Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloomshine Contest!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Bloomshine Contest!

Wa-ha-hey there!! DL here with yet another Contest role for everyone to get their Coordination skills worked for.

This one is open to everyone as well. So here are the parameters.

Everyone picks 2 Pokemon from the start. No one is eliminated until after the 4th round.

Arena: Endless Falls.

A sheer drop of 100 feet is what you first notice as you look at the majesty of the falls in front of you. They spill into an enormous lake, but there are no rocks in the basin, just crystal clear water. A rock juts out from near the base of the falls, wide enough for me to stand on. There is a floating platform that is held down by anchors-more than strong enough to hold up the heaviest of Pokemon in this lake.

The audience sits to the sides-close enough so splashing waves can hit them (They've been warned)

Reservations: None.

Rounds: 5

1) Standard Appeal 1 (First Poke)
    2) Standard Appeal 2 (Second Poke)
    3) Dual Appeal
    4) Super Appeal
    5) Dance off!

To explain.
    A Dual Appeal is when you have both your Pokemon out doing an Appeal together. Each Pokemon gets 2 moves instead of three, giving you 4 moves total. The Audience will decide which of your Two Pokemon have done better and that is the one that will head off to then final two rounds.

The Dance Off will be between our top two. One person will start off with a move. The opponent must then add to that move with a move of its own. This interchange of flashiness goes on for 3 moves per Pokemon. To give you an example...

2.1 VS DL

2.1 Ok B33p. Use a Signal Beam to start!
    DL: Ok..jump in front of its path David Blaine, and use Light Screen to diffuse it .
    2.1: Ok, B33P, fire a Tri Attack at that Light Screen
    DL: Fine, use a Psychic to slow each orb of the Tri Attack down-bullet time
    2.1: Right, then make each orb explode with Shadowballs
    DL: Crap, then use Brick Break on the Screen to make it seem like the explosions are breaking glass!

Then it will be reffed and whomever used their choice of moves more creatively (and how it pans out) wins!

Alright! Sign ups are a go.

Oh yeah. First 10 are in. When you post, post your first appeal as well..
    Anything else I forgot? Dun think so. Ok!

1. Rossymore: Miniryu F Dratini/Magmarashi M Quilava
    2. Chris 2.1: Tux M Empoleon/Salo F Dragonite
    3. Mew Master: Otohime F Milotic/Ryuujin M Dragonair
    4. Green Lanturn: Dynamo M Sableye/LaBelle F Buneary
    5. Ultimate Charizard: Staryu/Scizor M
    6. Crazy Elf Boy: Kimberlly F Aerodactyl/Ruddkip M Mudkip
    7. Houndoom Lover: Mephistopheles M Houndoom/Victor Price M Goldeen
    8. Dragonis: Drucilla F Garchomp/Ecks F Metagross
    9. MeloveGhosts: Athene F Slowbro/Nisashi M Scizor
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 31st March 2009 at 06:20 AM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Bloomshine Contest!

First in! Do we do both Pokemon?
    Anyway, I'll start with Magmarashi my male Quilava and Miniryu my female Dratini.

Hmm...I'll use Miniryu for the first round. Go under the water and use Safeguard. Look beautiful! Then, rise up from the water using Aqua Tail. Finish with Sunny Day, reflect the rays off your Safeguard!

Safeguard (Underwater) ~ Aqua Tail ~ Sunny Day

Is that everything?

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Question, what happens if your pokémon evolves from a battle before the contest is over? I'd assume that it stays in its initial form for the current round. Do you get to use its evolved form in future rounds or is it frozen in the form that you entered for the entire contest?
    ~ Lune ~

Veteran Trainer

It will be the unevolved form while the Contest is going on.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Really you shouldn't evolve it if it's participating in battles or contests. Do we declare both our Pokemon now Darkly?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Veteran Trainer

Yea.I put the line in Bold near the top. Claim them from the start.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Rawr!
    My first contest. I hope I win.
    What does the ribbon look like? Or will you reveal it at the end?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I didn't know if you intended to be PMed them or whatever. Thanks.

Ok I will be using Tux, my [M] Empoleon. I'm releasing him in the water.

Start off by using waterfall to scale the waterfall. Burst out of it with an aqua jet, and launch a signal beam down into the crystal water as you soar back down.

