Thread: Wolfsong VS Mew Master: Ref - Hyperness

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Wolfsong VS Mew Master: Ref - Hyperness

Since some of my team needs experience

6-6 (2 out at a time)
    I choose first.
    You attack first.
    DQ: 1 week but i'll be somewhat lenient.
    Banned moves: Attract and rest.
    Arena: How about: The roof of the Daily Planet. Lois and Clark (as played by Terri Hatcher and Dean Cain) are writing an article on the battle. Since this is a battle on the roof, ground moves will not work. Also if any of the pokemon's attacks hit either Lois or Clark, there will be a 2% health penalty. If a pokemon falls off of a roof, Clark will pull a disappearing act and superman (Also played by dean cain in the series) will rescue the pokemon that fell. However, the pokemon that fell will take a 10% health penalty.

I choose Jade my female shiny marill and Horatio my male growlithe.

Any takers
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 23rd July 2007 at 08:00 AM.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Open challenge

Heh, Rightous, I'll go with Ziz (Male, Aerodactyl) and Tsuki-Yomi (Shiny Female Ralts).

Ziz, Take to the sky, use Agility, then Foresight on Horatio, finally whip up a Sandstorm

Tsuki, Jade's is Ziz's biggest problem right now, so burn her with a Will-o-Wisp. Then unlease a Shockwave followed by a Magical Leaf. If Jade tries to use any ice attacks at Ziz, rotate her around with Psychic so that she misses.

Ziz: Agility~Foresight~Sandstorm (@ Horatio)
    Tsuki-Yomi: Will-o-Wisp~Shockwave~Magical Leaf (@ Jade) (Sub: Psychic)
    Last edited by Mew Master; 11th July 2007 at 02:54 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Horatio, I want you to start by using safeguard on both you and jade. Next, Return the favor and use a will-o-wisp on Tsuki. Finally finish with flamethrower on Tsuki.

Jade, I want you to start with Aqua jet to Ziz. Next, I want you to use Grass Knot on Ziz. Finally finish with Hail after Ziz uses sandstorm.

Horatio: Safeguard ~ Will-o-wisp (Tsuki) ~ Flamethrower (Tsuki)
    Jade: Aqua Jet (Ziz) ~ Grass Knot (Ziz) ~ Hail
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

everyone needs a tiger to love Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

reffing will be up as soon ^_^
    hopefully by today

pretty banner made by wurz ^^

I'm Over the Top! AKIRA SHOCK.

finally I have an asb banner ^^U

Advanced Trainer

Wolfsong VS Mew Master
    Round One

Pre-Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Jade || ♀
    HP: 100%
    Energy: 100%
    Aqua Jet (Ziz) ~ Grass Knot (Ziz) ~ Hail

Horatio || ♂
    Safeguard ~ Will-o-wisp (Tsuki) ~ Flamethrower (Tsuki)

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    Agility~Foresight~Sandstorm (@ Horatio)

Tsuki-Yomi || ♀
    Will-o-Wisp~Shockwave~Magical Leaf (@ Jade) (Sub: Psychic)

Battle

Not for the first time, this ref finds herself on the roof of the Daily Planet building, where two trainers are squaring it up for battle. Wolfsong produces a beautiful green Marill, and a brave Growlithe named Horatio. With a rather theatrical flourish, Mew Master reveals his pair, a large Aerodactyl and a female Ralts who bears the name of a Male Japanese deity. Identity crisis anyone? No one can sympathise more readily than one of the reporters covering the event, a certain Mr Clark Kent, all spruce and decent today, and by his side, the lovely Lois Lane. They are standing today, leaning against the stairwell wall, and scribbling away on their Palm Pilots, which have handwriting recognition software, oh-so-convenient and light and virtually indestructible - an important trait when one is present at a Pokemon battle.

To kickstart things off,
    Jade take the opportunity to streak towards her opponent in a water fuelled case of sorts, slamming onto him hard. Hurriedly, Ziz takes to the air, starting to glow with a strange white energy while Tsuki is already preparing the dangerous concentrated flames for the sole purpose of burning her opponents. She attacks, but is thwarted by the multicoloured balls of light that have surrounded both Horatio and Jade, which, in Jade's case, absorb the flames and almost disappear completely.

MM (H:-13, E:-5 ; E:-5)
    W (E:-8 ;
    E:-4)

Eerie red beams are emitted from Ziz's eyes as he scans the arena thoughtfully. Clark smiles as Lois whispers something to him, probably comparing the Foresight to his own X-ray vision. Jade sends out several tendrils that reach out desperately for the Aerodactyl, but with his superior speed, he manages to evade. While Jade is being thus distracted, Tsuki sneakily attacks, sending out small bolts of electricity that collide into the Marill, dealing good damage. Her triumph at a successful attack is cut short when she herself is hit by small flames that sear through her delicate flesh, filling the air with the scent of burnt Ralts, not a very pleasant thing.

