Thread: TurkeyStufftastic Contest!!!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default TurkeyStufftastic Contest!!!

Whoo haa, yessir. October is almost over, as well as the October contest. So why not get ready for November!

Rules are
    1) 2 Pokemon maximum.
    2) No reservations. You post, you post appeals. First 12 in get in.
    3) 3 rounds. Standard~Dual~Hyper

The Arena is a massive banquet all. Your Pokemon are on one side of the hall, separated by the massive table full of food-and the audience sitting and gorging themselves.

Twist: You can enter this Pokemon with one Pokemon. If you do, you can use one of your opponets Pokemon as its partner. Choose wisely though.

1) Classy: Girafarig (F), Kawaii. Happiny (F), Hana.
    2) Unbraced: Swablu (F) and Spheal (M)
    3) Kyuu: Wartortletwo♂ and Phanpy♂
    4) Mike: Frost (shiny female Glaceon) & Goku (shiny male Infernape)
    5) Houndy: Mephy and Whirly-Gig
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)

Questions, please ask. If you want to ref, please, go right ahead I definitely wouldn't mind. Oh and Signups end 11/4-at to which point the Contest starts.

Later
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 13th November 2009 at 05:51 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

The real Shonta Moderator

Default Re: TurkeyStufftastic Contest!!!

Entering with my Girafarig (F), Kawaii. Also, my Happiny (F), Hana.

Hana, start off with Double Team and make two more of you. Surround the banquet with a refreshing Aromatherapy. Finally provide a chorus of soothing music with Heal Bell.
    Last edited by classy_cat18; 30th October 2009 at 08:04 PM.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I enter with Swablu (F) and Spheal (M)

Swablu, use mist to cover the whole arena, and combine it with Ominous Wind, and then fly around using Aerial Ace and cut through the fog in a circle.
    Last edited by Unbraced; 31st October 2009 at 11:26 AM.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Unbraced, there's no reservations. You gotta post an Appeal or else you won't be counted as an entrant.

And no, I'm not joining in this time. I'll just be keeping an eye on things from the food tabl-... from the JUDGE'S table. 'Cuz I can sit there because I kinda work for Darkly. Making Ribbons and whatnot... Yeah. Whatever. *chomp*

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

edited

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I would like to join but I still don't understand it completely, what are we supposed to do with the food?

Veteran Trainer

Unbraced: Few things.
    1) For a Standard Appeal, you choose one Pokemon and that's the one you use for your appeal, so you don't need two appeals.

2) A Dual Appeal is when you use both your Pokemon. Each Pokemon is allowed two moves, and you should make it so the appeal encompasses traits of both Pokemon- or they can act out a scene, something to show their efficiency at teamwork

Kyuu-the food's there as part of the setting, just as how the pumpkins were there for the last contest setting. Its just helpful as a theme, You can use the food in your appeal, but you don't have to.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Thanks. edits

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Alright, I'll enter with Wartortletwo♂ and Phanpy♂

Wartortletwo use Brick Break to split the food table in halve, do it at the right angle so all the food will be thrown into the air, now use Double Team to creat many versions of yourself, each of them will use Protect as a plate to keep the food from falling to the floor, Spiderman Style!

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Oh, crap, I think I'm going to use Mephistopheles and Whirly-Gig the Carnivine.

Mephistopheles, gambol out wearing your dashing harlaquin (sp? :0) out fit with Whirly-Gig. You just look confused and bewhildered, please. Mephy, you bow and look sternly at Whirly-Gig :0 Just like we rehersed now! Whirly, put your vine ends in your mouth and make yourself look like a good sturdy hoop.

Now quickly, Mephy climb on top of his head and start to balance on your hind legs, and in your paws, spew a little bit of sluge and catch it on fire with ember and start to juggle it, and add another, and another if you feel comfortable in doing so just keep adding more like that....

Until Whily-Gig gets all jelous and fed up looking and Swallows you. Let him thrash around a bit, you just sit there- lookin' adorable, and then Spit him Up.

Mephistopheles: Sludge Bomb (:0 He doesn't know just sludge!? What the dealie?)- Flamethrower

Whily-Gig: Swallow- Spit Up
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Veteran Trainer

1. Again, no props.

2. Standard Appeal first. One Pokemon, three moves.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Thanks Blade :O.

To follow up: No props, unless they're provided by the description of the stage already. (hence use of the table and the food in the area).

