Thread: underGROUND {Begin}

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default underGROUND {Begin}

GROUND

Springfield, Massachusetts. A sprawling city that rests on the northern coast of the state. It is home to a multi-millionaire with a taste for gaming.
    It’s unknown if he was the founder of underGROUND, but anyone within the resistance knew he endorsed it. He gave the Springfield gamers hope. After he purchased an old warehouse on the coast, he transformed the inside of it into a gamers paradise.

Computers, consoles and every game imaginable was inside, waiting to be played.

underGROUND called him the ‘Illusive Man’, after the character in Mass Effect 2.

June 25th, 2011
    11:47 PM
    underGROUND warehouse ‘Hyrule

Kate was quiet, sitting on one of the couches, black controller in her hands. She could hear others cursing, cheering and overall being much too loud about something going on. She was happy that she had brought her headphones, without them plugged into the side of the screen; she would’ve never been able to hear what was going on in her own game.

It was late; soon enough the warehouse would close down and people would be heading home. The Illusive Man was firm with his rules; no one was to be on the lot at midnight, in case the cops came by and wondered exactly what was going on. She let out a small yawn and tried to focus on gaming, but something was bugging her. Her controller felt warm, too warm, in fact.

Her eyes drifted down to it, turning it over slowly as she tried to figure out what was wrong.

“What the hell?” She murmured, glancing around. No one else seemed to be having the problem, but the warehouse was far too large to be sure.

As quickly as the problem occurred, it vanished. The controller returned to its normal temperature.

“Huh…” She frowned as she saved her game and shut off the PS3. “Been playing to long probably…”

June 30th, 2011
    10: 43 AM
    Kate’s Basement Apartment

Kate hadn’t been feeling very well for at least a week. Or a work week anyways. Her head had felt light, her skin strange and even her eyes had been throbbing. She had called into work the last three days, trying desperately to get over whatever bug had been haunting her. Trying to escape the reality of waking up so much, she had shut off her alarm clock, 9 AM, which had never really been a problem before, was now torture.

She was staring at a massive machine, or something reminiscent. Angrily she struck at it again and again, blaming it for something. Light filled the room, and things began to move and go out of control. People were crying out in shock as the creature rose up, and… and…

“DID HAVE CHEMO RECENTLY AND NOT KNOW IT!?”

What an incredibly strange thing to hear through the vent. Kate’s eyes flickered open and she slowly turned to stare at the metal contraption over her bed. She frowned, conscious

“KAREN, DID YOU GET A CAT AND NOT TELL ME!? OH PLEASE GOD TELL ME YOU DID!”

‘What on earth?’

“No! Why?”

“I am dreaming.. I must be dreaming… I. AM. DREAMING.”

‘I’m renting from a lunatic…’

“If you’re dreaming, then I must’ve gone to one WILD party last night… YES, WILD; AT THE BOOK CLUB!”

Kate decided it was better not to ask. Groggily she rolled out of bed, ignoring the further screams from her upstairs neighbors. Ignoring the mess her apartment had become during the week of sickness, she shuffled off to the bathroom to freshen up. She felt better actually, it seems whatever had been plaguing her had went away.

As she flicked on the light to the bathroom, her heart stopped.

Then she screamed.

Apparently, no, the sickness hadn’t gone. In fact it had gotten worse.

Then she heard loud thumps, as if someone was coming down the stairs. She barreled out of the bathroom, looking at her hands strangely before touching what was left of her hair.

Her precious, long, straight hair that used to be a beautiful dark brown wasn’t like that any longer. Panicking she touched what was left and nervously looked at the colour.

White, my hair is white.

Not only that, but its style had changed. Someone had come into her room last night and chopped it all off, leaving her with a cut that was admittedly nice, but NOT hers. And then, then some sicko had the nerve to bleach her hair and leave it an Antarctic white color.

Hell, even her eyebrows were WHITE.

Who the hell did-

“KATE!” There was a mad banging at her door. “Are you okay?! We heard you scream! Did the madman with the gamma ray gun get you too!?”

Nathan…” She growled, bent on revenge, she stomped up to the door. “You are so-“She never finished her sentence.

Before her was Nathan, but his hair was short; unbelievably short. It was just long enough to lay flat on his head and not stick up. And it was brown.