MM (E:-4 ; E:-5<burnt>)
    W (H:-13, E:-4 ; E:-5)

Wings flapping lazily, Ziz summons a localised sandstorm, that blows wildly, picking up little bits of random debris scattered on the Daily Planet roof, turning the arena into a choking mess, impeding all senses. While buffeted by the winds and skin starting to bruise, Tsuki scores a hit on Jade with the grasstype Swift, dealing decent damage yet again. Horatio, eyes squeezed near shut to avoid damage, blasts a sheet of flame that engulfs the Ralts for a few seconds, scouring her flesh open to more damage from the Sandstorm. To everyone's relief in general, Jade saves the day by starting a Hail, or to be more accurate, little itty bits of ice and water start falling from the sky, clearing the Sandstorm.

Ziz is penalised a 2% health penalty for starting the Sandstorm, which did do some injury onto Clark and Lois, but mostly Clark, because, being the gentleman that he is, he shielded her.

MM (H:-2, E:-6 ; H:-<3+11+3[from burns]>, E:-5)
    W (H:-3<from the sandstorm>,E:-4 ; H:-<3+12>, E:-5)
    Shaking the sand out of her hair and removing the goggles that protected her eyes, the ref makes a tally of the round and recorded the results that are shown below.

Post Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Jade || ♀
    HP: 72%
    Energy: 87%

Horatio || ♂
    HP: 97%
    Energy: 83%
    Status: Safeguard will last 3 more rounds; Ready for more action

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    HP: 85%
    Energy: 85%

Tsuki-Yomi || ♀
    HP: 83%

Ref's Notes

1 - No energy KOs unless specially requested.
    2 - I tend to make a lot of mistakes during double battles. And I mean A LOT. So do beware ^^U
    3 - Ignore the really early statuses. I'm a bit high.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Thanks for reffing ^^

Nice work you two. Ok, Jade I want you to start with future sight on Ziz. Then finish up with a defense curl rollout to whichever opponent is closest. Horatio nice work. Now, I want you start with an agility body slam combo to Tsuki. Then, I want you to finish with howl and finally finish with howl.

Jade: Future Sight (Ziz) ~ Defense curl + Rollout (whichever opponent is closest)
    Horatio: Agility + Body Slam (Tsuki) ~ Howl
    Last edited by Wolfsong; 13th July 2007 at 01:48 PM. Reason: fixed color coding
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Master Trainer

Okay, they want to use an Agility Combo, then lets use a Teleport Combo. Teleport out of the way of Horatio's Body Slam, and reappear above him and hit him with a Body Slam instead. Then Use a Psychic to cause Jade's Rollout to take her over the edge of the tower.

Ziz, time for some nasty tactics. While the Marill's looking to attack in the future, hit her now with a Crunch and Take Down Combo. Then, counter that Growlithe's Howl with your own Roar to scare them into submission.

Tsuki-Yomi: Teleport+Body Slam (Horatio)~Psychic(Jade)
    Ziz: Crunch+Take Down (Jade)~Roar (Countering Horatio's Howl)

Also, Tsuki'-Yomi is the Moon God/Godess, and thus named after the femanine side of the moon. I could have called her Luna, but that'd be silly ^^U
    Last edited by Mew Master; 13th July 2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Neeeeeaaaaaver mind... Retracted.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

Advanced Trainer

Really? I thought Tsuki-Yomi was just male, period. XD

Wolfsong VS Mew Master
    Round Two

Pre-Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Jade || ♀
    HP: 72%
    Energy: 87%
    Future Sight (Ziz) ~ Defense curl + Rollout (whichever opponent is closest)

Horatio || ♂
    HP: 97%
    Energy: 83%
    Status: Safeguard will last 3 more rounds; Ready for more action
    Agility + Body Slam (Tsuki) ~ Howl

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    HP: 85%
    Status: Getting very enthusiasticCrunch+Take Down (Jade)~Roar (Countering Horatio's Howl)

Tsuki-Yomi || ♀
    HP: 83%
    Teleport+Body Slam (Horatio)~Psychic(Jade)

Battle

ZIpping off, Horatio moves at preternatural speed, and before Tsuki-Yomi can even prepare her Teleport, she is already hit. Frustrated, she teleports above him and lands down hard to return the favour with a body slam of her own. In that intervening time, Jade is hard at work, straining her mind and powers to look into the future, and, finding a good time, releases the necessary energy. Ziz has already honed in on her, and just at her most unprepared moment, he strikes, crushing her little body with his much larger one, and his jaws rip into her tender shoulder, severing some tendons, and impeding further skillful use of her left paw.

MM (H:-10, E:-11 ; E:-10)
    WS (H:-9, E:-9 ; H:-22, E:-7)

Squeaking a little over the pain in her side, Jade curls up tightly into a little green ball, and right at that instant, Ziz, who has just released her, is struck hard by a concentrated blast of psychic energy that is so strong that it leaves him in a slight slump on the floor - exactly what Jade is waiting for, as she begins a fast roll towards him, and cruises over the length of his body, from snout to tail as he groans under her much slighter weight, which still manages to deal damage nevertheless. Tsuki-Yomi, on seeing her comrade's distress is quick to act, using the power of her mind to discreetly steer the Marill closer and closer to the edge - Jade realises what is going on and tries to fight it, but unfortunately, she is unable to stop, and she falls, squealing in terror. With a small sigh, Clark hands his Palm Pilot over to Lois, and dashes off. Within a few seconds, the squalling Marill finds herself caught in the arms of one of the world's favourite superheroes - SUPERMAN! With a cool smile, he places her gently down back in the arena, and zooms off into the horizon. After a very short period of time, Clark reappears, adjusting his shirt collar.

