Thread: I challenge DarkestLight (ref: Mew Master)

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default I challenge DarkestLight (ref: Mew Master)

Okay DL, I promised you we'd battle, even though our last attempt didn't get us very far at all, I'm ready to give my all in this one, but, it's going to be a special match, as below.

2 on 2 (both at the same time, Electric types only)
    I choose first
    You attack first
    DQ: 1 week
    Banned Moves: All non-damaging moves that cause a status condition (e.g. Toxic, Attract, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray), all non-damaging healing moves (e.g. Rest but not Giga Drain), Endeavor, Substitute, Selfdestruct, Explosion, Metal Burst, Earth Power, Earthquake, Fissure, Magnitude, cheap moves (e.g. Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Pain Split).
    Arena: Kanto's Power Plant

I've been waiting for the chance to have an all-Electric type battle like this one, so let's do it! My choices will be Surge, my male Electabuzz, and Electro, my Magneton (who's definitely getting a name change upon evolution).
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 3rd December 2008 at 06:37 PM.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: I challenge DarkestLight (ref: Mew Master (please?))

............ What the hell? Wasn't....expecting this at all. Uhh do I even HAVE two electric types?

NO, I don't, so..Ima hafta say no, LOL.

Errr error! ::Totally forgot about 3 Pt Range right there.::

Ok this will be on. If MM has the time, he's kinda busy... But yah whaa hoo.

Uhh Power plant. And yeah Magneton and Electabuzz huh..

Well, 3 Pt Range (Electrode) and Tantrum (Manectric), let's show 'em what ya got. Debut battle too, ooh.

3 Pt roll over there and fire off a Screech at them. Then Sonicboom at Surge. Then Headbutt Surge
    Tantrum, first Roar at them, Quick Attack at Electro, and then Crunch Surge.

3PT: Screech~Sonic Boom~Headbutt(both Surge)
    Tantrum: Roar~Quick Attack(Electro)~Crunch(Surge)
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 20th October 2008 at 04:21 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

No worries DL, when I saw we both had two Electric types each, I couldn't resist to make this battle.

Okay Surge and Electro, your evolutions are on the line here, so let's get crackling! (no pun intended).

Surge, I want you to try and deafen out your opponents' noise with a loud Screech of your own, then I want you to use a powerful Psychic to knock 3 Pt. into Tantrum with plenty of force, finish by using Counter on the opponent closer to you, and try and throw that opponent against the other (e.g. if Headbutt comes first, throw 3 Pt. at Tantrum, if Crunch comes first, be sure to grab Tantrum by the neck before he can sink his teeth into you)

Electro, help Surge out by using a Screech as well on both opponents, then Mimic Surge's Psychic. Finish by using Psychic to put a really painful squeeze on whichever opponent attacks Surge second (e.g. if Surge is attacked by Tantrum first, go for 3 Pt., if 3 Pt. attacks first, go for Tantrum).

Surge: Screech (both opponents) ~ Psychic (3 Pt., to throw "him" at Tantrum) ~ Counter (on whatever opponent is coming to attack him first, and to try and throw that opponent at the other one)

Electro: Screech (both opponents) ~ Mimic (Surge's Psychic) ~ Psychic (on the opponent Surge would be being attacked by second, to squeeze that opponent)

Whew...what a complicated round this may be.
    Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I will try to ref this... but may be late in comming cause next two weeks = CRAZY!
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

That's okay, take your time, MM.

BTW, DarkestLight, just to make this battle a bit more challenging, do you mind if neither of us uses any supereffective moves in this battle?
    Knight of Time

Veteran Trainer

:peeds in, hears his name called::

O.o No Ground/Fire attacks on my end then. Noted

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Master Trainer

Round 1! Pre-Round Stats
    Banned Moves: All non-damaging moves that cause a status condition (e.g. Toxic, Attract, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray), all non-damaging healing moves (e.g. Rest but not Giga Drain), Endeavor, Substitute, Selfdestruct, Explosion, Metal Burst, Earth Power, Earthquake, Fissure, Magnitude, cheap moves (e.g. Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Pain Split).
    DQ: 1 Week
    Pokémon: OO vs. OO
    Theme: Seven Rings in Hand

Surge (Electabuzz, ♂)|Electro (Magneton) (Team Knight of Time)
    HP: 100|100
    MP: 100|100

Screech~Psychic (3 Pt)~Counter
    Screech~Mimic (Surge)~Psychic

3 Pt Range (Electrode)|Tantrum (Manectric, ??) (Team Darkestlight)
    HP: 100|100
    MP: 100|100

Screech~Sonic Boom~Headbutt(both Surge)
    Roar~Quick Attack (Electro)~Crunch (Surge)

The Arena
    Kanto Power Plant.

