Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBQ Pulpit!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default BBQ Pulpit!

What wha OMGWTFBBQ!

Yes, June contest time ! Summers almost here and BBQ's are the name of the game here. We're out in the breezy nice days, letting summertime say through.

This'll be a small contest. 3 rounds. Mainly cause people are grilling everywhere and we dun really wanna mess them up. But they wanna see a show. So NO. RAIN.

And since people are scattered, might help if there were NO. EXPLOSIONS So don't go all super happy boom boom here.

Last lil rule will make it fun, only baby/basic types Lil kids gotta have fun too

1) Standard
    2) Super
    3) Hyper

Elimination 8 > 4 > 2-Win!

Alright. Reservations til June 4th. 1 Pokemon only. However..

There's only 8 slots. Annnd *Cut Ribbon* Go.

1.Elfy - Attacks up
    2 MC - Attacks up
    3 Rossy - Attacks up
    4 Asi - Attacks up
    5 MLG - Attacks up
    6 Mewy-Attacks up
    7 Houndy -Attacks up
    8 Chaos - Attacks up
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 3rd June 2009 at 05:02 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Default Re: BBQ Pulpit!

Reservation made

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'd like to bring in my Mime Jr. The Fool.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Only Baby/Basic? Hmm...go Sohnano my female Wynaut!

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

*flies in* IM RESERVING!! ;D

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll be using Ise Nanao, my female shiny Meditite.

Create a Shadowball between your hands and throw it up high, then use Mind Reader to concentrate, give yourself some crazy-boeddha-style and predict its downfall. When you predicted the downfall, open your eyes and release a Focusblast.

Shadowball ~ Mind Reader ~ Focusblast

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Wha- Reserve me a spot, please! (And when do I get my ribbion from the last one? Not to be a nag or anything, I just want to update my siggy ^w^)
    Last edited by Houndoom_Lover; 1st June 2009 at 08:53 PM.
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll reserve a spot.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by Houndoom_Lover View Post
    Wha- Reserve me a spot, please! (And when do I get my ribbion from the last one? Not to be a nag or anything, I just want to update my siggy ^w^)
    Gimme a few hours, woman. I'm working as... er...

*nonchalantly pushes DS out of view and turns the E3 coverage off*

...as fast as I can!

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Veteran Trainer

One more spot.

If that spot is taken before 6/4, the the contest begins.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Reservation! Conservation! Delegation! Contemplations! Expiration! Annihilation!

Attacks Edited at Lunch.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

Elite Trainer

Oh right! Attacks...didn't forget that...

Since you're a baby Sohnanu, begin with a good old Splash and have fun whilst you're doing that. Then use Charm to rope those sucker- I mean lovely audience in. Finish with a dazzling Mirror Coat to make yourself shine!
    Plus, you're a baby. Look cute and happy and they'll fall for it the nitwi- I mean, fantastic people. ^_^;

Splash ~ Charm ~ Mirror Coat

Elite Trainer

Oh, Blady, you're a roit. *giggles*

Yo, bitches! I was thinking- Men BBQ- and what do men like...Naked women. But I don't have a Jynx, and Strip isn't a pokemon move. And I havn't evolve Mopsey yet. It's on my to do list. So, what else do BBQ-ers like...Exploxions. Crap.

Okay! I'll use my Ruff-Ruff, Growlithe!

OOoh, Ruff-Ruff, you have no one to play with, look lonely for a second. Flop down, and roll over. You get an idea! Wag your tail and start!

Okay, use Aerial Ace to shoot yourself in the sky and then use Flame Wheel to make yourself look like a huge Cathrine Wheel- and as you're spinning about, make clones of yourself with double team to make it look like you're create more of you from the flames. Have your clones shake of the flames, and play around like an adorable puppy should. Stop that CAthrine wheel effect after a good amount of pups are made- stop half way, upside down, twist yourself around and land on your paws and join your clones in playing.

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Master Trainer

Naked women win the contest.

Lapdances?

