Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The April Contest!

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default The April Contest!

Welcome to the April Contest!

Quite frankly April is the best month EVA! You know why? Because my birthday is in it.

This time for April, we're doing pre-admissions so we can get it all done quickly, but with a twist. ANYONE can enter. No limit on who can sign-up. Just post here with your appeal before April 1 ends and you're in.

Just post: Your Pokemon (I don't care about it's stupid mythology based Nickname either)
    It's Appeal
    Your Theme Song (No stupid Anime/Game soundtracks)
    Your favourite type of hat.

There will be a Top 10 doing HYPER appeals for Round 2!

You'll only have a week after the first round to post.

The final round will involve a 3 way melee battle.

THE ARENA:

http://www.2pi.info/travel/qld05/p1314623_r.jpg At night.

So it's the beach at night. 9pm. There are some lights around, but you're facing the audience with your back to the ocean.
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 18th April 2007 at 10:23 AM.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: April's AWESOME Contest. (UNLIMITED SIGNUPS BEFORE APRIL!)

I don't care about it's stupid mythology based Nickname eithe
    Shut up.

I choose Thor, my male Ampharos.

Start off by Charging, with the dark sky up, it should make a nice display. Then set loose a Zap Cannon in the sky so it falls back down again. Finally, jump up and smash it with Thunderpunch so that it explodes.

Charge - Zap Cannon - Thunderpunch

Song: These Walls - Dream Theatre
    Hat: High hat.
    Last edited by MeLoVeGhOsTs; 25th March 2007 at 09:07 AM.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Righty-o, I'm using my female Wailord, Moby Tank.

Moby Tank, begin by staying underwater and using a Whirlpool. Next, use Water Spout while ascending so the water comes straight out of the center of the whirlpool, as do you. Finish with a Blizzard so that the water spout freezes.

Theme Song: Jumpin' Jack Flash (The Rolling Stones)
    Favorite type of hat: Stovepipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Shweeee, another contest! I just can't resist these damn things, I swear!

Okay, for this, I'm gonna use Astarte, my female Houndoom.

Astarte, I want you to begin things with a Will-o-Wisp! Send the dancing flames outwards quickly, and then stoke the fires even more by using a Fire Spin to surround yourself in a fiery vortex! Finish up by threading a Swift in between the flames for a pretty starry finish!

~Will-o-Wisp (send flames outwards) ~Fire Spin (surround self in vortex) ~Swift (up into the vortex)

Theme Song: Keep Fishin', by Weezer
    Favourite Hat: A Fishing hat. Wahey!

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Unlimited signups? Rad. And a rare chance to use a water-bound pokemon for my appeal, so I think I'll take advantage of that.

I'll be using my male Huntail. Obviously, he'll be released into the water.

Alrighty Vortex (no mythology ). The pokedex states that you can light up the "eyes" on your tail. Since its a natural mechanism, you might be able to do it without wasting an action. If thats possible, then do so and keep it lit all appeal to add a bit of mystery and extra light. If not, then don't worry about it.

I want you to start off by using Waterfall to build up speed. Once you reach maximum velocity, I want you to use that speed to leap out of the water and into the air, as high as possible. After you get airborne, coil yourself into a circle with your head just above your tail. Once you're in position, I want you to blast out a full-force Hydro Pump, combined with a Confuse Ray. If all goes well, the pressure of the water will propell you, so that you spin around rapidly (like a vortex, if you will ). As you spin, the ray will shine and refract through the water. End resault being a nice spinning light show, which ought to be especially nice in the darkness.

Waterfall ~ Hydro Pump + Confuse Ray

Theme Song - Sugar We're Goin' Down - Fallout Boy (I'm sure you'll have a comment about this )
    Favorite Hat - A Fez
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

Quite shadow Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll sign up for this with Colombia my female shiny Aerodatcyl.

Alright Colombia start off by surrounding yourself with a Whirlwind before feeding a Flamethrower into the winds. You should be traped in the middle of a flameing tornado. Then use Sky Attack to break free of the tornado. If things go well, it should look like your being 'born' from the flames.

~Whirlwind~Flamethrower~Sky Attack~
    Theme Song- Ring of Fire- Jonny Cash
    Favorite Hat- a black Cowboy hat
    Last edited by Dragonis; 23rd March 2007 at 02:10 PM.

Banned

All right, since it's night, I'll use Oak, my male Shiftry.

Oak, use Double Team to create a few clones of yourself.

Then, use Extrasensory, to create an eerie, scary wave of psychic energy around you and the clones.

Finish off by using Explosion when everyone is least expecting it.

Theme song: "Whenever, Wherever" by Shakira

Favorite hat: A beret

Chairman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

All right, this might be my first big break in ASB! Unlimited sign-ups are WOO!

Since I only have four Pokemon(just a rookie ASBer) and I'm starting a battle with Hinoryu, I have to be careful who to choose.

*deep thoughts for a moment*

Okay, I'm going to be using Steve, my Magnemite, since it can probably work the best in this round.

(throws Pokeball) Go, Steve! (Magnemite appears.) All right, since this is our big debut, I want you to try to wow the judges! Start off with a Double Team to create clones of yourself, and try to form a circle with your clones. Then use a Shock Wave to create an aura of electricity around yourself, and finally finish off by firing a big-arse Thunder right in the middle of the circle!

EDIT: No game soundtranks? Aw, crap...

THEME SONG: "Forever Your Girl" by Paula Abdul (the only modern-day artist I love)
    HAT: Ash Ketchum's cap
    Last edited by Shuppet Master; 25th March 2007 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak
    Ever wonder what it'd be like if a person who could barely speak English were to rom-hack one of the Pokemon games, replace the characters, plot, and Pokemon with ones of his own creation, while at the same time making a terrible mockery of the English language as a whole?

