appeal! Stick with spontenuity!

Wow. Guys seriously, that was a fantastic batch of appeals. You’re all getting pretty good at this! Hehe. I was very impressed with you all.

Scores

OzAndrew – 9.6
    Elec Man EXE – 9.0
    Hypotenuse Man – 8.8
    Weasel Overlord – 8.2
    Dragonis – 8.2
    River – 8.0

----------------

Silencer – 7.1
    Negrek – 6.8
    Charles Legend – 6.6
    Mega Horny – 5.0

Therefore River Mega Horny, Silencer, Negrek and Charles are eliminated! Sorry guys! The competition has been fierce this month.

And now, for you 6 second-rounders, the details of Round 2

For Round 2 you are being paired into three teams of two. With your partner you have ten days to work on a double appeal, which must be posted in this topic on Sunday the 18th of March or you will be disqualified. You can use any of your Pokemon that you choose.

Remember:
    -Try to pick Pokemon that suit each other. Natu and Wailord = no. Similar species (cats, dogs, etc) or similar colours, maybe? Parts of a set (ie: eeveelutions, Hitmons, starters, fossils etc etc) or same types.
    -Try not to hurt the opponent. That comes in Round 3.
    -Look at other Double-Appeal contests for help and tips on what worked well and what didn’t.

The pair that get the highest appeal score will go head to head in a 5-round match!

Pairings:

OzAndrew & Weasel Overlord

Elec Man EXE & Hypotenuse Man

Dragonis & River

Remember, only 10 days!
    Last edited by The Blue Avenger; 7th March 2007 at 08:32 PM.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Wah hee! We's made it through! ^^ I'll admit you gave me a minor heart attack there Chris as I was in the getthroughies list, and yet right under it, in the kickouties . . . Lol, either way, yay! ^^ Now come hither Dragonis and we shall ponder . . .
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Super Moderator

Hoorah! Perhaps someone could go and pick some of the best and worst appeals and contest moments (Vicki Pollard using Flash?) into a contest discussion thread? Come on Weasel, we can do it! I enjoyed beating you in the Tourney last year though.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hmm we could have a discussion in the general chat thread.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

But I loved Charles' own Pokemon attacking him for an appeal... I cracked up... a LOT.

Advanced Trainer

Ah, it worked. Excellent. BTW, the inspiration came from a good number of RPG's (particularly the Tales' games), where when someone casts a spell a rune-like circle appears on the ground below them. The intent was to mimic that effect, and have the Future Sight as the resaulting spell. I've always liked that effect, so I thought I'd try and translate it to an appeal.

Hypotenuse Man, eh? Should work out well, methinks. Working with another contest appealer is a cool idea, you weren't kidding when you said it'd be groundbreaking.
    Master of Electricity

Super Moderator

For this appeal I will be using my Male Venusaur OzVenusaur and Weasel will be using her Female Tropicus Arith.

First off, Venusaur will use a shallow Frenzy Plant to create a love heart in the ground around our two Pokemon. Tropicus will follow up by using Leech seed on the Frenzy Plant so that it'll sprout forwarth some new love.

Secondly, our Pokemon will release a Petal Dance (Venu) and Razor Leaf (Tropy) Skyward.

Finally, Tropicus will create a heart shaped outline using Magical Leaf for their accuracy properties whilst Venusaur will fire a Solarbeam through the loveheart Magical Leaf for a nice finich.

Thus ends out appeal of LOVE!

Advanced Trainer

Ok then, Hypotenuse Man and I have worked out our appeal, and here it is. For our "Appeal of the Ancients", he'll be using his Omastar, The New Age Retro Hippie, and I'll be using my Kabutops, Equinox. Both male.