Veteran Trainer

XD I knew it was coming XD.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

How about if I let my giant fatass Milotic give you a lapdance MLG? ;DDD lol jk. Im not sure what Im going to pick yet, Ill decide later tonight XD

Master Trainer

I'll go with Cerunnos (M)

Okay my Celtic God, start off with a Dragon Rush before curling up with a Rollout, and then lift yourself off the ground with a Magnet Rise, into a floating/spinning/fast ball of doom.

Dragon Rush~Rollout~Magnet Rise.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Ok I will be using my Ralts, Lt.Kickass. Ok Kickass begin with a good old anime standy by Kaio Ken, Kamehameha combo. Start of with a Calm Mind, follow it by charging up a Shadow ball, just after you release your Shadow Ball follow it with a Charge Beam for the tail. Make sure while your doing it, use you telepathy to allow everyone hear you charge up your super beam of awesomeness.

Calm Mind ~ Shadow Ball ~ Charge Beam

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hmm, ok. I have an idea. Fool, I'm going to need you to use a ShadowBall and Mud Slap in quick sensation, send both the ball and mud in the air, but make sure they don't hit eachother. Than use Psychich to catch them, make the mud orbit the ball like the rings of Saturn.

Shadow Ball - Mud Slap - Psychic
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

Elite Trainer

Asi grinned, taking a deep breath and smelling all the wonderful smells of grilling and suntan lotion. It was definately summer, and she was dressed for it, wearing a bikini top and shorts, her usual glasses replaced by a pair of sexy shades. Tossing a pokeball up into the air and catching it, she decided on her pokemon carefully before tossing it to the ground.

Little Red (f), Vulpix

"Ok Red, lets heat things up a bit! First use Fire Spin, but stretch it out so that it forms something like a horizontal net. Then use Double Team to position copies of yourself on both sides of this 'net', finally form an Energy Ball and pose as if you are about to serve it like a volleyball, and finish by serving the ball to your copied teammates, the ball bouncing off to the next as one disappears. Theres no I in Team but there is an 'm' and an 'e' right?"
    Red nodded and pranced to a clearing, ready to give the barbequ-ers a show.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Sorry about the delay.

Well, it's not just the men at the barbeque. You also have the women and the little kiddies.

I send out my Lapras (female). "Start with Surf to move a reasonable amount of water here. Then use Psychic to manipulate it into a slippery slide shape. Finally, use Ice Beam to freeze it in place."

Surf ~ Psychic ~ Ice Beam

Elite Trainer

XD CEB, Lt.Kickass? That's the best name EVA!

...while you sleep.

Veteran Trainer

BBQ Pulpit Contest !!

AAhh! The smell of charcoal and the grilled foods that lie above them, being cooked to perfection. Children run free and kites soar, while adults reminisce. Summertime music in the air, yeah this is the life, huh ! BBQ Pulpit contest time, and I'm your delighted host, DL. *Scarfs Hot dog and Kielbasa in one bite*

First round is a standard appeal, and we'll switch up the order a bit here. Well, here we go!

#1: Mystic Clown and the Fool, Mime Jr.
    Shadowball~Mud-Slap~Psychic

Coming off the picnic table first will be Mystic Clown. He gives em a signal telling me to wait..as he swallows some potato salad. Finished, he and his Pokemon (who mimics his exact exaggerated belleh dance stance) come to the designated area, and the conglomerate of grillers and their families watch with anitcipation.

The Fool starts off by spinning around and dragging a dark shadowy wisp of air behind it. Pulling it towards himself, he balls it up, and makes it expand. In his right hand, the hand he was dragging, there is also a nice swath of mud. He then throws the both skyweard, the mud starting to fray, as the Ball shoots skyward. Kids cringe as the mass gets near their kites...but then both objects stop. Fool acts as if the ball is tethered by a rope, and he pulls it back a bit, until its near the Mud's height. He then makes the Mud rotate around it in a orbit, and the kids clap, seeing a planet around their kites. Everyone applauds, and Fool then psychically moves the planet until it can rocket off into space. Which it does.