Ready! FIGHT!
    The power plant sparks since its abandonment some time in the past. With the advent of cleaner sources of fuel for the Kanto Region (Ratata Running Wheels), the plant has fallen into an even deeper level of disrepair. It is here that Darkestlight, the newest Mod on the block, is approached, no, ambushed by Knight of Time with this shocking challenge! Only as the ref pulls himself out of the generator room (complete with spiky, electrically charged hair) can the battle get underway!

The battle erupts with a crescendo of screeching and howling Pokémon! (
    -3 (Defense -)/-3 (Defense -)/-3 (Defense --)/-4 (Defense --)) However it seems as if Tantrum’s own roar was drowned out by the high-pitched frequencies generated by Surge, Electro, and even 3 Pt!

The fight blazes on as Surge’s antennae start to vibrate, and a mellow yellow aura surrounds the Electric Type (
    -8). Before he can do anything, drawing forth his power, the Manectric dashes forward, slamming into Electro hard (-3/-2). Surge then unleashes his assault on 3 Pt Range, picking up the Electrode and squeezing it like a stress-relief ball (-9) before tossing the rounded spheroid at Tantrum (-5). Electro uses the opportunity of insight to copy his ally’s own move, and making it his own (-10 (Psychic for 4 Attacks)). 3 Pt, while feeling like a crushed tin can being kicked around, can’t help but unleash his attack at Surge, the pressure is too much to contain (-7/[b]-6[/i]). Wouldn’t have been so bad if it had come out of his mouth though…

The match continues with both Tantrum and 3Pt closing in on Surge. The Electabuzz assumes a defensive position (
    -3), and 3Pt is the first there! Slamming down with its… forehead… area… thing 3 Pt makes contact (-6, -15 (6 [Collision] + 12 [Counter] = Max Damage!)/-7, -8 but the Electric Type takes the hit before using the ball’s momentum and circular momentum to toss it right at Tanturm, who was directly behind the Electrode on the attack! Trying to get out of the way, Tantrum finds their body not under their control, and can feel the pressure building on their lungs, just before the 3 Pt Range slams and sending them both sprawling on the floor (-8/-15 (9 [Psychic] + 6 [Collision] = Max Damage!)). OUCH! That had to hurt. Tantrum tries to shake it off before leaping towards Surge, and giving the fellow Electric Type a good sound bite (okay Crunch, but it’s the same concept. -6/-7).

As the battle sends sparks flying, this is currently all for Round 1!

Round 1! Post-Round Stats

HP: 81|98
    MP: 78|79

Status: Defense -|Defense -. Psychic Mimiced for Three Attacks.

3 Pt Range (Electrode)|Tantrum (Manectric, ??) (Team Darkestlight)
    HP: 76|80
    MP: 84|87

Status: A deflated stress ball. Defense --.|My ribs… Defense --.

Ref Notes: Roar failed because of the three sets of Screeches, it’s hard to hear yourself think, much less a Roar mixed in there. Max Damage per round is 15 total. Health can be used for energy by 1 HP = 2 MP. See? Didn’t forget aboutcha guys. ^^U

Knight of Time attacks first.
    Darkestlight attacks Second
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

Veteran Trainer

Tantrum ish Male.

Entertaining quotes!

All right guys, great work there, let's keep it up.

Surge, I want you to begin with a bright Flash aimed for both opponents, then I want you to grab the nearest opponent, and use Seismic Toss to throw that opponent into the nearest wall, hard. Finish by using Psychic on that same opponent (the one you're aiming for with Seismic Toss) to smash them headfirst into the floor.

Electro, start with a Double Team, then use a pair of loud Sonicbooms on the opponent that is not being attacked by Surge's Seismic Toss.

However, if either of them use a physical attack on either of you, then Surge, I want you to use Counter as retaliation, and Electro, I want you to use Secret Power, but, if either of them use a sound move, or any move requiring concentration, I want you both to use a double Screech again.

Surge: Flash (both opponents)/Counter (against any physical moves)/Screech (against any sound moves or moves requiring concentration) ~ Seismic Toss (to throw the nearest opponent at a wall)/Counter (against any physical moves)/Screech (against any sound moves or moves requiring concentration) ~ Psychic (on the same opponent Seismic Toss is being used on, to hopefully slam them into the floor headfirst)/Counter (against any physical moves)/Screech (against any sound moves or moves requiring concentration)

Electro: Double Team/Secret Power (against any physical moves)/Screech (against any sound moves or moves requiring concentration) ~ Sonicboom (on the opponent Surge isn't attacking)/Secret Power (against any physical moves)/Screech (against any sound moves or moves requiring concentration) ~ Sonicboom (on the opponent Surge isn't attacking)/Secret Power (against any physical moves)/Screech (against any sound moves or moves requiring concentration)

Man, this is going to be one crazy battle.
    Knight of Time

Veteran Trainer

Default Re: I challenge DarkestLight (ref: Mew Master)

First for 12 battles to visit. Whew, lets get it started.