Alright. To start off, Equinox is going to encase himself in a Rock Tomb, naturally being careful not to hurt himself. Shouldn't be too hard, being a Rock type should grant him ample control over it. Then, Retro Hippie will simulate the ice age by encasing the tomb in snow and ice using Blizzard. Next up Equinox will smash through the tomb using Brick Break and let out a triumphant cry, while Omastar unleashes a Bubblebeam above the two of them. While the bubbles glisten in the sun, New Age Retro Hippie will use Ancientpower to raise the shattered and snow-coated Rock Tomb up near to the bubbles. Once the rocks are in position, Kabutops will use Confuse Ray to create a nice reflective light show for the finishing touch.

Equinox - Rock Tomb (self) ~ Brick Break ~ Confuse Ray
    The New Age Retro Hippie - Blizzard ~ Bubblebeam ~ Ancientpower
    Master of Electricity

Super Moderator

TBA, why did you edit the appeal round?

Also, time is drawing to a close for our final team! Pls get eliminated!

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Andrew, I edited this part:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 2.0 View Post
    Therefore River Mega Horny, Silencer, Negrek and Charles are eliminated! Sorry guys! The competition has been fierce this month.
    Originally, it read that River had been eliminated. Since that wasn't true, I went ahead and fixed it for Chris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Advanced Trainer

For this 'Cold Front Apeal' River and I will both send out our female Sneasels. River's is named Darkwind while mine goes by Hailee.

To start off Darkwind will freeze a patch of ground with Ice Beam while Hailee starts a short Hailstorm. Then Darkwind will use Swords Dance on the frozen ground. She should start spining fast enough to start sucking up the Hail into the vortex. After Darkwind has started to spin Hailee will shoot a weak Blizzard into the the forming twister. Once there is a white tornado surrounding Darkwind, both Sneasels will use Sunny Day so that it gets super bright and all of the ice will gliter in the light.

Darkwind~Ice Beam~Swords Dance~Sunny Day~
    Hailee~Hail~Blizzard~Sunny Day~

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

The March Contest

Hosted by Chris 2.0

He’s really cool.Honest.

The top coordinators were selected and paired up. The challenge: come up with a double appeal together in their pairs and make it through to the finals. The coordinators wandered off for a few moments to create their appeals and came back proudly.

OzAndrew and Weasel Overlord
    Venusaur [M] and Tropius [F]
    &
    Frenzy Plant/Leech SeedPetal Dance/Razor LeafMagical Leaf/Solarbeam

Venusaur and Tropius made a nice pairing as they emerged from their Pokeballs. Smashing his front legs into the earth Venusaur sent a swarming collection of thick, thorned vines up from out the ground and around the two in a heart shape. Tropius then proceeded to fire off small seeds that latched onto the plants and sprouted slightly. Next the two Pokemon looked up. Venusaur fired off a collection of soft, pinkened petals as Tropius unleashed the barrage of sharp dark leaves. They swirled up into the air romantically. Finally, as Venusaur unleashed the bright magical leaves, they formed a heart shape around the two Pokemon. Tropius blasted a solarbeam forward through the leaves to end the appeal.

Score: 9.0
    A very good appeal. You used the Pokemon well together and built on each others attacks and ideas well throughout. The Pokemon paired up nicely and the attacks all displayed the properties of grass type Pokemon.

Elec Man EXE and The Blue Avenger
    Kabutops [M] and Omastar [F]
    &
    Rock Tomb/BlizzardBrick Break/BubblebeamConfuse Ray/Ancientpower

The two Pokemon, like those previous, looked spectacular together as they emerged to show off. Most of the audience members hadn’t even seen these Pokemon before. Kabutops gave a shrill cry as it raised its sickles above its head. Large, rounded tombstones jutted out from the earth at various angles, their points meeting above Kabutops and encasing the fossil inside. Meanwhile Omastar opened wide and blasted a freezing cannon of blistering ice and frost. This glazed over the rocky tomb and made it look sparkling and pretty. With a deafening cry there was a heavy smash; Kabutops managed to smash his way out of the large tomb, shattering some rock around him as he rose up. Omastar then fired off an array of big, rounded bubbles; they glistened and sparkled as Kabutops landed. Omastar concentrated hard, picking up the small fragments of rock and raising them among the large bubbles. Kabutops blasted a purple ray up; it reflected off the bubbles and shimmered in the sun, creating an interesting effect.

