Thread: The November Contest!

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Default The November Contest!

Okay! So the Contests be startin up again! Not quite November yet but it will be soon enough. Pre-admissions are always good.

However this one is ONLY open to though who are not in the Grand Festival. If however, for some odd reason you have a ribbon but are not in the GF, you can enter. Right, so I think you got that and onto the rest of the rules.

Appealing Rules

This will be a simple contest to get back into the swing of things. There will be six competitors maximum and NO reservations. We will lose two competitors each round until we have two and as usual, they duke it out for Five Rounds.

Appeal One=Six people
    Appeal Two=Four people
    Battle Round One=Two people fightin it out for Five Rounds.

A standard appeal, one Pokémon per Appeal and three attacks to wow yours truly with. You may choose a different Pokémon for Appeal Two but the Pokémon you battle with must be one of the two you appealed with.

The arena is outdoors in a simple grass field but there is a smallish pool off to the right. The audience is on three sides, the pool is near to the right arm of stands. There is a roof over the stands so all attacks are allowed.

So please post your Pokémon and your appeal.

The Coordinators
    1. Mike Mysterio
    2. Chris 2.1
    3. Houndoom_Lover
    4. Dream Breaker
    5. Crystal Tears
    6. Vermillion

Nov. Ribbon
    Last edited by Pichu Luver; 1st January 2008 at 10:23 PM.
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

You must fear the Reaper! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The November Contest!

I'll sign up for this, it's been a while since I've been in a contest. I'll send out Eddie, my shiny male Charmeleon.

Alright Eddie start off by jumping up as high as you can with Aerial Ace. Then surround yourself with a Fire Spin. After that tear your way out of the Fire Spin with Dragon Claw.

~Aerial Ace~Fire Spin~Dragon Claw~

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll enter. I'm using Yukea, my [M] Snover.

Yukea, begin by unleashing a shadow ball. Then fire a razor leaf to burst the big orb and freeze the leaves and wisps of shadows mid-air with blizzard.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm here! Are you ready to Rock, in the name of Halloween, I send out Mephistopheles (Male, Houndoom)

Now, Mephistopheles, mount the sky with Faint Attack, reapear above the smallish pond, let out a dark pulse, and as gravity starts to drag you down, go into a spin with Fire Spin, hitting the water- horns first!

Faint Attck (in to the sky, over the pond)~Dark Pulse(as soon as he reapears over the pond)~Fire Spin (as he falls)

*bows*
    Last edited by Houndoom_Lover; 29th October 2007 at 05:04 PM.
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Judge of the Frost Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I'll try this out; seems fun ^^

Tethys, my female Horsea, shall be partaking in this appeal and be releasing her into the pond.

"All right Tethys, start things off with a gentle Rain Dance. The audience should remain dry due to the roofs over the stands, so no worries there. Get around the shallows of the pond and start a Whirlpool. Once it's sufficiently strong and beautiful throw yourself into the center of it (jump into the eye) and shoot a Signal Beam into the air."

Rain Dance ~ Whirlpool ~ Signal Beam

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I’ll choose Judge Zargabaath (Starmie)

Ooh this is a bit ridiculous but...

Let’s try this. Zoom across the water using a tackle while trailing bubbles from bubblebeam! When you’ve reached the other side of the pond, signify you’ve reached your destination by releasing a funky psywave and spinning a bit!

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I am choosing OzCorsola! Aqua Ring - Ice Beam the Aqua Ring and then fire a confuse ray into it for a glittery finish!

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Andrew, you're participating in the GF right? That kinda nullifies the appeal.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Indeed, sorry Andrew you can't participate in this contest. No one in the GF can join this one I'm afraid. If there is anyone else out there, we have one more spot left.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Sexual Discrimination!111

Warlock for Life-Mediev Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

And then there were six....I'll grab the last spot with my Male Golduck, Njord.

Alright Njord I'm feel very LoTR so lets use Arwen's water technique *Please correct me with the proper name of it ^_^* Start with Surf and gather the water in the pond into a might wave to crash down on top of you. Use Psychic and reform the water into charging Horses and at the last second hit this creation with a mighty Blizzard to freeze it all into an arcing statute.
    Boo Yah!

Riken | Oryx | Njord | Wraith | Blysse | Zoso
    Kabuki | Poe | Faul | Cruz | Haku | Surtr
    Trilless | Maladroit | Argonaut | Eowen | Gaia | Chocobo
    Penelo | Thor | Nereus
    Sylar | Mercutio

Thanks River, you RaWk with a passion...Word.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Ello!