I will also be using my [F] Dragonite, Salo.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hmm. Water Pokemon aren't my forete, but I'll give it a shot with Otohime and Ryuujin!

(♀) and (♂)

Otohime, start it off with a Mist to fade the field a bit. Then use Waterfall to dash up the waterfall as high as you can go before jumping out Diving down with a silent landing.

Mist~Waterfall (Up the falls)~Dive (to land silently in the water)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Well if I can reserve a position then I will thanks, got to go to class now and do some other stuff so i will post appeal soon.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Darky
    Reservations: None.
    XD

Yes, I am green! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

OK! Time for another contest! Rosy, if you want you want to see what a ribbon looks like, go into the Springthaw contest and I believe the last post by Darky has the Springthaw Ribbon still posted.

I will declare my two pokemon now as:

1. Dynamo the Sableye (m)

and

2. Labelle the Buneary (f shiny)

So the first appeal goes to Dynamo! Start things off with a Nightshade to darken up the waterfall. Then, set the mood with a Moonlight! And end with Power Gem to send sparkles everywhere!.

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

Ill choose Staryu and Scizor (m) for this, starting with Staryu.

Right. Start off by getting under the Waterfull and using Rapid Spin to create a Water Wheel effect before upgrading to a Twister to project the water up and out from the base, hopefully arching over the arena before using Power Gem to light your core and infuse the flow with light.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Fine might as well post my attacks now. Ok my two pokemon will be my Shiny Aerodactyl Kimberlly and my Green and Gold Mudkip, Ruddkip.

Ok Kimberlly start off with a Fireblast on the water fall to create some steam then use whirlwind to whip the steam into a tornado and break it while striking a pose using Hidden Power.

Fire Blast ~ Whirlwind ~ Hidden Power

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Ooooo~ I pick Mephistopheles, Houndoom (male)!

First off use Double Team, and have each of your clones stand on the edge of the platform, tails pointing inward, with you in the middle. Now, have the clones Faint attack outward just barely touching the water and you Faint Attack upward. And then all you twist into a Fire Spin!

Double Team~Faint Attack~Fire Spin

My next pokemon will be Victor Price, the Goldeen ^_^
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Elite Trainer

Yes! Three more and we'll be able to start!!!
    I have the patience of a chipmunk on coffee.

Quite shadow Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll sign up too! I'll begin by releasing Drucilla (my shiny female Garchomp) into the water.

Dru, start off by swiming in a large circle, with just your fin visable, as you leave clones behind you with Double Team. I want it to look like theres five sharks circling in the water. Then swim to the middle of the circle as you comand the Surf to send up a geyser. Ride the geyser up as you preform a Swords Dance to captavate the audience.

I'll also be using Ecks, my shiny Metagross.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll choose my female Slowbro, Athene and Nisashi, my male Scizor.

Athene, you're up first.

Shoot a Shadowball down the waterfall, and intercept it with a swift Icebeam to freeze it. Then shoot it down with a Zap Cannon, making it explode into tiny omnious ice-particles.

Veteran Trainer

>_0 Since when did you get a Garchomp, wtf?

Entertaining quotes!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I'll be sending out my male Shroomish, Chaos, and my female Feebas, Calypso.

Chaos, you're up first. Shoot an Energy Ball across the top of the water 90 degrees away from the audience to simulate crashing waves. Then use a low-grade Flash for lightning and finally perform a Sunny Day for the sun coming out.

Energy Ball -- Flash -- Sunny Day

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I can spectate? And make pithy comments?

Veteran Trainer

Bloomshine Contest

Alright everyone. We're here for the second Contest this year! Fantastic!! I guess...this place is kinda chilly. Anyway, let's get started.

#1: Rossymore and Miniryu (M)
    Safeguard~Aqua Tail~Sunny Day

The small dragon come out for its first performance to a silent crowd. As the dragon slithers over to the edge, it dips its tail in the water. ooh Chilly. But that doesn't stop him from diving into the water. The crowd looks in awe as the Dratini starts to shimmer, before a black ominous shape creeps under it. Fangs are seen for an instant, before a slew of bubbles speed to the top of the lake, blotting out the view. Everyone is up in arms...but they clap! Yeah..uh..ok?