Of course not. Because that'd suck really, really hard. Unfortunately, even though you didn't think about it, this guy did.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ok I'm using my Octillery [M]! Go!

Ok Octillery first I want you to use a bullet seed to create an 8-point star in the sand all around you, with you in the center. Next Spread a blizzard all around you so that the seeds freeze and sparkle in the moonlight. To finish off, use a flamethrower to melt all the ice and burn the seeds so we have you among a large, flaming star! If flamethrower is too weak then use fire blast.

Bullet Seed -- Blizzard -- Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Song: Dare - Gorillaz
    Hat: Balaclava

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

You must fear the Reaper! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll give this a try too. I'll send out Eddie, my shiny male Charmander.

Alright Eddie start off by hideing yourself from view with Smokescreen. Then, while no one can see you, hide underground with Dig. After that wait for the smoke to clear before launching yourself out of the ground with Flamethrower.

~Smokescreen~Dig~Flamethrower~
    Song- I Disappear- Mettalica
    Hat- black bandanna

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Well, since our Judge this month is His Royal Aussieness himself, I suppose that there's only one Pokemon that I can use.

Go, Yoshi, my (F) Lickitung!

(hurls Great Ball [which for some reason has 'Oz 4Evr' written on it in slightly faded permanent marker]; his trusty Lickitung pops out)

"Licki...!"

OK, Yoshi, as good as you are at elemental attacks, we're gonna instead use your two most prominent features in this Contest: Normalcy and your tongue. Here's the plan:

First, find yourself some stable ground to stand on, and then use Swords Dance to spin around as fast as you can; while you're still spinning, lash out your tongue as though you were Licking something, but don't aim at anyone or anything. Just let your tongue twirl around with you like a streamer, or a propellor. Spin as fast and as much as you can...

...And then, stop dead, throw back your head, and fire a Swords Dance-uuber-boosted Hyper beam straight up into the night sky!

Move: Tung Twister (Swords Dance + Lick), Hyper Beam

Theme Song: 'White and Nerdy' - Weird Al Yankovic
    Favorite Hat: Metal Cap

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Gotta jump in this one...April is my Birthday to

And for it i will choose....my Sneasel (f) which has no nickname, mythological or otherwise.

Start out by being all dark and sneaky, fading from sight with a Faint attack then jump and reappear with some mid-air acrobatics with Aerial Ace. End the appeal by showing your power, landing with a big Dynamic Punch aimed at the ground.

Faint attack - Aerial Ace - Dynamic Punch
    Theme Song: Fury of the Storm - Dragonforce
    Favourite Hat - One of those foamdome hats that holds a couple of beers.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hey Andrew even if I don’t get a very hight score with this I bet you well like this Appeal….

Go Splinter My male Rattata!

Ok Splinter, start off by digging a Shallow pit, next stand in the Middle of it, and use a Toxic to coat the pit with fuel source now light the toxic with Flame wheel but stay in the middle so it looks like your cooking yourself in a camp fire to finish off this appeal…

Dig ~ Toxic ~ Flame wheel

Theme Song: Go Light Your World - Kathy Troccoli
    Favourite Hat: a Brown Deerstalker like the one Sherlock Holmes wears....

~Charles Legend
    Last edited by Charles Legend; 31st March 2007 at 08:07 PM.
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yeeaaah! March 31!! Old Houndoom_Lover got in before the dead line, and speaking of dead line- Go Mephistopheles, my Houndoom (male).

Become the jester once again, like you did once for Faust.

First, let's add an attraction- Use Iron tail. Now chase your tail and grab it with a Crunch- hold on tight, and now engulf yourself in a Fire Spin and keep on running in circles until you're good and dizzy. And make an attempt to bow. -Bows myself-

Appeal: Iron tail-Crunch-Fire Spin (bow)

Theme Song- Disney's Hellfire
    Favorite Hat- Top hat with a purple velt wrap around and a small pink cosmo on the back
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Sweet Caloundra I would go but......I am lazy. 20 min drive is too much for me

Any way

*Throws Pokeball*

Go Slashers

*Male Scyther pops out of the ball*

Start by using sunny day to brighten up the stage, whip up a dust tornado using swords dance and finish off by cutting through it with Silver wind.

Appealunny Day+Swords Dance+Silver Wind

Theme song: Sweet,Sweet Victory
    Favourite Hat: Datadyne Shock Trooper Helmet (if you have played Perfect you will know what i mean)

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

I am a lousy trainer Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

If I can still join I'll use my male Larvitar, Caliente

Start off by using dig right in front of the audience in a fasion so that one

second you're there, the next you're not, so the audience is kept guessing.

Next, use rain dance to shower the audience in a soothing, refreshing rain

and fill up the hole that you've created. Finish it off by using a powerful

hyper beam to create a magnificent fountain that shimmers in the lights from

the stadium and will hopefully create a dazzling effect.

Dig~Rain Dance~Hyper beam

Theme song: South Park theme song

Favorite hat: tophat:Abe Lincoln style
    Thanks to Mega Horny for the banner
    ASB Team

Super Moderator

Signups for April are now CLOSED!

Expect the appeals round in a few days!

- Andrew

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

How is round one coming along Andrew?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

Welcome one and all to this April contest. Thankfully this time I don’t have to outdo any other judges and refs, so blah. I do hope you’ve all gorged yourself on Easter Eggs and are delightfully morbidly obese of late. I personally had 1 Lindt bunny and it was quickly devoured. Like a two-hundred kilo fatty in front of a bakery. The crowd are all lounging on the beach, but up a bit, so to give our appealers some space. It’s a lovely clear night, not too windy and the water lovely if not dark as the moonlight sparkles upon it’s surface.