-~*The November Contest!*~-

Appeal One
    ---------***6/6~6/6***---------

Arena: Outdoor Field

The arena is outdoors in a simple grass field but there is a smallish pool off to the right. The audience is on three sides; the pool is near to the right arm of stands. There is a roof over the stands so all attacks are allowed.

The Contestants

Eddie Charmeleon
    Taught by: Mike Mysterio
    -:Appeals:-
    Aerial Ace/Fire Spin/Dragon Claw

~~~

Yukea Snover
    Taught by: Chris 2.1
    Shadow Ball/Razor Leaf/Blizzard

~~~

Mephistopheles Houndoom
    Taught by: Houndoom_Lover
    Faint Attack/Dark Pulse/Fire Spin

~~~

Tethys Horsea
    Taught by: Dream Breaker
    Rain Dance/Whirlpool/Signal Beam

~~~

Judge Zargabaath Starmie
    Taught by: Crystal Tears
    Tackle/Bubblebeam/Psywave

~~~

Njord Golduck
    Taught by: Vermillion
    Surf/Psychic/Blizzard

------******------

At the head of the field a flash blinds the Contestants and the audience for a second. When their eyes clear they see the Judge skittering her way over to her desk. She plops down; looking slightly frazzled, and waves for the first Appeal-ie to step forward.

Mike Mysterio does so, wondering at the abruptness of the judge, and releases his Pokémon of choice. A gold Charmeleon appears onto the field, looking quite confident as he flexes his talons. Mike gives Eddie his orders and the Charmeleon nods once. Eddie rushes forward toward the judge and leaps as high as he can. Which is pretty high, all things considered. At the apex of his leap he spins like a top and a tunnel of fire swirls around him. His form is hidden from view as assumedly he lands safely. Suddenly indigo coloured claws break through the spinning torrent and rip a seam in its side. Eddie quickly leaps through the hole, rolling a bit before leaping to his feet and posing. His tail is a bit singed but overall he looks good.

The Fire Spin quickly spins itself out with the hole in it and the clean up crew rushes out and heals the damaged turf so the next contestant can come forward. As soon as they are gone, Chris 2.1 the Not-to-be-Feared-Now coordinator steps forward and releases his Snover, Yukea. Yukea quickly sets about his attacks. First he forms a ball of cackling energy that can't seem to decide to be white or green, so it swirls, sending out cackles that don't-quite-touch Yukea. He shoots it forward over the Judge's head and he quickly follows this up with a flurry of spinning razor sharp leaves. They rapidly catch up with the slower moving orb and it explodes with sparks and white/green energy. The leaves are caught in the explosion and go flying everywhere. The second the leaves were in the air, Yukea was calling up a Blizzard and it sprays out in front of him. The ice shards stab a few leaves and coat them with a think sheet of ice but they are not frozen and they drift to ground, flashing a little in the sun.

The team grabs the leaves scattered about and Houndoom_Lover happily bounces onto the field. She releases her Houndoom and the cleaners quickly exit the field. Mephistopheles nods to his trainer before bounding over to the pond. He leaps into the air and vanishes from view. He reappears above the pond, and a dark energy forms around his body before he releases it in a burst at the pool below. It sails for the water and on contact the water explodes outward. He spins while breathing fire and it swirls around him, a twister of fire that reaches down to the water. There is a great deal of steam of contact. The water rushes back to fill the space it left and smashes against the fire, extinguishing it just as Mephistopheles falls into it.

After retrieving an unconscious Mephistopheles, the newest member here to the boards takes the stage. He releases his Horsea, Tethys, into the pool and she looks quite excited at her first contest. First she looks to the sky and calls upon the rain. Only a one round storm though, no need for it to be too powerful. Then, she starts to swim around and around in the pool. The water begins to turn and she hurriedly goes as close as she can to the edge without actually coming out of the water. The pool soon is merrily spinning away, and Tethys is swimming to keep away from the pull of it. As soon as she can see the bottom of the pool, she lets the whirlpool get a hold of her and uses its momentum to fling herself into the centre. She lands awkwardly on her back and since she can't actually sit up, she just props herself on her flippers and shoots a beam of rainbow coloured light up into the cloud. The colours of the beam glow in the droplets, for a very nice effect.

The rain clears off and Horsea very kindly uses Surf to get the water calm again. The next Coordinator is Crystal Tears and she seems very amused about something. She releases her Starmie by the odd name of Judge Zargabaath. Zargabaath jumps into the pool and without delay zooms across its surface, a decent sized wake behind it. It spews Bubbles from the top point and they trail out behind it as it speeds across. The pool isn't very long and it reaches the opposite side quite quickly. It leaps out of the water and lands; emitting waves of Psy energy out the second it touches the ground.

Next up is Vermillion, stepping around a protesting Andrew as he is dragged off. The Judge snorts and raises her eyebrow at his comments but waves for Vermillion to come forward. He releases his Golduck and Njord limbers up his arms, focusing on the pond. Suddenly the water in it heaves upward and rushes out of its bowl onto the grass and hurtles for Golduck. Quickly he starts waving his arms and a purple glows surrounds him and the water. The water slows slightly and starts to morph into a shape, but you can see the frown of concentration on Njord's face. A few horse like shapes can be seen, mostly their heads and chest, but their legs can't seem to really separate from the wave. No matter, just as it is looming over Njord, he forces a cone of cold air and ice shard and it sheets the entire structure. It is rather odd looking though, it has ice shards sticking out of it in some places.

