Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blade VS. Darkly: Battle of the Modern Major-General! (Ref: CEB)

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Blade VS. Darkly: Battle of the Modern Major-General! (Ref: CEB)

I'm issuing an open challenge to anybody I haven't fought recently (Sorry, MLG.). Here's the rules. Prepare for a long read - this arena is gonna be the next Monopoly Melee Board, mark my words!

Number: 5-on-5, one Pokemon at a time.
    Order: You can send out first; I'll attack first.
    DQ: 1 week
    Banned moves: None at all.
    SPECIAL RULE: Rather than 3 actions, each round will consist of 4 actions. The arena should explain why.

And, speaking of which... The arena:

Penzance Beach

A beach at the base of a rocky cliff. The surf further down is relatively calm, with an old-fashioned pirate ship docked nearby, and several grassy plants are scattered about amidst the sand and rocks.

Scattered around the beach is a small group of maidens in white dresses, gloves, and shoes, as well as old-fashioned hats. Opposite them are a group of assorted pirates, some scruffy and/or hairy, some not, mostly in dumb-looking, outdated outfits. The two groups appear to be arguing about something, but what that is won't be revealed until a couple of rounds into the battle, at which point the pirates will advance and attempt to seize the maidens. When this exactly starts is up to the ref; it will play out like this:

PIRATES/MAIDENS ROUND, ACTIONS 1 AND 2: The maiden leader, 'Mabel,' will begin to sing, calling the lead pirate (the Pirate King) "monster" and threatening that she and the other maidens "are lords of chancellory, and Father is a Major-General." Following this, the pirates begin to panic, one singing a warning of danger because the aforemention revelation of who 'Father' is. This exchange takes place at the start of the round and takes up 2 actions. It will not interfere with the battling Pokemon.

PIRATES/MAIDENS ROUND, ACTION 3: The maidens will affirm "Yes, yes, he is a Major-General!," and then from behind the crowd of ruffled maidens and startled pirates, a red parasol will fly up and open, the crowd will part, revealing a foppish, moustachioed/sideburned British gentleman in a militant outfit and hat - Major-General Stanley. He is extremely well-mannered and will announce his entrance, stating "Yes, yes, I am a Major-General!". During this action, any Pokemon that is battling will be punished for disrespecting the Major-General, who will strike the offending Pokemon with his umbrella.

PIRATES/MAIDENS ROUND, ACTION 4: After greeting and/or beating the combatants and proclaiming "it is, it is a glorious thing to be a Major-General!," he will turn his attention to the pirates and maidens, and a rather silly tune will begin to play. This will end the round and start the real fun...

For every following round, the famous Major-General Song will sing, one line per action. Depending what line he sings, a specific action will happen, in order (See below for explanations of the colors):

I am the very model of a modern Major-General,
    The Major-General will smile and nod to any Pokemon that listens to him gloat, granting that Pokemon a boost of confidence - and a random 1 stat point boost.

I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
    Any Normal attack used during this time will gain a random Pokemon-type that is either Super-effective or at least normally effective against the opponent. Depending on what the opponent is weak against, the type will be either animal (Dragon, Bug, Fighting, Psychic), vegetable (Grass, Bug, Poison, Ground), or mineral (Ground, Ice, Rock, Steel).

I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical
    The most infamous of the kings of England, Henry VIII, appears on the field; all female Pokemon are smited for 10HP and 10EN due to their inability to bear the King a son. If the Pokemon he strikes are of the Ghost and/or Dark type, she/they are accused of witchcraft and receive the 'Anne Boleyn' treatment, which hits for 20HP and 20EN.

From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;
    The Pokemon that attacks first in this round is struck by a tactic developed in the Battle of Marathon called 'double envelopment.' When this occurs, a platoon of soldiers charge the attacking Pokemon, then split and attack around it from the sides. This maneuver does 10HP of damage and hits with the force of a Fighting-type attack.

The Pokemon that attacks second in this round is struck by the Napoleonic aftermath of the Battle of Waterloo - like how Napoleon was said to die of poisoning, the Pokemon that attacks second this round is stricken with Toxic poisoning.

I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical,
    All attacks issued this round add HP to the enemy and EN to the user, instead of subtracting them as they usually would. The reverse also applies, subtracting HP when healing moves are used/draining EP while Relaxing, etc..