#2: Mew Master and Cerunnos, Aron
    Dragon Rush~Rollout~Dragon Rise

Next is Mew Master. He eagerly gets up while holding onto a cheeseburger. By the way, give it up for our own Contest chef this contest, Chris 2.1 !

Anyway, Mew looks down his the little Iron clad Aron and tells it its commands. Ceru nots and immediartly begins Rushing diagonal to the congregation of grills, so as not to hit any of them. He curls in a ball as he rushes foreward, attaining a great speed. Once he's at the edge of the field, he rolls back -backwards and stops right in the middle of the path he traveled. The crowd watches as the hyperrevolving iron ball begins to rise, obtaining a munch of oohs and aah's from the folks in general. He then lands, and applause commences.

#3: Houndoom Lover and Ruff Ruff, Growlithe
    Aerial Ace~Flame Wheel~Double Team

Our reigning champ is third and she comes gliding down from her last match with Ruff Ruff. She scoops up a burger and points to the middle of the area, where Ruff Ruff rolls around and looks pretty danged sad. But, as the kids try to get close to play with him, he shoots up and before he falls, he explodes into a fiery mass of flames. But the flames don't weave out far, they kinda shoot out in a stitch pattern, or a spider web effect. Huh.

Well while the small flames help to keep him aloft, it looks like he's shimmering. Whoa, he just popped out another Growlithe. And another, and anohter, whom all seem eager to play with him! About 7 pups fall from the Fiery sunwheel, which then runs out of energy and Ruff falls in the mudst of all the other pups, and bounds around with them. The folks clap and the kids run in to try and play with the puppy, but Ruff Ruff makes an escape and the kids all get to play with clones that evaporate the second they touch them.

#4: Chaos_redefined and Lapras
    Surf~Psychic~Ice Beam

Our newest member, Chaos, comes forth, holding a glass of lemonade and eating what looked to be a bratwurst. A Lapras is revealed, and it slides over across the soft grass to a nice spot not too far away. Using its sea powers, it forces the water to come rushng over from a neraby pool. THe water thunders over and before it crashes into Lapras, and subsequently the grills, it is stopped by a massive psychic wall. The Psychic wall then pushes in and molds the water into a odd twisting, twirling shape, 15 feet high.

When the shape is complete, Lapras fires off an Ice Beam and moves up the structure slowly, freezing it into a complete and ready working Ice slide! Lappy slides down it, and then the kids freak with joy and run over, eager to try it out. Its cold, but Lapras left enough water so that they can slide down it without getting stuck.

#5: Rossymore and Sohnanau, Wynaut
    Splash~Charm~Mirror Coat

Rossy comes over next, quite happy for the kids and releases his lil blue baby. Sohnanu immediatly runs for the small water puddles an begins Splashing around with them, to the enjoyment of both adults and children alike. He rolls about and shows off his playful Charms, enamoring the crowd. It's almost hypnotic, as Sohnanu begins to shine, his blue coat becoming a veritable raimbow of color as the Mirror coat reflects the light bouncing off the water on hs skin. The kids clap and the adults nod in approval.

#6: MeloveGhosts and Ise Nanao, Meditite
    Shadow Ball~Mind Reader~Focus Blast

Next up is MLG and his Meditite floating close behind. Both eat a hamburger before starting. Ise then walks over all funkylike on her hands and forms a Shadowball with its feet. She then tosses it up as if it was rubbish and sits to meditate.

However, her body enters the trance state and she points with a finger gthe trajectory of the ball. As it falls, her left hand raises and begins to glow yellow. When the ball looks as it its going to slam into her left hand she opens her eyes and the Shadowball is caught and compressed, and engulfed by an even larger Focus Blast. The bright blast shoots onward through the sky, like a fat comet. Folks clap and Ise waddles away.

#7: Asilynne and Little Red, Vulpix
    Fire Spin~Double Team~Energy Ball

As the grills are fired up one last time for the first round, Asi bounds out with her new acquisition, a Vulpix named Little Red. The Vulpix finishes eating a bun with..somethng in it, and Asi claps, Red gets to work, and fires off a Fiery stream. It spins as the two tendrils of fire seem to coil and wrap around each other, sustaining themselves as a fiery net of sorts.