You two, work together for this.

Ok Tantrum. They're working really hard at trying to cover all bases. So first off. Close your eyes and do an Odor Sleuth for Electro. Simple as that. Then, watch 3pt, and when you have the opening; you Headbutt Electro into Surge! Let's see what happens then

3 Pt. Surge is a big guy and he tries to hit hard. However, he's slower than you. So first off, Flash them first. That'll piss them off. Then while he's all blind trying to stomp around , roll past him and try to lead him to Electro..

Then, after you two regroup somewhere away from them, Tantrum, you Leer them, and 3pt, you Mimic Surge if he Does Psychic. If not, Relax . See what happens .

3Pt: Flash~Evade Surge~Leer(E)
    Tantrum: Odor Sleuth (E)~Headbutt (E)~Mimic(S)

Sub: Relax

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Round 2! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 81|98
    MP: 78|79

Status: Defense -|Defense -. Psychic Mimiced for Three Attacks.
    Flash (both opponents)/Counter (against any physical moves)/Screech (against any sound moves or moves requiring concentration) ~ Seismic Toss (to throw the nearest opponent at a wall)/Counter (against any physical moves)/Screech (against any sound moves or moves requiring concentration) ~ Psychic (on the same opponent Seismic Toss is being used on, to hopefully slam them into the floor headfirst)/Counter (against any physical moves)/Screech (against any sound moves or moves requiring concentration)
    Double Team/Secret Power (against any physical moves)/Screech (against any sound moves or moves requiring concentration) ~ Sonicboom (on the opponent Surge isn't attacking)/Secret Power (against any physical moves)/Screech (against any sound moves or moves requiring concentration) ~ Sonicboom (on the opponent Surge isn't attacking)/Secret Power (against any physical moves)/Screech (against any sound moves or moves requiring concentration)

3 Pt Range (Electrode)|Tantrum (Manectric, ♂) (Team Darkestlight)
    HP: 76|80
    MP: 84|87

Status: A deflated stress ball. Defense --.|My ribs… Defense --.
    Flash~Evade Surge~Leer (@ Electro)
    Odor Sleuth (@Electro)~Headbutt (@Electro)~Mimic(@Surge)

The Arena
    Kanto Power Plant.

Ready! FIGHT!
    The battle rages on like a werewolf thrown into kuruth! Let it continue!

Both Surge and 3-Pt start glowing ecstatically. The combined exposure of their bright… flashiness resembles the collision of two stars going super-nova (
    -3/-3). The flash illuminates the darkness and everyone is blinded (Everyone: Accuracy –)! Electro uses the distraction to make multiple copies of itself ([/color=blue]-4, Four Clones). The electric dog starts sniffing around, and even with his eyes closed, can pin-point the smell of organic metal from the inorganic surroundings (Don’t ask me how metal can be organic… I just watch Godzilla. -4).

Surge isn’t too happy, and the bright light that blinded him isn’t making things much easier. So he rushes to grab a blurry object in the direction he last saw the Electrode and Manectric. However, what he grabs is a power transistor! Hefting it up, the Electabuzz chucks it in a different direction, causing sparking wires and transformers to scatter across the arena as well as debris and shrapnel (
    -6). While 3 Pt tries to evade such an attack, he doesn’t pay that much attention to where he… its rolling and smacks into an old power converter (-3, -4). Tantrum howls in as he lunges for a major sense of head-trauma. He can smell right through Electro’s attempt at a distraction, however he lands a glancing blow to the Magneton (-5/-4, Clones gone). Electro doesn’t skip a beat as he unleashes a burst of charged energy filled with the essence of electricity (-7) The beam goes wide, not hitting Tantrum, but slamming into the still dizzy 3 Pt (-6, Paralyzed).

It’s one hellova fight, but the down are not out! Surge concentrates, seeking out his target, the slightly blinded and paralyzed 3 Pt, and then proceeds to put the squeeze on him once more (
    -9/-10). The ball is left rolling as it rolls up to, what it thinks is Electro and glares into it (-3/Defense –) and it is indeed Electro! Electro unleashes a high pitched metal-on-metal sound reverberates through the air, hitting both Tantrum and 3 Pt at close range (-5/Defense --, Defense--). The attack took Manectric a bit off guard but he was able to get some grasp on how Surge was able to throw things around with his mind (-5, Psychic copied for two attacks.).

And thus the second round is over!

Round 2! Post-Round Stats

HP: 81|94
    MP: 60|63

Status: Defense -. Accuracy -|Defense --. Accuracy -. Psychic no longer Mimiced.

HP: 57|80
    MP: 74|73

Status: A deflated stress ball. Defense ----. Paralyzed (50% of attacking). Accuracy -.|My ribs… Defense ----. Accuracy -. Psycic Mimiced for two attacks.