I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
    All HP and energy loss/gain done this turn has the quadratic formula applied to it. If our ref doesn't know how to do quadratic calculations, here's a calculator: http://www.1728.com/quadratc.htm If THAT doesn't help, get someone smart to calculate for you.

About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news,
    All HP and EN damage calculated this round is binomially expanded: an attack that does 7 damage and costs 6 energy, for instance, will do 7+6+5+4+3+2+1+0=28 damage and cost 6+5+4+3+2+1+0=21 energy. This applies to HP/EN gain, as well.

With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.
    A random 3-headed Pokemon - either Magneton, Dodrio, or Dugtrio - appears and forms its three heads into a decorative Pythagorean triangle... from which a Tri Attack is then launched. The Tri Attack will be Electric, Flying, or Ground, depending on what Pokemon uses it. Whichever Pokemon is currently winning will be who the attack is aimed at.

I'm very good at integral and differential calculus;
    The field becomes a 6x6 graph for the duration of the action, with this symbol on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ta...to_a_curve.svg Any Pokemon standing on the black line (40% of that happening) loses 5EN. Any Pokemon standing on the red line (25% of that happening) loses 5HP. Any Pokemon standing on the maroon spot (40%x25%=10% of that happening) loses half its current HP and EN.

I know the scientific names of beings animalculous:
    A swarm of animalcules assault the field, striking both Pokemon with 10HP of Bug attack power and a random status anomaly: Poison, Sleep, or Paralysis.

In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
    Any Normal attack used during this time will gain a random Pokemon-type that is either Super-effective or at least normally effective against the opponent. Depending on what the opponent is weak against, the type will be either animal (Dragon, Bug, Fighting, Psychic), vegetable (Grass, Bug, Poison, Ground), or mineral (Ground, Ice, Rock, Steel).

I am the very model of a modern Major-General.
    The Major-General will smile and nod to any Pokemon that listens to him gloat, granting that Pokemon a boost of confidence - and a random 1 stat point boost.

I know our mythic history, King Arthur's and Sir Caradoc's;
    King Arthur's Round Table and Caradoc's wizard appear and examine both battlers. Whichever battler has more health is given a blessing by the Knights of the Round Table that increases said battler's ATK/DEF. Whichever battler has more energy is endowed by the wizard's magic, which boosts SPATK/SPDEF.

I answer hard acrostics, I've a pretty taste for paradox,
    If any attacks used during this turn create an acrostic (the first and/or last letter of each attack word spell out a message related to the Pokemon), the Pokemon using said attacks does Super-effective damage this round. This effect is cumulative.

I quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus,
    During this action, the prostituional and blasphemic emperor Elegabalus appears on the field. The first Pokemon to attract the emperor's attention will receive his 'blessing': the Pokemon's HP will halve, but in exchange the opposing Pokemon will be irrefutably Attracted to that Pokemon for the remainder of its time on the field.

In conics I can floor peculiarities parabolous;
    The battlefield becomes a bowl-shaped parabola. Physical attacks are useless, and Special attacks will fire straight forward and, depending on the angle, may fire the attack back at the user or off into the sky harmlessly.

I can tell undoubted Raphaels from Gerard Dows and Zoffanies,
    One of Gerard Dow's dark, candlelit portraits appears over the field; Dark and Fire energy blasts shoot from it at whichever Pokemon is more vulnerable to the attack. If neither of the combatants are vulnerable, the blasts will randomly choose their targets.

I know the croaking chorus from The Frogs of Aristophanes!
    The frogs from The Frogs appear at the middle of the field and croak their eerie song, Confusing any Pokemon that hear it as well as lowering their Speed.

Then I can hum a fugue of which I've heard the music's din afore,
    A relaxing tune is heard across the field. Relaxing while this tune plays restores 10HP and 10EN. Any sort of noise made during this song will cause it to abruptly end, negating or removing the bonus for both parties.

And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore.
    The popular Pinafore exchange of, "What, never?", "No, never!", "What, never?", "Well, hardly ever!" booms across the field; for the remainder of the battle, both Pokemon present during the exchange gain the ability to use one attack that they could not normally use.