Horatio lifts his head to begin his eerie song, but he is anticipated by Ziz, who screams out a loud roar of defiance in return. Both sounds evidently cancel each other out, with neither Jade nor Tsuki seeming to be affected. What a waste of breath. The Ralts does seem to be visibly still suffering from the effect of her burns inflicted earlier. Ouch.

MM (H:-4, E:-6 ; H:-24, E:-4)
    W (H:-10, E:-7 ; E:-4)

Post Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Jade || ♀
    HP: 40%
    Energy: 73%

Horatio || ♂
    HP: 88%
    Energy: 70%

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    HP: 71%
    Energy: 71%

Tsuki-Yomi || ♀
    HP: 69%
    Energy: 68%

Ref's Notes

1 - No notes this round! Interesting tactics though. You ref and you learn I guess XD

Master Trainer

Now THAT's what I'm talkin bout! Good work you two, but don't let up!

Ziz: Use a burst of Agility and catch Horatio in a Crunch and Thunder-Fang Combo. If he uses Double Team, counter it with Foresight, and if he tries to howl again, Roar at him again.

Tsuki: Time to make Jade really hurt, use a Psychic to magnify the pain in her injured arm. Then surprise her with a Shadow Sneak, before a close range Thunderbolt. Odds are she'll try a Safeguard again, so Disable it if she tries, and if she uses any Ice moves spin her around with a Psychic.

Ziz: Agility~Crunch+Thunder Fang (Subs: Foresight, Roar)
    Tsuki-Yomi: Psychic~Shadow Sneak~Thunderbolt (Subs: Disable, Psychic)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Horatio, I want you to start with Howl to force him to use roar instead of agility. Then, I want you to use a burst of agility to dodge the crunch thunderfang combo and hopefully have ziz hit the roof instead of you. Finally, finish with another flamethrower at Tsuki. Jade, I want you to start with double team since he didn't mention anything about you using it. Next, once Horatio is out of Ziz's way hit him hard with hydro pump. Finally finish with an ice beam to Tsuki after Horatio is finished attacking her with his flamethrower.

Horatio: Howl ~ Agility ~ Flamethrower (Tsuki)
    Jade: Double Team ~ Hydro Pump (Ziz) ~ Ice Beam (Tsuki)
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Advanced Trainer

Wolfsong VS Mew Master
    Round Three

Pre-Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Jade || ♀
    Energy: 73%
    Double Team ~ Hydro Pump (Ziz) ~ Ice Beam (Tsuki)

Horatio || ♂
    Energy: 70%
    Howl ~ Agility ~ Flamethrower (Tsuki)

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    HP: 71%
    Energy: 71%
    Agility~Crunch+Thunder Fang (Subs: Foresight, Roar)

Tsuki-Yomi || ♀
    HP: 69%
    Energy: 68%
    Psychic~Shadow Sneak~Thunderbolt (Subs: Disable, Psychic)

Battle

Ziz spreads his wings, about to begin boosting his speed, but his actions are instantly cut short as Horatio begins his mournful howl. Eager to obey instructions, Ziz roars loudly, trying as hard as he can to drown out the Growlithe's song. Jade's form in the meantime is blurring rapidly, and suddenly, there are three other images of her, all alike and indistinguishable from the other. Tsuki randomly selects one, whom she thinks looks about right, and directs a blast of psychic power right at the Marill. Unfortunately for her, she picked a false image, and it disintegrates, leaving thre smirking, identical Marills.

MM (E:-4 ; E:-5)
    W (E:-4 ; E:-6)

Anxious to inflict some pain to that smug green Marill, Tsuki sneaks up and selects yet another Marill, hoping that it is the REAL one. Alas, she leaps through the smiling green figure to find it,
    yet again, a clone. Ziz decides to try his luck, and darts down, mouth agape, ready for a devastating combo attack. He nears the Growlithe, readies himself for impact - and suddenly, all he faces is bare tiles. Backpedalling in the air furiously, he barely manages to slow himself down, but still hits the floor. Jade, her little round face almost split by her smirk, takes this opportunity to launch several strong jet of water right at him, relishing his agonised cries. Sadist.

MM (H:-21<hydropump+impact from hitting floor>, E:-8 ; E:-5)
    W (E:-6 ; E:-6)

Now, Tsuki has narrowed it down to two Jades. Which will she choose? She aims, and jaggedy bolts of lightning make their way towards the green figure...which disappears upon impact. What terrible luck. Now, she faces two combatants, her partner still recovering from his combo attack. Flames dance around her, agonising her burn wounds further. To make matters worse, from extreme heat, she soon finds herself a target of an icy cold beam. Not fun at all.