With the Appeals done the Judge looks over her notes and pronounces her decision.

---------******---------

The Contestants

Eddie Charmeleon
    -:The Mark:-
    8.8/10
    -:Comments:-
    Well done! This was quite a good use of Charmeleon's attacks. The only problem was that well, Fire Spin 'spins' and the hole wouldn't stay where he made it. As he leaps, its moving away and it caught his tail.

Yukea Snover
    6.8/10
    This was an all right appeal. Shadow Ball is used a lot so that detracted a bit but having leaves scatter everywhere from the explosion was interesting. The problem was that Blizzard is mostly made up of ice shards and it had to catch up with the leaves, which in turn had to catch up with the Shadow Ball. So by the time it got there it would still be quite cold, but not 'freeze solid' type stuff. Also, I don't think you can freeze what is, in essence, pure energy (Shadow Ball) so that didn't work.

Mephistopheles Houndoom
    Taught by: Houndoom_Lover
    4.1/10
    The biggest detractor here was that Houndoom is part Fire and you asked him to jump into pool of water. That would seriously hurt and maybe a Flare Blitz could let a Fire type jump into water, but it would not protect them for very long, if at all. Fire Spin is not a very strong move and it doesn't surround the user, its just spins around a certain spot. The Dark Pulse exploding the water might have been interesting but not with the ending it had. Sorry.

Tethys Horsea
    8.2/10
    The best part of this appeal was at the end and how the droplets mirrored the colours of the beam. I can understand why you used Whirlpool, but it's just a bit awkward for a seahorse to jump into the middle where there will be no water. The pool was not very large so the water would be pushed to the edge. So Horsea would be caught a little, and had to fight her own attack. Overall, very well done though.

Judge Zargabaath Starmie
    Taught by: Crystal Tears
    6.2/10
    While this was quirky and kind of amusing, it didn't feel complete. The Psywave felt kind of tacked on, as it did not really tie into the speeding bubble-wake. The first two attacks had a good effect but perhaps Double-Edge instead to really get Zargabaath moving. Also, perhaps a water-themed ending or speed based, for a better tie-up.

Njord Golduck
    8.6/10
    Quite interesting and I liked how you used all three attacks to tell a story, very cool. While Goldduck is known for having Psychic powers, it was a bit much to think it could get the multitude of horses that shot had. Also, Blizzard is again made up of ice shards, which freeze together with the surrounding cold air. Ice Beam maybe have been better, but still a great appeal.

So Mike Mysterio, Chris 2.1, Dream Breaker, and Vermillion go on to Appeal Two. Please post your appeals soon as I will be quicker getting it up. BTW, it is again just a standard appeal.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll use my [F] Tentacool, Ruby. Obviously she'll go into the little pond.

Ruby I want you to shimmer with mirror coat as you spin in the water with rapid spin, and blast an aurora beam directly up (assuming they're fired from her red 'eyes') into the air

I want it to happen in sequence, so first shimmer, then spin, then blast, but I'd like (if possible) for Ruby to have mirror coat on all through the appeal, and spin during the appeal. I think that's possible.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Beginning Trainer

For my second appeal, I'll choose my female Vulpix, Clayr, and release her near the pond's edge.

"Clayr, get as close to the pool's edge as you feel comfortable; we don't want you falling in like the Houndoom from the last appeal, but I want you to be close-ish. Release as many mysterious Will-o-Wisp's as you can muster over the pool's surface, preferably a few inches above so they don't extinguish. Their reflection should be beautiful, so add to the flaming blue spheres by sending an Energy Ball into their midst; let it wander amongst the Will-o-Wisps. Let the effect go on for a few seconds, then end your appeal by disentigrating all of the spheres with an Extrasensory."

Will-o-Wisp ~ Energy Ball ~ Extrasensory

You must fear the Reaper! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

For this round I'll send out Trish, my female Pichu.

Alright Trish start off by jumping into the pond while using Body Slam to make the biggest splash you can. Then take control of the water you spalshed up with Surf to form it into a helix rising out of the pond. After that fire a Zap Cannon stright up through the center of the helix.

~Body Slam~Surf~Zap Cannon~

Warlock for Life-Mediev Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Sorry for the delay...

I choose my Shiny Bayleaf Penelo for my appeal and I release her a few yards from the pond.

Ok girl I want you to charge for the water and as you do so summon a boulder with Ancient Power, manipulate it to fire in front of you toward the pond at an angle. Next before the stone gets away from you throw your Vine Whips and grabs the boulder, jump and reel yourself in to land on top of it while its still air borne, hang on tight! Now when the rock hits the water release Leaf Storm behind you to propel yourself and skip the water on top of the rock.

Wow thats a lot ^_^.
    Boo Yah!

Riken | Oryx | Njord | Wraith | Blysse | Zoso
    Kabuki | Poe | Faul | Cruz | Haku | Surtr
    Trilless | Maladroit | Argonaut | Eowen | Gaia | Chocobo
    Penelo | Thor | Nereus
    Sylar | Mercutio

Thanks River, you RaWk with a passion...Word.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

*appears*

Appeal Two
    ---------***4/6~4/6***---------

Arena: Outdoor Field
    The arena is outdoors in a simple grass field but there is a smallish pool off to the right. The audience is on three sides; the pool is near to the right arm of stands. There is a roof over the stands so all attacks are allowed.

The Contestants

Ruby Tentacool
    Mirror Coat/Rapid Spin/Aurora Beam