Then I can write a washing bill in Babylonic cuneiform,
    The most famous cuneiforms of the Pokemonverse - the 28 Unown - appear on the field and rain down a hailstorm of Secret Power attacks. They carry various status anomalies and attack strengths between 1 and 5 damage. Unless blocked somehow, this attack will likely be fatal; any attack used on the Unown will result in them instantly KO-ing the attacker, even if it's Protecting and at 100HP.

And tell you every detail of Caractacus's uniform:
    Two insignias appear on the ground; a Pokemon standing on one has a 50/50 chance of losing 1 point in all its stats or having its HP filled to 100HP.

In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,

In fact, when I know what is meant by "mamelon" and
    "ravelin",
    Both Pokemon gain a shield - Reflect, Light Screen, or Safeguard - depending on whether the opponent is using a Physical attack, Special attack, or status attack (respectively). If the opponent doesn't attack, the Pokemon gets a Double Team.

When I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a javelin,
    If an attack is used and strikes a Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard, or Double Teaming Pokemon, the attacking Pokemon gains 1 point of ATK, SPATK, SPEED, or ACC (respectively). If no such shield is struck, the attacked Pokemon gains 1 point of DEF and SPDEF.

When such affairs as sorties and surprises I'm more wary at,
    During this round, both Pokemon moves are PM'ed to the Ref, and thus come as complete surprises to the opponent.

And when I know precisely what is meant by "commissariat",
    If either Pokemon attacks during this turn, a Delibird gives that Pokemon a Present. What the Present contains is up to the ref's discretion.

When I have learnt what progress has been made in modern
    gunnery,
    The most advanced gun of the time is drawn at random and fires at both Pokemon, doing 10HP of Steel damage if they strike a Pokemon.

When I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery—
    A series of monks cross the beach, on their way back to their abbey. Any attack launched while these pious pacifists are present will bring down a smiting lightning bolt from the sky on the attacker, doing 10 points of Electric damage to the attacker. A Pokemon that doesn't attack will gain the monks' blessing, which raises the blessed Pokemon's luck.

In short, when I've a smattering of elemental strategy—
    All Pokemon on the field that are not Normal Pokemon cannot attack this turn; if one Pokemon has a type that is super-effective against the opponent's type, the 'weaker' type's HP and EN are doubled or increased to 100 (whichever comes first). The 'stronger' type, in exchange, gains 2 SPATK and SPDEF points. If there is a Normal Pokemon on the field, or neither Pokemon has a type advantage, the 'strategy' is lost and attacks are carried out as usual. Neither Pokemon can Relax during this action.

You'll say a better Major-General has never sat a-gee.
    The Major-General's horse - a Rapidash - appears on the field and attacks a Pokemon at random, doing 10HP of Fire damage. This attack is too fast to be dodged.

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
    Both Pokemon are struck by all of the Major-General's 'military knowledge,' cutting 50HP and 50EN off of both Pokemon.

Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
    If either Pokemon on the field during this action has been on the field since the start of the round, that Pokemon's HP and EN is returned to the value it was at at the start of the first action.

But still, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,

COLORS

RED lines/actions can be prevented by attacking during that action.
    BLUE lines/actions can be prevented by not attacking during that action.
    YELLOW lines/actions can't be prevented, but they can be blocked/dodged.
    PURPLE lines/actions are unable to stopped, blocked, dodged, or evaded through doing nothing.
    GREEN lines/actions are triggered by attacking, like red ones, but depending on the circumstances, these can either be good or bad.
    ORANGE lines/actions are pretty much random and don't really fit into any other category.

Other rules in effect to expedite the match:

1. In case it's not obvious by some more 'extreme' actions, there's no Damage Cap in this battle.
    2. Like I said earlier, because each verse of Major-General Stanley's song contains 4 lines, each round will contain 4 actions rather than the traditional 3. Interrupting the Major-General's song by breaking up the verses is a big no-no.
    3. If a Pokemon faints before a round where the Major-General sings ends, the round 'pauses' so the song is not interrupted; upon releasing a new Pokemon, the remaining actions for that round are reposted and the round 'unpauses' and resumes where it left off.
    4. If both sides still have Pokemon at the end of the song, the battle immediately ends; whoever has the most Pokemon left is declared the winner.

Please ask if you have any other questions, which I'm sure I've forgotten.