Score: 8.7
    It was a cool appeal but some parts got complicated. One instance was the rock tomb idea; my idea of a rock tomb is that rocks jut out from underground at a sharp angle all around; this encases the foe (or user) in a ‘tomb’ comprised of large rocks. But your direction indicated you wanted the entire tomb shattered, and I think that would have been hard. Nevertheless the appeal worked well. You used some rock and water moves to demonstrate both Pokemon’s characteristics and you did a very good job. My only qualm; Omastar felt a little shunted to the side in this.

Dragonis and River
    Snesel [F] and Sneasel [F]
    &
    Ice Beam/HailSwords Dance/BlizzardSunny Day/Sunny Day

The two suspicious looking Sneasel, each alike in malice were released and their pairing was rather quirky and interesting. One fired off a pearly-white beam of frosted ice; it hit the ground and created a rough icy patch before them both. The second raised her claws, commanding a fierce hailstorm. The audience watched on as the hail fell from the sky. Then a Sneasel began to spin frantically; a vortex picked up and ghostly, algae-green swords bobbed up and down as the nearby hail and a powerful blizzard attack were swept into the vortex. Finally both Sneasel summoned the sun; clouds parted and bright pulsating rays reflected the spinning ice vortex as the appeal ended.

Score: 8.0
    Projectile appeals never fail to look good, but due to their increase in use it’s not as good for getting a high score. However despite this you didn’t have long and you did explore a regular convention so you do deserve some credit. A major problem here was (I felt) that one Sneasel was inside the vortex while the other simply acted from outside. It was very separate and would have been nice if they had worked with each other (ie: Andrews appeal).

So! With that I declare the finalists to be Andrew and Weasel Overlord! This will be a 5-round, 1-1 match. You can pick either Pokemon you have used thus far in the contest. There are no banned moves and we will battle in this sunny outdoor stadium!

Andrew posts first
    WO attacks first!
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 17th March 2007 at 05:35 PM.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Chairman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

*sighs* I definitely need to participate in the April contest. I just started ASB, so is it okay to enter next month's contest, or do I need points to be a part? (Contests are less my thing, since I have a hard time winning them in the games, but it looks like this sort of thing is fun!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak
    Ever wonder what it'd be like if a person who could barely speak English were to rom-hack one of the Pokemon games, replace the characters, plot, and Pokemon with ones of his own creation, while at the same time making a terrible mockery of the English language as a whole?

Of course not. Because that'd suck really, really hard. Unfortunately, even though you didn't think about it, this guy did.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

These contests are way more fun than the game ones There will be signups in April but get in quick! They're popular!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Close, but not close enough. Still was a unique experience, and I'm glad I got to take part.

But hey, whats this about shunting going on? Nothing wrong with a supporting role.
    Master of Electricity

Super Moderator

Well Wheezing did such a good singular appeal, one of my best marks ever, he can come on out ! OzWheeze!

It was good to work with you, now I have to beat you Weasel!

Thanks for the reffing so far Chris

Elite Trainer

Let's have a replay of our old match, Andrew! I choose Aelethil Dwin'arnith, my male Arcanine! ^_^

Aely, I want you to start off with a Safeguard to protect from any poisons! Follow up with a Swift and finish the round with an Iron Tail!

~Safeguard ~Swift ~Iron Tail

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Super Moderator

I knew you'd use dear old Arcanine! Let's see how it goes all over again!

Taunt to stop that safeguard and then follow up with a Sludge Bomb and finish off by using a Poison gas from below to rocket yourself up and avoid that Iron Tail.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

THE MARCH 2007 CONTEST
    FINALS! ROUND ONE

Andrew and Weasel Overlord, after fighting together to make it to the finals faced off against each other in a fantastic contest battle. Who will walk away with the ribbon?