MM (H:-23+<-5>from burns , E:-6)
    W (E:-5 ; E:-5)

Post Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Jade || ♀
    Energy: 56%
    Status: Left side badly injured; Triumphant and smirking all the same.
    (no clones left)

Horatio || ♂
    Energy: 55%

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    HP: 50%
    Energy: 59%

Tsuki-Yomi || ♀
    HP: 41%
    Energy: 52%

Ref's Notes

1 - Surprising how all of Tsuki's attacks kept on hitting the clones. o.o

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Good work you two. We probably won't be able to have another round like that one so let's do our best. Jade, I want you to start with a wide-ranged icy wind. Next, I want you to use another defense curl. If possible stay curled up and use future sight on Ziz. Otherwise roll out to whoever is closest. Horatio, after Jade uses icy wind follow up with a wide ranged heat wave. Then Let's go for randomness and try a hidden power to Tsuki. Finally finish with secret power to whoever is closest.

Jade: Icy Wind ~ Defense Curl ~ Future Sight (Ziz)/Rollout (whoever is closest)
    Horatio: Heat Wave ~ Hidden Power (Tsuki) ~ Secret Power (whoever is closest)
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Master Trainer

Okay, so we got smacked around last round. Dunnit mean we're giving up without a fight!

Ziz, burn through the Icy Wind with a blast of Fire. Aim right down at Jade and catch her in the blast. Then let out a terrifying Roar. Finally go for a Crunch at Horatio

Tsuki, send a Thunderbolt along with the Fire Blast and get a good hit in on Jade. Then use a Psychic to damage Horatio and aim his attack at Jade, and do the same for his Secret Power

Ziz: Fire Blast (@Jade)~Roar~Crunch(@ Horatio)
    Tsuki-Yomi: Thunderbolt (@Jade)~Psychic~Psychic (@Horatio)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Wolfsong VS Mew Master
    Round Four

Pre-Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Jade || ♀
    Energy: 56%
    Status: Left side badly injured; Triumphant and smirking all the same.
    (no clones left)
    Icy Wind ~ Defense Curl ~ Future Sight (Ziz)/Rollout (whoever is closest)

Horatio || ♂
    Energy: 55%
    Heat Wave ~ Hidden Power (Tsuki) ~ Secret Power (whoever is closest)

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    HP: 50%
    Energy: 59%
    Fire Blast (@Jade)~Roar~Crunch(@ Horatio)

Tsuki-Yomi || ♀
    HP: 41%
    Energy: 52%
    Thunderbolt (@Jade)~Psychic~Psychic (@Horatio)

Battle

Taking a deep deep breath and swelling up like a little balloon, Jade huffs and she puffs and she...blows a HUMONGOUS amount of air out of an impossibly tiny amount of space. Pokemon and Physics just don't go together very well. Before that burst of air can be spread sufficiently to do much harm, a fiery letter, 火, signifying Fire, makes its inexorable path down the gusts of wind, getting consumed and consumed in turn, until the word is reduced to 人, Ren, or Human, to slam into the Marill, leaving a singed mark on her snow white underbelly. Her troubles are multiplied twofold with a jaggedy bolt of electricity, courtesy of Tsuki-Yomi, crafty little thing she is. Seeing his teammate thus abused, Horatio can do nothing less but reciprocate, heat waves soon distorting the flow of air around the arena, hitting both his opponent, further burning the unfortunate Ralts.
    W (H:-23, E:-5 ; E:-6)
    MM (H:-5, E:-7; H:8, E:-6)

Made cautious by the recent slew of attacks, Jade adopts a defensive strategy, curling up tightly into a little green ball. Flapping his wings impressively and spreading them out to their maximum span, his massive jaw gapes as he bellows a roar truely fearsome, one that will strike primeval fear in many a Pokemon, much less his opponents. Horatio in the meanwhile has not been using his time unwisely, and small pinkish purple balls are making their way towards Tsuki-Yomi, where they explode upon contact. Too bad, Psychic power on a Psychic Pokemon isn't too damaging. She was a little too late to redirect the attack, but she lets Horatio have a taste of true Psychic power nonetheless.
    W (E: -3 ; H:-11, E:-6)
    MM (H:-5 , E:-5 ; E:-4)

Safe and snuggly in her defense curl, the green Marill is left at leisure to contemplate the future and the perils of it, and in particular, what perils can she inflict upon the hapless Ziz. The target in question has chosen Horatio for his victim this time, and hop-flying towards him, bites down on the furry body with all his strength. Obviously, since Ziz is the closest, he is Horatio's chosen target, and even though Tsuki is ready this time, ignoring throbbing from her burn wounds, part of the beam, not all is diverted towards the curled up Marill, due to the Growlithe's extreme proximity with the Aerodactyl.
    MM (H:-5, E:-4 ; H:-5, E:-4)
    W (H:-5, E:-7 ; H:-11, E:-5)

Post Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Jade || ♀
    HP: 12%
    Energy: 41%
    Status: Left side badly injured; Afeared of Ziz, may refuse to obey orders to approach him for a while

Horatio || ♂
    HP: 66%
    Energy: 38%
    Status: Safeguard gone; slightly apprehensive of the blighter, may not want to engage Ziz in męlée combat anytime soon.