Running to one side, Red suddenly splits ito 4, and two clones stay back. She's joined by one other and she wags her tails. Everyone is intrigued, and then begin cheering as they figure out its a Volleyball match!

An Energy Ball is grown out of the ground by Red and she delivers the first Spike. One clone hits it back over, only to disappear, The clone on her side runs up to spike it, and she does, spiking it right on the second clone. Both those clones disappear, adn the Energy Ball falls right to Red, whom merely catches it on her nose and holds it there. Everyone applauds, and Red runs off to destroy the ball safely.

#8: Crazy Elf Boy and Lt. Kickass, Ralts

Last but definitly not least, we have Elf and Lt. Kickass. Ha, and of course Elf's eating a grilled steak. How did I guess? Anyway, the Liutenant walks over and begins to Calm himself. As he calms himself, the crowd feels that blanket of Calmness enter their minds. They listen as well as watch, as Ralts then looks up. Aiming for in between the kites, he begins to charge up a blackish sphere first.

Everyone could hear the effort Lt Kickass was putting into this and watched intently. That sphere was fired and directly after a thinner yellow bolt was sent after. The two objects moved at the same speed, so it looked like a Purple comet with a yellowish tail. It streaked across the sky to everyones approval.

That's round 1!!

~~Scores~~

#1) Mystic and Fool
    Score: 8.6/10

Great way to start. A little iffy around the kites, but Fool's imaginative way of reeling the sphere back in was great. Making a Planet kite to associate with the kite flying was a great idea as well. All in all great appeal to open ths contest with.

#2) Mew Master and Cerunnos
    Score: 8.7/10

Wasn't a bad appeal. Not at all. Little metal floating ball is always cool to watch for a short period of time, and you did just that. You didn't try to add anything more to it, and it helped keep the anitcipation high for the rest of the Contest.

#3) Houndy and Ruff Ruff
    Score: 8.2/10

I think you were going for too much here? No, that's not what I wanted to say. it's more of, You went big, when you really did not have to go so big. The Flamewheel was cool in its own right, but I kinda felt the whole clone popping out of it was kinda eerie, and then falling out of the flames into the clones was supposed to be playful but it looked very mismatched.

#4) Chaos and Lapras
    Score: 9.5/10

THAT. Was awesome. You and that Lapras did a swell job. It was simple enough, just build an Ice slide, but what got you such a good score was because its on a hot day like this, where kids can use it-that's an added benefit. Great way to work the crowd into it.

#5) Rossy and Sohnanu
    Score: 9/10

And following on his heels is Rossy! Again. Simple and very eye pleasing. Use of Mirror coat here was crucial to your score, as it had a mesmerizing affect, with all the colors and the water lying about from the Ice Slide. Splash looked so much better with actual water aruond.

#6) MLG and Ise
    Score: 8.4/10

Well, the concept scared me, since I was thinking an explosion was going to occur. But Ise had me fooled. The beginning was great, with an awkward Shadowball, and then prediction of when it would land. But having the Focus Blast fly up in its place was unexpected and awesome to watch.

#7) Asi and Little Red
    Score: 9.3/10

And the other fire starter! Thsi one was more engaging, as the Clones had a purpose-and a fun purpose at that. I liked the whole game setup you created there, that was very engaging and fun to watch.

#8) Elf and Lt. Kckass
    Score: 8.4/10

Now. This got a high score, but it was a strange appeal. Having everyone hear you charge up was....kinda weird to me, but the audience ate it up. They loved seeing how much effort Ralts put into this. The shape of a Kamehameha was almost achieves, with the streaking purple ball giving the Charge Beam some much needed size to work with. But it didn't have that kind of staying appeal, especially since it went flying away.

End Notes

This was a great round, no one got a Score under 8, which is fantastic in its own right

Well. We now drop to 4.

Chaos, Rossy, Asi and Mew all move on to the next round.