#2: Chris 2.1 and Tux (M) Empoleon
    Waterfall~Aqua Jet~Signal Beam

The audience, still kinda riled after seeing that performance, eagerly await the second competitor. Tux comes out, and Chris is wary about that last incident. I nod, assuring him everything is fine. Tux is released into the water, and the Penguin speeds toward the waterfall. It shoots up with amazing grace-creating a split in the gravity driven water. It suddenly stops, and out of the corner of my eye, I swear I see mimish hands sucking Tux into the waterfall! The hell is going on here! People clap though!

#3: Mew Master and Otohime (F)
    Mist~Waterfall~Dive

The crowd now climbs up on their feet, clapping louder. I kinda edge away from them and head over to the island. Mew waves to the crowd and releases his Milotic. Shit. It's already covering the whole field in a Mist. Ooh and aah's come from the crowd, befoe Otohime rockets forth and mimics Tux. She s a lot longer so it looks like a thin slit of space seperating the wate as she goes up. As the Mist unveils her ascension, a black form quickly jumps up and grabs Oto's head, before pulling back. The pair of them fall into ..a net? and Oh SNAP! They're gone within the Mist!

Stop teh ...WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL CLAPPING >_O! Chaos GO!

#4: Green Lanturn and Dynamo (M)
    Night Shade~Moonlight~Power Gem

I look over and Mew is disturbed. He dives in the water! NO why the hell would you.. Gren no don't rele--Shit why'd he release that creepy ass ghost?!? And why is it NO DON'T DARKEN THE ARENA!...AWW CRAP.....

#5: Ultimate Charizard and Starmie
    Rapid Spin~Twister~Power Gem

Ok! So Gav decides to use his Staryu. Mmm wouldn't it look fantastic covered in chocolate? Anyway, the cyuute echidnoderm slithers across the water, but I JUST have to have it! With DL tied up over here, there's no one to stop me from gathering every contest Pokemon here and adding them to my own! Oh look It's spinning. Like my eyes!

@_@. Go OzMimes! Kidnap that Staryu!

*Staryu dissapears in the waterfall, but all you see are giant mime hands sucking it in.

#6: Crazy Elf Boy and Kimberlly (F)
    Fire Blast~Whirlwind~Hidden Power

Oh no. It's Elf. Crap, he figured out DL's not hosting! When did you get so smart SIDEWAYS LAND MAN! Oh but he sends his Aewodactyl over! BEX! COVER IT IN SPRINKLES AND A DOODAD OF WHIP CREAM!

*A strange form unknown to this land floats over and Kimberlly shoots a FireBlast to set Asi on fire, but all it does it semeigly heat up this doughlike mass, that envelops it...and turns it into an Aeropancake...*

WHEE! THIS IS SO EASY! You were right Diggly Liggly! *pinches cheek* Next!!

#7: Houndoom lover and Meph--that's names too long for me !

Aww, the Mist went away. And the Fire goggy has shown up! There is no hope for it Oh look. It's split into five. Well that's ok. I'm sure I can grab it.

Whoop nope, that's not teh right one...
    Err no, that ones fake as well. Hey wait...wait what are you doing....you can't eat me! CT HELP ME!!

*A chocolate mass dives onto the mat to push Asilynne in the water, but a terrible fate awaits her. Flames envelop her and she is trapped in their vortex. Her skin starts to melt, revealing a nougaty center!*

I'M MELLLLTING! MELLLLTING!!! NOOOOOOOOO!! I'LL GET YOU YET MY PRETTY!!!..Stop slurping me up Asi. Right now. No seriously, yer gonna make me shorter than I already AM ;_;

#8: Dragonis and Drucilla (F)
    Double Team~Surf~Swords Dance

Well, we're back! I gotta swim to.. AAAH SHARK! SHARK OMG I CAN'T DIE LIKE THIS! I NEED HELP! BEN! HELP ME!

.....Mystic...

..where are you.....? DAMN YOU :uddenly is dragged to the depths by a fearsome set of teeth and fangs and vanilla streaks covering the water....

*9: MeloveGhosts and Athene (F)
    Shadowball~Ice Beam~Zap Cannon

*SHATTER*

THANK GOD! THANK YOU MLG...Though did you have to hit me with a Shadowball?!? God thats gonna leave a mark. Alright No this contest is on hold-screw the clapping crow-BLADE! PUT DOWN THE APPLAUSE CARDS! No FRICKIN' WONDER they were clappin! Evil...wha?