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    Energy: 44%

Tsuki-Yomi || ♀
    HP: 23%
    Energy: 37%
    Status: Burnt(5-6% each round, won't go up any more); Hates being burnt

Ref's Notes

1 - Excuse the mandarin words,if they are even showing up, I was playing with something and decided to put them there ^^U
    2- Growlithe suffered no damage from second psychic because all psychic energy was used to divert attacks. Yah.
    Last edited by Hyperness is a Good Thing; 22nd July 2007 at 11:45 PM.

Master Trainer

Hmmm choices you two. Many choices.

Okay Tsuki, Use a Thunderbolt on Jade, that should knock her out. Should being a key word. If she's not KO'ed by it, then use a Shockwave. After all that use a Psychic to hold Horatio in place.

Ziz, put the fear into Horatio with a Crunch and Take Down Combo. Then while Tsuki has him held in place with her Psychic, Finish off the round with a Hyper Beam!

Tsuki: Thunderbotl~Shockwave (@ Jade)~Psychic (@ Hotatio, to hold in place)
    Ziz: Crunch+Take Down~Hyper Beam (@ Horatio)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Ok, Jade, here's the plan. First, I want you to start by protecting yourself. Next, Endure the shock wave. Finally finish with blizzard to Ziz. Horatio, wait until it's too late for Ziz to alter course then use agility to get out of the way and slam into Tsuki with Crunch. Don't release her and crunch down on that ralts again.

Jade: Protect ~ Endure ~ Blizzard (Ziz)
    Horatio: Agility ~ Crunch (Tsuki) ~ Crunch (Tsuki)
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Advanced Trainer

Wolfsong VS Mew Master
    Round Five

Pre-Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Jade || ♀
    HP: 12%
    Energy: 41%
    Status: Left side badly injured; Afeared of Ziz, may refuse to obey orders to approach him for a while
    Protect ~ Endure ~ Blizzard (Ziz)

Horatio || ♂
    Energy: 38%
    Status: Safeguard gone; slightly apprehensive of the blighter, may not want to engage Ziz in męlée combat anytime soon.
    Agility ~ Crunch (Tsuki) ~ Crunch (Tsuki)

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    Energy: 44%
    Crunch+Take Down~Hyper Beam (@ Horatio)

Tsuki-Yomi || ♀
    HP: 23%
    Status: Burnt(5-6% each round, won't go up any more); Hates being burnt
    Thunderbolt~Shockwave (@ Jade)~Psychic (@ Horatio, to hold in place)

Battle

Round 5 of a very exciting battle kicks off to an electrifying start, with a bolt of lightning from Tsuki to Jade, with a strong intent to...kill. Lil' Jade will have none of that, and an impenetrable defense springs up around her, effectively deflecting the lightning. Ziz prepares his super combo, opens his wings, and glides effortlessly towards Horatio, who appears to be calm, though he does fear the flying fossil. Supremely confident, Ziz's maw gapes...and suddenly, they snap together with an empty clack in the air where Horatio had been not too long ago.
    W(E:-5 ; E:-5)
    MM (E:-6 ; E:-4)

The shield around Jade fades, and Tsuki-Yomi seizes the chance to spark miniature bolts towards the Marill's general direction. Jade braces herself for the impact of the pain, and is glad to feel the damage lessened by her preparations. The Ralts has other concerns at the moment, with Horatio closing in suddenly on her, and crunching down hard, his mouth glowing with dark energy, which transfers itself into her.
    W (H:-7, E:-4 ; E:-5)
    MM (H:-13, E:-4)

Still gripping onto Tsuki, Horatio bites down deeper, channeling yet more dark energy. Tsuki doesn't struggle, but concentrating fiercely, attempts to hold him in place, but fails, and she faints dead away. Seeing his compatriot down spurs Ziz to greater efforts, and he gathers the power of hyper beam within his mouth, but the unexpected happens! Just as he is about to release the energy, he is struck, hard, by a huge blast of psychic power, knocking him a bit silly for a few moments - the few moments Jade needs to send a full force blizzard his way! As he is hit repeatedly by sharp shards of ice, Ziz curses his unlucky fate. With a contented sigh, Horatio releases the limp body of the Ralts to let it slide down onto the cold floor. At the side, Lois releases a small cry as some icy bits shatter over her and Clark.
    W (H:-2. E:-6 ; E:-4)
    MM (H:-26, E:-3)

Post Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Jade || ♀
    HP: 3%
    Energy: 26%

Horatio || ♂
    Energy: 24%

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    HP: 14%

Tsuki-Yomi || ♀
    HP: 0%
    Energy: 0%

Ref's Notes

1 - Ladeedum.

Sequence of events:
    MewMaster sends out
    Wolfsong attacks
    MewMaster attacks.
    Last edited by Hyperness is a Good Thing; 23rd July 2007 at 11:09 AM.

