Thread: The Icebox Contest!

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Default The Icebox Contest!

Happy New Year everyone! Welcome to 2008 and here be your first Contest of the year. ^^

EDIT:
    Due to contest sign ups slowing down, and they are taking two months to complete, they have been extended to last two months instead of one. So... having January/February Contest for a title is just horrible, hence 'Icebox'. --''' It was that or Freezuary. ¬¬ Err... I was feeling uninspired and heck the arena has snow in it. There are three spots left (DB has disappeared) and if you can post before I do (the appeal round) then you can be in it.

Appealing Rules

In this Contest there will be nine competitors maximum as the final battle will be a three Pokémon free for all. Also, reservations are allowed. We will lose three competitors each round until we have the final three. They will duke it out for Six Rounds, however since the Contests are running over, it may be for Three Rounds (if this one runs late as well), so everyone has a chance to go last.

Appeal One=Nine people
    Appeal Two=Six people
    Battle Round One=Three people fighting it out for Six Rounds (Three if overrun).

A standard appeal, with one Pokémon and three attacks to strut your beautiful/wacky/original stuff with. I will judge as no one else felt up to it. You may not choose a different Pokémon for Appeal Two so choose carefully.

Arena

The arena is outdoors in a snow-covered field. The snow is about half a foot or 15 centimetres. The audience stands run down the lengths of the appealing field. The stands are open to the elements so no weather attacks are allowed. It is night with soft blue lights illuminating the field; the sky is clear and it is quite cold.

Please post your Pokémon and your appeal.

The Coordinators

1. Crystal Tears
    2. Blademaster
    3. Dragonis
    4. Ultimate Charizard
    5. Mystic_clown
    6. Mew Master
    7. Chris 2.1
    8. Houndoom_Lover
    9. Mike Mysterio

Jan. Ribbon
    Last edited by Pichu Luver; 3rd February 2008 at 02:19 PM.
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The January Contest!

I'll reserve a spot. I'll have my appeal up soon-ish....

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

^What she said.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Quite shadow Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll enter this with Jay, my shiny Gallade!

Alright Jay, I want you to start off by sending out a few blue fireballs with Will-o-Wisp. Then I want you to use your Psychic powers to grab a hold of the flames and make them dance around you, untill there about to die out. After that, use Psycho Cut to cut through all of the fireballs.

~Will-o-Wisp~Psychic~Psycho Cut~
    Last edited by Dragonis; 2nd January 2008 at 12:23 AM.

Judge of the Frost Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Reserving a spot while I review my options.

also like to reserve a spot. Ill post an appeal when im not so inebriyat.....inneebri....drunk.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Advanced Trainer

I’ll use Behemoth King, my male Aggron.

Use Iron Defence to make the blue light glisten off of you, giving you a wonderful sheen to capture the audience’s attention. Then surpass everyone’s expectations and let out a mighty Roar while causing a terrifying Earthquake. Hopefully that will stir up the snow and cause a cool effect with the light.

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

ok, I will choose my Sableye, Creeper.

Ok, let's paint a nice picture for the crowd. First, use Nightshade to cover the place in darkness and follow with a Will-o-wisp to paint a beautiful, stary sky. Then use Psychic to hold it all in place for the people.

Nightshade - Will-o-wisp - Psychic
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

*reserve*
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Come people! We still need two of more of ye to join this! I also need four appeals from thee reservies. It would be great if you post, as were already halfway through January. Oo'''
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Sorry i was so delayed.
    I think ill go with Snorlax (m) for this one.

Lets start things off with a strong Sunny Day to melt the snow (nice n fast anime style) before using Psychic to whip up the water around your feet in a whirlpooly kinda motion around you and over your head before using an Ice beam to form a Flower style Ice Sculpture around you for the light from that Sunny day to reflect through.

Sunny Day - Psychic - Ice Beam (Sunny Day remains continuous for reflective dazzlementy kinda things)

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Master Trainer

For this I'll go wiiiiith...

Tsuki-Yomi (F)!

Okay time for a little Japanese mythology. Tsuki, you are going to be the Lady of the Snow.

Start by floating in slowly using Psychic after we dim the arena lights. Then use a Will-o-Wisp around the feild (be careful of the spectators) to give everything an erie blue glow. Finally use captivate. We're going for that mysterious supernatural look today.

Luring ususpecting men to their doom in the snow-capped mountains for centuries... we won't let anyone die here ^^U

Psychic(Float in after lights are dimmed)~Will-o-Wisp~Captivate
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

Veteran Trainer

Right, finally got here. I'll Appeal with my Exeggutor(M), Sunnycide.