Athene's facing the crowd...and she hits them with an Ice Beam? What the hell? Oh she froze the water in front of them for some reason....lets investigate. Oh, there's something moving in this....brick of ice.

Huh? So that's how you make Crystal Tears! Gotta freeze the chocolate as it seperates from the water! Good going Athene. And well, I gues your last attack is a Zap Cannon, so yeah. Go ahead.

NO NOT AT MEEEEEEEEEEE*BZZZT*

#10: Roses are Red and Chaos (M)
    Energy Ball~Flash~Sunny Day

*smoldering* Ugh.

Roses...ok she releases a Shroomish. Im staying on the ground here....wait, what's coming out tehwaterfall? A Stantler..walking on water? The hell. Oh wait, no. Its on a Corsola. And O Lord. Here comss Andrew. What more can go wrong today?

Oh he just Punted that Shroomish! Oh ..*pfft* I gotta laugh, caise its flying far too. Roses dun seem to happy about that. In fact, she's pretty pissed, and releases that Feebas of hers.

Whats that Feebas going to OMFG!

ITS ...

ITS..

SPLASH!

O GOD ITS...

::Watches Andrew go flying::

~~Scores~~

..Yeah no one wins. Blade, Hyp and I take the money and split. n_n

End Notes

....April Fools I'll post the new one up tomorrow Have fun for the rest of your night .

Last edited by DarkestLight; 1st April 2009 at 05:28 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

*claps* I like it, very funny, cept you made me a FREAKING VALLEY GIRL WTF MAN!? lol

And I have a cream filling thank you very much, not nougat XDDD Is it too late to join the contest?

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Elite Trainer

Looks like it, all ten slots filled!
    Come back next time!

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Asilynne View Post
    *claps* I like it, very funny, cept you made me a FREAKING VALLEY GIRL WTF MAN!? lol

And I have a cream filling thank you very much, not nougat XDDD Is it too late to join the contest?
    And thus we end the rant of the Drunken Asi..Now back to your regularly scheduled contest. Thank you.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

Elite Trainer

It pleases me that melted things with my awesome...? ^w^ Yesh. It was funny. The second time I read it though- I was so nervous the first time that I read it, I was like "Whaaaaa-?" Read it again, you crazy foo!

^w^ Hehe

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Veteran Trainer

CT had the nougat center, not you >>

REAL CONTEST! n_~

Bloomshine Contest

Alright everyone. We're here for the second Contest this year! Fantastic!! I guess...this place is kinda chilly. Anyway, let's get started.

#1: Rossymore and Miniryu (M)
    Safeguard~Aqua Tail~Sunny Day

The small dragon come out for its first performance to a silent crowd. As the dragon slithers over to the edge, it dips its tail in the water. ooh Chilly. But that doesn't stop him from diving into the water. The crowd looks in awe as the Dratini starts to shimmer and shine in the crystalline clear water. The blue snake shoots forth right after, Tail first. It burst free of the watery depths, and as it rotated in the sky, the Sun came out. Invisible rays shone over the falls, creating a brilliant rainbow off the Safeguard.

It lands on the pad and slithers off to a round of applause.

#2: Chris 2.1 and Tux (M) Empoleon
    Waterfall~Aqua Jet~Signal Beam

The audience, still awed by the rainbow-and the quickly pushed back sun (Thanks Script) now watch as a well dressed penguin toboggans over to the main stage. He stands, and points to the waterfall, before skipping across the water and shooting up it with extraordinary power. The sheer force is then used in a perpendicular force, as he jets free of the falls, twirling as he does so. As he falls, a Signal Beam falls from its twirling trident mask, swirling into a unique purple mass as it refracts through the water. Tux lands back on the platform, to a round of applause.

#3: Mew Master and Otohime (F)
    Mist~Waterfall~Dive

Tux waddles away (penguin waddles always make me laugh) and Otohime, a very long serpent swims in front of the platform. We only see her head, but as she disappears under the water, a few shining points are seen. Suddenly a Mist rolls in over the water, making her almost invisible. It's almost inaudible when she slips under the water. Suddenly, the Waterfall is alive with a visible break as she slides her way up it. Her elongated body can be seen in full as she reaches an appropriate height. She springs free of the powerful water, and arches in the air while rotating slowly.