Good luck, both to my opponent and my ref. You'll both need it... Hell, we ALL will...
    Last edited by Blademaster; 11th March 2009 at 06:39 AM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: This is the Very Model of a Modern ASB Battle (Insane Ref needed!)

TL, DR.

Good luck finding a ref.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

How insane does the ref had to be??, Will Crazy be enough?

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Veteran Trainer

Lawl Ozzy got pwned after only 5 minutes. That's a new record, dude.

OK, Elf, I'll put my faith in you.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Elf reffing it, then its time for us to finally battle Blade n_n

36 lines huh. And a 5 on 5? Very tricky .

Also, ummm there are a few inconsistencies, but I gotta run to work. Does the umbrella hit on action 3 take damage?
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 11th March 2009 at 06:28 AM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Go DL, beat him.

Veteran Trainer

Point out the stuff I missed when you get a chance, Darkly. No rush.

And yeah, the Major-General's 'disciplinary tactic' does a small amount of damage. About as much as a Pound attack.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Blade VS. Darkly: Battle of the Modern Major-General! (Ref: CEB)

*Comes in dressed as the Major General.* Alright, where do you guys want me?
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

Go stand, behind the bunch of pretty girls. Also you need to bring your own umbrella.

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

This is definately going to be a fight to watch o.o
    *sits in the crows nest of the pirate ship with one of those binoculors on a stick that rich ladies use at the opera*

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Veteran Trainer

Alright I'm ready to rock >> Gonna hafta think of a super strategy for this..

Got it!

Ok the Umbrella hurts fine. No Damage Caps is fine.

But umm the actual song does not begin for a few rounds? Hrm that makes thing hilarious. Let's start off with a pretty stable Pokemon, I got my ideas coming up on how to handle this battle later on.

Go...Magicman (M Abra) n_n I'm excited to see what you can do, and you need Exp so yeah...

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Veteran Trainer

Dude, there's four actions a round.....

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

My apologies. I'm still getting used to this perplexing new arena myself...

Ember, use a Confuse Ray, followed by a Mega Punch, and then a Flamethrower. Conclude with a Fire Punch.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Whats Ember? Oh Magby, right.

Teleport after it uses Confuse Ray, so the sucker misses.
    Flash him so that Mega Punch flies wild.
    Toxic after the Flamethrower so he gets the sickness.
    Psychic him so Fire Punch is pwned.

Teleport~Flash~Toxic~Psychic

Entertaining quotes!

~*~*~* Blademaster vs Darkest Light *~*~*~
    ~*~*~* Ref: CEB *~*~*~

~*~*~* Location *~*~*~

A beach at the base of a rocky cliff. The surf further down is relatively calm, with an old-fashioned pirate ship docked nearby, and several grassy plants are scattered about amidst the sand and rocks.

Scattered around the beach is a small group of maidens in white dresses, gloves, and shoes, as well as old-fashioned hats. Opposite them are a group of assorted pirates, some scruffy and/or hairy, some not, mostly in dumb-looking, outdated outfits. The two groups appear to be arguing about something, but what that is won't be revealed until a couple of rounds into the battle, at which point the pirates will advance and attempt to seize the maidens. When this exactly starts is up to the ref; it will play out like this:

~*~*~* DQ *~*~*~
    1 week

~*~*~* Banned Moves *~*~*~
    None

~*~*~* Round 1 *~*~*~

~*~*~* Pre Round Stats *~*~*~

Team Blademaster
    OOOOO

Ember (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 100%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 100%

Confuse ray ~ Mega Punch ~ Flamethrower ~ Fire Punch

Team DL
    OOOOO

Magician (M)

Teleport ~ Flash ~ Toxic ~ Psychic

In this quite interesting match with lots of ridiculous rules we are here to watch the fight between the self Proclaimed Blademaster and the obvious Darkest Light. With the rest of the TPM ASB community sitting in the grandstands along with me intent on seeing how this match pans out. Blademaster throws out a pokeball and reveals a small red fiery creature and DL’s pokeball releases a tiny psychic creature, OMG its an Abra will people stop using Abra JUST GET OVER THEM.

Ember the Magby starts off the fight by sending out a bright flashing light but before making contact with Magicman he vanishes from its path and reappears out of the way.