Sunnycide, we're going to set up an egg-cellent Appeal: Use Barrage to fire off at least 3 glowing eggs into the air, and then use Psychic to catch them and spin them around over your head.

"Tor."

Right, sorry. Over your headS. Anyway, keep the Barrage spinning, and then end by firing an Egg Bomb straight up so it explodes between the Barrage and sends glowing Barrage shrapnel flying over the stage.

Move: Barrage, Psyspin (catch and spin Barrage), Egg Bomb

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The Icebox Contest!

I see there is need for more signups. I'll help aleviate the problem +1

I'm going to use Prince, my [M] Piplup. Start by releasing a Bubblebeam above you; leap up and burst as many as you can with drill peck and finish by spinning an aqua ring around you while the bubbles pop.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

The ye kindly, I'll add ya to the list. Appeal One will be up tomorrow as I'm to sleep deprived right now --'.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

^____^ HAha! Once again the dashing I takes the field! *dressed in typical hat and cape...only it looks like V-day threw up on me* -holds up two pokeballs, debating* Let's try and win this on first, my sweet- Go, Mopsey! (Female, shinny Buneary)

It maybe a little cold, but that's why you have fur! Let's warm things up with a little attraction, now Bounce into the air as high as you can while still being in view with the audiance, and finish this round with a little Sweet Kiss, and a little back flip down to earth ^_~

(Attract~Bounce~Sweet Kiss (with a little twist down to earth)
    Last edited by Houndoom_Lover; 2nd February 2008 at 12:16 PM.
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

You must fear the Reaper! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I want to sign up if thats ok. I'll send out my male Torkoal, Bret.

Alright Bret I want you to spin in place with a combination of Rapid Spin and Gyro Ball while you release a Heat Wave around yourself.

~Rapid Spin/Gyro Ball/Heat Wave~

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

^^ Bonus, with the contest filled up, here we go.

-~*The Icebox Contest!*~-

Appeal One
    ---------***9/9~9/9***---------

Arena: Snow Field
    The arena is outdoors in a snow-covered field. The snow is about half a foot or 15 centimetres. The audience stands run down the lengths of the appealing field. The stands are open to the elements so no weather attacks are allowed. It is night with soft blue lights illuminating the field; the sky is clear and it is quite cold.

The Contestants

Behemoth King Aggron
    Taught by: Crystal Tears
    -:Appeals:-
    Iron Defense/Roar and Earthquake

~~~

Sunnycide Exeggutor
    Taught by: Blademaster
    Barrage/Psychic/Egg Bomb

~~~

Jay Gallade
    Taught by: Dragonis
    Will-o-Wisp/Psychic/Psycho Cut

~~~

Snorlax
    Taught by: Ultimate Charizard
    Sunny Day/Psychic/Ice Beam

~~~

Creeper Sableye
    Taught by: Mystic_clown
    Nightshade/Will-o-Wisp/Psychic

~~~

Tsuki-Yomi Gardevoir
    Taught by: Mew Master
    Psychic/Will-o-Wisp/Captivate

~~~

Prince Piplup
    Taught by: Chris 2.1
    Bubblebeam/Drill Peck/Aqua Ring

~~~

Mopsey Buneary
    Taught by: Houndoom_Lover
    Attract/Bounce/Sweet Kiss

~~~

Bret Torkoal
    Taught by: Mike Mysterio
    Rapid Spin and Gyro Ball/Heat Wave

------******------

Without any further wait, the Icebox Contest can now begin! It is bitterly cold, but past the lights, the stars a glinting beautifully. A few last minute stragglers have meandered in, and the Judge quickly scribbles them down onto her notepad, motioning Crystal Tears to step up.

Crystal Tears steps up between the two stands and releases her Pokémon, an Aggron appropriately named, Behemoth King. His steel hide reflects the blue of the lights and he looks quite stunning. He starts his appeal by closing his eyes and concentrating on raising his already formidable defence. A white light glows from him as his steel hide becomes stiffer and when he finishes his skin is glossier. It is reflecting the lights even better and he looks like a blue and grey version of an Aggron. He stays still for just a moment, looking at the audience before throwing back his head and roaring with all his might. At the same time he lifts his left foot and slams it into the ground with as much force as he can muster. The snow flies off the field in waves from his point of impact. His Earthquake rattles the stands, but the effect of all the snow in the air has given the field a soft blue glow. Behemoth King is in the centre of this glow, a shining beacon of blue.