A perfect Dive into the Misty water, with not as much as a very tiny splash. A nice round of applause, as she swims off

#4: Green Lanturn and Dynamo (M)
    Night Shade~Moonlight~Power Gem

Next runs a smaller competitor, a Sableye. It smiles, showing us its eerily cute smile, and then points to the sky, as if it's pulling at it. All of a sudden, the area goes dark-mimicking Night. People in the stands watch intently, as the Sableyes gemlike eyes are the only things they can really see. Just then, the roar of the waterfall is illuminate buy the powerful beam of Moonlight that pokes through the darkness. As the light illuminates the falls, Sableye shoots off a series of chunky projectiles. When they reach the lighted area, they each begin to radiate with the colors of the rainbow-as if they were moths and the waterfall was the proverbial light. The audience approves and claps.

#5: Ultimate Charizard and Staryu
    Rapid Spin~Twister~Power Gem

As the area returns to natural lighting (again, thanks Script)-A Staryu spins out with exceptional glee. At the start, it flies over to the Waterfall with an excited "Kyyaa!" and places itself in plain view-facing the crowd, but halfway in the Waterfall. Hastily, it begins spinning, and that action causes the waterfall to split around its rotating form, acting as if it was a Rotating wheel. The water soon began to spiral and tendril-and Staryu used it typing to control the tendrils into one immense Twister, that shot straight out and then upward.

As the Twister writhed with life, Staryu focused energy into its core and shot off a few chunky blasts. They spun through the immense typhoon and were spat out the top, glittering slightly in the light that was available. The water funnel then collapsed as the appeal ended, and Staryu floated back over to the sidelines...looking a bit pooped.

#6: Crazy Elf Boy and Kimberlly (F)
    Fire Blast~Whirlwind~Hidden Power

Flying over the falls comes out next competitor, and she wastes no time. Kimberlly flies over the crowd, before looping back over the platform. She looked to the water and conjured up a immense Fireball, which flared out as it slammed into the water. Immense steam erupted in front of the crowd, as they gasped in amazement. As the Steam flew up-with the roar of the waterfall behind it, Kimberlly beat her wings, forming yet another tornado effect. It cycloned up into a fierce Whirlwind that sucked off some folks untethered belongings.

Suddenly, 6 orbs flew from Kimberlly, slicing through the scalding hot steam. These 6 orbs rotated through the Whirlwind as if they were orbiting a nucleus, and when the steam whirlwind was gone, there was Kim, assuming a pose akin to the ...Falconzord? Rockets Away to you too....She gets a generous applause, and flies off.

#7: Houndoom Lover and Mephistopheles (F)

Our 7th competitor takes the stage. Wary of the water, the Houndoom splits into 5, and each takes a spot on a compass direction of the circular pad. All at once, they dash onto the water, almost matching with the darkness. Mephy herself dashed upward, and then, 5 columns of Fire could be seen flaring from the pad itself. Mephy landed to a quieter set of applause..

#8: Dragonis and Drucilla (F)
    Double Team~Surf~Swords Dance

As Mephy leaves, in comes Drucilla-fin only visible in the water, and she looks hungry for a victory. As such, she starts off akin to the last appeal, splitting into a few clones as she swims around the platform-submerging fully for a moment. She rises back up, and 5 fins each equidistant from each other begin circling the platform. Suddenly, a Surf erupts from the rear of the platform, and up goes Drucilla. Atop the crest of the wave the "Land Shark" gracefully diving and slashing the crest as it falls. When it crashes on the platform, she hops to safety ending her dance as the water cascades over her as if it was a defeated foe. A nice round of applause as she runs away.

*9: MeloveGhosts and Athene (F)
    Shadowball~Ice Beam~Zap Cannon

Out waddles our next to final competitor, Athene. She plops down on the platform and waves, earning some waves back. Turning, she points to the waterfall, and then reels her arm back. Her finger is suddenly engulfed by a thick ball of Shadowy origin. A hefty fling, and its sent arching upward. After about 12 seconds, the Shadowball is caught by the Waterfall current and starts falling towards the basin once more.