Ember [-7EN]

Magicman [-6EN]

With his first attack missing horribly Ember charges up a punch and runs towards Magicman, but again he is thwarted when Magicman creates a bright flash of light which disorientates Ember of course and falls into the sand.

Ember [-9EN, -1 Acc]

Magicman [-6EN]

With his vision impaired Ember fires a spout of flame which travels across the beach and bathes Magicman in fire. Shaking off the slight burns Magicman throws a heap of toxic goo which seeps into Ember’s skin.

Ember [-8EN, Toxic]

Magicman [-9HP -7EN]

Trying a punching move again Ember runs towards poor little Magicman with his fist glowing a bright red. But before making full contact with Magicman he is picked up and thrown back by a psychic force.

Ember [-9HP -8EN]

Magicman [-4HP -8EN]

~*~*~* Post Round Stats *~*~*~

Team Blademaster
    OOOOO

Ember (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 89%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 68%

-1 Acc

Team DL
    OOOOO

Magician (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 87%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 73%

~*~*~* Darkest Light TO ATTACK NEXT *~*~*~

Veteran Trainer

lol, I really don't do too well with Psychic CEB, but I need the battle Exp. No worries,I'll get Abra out of here quick...lol

K Magby is gonna try and do some scouting. So let him.

Safeguard first just to make sure
    Shockwave next to stop the incoming
    Double Team to raise the stakes
    Thunder Wave to slow him down.

Entertaining quotes!

Nah its cool its just that 3 of the matches I am reffing have Abras in them.

Veteran Trainer

Scouting? Try Heavying.

Ember, use Faint Attack. It's Super-effective, and it never misses. That'll screw over a nice chunk of his moves...

...So why not do that four times, yes? Faint Attack while he's a sitting duck, then use Faint Attack to avoid the Shock Wave and hit and grab Magicman - since Shock Wave never misses, it'll come back and hit you; hold onto Magicman, and it'll zap him a bit, too. And Faint Attack never missing will make quick work of Double Team, so why not? Lastly, lather, rinse, and repeat like with Shock Wave: Faint Attack to dodge, then hit-and-run the little bastard.

Move: Faint Attack, Shadow Shock (Faint Attack + Shock Wave feedback), Faint Attack, Faint Attack (dodge Thunder Wave)

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

~*~*~* Location *~*~*~

~*~*~* DQ *~*~*~

1 week

None

~*~*~* Round 2 *~*~*~

Team Blademaster
    OOOOO

Ember (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 89%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 68%

Faint Attack x4

-1 Acc

Team DL
    OOOOO

Magician (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 87%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 73%

Safeguard ~ Shockwave ~ Double Team ~ Thunder wave

Beginning the second round of this strange match, Magicman covers himself in a shield of energy stopping status effects. While his opponent was occupied Ember vanished from sight and reappeared behind Magicman hitting him in the face.

Ember [-8EN]

Magicman [-10HP -5EN, Safeguard 5 Rounds]

Not liking being hit by Ember, Magicman fires a bolt of lightning which soars towards Ember but instead of hitting him he disappears again and arrives behind Magicman again smacking him one. But Magicman looked in horror as the lightning turned around and came towards him; he also started struggling as Ember grabbed his body in a lock before both of them getting shocked.

Ember [-8HP -8EN]

Magicman [-18HP -7EN]

Once again not happy Magicman created more copies of himself, so instead of 1 Magicman there are now 5. Though not phased much by this Ember just vanishes again and gives another smack to the face of the real Magicman causing the other clones to disappear.

Ember [-8EN]

Magicman [-10HP -6EN, +4 Clones, -4 Clones]

Getting really angry with Ember, Magicman fires off a concentrated wave of thunder towards him. But like all the attacks before Ember just went from sight and hit Magicman once again.

Ember [-8EN]

Magicman [-10HP -6EN]

Team Blademaster
    OOOOO

Ember (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 77%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 36%

-1 Acc

Team DL
    OOOOO

Magician (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 39%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 49%

~*~*~* Blademaster TO ATTACK NEXT *~*~*~

Come on DL get back in the game.
    Last edited by Crazy Elf Boy; 15th March 2009 at 06:08 AM.

Veteran Trainer

Uh, Elf...? You think your energy costs might be a bit high?