Quite satisfied with their appeal, CT and Behemoth leave and Blademaster and his Exeggutor, Sunnycide take their place. They wait until the snow has settled again before Sunnycide starts. First he leans back, so the heads point upwards and fire off three very pale oval balls up into the air. Then he grabs them with Psychic and spins them a goodly way over his head. Finally, keeping the balls spinning, he fires a foot long egg shaped white ball. It flies upward and explodes at the same height as his barrage is spinning. It destroyes the three orbs and Sunnycide lets go of the Psychic, allowing the pieces to fly over the field.

Satisfied, Blade and Sunnycide leave the field, and Dragonis comes up. He releases his Gallade, Jay. Jay fits in quite well on this field, being a cool blue colour himself. He steps forward and quickly releases bunch of bright blue flames. They match in nicely, speeding forwards until they are surrounded in a violet hue. They are taken to dance around the Gallade, spinning and bobbing, merging and being pulled apart again. Just as they seem to be dying out, Jay puts them all in a line around him and he spins on the spot, kicking up snow and slicing all the flames. They split off into many tiny pieces before puttering out altogether. Jay however, shakes his arm as there are small burns dotting it.

Next up is Ultimate Charizard and his unnamed Snorlax. With each step, Snorlax is kicking up tuffs of snow simply by virtue of his weight. Snorlax stands in the centre of the arena and looks up to the moon and tries to use Sunny Day. The Judge blows her whistle though, and notes, "weather attacks are not allowed." Nonplussed, Snorlax continues. Since there is no water, Snorlax instead whips up the snow around him. It is still spectacular as the snows whirls around him, reaching far past his head. With a final touch, Snorlax uses Icebeam and the flakes are frozen together to make twisting sculpture of ice.

The Judge releases her Camerupt and with a quick flamethrower, Snorlax is freed and the next contestant steps up, Mystic_clown and his Sableye, Creeper. Creeper starts by firing a beam are inky black energy at all the lights. Putting them out one by one. With the lights are knocked out and the arena in enshrouded in darkness, the stars fully are visible. Then, unable to see Creeper, a cluster of blue flames is released upwards and they drift up, flickering and almost looking like stars. Creeper uses Psychic and splits them up, doting them all over the sky, to create his own constellation.

The judge calls Alf the ever-useful janitor, and he goes around, fixing all the broken lights, grumbling the whole time. It takes a bit, but the lights are put to order and Mew Master is next, with his Gardevoir, Tsuki-Yomi. The lights had just been put right but then Tsuki floats up above them and dims the glow. The audience is wondering what is going on when she slowly floats down, entering the soft light. Then once more a Will-o-Wisp is used and the flames are spread out to drift in all directions. Tsuki lands softly on the snow and uses Captivate to try and get the audiences attention. It sort of works, but there is to many people, and mostly the male audience members were effected.

The lights are put up to full brightness and Chris 2.1 steps up with his tiny Pokémon, Prince the Piplup. Piplup nearly disappears in the snow but he hops forward until he reaches a good distance. He tilts his head skyward and fires a stream of bubbles. Without wasting a moment he leaps and starts to spin at a great speed. He pops many bubbles as he reaches for the sky, but he is tiny and he can't jump to high. At the apex of high climb he spouts water and with his spin it surrounds him in a ring. He lands, though he disappears under the snow, the protective ring still around him.

Chris digs out his Piplup and Houndoom_Lover take his place, cape billowing out behind her. He grins and releases her Buneary, Mopsey. Mopsey spins in place before eagerly hoping forward. She turns, looking at the audience and sends out kisses and tries to get them to become attracted. Unfortunately it doesn't go down so well, though one teen in the stands finds her fascinating. Then she bends down and leaps high up into the sky, snow trailing behind her. She cries out her name and pretends to blow out a sweet kiss. She lands, snows flying up around her, then HL and her trot off the field.

The last competitor to make it is Mike Mysterio and his Torkoal, Bret. Bret stomps forward, smoke steaming from his back, though not at an alarming rate. The snow melts a little with each step at the heat from his skin. He stops, facing the Judge and starts by spinning in place, spewing the snow up around him. He also makes a ball of steel and as he's spinning a ring of steel seems to be surrounding him until he fires it. It doesn't go to far and simply rolls to a stop in the snow. Then, still spinning, he releases a wave of superheated air with little bits of flame that go whipping off in all directions. The snow instantly melts and the steam surrounds him, making a whirlwind of stem until he stops, moderately dizzy.