However, if you decide you want to put your Pokemon in a costume for the appeal-that's fine..its not going to have an effect on the judging of the Appeal. No reason to stifle creativity in that respect.

I'm wondering if my first post is unclear though-and that's why people are thinking the Dual Appeal is before the Standard appeal. Didn't think so.

Entertaining quotes!

You must fear the Reaper! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll enter with Frost (shiny female Glaceon) & Goku (shiny male Infernape).

Frost, use a Icy Wind toward the sky to make it hard to see. Then Double Team to make Four of you. Then all of you use Swift toward the sky though the night sky, to make the Stary Night.

Elite Trainer

Here it it. Alright, Mephistophelese, prouce out all proffesional like and hop on to your front legs, use double team to create a mirror image of a you on your up in the airs legs, kick back, causing the double to spin, the double'll use Fire Spin. Kick back against the Fire Spin like you're juggling it on your back feet, kick it high up in the air, sit up normal and jump up, and dispate the fire spin and the clone with a Thunder Fang...Like indoor fireworks!

Double team~ Fire Spin~ Thunder Fang
    Last edited by Houndoom_Lover; 8th November 2009 at 02:43 PM.

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Veteran Trainer

At 11:59:59-signups iz over :O. Though I'm not against a small Contest, I'd figure I'd be nice and make sure everyone had a chance to post.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Well alright. November Contest Registration is closed :O. It'll be an Elimination with one person gone til we have a winner. I'll get it posted tonight.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

I did not forget about this. My apologies for not getting this up sooner.

Turkeystuff Contest!

Well look at that! We're in the best place ever, a place with all sorts of food. Well, we're in a smaller enclosed setting-and we have 4 great competitors ready. Let's get it started.

#1) Unbraced & Swablu
    Mist~Ominous Wind~Aerial Ace

First up via random selection is Unbraced. The audience looks up from the banquet table and watches as Swablu takes flight, flapping its small wings. A light Mist rolls in, and seems to roll about the flying Pokemon. Suddenly a sharp wind blasts from the rear, chilling the soups a bit. It cuts and slices the Mist, forcing the Mist to stay within a confined area. This was further complemented by Swablu flying about, to everyone's wonder. Swablu streaked back and forth, cutting the through the Windy stable Mist until nothing was left!! The audience clapped, and I'm going for plate #3!!

#2) Mike and Frost (S)
    Icy Wind~Double Team~Swift

Up next is Frost. A lunge into the spotlight, and the Glaceon makes her appearance. In one short breath a chilling wind streaks around the room. The food is protected, so no worries there. But Frost then sets his gaze upward, as she splits into 3 more clones. The quartet then watch the sky more carefully, each glowing slightly. Everyone stare up and then are witness to a deluge of Stars shooting across the skyscape. That Swift array was dazzling.

Applause as Frost bounces away.

#3) Houndy and Mephy
    Double team~Fire Spin~Thunder Fang

Out comes everyone's favorite firehound, ready to dish out some special! Bounding on its two front legs, the Houndoom catches the audiences attention. In an instant, there is a second Houndoom, balancing on the first ones hind legs. Very proficient. A few claps are given, right before Mephy kicks the first clone away. The pup evaporates into a spinning vortex of Fire, that falls toward the hind paws of Mephy. Mephy fears not and kicks the fiery orb, rotating it on his feet like a giant hula hoop, to everyone's astoundment. When everyone's seen the orb for more than a few seconds, Mephy kicks it up, and lands on all fours. He then shoots vertically, and bites through the hoop, lightning rippling around the fire, creating a series of sparks that seem to fizzle out as the flames dissipates.

#4) Classy and Hana
    Double Team~Aromatherapy~Heal Bell

As Mephy leaves, Hana hops out on stage. Everyone continues gorging a bit, as Hana waves idly and calmly splits into a few more. Everyone then seems quite tired and relaxed as the trio of Happinys all wave their arms in sync and spread a Aromatherapy breeze through the banquet hall. Itis....Itis...

Everyone is lazy, and calm, and leans back in their chairs, content with watching the little egglets. Its then that the bells begin to ring, and people hum along to the tune of "It's a Small World". Horrible..Horrible song, yet they like it, and clap as Happiny finishes and waddles off stage..

#5) Kyuu and Wartortletwo
    Brick Break~Double Team~Protect

Finally, out slides Wartortletwo. He gets to work with a hefty amount of muscle rubbing. Suddenly he's off, headed right for her audience...Oh GOD NO!