Being the lovely host I am, there are unlimited signups! And only 10 will get through to next round… Which is quite a lot actually. Damn… Oh well.. I meant to write just a 1….

====

Still, with a call from my megaphone, MeLovesGhosts, our first contestant and possibly a new Gym Leader appears on the scene. They look kind of crappy about something to do with their stupidly named Pokemon. Really, from now on, I should dock points for your retarded Nicknames.

Still, an Amphoros appears in a flash of light, back to the ocean and begins to charge with some electricity… It’s not the most energizing start… But, it does cause Amphy’s tail to glow a lot more (I personally had an Amphy through my first play-through of Silver. With Crobat and a Feraligator as well) Next up, generating a ball of electricity between it’s odd odd paws, Ampharos launches it to the skies… But… having no actual physical MASS I don’t know why MeLovesGhosts thinks it will come back down. Still, Ampharos tries to leap up and ThunderPunch it… by now the Zap Cannon has you know.. gone into the sky… and it misses by a mile. Putting on a brave face, Ampharos lands, and puts on a High Hat. How embarrassment.

Our next Contestant, The Blue Avenger takes the stage… as best you can on a beach. Quite frankly, I don’t know who/what HypontanUSELESS Man is in relation to his nickname, but TBA is much cooler. I COULD Google it.. but.. EFFORT! There’s a flash of light as something massive is released underwater nearby to the shore, and this sudden arrival of a great big creature causes the ocean to rush forward suddenly towards the audience. The cold night water nips at their toes as The Blue Avenger has water rushing towards his knees. Giving a tip of his hat, Moby Tank we find out is the creature in charge of this appeal. The giant Japanese Delicacy begins to thrash it’s tail and a whirlpool begins to pick up… Ooooh… this erosion is going to cost TONS to redo. But, it’s not really well seen in this water…. And Moby gets kind of exposed by this. Still…. Moby then begins to spout water around from it’s blowhole. Moby tries to then fire a Blizzard from his mouth, but… well. It catches the falling water, and it freezes into a spray of ice, falling into the water. I think the main problem was trying to freeze water coming out of his back by using his mouth….

This is getting disappointing…. I can see everything falls apart when I’m not trying to set a cracking pace in appeals!

Our next contestant – Weasel Overlord is no strangers to Contests and she always does well. A creepy Houndoom appears on the scene and it looks at home at night-time, but not so much by the water. I suppose it if was on top of a volcano, that would work. But. It’s not. Houndoom starts by surrounding itself with little blue flames of EVIL which flicker around and begin to expand outwards. Next up Houndoom begins to unleash a Fire Spin which captures the Will-O-Wisp and makes for a largely red Tornado of fire… of which poor Houndoom is the center of. Finally, some Swift Starts are added to the tornado. It’s a decent combination. But… yeah….

Elec Man steps up next onto the warm sand and gives a slight yelp before releasing his next Pokemon. A Huntail. At least it isn’t an ugly Gorebyss thing. But, it IS wearing a Fez. Odd.

After telling his Pokemon what to do a few times, the pink Pokemon seems to have more of an idea than I do. But, this lights on it’s tail doesn’t happen. A lot of things are mentioned by the Pokedex, but aren’t particularly true. You know why? IT IS FULL OF LIES YOUR PARENTS TOLD YOU. Still, Huntail tries to pick up some speed, and I don’t know why WATERFALL would be useful in the ocean. One may have thought AGILITY could’ve been more help (Provided it can learn it). But, what do I know?

Huntail jumps out of the water, into the air and in a nice dolphiny way, it blasts out a heavy jet of Water, propelling itself higher. Through the water, a rainbow light of confusion is seen in the area, before Huntail and it’s fez plop daintily back in the water. Yeah…

Dragonis is next, releasing an AWESOME AERODACTAL! Mine’s cooler but. Aerodactal begins to flap it’s wings and a blast of sand picks up, getting all over the audience. Still, with a bit of effort is surrounds Aerodactal, who then spews flames into it The flames and sand make an interesting mix. From within the tornado, there’s a glow, before a primal screech. Aerodactal bursts forth from the tornado in a red glow of flying energy. Nice. Dragonis tips (His? Her) cowboy hat and gives a smirk to the audience.

Dark Sage looking somewhat like the Summoners from GBA Fire Emblem games is next, and with his powers over Staves, Dark Magic and corpses with 1HP he’s scary! An even Scarier Shiftfry appears on the beach (Stupid dark grass thing ruined my chances of winning!) and with that the horrors of Shakira start up. Ew. With a quick shimmer 6 more Shiftfry appear. They concentrate intensely, hand on their head and send out a short Extrasensory pulse. Finally, with a white glow, they all suddenly explode. The audience scream in fear, and are covered in sand. Well.. that was random. Dark Sage recalls his pile of Ashes and departs the stage.

Shuppet Master is our next Trainer ready to become the prettiest princess EVA. With only 4 Pokemon! That’s right! 4! A Magnemite with an awesome nickname appears – STEVE! Magnemite begins by generating a circle of clones, and the remaining audience shrieks in fear, remembering Shiftfry not 10 minutes ago. But, Magnemite produces a nice shockwave ebbing out gently from all, which is a nice effect. Finally, a giant blast of Thunder comes down from the heavens in the middle of the Magnemite circle and finishes the appeal. There’s a red-hot globule of glass in the sand, created by the thundercrash. Nice. Try sell it on EBay. Meanwhile, Paula Abdul is drunk off her ass on the beach, shrilly declaring, “You go Girlfriend! You made that your OWN!”