All the contestants finished, the Judge looks over her notes and pronounces,

---------******---------

The Contestants

Behemoth King Aggron
    -:The Mark:-
    8.9/10
    -:Comments:-
    I particularly liked the end of this appeal; the snow flying off the field and the glossy Aggron was a nice touch. The roar was a bit odd, but did add to the surprise.

Sunnycide Exeggutor
    7.0/10
    This was an ok appeal. The explosion was sort of interesting but could have been better thought out. It fit the theme of Exeggutor every well though.

Jay Gallade
    8.2/10
    the Will-oWwisp fit in nicely with the field, and it was a good use of the attacks Gallade can learn. Though slicing an attack meant to burn on contact was perhaps not so wise.

Snorlax
    Taught by: Ultimate Charizard
    6.2/10
    Since it is night, nothing would have been melted anyway so unfortunately that would not have worked. However the spinning snow and ice sculpture was a nice touch.

Creeper Sableye
    Taught by: Mystic_clown
    6.3/10
    I don't think that is what you meant with Nightshade however it had the effect you wanted. With Will-o-wisp being used so many times by now the effect was lost, but the constellation was a unique idea.

Tsuki-Yomi Gardevoir
    6.5/10
    Er...enough with the Will-o-Wisp please. It had been used a lot so the effect wasn't much, but the floating down of Tsuki helped this.

Prince Piplup
    8.8/10
    This was nicely done, though Piplup nearly disappeared in the snow. Nice to see some water moves, and the Aqua ring was a good finish.

Mopsey Buneary
    Taught by: Houndoom_Lover
    5.2/10
    It is nearly impossible to get a whole audiences attention, as there is simply to many to concentrate her efforts on. The bounce was very neat, but sweet kiss was not. Nice try.

Bret Torkoal
    7.8/10
    A very cool appeal, the heat wave melting all the snow was a great way to end it. Gyro ball is literally a ball of steel, so that was a little awkward, but the effect while Bret was making it was neat.

So Crystal Tears, Blademaster, Dragonis, Mew Master, Chris 2.1 and Mike Mysterio go on to the Appeal Two. Better luck next time to the three out, and to those going on, please post quickly.

By the way, you must stick with the Pokémon you have picked. No switching.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Dammit. Trust me not to read things right.
    I read the 'the arena is open to the elements...' and assumed the next line would be '..so weather attacks are allowed'

If id have read it properly it would have been a fire attack but oh well.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Nicely done Prince. Let's keep on going. Use water sport all around you to soak the snow-covered ground. Then use blizzard and freeze it to form a small ring of ice. Finish by using captivate, skating lightly on the arena to engage the audience.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

AAaw, darn! Now I can't use Lovebug in the finals *Mopsey and I hmphs and puts both their noses in the air as we walk away*
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Quite shadow Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Alirght Jay let's show everyone your ninja skillz!

Start off by Teleporting out on to the field. Then aim for the nearest light post with you Magical Leaf shuriken. After that fade away with [/b]Shadow Sneak[/b].

~Teleport~Magical Leaf~Shadow Sneak~

Advanced Trainer

Great job Bret! Now let's turn up the heat!

Start off by Withdrawing into your shell and burrowing under the snow. Make sure the top of your shell is still visible. Then start sending out a light Smoke Screen from your shell. After that Erupt!

~Withdraw~Smoke Screen~Eruption~

Advanced Trainer

Alright Behemoth! You did good last round, lets see if we can do it again! Turn towards the center group of stands if your not already facing them. Aim at the ground a bit in front of you, well enough away so you won’t hurt yourself. Fire a powerful Focus Blast at the ground so you’ll kick up ten times the snow you did last time. That blanket of fluffy white stuff should blind them for a moment or two, so DIG! Dig as fast as you can and get under the ground. The snow will clear and you’ll be gone, then go forward and just before you about to break the surface, frighten and bewilder the audience by breaking through the dirt and snow with a Dragon Rush! Look fierce and as scary as you can when you break through okay?

Master Trainer

Okay Tsuki, use Psychic to collect as much snow around the arena that you can. Form that snow into a menacing looking demon staring back at you. Prepare yourself against the sight with a Calm Mind before blowing the snow demon into oblivion with a Charge Blast. Make sure to distance yourself from the audience so you don't cover them in three feet of snow.

Psychic~Calm Mind~Charge Blast
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

Well, shit.

OK, Sunnycide, if showcasing your egg-ceptional capabilities won't get us a good score, then let's try something more traditional.