~~~

Clayr Vulpix
    Will-o-Wisp/Energy Ball/Extrasensory

~~~
    Trish Pichu
    Body Slam/Surf/Zap Cannon

~~~

Penelo Bayleef
    Ancient Power/Vine Whip/Leaf Storm

------******------

Houndoom_Lover and Crystal Tears leave the field and the remaining four coordinators think carefully about what would make a good appeal. It doesn't take long and Chris is the first to step forward. He releases his Tentacool, Ruby, into the pool and she quickly starts her appeal.

First she glows a translucent pink colour, and the water itself almost seems to be repelled by the attack. While she is glowing a nice shiny pink, she starts to spin. It isn't very long before she is like the drain pulled out of the sink and she has all the water around her spinning madly. Some of it is even creating a short funnel, obscuring her from view except for a slightly purple oval glow seen through the water. To top it all off, she releases a beam of very narrow ice crystals up into the air. Because she is spinning the line is wavering but this has a good effect as the light is refracting through the ice and rainbows are glinting off of them as it wavers upwards. She finishes her appeal, slowly coming to a stop and the ice shards rain down around her.

The ice shards quickly melt and Dream Breaker takes the stage. He releases his female Vulpix, Clayr and she nods when she hears his instructions. She runs up to the pool, which has calmed down to be a flat pane in the time since Chris's appeal. She takes a deep breath and holds it as she super heats the air inside herself, making it as hot as she can. Then she breathes it out, but very slowly, as she doesn't want it to go streaming off, like most time this attack is used. It slows and it hovers over the pool, flickering. She quickly follows this by charging up a green ball of concentrated grass energy. She sends this over the pool as well, but again with minimal force behind it so as it stops and sits over the pool. Now these attacks can't sustain themselves forever and the flames are starting to flicker in and out and the ball is looking unstable when Clayr sends out a beam of wavering psyconic power. It his the Energy Ball which explodes and the energy waves from both attacks spread outward, breaking apart the fires, so a blue, green and purple array of energy reflects off the pool.

