Thread: Springthaw Contest!!!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Springthaw Contest!!!

Hey hey hey everyone. New Contest here! Sorry about February-but March is here (2 days, but still) and we'll get back into the swing of things!

Arena: Nature's Oxbow

A small island created by a meandering river. This Oxbow lake is not that wide across-a meter at wides. The water here is frozen, but shows visible signs of thaw. The river separates the stands from the area where the Coordinator and Pokemon are.

This Contest will go as follows

Round 1: Standard Appeal
    Round 2: Standard Appeal
    Round 3: Super Appeal (4 moves)

So, I'd like for all of you to post your first appeals in your registration post. No Reservations! And we'll have....I did ten before right..sure why not. 12.

Eliminations will be in 3's.

1. Roses are Red/Gambit/M Cubone
    2. Chris 2.1/Yukea/M Snover
    3. Dragonis/Jay/M Gallade
    4. Green Lantun/Magmortar/M Riff Raff
    5. Meloveghosts/Irou/F Murkrow
    6. Ultimate Charizard/M Arcanine
    7. Andrew/OzSaur/M Venusaur
    8. Blademaster/Reznor/Nidoqueen
    9. Crazy Elf Boy/Wildfire/M Charmander
    10. Houndoom Lover/Baaltzar/M Ursaring

Good Luck! See ya soon!
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 6th March 2009 at 05:44 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Springthaw Contest!!!

I will be sending out Gambit the male Cubone.

Gambit, start with a Swords Dance to show off that bone of yours. Do it a little slower to get the audience captivated by it. Next, throw it with a Bonemerang and, while it's out, spin and use Flamethrower to conceal yourself in the fire. Catch the bone on its return, spin it and bow to the audience.

Swords Dance -- Bonemerang -- Flamethrower

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll use Yukea,my Snover.

Start with Mist to shroud the area in a wintery veil. Sing a tune with grasswhistle to signal the arrival of spring, and fire a solarbeam up from your misty cloak. Spring is here!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Quite shadow Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll send out Jay, my shiny Gallade.

Jay start off by surrounding yourself in a flurry of Magical Leaf. Then Cut through all of leaves while doing a Swords Dance.

Yes, I am green! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'd like to join this!

I will choose my Male Magmortar, Riff Raff.

Riff Raff, let's create a visual experience for them all! Stand in the middle of the island, and start to bury yourself with Rock Tomb. Then, from within, send out a large Flamethrower into the sky to simulate an exploding volcano. And end with a Lava Plume, so that this volcano my send waves of lava into the water!

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ok Irou (female Murkrow), let's start this.

Start off with releasing a Haze to shroud the area in a black, thick fog. Then use Defog, do not clear away all of the smoke, but just a circle around you, to make you visable through the smoke. Finish with a Perish song, to try and create a bad omen appearance.

Haze - Defog - Perish Song

Ill go with my Arcanine (m)

Use the natural formation of the field by using Extreme Speed to run around in a circle. Go as fast as possible so it appears your leaving after images. After a while use Double Team while running so that these after images become 'real' and then stop, just long enough for the crowd to realise theres now 5 Arcanines and continue with a Flare Blitz at the ground in the center of the circle with all the Arcanines coming together for an explosive finish leaving only the original standing.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Time to BRING IN SPRING Venusaur! OzSaur

Sunnyday to brighten things up! Then it's time to use a Frenzy Plant to have nice plants coming back from the cold. Finish up with puffing out a leaf storm around the new frenzied plants to bring back life to this area!

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

I'm in. I choose Reznor, my Nidoqueen(F)!

OK, Rez, forget the spring - we're going summer all up in this bitch!

Start off with a Flamethrower to melt the ice over that lake. But don't melt all of it - leave a slab of it that's big and thick enough for you to stand on. Then, hop on that ice sheet and Surf! Use the oxbow's shape to go in a nice, sweeping curve and kick up some spray behind you. Grab onto the front end of the board, and then at the end of the surf, hop off and fling the 'board' into the sky, then blast it with a Shadow Ball so it explodes into a sunlit confetti of ink and crystal.