Start off with Moonlight to amp up the Moon and blanket the field with cool light. Then use Double Team to creat a few clones and stand in formation - a triangle, a square, pentagon... whatever. Finally, absorb the moonlight and fire a few quick, thin Solarbeams-... er, LUNARbeams, into the sky and create a dazzling laser light show.

Move: Moonlight, Double Team, Lunarbeam (Moonlight-enhanced Solarbeam)

EDIT: And what the heck is a Charge Blast?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

-~*The Icebox Contest!*~-

Appeal One
    ---------***9/9~9/9***---------

The Contestants

Prince Piplup
    Water Sport/Blizzard/Captivate

~~~

Jay Gallade
    Teleport/Magical Leaf/Shadow Sneak

~~~

Bret Torkoal
    Withdraw/Smoke Screen/Eruption

~~~

Behemoth King Aggron
    Focus Blast/Dig/Dragon Rush

~~~

Tsuki-Yomi Gardevoir
    Psychic/Calm Mind/Charge Blast

~~~

Sunnycide Exeggutor
    Moonlight/Double Team/Lunarbeam

------******------

Annnnnnnnnd we are back for the next installment of late winter freezing contest fun. With the dropped cordinators leaving the field, the pthers are quickly thinking up new appeals. When all have motioned they are ready, the Judge waves for Chris to step up.

Prince once more hops out into the field, although he is getting tired of this snow. He reaches a suitable distance and takes a deep breath. Opening his small beak a stream of water gushes out and he spins in a circle, getting at much of the light snow as water logged as he can. It is successful as he soon as a ring of more compact and slightly melted snow surrounding him. Then he uses a Blizzard, and a cone of ice shards and freezing air funnels out in front of him. Once more he spins, covering the waterlogged snow in rime and ice sheets. A glistening, frosty and slightly bumpy ring of ice surrounds the Piplup. He carefully step onto it and attempts to skate around on it. Tries, as the bumps in the ice are nearly teetering him off balance. He is trying to Captivate the audience but with his wobbly way, it isn't working to well. He finishes with a bow and quickly moves off stage.

The ring of ice is removed and some snow out in the forest is brought in to replace the frozen part. Then Dragonis steps forward but his Gallade is conspicuously missing. The audience doesn't know what is quite going on when Jay appears in midfield, under a light. He swings both his arms and leaf shaped bit of grass energy fly off his arm blades. The slightly multicoloured leaves smash into the light and that arena darkens. The audiences eyes quickly adjust but all they see is the tail end of a dark shape flitting away.

With the sneaky ninja now gone, the definitely not stealthy Bret walks onto the field. He gets settled in the centre of the field, then crouches down and burrows his way under snow. He withdraws into his shell once his suitably buried. All that can be seen is the dark grey of the top of his shell and the point of the red areas. The hole at that moment starts to pour smoke out of it. A thick stream is coming from it when suddenly, the red points of his shell glow brightly and the smoke stops. The snow on Bret shakes and then a torrent of fire erupts from his shell and the ground around him is flung up in chunks. The heat of the attack melts the snow around him in a 3-foot radius. The steams adds to the effect of the flames and rocks coming tumbling out of the sky, stopping short of hitting the stands.

More snow is brought in as the field is cleaned up. Bret lumbers off while Behemoth lumbers on. He turns and faces the Judge, as there is no centre stand, and waits while the snow is replaced. He double checks he is far enough away from the stands and the Judge before raising his hands. He charges a glowing ball of orange energy and when it is nearly too bright to look at he fires it in front of him. The blast as it hits the snow and earth kicks up cloud of snow and some dirt as well. Under the cover he speedily tears at the ground and is gone underneath long before the snow settles. The audience only saw a vague figure, and they couldn't quite make out what he was doing. When the snow finally drifts away and all there is, is a hole. Before this can get too boring the ground heaves and Behemoth flies out from he ground, an indigo energy covering him as he leaps into the sky. He slams the earth and yells his name, endeavouring to look as menacing as possible. Most of the audience jumps and the Judge was startled.