As Paula collapses down in the sand, Chris 2.0 looking very thug-ish in his Balaclava comes onto the scene. BUT! The song! Is Awesome! The Pokemon, not so much! Octillery begins by spinning and peppering the sand with some green glowing seeds in a star-shape. Next off, Octillery turns the star frosty which glitters well in the night-time. Finally, Octillery exhales a stream of flames which melt and ignite the seeds. They all are set alight and Octillery is looking like he’s ready to be cooked up with some chips!

Mike Mysterio steps onto the sandy beach, ocean at his heels and releases his choice for this round. A little charmander! Awww! Charmander gives a pathetically adorable hiss and exhales a great deal of smoke. Asthmatics in the audience clear off. Charmander begins digging down into the sand, but, anyone who’s been digging at the beach, he’s soon in pain as water is all around him. Managing to drag himself out of his watery hole, Charmander breathes out a flamethrower and pops out of his smokescreen. The audience didn’t have a clue what was going on.

BladeMATER releases his awesome Lickitung, OzLicki! Or pffft Yoshi. Lickitung begins to extend it’s massive tongue and spins around as fast as it can on the sandy beach. It’s impressive, if not slow, and there’s a few flecks of sand that end up in Lickitung’s mouth. Finishing off the dizzying appeal, OzLicki looks to the night sky and unleashes a large orange beam of energy before sitting down on her butt. Blademasters’ Awful song choice should also have him disqualified ASAP.

Ultimate Charizard is next, and he released a Sneasel. Those of us on the contest trail constantly see this Pokemon. I wonder what he could possibly do this time. Sneasel for a start is wearing an awesome giant yellow foam hat. That’s a plus. Novelty points! Sneasel begins by fading from view, and we all go, “Been done”. And with a mid-air roll, Sneasel tumbles down and strikes the sandy earth, finishing in a Terminator pose. I don’t really know what the point of hitting the ground is.
    With the beach taking a battering tonight, the Lifesavers are angry at the amount of work they’ll have to do tomorrow morning at first light. Charles Legend brings out some Marshmallows and his Ratatta. They’re kind of cute, but ultimately, vermin. Ratatta gives a cry, sending some sand in all directions as he digs with all fours. Obviously building a burrow for his spawn. But, he stops and begins to puke a dark black liquid around him. It’s quickly diluted by the water that’s filling up the hole, but Ratty is undeterred, and ignites himself, setting some steam off and the toxic floating on the water bursts alight. Ow. Ratatta gets some of the toxic fumes and roars in pain as he finishes his appeal, surrounded by still flaming toxic on top of the water.

Poor Charles and his Pokemon. Still, it’s nothing to what Houndoom Lover has up next, ANOTHER Houndoom (Christ, what is it with Dark Pokemon being used so much in these things) and he’s wearing a Willy-Wonkaish hat. Not to mention he has a disgusting nickname. Uh… how do I describe this… Houndoom starts chasing his tail, yelps in pain when he gets said tail in his jaws and we finish with a Fire Spin. This was just plain awful. Oh god. I really wish I didn’t make so many Hyper Appeal spots. If I have to ref like, 10 of these I don’t know what I’ll do.

Crazy Elf Boy, a Queenslander who lives near Caloundra is next. Despite being fairly new, we get a Scyther appear. Scyther is quite agile and begins praying to the Sun Allah…. AT NIGHT-TIME… Nothing happens. But Scyther does begin to spin around, and being much more agile than Lickitung, brings up a good deal more sand, digging himself down as a final glittery bit of wind sweeps the sand away and leaves Scyther looking kind of dizzy.

Our final appeal is from Doctor Octillery. I wonder is he really does have one. But he DOES have a top-hat! FANCY! We have a Larvitar at the beach and it doesn’t seem too fond of the water behind it. But, none-the-less it digs down. INTO WATER and begins to shriek in pain. The salt-water doesn’t make the pain any better. It concentrates and grits it’s teeth and summons a rain dance. The ocean rears up and the waves get much more wild, crashing into the hole where Larvitar is quite easily. Larvitar tries to unleash a hyper beam into the heavens, and being horribly weak, gets a tiny bit off before Larvitar gets swept out to sea. Buh-bye.

Scores:

MeLovesGhosts – Ampy
    Score – 4.7
    Notes: A good concept, but I think if you had’ve perhaps used your first move better and used a better final “Spike” move in conjunction with not launching the Zap Cannon right up, you might’ve done MUCH better.

The Blue Avenger – Wailord
    Score – 4.8
    Notes: It all seemed a bit slap-bang with no real order, and what it really let it down was the “Frozen Spout” idea. I don’t think Wailord is great for appeals either personally…

Weasel Overlord – Houndoom
    Score : 7.0
    Notes – A decent appeal, but quite frankly I don’t think enshrouding Houndoom was the best idea, and I felt the Will-O-Wisp was overcome by the Fire Spin.

Elec Man EXE – Huntail
    Score – 6.1
    Notes – This was confusing to start with for me to understand. The glowing tail has me calling BS too. The WATERFALL idea was utterly baffling, but the glowing water was okay…

Dragonis – Aerodactal
    Score – 8.2.
    Notes – A great appeal, and it showcased off of a few of Aerodactal’s traits. Good work.

Dark Sage – Shiftfry
    Score – 1.5
    Notes – WHAT THE HELL. It’s like you chose 3 Random moves. I liked the ExtraSensory pulse, but this was just not at all very good.

Shuppet Master – Magnemite
    Score – 7.9
    Notes – A good appeal. I enjoyed the slow-release of Shockwave but I wasn’t sold on the “Double Team”.

Chris 2.0 – Octillery
    Score - 8.0
    Notes – A decent appeal, but I really wanted you to connect more with the traits of Octillery as an aquatic Pokemon.