Move: Flamethrower, Surf, Shadow Ball

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Ok since its summer I will use my Shiny Charmander Wildfire. Ok Wildfire start of with Dragon Dance and while you are dancing around slowly branch out clones with Double Team and when you have enough clones each face a differen't compass point direction except for the side the crowd is on and let loose a violent Flamethrower to melt the ice and cover the island in a mist of steam.

Dragon Dance ~ Double Team ~ Flamethrower

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Veteran Trainer

Hrm. Closing this...tomorrow. That way I can post them up by Friday afternoon. See just how this plays out...

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Can I still get in on this still? ^_^

Spring means no more winter...so it's time for Baaltzar (Male Ursaring) to come out from hibernation.....Greet the people by giving them a big yaaaaaaaaawn and then shoot Seed Bomb into the air, and with Metal Claw, slice them open.

Yawn~Seed Bomb~Metal Claw
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Veteran Trainer

Yes you may. 2 more spots left for anyone that wants it!!! It'll be closed sometime late tonight so hurry in :O

Entertaining quotes!

Super Moderator

Can I enter twice?

Veteran Trainer

No . No duplications :p

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Well, that answers my question too. >>'

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Ok so we got 10/12. Not bad. I'll post Round one if not late tonight then sometime tomorrow.

Eliminating the 4th round so we can go 3, 3, 3 and have the winner.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Springthaw Contest

Alright everyone. We're back for our second Contest this year! Fantastic!! All the Coordinators seem like they're itching to show off their performance on Nature's Oxbow, so let's get this Contest started.

#1: Roses are Red and Gambit (M)
    Swords Dance~Bonemerang~Flamethrower

Silent yet stoic, the Cubone walks onto the field, waving its small club around. Pointing it at the audience, he begins a kendo performance, performing a dance of skill with his club that entrances the audience. Finishing with a upward slice, he lets the club go, and it whizzes high into the sky. As it loops and comes back for Gambit, the wily Cubone sets a Flamethrower right around itself, flames obscuring the little guy slightly. As the Bone sails over the flames, Gambit jumps up to grab it, and whips the club around its body once, causing enough wind to cease the flames as it lands on one knee. Nice applause as he walks off

#2: Chris 2.1 and Yukea (M)
    Mist~Grasswhistle~Solarbeam

The audience, still kinda riled after seeing that performance, eagerly await the seocnd competitor. He walkes out, a jolly looking Snover. Bopping around a bit, the Snover starts to create a thin Mist aroun the area. The audience watches as Yukea starts to fade from view. However, a soft song begins to serenade the audience, calming their excitement. The mist starts to shift, before being blasted away by a Solarbeam! People in the audience jump at the sudden blast, but welcome it! Yukea can be clearly seen as the Mist trails off with the beam, as it skyrockets straight up. The audience applauds and Yukea bops off.

#3: Dragonis and Jay
    Magical Leaf~Cut~Swords Dance

As the last of the Mist evaporates, Jay-our third competitor takes center stage. The crowd watches as Jay raises both arms, and a flurry of leaves shoot from the ground and begin rotating around him. Extending his elblades, the shiny Gallade acts as if he's a mime trapped in a box, and begins doing a capoiera type dance, cutting at the leaves with each fluid movement. Some leaves fight back catching Jay while he completes turns. When enough leaves fall, he steps free of the field and bows. The applause comes and Jay takes his leave.

#4: Green Lanturn and Riff Raff M
    Rock Tomb~Flamethrower~Lava Plume

Riff Raff enters the stage a beastly sized Pokemon. Riff moves to the center of the arena, and kneels down, before punching the ground, sending tremors. Rocks start to emerge and slope up his body, entombing him partially. The audience looks half interested, but they seem perked when the Flamethrower goes shooting up into the sky. The final attack simulates a volcanic eruption, with Lava just flowing from Raff's mouth and spewing forth, heading toward the water. The audience watches the viscous mass stop at the waters edge, and harden just then. The audience applauds and Magmortar breaks free, heading back to the side.

Quick intermission, while crews break the pahoehoe away and Minh. T restores the field to its grassyness....ok!