Mike Mysterio steps up next with his Pichu, Trish. Once more we have a Pokémon running up to the water. Although this time she does something rather amusing, she Body Slams the pool. Now being a Pichu (and hence only one foot tall), the splash is by no means huge. She has about a two-foot radius of water splashing upward only about two feet. She is stunned for a few seconds as whacking the water face first is not particularly pleasant. When she gets her senses back she immediately starts her Surf. The water had almost finished settling when the circle of waves springs upward and widens. Soon there is a swirl of water obscuring Trish from view. You can't even see her anymore because she is so tiny and she is now on the slightly muddy pool bottom. Then there is a yellow glow through the water, tinted slightly green through the water. Suddenly the glow is shooting upward, zigzagging side to side erratically. As it shoots out the top she lets the Surf come down slowly and swims out of the pool.

Lastly, but not leastly is Vermillion and his Bayleef, Penelo. Running at the pool seems popular this round. As Penelo runs she uses her mind powers and yanks up a rock from beneath the soil. It's a decent sized rock but not the biggest ever seen. She flings it at the pool but as she does so she snakes out her vines and grabs it before reeling her vines in like a tape measure. She slams into the boulder and definitely hangs on tight as she soars for the pond. She lifts her neck leaves and shoots out a spiral of leaves behind her. She smacks into the water and the force of the attack sends her and the rock ploughing through the water. A rock is a rock unless is flat and so skipable. Unfortunately Penelo's rock is not so it ploughs into the water and sinks, and Penelo, being so firmly attached, goes down with it. She gurgles and there are bubbles before she manages to wrench herself free and awkwardly swims to the surface. Vermillion quickly returns her, as she is not a great swimmer.

Once more the Judge consults her notes before standing and pronouncing her judgement.

---------******---------

The Contestants

Ruby Tentacool
    9.5/10
    Great appeal! The combination of the glowing Tentacool in the midst of that spinning water was a great idea and the Aurora Beam at the end was a suburb finish. I especially liked the effect spinning had on the attack.

Clayr Vulpix
    9.3/10
    This was unique and that most attacks are used to hit something else or keep going, you had it so the stop and use the pool as a mirror. It was a great idea and not something that I have seen before.

Trish Pichu
    7.4/10
    While the Body Slam was amusing it didn't have the effect you were possibly going for, as Pichu is tiny. So any splash is going to be minimal. Also the glow and spinning vortex we have already seen this round so it lost some of its effect.

Penelo Bayleef
    6.8/10
    Interesting combo, unfortunately it had a bad finish. A rock is a rock and unless it's the skip-able kind it is not likely to skip, just sink, especially a boulder big enough for a Bayleef to stand on.

So Chris 2.1 and Dream Breaker go on to the Battle Round. A randomizer showed that Dream Breaker posts his Poké of choice (one of the two used in this Contest) followed by Chris with his Poké and attacks.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Beginning Trainer

I'll choose my Horsea, Tethys.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I choose my Tentacool, Ruby [F]

Ruby use poison jab, giga drain then facade. Mirror coat any special attacks.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Beginning Trainer

"Hydro Pump her to throw her back when she comes in for the Poison Jab, Mimic the Giga Drain and then use Double Team, Tethys."

Hydro Pump ~ Mimic ~ Double Team
    Last edited by Dream Breaker; 14th December 2007 at 08:33 PM.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

narg

-~* Chris 2.1 VS Dream Breaker*~-

Battle Round One
    One on One
    ------*1~1*------

Banned Moves: None.

Arena: Outdoor Field.

Pokémon

Ruby Tentacool
    Trained by: Chris 2.1
    HP:
    100%
    Energy: 100%
    -:Attacks:-
    Mirror Coat/Giga Drain/Facade

~~~~~~

Tethys Horsea
    Trained by: Dream Breaker
    HP:
    100%
    Energy: 100%
    Hydro Pump/Mimic/Double Team

------******------

I be back and so we go on. Now we go on to the smack down of armless water types. Yes that did make sense, nyah. Anyway, the two trainers step up to the pool and release their Pokémon. One is a jellyfish and almost disappears into the background of water and the other is a seahorse that looks ready to kick jello. So once their orders are gotten, they proceed to the usually business of pummelling each other.

Ruby is watching Tethys closely as she has dual orders. Tethys therefore is up first and she sucks in a lot of air and looks water like an inflatable beach toy. Ruby nods to herself and becomes covered in a pink translucent layer. Tethys doesn't give much thought to this and fires her massive burst of water. She is pushed back a little from the blast and the water slams into Ruby. She is also pushed back but the energy is absorbed and the entire torrent is reversed and sent back. Tethys gets the goggle eyes as the water slams over her and she disappears for a bit before coming up, looking dazed.

Tethys shakes over her dizziness as she sees two tentacles come at her. She forces her eyes to focus and watch as Ruby wraps a now single tentacle around her that has elongated considerably. It is glowing a green colour and she resolutely continues to watch as health is sucked away from her. It hurts quite a bit but when it is over, she now knows how to use Giga Drain.

The final attack exchange has Tethys playing 'guess who'. She splits her image off into five different pictures. They float in the water, looking smugly at Ruby. Ruby looks only a tad annoyed and decides the one to her right must be it. She powers up and rushes through the water, starting to glow a bit white in colour. She zooms right on through the image and they all pop out of existence, having done their intended job. Tethys was actually only on over and she cries her name happily.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Ruby Tentacool
    HP:
    97%
    Energy: 86%