Mike Mysterio – Charmander
    Score – 2.2
    Notes – Digging down into water. Not the best idea. Hiding your Pokemon? Not good either. This just wasn’t great. In the future, concentrate on a few things – Build-up, Pokemon traits and a finisher.

BladeMaster – Lickitung
    Score – 7.6
    Notes – A decent appeal, but I felt that Lickitung has so much more potential and options than a tounge tornado. Maybe a tounge-stand?

Ultimate Charizard – Sneasel
    Score – 4.5
    Notes – It’s all been done before. Disappearing and reappearing. Not that great. And the random punch at the end… blah. I’d much more of preferred to have Sneasel make an Ice Surfboard. We’re AT THE BEACH!

Charles Legend – Ratatta
    Score – 1.8
    Notes – Hiding Ratatta from view wasn’t great. Plus I wasn’t sold on the idea of a Spit Roast Rat. But I was kind of dismayed Ratatta took so much damage from the entire thing. It was like one of those awful train-wrecks.

Houndoom Lover – Houndoom
    Score – .5
    Notes – What can I say? Uninspiring. Silly. The tacked on Fire attack at the end got you .5. Probably not the best idea for the future.

Crazy Elf Boy – Scyther
    Score – 5.7
    Notes – Again we’ve seen it all before with a sword’s dance. But, the Sunny Day Failure also let you down.

Doctor Octillery – Larvitar
    Score – 3.0
    Score – An unintentionally hilarious appeal. It was just one problem to the next for Larvitar. Next time, work with the arena.

So out of all our contestants.

Our lowest scorers are eliminated:

Houndoom Lover
    Charles Legend
    Dark Sage
    Mike Mysterio
    Doctor Octillery

These few scrape through to the next round

Ultimate Charizard.
    Me Loves Ghosts
    The Blue Avenger
    Crazy Elf Boy
    Elec Man EXE
    Weasel Overlord
    BladeMaster
    Shuppet Master
    Chris 2.0
    Dragonis.

You have 1 week to post a Hyper Appeal with any Pokemon you have on your team, including the one you just used. That’s 5 attacks in a row. Show us your prowess.

Work with the ocean. Stop digging/Double Teaming/ Swords Dancing. Show off your Pokemon’s talents. Also, post your favourite food ever.

Quite shadow Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

For this round I'll send Rouge, my shiny female Gyarados, out into the ocen.

Alright Rouge, lets start by shaking things up some with Earthquake. Make it just srong enough so poeple can feel it, we're not trying to destroy anything (yet).Then send a tsunami towards shore with Surf. After that use a Twister to suck up the water from the wave before it can reash the stands. Let everyone get a good look at the waterspout before you freeze it with an Ice Beam. Then finish off by destroying the new ice sculpture with a powerful Hyper Beam.

~Earthquake~Surf~Twister~Ice Beam~Hyper Beam~

My favourite food would have to be a Deep Dish Pizza with sausage.

Super Moderator

Just a note - There isn't stands for the audience, they're all sitting/lying on the beach watching.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

I shall be choosing Lizard Boy my Bagon for this one. Ok start of by using Dragon Dance and Rain Dance to give the whole ancient rain making ritual feel. Then whip up a nice water filled tornado using Twister. Finish it off by giving your self the look of omnipotency by using Scary Face and Dragon Rage.

Dragon Dance~Rain Dance~Twister~Scary Face~Dragon Rage

Fave Food: Cheese and Bacon shapes
    Last edited by Crazy Elf Boy; 10th April 2007 at 05:44 PM.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Andrew I love your contests. I'm laughing a hell of a lot. 0.5 for an appeal? Only you could do that.

I'll post mine soon.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Heh, fun reffing as always Andrew. I especially liked the bit about Paula... crazy biotch. And the bit about Shiftry turning into ashes made me chuckle. You told everyone my idea, though (well, not exactly, but somewhat). It won't stop me from doing it anyway, but know that I didn't steal it from you

This appeal needs to be much better than the last... got me into Round 2, but still sucked I guess. Anyway, I'll be using my male Kabutops, Equinox.

Ok Equinox. Start by bringing up a nice stone using Rock Tomb. Then, carve that baby into a surfboard with your Slash. Surely a pokemon as strong as you can manage to cut away the rock using your sharp scythes. Once you've got your board, hop on and use Surf to catch a wave. Ride that wave, then use Aerial Ace to catch some air, and throw in a Rapid Spin to flip and twirl in the sky before you land back on the wave. That should be an impressive enough trick to earn some good points.

Rock Tomb ~ Slash ~ Surf ~ Aerial Ace ~ Rapid Spin

As for my favorite food... gotta go with pizza. Extra cheese, peperoni, and mushrooms.
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

Scraped through by my ass hair!
    Time to take it up a notch...I WANNA BE IN A BATTLE ROUND DAMMIT!!

Right, since it seems Andrew likes the more 'surreal' appeal ill go with Blastoise (m)

Start off by Running and jumping into the Ocean but before you hit use Ice Beam to create a 'path' over the water to slide on 'Iceman style'. Keep up the Ice beam and create yourself a track over the water with twists and loops etc then end the track with a high Vertical to launch u into the air. When u leave the track use Withdraw in midair then come down using Earthquake to destroy the track (not let noone else use it) and Surf as you hit the water to send a wave towards the Beach. End things with a Hydro Cannon (or Hydropump if im not allowed the double turn move) to destroy the Wave in a Dramatic shower of water before it Destroys the 'stage'

Ice Beam - Withdraw - Eathquake - Surf - Hydrocannon/pump

As for food......I like meat!
    Last edited by Ultimate Charizard; 12th April 2007 at 07:04 PM.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ok I will use my Espeon, Solvee [F].