The hole is quickly filled in and Tsuki glides onto the field. She turns to the snow blanketing the field and starts to gather it up. She compacts and shapes it into a fearsome monster that looks rather like a skeletal demon dragon, ready to attack her at any moment. A large arena of snow has been gathered revealing the deadened grass. In the face of such a foe, she turns her focus inward and readies her attack. Now prepared, she raises her hands and a ball of electrical energy grows. Her entire form sparks as the energy grows and when it is ready she takes aim at its head. She fires and the yellow energy neatly explodes the head. She sweeps the beam down and it is not long before all that is left is its tail.

When the snow is back and settled, Sunnycide trudges through the snow to the centre of the arena. He looks up to the full moon and starts to chant and does a strange ritualistic dance. The light from the moon brightens until a beam of cold white light pierces through the blue glow to cover Sunnycide. Then he splits off his form until there are five Exeggutors standing in a circle. Before the Moonlight fades, Sunnycide (and subsequently his clones) fire off thin beams of white energy. They sway and move in their circle so the lights form patterns as they weave.

When the Moonlight fades, Sunnycide and Blade step back and the Judge goes over her notes. Thus she proclaims,

---------******---------

The Contestants

Prince Piplup
    7.0/10
    Nice idea, but using Blizzard was not a good idea as while it is cold, it was not a flat rink as the snow wasn't flat and it has ice sheets to, not just sheer cold.

Jay Gallade
    6.6/10
    While I know what effect you were aiming for, I didn't really see why a ninja would appear, smash a light and disappear. This could have been a good idea, perhaps sneaking in and using Psychic to vanquish a bunch of snow enemies.

Bret Torkoal
    9.8/10
    This was a great appeal; it fit all the trails of Torkoal and has a story to tell about it as well, exploding snowy volcanoes. While an exploding volcano appeal has been done before, never with snow. Well done!

Behemoth King Aggron
    7.8/10
    Continuing with the scare theme, it was quite successful and seems what Aggron is meant to do. Simple, yet effective.

Tsuki-Yomi Gardevoir
    7.4/10
    Funky, 'maiden' killing the monster and the idea was sound. Calm Mind was too much to look at though, though it had its purpose. Perhaps if you had added more to making the demon truly menacing it would have been better.

Sunnycide Exeggutor
    8.5/10
    The laser light show was a cool idea, and it fit with the arena's setting quite well.

So Mike Mysterio, Crystal Tears, and Blademaster, go on to the FFA.

So as this is a three way battle the attack order is (chosen via score),

Crystal Tears will post attacks first,
    followed by Blademaster
    finishing with Mike Mysterio.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Advanced Trainer

Yeah, rushed...

Iron Defence ~ Earthquake ~ Iron Defense

If Torkoal attacks you this round; use Water Pulse on him. If Exeggutor attacks you, Flamethrower. Just don't switch your first move. If Exeggutor uses Hypnosis Earthquake, even if on the first move.

Veteran Trainer

His name is Sunnycide.

Sunnycide, imprint that message into Behemoth's mind: Use Sleep Powder on him, then plant a Leech Seed on him. Finish with Ancientpower on Bret.

Move: Sleep Powder(Be), Leech Seed(Be), Ancientpower(Br)

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer

Alright Bret, hit Behemoth with a Will-o-Wisp. Then use an Earthquake of your own. After that send out a Heat Wave.

~Will-o-Wisp(Behemoth)~Earthquake~Heat Wave~

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

-~*Mike Mysterio VS Blademaster VS Crystal Tears*~-
    ∞}|Icebox Contest|{∞

Battle Round One
    Three on Three FFA
    ----------***1~1~1***----------

Disqualification Time: One Week.

Pokémon

Bret Torkoal
    HP: 100%
    Energy: 100%
    -:Attacks:-
    Will-o-Wisp/Earthquake/Heat Wave