Karen looked odd. She was… Blue. Or, pale… No… Blue... No... Dead-blue-pale… Yes…

Turning blue, yes that was what fit her best.

“What the hell happened?” She questioned. Forgetting she looked at all different. Her eyes shot to Karen. “Um… Did you... Get trapped in a freezer?”

Karen didn’t look at all pleased with Kate’s statement. She seemed to turn purple (of all colours) in anger.

“No. I didn’t. I woke up like any normal person.” She looked angrily at Nathan. “The same lunatic that gave a random chemo treatment to him turned me into a corpse. God forbid I sparkle in the sunlight.”

She shouldn’t have snickered, but she did.

“Your hair is white…” Nathan faintly noted.

“Yes... I noticed.” Kate frowned. “Remember? I screamed.”

“I would’ve, but I’m a man. That’s inappropriate.”

“So that night a couple of years ago-“Karen was cut off by Nathan giving her the finger.

There was a long pause where the three of them just looked at each other.

“What happened?” Kate finally blurted out the questioned all of them were wondering.

~ * ~

Awkward changes! Yay! I tag River.. Er, Pichu Luver. Anyways, Kate rents the basement from her character Nathan, or whoever owns that house. XD Up to her to decide.

Anways, its five days after the initial ‘change’. Your physical appearance will begin to mimic that of the character you picked.

You have to tag somebody, so everyone have fun tagging. XD Interaction is key~ Just make sure to check the Away Tower!

Note: If you chose opposing genders, be ready for a slow, awkward change. I don’t want any direct mentions of HOW awkward. --; At this point you’ll still be your original gender.

Starm in the House Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    Nayia Waterflower aka starmie44's Avatar

Wink Re: underGROUND {Begin}

Name: Isabella Danvers
    Gamertag: UltraVioletta
    Appearance:
    5'4", toned and busty, what people would call an hourglass figure. Her hair is straight, goes to her shoulder blades and is cut in layers. It's such a shade of dark brown that it's almost black, streaked with golden tones. Her eyes are a bright jaded green with specks of amber and skin-tone ivory, lightly touched by freckles.
    She wears what she likes and what suits her body type. Always wears low cut jeans that are either skinny or flared. The only time you'd caught her in shorts is when working out and sometimes a skirt when clubbing, but besides that, even on a hot summer day, its jeans.
    She's more open with her shirt style, but as casual wear you'd see her in some colored tank top with lace on the bottom or top, being layered by a form fitting graphic t-shirt that has a low cut neck. Since she's thinks that she is short, she tends to always wear a three inch heel (unless working out), be it boot or sandal and has perfected the art of running in them as if she is wearing running shoes.
    Acessories are usually a necklace and some dangly earrings, having found that bracelets and rings are more of a annoyance so will only wear them out clubbing or on special days.
    Personality:
    Isabella is one of those girls who is known for being friendly to everyone, open-minded, cheerful, playful, good humored and tries to look on the bright side. She's extremely patience even to things that annoy her like ignorance people, but people who know her have seen that when her patience finally snaps, you better run. She's as patience as she is stubborn.
    She has always been known to be mature and knowledgeable for her age since she was young, making her someone that her friends and acquaintances go to with problems or when they need advice. She never understood why people felt comfortable around her and just guessed it was because she was a good listener and tried to see the whole picture.
    When it comes to guys, she's comfortable around them since she's grown up dealing with them. It's when guys see her as something besides friends that she gets shy or uncomfortable. She was never good at taking compliments, not knowing how to react to them and usually ends up looking away embarrassed. She does have her rare courageous moments when she'll be playful and sexy, but a thing like asking a guy out has always been something that she would always be afraid to do.
    Chosen Game: FFVII
    Chosen Character: Tifa Lockheart
    History:
    Gaming is an activity that 'runs' in the family. Her father, older brother and all her older male cousins did it. It was a family activity and being the only girl in the new generation, she found a need to prove herself at a young age so she could fit in and spend time with her family. As a young child, she started by watching them play, analyzing the game play since she rarely got to join in, then she would play when her family would go to do something else. This method made it so she could quickly adapt to games and would leave her family surprised when they played against her to learn that her wasn't a button smasher and would occasionally beat them in a match, or beat a boss that they couldn't beat cause of growing frustration.
    As the two player systems were put aside for the new ones that aloud four players, she got to play more with her family then with the computer graphic villains. Of course she was still young, being eleven at the time she still wasn't a hard challenge for the teenagers, but she again was learning quickly, and she entertained them during the times she was able to make a surprise kill, outshot someone, or win a race.
    By the time she was a teenager, her family didn't view her as a girl that they needed to go easy on, but a gamer on equal standings as themselves. Now having set her ground, she tried different genres then the fighting, shooter and racing games that her family mostly played, and learned that her favorite genre was RPG styles that had good stories, something she thought was because she enjoyed reading as a pastime. Gaming had turned from a way of proving herself into something she loved, a break from reality. Even as she moved away for university along with her cousins, they all still played online.
    With the banned, her family getting together online for such activities was over. Her father, being from a generation that didn't have video games since childhood was mad, but able to get over it and move on. Her older cousins, brother and she didn't. Some participated in a few demonstrations, but seeing how things were not going to change by the use of such actions, the family decided to lay low till they found another option. It was her favorite cousin Mike that learned about underGROUND and told the others, and soon they were all members. She was the only one of her family there when that woman arrived while she was replaying one of her favorite RPG games.
    Other: Her friends call her Bella. She's also addicted to good coffee and owns her own espresso machine, but that doesn't stop her from hitting a cafe since she likes the atmoshpere.
    When fighting spiders in games, she does tend to tense up, will scream if surprised, and when attacking she'll have her eyes 90% closed so that it becomes a blur and becomes 'less scary'.
    She has a BA in English, and is now in her second year of getting her Masters.