He CLEAVES THE TABLE IN ONE BLOW! ALL THE FOOD! NOOOOOO. And yet, he's not even caring! All he's doing is Double Teaming! There's like 6 of them and they're all running really fast all over the place! Suddenly, they're diving about and..what the hell? They're saving the food! Each set of dishes set on a Protective shield... my GOD that was scary! Yeah the audience liked the waiter routine...Lucky...almost wasting good food.

~~~Results~~~

#1: Unbraced: 7.8/10

What I did like about this appeal was the control over the Mist, keeping it stationary. But everything else was just Swablu flying through it. Yeah, graceful attacks were shown, but Mist isn't all that hard to cut through. Maybe it if was cut into a cloud shape of some sort. The abstractness of the appeal made it lose some points.

#2: Mike: 8.2/10

Different. Giving the viewers a scene to relax with as they eat, always thoughtful. Memorable as well, a starry landscape.

#3: Houndy: 8.4/10

Always with the circus routine. This was good for a base appeal, a hoop trick. The Thunder Fang wasn't as prominent as I'd had hoped it would be, but it was a good effort anyway. I really liked the fire spin part though.

#4: Classy: 8.3/10

This one was strange. Not only did you not focus on the Pokemon, but you made the audience at ease with whatever the Pokemon did. It was a really odd approach. But I guess with the way the Contest is set up, you exploited the audience for your own appeal, and it worked. Got them singing after a good meal, always a good time.

#5: Kyuu: 8.8/10

GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK WHY DON'T YOU! My god, the food. But ok really. That was risky, breaking the table like that. It worked through, your strategy. Very entertaining. It was so chaotic that by the end of it, everyone was not sure what to expect. Good surprise though.

Well, as this is elimination, 2 people gotta go this round. Unfortunately its (barely) Mike and Unbraced! Better luck next month guys :O

Ok Dual Appeals are next. Make them good!
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 14th November 2009 at 10:08 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

^_^ Yays yays

This is the Dual Super one, yes :0 *edit copy pasta*

Mephistopheles, gambol out wearing your dashing harlaquin (sp? :0) out fit with Whirly-Gig. You just look confused and bewhildered, please. Mephy, you bow and look sternly at Whirly-Gig :0 Just like we rehersed now! Whirly, put your vine ends in your mouth and make yourself look like a good sturdy hoop.

Now quickly, Mephy climb on top of his head and start to balance on your hind legs, and in your paws, spew a little bit of sluge and catch it on fire with ember and start to juggle it, and add another, and another if you feel comfortable in doing so just keep adding more like that....

Until Whily-Gig gets all jelous and fed up looking and Swallows you. Let him thrash around a bit, you just sit there- lookin' adorable, and then Spit him Up.

Mephistopheles: Sludge Bomb (:0 He doesn't know just sludge!? What the dealie?)- Flamethrower

Whily-Gig: Swallow- Spit Up

...while you sleep.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Isn's super 3 moves? Gotta get it clear befoe I post my appeals...

Super's four moves.
    Random Quote:

Veteran Trainer

Yes this is the Dual appeal Kyuu. Each Pokemon does 2 moves, in tandem with each other.

Entertaining quotes!

It seems that people ain't sharin' their turkey. Hana, create a Substitute of yourself. Kawaii, pick up the little Hana plushie and use Trick to replace that cooked bird with it. Give the turkey you get to Hana so she can find the wishbone. Hana, use Copycat so you switch the wishbone and the plushie. Kawaii, use Confusion to put Hana on the table. That way she can help someone with that wishbone. Make sure you get the bigger part, Hana!

Kawaii: Trick ~ Confusion
    Hana: Substitute ~ Copycat
    Random Quote:

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Phanpy, use Rollout to smash the legs of the replacement table with the food, the Wartortletwo will use Surf, the two of you should get on the table and use it a surfboard, make sure the food stayd on the table.

Phanpy use Sunny Day to create more sunlight, make people think they are at the beach, Wartortletwo, use Rapid Spin to throw some of the to the audiance, let them enjoy the meal, oh and the refree too

Veteran Trainer

Turkeystuff Contest!

Round two, the Dual Appeal!

#1) Houndy:
    Mephy: Sludge Bomb~Flamethrower
    Whily-Gig: Swallow~Spit Up

Rare day indeed, as the table is fixed. Mephy comes skidding out, dressed as a jester of sorts. But out flies another Pokemon (whoa she has more than one? The hell?)-a Carnivine to be exact. Whirly floats down and Meophy acts all goofy for a bit, entertaining everyone as Whirly covers its body, and acts like a hoop. Mephy runs atop of Whirly and begins to balance on two legs. Paws out, he tries to shoot a small Sudge Bomb at his paws. Well, he shot off more than his paws could catch, so a bunch went dripping on the floor. But what he did salvage, he was able to then blast with a Flamethrower.

It caught on fire pretty fast,and there he goes running on Whirly and patting this sludge mass back and forth, until suddenly Whirly quits being second fiddle and open sup his big ol mouth. Mephy falls in, sludge and all and Whirly swallows him. You can see Mephy kicking about and well..I'm pretty sure that Sludge is nasty, so Mephy was spat right back up! Everyone applauds and the duo leave the area.

#2) Classy:
    Kawaii: Trick~Confusion
    Hana: Substitute~Copycat

Quick mop up, and hey, Classy is next,with Hana and Kawaii. Kawaii looks at everyone eating. She wants food! Hana nods as well and bounces backwards, having created a Sub of herslef so Kawaii can cause some mischief. Running to the table Kawaii lunges on it and swaps it out before no one notices.

Holding a pretty large turkey, she sets it down so Hana can run in it and try to grab the wishbone. Finding it (I heard a snap) she then runs out with it, and yet the bird looks fine. I dun think I want to know what she used to copy the Wishbone-but hey, its working...wait. where'd the plushie go?

Oh ewww I'm not eating that bird. Anyway, Hana runs out the bird, and with help from Kawaii, is fling onto the table. She grabs the wishbone now on the table and holds it out at the people-who are confused as to how she got the bone when the turkey wasn't...eaten..yet? Some people laugh, and everyone claps as a young child and Hana break said bone. Hope his wish comes true.

#3) Kyuu

Phanpy: Rollout~Sunny Day
    War: Surf~Rapid Spin

I'm watching you. I'm watching you and my food Kyuu. Alright. We have Phanpy out and he's rolling up O CRAP THE FOOD AGAIN! He'a already smashed through two table legs. Meanwhile WarII is causing a wave of water to come-what the hell?

Phanpy rolls through the last two legs and then uses War II as a ramp to land on the table, which is floating thanks to the controlled Surf. However the people aren't happy since the water is well... not carrying them. The paor of Pokemon carry the food around a bit, and Phanpy tries to lighten their spirits by causing the Sun to shine. That helps a little, with the drying of clothing and all, and well WarII grabs plates and serves them via a Rapid Spin collage. Food gos flying and plates are barely caught-food barely on said flying plate.

The pair then let the table come to a complete stop, and depart.