~~~~~~

Sunnycide Exeggutor
    Sleep Power/Leech Seed/Ancient Power

~~~~~~

Behemoth King Aggron
    Iron Defense/Earthquake/Water Pulse

------******------

This battle is certainly setting up to be interesting with three Pokémon taking to the field one last time. None of the Pokémon are exceptionally fast so it s bit up in the air who will move first. The first orders are given and after a bit of a staring contest as the Pokémon size each other up, the battle commences.

King and Sunnycide are nearly equal in speed so while King is concentrating on upping his defence, at the same time Sunnycide is preparing his pollens. King’s hide is starting to become more solid and stronger a few moments later but Sunnycide releases his spores. They drift on the wind and Kind gets a nose full of them. He wavers and yawns, concentrating less on his defence. It only takes a few inhales of the powder and King falls to the ground with a crash. He out and snoozing. Meanwhile Bret has not been idle, as he has been superheating some fire. He breathes the small bright blue flames towards King and he is covered by them. He skin is scorched but as he’s not moving much, he doesn’t rightly care right now.

While King snoozes obliviously on, Sunnycide is preparing more status fun. He grows a seed in the middle of his leafy top, designed to suck health away from the slumbering giant. Sunnycide takes aim carefully and fires the seed. It ticks gently against King’s hard hide and breaks open, vines quickly enwrapping him. Then Bret decides to have some fun and rears back. Sunnycide looks at him oddly but doesn’t get time to think about it as the tortoise slams the ground. Snow flies into the air once more and King is jostled awake by the Earthquake. Sunnycide is not appreciating it either and groans in pain.

King wincingly gets to his feet, surprise on his face at the damage done to him already. He turns to Bret and glares at him. Bret meanwhile is already preparing another attack. King and Sunnycide can feel the heat starting to come off him and King quickly does something about this. Sunnycide joins him in attacking Bret and the two of them prepare their attacks. King forms a ball of water in front of his nose and screeches at it as he sends it on it way. Sunnycise looks to the earth and yells, tossing his body back, yanking up rocks from below and hurling them at Bret. Bret sees both these attacks coming and hurriedly lets off his own. The heat is somewhat stalled by both though the last vestiges hit both King and Sunnycide. Bret’s cries however are lost under the water and the rocks smashing into him. At the end, neither Bret nor King are looking particularly well and Bret is looking a little glassy eyed.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Bret Torkoal
    HP: 76%
    Energy: 91%
    Status: Groan... Confused, 30% chance of hitting self or forgetting attacks.

~~~~~~

Sunnycide Exeggutor
    HP: 91%

~~~~~~

Behemoth King Aggron
    HP: 70%
    Energy: 93%
    Status: Oo’’’’’. Defence boosted {+1%}. Burned, -3% per round {-2% ATT}.

Bret was hurt 12% for Water Pulse and 12% for Ancient Power.
    Bret was fatigued 2% Will-o-Wisp, 7% for Earthquake.

Sunnycide was hurt 5% by Earthquake and 4% by Heat Wave.
    Sunnycide was fatigued 3% for Sleep Powder, 2% by Leech Seed, and 4% for Ancient Power.

Behemoth King was hurt the max damage (30%).
    Behemoth King was fatigued 2% for Iron Defence and 5% for Water Pulse.

Mike Mysterio will post attacks first,
    followed by Crystal Tears
    finishing with Blademaster.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Advanced Trainer

OK Bret, start off with a nice big Lava Plume. Then use another Earthquake. After that Yawn at Sunny. Rapid Spin to dispel any water or spore attacks sent your way.

~Lava Plume~Earthquake~Yawn (@Sunnycide)~
    Subs- Rapid Spin

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

... *sighs* --''' Alright I think more then enough time has pasted for CT to get her attacks up. Onward we go, Blade please post your attacks.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Veteran Trainer

Use Stun Spore to cancel out that Lava Plume. Then use Ancientpower. Finally, use Uproar to neutralize that Yawn attack.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

∞}|Icebox Contest|{∞

Battle Round Two
    Three on Three FFA

Pokémon

Bret Torkoal
    HP: 76%
    Status: Groan... Confused, 30% chance of hitting self or forgetting attacks.
    Lava Plume/Earthquake/Yawn

~~~~~~

Sunnycide Exeggutor
    HP: 91%
    Stun Spore/Ancient Power/Uproar

~~~~~~

Behemoth King Aggron
    Nadda

------******------

King looks around helplessly as his trainer seems to have disappeared. He looks at his opponents and gulps, not likely he can’t defend himself. Bret is not looking like he is altogether in the present but he does manage to figure out just what his trainer wants. Meanwhile Sunnycide seeks to counter the attack with a Stun Spore. He releases the attack before Bret gets his off. Before it reaches the tortoise however he gets off his wave of fire. The wave of superheated air and flame incinerates the spores and rolls outward in all directions. It washed over Sunnycide and King who both collapse in agony from the attack. When it finally passes, they are both steaming and in some places a bit black.

Once more Bret and Sunnycide face off, except for the fact that Bret’s attacks affect everyone, they are ignoring King. Sunnycide again rips great rocks from the earth using his psychic powers and throws them at Bret. They smash on his shell, cracking it every so slightly. A divit is created in the ground by the force of Bret slamming into the ground. Bret is looking a little woozy but shakily gets to his feet and slams his left foot into his self made crater. Waves of ground roll outwards and King and Sunnycide are jostled about.

Bret decides to make his tiredness and pain known, by Yawning, however Sunnycide is having none of that. He starts to jump up and down, yelling and screaming at an unbelievable volume. He is completely distracted from the Yawn. The waves of sound however don’t head for Bret but head for King. King plugs his ears but it is only minimal damage anyway.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Bret Torkoal
    HP: 64%
    Energy: 80%
    Status: Miffed... Confused, 30% chance of hitting self or forgetting attacks.