June 25th, 2011
    11:47 PM
    underGROUND warehouse ‘Hyrule’
    ~*~*~*~*~*~

Isabella picked up her IPod that was resting on her lap and fast forward to a different song. When it came to old style RPG grinding, the game music tends to get boring after a few hours. She learned quickly that muting the TV and having her own playlist going was a good way to survive grinding with her sanity still in tack. It’s also a good way to keep her focus on the game instead of letting your eyes wonder to the distractions around her. People and games where everywhere in the warehouse and if she let herself get distracted by someone else’s game play, then she would get nowhere with her own.

She glanced out of the corner of her eye towards the digital clock on the wall and sighed in disappointment. “Where does the time go…?” She muttered under her breath. She missed the old days when she could stay up playing videogames until dawn, but gave herself a quick reminder that if it wasn’t for underGROIND, she wouldn’t even have this. UnderGROUND is something that she’s truly grateful for.

Shifting her position on the couch, she reached out for her take out coffee mug with one hand while steering her character towards a save point with the other. It was while sipping her coffee that she took notice of something odd. Her controller was warmer than her coffee; a lot warmer. It wasn’t as if her coffee had cool down that much between her last sip two minutes ago. Hell, how can a controller start to overheat so quickly that it was warmer than her coffee she got twenty minutes ago in an insolated take out mug?

Raising a questioning eyebrow at the PS3 controller, she went about shifting it to different angles wondering if it was defective. This has never happened to her before. It’s not like it was the room temperature causing the electronics to overheat since the Illusive Man made it so the warehouse had great air circulation.

Oddly enough, the controller answered her questioning look by going back to its normal temperature a few seconds later.

“What the….” Isabella frowned down at the offensive object for a few seconds than glanced at her coffee mug. “I must really be tired if I’m considering switching to decaf after dark.” She murmured, double checking that her game was saved than shutting off the PS3.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    June 30th, 2011
    10:47 AM
    Isabella’s Apartment

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Isabella has been up the last two hours… not so much awake as in physically dragging her body around the apartment. For the last few days she’s been feeling like hell. She been forcing herself to go to classes even though she was dizzy and her eyes have been burning making it hard to focus, let alone take notes. It had gotten so bad that even her Profs have been giving her worried looks and stating how pale she looked. She didn’t bother mentioning to them that her skin looked as strange as it felt, like something was moving underneath it.

She ended up going to the on campus doctor who said there was a bug going around and that the best thing for it was bed rest. So after getting a doctor’s note to give to her professors and arranged a friend in each class to send her a copy of their notes via e-mail, Isabella has spend the last eighteen hours of her life in bed.