#5: Meloveghosts and Irou (F)
    Haze~Defog~Perish Song

Alright. Field renewed. Irou flaps to center stage, but moves closer to the water so everyone can get a taste of the Haze she brings. It starts to flow in from all sides and the audience is soon trapped in this dark and eerie haziness. They search for Irou and just then, a small area of light can be seen. Irou is spotted, almost as a fainter silhouette against the darker haze now. She opens her wings and caws in rhythm, a series of notes that seem to bring ill will upon anyone who hears. The crowd applauds and Irou flies off, the Haze evaporating...

*the hell, this is a spring contest, not scare the shit outta little kids contest...*
    *Work with it? The hell you work with that? There's a child crying over there cause he thought he was going to get eaten by a damn crow!*
    *Wha-my mic is Not on! Anyway..*

#6: Ultimate Charizard and Arcanine(M)

The crowd sits restlessly after that last performance, and Arcanine appears in all its majestic lore. In fact, to show it off, he runs to the edge of the river and dashes around it. The Audience feels a tad more comfrtable, watchng this extremely speedy beast. At one point there are visibly after images being left behind, and when the Arcanine stops, ther are 5 of them! The auience start to shake their heads and blink their eyes, almost grasping the fact that the clones are real when they all seem to turn into firey hellions and fly at each other! The resulting blitz spews fire everywhere, and only Arcanine Prime is left to stare at the audience. Audience applauds, and Arcanine trots off..

#7: Andrew and OzSaur (M)
    Sunny Day~Frenzy Plant~Leaf Storm

The ginormous Venusaur takes the stage now and wastes no time in beckoning the sun to come on in and calm the rattled nerves of the audience. Sun feels good...and the plants seem to thinsk so too. Grass starts to shoot up and the reeds lining the riverbank all grow in a frenzy, spiralling and vining about each other. OzSaur walks over the now volatile mounds of vines and reeds, completing this appeal with a flurry of leaves blasting from underneath it all. The attack gets a bit too wild even for OzSaur to handle and storms around with such ferocity that the audience gets smacked with leaves and what not. OzSaur ends with that, and the audience applaud.

#8: Blademaster and Reznor (F)
    Flamethrower~Surf~Shadowball

Minh. T has a hell of a time removing the vines with her limited Bulbasaur power, but she manages fine enough for Reznor to take center stage. The audience watches intently, as Reznor goes straight for the thinned ice, taking it on with a Flamethrower. It cracks and shifts under the heat until a suitable block is lift. Reznor tries her weight and although a few spindles of cracks can be seen, it holds. She then commands the underlying water to push her forward, and she weaves thrugh the icy river now, Surfing as best she can. When she covers a good portion of the Oxbow, the front of the board is grabbed, and it breaks. That causes her to visibly fall backwards, but she kicks the board up, and fires a Shadowball at the ice slab. It shatters into hundreds of thin pieces, a visible splotchy show under the brightened sunlight.

Lucky, as she climbs out of the river and runs to the sidelines. Slight intermission again, stretch the legs out..ahh ok.

*9: Crazy Elf Boy and Wildfire (M)
    Dragon Dance~Double Team~Flamethrower

The field is fixed, and our ninth competitor takes center stage. The little Charmander waves its arms so the audience can spot his bright form, and then he begins to get down! Having a fun ol' time dancing to the music in his head, the Charmander decides he needs dance partners. One dance partner emerges, and when those two start dancing together, a second pair emerges. They all stop, feeling really good and each run to a different direction, Wildfire taking north. On his count, they all let loose a flamethrower-but only Wildfire's is real, and the audience watches a blast of steam be created from the contact of Fire and Ice. It dosen't reach them, and when it clears, only the true Wildfire is standing there, to recieve applause.

#10: Houndoom Lover and Baatlazar (M)
    Yawn~Seed Bomb~Metal Claw

Our final competitor takes the stage. The audience seems pumped from that last appeal, can Baatalzar keep it up? He lumbers out, and Yawns, indicating he just woke up. The crowd watches as he rears up on hind legs and spits out 5 seeds in the air. Te first one coems down, and he springs into action slashing at it with his claws-to cause the first explosion. The second forces him to run backwards, where he uses his left arm to Slash at it. The third falls to the west, as she swipes at it from behind the back-exploding there. His forth is cut with a karate chop. The crowd nods at the explosive affair and it seems the attack is over..but weren't there five? OH! The final one is exploded as he stands directly center stage stabbing it with one outstetched claw. Very fun appeal, and it garnders applause, before he lumbers off.