Solvee, start by using Wish to glow and sparkle towards the heavens. Next use swift (to fire one big star IF possible...but if not then a flurry of smaller stars) up into the air.

Grab the star(s) with a psychic attack and hold them/it in the sky. Proceed to blast a psybeam up into the star to send bright beautiful energy through it. As the star falls, use an iron tail to shatter it.

Wish -- Swift -- Psychic -- Psybeam -- Iron Tail

favourite food: steak
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 16th April 2007 at 02:39 PM.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

(I guess this can just be ignored, and my late posty-ness, however I like to reply to my appeal to my judgement with; Gee, thanks.)
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Super Moderator

Chris 2.0's Modly Editing:

I'm sorry Houndoom_Lover, but unfortunately I didn't feel your appeal deserved a very high score!

(There. All friendly)
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 14th April 2007 at 05:37 AM.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I choose Athene the female Slowbro.

Ok, Athene, jump into the water and swim a bit deeper. Start by using Surf to bring up the water, then hold it with Psychic, then let loose and shoot an immediate Icebeam towards it. Now, Dynamicpunch the sculpture and melt the shattered pieces with Flamethrower.

Surf ~ Psychic ~ Icebeam ~ Dynamicpunch ~ Flamethrower.

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Right, I'm gonna be unoriginal here and go for Aelethil, the male Arcanine, and probably my most used contest pokemon EVER. Lol. In all honesty, he was the only one I could use for this idea, so hey.

Ael, start off with a Howl, send your anger to the skies. Then, use a Heatwave to turn up the fire! Use a Fire Spin to create a sort of wormhole off in front of you. Then, use an Extremespeed to charge through the tunnel of fire, combined with a Swift to spray out a trail of stars as you run through, to enhance your superior speed and agility.

~Howl ~Heatwave ~Fire Spin (create a wormhole-like tunnel) ~Extremespeed + Swift (charge through the tunnel, spraying out a trail of stars)

EDIT: Oops, I forgot my favourite food, lol! It's stew with a huge, buttered, crusty bread roll.
    Last edited by Weasel Overlord; 16th April 2007 at 02:05 PM.

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Right, I'll use Wild n' Woolly Shambler, my male Piloswine.

Shambler, surround yourself with Rock Tomb. Obscure yourself from view. Next, build up some suspense and Dig under the surface of the ground - enough so you can't be seen. Next, use a Hyper Beam straight up to destroy the rocks, but be careful to avoid being seen. Finally, use a combo of Blizzard and Earthquake: use Blizzard to wrap around your location so you can jump out without being seen - all mysterious-like - and Earthquake to make it dramatic.

Rock Tomb ~ Dig ~ Hyper Beam ~ Earthquake+Blizzard (while jumping out)
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

OK, I'll send out someone you don't see in Contests too much: a Sunkern(M)! Go, Crayzee Dayzee!

(tosses Pokeball; Sunkern pops out)

"Sunkern-kern!"

OK, Crayzee, we're going to do something educational: the life of a plant.

First, use Ingrain to lay your roots in the sand. Then use Sunny Day + Growth to make it look like the sun is making you grow/bloom. Follow up with Bullet Seed to spread your seeds all around you, and then end with a Solarbeam, just because it looks cool and it's sun-related, like you are.

Move: Ingrain, Insta-Bloom (Sunny Day + Growth), Bullet Seed, Solarbeam

Favorite food: Sugar

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Super Moderator

Reminder to the contestants that haven't posted. You only have until the end of the day before you're automatically DQed.

Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

(Runs out into the stage.)

Sorry folks, I was...distracted by The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and didn't realize that I got into the Hyper Appeal Round. My bad!

(Thinks for a moment of what to use which would work with the ocean, then realizes he doesn't have any water Pokemon! Oh bother...)

Well, since someone else used a Sunkern, I'm not going to use my own. Instead, I'll go with a Pokemon which was in a battle that got dropped due to the opponent leaving ASB...

Go, Gemron! (His Trapinch appears.)

Okay, let's make the best of this, Gemron. (Glad that I learned that I can use any attack Trapinch knows.) Start by imprisoning yourself in a Rock Tomb, then whip up a Sandstorm around yourself, and throw in a Hidden Power, making the glowing balls of Hidden Power orbit around your prison. After a minute of this, switch to Sunny Day, then fire a Solar Beam to shatter the prison and send the Hidden Power orbs flying every which way. Finish by using Giga Drain to suck up the Hidden Power orbs and devour them to end with a flourish!
    Ever wonder what it'd be like if a person who could barely speak English were to rom-hack one of the Pokemon games, replace the characters, plot, and Pokemon with ones of his own creation, while at the same time making a terrible mockery of the English language as a whole?

Of course not. Because that'd suck really, really hard. Unfortunately, even though you didn't think about it, this guy did.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hey Shuppet Master, just so you know, a Hyper Appeal is 5 attacks, not 6. I dunno if Andrew'll let you redo your appeal, but either way, it's good to know.

Super Moderator

Just so you know, a lot of your appeals SUCK and you didn't listen to my instructions OR pay heed to the arena.

Christ.... *Nurses head in hands*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The April Contest!

Will the next round be up soon Andrew?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

It'd be up very soon, in fact I wrote half of it yesterday.

Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

I'm sorry. As I said, I'm new to all this. If you want to drop me from the contest, that's fine. I'll try harder next time.