Ref Notes: Tantrum’s Mimic did not get the full effect due to Electro’s Screech messing with his concentration. Health can be used for energy by 1 HP = 2 MP. Sorry for the lateness, drove home for the holidays, and just now had time to get this done. ^^U

Darkestlight attacks First.
    Knight of Time attacks Second
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

Everyone seems to be a bit off.
    That's ok. I see what's going on here.

Tantrum. Psychic Surge and squeeze him in place. Make sure you do it when he's about to do his attack, so you knock him off balance and his move fails. Do whatever it takes to make him fail at least one attack.

3Pt, Your job is a little harder.

Taunt Electro, unless he tries to hit you with any Special moves. Then Mirror Coat the rest of the round. The way that'll work is that yer gonna stay next to Tantrum the whole time.

So even if he tries to hit Tantrum, you take that hit and throw it back at whomever wants to play. However, if they try to get physical, Double Team THEN Mirror Coat

Tantrum: Psychic x 3
    3Pt: Taunt~Mirror Coat x 2
    Sub: Double Team if Physical attack occurs

Entertaining quotes!

Electro, quickly come to Surge's aid by using Flash to blind both opponents again, then blast Tantrum twice with Secret Power, let's do our best to paralyze him too!

Surge, we may have to take a hit or two here, but I want you to start up a Rain Dance, then let's continue to put some dents into 3 Pt., crush the Electrode with two powerful Cross Chops!

Electro: Flash (both opponents) ~ Secret Power x2 (both on Tantrum)
    Surge: Rain Dance ~ Cross Chop x2 (both on 3 Pt.)
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Round 3! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 81|94
    MP: 60|63

Status: Defense -. Accuracy -|Defense --. Accuracy -. Psychic no longer Mimiced.
    Rain Dance~Cross Chop~Cross Chop (@ 3 Pt) Flash~Secret Power~Secret Power (@ Tantrum)

HP: 57|80
    MP: 74|73

Status: A deflated stress ball. Defense ----. Poisoned (2 HP per Round). Accuracy -.|My ribs… Defense ----. Accuracy -. Psycic Mimiced for two attacks.
    Taunt (@ Electro)~Mirror Coat~Mirror Coat (Subs: Double Team)
    Psychic~Psychic~Relax (@ Surge)

The Arena
    Kanto Power Plant.

Ready! FIGHT!

Aside from the insanity of last round, lets get on with the show!

The two teams push themselves onward, their energy going into every attack they can muster. Surge starts it up, with a rhythmic dance that resembles an island native calling forth the forces of thunder (
    -7)! However, just as he starts to get his flow going, Tantrum’s eyes glaze over with an electric glare and the Electabuzz can feel his joints go into the direction that he wasn’t expecting they could bend (-8/-7). At the same time Electro starts to gather energy and unleash a bright flash however he can hear the Electrode mutter something about three-heads-are-dumber-than-one (-3/-2, Taunted 4 Attacks). The result of Surge’s efforts wasn’t a full fledged downpour in the middle of an electric plant, but it did start to cause some clouds to gather above the battlefield, spreading through the hallways of the power plant (Cloudcover, 3 Attacks).

With that, and the clouds rumbling above, Surge rushes towards 3 Pt, the edges of his hands glowing with his own fighting energy (
    -9), but the Electrode starts to charge up with white energy, splitting into multiple rolling balls of self-destructedness…ness, and Surge feels his muscles lock up once again from the effort of Tantrum’s newfound psychokinetic abilities (-4, 4 Clones/-9/-10). Electro takes advantage of the situation, and unleashes a burst of electrically charged energy channeled from the plant itself right at Tantrum (-7/-8 Drowsy!)!

The match has almost turned into a Free-for-all between every Pokémon here! Tantrum takes the moment to relax himself after using the Mimiced move so often so quickly as well as being sleepy, and gives the floating Magneton another shot (
    +5, very sleepy. -6, Confused!/-7). Should the Manectric sleep or not?! Even he doesn’t know! On the side of Surge vs 3 Pt, the fight’s a bit more interesting. Unable to tell which of the clones is the real one, and they’re all surrounding a wobbling Tantrum, Surge attacks the one to his left (-8) and his hands slice through a clone. Preparing himself, 3 Pt and his clones become encased in a shiny metal coating for a few seconds, preparing for whatever else might be thrown at them (-5).

With the round coming to an end, Tantrum looks like he’s going to pass out, while 3 Pt Range himself looks sick (
    -2 Poison), and that’s the end of Round 3.

Round 3! Post-Round Stats

HP: 63|94
    MP: 36|47

Status: Defense -. Accuracy -|Defense --. Accuracy -. Taunted 2 Attacks

HP: 55|66
    MP: 62|62

Status: A deflated stress ball. Defense ----. Poisoned (2 HP per Round). Accuracy -. 3 Clones.|My ribs… Defense ----. Accuracy -. Drowsy. Confused.