Alright! Great appeals everyone! Let's get to the scores!

~~Scores~~

#1) Gambit 8.0/10
    It was a solid appeal. The fire was a bit heavy, but showcasing Cubone's adeptness with a weapon was a nice touch. I did like the end of the appeal, calming the flames with a spring wind.

#2) Yukea Score: 8.8/10
    The trick here was the end of the performance. The whole spring was here thing was not too clear, until the Solarbeam came into view. As the adage goes "In like a Lion...out like a lamb." We'll we definitely saw the "in". Waking the crowd up from that Grasswhistle was key as well..

#3) Jay Score: 7.3/10
    That was a tough act to follow. Only because of the pizazz seen the first two rounds. But the whole appeal seemed mediocre at best. The show of elblade skill while dancing was put off by the fact that it seemed Jay didn't give himself enough space to dance in. That's why the leaves seemed to be fighting back.

#4) Riff Raff Score: 9.2/10
    Fun, watching volcanoes is always something everyone finds interesting and scary at the same time-any time of year. From the coloration of Riff Raff's body to the excellent use of fire attacks, that appeal was well thought out. The lava didn't reach the water though, that might have given it more of an effect.

#5) Irou Score: 6.9/10
    Totally going against the grain there, Irou did do her set of appeals perfectly. Even with defogging part of the area, its hard to make a black bird out against a black background. Creeped out the audience a bit, but it was still a solid appeal.

#6) Arcanine Score: 7.1/10
    It was too fast to process for some people-the Extremespeed/Double Team. You pullled it off though. But then having the clones crash was just a mess of fake fire with fire and it didn't mesh too well. I see what you were trying to go for-but it didn't help you had a crazy appeal to follow up from.

#7) OzSaur Score: 7.9/10
    Not gonna lie, too crazy. It started nice, and the Frenzy plant was good, showing the-albiet hastened-relation of sun to plant life, but the Leaf Storm...too much. Got a tad out of Venu's control there...using volatile moves like that can put on strain on even the best of Pokemon.

#8) Reznor Score: 7.6/10
    Underestimated the ice's strength. But that's not all your fault. It was a nice appeal, but the Flamethrower was aided by the Sun a bit. Still impressive-showing fun activity-though surfing is more summer than spring.. The end was unique, dark and light reflecting in the air-it helped cover Reznor's exit from the oxbow lake.

#9) Wildfire Score: 8.8/10
    That was a fun one. The dancing Charmander schtick went well with the audience-playing on cute and graceful as it danced the day away. The clones were a nice touch, having dance partners. The end though made it seem like a magic trick, with a Flamethrower creating smoke and then there being only one left. Nice one all around.

#10) Baatalzar Score: 8.4/10
    Wow. Definitely didn't expect that. Explosions everywhere. It was all over the place, but exciting at the same time. The audience liked it and it seemed Baatalzar liked it as well. Good job.

End Notes

Alright. That's how the breakdown is assembled. Our bottom three so far are Ultimate Charizard (7.1), Dragonis (7.3) and Meloveghosts (6.9)-as such, they are eliminated from the tournament. Everyone else, please post your appeals. Yes, you use the same Pokemon for the next round.

Entertaining quotes!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Okay Gambit, let's try to kick it up a bit. Use Ice Beam to make a solid statue a little bit taller than you in front of you. Not too big or you'll have trouble breaking it. Now, use Bone Rush to smash it into tiny bits and finish off with Sunny Day to signal spring coming.

Ice Beam -- Bone Rush -- Sunny Day

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

We're through, Yukea! Good work. Shoot a shimmering magical leaf in the sky, and glaze them with a powder snow as they twinkle back down. End with swords dance, sweeping the glazed leaves back up as you conjur up mystical swords.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

A pox on you, a pox on you all....and a thousand curses....and.....rabid chickens too.... *runs off to cry*

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Advanced Trainer

OK Riff Raff, excellent first round, let's keep going! Let's simulate something a little different this time, heh, though i think they are going to have to re-grass the field again!

Start things off by casting a large Smog around you, building up a dark cloud of mystery. Then, I want your eyes to glow red through the flames with Leer. Make the audience think of a menacing ghost! Finally, surprise them all by burning the smog up with a large fire spin, that will culminate with you in the middle, the emerged evil spirit!