The Next Round is a Super Appeal, so that means 4 attacks.

Thanks to everyone that participated, and dun worry....with the way this Contest is flying by, we might have another one reeeeeal soon! .

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Little Red (f), Vulpix

Asi munched on a corn on the cob before washing it down with a cold soda. This barbeque was great so far, and while everyone was having a good time eating she felt it was time for more entertainment. "Pst Red..." Asi beckoned her pokemon over. "For this next one, do a Dark Pulse to darken the area a bit, then use Hidden Power and Will-o-wisp together and send the colorful, flaming orbs into the sky like fireworks. Then let out a Howl as they shatter in the air as colorful flickers of light. It should be pretty cool looking!"
    Smiling, Asi watched her pokemon trot off to follow her instructions, before looking around for some ice cream.

Master Trainer

Okay Cerunnos, let's make it to the finals for once!

Start off with a Sunny Day to brighten our lives. Then use a Rock Polish to show off the sheen and the light of a new day. Use a Metal Sound to mimic the sound of a firework flying into the air. Let it die down then unleash a Shockwave in a large sphere.

Sunny Day~Rock Polish~Metal Sound~Shockwave
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Elite Trainer

We've gotten this close before. Let's win this Sohnano!

But um...hrm...with such a limited moveset, there's not much I can do...erm...I'll think of something hopefully.

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post

with the way this Contest is flying by, we might have another one reeeeeal soon! .

You HAD to say it didnt you XDDD

Please post other peoples T.T

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

(Just as a note, the pool referred to is the one lapras emptied last round. It needs refilling. I've asked some lifeguards to keep the pool empty for this performance.)

Lapras, start with a Water Pulse, to create a series of rings above the pool. Before the water rings fall to the pool, send out a quick Shock Wave, followed by a Thunder through the middle of the rings, creating a stream of rainbow effects. Finally, use Protect to stop the water from splashing outside of the pool.

Water Pulse - Shock Wave - Thunder - Protect.

[14:48:30] .:- Steampunk Angel -:. {{I love Ben}} says:
    oh chaos your awesome lol

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

For those of you that need motivation to post, the BBQ Pulpit Contest Ribbon is complete. The winner of this Contest will be awarded with...

...The Griddle Ribbon.

Nothing welcomes summer like a barbecue, and nothing says barbecue like a good ol' hot dog.

So get those Appeals up, folks! Because there are NOT enough of these to go around.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Elite Trainer

I'm the only one to post up but because I have a Pokemon with such a limited moveset...this is going to be so difficult!

I'll try and think of something during the day then I'll edit with it later...if not, you're free to continue the contest without me. I don't want to hold anything up!

Elite Trainer

Okay Sohnanu, I cam up with something five seconds ago. Go for the closest BBQ that it lit but doesn't have anything on it, and jump onto the fire using Protect. Then, keep the shield up and use Mirror Coat and Safeguard to add to the flames. Finish off by using Splash into the water. There better be some there!

KEEP SHIELD UP THROUGHOUT!!!

Not bad eh?

Veteran Trainer

BBQ Pulpit Contest !!

Round Two!

Super Appeal. Fun times. Random pick of the draw, and Mew goes first!

#1: Mew Master and Cerunnos, Aron
    Sunny Day~Rock Polish~Metal Sound~Shockwave

The mighty steel type came out first for this second round of Pokemon contest mastery. As if a chanting for the sun was needed today-Cerunnos made short work of that. The heat came down brilliantly, glistening off his hide, as well as bringing about the need for sunglasses.

Then, everyone looked up as Cerunnos did the same, using his plated body to make a whistling sound that seemed to be going up. A yellow sphere was seen flying up and when the sound ended, Ceru let the sphere fall, before allowing it to expand into a Shockwave firecracker! People clapped, even if the yellow ws hard to make out in the brightened sky.

#2: Asilynne and Little Red
    Dark Pulse~Hidden power~Will-o-Wisp~Howl

As Ceru leaves, Lil Red bops on in, and tries to dampen the sky some. It works as her Dark Pulse gives everyone a darker spot to focus on, as well as cook their food. From there, she conjurs up, huh, pale blue orbs that orbit her. They fly off, swiftly followed by a strange purplish red hue of fire that wafts erratically around in the air, giving everyone a strange show of colors.