She couldn’t sleep anymore even if she wanted to. She was now sitting at her computer desk with a blanket wrapped around her, staring at the essay she had been working on for the last hour. Even through the dizziness and her burning eyes, she had managed to force out half a page of decent writing. She considered that good progress while going through such torture. Isabella sighed, her right hand going up to massage her forehead as she closed her eyes to let them rest for a minute.

She stared down at the blonde haired man hanging on the broken ends of the bridge. The gab was too far between them. There was no way she could get to him in time, not while he was struggling to hang on with one hand. Panic struck in her chest making it hard for her to breathe. She could tell he was hanging on just for her, composed as he spoke soothing words to her while telling someone behind her to take care of her. His blue eyes were locked on her own the whole time.

Why were his eyes glowing? She didn’t understand it. So strange, yet his voice was nice, like he was passing his calm attitude to her. A noise to her left, so loud. It was like an explosion. She blinked in surprise, feeling the heat coming towards her left side as the man with the glowing eyes let go.

Panic and sorrow tore through her chest as she pressed her body to the ground, stretching her upper body over the edge, gripping it with one hand and reaching out to him in a despite attempt to grab the falling man’s hand. Tears pained her eyes as a large, glove covered hand grabbed her shoulder, pulling her back to the safely of a vest covered chest. The man was using his body to protect her from the heat to the flames, squeezing her shoulder in a comforting manner in hopes to protect her from her lose as well.

Isabella jumped, almost falling back in her chair. She grabbed the arms in surprise trying to steady herself and let out a sign of relief when it worked. ‘Okay…. Since when do my daydreams become so unpleasant and so…. Realistic? I need some caffeine…’

Isabella went to stand up just to have her hair sharply pulling her head back, causing her to stay seated. Rubbing the back of her head, she looked over her shoulder to see what had pulled her hair.

“What the hell?” She cried out while staring down at her hair. It was flowing down her back way past where it was suppose to end. It was so long that she was sitting on it, which explained what had pulled her hair. Bracing her arms on the handles of her chair, she lifted herself up a few inches before getting up completely. Now that she had safely gotten out of her chair without ripping the hair out of her scalp, she raced out of her bedroom into the bathroom and stared at herself in the full length mirror.

She hair was past her butt! The last time her hair was this long was back in third grade. Grown women with hair as long as this were rare. Isabella even remembered seeing someone at the mall with hair this long and half of it looked damaged from lack of proper hair care.

She reached back, pulling her hair over her shoulder and running her fingers through it. It felt silky and smooth. There was no damage. Just healthy, glossy hair…. That went down to her butt! Where were her layers? Her golden highlights? Were those bangs? How in the world did her hair grow double its length over night?

“At least it looks nice….” She thought out loud and flipped it back over her shoulder, running her fingers through her roots. “No hair extensions, so it has to be real… what the….” She turned to the side, her eyes examining her figure. “Why does my chest look a bit bigger?” She brought her hands to her chest to check and see if she was imaging things. “They don’t feel bigger. Must be my headache making me see things… but the hair is real.”

Baffled and perturbed by her new mysterious hair, she wobbled into the kitchen to get a fresh cup of coffee. Slipping onto the bar stool Isabella popped some painkillers and sipped her coffee, her mind wandering through the events of the past five days. The doctor did say that something was going around, but would it be the cause of her hair growth? If so, there were probably others who were experiencing some abnormal effects to being sick.

She tilted her head to the side in thought, mildly conscious of the river of hair moving across her whole back. The thought of carrying around a hairbrush and elastics caused a pout to play on her lips. Shaking the thought from her head, she continued to analyze the problem at hand.

As the cup of coffee was depleted, she came to the conclusion that all the logical explanations to what was happening to her didn’t fit into the puzzle. That would mean that only the impossible could explain whatever was happening. She just needed to continue to stay calm. They were probably others out there that may be going through less then pleasant reactions to this sickness then her impossible hair grown.

Taking one last sip of her coffee, Isabella went to grab her cell phone. If her crazy theory was true, then she had a good idea who else would be sick. Isabella was healthy until the morning after her last visit to the underGROUND warehouse ‘Hyrule’, so maybe there was some kind of chemical reaction that’s fumes got into the air they were breathing. Or maybe something else just as ridiculous happened down there.