~~~Results~~~

#1: Houndy: 8.6/10

Hrm. This one was a little off. Maybe cause Sludge Bomb was too big for a Houndoom's paws to catch, lol. Whirly made up for it though, the Swallow the Big-Shot was a nice twist on an old favorite.

#2: Classy: 8.4/10

This was weird. Not unique weird either. Pokemon climbing and touching mai turkey! I did like the inventiveness, now whomever gets that turkey will get a Hana plushie instead. And you didn't waste the wishbone, which was a nice touch.

#3: Kyuu: 6.0/10

Ok this was bad. This went really bad because you forgot that the people are at the table, eating. So causing their food to float away is not a good thing. Making up for it via the Rapid Spin manuvear seemed smart, but then food got tossed everywhere, as well as to intended target. The only saving grace was Sunny Day, to dry folks clothes.

All right. After this round, its Kyuuketsuki that gets the cut.

Final round is Hyper Appeals. Classy vs Houndy! Let's go for it all n_n.
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 15th November 2009 at 02:18 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Hurzah! :3 Oh, hm? Are we doing a Super Appeal or a Hyper one :0?

...while you sleep.

Veteran Trainer

Hyper, it says. That's... 5 attacks. One Pokemon.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Hmmmhmmh! Thank you ^_^ Just making sure!

...while you sleep.

You know what goes good with Thanksgiving dinner? FOOTBALL! Kawaii, use Double Team to make two more of you and have one of you grab an apple from the cornucopia! The one with the apple is the offense, and the other two are defense! Hm...we'll call the one with the apple Kawaii #1, and the other two Kawaii #2 and Kawaii #3.

