Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ASB Absence Tower

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default ASB Absence Tower

Yeah, I'll put up a new one aswell.

If your leaving for more then three days, post in here. If you don't want your battles to be DQ'ed or your reffings subbed, state that here aswell.

Please use this tower.

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: ASB Absence Tower

Oi vey, what a crazy couple of weeks. So many things in preparation for Christmas kept me away from my computer, not to mention my wife sprained her ankle falling down a set of stairs. But I am now free from everything Christmas-related (hopefully New Year's doesn't do anything like that).

I apologize for my refs, I am getting them finished up now. If this kind of thing keeps up I'll have to just stop reffing again, which I don't really want to do. We'll see how that progresses though.

So yeah, I'm (mostly) back. Sorry for the sporadic appearances.
    SteamID: virtualplay
    PSN Handle: VirtualPlay1337

VirtualPlay: they were checking your age so they could legally allow the guys to ogle you?
    ChobiChibi: yeah I guess XD

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

My sisters computer got the whole "system read error insert book disk to continue" bullshit or whatever so I dont have a comp at home til we can figure that out
    Im off my second job all this week though so I may have time to pop in the library, but just to let everyone know Im not super avaliable atm >.<

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I have been having internet difficulties. I can get away with the computers in the lab from time to time, but this is limited. So, my reffings will be irregular till sometime early January. As for battles I'm in, it takes me significantly less time to post for those. So, they will be unaffected.

[14:48:30] .:- Steampunk Angel -:. {{I love Ben}} says:
    oh chaos your awesome lol

Master Trainer

I'll be gone until the first.

Don't ruin the place, will ya.

perpetually absent Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, school's taking its toll on me and I'm feeling ill again. Feel free to get any subrefs.

Click for my VS Seeker entry!

Winner of the 2009 Jack of all Trades and Rising Star Unown Awards!
    Winner of The 2009 Diamond Masquerade's Most Valuable Newbie and Best History Awards!

17:27 Samchu if Becki won't let me kill off Sara then Cici can't use super effective one-hit adorable ko moves on anyone

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

You get better.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well this just keeps getting better and better! For personal reasons and for family reasons, I will have little to no internet over the next FOUR MONTHS (ish), therefore, it would be reccomended that all matches I'm reffing should be given a subref. So sorry guys but that's the way it is.

Since I'm only in one battle, Darkly, I'll reawaken that battle when I get back...should Elf want to continue it.
    I might be back beforehand but that doesn't seem likely. See you guys in the Summer (or Winter to those upside down!)

Give me my cookies. Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I have been sick for the past week..... and i will be gone all weekend and monday... just clarifying.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

WTF Rossy you can't leave... ;_;

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Sorry to hear you're going to be gone this long, Rossymore...I was looking forward to battling you and Blademaster with Darkly at my side...guess now that will have to get improvised.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Master Trainer

Yeah, they grow up so fast..

Sorry to hear your leaving man, but I hope you'll check us out again when you have time.

Good luck in life and all.

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymore View Post
    Well this just keeps getting better and better! For personal reasons and for family reasons, I will have little to no internet over the next FOUR MONTHS (ish), therefore, it would be reccomended that all matches I'm reffing should be given a subref. So sorry guys but that's the way it is.

Since I'm only in one battle, Darkly, I'll reawaken that battle when I get back...should Elf want to continue it.
    I might be back beforehand but that doesn't seem likely. See you guys in the Summer (or Winter to those upside down!)

I'm going to kill you. Soooo much. So glad Shredder is in that fight.

You take care man and come back someday .

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Unfortunately due to having a chaotic life and other issues, I will be unable to post in my battles for a bit (two weeks probably). I'm sorry for such a late reply, as some of you have been waiting for me to post in battles. Hopefully I'll have time to post properly later.

Slacker Supreme Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Just to warn everyone, I will be on a trip to New York until the 19th of January. If I do not post again by that time, then I am either dead, kidnapped or starting a new life is a vagrant.

Veteran Trainer

Depends on what part of NY yer headed to >> Since I live here and snipe intruders, that's all

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hey all. I guess I'll just get to what I have to say... I'm a saved Christian, and over this past year I've been very VERY strongly convicted about Video Games, because of how they have magic and all kinds of other gods in them. Pokemon started out innocently enough but it's getting to that point as well, those legendaries are being treated like gods, and the names HeartGold and SoulSilver aren't really helping.

Anyway, I'm noticing things in even Mario and Zelda that have never bothered me before. I've been wrestling with this for months but the conviction is so strong, that I need to just stop.