Ref Notes: Realized that Secret Power does not induce Paralysis on individuals, so modified the battle to reflect that. Cloudcover for 1 more Attack. 3Pt is Poisoned instead. Health can be used for energy by 1 HP = 2 MP.

Knight of Time attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Sorry I took so long to reply here, I've been so occupied with my new DS and D/P games (playing Diamond first currently), I nearly forgot about this battle.

Before I post though, why didn't any of 3 Pt.'s clones get affected by the rain? I was presuming they would have disappeared almost immediately after appearing, if the rain was covering enough of the arena, that is.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

For one, there is no rain, just over-cast, in a building. Surge's Rain Dance got interupted before the full effects could have come to bear, so no rain, just clouds"

The result of Surge’s efforts wasn’t a full fledged downpour in the middle of an electric plant, but it did start to cause some clouds to gather above the battlefield, spreading through the hallways of the power plant (Cloudcover, 3 Attacks).
    Hope that clears it up.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Oh, now I get it, thanks for clearing things up, Mew Master.

Electro, Surge, we have our work cut out for us now, so there's no holding back!

Electro, let's take advantage of the situation the Manectric is in, blast him with another Secret Power, with luck, he may fall asleep here. Then, relax, but stay near Surge just incase, finally, aim a Tri-Attack at Tantrum.

Surge, I want you to attempt a Rain Dance again this time, so that it will hopefully make the rain come this time, then relax as well, finally, if 3 Pt. has no clones, throw him into the nearest wall with a Seismic Toss, or if he does, get them with a Swift.
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 31st December 2008 at 04:13 PM.
    Knight of Time

Veteran Trainer

Tantrum, you got Electro's number. I know yer sleepy, and you'll have plenty of time to rest, once you get rid of Surge. Wake yourself up with a nice Roar, scare the heck out of the both of them while yer at it. Then, while Electrode relaxes over there, Facade Surge.

Then, after that Tri Attack business, Refresh.

3Pt, little harder for you. Surge over here wants to dance, so let's put an end to that. Screech, then Facade on Surge. He'll be quite dazed, so when his next attack comes, shoot a Hidden Power back at him.

Tantrum: Roar~Facade(S)~Refresh
    3Pt: Screech~ Facade(S)~Hidden Power(S)

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Round 4! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 63|94
    MP: 36|47

Status: Defense -. Accuracy -|Defense --. Accuracy -. Taunted 2 Attacks
    Rain Dance~Relax~Siesmic Toss (Sub: Swift)
    Secret Power~Relax~Tri-Attack

HP: 55|66
    MP: 62|62

Status: A deflated stress ball. Defense ----. Poisoned (2 HP per Round). Accuracy -. 3 Clones.|My ribs… Defense ----. Accuracy -. Drowsy. Confused.
    Screech~Façade~Hidden Power (@ Surge)
    Roar~Façade~Refresh

The Arena
    Kanto Power Plant. Cloud Cover, 3 Attacks

Ready! FIGHT!

The rumbling within and throughout the Power Plant sends an eerie sound through the halls as the situation between Knight of Time and DarkestLight ensues!

Surge takes it off again, starting to summon the last bit that it would take to bring the rain down (
    -3). He seems to be interrupted as both 3 Pt and Tantrum let loose with their duet of high pitched and deep roars (-5/-3/(Def --)). But it appears that Tantrums Roar is turning more into a long yawn. Confused to his trainers orders, the Manectric lays down and falls asleep just as rain starts to fall down, disintegrating 3 Pts other Clones (No Clones/ Rain 4 Attacks) With its target immobilized, and snoring contently despite the rain falling on every one, Electro cuts loose with a beam of concentrated energy (-7/-10), and the Manectric just rolls over with a snore.

Both of Knight of Time’s Pokémon take the turn to relax and let the rain wash off some of their cares (
    +5) except for Electro, who is still infuriated with the sleeping Manectric that it hovers over for a generic tackle-slam (-5/-9). 3 Pt will have none of that, as he comes rolling in like a trap from Indi-Jones, intent on making Surge’s life a flattened shadow of what it is (-6/-13) and indeed that is what happens. Ouch.

Keeping up the assault, 3 Pt slides to a stop along the slick ground and starts to concentrate, orbs of pure energy collect around him before he unleashes them right at Surge once more (
    -7 (Hidden Power Type = Electric/-6). And now it’s time for the opposing side to unleash their fury. Sliding along the wet and litered floor, Surge grabs 3 Pt like an over-sized medicine ball before tossing the Electrode into another transformer (-7/-12). The same goes for Electro who spins his magnets and the energy that charges is unleashed in a fury of fire, ice, and electricity (-8/-12).