Aiming perfectly, Athene fires off a beam of icy power that freezes the water and incidentally the Shadowball caught in it. The waterfall though, continues to pump and the entire ice slab begins to fall. Athene acts fast and charges up a larger than planned Zap Cannon, firing it at the Ice slab. But the Zap Cannon goes haywire! It zigs left and zags right but at the last second, ti zips the right way and slams into the ice shelf, smashing it. The Shadowball also ruptures-adding to the enormous icy explosion. People clap as they get back in their seats.

#10: Roses are Red and Chaos (M)
    Energy Ball~Flash~Sunny Day

Athene leaves and as the water calms, out skips Chaos, a Shroomish. He spins a lil, back and forth, before summoning an Energy Ball. He faces parallel to the crowd, and shoots that Energy ball across the water...toward the reffing Booth! As the Ball comes toward me, the audience sees an effect of rolling waves. It is suddenly hidden away by a flash of light that makes it seem like the Energy ball was struck by lightning and suddenly disappeared under the waves. The light fades, but it seems the Sun has come to join us at the end of a fantastic Contest Set. The waterfall seems to shine a bit more in this Sun, and everyone applauds our competitors.

~~Scores~~

#1) Rossymore and Miniryu
    Score: 9.0/10

For starting off, that was not bad at all. It really showed a simplicity that most people enjoy while watching a waterfall. Great use of technique and environment.

#2) Chris 2.1 and Tux
    Score: 8.7/10

Water Types seem to have an advantage here. It was a solid appeal, with a flair for the amazing. The Signal Beam though kinda made things odd, it seemed forced and didn't really fit in with the whole grace of what I though was moreso a physical appeal. Still, very strong altogether.

#3) Mew Master and Otohime
    Score: 8.6/10

The bad thing was that your Pokemon hid its beauty by that Mist. While you used the waterfall and showed the grace of Water Pokemon exiting and entering their native environment, I felt the Mist kinda dimmed that by making them elusive. But a Waterfall already has a mystic appeal to it, so the appeal kinda expanded on that.

#4) Green Lanturn and Dynamo
    Score: 9.2/10

A unique appeal, deciding to darken things rather than brighten them. Was nice to see Power Gem in that manner, and using it over a dimmed waterfall was spooky, but powerful as well. We always think of things as nice, but seeing them at night adds a different appeal. Very well done there.

#5) Ultimate Charizard and Staryu
    Score: 7.7/10

The beginning was awesome. Mimicking a water wheel was sweet. But things got weird after that. The idea was nice, but it looked as if Staryu was strained to hold that whirlpool together and shoot off Power Gems within it. Also, the desired effect of a colored whirlpool didn't work so well since it was hard to see the gems while they were in the funnel. So it looked more like a stone juggling act-with too few stones.

#6) Crazy Elf Boy and Kimberlly
    Score: 7.7/10

Well this was kinda crazed as well. Flying beast shooting fire from a waterfall-reminds one of the dragons of England. But the steam was kinda dangerous, as that's scalding out and it was kinda whipped around before it formed the Whirlwind. However, I think all the younger watchers got a kick out of FalconZactyl there. Unique but could have been a bit more.

#7) Houndoom Lover and Mephy
    Score: 7.2/10

Well this appeal was strange, because it was so...short! The Double Team accent was nice to start, and the Faint Attack across the water was short lived, as they all turned into Fire Sprites. It had a nice image, fires around a waterfall, but it was brief.

#8) Dragonis and Drucilla
    Score: 7.9/10

This was a good appeal. The Double Team accent-though recycled, was done differently here. A Pokemon that mimics a water predator, very nice to see. The Surf was nice, and the image of a dangerous beast being released from a waterfall still resonates here. All in all, pretty solid.

#9) Meloveghosts and Athene
    Score: 7.8/10

Again. Beginning was executed well. But actual implementation got out of hand. Way to go MLG! That was absolutely terrifying. Freezing a section of the waterfall, and almost crating a tidal wave? Zap Cannon-a very risky maneuver, used for a mid range blast? The end was brilliant, it looked very close from here, so i can only imagine what Athene may have thought. It was more than an ominous explosion, it was a lifesaver.