Darkly's Double Team and Thunder Wave combined took 14 points off Magicman. I realize this is a battle you probably wanna end fast, but I don't think costs should be that high for such simple moves. Teleport, Confuse Ray, Flash, Toxic... You're really charging a lot for these moves, man. o_o;

Darkly, you're the Mod. What do you think?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

My energy uses usually go.

5-6: Self pumps of +1 and reflecting moves (eg Safe Guard and Reflect etc)
    6-7: Low power attacks (think less then or equal to 40 ap), Evasion tactics (eg Double Team, Teleport) as well as only status inflcitiing moves (eg Toxic, Thunderwave)
    7-8: Medium Powered Attacks (50-70 ap)
    8-9: (High powered Attacks (70-90)
    10: High powered Attacks (90-100)
    10+: Extremely high power attacks (100+) and complete move avoidance (eg Protect, Detect etc)

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Sorry to sound impatient, but *pokes Elf* When are we going to get to the singing?
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

Veteran Trainer

Blade: I'm not too disenchanted. Yeah its working out in your favor and I'm getting railed pretty bad, but I'm not too worried. I do agree that it is high, but that's the only quirk about Elf's style I really note.

Elf: I didn't read this post before the PM you sent me, but umm..I want you to consider this. In this style, yer saying a Yawn (Non damaging stat infliction) is equal to-or cost more than a Dragon Dance (Stat elevation).

In fact, I got an idea. I'll PM you.

Blade, I believe its your turn. We'll have it sorted out by the time I post...maybe.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

As you say, Darkly.

OK, Ember, let's start by evening the odds a bit with a Smokescreen. Then Relax for one round while Magicman's confused, and then Overheat the arena. Finish with a Faint Attack for more guaranteed damage.

Move: Smokescreen, Relax, Overheat, Faint Attack

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

No need to make things darker Blade.

Magic Taunt Magby. So now it can't relax, allowing you to Rain Dance.

Now it's gonna go Supernova. Let it. We're just gonna Thunderpunch it in the gut.

Then its gonna try that Faint Attack business again. Psychic it away. No need for defensive right now.

Taunt~Rain Dance~Thunderpunch~Psychic

Entertaining quotes!

~*~*~* Location *~*~*~

~*~*~* DQ *~*~*~
    1 week

None

~*~*~* Round 3 *~*~*~

Team Blademaster
    OOOOO

Ember (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 77%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 36%

Smoke screen ~ Relax ~ Heatwave ~ Faint Attack

-1 Acc

Team DL
    OOOOO

Magician (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 39%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 49%

Taunt ~ Rain Dance ~ Thunderpunch ~ Psychic

With the start of the first action the Maidens begin to sing about the pirate leader being a monster. With this commotion going on Ember breathes a smoke screen across the field obstructing Magicman’s view. Magicman just laughs as he runs around taunting Magby like there is no tomorrow.

Ember [-6EN, Taunted]

Magicman [-5EN, -1 Acc]

The pirates start signing now asking about the maiden’s father. Ember tries to sit down and relax but he is so pissed off at Magicman he cant seem to do it. With this brief respite Magicman looks to the heavens and chuckles as a rain storm pours down.

Magicman [-6EN]

With rain pouring down Ember lets open a giant heatwave of fire towards Magicman but sighs at the unfortunate circumstances that he used a fire attack in the middle of a rain storm seriously diminishing it powers. Magicman man just laughs as he runs towards Ember fist cackling with electricity before slamming it in Ember. While this was going on The Major General appears from the gaggle of girls and strikes both combatants for fighting during his introduction.

Ember [-14HP -11EN, -2 Sp.Atk]

Magicman [-16HP -8EN]

With his attack failing Ember disappears and appears behind Magicman knocking him back. Magicman retaliates by using his powers to pick Ember up and throw him across the field. With that done the Major general starts to sing his song.

Ember [-9HP -8EN]

Magicman [-10HP -8EN]

The Major General song has started.

Team Blademaster
    OOOOO

Ember (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 46%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 12%

-1 Acc
    +2 Sp.Atk
    Taunted 2 more Rounds

Team DL
    OOOOO

Magician (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 13%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 22%

-1 Acc

Rain Dance 4 more Rounds

Last edited by Crazy Elf Boy; 19th March 2009 at 04:11 AM.