~~~~~~

Sunnycide Exeggutor
    Energy: 81%

~~~~~~

Behemoth King Aggron
    HP: 40%

Bret was hurt 12% for Ancient Power.
    Bret was fatigued 4% for Lava Plume, 7% for Earthquake, 2% for Yawn.

Sunnycide was hurt 16% for Lava Plume, 5% for Earthquake.
    Sunnycide was fatigued 3% for Stun Spore, 4% for Ancient Power, 3% for Uproar.

Behemoth King was hurt the max amount (30%).
    Behemoth King didn’t do anything.

Blademaster will post attacks first,
    followed by Mike Mysterio
    finishing with Crystal Tears.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Veteran Trainer

Use Stun Spore on Bret until it works. After that, if you have any actions left, use Ancientpower.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer

Alright Bret, set up a Substitute to block out Sunny's Stune Spore. That should keep him stuck using it, cuz it won't work with your Sub out and he can't quit 'till it works. Then fire out a Lava Plume fallowed by a Heat Wave.

~Substitute~Lava Plume~Heat Wave~

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

∞}|Icebox Contest|{∞

Battle Round Three
    Three on Three FFA

Pokémon

Bret Torkoal
    HP: 64%
    Energy: 80%
    Status: Miffed... Confused, 30% chance of hitting self or forgetting attacks.
    Substitute/Lava Plume/Heat Wave

~~~~~~

Sunnycide Exeggutor
    Energy: 81%
    Stun Spore/Stun Spore or Ancient Power/Stun Spore or Ancient Power

~~~~~~

Behemoth King Aggron
    HP: 40%
    Nadda

------******------

Once more poor Behemoth trainer has neglected to show and he is left doing precisely nadda. Meanwhile Sunnyide is absolutely determined to paralyse his true opponent, Bret. Bret does not like this plan though so her concentrates and magically the snow in front of his nose into a Torkoal shaped snow-beast. With a toss of his head he makes Sunnycide believe that this snow creature is actually himself. He then lumbers away from his double while Sunnycide stares at the copy. There is just something not quite right about Bret but Sunnycide can't figure it out so he starts his attack. He shakes his leaves and bunch of irritating pollen comes flying off. It drifts over to Bret, but he doesn't seem to care. He doesn't even move.

Behemoth is watching all of this, basically like one in the stands. So when Bret starts to power up for a Lava Plume, he is none too please he can't do anything about it. Sunnycide is still convinced that the Sub is Bret and since it didn't appear to have any effect, he uses it again. It drifts over the Sub, and once more nothing happens, and Bret still doesn't move. Maybe it did work? In the meantime Bret has finished storing his power and breathes out a wave of flame that spread out in front of him. It collides with Sunnycide and Behemoth, causing them great pain. The flames leave Behemoth even more blackened and Sunnycide frantically drops and rolls to put the fire on his leaves out.

For the final round of this contest, Bret is well no one is quite sure what he is doing. He seems to find wandering aimlessly in a circle fascinating. Sunnycide still can't tell if his attack has worked or not, so he fires his Stun Spore once more. The attacks washes over and nothing happens, Sunnycide is deeply frustrated. Behemoth is just sitting now, nursing his hurts, though he still has the energy to be slightly amused at Bret.

With that rather un-dramatic finish this contest is over and the winner is....

---------******---------

Pokémon

Bret Torkoal
    HP: 60%
    Energy: 65%
    Status: I uhhh won? @.@ Confused, 30% chance of hitting self or forgetting attacks.

~~~~~~

Sunnycide Exeggutor
    HP: 54%
    Energy: 72%

~~~~~~

Behemoth King Aggron
    HP: 21%
    Status: Groan. Defence boosted {+1%}. Burned, -3% per round {-2% ATT}.

Bret was hurt 4% for Substitute.
    Bret was fatigued 6% for Substitute, and 4% for Lava Plume.

Sunnycide was hurt 16% from Lave Plume.
    Sunnycide was fatigued 9% for Stun Spore.

Behemoth King was hurt the max amount 16% for Lava Plume and 3% for the burn.
    Behemoth King didn’t do anything.

As this Contest has run over, as stated in the first post this ran for three rounds to give everyone a chance to go last and now it's over. Thanks for competing!

Mike Mysterio gets the Icebox Ribbon (here) and 4 points!
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Advanced Trainer

Finally, I've won a ribbon! Thank you!