Master Trainer

Nice go at it Tsuki, time to let someone else get in on the carnage!

Go, Tarasque (Ramparados, Female)!
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

What is a ramparados(excuse my blurness)? O.o

EDIT: Oh nevermind, managed to find it via Google..Rampardos XP
    Last edited by Hyperness is a Good Thing; 23rd July 2007 at 05:47 AM.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Wolfsong VS Mew Master: Ref - Hyperness

Nice work you two. Now, Jade I want you to start with Aqua Jet to Ziz. If you are where you can still attack give Tarasque a nice present and finally finish with icy wind. Horatio, start with howl. Then, I want you to use Sunny day and finish with fire blast to Ziz.

Jade: Aqua Jet (Ziz) ~ Present (Tarasque) ~ Icy Wind (Both)
    Horatio: Howl ~ Sunny Day ~ Fire Blast
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Master Trainer

Ziz, you've got the speed, and Tarasque, you've got the brawn, so let's make it work!

Tarasque, hit Horatio and Jade with a spread Whirlwind, the attack should KO that annoying Marril, if not send them both flying off the top, and keep them both annoyed, try not to hit the reporters... they're getting enough hazzard pay. Then after the wind dies down Crunch and Fling Horatio off the edge of the skyscrapper.

Ziz, your weak but you're not out yet. Get behind Tarasque and let out a horrible Roar to disorient Horatio and Jade, and to counter that Howl. As Horatio's falling off the skycrapper, hit him hard with a Steel Wing to ensure he falls off, then get in position to fire a Hyper Beam the moment he touches the ground after the Kryptonian brings him back up.

Tarasque: Whirlwind (@Jade+Horatio)~Crunch+Fling (@ Horatio)
    Ziz: Roar (Counter Howl)~Steel Wing~Hyper Beam
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Before I ref, I'm not really sure of the order of events, so I just wanted to make sure.. u.u

...Let's say Jade faints, then Wolfsong will send out immediately after that batch of attacks....
    ...then what happens?
    Does Wolfsong attack first again, or will it be MewMaster's turn?

Master Trainer

I'd say that after this round if Jade Faints the Order would be

Wolfsong Sends first
    I attack
    Wolfsong attacks

However if Ziz some how gets KO'd as well..

Wolfsong Sends out
    I send out and attack
    Wolfsong attacks..

I THINK this is how it works <-<
    Last edited by Mew Master; 23rd July 2007 at 01:28 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

thanks MM..

Wolfsong VS Mew Master
    Round Six

Pre-Battle Stats
    Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Jade || ♀
    Energy: 26%
    Aqua Jet (Ziz) ~ Present (Tarasque) ~ Icy Wind (Both)

Horatio || ♂
    Energy: 24%
    Howl ~ Sunny Day ~ Fire Blast

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    HP: 14%
    Roar (Counter Howl)~Steel Wing~Hyper Beam

Tarasque || ♀

Whirlwind (@Jade+Horatio)~Crunch+Fling (@ Horatio)

Battle

A new contender approaches the battlefield, and Ziz is now joined by Tarasque, a female Rampardos. Jade doesn't waste time staring though, and she's off, landing a watery headbutt onto Ziz's stomach, knocking the breath out of him. Seeing that Horatio and Jade aren't at too close a distance for a single whirlwind to have enough effect on both, Tarasque makes her choice - and chooses the weaker and smaller as her prey. A large hurricane makes its swift course towards the Marill, as Horatio lifts his head to howl, only to be countered, yet again, by a loud roar from Ziz, who hops a little to sidestep the swirling winds which have caught up the little Marill, spinning her around, and slamming her into the stairwell wall, knocking the breath, and remaining strength left in her.
    MM (H:-11, E:-4 ; E:-5)
    W(H:-3 ; E:-4)

Post Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Jade || ♀

Horatio || ♂
    Energy: 20%

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    Energy: 33%

Tarasque || ♀

Energy: 95%

Ref's Notes

1 - Tarasque's Whirlwind choice was randomised.

..Lessee, so,
    Wolfsong sends
    MM attacks
    Wolfsong sends...

that's how it works right?

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I choose my female miltank Calleigh Duquesne. Calleigh you're on.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Master Trainer

Oh! We're waiting on me?! Whoops... <-<

Alright my Prehistoric Duo, Ziz, your time is almost up, but that doesn't mean you're going down without a fight. Combo an Agility with a Giga Impact to beat that Growlithe into submission.

Tarasque, time to live up to your name-sake. Take on that Miltank with all the tenacity that you've got! Give her a Scary Face, followed by a Hammer Arm and then a Thrash. If she tries a Defense Curl, Slam her towards the edge of the roof.

Ziz: Agility+Giga Impact
    Tarasque: Scary Face~Hammer Arm~Thrash
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Calleigh I want you to start by closing your eyes and using a wide ranged icy wind. Next, when you hear Horatio's Howl open your eyes and use seismic toss on Tarasque when she comes at you with Hammer Arm. Finally finish with Water Pulse to Ziz if he is still up and going. If Ziz has fainted by now otherwise use ice punch on Tarasque.