These strange glowing lights all cvaptivate teh audience, and Lil Red Howls at their success. That Howl also commenced their exploding, a brilliant flash of white and red and blue! How patriotic. People clap as Lil Red bops off

#3: Chaos_redefined and Lapras
    Water Pulse~Shock Wave~Thunder~Protect

Our attention is now drawn over to the pool, as kids watch earnestly as Chaos's Lapras slides on in, gleefully. Its currently empty-but not for long. Lappy starts with a Water Pulse sequence that has a high arc. As the rings arc up and then back down, a Shockwave is fired in faster succession. The electricity shoots through the ring sequence, creating a charged mass of water-that was then interwoven by a massive Thunder-that struck the far wall of the pool. This caused the water to explode from ring formation, into a brilliant kalidescope of color.

As the massive color explosion raged up and threatened to hit the crowd, the audience noted a barrier dome over the pool, causing a secondary bubble like ranbow effect to manifest. Peole cheer the Lapras on, as the water subsides safely.

#4: Rossymore and Sohnanu, Wynaut
    Protect~Mirror Coat~Safeguard~Splash

Last but not least is Sohnanu. He waddles over toward a grill spot near the pool (which is being filled now.) People slightly freak when they realize that grill has been on, and the lil guy jumps on it. but a shield covers the lil guy.

He then forces a swath of light down his body, that causes the flames to reflect off of himself-as well as not touch him by use of a Safrguard that sparkied in the opposing direction. The fires begant o engulf the triple light energy, and the lil guy started to notice the het-very much. In a final act, he jmped off the grill and into the Pool, Splashing all the way. The aiudience clapped, and he waddled off!

That's round 2!!

~~Scores~~

#1) Mew Master and Cerunnos
    Score: 8.5/10

Great. Nice idea of simulating a fireworks display. Little hard seeing yellow on a bright day though, that's what kinda made it a tad hard for me, But still very fresh and lively. Loved the Metal sound idea.

#2) Asi and Lil Red
    Score: 8.8/10

In the same vein as Mew, but the patriotic end threw it over the top. You lucked out with that Ice HP. Nice idea to help darken the area so people could see the colors more.

#3) Chaos and Lapras
    Score: 9.2/10

Again, a stellar performance. The use of electricity and reflections with Protect were unexpected and fantastic. Really liked how you used the Water Pulse rings not only as the agent but also as a target for the Thunder to go THROUGH. Really awesome.

#4) Rossy and Sohnanu
    Score: 8/10

At first odd, jumping on a grill is not something..natural, but the idea held sound-heat up and cool off. It was funny seeing a Wynaut flail about as well Cute.

That's it.

End Notes

Again, high scoring round. However, we have to cut two!

The finals are between Asilynne and Chaos! Hyper Appeals folks-5 Moves decides it all!

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Gurh! I'll make it to the finals next month!

Veteran Trainer

Asilynne and Chaos....Reminder that your appeals should be coming in soon. Very soon.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Mine should be up sunday night, this week is a full one for me, Im catching lunch really quick even as we speak and then its naptime til second job XD

Master Trainer

Just wanted to say 'grats to Rossy for getting this far with a limited movepool. Cool beans.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Start off with a Dragon Dance, as a ritual to summon a dragon. Then use Dragon Pulse to conceal your use of Substitute to make the dragon. Let the dragon Roar. Finally, use Body Slam to eradicate the evil dragon, once and for all.

Dragon Dance - Dragon Pulse - Substitute - Roar - Body Slam

Edit: Slight change. Asi hadn't posted yet, so judging was nowhere near ready (I hope)
    Last edited by chaos_redefined; 26th June 2009 at 01:51 AM.