Veteran Trainer

Sorry to cut in; how long does the Taunt last from this point?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Soz about that, Ember is taunted for 2 more Rounds.

Veteran Trainer

Ok Magic. I didn't want you to survive through the song. Toxic'll take care of him.

So, in this order..Disable(Faint Attack)~Reflect(Listen at the General whilst doing this)~Light Screen~Psychic

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

OK, Ember, it's time to see what this place - and our Ref - can really do!

Start the round with Fire Spin, and then use Facade since it's a Normal attack. Heh heh heh heh... If you have any energy left after that, use Thunderpunch twice.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Jumping the gun there buddy. Song just started ¬¬ *whistles away*

Entertaining quotes!

~*~*~* Location *~*~*~

~*~*~* DQ *~*~*~

1 week

None

~*~*~* Round 4 *~*~*~

Team Blademaster
    OOOOO

Ember (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 46%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 12%

Fire Spin ~ Facade ~ Thunder Punch x2

-1 Acc
    +2 Sp.Atk
    Taunted 2 more Rounds

Team DL
    OOOOO

Magician (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 13%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 22%

Disable ~ Reflect ~ Light Screen ~ Psychic

-1 Acc

The general starts singing his song “I am the very model of a modern Major-General,” With that Magicman digs deep down inside and brings forth a flash of light which erases Ember’s knowledge of the Faint attack. Thinking he forgot something Ember just opens his mouth and releases a tornado of flame which encircles Magicman.

Ember [-6EN, Faint Attack disabled 3 more rounds]

Magicman [-6HP -5EN, Fire spin 3 more rounds]

I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral, continues the general. With that Magicman creates a barrier in front of him. Seeing this Ember rushes towards Magicman with his hands outstretched imbued with the power of bugs. Then he punches into the barrier and forces his hand through to hit Magicman finally knocking him out. After Magicman was knocked out the whole arena froze as the ref waited for DL to release his next pokemon.

Ember [-2HP (From EN conversion) -6EN]

Magicman [-10HP -6EN]

Team Blademaster
    OOOOO

Ember (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 44%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 0%

-1 Acc
    +2 Sp.Atk
    Taunted 1.5 more Rounds
    Faint attack disabled 2.5 more Rounds

Team DL
    XOOOO

Magician (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 0%

Rain Dance 3.5 more Rounds

At 0EN Pokemon will use 1HP for 1 EN

~*~*~* Darkest Light TO SEND OUT *~*~*~
    ~*~*~* Blademaster TO ATTACK NEXT *~*~*~

Veteran Trainer

>> Seeing as how I cannot read and missed three important rules-I'm sending out...

Crap. I'm trying for experience here...but all the Pokemon I have can't really deal with the outcomes of this SONG >_O!

..Well WAIT! DUH! Gizzard (M) GO! (Makuhita.)

....Just remembered something.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

OK, Ember, use Ember so as to not waste too much power, and then use Facade again. From there, use Smog, and then wait for Gizzard to attack and counter with another Ember to blow the Smog up.

Move: Ember, Facade, Smog, Ember (@ Smog)

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

If I read this correctly......we should be starting ...there...so...

Whirlwind to blow away that Ember, then get hit with the Facade and the Napoleon attack thingie so you can use Refresh. Then o.o! Sand Attack him! Ha! End with Earthquake, I'll deal with my energy being super low.

Entertaining quotes!

Ok I think I get what happens here

~*~*~* Location *~*~*~

~*~*~* DQ *~*~*~

1 week

None

~*~*~* Round 4.5 *~*~*~

Team Blademaster
    OOOOO

Ember (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 44%

Ember ~ Facade ~ Smog ~ Ember

-1 Acc
    +2 Sp.Atk
    Taunted 1.5 more Rounds
    Faint attack disabled 2.5 more Rounds

Team DL
    XOOOO

Gizzard (M)

Whirlwind ~ Refresh ~ Sand Attack ~ Earthquake

With new blood on the field the song resumes and Ember takes no time in firing a small flame towards Gizzard the Makuhita. But much to the dismay of Ember his fire was blown away by a giant wind. With both pokemon fighting, an image of Henry the VIII appears and looks at both combatants. Declaring both of them worthy he disappears in a flash of smoke.