Horatio, use an agility to dodge that combo. Then, when Tarasque is finished with the scary face howl to not only pump yourself up but to also let Calleigh let it know it's ok to open her eyes. Finally I want you to finish by just relaxing unless you see an attack coming your way then use reversal to whoever atacked.

Calleigh: [b]Icy Wind ~ Seismic Toss (Tarasque) ~ Water Pulse (Ziz)/Ice Punch (Tarasque)
    Horatio: Agility ~ Howl ~ Relax/Reversal (whoever attacks)
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Advanced Trainer

Wolfsong VS Mew Master
    Round Seven

Pre-Battle Stats
    Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Calleigh Duquesne|| ♀
    Icy Wind ~ Seismic Toss (Tarasque) ~ Water Pulse (Ziz)/Ice Punch (Tarasque)

Horatio || ♂
    Energy: 20%
    Agility ~ Howl ~ Relax/Reversal (whoever attacks)

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂
    Energy: 33%
    Agility+Giga Impact

Tarasque || ♀

Energy: 95%

Scary Face~Hammer Arm~Thrash

Battle

With Jade's knockout, her trainer recalls her and sends out a heftier Pokemon, a female Miltank, known as Calleigh Duquesne. Eager to immediately intimidate her foe, Tarasque stomps right up to her, and leers, baring all her rows of very sharp teeth(Do Rampardos have teeth? Well if they don't, for this current round I decree that they do). Tarasque's efforts go to naught as Calleigh simply closes her eyes, and rewards her with a blast of icy cold wind. Ziz, knowing that this round is probably his last, has long taken to the air, wings spread wide, outline blurring as he uses Agility. With a raucous cry, he swoops, bearing down on Horatio, who also uses Agility in an attempt to avoid him...and he fails. 130 pounds of angry Aerodactyl slam into him, knocking the breath out of him.
    W (E:-5 | H:-13, E:-5)
    MM (H:-8, E:-3 | E:-19)

Horatio throws all his irritation and pain into a bloodcurdling howl - Ziz looks uneasy being so close, though he is currently too worn out to move very much. Tarasque is also quite affected, but quickly shakes it off to give a whack to the Miltank, whose eyes have suddenly opened. Tarasques lands her blow a little off, because, with a audible grunt of effort, Milktank has picked her up, spins her a little, and, heaves her as strongly as she can. Luckily for the Tarasque, her greater weight ensures that she lands pretty nearby, and not off the roof.
    W(E:-4 | H:-9, E:7)
    MM (H:-8, E:-8)

Wanting to deal with the almost defeated Ziz, Calleigh water bombs him, mercifully knocking him out almost immediately. Tarasque, moving wildly, struggles towards Calleigh, flailing at her with her arms and legs, striking her once of twice. A little further off, Horatio relaxes, gaining back some lost energy.
    W(E:+8 | H:-9, E:-6)
    MM(E:-7)

Post Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Calleigh Duquesne|| ♀
    HP: 82%
    Energy: 82%

Horatio || ♂
    HP: 53%
    Energy: 19%

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Ziz || ♂

Tarasque || ♀

HP: 84%
    Energy: 77%
    Status: Not too cool with going near the Growlithe ; a little slower than usual

Ref's Notes

1 - Icy Wind didn't hit anyone else even though Calleigh tried to make it widespread because a lot of it hit Tarasque, who was right in front of her, some swirled about but not enough to do significant damage. Hmm. Ziz used Agility to attack, Horatio used Agility to dodge, but Ziz has good speed...in the end, determined by the dice.
    2- Hammer Arm didn't get a direct hit, but Tarasque will still be a bit slow the next round.

MM sends
    Wolfsong attacks
    Mew Master attacks

Master Trainer

Hmmm.... Given the terrain and the lack of using many good Rock and Ground moves, and lack of water many of my team is useless... time for something else.

I'll go with Dream Catcher!

(M)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Horatio, I want ou to start with safe guard. Then, I want you to use helping hand on Calleigh. FInally finnish with heat wave to both opponents unless it is raining then use hidden power on Tarasque. Calleigh, I want you to start with Sunny day. Then, use dizzy punch to Tarasque. Finally, let's go for randomness. Finnish with hidden power to Dream Catcher.

Horatio: Safeguard ~ Helping Hand (Calleigh) ~ Heat Wave (both)/Hidden Power (Tarasque)
    Calleigh: Sunny Day ~ Dizzy Punch (Tarasque) ~ Hidden Power (Dream Catcher)
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Master Trainer

Hmm... okay, let's work wtih this.

Dream Eater, get next to Tarasque and use a Safeguard on the two of you. Then, use a Psychic to redirect that Dizzy Punch so that it hits Horatio instead of Tarasque. Finally get some Rain going with a Rain Dance.

Tarasque, get back up to speed with a Rock Polish. Then after Horatio gets hit with the Dizzy Punch, use a Crunch and hold him in your teeth, then use a point-blank Thunder on him after the rain starts.