Elite Trainer

Little Red (f), Vulpix

After eating some ice cream, Asi finished her feasting off with a big juicy piece of watermelon, when suddenly the judgements for the last round were announced. She accidently swallowed a seed as she realised she would be in the finals! "Wow, good job so far Little Red! Its the first time we made it this far! We need something good for this last one." Thinking quietly for a moment she looked up and the darkening sky and the cookout winding down. "Now would be a great time to sit by a fire with friends and family to roast marshmallows dont you agree Little One? Start off by using Safeguard on yourself and the crowd,we wouldnt want anyone to get burned. Then Dig a decent sized pit in the middle of a clearing, before going over to the woods and using Iron Tail to cut down a tree and chop it into pieces, throwing them into the pit as you do so. Then Flamethrower the pile to set it ablaze, creating a nice bonfire for everyone to gather around, and finally since youre all safeguarded up go into the fire and take a Rest, you deserve it after doing so well!" The little Vulpix stretched and smiled, and Asi finished up her watermelon to watch the end of the contest.

Veteran Trainer

BBQ Pulpit Contest !!

Finals!

Hyper Appeal. Fun times. Random pick of the draw, and Chaos goes!

#3: Chaos_redefined and Lapras
    Dragon Dance~Dragon Pulse~Substitute~Roar~Body Slam

We are in the finals folks. Our grills are shutting down and everyone is eager to see just how well these two can close out!

Chaos and Lapras slide onto the scene, and the titanic watee Pokemon begins to slide around on the now almost fully melted ice slides' water slick. As she slides, she bobs her head up and down and weaves back and forth, dancing as she does. A ererie energy covers her, and all of a sudden, it looks as if Lapras evaporates in a blast of Pulsing energy. The smoke clears and to everyone's amazement, there's a strange large doll like thing staring at them.

To the naked eye, one would think it was a dragon, but Lapras was not content with naked eye alone. The Substitute would bellow, further causing awe and wonder amongst the partons. Then, as if to be a heroic comeback-Lapras slides out from the pool and Slams her full Body weight ito the Sub, dismantling it, and recieving many a clap and cheer from the folks.

#2: Asilynne and Little Red
    Safeguard~Dig~Iron Tail~Flamethrower~Rest

Little Red playfully bounds in the center of the group, and expends a great deal of energy to blanket everyone in the vicinity with a safeguard. With the people safe, she's free to so as she pleases...

and that's digging a hole. She scours out a nice size pit, and leaves it be, heading out of the crowd momentarily. She stopped though...there WAS no woods around her. But, as luck would have it, there was a tree in the vicinity..with a tire swing on it.... She ran over and began using her Tails as a set of Iron saw blades, to slice through the tree. Knocking to down, she then chopped it up and rolled each piece she needed (8 in all) back to the pit, where they lied nicely.

Reaching the pit, the Vulpix showed signs of tiredness But she willed her energy into one mightly Flamethrower, which set the wood ablaze, to the crowd's enjoyment. As it burned and people gathered close to watch teh fire, Little Red took her weary self and lied down atop the wood, Resting finally. The audience clapped as the flames eem ed to consume her...but who's gonna gt her out of there.

That's It!!

~~Scores~~

#3) Chaos and Lapras
    Score: 9.2

Strong Appeal. Smoke and Mirrors to conceal Lapras' dropping of the Substitute. The Ventriloquiist act there was awesome as well. All around very solid appeal. Made to appeal to all ages.

#2) Asi and Lil Red
    Score: 9.3

Safeguarding the audience was a good safety precaution, as well as a taxing one. But she pulled it off, using what she could of her enviornment to make the appeal work. The audience seemed to wonder how/why she could walk on fire, and that was a nice touch of the mental trickery needed to try and stay ahead of your opponent in Contests. It did take alot of preparation though-which is why the score was docked a bit

That's it.

End Notes

And the winner is...Asilynne by a slm margin. Chaos, you are the runner up, so 2 points to you.

Asi, that's 4 points to you and the Griddle Ribbon! Stay tuned folks, because the Grand Festival is only days away n_n!

4 to me :O Yahahaha

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Congratulations, Asi, and hope to see you in the next finals