But this is just me, God deals with everyone differently, and I know there are Christians who have no problem playing video games (I used to be one :p) but for whatever reason, I'm not supposed to be playing them any more. I have to cut it all off completely, including ASB. I guess it's like a bandaide, rip it off and be done with it, lol. All I know is, if I'm convicted, that means Jesus doesn't like what I'm doing so I'd better listen, no matter what. This is not the reason I left a few years ago either, I'd been online too much back then.

Anyway, God sent his son, Jesus Christ to die on the cross so everyone could repent of sin and go to heaven, and he loves every single person. It must be offensive to him that I am playing around in made up lands with made up gods, and I don't want to be disrespectful. I know I just signed up to be a ref too, but I guess it's better that I stop now, than start reffing and then have to quit. Anyway, it was fun, but I just have to stop playing RPGs I guess. Bye everyone! ^^

AIM: MetallixGirl84 MSN: MetallixGirl84@hotmail.com Yahoo: metallixgirl84

Master Trainer

To bad to see you leaving there, MG.

To each his own, but if you ever feel like returning; the door is always open.

Good luck in life!

Veteran Trainer

Sent you an IM.

Take care

Entertaining quotes!

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

It makes me upset to hear you're leaving again, Metallix's Girl...sorry you didn't get to finish the Safari Zone quest I was doing 10 rounds of for you...man oh man, this is a real dilemma.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Veteran Trainer

Leaving because God frowns on video games, huh?

I won't miss you. So long and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
    Last edited by Blademaster; 15th January 2010 at 12:06 AM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Thanks, guys. it's been so much fun, but I just had to do it. Bye!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    Leaving because God frowns on video games, huh?

I'm sorry to say it, but if that's the way it is, I won't miss you. So long and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    I wouldn't say I disrespect her for her decision but I agree with you in that the reasoning doesn't make sense to me. In my mind, video games are pure fantasy and I don't see how playing a game where Pokemon created the regions (by legend) is supposedly harmful in real life, in a religious point of view. I don't think imagination should be a deterrence into getting into heaven (but then again, I don't believe in Jesus as a savior and omnipotent being) so it's easy for me to struggle with how this makes sense to other people

Also by looking at her post, I see indecision, marked with "I guess" and "I suppose". I may be completely wrong, but I don't know if she entirely believes what she posted

Good luck to you, MG

btw, HeartGold and SoulSilver completely suck as game titles, though I don't know how it's offensive in a religious sense
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Veteran Trainer

I still think that SunGold and MoonSilver should've been the titles. They were practically the original ones for crying out loud.

THREAD-RELEVANT EDIT: Houndoom_Lover asked me to tell you guys that she's gonna be away for an indeterminate amount of time because her computer has computer AIDS. So don't DQ her from anything... Anything else, that is. Thank you!
    Last edited by Blademaster; 14th January 2010 at 04:48 PM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

It's just something between me and God. Heaven isn't based on works but on faith in Christ, but we are supposed to stay as close as possible to him, and don't do things we know are against him. This is why I feel this way. Jesus said the first commandment is to love God with all your heart, soul and mind. I've just gotten to the point where I'm uncomfortable with all of the familiar bad stuff like witchcraft and idolatry in RPGs. I read all 7 Harry Potter books but I'm just growing away from things slowly. I'm by no means saying anyone else has to stop, and I hope everyone else continues to have fun with them. Believe me, this has taken a lot of thought, and I knew how the reactions might be. I've studied the Bible and prayed and thought, and my conclusion is that it's like spending time with idols. They didn't exist either but the fact that people wanted them over God got people in huge trouble. I won't be smited, but it is stealing time away from me. And you can't serve two masters or you will like one more than the other. I didn't mean to start a debate, and I've explained things the best way I can, and also the knot in my stomache is gone, so I'm pleased with my descision. I actually feel a lot better, and I don't feel like I'm arguing with the Lord anymore, and I know there was a good reason he pulled me away because he always knows best. I wish everyone the best.
    Last edited by Metallixs Girl; 14th January 2010 at 05:26 PM.

Veteran Trainer

I retract my last statement. I'm not sorry. Your "I'm not forcing anything on anyone - I'm just saying my lifestyle is better because God says so and God knows best because God says so." attitude isn't welcome here.

Get out. Get out of my beloved website and don't come back.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

GAR-BAGE DAY! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Salvation is "not based on works"? That's weird, goes against about 99% of the Christian philosophers I know. Even Luther didn't go that far. For that matter, doesn't the Bible say at some point that faith without works is meaningless?

And what sort of God insists that you devote all your free time to him in detriment of the other things you enjoy? Part of why I turned to atheism was my inability to accept the existence of a supreme being who was that selfish and narcissistic.

Nothing wrong with religion - whatever lets you sleep at night - but I think you've let your beliefs get a little too enmeshed with your personal life.

I don't know you very well, and if this is the sort of person you are, I'm kinda glad for that.
    The Place That Is No More - Because the world needed to hear me rant and rave.