Dream Catcherafeguard~Psychic (Re-direct Dizzy Punch)~Rain Dance
    Tarasque: Rock Polish~Crunch~Thunder (@ Horatio)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

I haveto point out, MM, you called DreamCatcher Dream Eater in your attack orders xD
    My old chimecho! *huggles*

Wolfsong VS Mew Master
    Round Eight

Pre-Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Calleigh Duquesne|| ♀
    Energy: 82%
    Sunny Day ~ Dizzy Punch (Tarasque) ~ Hidden Power (Dream Catcher)

Horatio || ♂
    HP: 53%
    Energy: 19%
    Safeguard ~ Helping Hand (Calleigh) ~ Heat Wave (both)/Hidden Power (Tarasque)

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Dream Catcher || ♂
    Safeguard~Psychic (Re-direct Dizzy Punch)~Rain Dance

Tarasque || ♀

Energy: 77%
    Status: Not too cool with going near the Growlithe ; a little slower than usual
    Rock Polish~Crunch~Thunder (@ Horatio)

Battle

Recalling the fainted Ziz, MewMaster throws out....a Chimecho! Dream Catcher hops over to her compatriot, and multicoloured balls spin in the air around the both of them. Horatio, a little distance away, is doing the same, but only for himself. Calleigh summons the sun imperiously, causing the clouds to part and beams of sunrays to shine down upon the arena. Concentrating and suddenly gleaming, Tarasque regains her lost speed and a little more.
    MM(E:-5 | E:-8)
    W (E:-5 |E:-6)

Barking enthusiastically, Horatio wags his tail encouragingly towards Calleigh, nudging her forward a little, and she takes heart, getting ready to move forward to give Tarasque a good beating! She rushes forward, but to her surprise and consternation, is spun around wildly, and her lunging fist makes it's way towards Horatio's stunned face. Hesitating, Tarasque moves gingerly forward, but shudders and backs away, unwilling to go near the Growlithe to bite into him.
    W (E:-9, E:-4 | E:-5)
    MM (E:-7)

Horatio is reeling around, still confused from the attack. He totters, and falls on his face, something which he will remember with shame later, hurting only himself and his pride. Calleigh focuses, and some little dull green orbs bounce out, colliding into DreamCatcher and exploding with little popping noises. Ignoring the pain, the Chimecho bounces around, perfoming a strange dance to call the rain. However, the earlier Sunny Day has to be overcome, and only a very slight drizzle falls. Tarasque, glad that she doesn't have to go near him to attack him, gathers static and aims it right at the confused Growlithe, who whines as his body is filled with the strange, crackling electricity. He is lucky though, for his safeguard protects him from paralysis, absorbing the extra energy.
    W (
    H:-4+<-13> |E:-5)
    MM(H:-14, E:-6 | E:-6 )

Post Battle Stats

Wolfsong
    OOOOOO

Calleigh Duquesne|| ♀
    Energy: 66%

Horatio || ♂
    HP: 27%
    Energy: 10%

Mew Master
    OOOOOO

Dream Catcher || ♂
    HP: 86%
    Energy: 79%

Tarasque || ♀

Energy: 66%
    Safeguard will last 4 rounds

Ref's Notes

1 -Calleigh's Hidden Power: bug type

Master Trainer

Well this is a fine pickle. Time to make it bread-and-butter style.

Dream Eater, Horatio's been in the fight long enough, so let's take it out. Use a Psychic to hyper-extend and dislocate his jaws, hopefully making any bite attacks useless. Cut loose with a Charge Beam, then go with a Grass Knot on Calleigh.

Tarasque, take on the cow as much as you can. Unerve her with a Leer, then hit her hard with a Dragon Pulse. Then hit Horatio with a Thunderbolt. If she tries to go after Dream Catcher again, Rock Climb to intercept.

Dream Catcher: Psychic~Charge Beam (@ Horatio)~Grass Knot (Calleigh)
    Tarasque: Leer~Dragon Pulse (@ Calleigh)~Thunderbolt (@ Horatio) (Sub: Rock Climb)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

*hopes that this makes sense*

Calleigh, I want you to just ignore Tarasque atm and focus all your attention on using swagger at Dream Catcher. Hopefully we can distract her enough to not have her go after horatio. Finnish with bide to whoever is closest if we can pick a target for released energy. Horatio start with protect if Calleigh's swagger failed and Howl if it was successful. Next, use another howl. Finally, I want you to finish with crunch to dream Catcher.

Calleigh:Swagger (Dream Catcher) ~ Bide (if possible to choose a target whoever is closest)
    Horatio: Protect/Howl ~ Howl~ Crunch (Dream Catcher)
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Master Trainer

*bump*

Reffing... pleeeeeeeeeease?
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer

Here Reffy reffy... here boy er... GIRL!
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer

Hey Wolfsong... may I suggest we find a Sub-Ref? I don't really like forfiting at this point... too many possibilities.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer

Okay... I'm going to have to say that this match isn't going to get... um... finished... so I'll forfit so I can have a free space. Sorry Wolfsong... perhaps we can have another match... another time.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art