Smog~Leer~Fire Spin

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Ok Wildfire lets get to the third round. Start of with a Rock Slide to put 12 rocks in a circle around you one at each maching a number on a clock (eg 1,2,3 etc) Then curl up into a ball with Defense curl and start spinning in a clockwise direction. The use Dragon Rage to put forth a single energy beam from your mouth as you sping so you look like a clock symbolising the passage of time.

Rock Slide ~ Defense Curl ~ Dragon Rage

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Veteran Trainer

^That is fucking CLEVER.

Reznor, we're gonna do an Appeal I'm calling 'The Lightning Gun.'

First, use Ice Beam to create the 'barrel' of the gun around you: Make a ring of ice for a sturdy base, then make a coil upwards around you, getting narrower as it goes up until the opening at the top is like half-size. Then fire a Sludge Bomb straight up in the air, out the 'barrel,' and end by detonating the Bomb with a Thunderbolt. Light up the sky!

Move: Ice Beam ('barrel'), Sludge Bomb (lightning 'seed'), Thunderbolt ('ammo')

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Wow! We made it to the second round! Twice in my life- Ooooh, let's see if we can't go three, Baaltzar!

First, smash the ground for some sizeable chunks of rocks, and then start to juggle them with Sessmic toss, my circus bear you- and start to tribal dance with Rain Dance

Rock Smash~Sesmic Toss~ Rain Dance ( I spelled Sessmic wrong)

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Super Moderator

Venusaur. Fire a Worry Seed and Leech Seed into the air. Spin around your vines for a vine whip to create a little tornado of air to scatter the seeds and when they hit the ground they should start sprouting.

Veteran Trainer

Springthaw Contest Round Two Part II ¬¬.....

Alright everyone. We're back. Taking a look at the scores here, it's determined that the lowest scores from last round will go first! So, without further ado..let's begin

#1: Blademaster and Reznor (F)
    Ice Beam~Sludge Bomb~Thunderbolt

The lucky Reznor plods onto the arena first, to a warm applause. Determined to make up ground for her last appeal, she starts by creating her own Ice sculpture...herself. Wrapping herself within ice, she leaves the top open, reminiscent of a cannon. The audience watched with glee as a purple mass fires forth from the sculpture, undulating in the air. Upon its return to ward the gun, a second, electrical current rises up and blasts forth, skewering and eviscerating the sludge mass and making it splatter all over the arena-and the audience. The kids cheer-as gooey stuff is always fun. Reznor is then carried off stage..

#2) Andrew and OzSaur (M)
    Worry Seed~Leech Seed~Vine Whip.

Ozsaur makes his second trip to the oxbow, to a round of applause. With a loud "Saur!!" he fires up a battalion of seeds in the air. They seem to almost waft in the air for a moment, before falling back down-but they don't get the chance to touch the soil. No, Saur's vines are whipping around at a controlled by frenzied pace, creating a whirlwind that's keeping the seeds aloft. Once that's over, the seeds fall all around,and instantly sprout into vines and thorny leaves and all sorts of springtime blossoming. The crowd applauds the beauteous appeal, and Saur walks off.

#3) Roses are Red and Gambit (M)
    Ice Beam~Bone Rush~Sunny Day

Next up is Gambit. He examined the ground in front of him, and deems is suitable for a Ice Beam to hit it. After a few minutes a nice slab of ice appears, a smidgeon taller than him. He pats it one his club and then cocks his arms back. Diving forth, he Rushes the ice sculpture, swinging the club through the ice and shatters it. However, Gambit aimed high, and the base of the ice was still whole, causing him to trip over it. The crowd watches as Gambit seems to be calling for help, when all of a sudden the Sun comes out, and helps Gambit by melting the Sun away. A heartfelt "Aww" resonates through the audience, followed by applause.

#4) Houndoom Lover and Baaltazar (M)
    Rock Smash~Seismic Toss~Rain Dance

The field is cleared and our newly awakened bear takes the stage. Wasting no time, he shows a bit of temperament by Smashing the ground a tad, until a few small rocks could be seen. Rearing to a bipedal position, he picks up 5 of the, and begins Tossing each one up, until he has a juggling act being performed. People clap and laugh, as he starts to dance around, still juggling! It seems like a perfect circus act, until the rain comes and puts a damper on his act. "Aww"s come from the crowd as the Ursaring walks off, acting disheartened by the rain cloud that still follows him. The audience applauds, approving.