Ember [-7HP (from EN conversion)]

Gizzard [-7EN]

With his last attack failing miserably Ember makes a full head on charge towards Gizzard smacking his how body into the yellow sack of doom. With that a group of soldiers appear around Ember, draw their swords and bury them into the poor Magby. Laughing profusely at Ember, Gizzard seems to remain unaffected by the attack. But much to his dismay a replica of Napoleon appears next to him and coughs purple goo on him which soaks into his skin. With that both the soldiers and Napoleon disappear and Gizzard’s body is covered in white goo which nullifies the purple one, with that Ember’s body glows a purple colour.

Ember [-34HP (8 from EN conversion)]

Gizzard [-6EN, Toxic, Refreshed]

Team Blademaster
    OOOOO

Ember (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 3%

-1 Acc
    +2 Sp.Atk
    Taunted 1 more Rounds
    Faint attack disabled 2 more Rounds

Team DL
    XOOOO

Gizzard (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 87%

Rain Dance 3 more Rounds

Veteran Trainer

..Hold up.

This hasta work. Gizzard, Refresh him . Yeah take that you little ...THING you. (If I misunderstood that, I'll cry)

If he lives, Earthquake all day. I'll cope with the lessened energy.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

We're not done yet!

Since HP/EN is reversed this round, use Focus Punch for a big boost! Then, since I have no clue WTF happens in round two, Flamethrower and hope for the best. Follow up with a binomial-ized Fire Punch. Then use Lava Plume during the last action (if you're still standing) while Fatty's getting a Tri Attack up the wazoo.

Move: Focus Punch, Flamethrower, Fire Punch, Lava Plume
    Last edited by Blademaster; 24th March 2009 at 12:48 AM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

~*~*~* Location *~*~*~

~*~*~* DQ *~*~*~
    1 week

None

~*~*~* Round 5 *~*~*~

Team Blademaster
    OOOOO

Ember (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 3%

Focus Punch ~ Flamethrower ~ Fire Punch ~ Lava Plume

-1 Acc
    +2 Sp.Atk
    Taunted 1 more Rounds
    Faint attack disabled 2 more Rounds

Team DL
    XOOOO

Gizzard (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 87%

Refresh ~ Earthquake x3

I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical,
    With the battle in disarray Gizzard tries out his method of attack by going over to his opponent and instead of attacking he pours his energy into his enemy refreshing Ember relieving him off his toxic burden. Feeling better Ember crouches down arms outstretched before violently launching himself into Gizzard. But thanks to the wacky rules of the General’s song all combatants gain energy instead of loosing it.

Ember [+10EN, Refreshed]

Gizzard [+13HP +6EN]

I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
    With new energy running through his veins Ember opens his mouth and fires a column of flame but before connecting with Gizzard a tiny black hole sucks it hope and a set of numbers in pushed into it and then the flame reappears out the other side before hitting Gizzard. With this weird flame bathing his body Gizzard jumps into the air and lands back on the ground sending out a shock wave. But just like the flame before it reaches its target the earthquake is sucked into a black hole with numbers being forced in before coming out the other side as a beam of energy knocking down Ember for good. With that the whole song stops again.

Ember [-1HP -1EN]

Gizzard [-10HP -8EN]

About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news,
    Happy with the events that transpired last turn Ember runs towards Gizzard with his arms outstretched covered in the power of flame. But like before the energy from the punch was sucked in a vortex and expanded by more number, before coming out the other way more powerful then when it first went in. But with that enormous amount of strain on his body Ember collapses to the ground fainting.

Ember [-37HP (37 from EN conversion)]

Gizzard [-37HP]

Team Blademaster
    XOOOO

Ember (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 0%

Team DL
    XOOOO

Gizzard (M)
    [))))))))))))))))))))] HP 53%
    [))))))))))))))))))))] EN 85%

Rain Dance 3 more Rounds

~*~*~* Blademaster TO SEND OUT AND ATTACK NEXT (1 Action) *~*~*~

Veteran Trainer

Wait, since I healed Ember (of status)..shouldn't that have killed him? Or is it only actual HP/resting..cause it said Etc...so I thought that counted for status ailments as well... That line..not so clear.

and umm why did the quadratic equation only take off one on Ember? Kinda confused on that . Sorry I'm nitpicking like every round, but there are a few things I'm not grasping due to this song.

Entertaining quotes!