Andrew
    Weezing - M

100% HP | 100% Energy
    Taunt -- Sludge Bomb -- Poison Gas

VS

Weasel
    Arcanine - [M]

100% HP | 100% Energy
    Safeguard -- Swift -- Iron Tail

BEGIN!

Arcanine glowed as a dome-like shield ermerged around him. Weezing began barking a series of taunts. However Arcanine kept the shield up; unfortunately, due to the taunts, it was not of the same strength as a normal shield would be.

Undeterred, Arcanine opened his jaws and blasted a series of spinning golden stars through the air. They whizzed and swept up, slashing into Weezing, who retalliated by opening wide and firing off a series of exploding sludge pellets. Arcanine was struck by them and hurled back, hurt.

Leaping out of the damage, Arcanine gathered speed as his tail shimmered a metallic colour. He leapt up, swinging his body around - at the same time, Weezing opened wide and blasted a mass of gas down to try and project himself. However this attempt failed, causing Weezing to be smashed into by the iron tail and hurled to the ground.

END!

Andrew
    Weezing - M

87% HP | 90% Energy
    Attack First

VS

Weasel
    Arcanine - [M]

93% HP | 84% Energy
    Safeguard Active: 2 rounds left
    Attack Second

Notes

-Safeguard was used before the taunts began; hence it working, but not quite. It will go down at the end of round three

-The poison gas idea was clever, but didn't work. Here's why: Weezing cannot disperse gas in a high pressure fashion like a fire extinguisher due to its large, gaping mouth. As seen in the anime the gas literally crawls out its mouth: think smoke from a smoke machine. Propelling oneself might be easier with say, flamethrower or water gun (both have been sucessful in the anime). Unfortunately gas doesnt have the force needed to propel.

Any other questions please ask.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

Screech that dog down and then blast a Sludge Bomb around the arena so it makes it hard for him to move. Corner him in. Finish off by using a shockwave

Elite Trainer

Okay Aely, begin with a Howl! Block out that nasty screeching noise. Follow that up by igniting the sludge with a well-aimed Flamethrower. Then use an Extremespeed to leap over any flames that are in your way and attack Weezing!

~Howl ~Flamethrower ~Extremespeed

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

THE MARCH 2007 CONTEST
    FINALS! Round Two

Andrew
    Weezing - M

87% HP | 90% Energy
    Screech -- Sludge Bomb (Around foe) -- Shock Wave

VS

Weasel
    Arcanine - [M]

93% HP | 84% Energy
    Safeguard Active: 2 rounds left
    Howl -- Flamethrower -- Extremespeed

BEGIN!

Weezing's little fetus-like spawn opened its mouth and began a horriffic screech. The audience covered their ears in pain as the sound waves rang off the walls. Arcanine, however, was drowning the sound out with a mighty howl. He was boosting his own attack and helping fight off the sound.

Next Weezing opened his larger mouth, firing off numerous pellets of thick, smelly sludge. They splattered down all around Arcanine, penning him in. He examined the radius of sludge and opted for a flamethrower; the furious, curling flames ignited and began to burn the sludge. Arcanine then leapt powerfully up and over the flames as they burned lower; Arcanine dealt a fantastic smash right into Weezing, who retalliated with a cage of crackling sparks that shocked Arcanine furiously.

END!

Andrew
    Weezing - M

79% HP | 79% Energy
    Attack Second

VS

Weasel
    Arcanine - [M]

86% HP | 71% Energy
    Safeguard Active: 1 round left
    Attack +1
    Attack First

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Elite Trainer

Okay Ael, lets take advantage of that little lead we have! Start things off with a Fire Spin to trap Weezing! Feed more flames into the vortex with a Flamethrower, and finally use a Flame Wheel to knock it out of the air!

~Fire Spin ~Flamethrower ~Flame Wheel

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?