#10) Roses are Red and Chaos
    Score: 8.1/10

For a final appeal, it helped calm the crowd. I feel this is the hardest appeal since you always hafta follow up form everyone else.. A separate set of effects that combined quite well is what you managed. I did especially like the low Flash, as as to not destroy the audiences retinas. Good job.

End Notes

No one is eliminated-remember this. So if you have a low score, don't fret. You can always make a come back.

You may all post your second Appeals now. Remember to use the second Pokemon you chose for this Contest .

Last edited by DarkestLight; 2nd April 2009 at 07:03 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I'm just so offended on so many levels DL

You should've warned everyone you were going to use them!

I'm going to suicide now!

BTW it was great.

Master Trainer

I like lapdances.

Veteran Trainer

Ok ya can go ahead.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

That was brilliant Miniryu! I love you!
    Now Magmarashi! Spotlight! *shot*

Start off with a Heat Wave to evapourate the water, try to create some steam. Then, use a Smokescreen. Finish off with a nice Eruption and clear the smoke.

Not as easy with a fire type!

Ill jump in, and were going to make use of that Waterfall once more.

Lets show some of that Samurai mysteriousness (sp) you have.

Go sit under the waterfall and stay seated through the entire appeal, as if meditating. Use Iron Defence to turn yourself fully metallic then use a gentle Bug buzz to vibrate and get the water running down your armour to dance and jump from you. Finally bring in a Sunny Day so the deflected spray really catches the light.

Iron Defence - Bug Buzz - Sunny Day

*I changed my mind on one of the moves, its not something ive picked up from someone else just a rethink ive had. If its not ok to edit ill go back to using Captivate.*
    Last edited by Ultimate Charizard; 5th April 2009 at 04:19 PM.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Master Trainer

Okay Ryuujin, let's show them the power of the Dragon King!

Start off under the waves with a Rain Dance. Then as the water starts hitting, summon a Thunder from above to strike the water and blast it. Then freeze it in place with an Ice Beam in the after-glow, and make sure that you're in the epicenter of the blast as the glow fades. Remember not to blind yourself with the Thunder, and make it look like you came from the heavens.

Rain Dance~Thunder~Ice Beam
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Yes, I am green! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Excellent job Dynamo, we're in the lead!

OK Labelle, let's step it up a notch and show them that you don't have to be a water pokemon to have the advantage here! First, I'd like you to start off by creating two clones of yourself by using Double Team. Then, leave the two clones on the platform side by side while you Bounce back and forth up the side of the waterfall till you reach the very top, and then I want you to jump down it, creating a slidefor yourself using Ice Beam and end it by making a slight ramp so that you go into the air a bit and land in a nice pyramid formation on being caught by your two clones . You can do this!

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ok Salo let's go.

Use dive under the water to send a big splash across the lake. Then use twister beneath the waves to stir up a swirling vortex of water. Finally, rise out of the water and use aqua tail to spin and burst from the sloshing waves.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Elite Trainer

Oh- the lowest scrore...? Oh well, don't let that bother you (And Mephistiophelese is a he ^w^)It went just the way I wanted it to anyway ^_^

Okay, Victor! Get your little fish butt in the water and shoot up Hydro Pump in the air, now freeze it quickly with Ice beam- Get ready, because its gunna fall fast. As the shadow gets bigger over you, power up that horn of yours with Horn Drill- and then leap up and destroy the ice chunk into a millions of icy shard.

...while you sleep.

Quite shadow Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ok, Ecks start off with Sunny Day. Then give yourself a nice bright sheen with Rock Polish. After that skip across the water using Gyro Ball as the sun reflects off of your newly polished finish and the water you kick up.

Veteran Trainer

Roses, MLG and Elf are the only ones that haven't Posted. Reminder for myself really...

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Ok, Nisashi, we're up.

Start at the bottom of the waterfall, rush up in a red-flash with Agility, then as you reach the highest part of the waterfall, turn around and let yourself fall down. Use Double Team to create copies of yourself mid-way and finish with Giga Impact in the water.

Ok Ruddkip start of by using Surf to whip up a tidal wave of water, then surf along it while using refresh to make yourself sparkle in the sun then just before it reaches the crowd freeze it all with a massive Blizzard.

Surf ~ Refresh ~ Blizzard