Whatever happened didn’t matter at that point. What matter was calling other members of the underground that she knows to see if her assumption was true. Whoever was at Hyrule the night of the twenty-fifth may be sick like herself. If so, then things like hair growth and weird daydreams may be the least of their problems.

Scrolling through her contacts, she pressed the talk button on the first underground contact she came upon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Sorry it's so long. I'm a detail kind of gal. ;P

Tag to whoever wants a phone call from Bella. It's opened to several people. ^.^ Bella also lives in a small apartment building off of downtown, so if anyone wishes to live in the same apartment complex, they can.
    It's a four story building with underground parking. There is about six apartments per floor, each floor sharing a laundry room. Apartments include a fair size living room, a eat in kitchen, medium size bathroom and one bedroom a good size for a couple sharing a one, all attached by a hallway.
    Last edited by Nayia Waterflower aka starmie44; 5th April 2010 at 09:09 PM.

TPM RPG & Character Tracking:
    Nayia Waterflower Lapras Valley High ~ Prestigious boarding school life done Trainer Style!
    Isabella Danvers underGROUND ~ Gamers playing against the law suddening start turning into characters from the last videogame they played!
    Esyllt Teardhrin Light Illuminate: Sign Ups ~ Magic Weavers and Sword Users train in the White Tower...

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: underGROUND {Begin}

Name: Nicholas Madigan
    Gamertag: Hatter
    Appearance: Standing at about 6 foot with a lean build, and a bit of an uneven tan (his lower arms and face are tanned, the rest of him isn’t. He has messy pale brown hair which falls down to his shoulders, rather friendly blue eyes behind a pair of glasses, and some slight stubble. His clothing tends to change though he seems to favour t-shirts (any colour) and long pants (that are NOT jeans. He doesn’t really like jeans), and a pair of white sneakers.
    Personality: Normally quiet when you first meet him. When he opens up he’s a jovial, laid back sort of person. Normally non violent, his bark’s worse than his bite, and he tends to rant when angered about something. He has a bit of a selective memory. He can remember parts of a game’s plot with ease, yet can possibly forget if he locked a door or not five minutes ago. Overall, he’s a nice guy who’s easy to get along with.
    Chosen Game: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
    Chosen Character: Master Xehanort
    History: Nicholas is a passionate gamer, always wanting to try any new game he hears about, though he’s more inclined towards a good story more than anything else. Needless to say, when the gaming ban came in, Nicholas was one unhappy camper. He took part in numerous demonstrations, but thankfully avoided arrest. When he heard of underground, he was more than happy to join up. He could enjoy the games he loved, and at the same time to take down the assholes who banned them in the first place.
    Other: Playing video games doesn’t create psycho killers…BANNING THEM DOES!

---------------------------------------------
    June 25th, 2011
    11:47pm
    underGROUND warehouse “Hyrule”
    ---------------------------------------------

Nicholas sat back, his feet propped up on the table as his fingers flew over the controls of the PSP he was playing. He had gotten there late and all the consoles were taken, not that it affected him too much. There were plenty of good hand helds around the place, so right now he was playing the PSP. He paused to glance at his watch.

“Damn, almost time to go is it?” He silent wished he could smuggle the PSP home with him, but he knew better. He didn’t want to risk any of the authorities finding out about this place. He gave a soft sigh before reaching for the can of soda he had sitting next to him.

Odd. The can had been sitting there for about 20 minutes, but it felt really really cold. Or was it…

He looked at the PSP. Yes, that was it. It was the PSP getting hotter. I mean really hot! Was the thing overheating? Nicholas quickly shut it off and put it down, waiting a few moments before touching it again. Strange, it had gone back to its proper temperature.

“Odd,” he murmured before realisation hit him, “Damn! I didn’t get to save!” He gave a defeated sigh before getting up.

“Oh well. Next time then.”

-------------------------
    June 30th, 2011
    1:46pm
    Nicholas’ Apartment
    -----------------------------

Even after five days, Nicholas’ head was still throbbing. He didn’t know why, but the young man had been feeling like crap for the past five days. Throbbing headache, sore joints, and little to no will to do anything other than lay in bed.