The battle has intensified as the rain falls on the field, some are hit by their afflictions (
    -2 (Poison)) and we call this end to Round 4!

Round 4! Post-Round Stats

HP: 44|94
    MP: 31|27

Status: Defense ---. Accuracy -|Defense --. Accuracy -. No longer Taunted

HP: 41|35
    MP: 44|59

Status: A deflated stress ball. Defense ----. Poisoned (2 HP per Round). Accuracy -.|My ribs… Defense ----. Accuracy -. Asleep. Confused.

Ref Notes: Points were raised, edits were made, apologies to all. Rain for 1 more Attack. Health can be used for energy by 1 HP = 2 MP.

Last edited by Mew Master; 6th January 2009 at 04:03 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Uh, Mew Master, Electro isn't Taunted at this point, am I right?

Your move DarkestLight, man, this is really starting to shape up into an epic battle, you think?
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

AH! thanks KoT... I spaced that.. *fixes*
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

>> Umm yeah

3Pt: Secret Power(S)~Double Team~Facade(S)
    Sub: Mirror Coat any special Attax from either

Tantrum: Sleep Talk x3
    Sub-if wake up Crunch~Ice Fang~Thunder Fang@Electro

Entertaining quotes!

Surge, it's time for some fun, use Psychic to slam Tantrum down hard in the rib area, and make absolute sure you drop him right in the path of his partner's Secret Power (so that hopefully Tantrum will get hit with Secret Power, and not you, do it quickly), then Rain Dance 3 Pt.'s clones away again, finally, Counter 3 Pt.'s Facade!

Electro, Mimic Surge's Psychic again, then use Psychic twice on Tantrum's jaw area, try and stretch his mouth a bit and see if you can get him to have a hard time moving his mouth around.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Round 5! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 44|94
    MP: 31|27

Psychic~Rain Dance~Counter
    Mimic~Psychic~Psychic

HP: 41|35
    MP: 44|59

Status: A deflated stress ball. Defense ----. Poisoned (2 HP per Round). Accuracy -.|My ribs… Defense ----. Accuracy -. Asleep. Confused.
    Secret Power~Double Team~Façade
    Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk (Subs: Crunch~Ice Fang~Thunder Fang

The Arena
    Kanto Power Plant. Rain, 1 Attack

Ready! FIGHT!

The battle looks like it’s coming down to the wire. As DarkestLight faces one monster of a challenge due to Knight of Time’s tactics, the battle rages on with all combatants running low on energy and resolve.

Surge starts off the offensive as a faint aura surrounds the Electabuzz and a similar aura slams down on Tantrum’s torso (
    -9/-13). Three-Point, having none of that, charges up his own attack, sending a beam of multicolored energy right at Surge (-7/-8 (Poison, -2 at end of Round)). Tantrum starts to move a bit in his sleep despite having his rib cage nearly crushed (-3 (No effect)) and struts around like he’s the highest rooster in the roost. Of course it just gets some confused looks from the other battlers before Tantrum falls back down, snoring contently. Electro takes the confusion generated to copy the previous move from Surge (-10 (Psychic Mimicked 4 Attacks)). The rain gives way as clouds still hang towards the ceiling in the building.

Tantrum again starts to stir grumbling obscenities about something or other however during so he managed to bite his own tongue (
    -3, -4 (Confusion)). Electro monopolizes on the opportunity and starts to work his new found powers on the Manectric by trying to dislocate the other Pokémon’s jaw (-9/-12). The side effect however was that it did manage to wake up the sleeping Tantrum (-4 Damage with Attacks using the mouth). With the awakening of his ally, 3 Pt splits into multiple copies of himself once again (-4 4 Clones). Even with the numbers stacking against him, Surge calls forth the Gods of Thunder to bring a downpour inside the building once more (-5/Clones evaporated), and the numbers are evened once more.

Spinning like a whirly-gig, 3 Pt rushes forward, intending to lay the hurt on Surge once more (
    -6). Surge seems prepared as a faint aura surrounds the Electabuzz and he reaches out for the amature roller-derby (-9, -6/-14). Grabbing 3 Pt, Surge’s energy connects, and then redirects the force of the attack right back at the Electrode, sending the ball flying backwards and into a power transistor. Tantrum dashes up towards Electro, his teeth glowing with dark energy before bitting down on the Steel-Type (-7/-6). Electro, hardly phased by the attack, glows once again with mental energy before Tantrum finds his jaws pulled open, unlatched from the Magneton and then slamed down onto the concrete, slamming his mouth shut and leaving this lower jaw vibrating (-8, -1 (Energy Substitute)/-6 (TKO’D!) -8 Damage with attacks using the Mouth). Through the pain induced, Tantrum is out of the battle!

The rain goes on and Surge coughs a bit (
    -2 (Poison)/-2) as does 3 Pt. Such a way to end Round 5!