We'll take an intermission here...to have Crazy Elf and Chris draw straws to see who goes first....and its Chris!

#5) Chris 2.1 and Yukea (M)
    Magical Leaf~Powder Snow~Swords Dance

Skipping out comes Yukea, and he wastes no time. It seems that there are leaves behind him, dancing and spinning in the air. Yukea seems to not like this and tries to put them down, to no avail. He seems to have an idea and raises his hands to the sky. Slowly, a small snow begins to falls, powdering the land and covering the leaves in a nice thin layer all around him. Then, Yukea begins to gracefully dance around. He raises one hand, and the wind emitted from that hand forces the leaves to fly up and dance. Yukea dances around some more, raising his hands-the leaves flying up in response, as if he was swinging an invisible sword about. His performance over, Yukea leaves to a round of applause.

#6) Crazy Elf Boy and Wildfire (M)
    Rock Slide~Defense Curl~Dragon Rage

The cute little Charmander returns. Running over to the lake, he raises his hands, commanding twelve rocks to rise up. They slide past him and land on the field, arranged in a circle. Pushing a few rocks a bit to the right or left, Wildfire nods at the arrangement and subsequently curls into a ball in the middle of them all. He begins to sin, attaining a greyish sheen. When the sheen is bright enough, a single beam is emitted of purple color. This beam connects with the southernmost rock-and cracks the rock, until it explodes. In a clockwise manner, the audience watch as the controlled beam slices and dismantles every other rock on the field until it returns to the lowest position. Wildfire then ends the beam, stands up and runs off to a round of applause.

#7) Green Lanturn and Riff Raff (M)
    Smog~Leer~Fire Spin

The final competitor appears. With his cannons to the ready, Riff Raff begins pumping out a Smog around him. The audience watches as the Smog envelops him completely, except for two piercing red dots that seem to connect with every person watching. People point and nod at the glowering dots, until the smog is suddenly ignited, and a immense Fire Spin engulfs the island. In the center of it stands Riff Raff-cannons pointing to the sky. His hearty laugh could be heard by everyone in the area. The Spin ends, and Riff Raff takes his leave, to a round of applause.

Great appeals by everyone. But its all up to the judges now.

End Notes

#1) Reznor Score: 8.2/10
    A welcomed comeback from a less than perfect first round. The uniqueness of building that gun around herself was nice. You also can't neglect the audience involvement-even though it WAS a toxic substance. Kids'll play with anything. But the audience didn't disapprove, and it was colorful-an odd color combo but a working one, nonetheless.

#2) OzSaur Score: 8.4/10
    This appeal went much better. Various seeds and a unique way of planting them. It was the after effect that helped the score, watching them plant and grow at an accelerated rate was nice, as they blossomed into a variety of things, so it was aesthetically pleasing.

#3) Gambit Score: 8.0/10
    This was a solid appeal, but it was a step back. The saving grace here was actually due to the mistake. When Gambit fell over the base of the ice brick, an called for Sunny Day,it got sympathy points because instead of looking like it was shattering winter apart, it was more so like it was struggling through winter and spring finally came to help.

#4) Baatlazar Score: 8.6/10
    Taking a note from Elf, and tried for humor. It worked well, Baat acting as a circus bear. Everything meshed well, except the Rock Smash at the beginning. That seemed a bit out of place, but the comical Raincloud at the end was an icing to a good cake. Good Job.

#5) Yukea Score: 8.9/10
    I really liked this appeal. There was a hidden subtlety to it that the audience may not have fully captured. From the probably unintentional matching of the white and green leaves to Yukea's body color, to the dancing motions -it looked like the leaves were an extension of Yukea themselves. I thought it was great.

#6) Wildfire Score: 7.5/10
    There was a glaring problem I had with this appeal. I understand what you were going for, but you forgot a large component. The second hand. The set up and execution was perfect, but without a second hand, no one could tell it was a clock. It was more of a shooting gallery-which was nice, but it did leave much to be desired.