Super Moderator

After a disappointing first round, I'm tempted simply to take off with the crown and leave you losers all behind. But, apparently, I can't do that, because it's totally not cool at all. Just you wait for DP, I'll have like a totally kickass team that will eat yours! Like… with Bonsly… and stuff…
    Yeesh. At least DP appeals to me so I can play against you people with a Pimpin' Mr Mime!
    Anyway, the beach has been smoothed over, and the holes filled in. Some of the audience has gone home, but the majority is staying. Some in the beach club overlooking the ocean, and anticipating the upcoming appeals with a glass of wine in their hands.
    Our first contestant and highest scorer from last round Dragonis takes to the beach, still smug. He releases a giant fucking dragon into the ocean named.. Rogue… shouldn't they be more roguish and less GIANT KILLING MACHINE. Gyarados begins to roar and slams his tail into the soft sand in the ocean. All he succeeds in doing is making a mild rumble no-one recognizes and getting its tail bogged in the sand. Pulling her tail out her eyes glow blue as a giant fucking wave heads towards the beach. People grab their children and run. Some turtle and hope for the best. At the last second, Gyarados tries to use a Twister to suck it back, but the momentum of the wave crashes heavily into the beach, totally sucking some people out to see. There's a pretty pretty waterspout and as it's swirling around, Rogue, manages to freeze the upgoing current of water rather impressively around Gyarados. The beauty of the entire appeal is ruined as Gyarados then goes and just Hyperbeams the shit out of the wonderful body-length ice bangle.
    What a train wreck. It was like watching a bus full of ballet dancers get crushed with such grace.
    Our next contestant, Crazy Elf Boy snickers at Dragonis. UHM. You're the one wearing fucking jingly elf shoes! Christ. The little purple lizard with a bad combover appears on the scene. He begins to dance around oddly on the sand, before praying to baby Jesus to make it rain. Almost instantaneously, a heavy downpour begins, making the sea rise up with it. Giving a pathetic roar, he begins to unleash a twister which rips up the water and sand around him in a mostly transparent tornado. From within the tornado, nobody sees Bagon looks ultimately very constipated with a “Scary Look” The Twister dies off, but a Dragon Rage swirls up in blue rage, bringing the twister back from the brink….
    Yeah. That one was painful too.
    Christ, I wish I had alcohol. Oh wait. I do. Lemon, Lime bitters and gin is my choice atm. Or delightful Jagermeister. Elec Man Exe takes the stage next, and releases one of my favourite Pokemon, Kabutops. It’s Fergalicious, so delicious, it’s body tastes vicious… which leads me to wonder, what would vicious taste like?

Giving a primordial screech, Kabutops, tries to summon up rocks from the sandy arena, and fails terribly. Honestly, did you people think of this? Looking embarrassed, Kabutops improvises by slashing the air around him… Yeah…Feeling the stress of the audience, Kabutops runs into the surf and begins to swim around, feeling much more at home now. He leaps out of the water with an Arial Ace and begins to twirl, landing back in the water… Yeah… that didn’t go well at all. Pity you can’t drown yourself.

Up next, Ultimate Charizard is busy eating a steak, while showing us his waxing regrowth in a place I don’t ever want to see. Blah.. Gross! He smirks, knowing he’s going to do well this round, and we have a large Blastoise appear. They’re good Pokemon. I like cute Squirtle. Blastoise runs as fast as a giant overweight turtle can and tries to Ice Beam a path on top of the surf. He does this, but because the surf is always moving, it’s not very stable. Leaping into the air, Blastoise withdraws and bellyflops onto the beginning of his ice track. Being a large and heavy creature, as opposed to Squirtle, he shatters it instantly. Standing in waist-deep surf, Ultimate Charizard’s Pokemon isn’t too happy, but attempts an Earthquake. The same as Gyarados he bogs himself into the water. This is kind of funny. But also really pathetic too. Summoning up a large wave, the surge of water manages to lift Blastoise out of his bog. With a large wave crashing towards the beach, people screech in terror, and the aquatic overweight turtle tries to destroy a wave of water he’s riding on…. With MORE WATER. Great logic there. The wave absorbs the hit and picks up momentum, sweeping up onto the beach, and a few people get swept out as well. Ultimate Charizard quickly runs off into the night, crying.

People by now have had one of the most traumatic appeal rounds ever and recoil as Chris 2.0 still in balaclava is on the arena. The sand is still wet and a purple Eeveelution takes to the stage. Espeon. While I like that it is Psychic, I don’t like that it’s an Eevee. With the rain long gone, Espeon sits down like a good… kitty and prays to it’s personal savior- THE DEVIL to grant her a wish in exchange for a blood sacrifice later. All Eeevees are evil, never forget…. 9/11. There’s a short glitter sent to the heavens, but next, Espeon concentrates to make 1 giant swift Star. It’s a large and pretty creation! Espeon psychically lifts it into the air and shoots the Swift Star making it rainbow pretty! The Swift star falls back towards the sand, but Espeon is ready, striking it with an Iron tail, making a shiny, rainbow glitter rain down, as Espeon’s wish from the devil is granted. Now finally, one decent appeal. Christ.

During the arena being re-prepared, BladeMaster stands up for his girlfriend’s honor – ON A POKEMON BOARD. Which is really hilarious. Houndoom Lover however is spinning around on the beach trying to catch her non-existent tail. LOLs. Lame.

Our next contestant, Me Loves Ghosts releases an ugly pink Blob named SlowBro. It has a shitty nickname too. Next time I host a contest, I’m going to DQ shitty Nicknamed Pokemon. Slowbro’s waddles into the ocean and summons up a surf. By now, our audience members have hidden in the safety of the LifeSavers Club which has upset our more upmarket audience members. “Excuse me sir, do you speak English?”

“Yes! Yes!” he nods enthusiastically.

“Then get off my FUCKIN shoes!”