My ASB A-Team: Qwerty (Magneton), Cici (female Shuckle), Pudge (male Persian), Fuji (male Torkoal), Light (Starmie), Matthias (male Flygon) (six others)

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Alright you guys, no bashing. We may not agree with her reasoning but it's her choice and she's making her peace. The least we can do is wish her well

And Blade, don't be a douche. This isn't your website and you already flamed her in your last post
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yes, James says Faith without works is dead. But it's supposed to be a relationship, a friendship, and if someone is your friend and you love them, you'd want to please them. If you say you loved them but then ignored them, it's like you don't care about them at all. That's as best as I can put it, I know it's simple, but I'm not the best at explaining things. And I deffinately know works can't get you to heaven without faith in Jesus. I'm so far from perfect, but I must go where I am lead. God knows everyone and we all grow at our own pace after we repent. I thought I had better make up my mind to quit before I stayed for a very long time and then quit on everyone. I have been so blessed, it's time I stop gaming, at least for now, and enjoy life that I was given. I'm not losing, I'm gaining.

I really didn't expect to upset anyone, I'm sorry you are upset Blade. I've never talked with you or anything, so I'm kind of surprised. I do hope you feel better and have fun.

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Metallixs Girl View Post
    I really didn't expect to upset anyone, I'm sorry you are upset Blade. I've never talked with you or anything, so I'm kind of surprised. I do hope you feel better and have fun.
    I took over reffing for you a couple of years back when your arm broke.

Also, OK, MAYBE I overreacted. A lot. But I really, REALLY dislike the holier-than-thou attitude religion entails.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallixs Girl View Post
    [COLOR=mediumpurple]God knows everyone and we all grow at our own pace after we repent.[COLOR=White]
    Case in point. Keep your religion to yourself and I'll do the same.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh yes, I remember, and it's all right. I'll leave you guys alone now, but I'd just like to say that Jesus was there when you and I were born, and he loves us all. He knows who we are and where we've been, but he'd still like to give everyone on earth who asks him love, joy and peace in their hearts, and he'd like everyone to be kind to everyone else.

Anyway, that's all. Sorry to clog the thread. I did have a lot of fun at TPM with everyone. Bye!

perpetually absent Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh no, Monica! D:

I've been away for a while, so I haven't seen this until now. I'd like you to know that it was really a pleasure speaking with and reffing for you, and it's a shame that our battle will never have a conclusion. Although I don't really like your reasoning, I respect you decision, and it's admirable that you have such faith in God. Good luck with whatever you do!

Click for my VS Seeker entry!

Winner of the 2009 Jack of all Trades and Rising Star Unown Awards!
    Winner of The 2009 Diamond Masquerade's Most Valuable Newbie and Best History Awards!

17:27 Samchu if Becki won't let me kill off Sara then Cici can't use super effective one-hit adorable ko moves on anyone

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Mental note: If/When I leave ASB, just post something like "I'm leaving. Screw you guys." Saves giant debates about whether or not my reasons are valid/popular/liked/etc...

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosakura View Post
    Oh no, Monica! D:

I've been away for a while, so I haven't seen this until now. I'd like you to know that it was really a pleasure speaking with and reffing for you, and it's a shame that our battle will never have a conclusion. Although I don't really like your reasoning, I respect you decision, and it's admirable that you have such faith in God. Good luck with whatever you do!
    Thanks Annie, I'm glad to have met you too. You are so nice. Bye!

what to put here? Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

going out to sea for 2 weeks as of tomorrow, I want my battles to go on as planned.

Some say he fits well as a signature, and he has a Pokemon team of six Cubones...all we know is, he's called the Stig.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

My right arm has been hurting the past couple of days and it has impeded my abilty to type a little, but I will try ane get my reffings done. If done just bear with me please.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Ok, so my final exams and my university applications are taking A LOT of my time, I will still be able to log in but only for a short time and I might not be able to do a lot in that time either.

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

So my main computer broke, and on it were all my refs and such; they're backed up, but currently inacessible. I am also in a bit of an emotional rut right now, so I'm not really in the mindset to battle either. I should be over the emotions soon enough, but not sure when I'll have my main computer functional again.
    SteamID: virtualplay
    PSN Handle: VirtualPlay1337

VirtualPlay: they were checking your age so they could legally allow the guys to ogle you?
    ChobiChibi: yeah I guess XD

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I've got real life stuff happening, so I'm gonna take a break from reffing. The matches that I'm battling in are unaffected, they move so slowly that it hardly dents into my time. Anyone who I'm reffing for, feel free to ask for a subref.

Veteran Trainer

Will get to battles Sunday. Sorry. Important RL shit needs to be taken care of. Im out, MLG I'll hit you up later.

Entertaining quotes!