Kawaii #1, use Agility to evade the other team as you run to the far side of the stage! Kawaii #2, use Thief to tackle the offense and steal the ball/apple! Kawaii #3, use Take Down to make sure Kawaii #1 doesn't get the apple back! Now run for the end zone, Kawaii #2, and do a victory dance! Finally, toss that apple to your tail and have it use Crunch to take a big bite out of it!
    Random Quote:

Elite Trainer

:0 Will most in the coming 'morrow

...while you sleep.

Are we going to finish this or what?
    Random Quote:

Elite Trainer

Hold your Ponyta, my gosh. I'm writting a paper right now, and the library closes at five. If I finish before that, I'll put my appeal riiiight here..

Okat, since we're nearing the end of this event, I assume some people are finished with their meals or at least have an empty plate or two.

Use vinewhip to grab all the finished plates off the table, and then balance them on top of your vines, keeping them spinning with use of that vinewhip. Throw them up in the air and catch them in your mouth with Swallow, giving them a good plant siliva washing, add Sweet Scent to minic soap. Spit them up and hit them with a Solar Beam to dry them.

Catch them with you vines and place them neatly stacked on the table.

Vine Whip-Swallow-Sweet-Spit up-Solar Beam
    Last edited by Houndoom_Lover; 21st November 2009 at 02:36 PM.

...while you sleep.

Veteran Trainer

Turkeystuff Contest!

Finals!!! Hyper Appeals! Go!!

#1) Houndy and Whirly-Gig
    Vine Whip~Swallow~Sweet Scent~Spit up~Solar Beam

Ok, as we move the table back, we have Houndy up first. Whirly floats down to everyone's attention, and grabs the empty dishes. At first, sit seemed like a cumbersome task, but Whirly began spinning them and balancing them with ease. But what to do with so many dishes? Oh, toss them in the air of course. And float under the falling menagerie of utensils and catch them in its mouth?

Well, that's eerie, cause that's alot of plates. But that doesn't stop Whirly. He begins squishing them around in there, and his mouth foams with a Sweet scent. Could just be the cranberry leftovers from the kid plates it ate. After a good 2 minutes speed wash, Whirly then spat them up and watched as they shone brilliantly in the air.

To ensurw there was no leftover slobber, a Solarbeam was fired directly up, the paltes falling beside it, drying from the passing of heat. The plates all fell into two stacks, each balanced on a vine. Setting them on the table, Whirly floated away, to a grand applause.

#2) Classy and Kawaii
    Double Team~Agility~Thief~Take Down~Crunch

With clean plates, the audience now looks over to Kawaii, whom runs to center point. Full and pleased with what they saw it was natural to see what active people were up to. Or they could just watch as Kawaii filled that quot as well. Three Girafarigs appeared and took their spots as an Apple was picked off the table. Getting a running start Kawaii 1 began running forward, holding the apple tight as she weaved back and forth past the defenders.

She' gets him with a Stiff arm block and Oh did you see that Juke! Oh man the 40...the 30..the 20...she could GO. ALL. THE...

*SLAMCRUNCH*

Ohh even I have to wince after that collision. Let's slow it down to point out what happened.

See at the 10, one of the clones caught up and was able to strip the apple away. Kawaii Stopped, only to be met full on by the third Kawaii in a nasty Take down. Kawaii Two now goes for the full field run, and with nobody on her tail its a assured Touchdown. The audience cheers, and Kawaii tosses the apple to the rear head, as it Crunches down on it, before spiking and dancing around it.

~~~Results~~~

#1: Houndy: 9.5

Wow. Cleaned up after all of us. Thanks for that . Inventive and the SolarDryer9000 was an effortless and efficient touch. Great appeal.

#2: Classy: 9.3

Heh, football game of awesomeness. I really did like the almost score then robbery and runback. That's cool. The end tapered off -and it wasn't as strong of a finish as I was hoping for, I felt like the gusto of the appeal faded after the Touchdown.

Still-those were two awesome appeals and you both get a well deserved round of applause!!!

Well, after a great contest, we have our winner! its...Houndy by a slim margin!!!

4 points goes to Houndoom Lover as well as your ribbon which Blade will get for you at some time.
    2 points to Classy (Ya got somethng this time, lol.)
    4 for me and I'm outie. Til December folks!!!

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Congrats, Houndy. In recognition of your achievement, I award you the Cornucopia Ribbon.

Well done.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Hurzah!!!!! *pokemon chest bump with Whirly* :0 Oh yeeeeah!

Great contest everyone, and that ribbon is the shiznit forealsreals!

^_^ *goes to collect my points*

...while you sleep.