#7) Riff Raff Score: 8.5/10
    Never one to disappoint. The beginning was slow, but that only made the ending that much stronger. You tried to put a sense of amazement into everyone, and yeah, it got my heart pumping to see that Fire Spin suddenly blast forth. It just started a little too slow-people were beginning to wonder if there was going to be any more action.

~~End Results~~

The breakdown is as follows. Those names in bold have been disqualified. Whoever is in italics, you have made it to the Final round! Please post your appeals, and remember. It is a Super Appeal round, so 4 attacks a Pokemon

Reznor: 8.2+7.6=15.8
    Wildfire: 7.5+8.8= 16.3

Houndy and Baatlazar: 8.6+8.4= 17
    GL and Riff Raff: 8.5+9.2= 17.7
    Chris 2.1 andYukea: 8.9+8.8= 17.7

Gambit: 8.0+8.0= 16
    Andrew and OzSaur: 8.5+7.9= 16.4

Last edited by DarkestLight; 15th March 2009 at 03:55 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

OK Riff Raff, we are in the running for this, so let's give them an intense finish to this show!

Start things off with a Double Team so that there is a large group of Magmortars running around. Then, have them all Fling you up high into the sky! From the sky, make the ones on the ground panic like its the end of the world with a largeThunderbolt right into the center of the bunch. And finally, GIVE THEM THE END OF THE WORLD by destroying everything and hitting the ground as a massive meteor with Giga Impact!

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yukea let's see if we can come up with a third appeal.

Ingrain your roots into the ground and launch an energy ball high into the air. Attack it with seed bomb and as the ball bursts around you, use a shimmering safeguard for a glittery effect.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator

Sunny Day. Use the power of the sun to power up a growth. Show them hte change of season is strong. Create a light screen above you and finish off by using a Solarbeam through the light screen like a crystal to fire off that solar energy into a heap of different directions to make it super pretty.

Advanced Trainer

Hey Houndy, just a reminder that you are the last one to post your appeal! Let's getthis going!

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

Elite Trainer

Oh crap! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I got cought up on how pretty the sky was >w>...Yep, that'll be my excuse!

Okay, Baaltazar!

With Rock Smash create a good sized ramp, and then (with a running start first) roll up the ramp with Rollout and throw yourself up in the air! Once in the air, break out of the roll with an Aerial Ace and as soon as your paw (body, whatever) hits the ground, use Earthquake to break the ground apart!

(Rock Smash~Rollout~Aerial Ace~Earthquake)

Thumbs up, Thumbs up! So nervous!

...while you sleep.

Veteran Trainer

Springthaw Contest Final Round!!!

OK! We've made it to the final round folks! Our last competitors are ready with their appeals and ready to give it their all! Let's not waste anymore time!

#1) Andrew and OzSaur (M)
    Sunny Day~Growth~Light Screen~SolarBeam

OzSaur steps out for its final round. A massive bellow and the crowd gasps, as the sun comes out once again to join them! As the rays warm everyone, Venu takes a deep breath, and seems to expand its abilities. Plump and fully bloomed, a thick sheen of light is seen to coalesce above Venu's tree on his back.

The auduence stares for a moment, before a massive SolarBeam barrels up from the Bulb, hitting the screen directly, and refracting through. Instead of blasting straight up, it bent at 35 degree angles and traveled at different speeds, giving the effect of multicolored beams scattering into the sky. A superb appeal with tons of applause.

#2) Houndy and Baatlazar (M)
    Rock Smash~Rollout~Aerial Ace~Earthquake

Our favorite clownbear comes back out, and immediately begins construction. Smashing his fists against the ground, he begins to make a ramp. It is not too clear to the audience, as he's kinda far back. For a moment, he runs off a bit farther, before kneeling down and Rolling towards it. He gainsa good bit of speed, and flies up in the air!

Soaring toward the standard stage, he unfurls his body and looks like hes gonna body slam the ground. But one claw is outstretched, and that claw slices down toward the ground. He lands, balancing all his weight on that claw-forcing the energy through him to the ground, and it begins to shake. The ripples grow in intensity-making the icy water break up and slosh around! A brilliantly controlled Earthquake. Applause rains down as he leaves the stage..

A small intermission..straws are drawn between our two finalists. and Lanturn starts!