Round 5! Post-Round Stats

HP: 28|87
    MP: 8|0

HP: 25|0
    MP: 28|46

Status: A deflated stress ball. Defense ----. Poisoned (2 HP per Round). Accuracy -.|TKO’D.

Ref Notes: Rain for 2 more Attacks. Randomizer for Sleep Talk: Captivate, Swagger. Health can be used for energy by 1 HP = 2 MP.

Knight of Time attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Whoa, never expected Tantrum would fall in the last round, anyway, Surge, Electro, let's finish this.

I want you both to keep using Psychic until 3 Pt. falls, even if you fall too, Surge, you did well here in what is most likely your "home turf", as for you, Electro, once Mimic wears off again, switch to Secret Power!
    Knight of Time

Veteran Trainer

Eh we've done all we can 3pt. How do you wanna end it?
    Yeah, can't end it like that though.

We got 4 Psychics coming our way. Uhhh not good. K, listen close, we may still make it to next round. Yer a ball. Balls can make no sound at all, especially no footsteps. So move a lil and Flash first off, Light Screen second, and then I want you to...slowly roll out of the way of their incoming attacks. Yeah, Evade n_n They're blind, they may not even hit you.

If you do notice that they see you, well then Mirror Coat.

Flash~Light Screen~Evade
    Mirror Coat anything that hits.

Entertaining quotes!

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I don't want to interupt anything, but I just noticed that Electro (the Magneton) is using psychic this match, which isn't in it's movepool?

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs View Post
    I don't want to interupt anything, but I just noticed that Electro (the Magneton) is using psychic this match, which isn't in it's movepool?
    Electro Mimicked Psychic from the Electabuzz in Round 5.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Okay, MM, before you get to reffing the next round, there's a question I need to ask that has me baffled.

When you mentioned "-8 Damage with attacks using the Mouth", what did you mean there? For a moment, it got me thinking that if Tantrum had survived the last round, the moves he would be using using his fangs for (e.g. Crunch, Ice Fang) would have done less damage than before, am I right or wrong? Either way, you got me confused there.
    Knight of Time

Veteran Trainer

Naw Kot. That means that every time Tantrum used his mouth, it would hurt Tantrum for -4 more because of the Psychic attacks to his mouth. So at the end, I lost 8 HP because I had Tantrum use his mouth when you stretched it out like a balloon :p.

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Actually the -4, was to damage using the mouth of Tantrum.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer

Round 6! Pre-Round Stats
    Pokémon: OO vs. OX

HP: 28|87
    MP: 8|0

Status: Defense ---. Accuracy -. Poisoned (2 HP per Round)|Defense --. Accuracy -. Psychic Mimicked 2 Attacks
    Psychic~Psychic~Psychic
    Psychic~Psychic~Secret Power

HP: 25|0
    MP: 28|46

Status: A deflated stress ball. Defense ----. Poisoned (2 HP per Round). Accuracy -.|TKO’D.
    Flash~Light Screen~Evade (Sub: Mirror Coat)

The Arena
    Kanto Power Plant. Rain, 2 Attacks

Ready! FIGHT!

Such a battle, and in only six rounds. Can Darkestlight and 3 Pt pull a win from up their sleeve against the onslaught of Knight of Times surging Elextabuzz and electrified Magneton? Lets find out!

Surge and Electro line up the battered and bruised 3 Pt in their sights, channeling their mental energy to play a game of “mental” ping-pong with him (
    -8/-5(Energy Substitute)). In a burst of light, 3 Pt illuminates the darkness and rain falling inside the building (-4/(Accuracy -)/(Accuracy -)) blinding both of Knight’s Pokémon and sending their attacks careening off course in response. Surge’s attack falls short, hitting the ground between himself and the Electrode, kicking up debris and water. Electro’s attack flies high, imploding a circuit board, sending sparks and electricity everywhere along the soaked ground (Everyone -3 (Electric jolt)).

Now with their vision gone again, 3 Pt starts to set up a Light Screen to protect himself (
    -4 (SPDEF +, 4 Attacks)), just as Electro cuts loose with his last blast of Psychic energy (-4 (Energy Substitute)). The blast hits the edge of the energy screen, bounces off and implodes a power transistor (Everyone -4 (Electrical Jolt)). Surge bellows at the pain and curses 3 Pt in his own way before unleashing his attack (-5 (Energy Substitute)), at which the attack flies a bit high over the hiding Electrode and explodes a darkened window.

Surge can’t see his opponent with the bright flash in a dark place, so then he unleashes his attack again (
    -4 (Energy Substitute)) aiming slightly off again, the blast hits the ground, sending water and debris into the air, but missing 3 Pt by a hair though. The Electrode takes his leave, the Light Screen should keep them distracted in their blindness. Slowly rolling along the ground, the spheroid Pokémon tries to keep his presence unknown as Electro zeroes in on where the Electric Type had disappeared to, assaulting the Light Screen with a bright beam of energy (-5 (Energy Subsitute)) thinking its pinned down the Electrode. However with the dampening effect of the Screen, it can’t tell if its attacks actually affected the Electrode.