Slowbro tries to hold back a surging wave with it’s Psychic powers, but it only manages to stop an area around it. Leaving the rest of the wave to collide with the shore again. Jeeze. Am I sick of Surf. Are you? Fucking hell it’s unoriginal. Anyway, Slowbro Ice Beams it’s little bit of ocean it’s sitting on, and sliding off of it’s slick surface, tries to Dynamic Punch it. The Wave Shatters and the chunks plop back into the ocean, along with SlowBro, who tries to Flamethrower the chunks… IN THE WATER.

MY HEAD! THE STUPID IS ATTACKING ME!

OH GOD! MAKE IT STOP!

Oh good, it’s Weasel Overlord. She’s not too bad. I think. Anyway, she releases her really lame Arcanine, whom I’ve managed to totally smack down twice. Go Wheezing and Stantler! Hoorah! Anyway, Arcanine doesn’t look at home by the ocean and expresses his displeasure with a really annoying howl. I’m calling the council if your animal keeps that shit up. Seriously. Next up, a near-transparent blast of heat sweeps across the sand, ripping some of it up. Added to this, a swirl of fire heats things up, and Arcanine runs through it very quickly, leaving a trail of glittery stars behind in the swirling sand/fire vortex Well that one wasn’t too bad. We’re coming back!

The Blue Avenger is next, I mean,… HYPOTENuseless Man. He chucks a clump of sand at my face for dare mentioning TBA. This guy releases a large and chunky Pile-Of-Swine. I’m not impressed. Gross. Piloswine starts by trying to summon a tomb of rocks on a SANDY BEACH. Urgh… Christ… A DUH. Seeing this fail, Wild and Wooly digs through the soft sand easily, and cringes in pain when he reaches the ocean water underneath. Being part ground type makes him cringe in pain. Still in his hole, Piloswine fires a Hyper Beam to the night skies, and the audience wishes they could see Piloswine. Unfortunately, he jumps out with an EQuake and Blizzard at the ready, leaving a glittery trail around him as he’s stuck in the sand. Well that was… anti-climatic.

Jeeze, how about next time I act as Appeal Advisor and just tell you all what to do? Our next contestant? (IS THIS CRAP ENDING SOON?) is Blademaster, and he’s like totally pissed at me. But I really don’t give a fuck. Because – POKEMON MESSAGE BOARD LOLS. He releases Sunkern and I’m like “oooh! Sunkern! I used to have one! Years ago!”

Sunkern begins by trying to lay roots into the sand, the roots go down quickly, but, well… it hits salt water underneath. Sunkern retracts its roots somewhat, since, salt water will kill this little seed. Next up, Sunkern tries to summon a Sunny Day (AT NIGHT TIME) as it impressively grows to twice it’s size. Next up, it twirls on it’s little root-system and sprays a circle of glowing bullet seeds around. Being night-time, it’s final move, SolarBeam has taken like 3 minutes to charge up… Yawn. Do you people choose random attacks or actually plan these things?

OH THANK GOD! We’re at our last contestant, Shuppet Master. Do they have a shuppet? I don’t know. We have another little pink creature with a large trap happy on the sand, but not by the water released. It’s name… is lame. Anyway, for the THIRD Time, we have another failed Rock Tomb. SAND =/= ROCK. ROCK=ROCK. Did you know my secret embarrassment atm is Avatar? Next up, looking embarrassed, Trapnich stirs up a Sandstorm, which doesn’t go down well with the audience who are all totally not finding it hot at all. Plus they can’t see a thing. A swirl of orbs are around Trapnich as it tries to fire them off, but – No one sees it. Trapnich continues our failed attack tradition by trying to summon a SUNNY DAY AT NIGHT TIME. OH FUCK IT HURTS. And thankfully the sandstorm dies down in time for a 3 minute solarbeam to be released.

THANK FUCK THAT’S OVER.

Dragonis – 5.1
    Comments – I really liked the twister/water spout you created and then the freezing of it. I HATED the surf. Not to mention hyperbeaming your nice creation to death.

Crazy Elf Boy – 4.2
    Comments – I didn’t like the scary face. USELESS in a group situation. The Dragon Dance – ALSO USELESS.

Elec Man Exe – 4.3
    Comments – FAILED Surfboard. If you made it from an Ice Beam this would have worked. If you had’ve succeeded with it, you would’ve gotten a better score.

Ultimate Charizard – 3.0
    Comments – Blastioise is far too large and fat to go sliding on a flimsy self created path like that. On a snow slope, probably. The failed Equake and silly surf/cannon thing was just.. Oh god. Don’t do this again.

Chris 2.0 – 9.2
    Comments – I really did like this, you did well. I can’t think of anything you could’ve done better? If this had’ve been a better environment for Espeon, the score would be higher.

Me Loves Ghosts – 3.5
    Comments – Very random. Not very good at all. No really good idea from it.

Weasel Overlord – 7.9.
    Comments – The roar was useless. It was an okay appeal, but there’s only so much you’re doing with Arcanine, it’s becoming really annoying to see so often. Plus, not it’s greatest arena at ALL.

The Blue Avenger – 3.9
    Comments – I said no digging! And hiding away for most of the appeal, not good. The final ending, a let down.

Blademaster – 2.9
    Comments – Ingrain, SunnyDay, Solar Beam all failed to some degree. Dissapointing.

Shuppet Master – 2.7
    Comments- Failed moves. Annoying Sandstorm. Failed Solarbeam. Jeeze.

Worst Appeals Ever!

Our final three are Dragonis, Chris 2.0 and Weasel Overlord.

So it’s either Octillery/Espeon vs Aerodactal/Gyarados vs Houndoom/Arcanine.

You three, post your first round of attacks to me, along with the Pokemon you want to use. If you want to team up against one or the other, do so. Betray. Backstab. Bitch.