#3) Green Lanturn and Riff Raff (M)
    Double Team~Fling~Thunderbolt~Giga Impact

As the field is turned back into its serene self, Riff Raff takes the stage. Taking a cue from the others, a Double Team is used to create 4 more Riff's. They all turn to their creator and grab him as the original pulls his rms in, obviously charging up. Riff lifts one hand, and so do his clones, Flinging him sky high.

As he flies up, Riff fires a Thunderbolt below him. However, the clones start to fade-due to the energy being exerted and the Bolt strikes one of the clones, evaporating it instantly. The other three seem to be stable enough, as Magmortar begins his rapid descent. Attaining a fiery glow, he streaks down like a comet, Slammig into the group with the force of a explosion! Everyone shields their faces as dust and debris fly up. Riff stands in the center of a depression, hands up-and people applaud that exciting show of power.

#4) Chris 2.1 and Yukea (M)
    Ingrain~Energy Ball~Seed Bomb~Safeguard

Field reformed, and Yukea walks out. Following that appeal may be a bit hard, but he looks fearless. Sticking to the ground, he digs his feet in, showing everyone he's there to stay. A massive charge of energy builds from the ground as he raises his hands, showing every one the Ball he's creating above his head. He flings it skyward when it attains enough power and watches it undulate for a moment.

The crowd watches the bright green sphere, and then ooh and ahh as it shatters due to a barrage of seeds bombarding it! As the green pieces and seeds fall, Yukea opens its arms wider, creating a veil that falls around them. It shimmers with a green radiance that turns into light blue and bright purple and other colors in that part of the color spectrum.

The crowd applauds and stand up as Yukea stays put. The other competitors come out and take a bow, people cheering for a well played ocntest by all. Baatlazar cuts Yukea's roots free so they can leave the stage, and well, it's up the the Judges now.

End Notes

#1) OzSaur Score 8.6/10
    Very colorful. Using the Light Screen as a prism was very unique, and it was sble to work in your favor, having such a good powerup from that Growth earlier. It reminded me of a laser light show. But even still, there was alot of setting up and only one real effect.

#2) Baatlazar Score: 9.0/10
    Nice idea, building a ramp to do a stunt off from. High flying acrobatic bear is always fun to watch, and you pushed the limit there. with the Earthquake from one claw. I was shocked it kept its balance, truthfully. Twas a differnt appeal, and that's always good.

#3) Riff Raff Score: 8.8/10
    Had some problems here. High energy appeal as always. I liked the beginning, essense of teamwork to throw yourself up above the rest, but then things got bad. Clones lost alot of tangibility as you charged up for both the bolt and the Impact. Then it seemed you smited a clone! The end was strong as always though, an the crowd loved it.

#4) Yukea Score 8.5/10
    I was kind of worried-after such a powerful appeal, but yours was a nice way to end the Contest. It was bright, it was glittery and it had a feel of calming to it. I didn't understand the use for Ingrain though-unless it was to help accentuate the Ball, but most people didn't get that. Still a solid appeal none the less.

~~Final Results~~

Alright! The final Tallies are in!

Andrew 16.4+8.6= 25
    Houndy 17+9= 26
    Green: 17.7+8.8= 26.5
    Chris: 17.7+8.5= 26.2

Our Winner is Green Lanturn! You recieve 4 points and the Springthaw Ribbon!

Our (very close) Runner up in the Springthaw Contest is..Chris 2.1. You recieve 2 points!

Thanks everyone for participating and don't worry, Aprilwill have a new contest ready for you all!

Last edited by DarkestLight; 22nd March 2009 at 11:11 AM.

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well done everyone. Damn I almost got my fourth ribbon.....well done GL. Yukea you did a good job too.

*takes points*

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

SWEET! *runs up and hugs Riff Raff* oooh, so warm....

Thanks DL and Chris and everyone who competed, this was definately fun!

*off to the bank* Thanks again!

~GL
    Last edited by Green Lanturn; 22nd March 2009 at 10:39 AM.
    ...just call me G.L.

Elite Trainer

Congradulation, winners!! ^w^

But yaaay! I've never gone this far before! How rock awesome, Baaltzar! You can sleep in the main tent now!

Baaltzar: Roar

...while you sleep.