The poison works its way through both Electrode and Surge (
    -2/-2).

And so as this last round starts to end, it appears an upset is in the works. Can Darkestlight fend off the double-teamed assault of Knight of Time? Until then, now’s the end of Round 6!

Round 6! Post-Round Stats

HP: 10|66
    MP: 0|0

Status: Defense ---. Accuracy --. Poisoned (2 HP per Round)|Defense --. Accuracy --.

HP: 16|0
    MP: 20|46

Status: A deflated stress ball. Defense ----. Poisoned (2 HP per Round). Accuracy -.SPDEF + (2 Rounds)|TKO’D.

Ref Notes: Health can be used for energy by 1 HP = 2 MP.

~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

There are going to be counters afoot 3pt, so let's be just annoying. In any event its been great and you two did your damned best.

First off rains over. Thank god. Stupid rain. We can set up now. They still can't see us, so...still hide, but close yer eyes and complete the first two actions. Then open them and complete the third. We'll see what happens.

Flash~Shock Wave~Evade

Hopefully the Shockwave will zap them both through the water. I'm rooting for ya 3Pt.
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 15th January 2009 at 03:34 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Electro, Surge, close your eyes and relax for your first actions so that 3 Pt.'s Flash will be wasted, then Electro, I want you to put all of your remaining energy into a massive Hyper Beam to blast the living daylights out of the Electrode.

Electro, for your last two actions, wait until the Hyper Beam clears, then if 3 Pt. is still standing, end this battle with one last Secret Power, but be ready to use a Swift on your final action, if necessary.

Surge, even if you faint too, I'm real proud of you.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Round 7! Pre-Round Stats
    Pokémon: OO vs. OX

HP: 10|66

Status: Defense ---. Accuracy --. Poisoned (2 HP per Round)|Defense --. Accuracy --.
    Relax~Hyper Beam
    Relax~Secret Power~Swift

HP: 16|0
    MP: 20|46

Status: A deflated stress ball. Defense ----. Poisoned (2 HP per Round). Accuracy -. SPDEF + (2 Rounds)|TKO’D.
    Flash~Shockwave~Evade

The Arena
    Kanto Power Plant.

Ready! FIGHT!

A long and strenuous fight rages on between the League’s eccentric combatants. Outnumbered two to one, can Darkestlight pull a ringer out of thin air, or will the combined assault of Knight’s powerhouse double teaming spell the end for the young Mod?

Surge and Electro both close their eyes and calm themselves after their last barrage of attacks at the Electrode (
    +5/+5). 3 Pt, the Spheroid of Wonder, charges up his own energy and unleashes a massive flash, illuminating the room (-3). Which doesn’t seem to phase either of his opponents, even though they can tell it’s bright behind their closed eye-lids.

Spinning in a modified version of a “super spin dash,” 3 Pt starts spinning in place generating static electricity before discharging it across the entire arena (
    -5/-4/-4). The attack bounced along the water currently soaking the floor of the power plant and managed to hit both Surge and Electro! Not willing to let this upstart stand, Electro unleashes a beam of energy right for 3 Pt (-5, -1 (Energy Substitute)/-4 (Glancing Blow) (Confused)). The attack was a bit off target, but did manage to connect with 3 Pt, sending odd hallucinations through the Electrode’s mind, confusing him. With the opponent disoriented, Surge howls a roar of rage before a sphere of concentrated energy forms in his mouth, and is then blasted forward in an odd homage to Godzilla (-5, -5 (Energy Substitute)/-12 (TKO’D)).

And through the smoke and mirrors, between the raging clash of electrical Pokémon, we have a victor! Wait… what’s that? Surge seems to cough a bit before he falls to the ground, out cold (
    -2 (Poison)).

Round 7! Post-Round Stats

HP: 0|61

HP: 0|0
    MP: 12|46

Ref Notes: Health can be used for energy by 1 HP = 2 MP.

Knight of Time is Victorious

Knight of Time: 2 Points
    Mew Master: 2 Points
    DarkestLight: 1 Point
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

Good game. Woot another loss. That's awesome . Just means my rematch will be even more stellar. Thanks MM and Kot!

Entertaining quotes!

Don't worry DarkestLight, I plan to have at least both Surge and Electro evolved before we do battle again...next time we'll have a single Pokemon battle, I just wanted to get some much-needed experience for the Electric types in my team, since unlike yours, they haven't fully evolved yet. Still, great battle.

Mew Master, thanks for reffing. I hope we can battle soon.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

I deleted the challenge I issued to BM since he wasn't responding to it... so set up a match KoT... and do battle we shall!
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art