~~~~~~

Tethys Horsea
    HP:
    82%
    Energy: 85%

Ruby was hurt 3% from Hydro Pump.
    Ruby was fatigued 6% for the Mirror Coat, 4% for Giga Drain, 4% for Facade.

Tethys was hurt 6% for the Hydro Pump and 12% from Giga Drain.
    Tethys was fatigued 6% for the Hydro Pump, 5% for Mimic, 4% for Double Team.

Dream Breaker posts attacks first.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Beginning Trainer

"Smokescreen, then Dive underneath the surface. Dragon Dance."

Smokescreen ~ Dive ~ Dragon Dance

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Chris asked me to post his Appeals for him because he's a lazy wanker.

"Rapid Spin to clear the smoke, Giga Drain to recover some health, and Poison Jab."

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

So be it.

-~* Chris 2.1 VS Dream Breaker*~-

Battle Round Two
    One on One
    ------*1~1*------

Banned Moves: None.

Arena: Outdoor Field.

Pokémon

Ruby Tentacool
    HP:
    97%
    Energy: 86%
    Rapid Spin/Giga Drain/Poison Jab

~~~~~~

Tethys Horsea
    HP:
    82%
    Energy: 85%
    Smokescreen/Dive/Dragon Dance

------******------

Tethys thinks that the game of 'find me if you can,' is a good notion. So she tries it again, except this time she inhales and exhales a great amount of dark grey smoke that billows over the entire circumference of the pond. The trainers and the spectators cannot see a thing until the drifting smoke starts to spin. A small twister appears on the left side of the pond, and it is dragging in all the inky smoke. Soon, Tethys reappears and the twister tightens until water is being picked up and the smokescreen disappears into the water or disperses high up. Tethys is not pleased.

Tethys glares at Ruby before diving beneath the waves. Ruby is seeking for some more HP boosting goodness. Ruby rapidly elongates her left tentacle and it glows a bright emerald green reaching for the quickly descending Horsea. Tethys looks over her shoulder and tries to quicken her pace. She reaches the bottom of the pool and scoots along the bottom, as Ruby's tentacle grasps after her, but it is just a tad to short. Ruby yells in frustration, and Tethys is glad that she avoided the very painful move.

Since she is down here, she figures she might as well boogie some. Er...I mean, she does a very elaborate and specialized dance that has special significance to the Dragon kind. Yes that is what the Ref meant. As she is twirling and speed and doing her elaborate things to boost her Attack and Speed. Ruby looks beneath the waves and spies her prey. She curls her right tentacle closer to her body and swims over to the sha-saying Horsea. It glows an eerier purple, with some sickly green swirls to it. Ruby waits until Tethys strays into her path and slams her with it. Tethys cries out and looks shocked. She was so focused on her dance she did not even notice Ruby coming. Ruby chuckles and Thethys groans and if one were to look closely they could se a break in her scales into which the poison has seeped in.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Ruby Tentacool
    HP:
    97%
    Energy: 76%

~~~~~~

Tethys Horsea
    HP:
    74%
    Energy: 77%
    Status: Ow. AT and SP boosted {+1}. Poisoned, 2% next round.

Ruby was not hurt.
    Ruby was fatigued 2% for the Rapid Spin, 4% for Giga Drain, 4% for Poison Jab.

Tethys was hurt 8% for Poison Jab.
    Tethys was fatigued 3% for the Smokescreen, 2% for Dive, and 3% for Dragon Dance.

Chris 2.1 posts attacks first.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ok aurora beam, poison jab and end with sludge bomb. mirror coat any special attacks and use giga drain if Horsea gets close enough.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Well it's unfortunate but as Dream Breaker has disappeared this is going to have to be DQ'd. It's gone on quite long enough. Chris, the Nov. Ribbon is yours. Because it wasn't finished, Chris and I shall get 2 points instead of the full 4 points.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*