Of course, one could not simply lay in bed all day and the young man was forced to pull himself out of bed occasionally throughout the day. Whether to go to the bathroom, eat or drink something, or watch tv.

Today though, Nicholas had no reason to get up, and was simply laying in bed, trying to will the pain to simply go away. Wasn’t five days enough?

He stood there, hands behind his back as he watched the battle going on in front of him. One was a man with brown, slightly spiky hair, and the other was a woman with blue hair. Their outfits were unusual, with some pieces of armour incorporated into it. Both appeared to be wielding unusual sword like weapons. They looked like keys.

There was something about the man. He could almost sense something coming off of him. Darkness? Whatever it was, it was helping him gain the upper hand in this conflict. Eventually he managed to overpower and disarm his opponent. At that point a third man announced that the fight was over.

Nicholas blinked a couple of times as he came back to reality. Well…that was a strange dream. Oddly enough his headache seemed to subside a bit. It was still there, but not as bad now. Well, since he was feeling a bit better, he may as well get up. Now that he thought about it, a shower would do him some good as well. He hadn’t bathed ever since he fell sick and he was starting to stink.

He pulled himself from his bed and trudged into the bathroom. However, he stopped when he glanced at himself in the mirror. He stared at himself for a few minutes before finally uttering:

“When the heck did I get a tan?”

His skin had turned into a dark bronze, much darker than any tan he had gotten in his life. He looked at his hands to make sure it wasn’t just the mirror. Nope, his skin had gone dark as well. He quietly returned to his bedroom to make sure his bed hadn’t been replaced with a tanning bed without him noticing.

“What the heck…?” he muttered, completely confused. At that point his phone rang. He quietly picked it up and answered.

“Hello?”

Nicholas? It was Isabella from underGROUND.

“Oh, hey. How are you?”

”Um, could be better. Um, listen, have you been feeling ill lately?”

“Um, yeah, I have. Why, have you?”

Um, you can say that. Listen, has anything weird happened…to your hair?

Nicholas rose an eyebrow in confusion. His hair?

“Um, no. Though something weird has happened.”

”What?

“Um, I think you should probably come down here and see for yourself.”

There was a pause, as if she was saying “Oh no, I’ve seen what your apartment’s like.” Nicholas then sighed.

“Fine. I’ll come to you then…”
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

Hardcore Casual Gamer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Name: Lawrence Tom Wilson
    Gamertag: Seeker
    Appearance: Has short, messy jet black hair, and hazel brown eyes. Stands roughly at 5' 10" with a fairly average build. Wears standard oval-shaped glasses. Doesn't care much about how he looks clothing-wise so long as what he wears is practical, convenient, and not too expensive. He is often seen wearing some form of green on his person, most likely on his shirt, casual jeans or pants, and shoes that fit the weather outside, since he knows that even gamers need to get out in the sun sometimes.
    Personality: Lawrence is pretty much calm, cool, and collected when doing pretty much anything but playing video games. When he does play video games, he gets really serious, and absolutely hates it when something doesn't go right with a game, especially RPGs, and will complain and/or get angry and/or frustrated by the fact that the computer A.I. is just mocking him sometimes when he can't what he wants from the game. However, he only really does his "freak-out mode" for mainly franchise-based games.
    Chosen Game: Muramasa: The Demon Blade
    Chosen Character: Kisuke
    History: Lawrence was a student at a local community college before the gaming ban hit worldwide. He was inspiring to become a writer of sorts hoping that he could one day write books to appeal to his reading audience. One of his main inspirations for becoming an author was the detailed stories written within most RPG games that he grew up with. When the gaming ban hit, he voiced complaints along the lines of "If you're going to ban video games, why not ban books and movies as well since they also involve imagination and the governments wouldn't want anyone to have any imagination whatsoever, would they?" He quickly joined the underGROUND shorty after his complaints fell on deaf ears and has been writing continuously to get gaming back into the public eye ever since his initiation.
    Other: Collects strategy guides in his spare time when not writing or gaming.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

June 25th, 2011
    11:47 P.M.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Lawrence was kicking back and relaxing in his own chair with his headphones attached to the T.V. screen humming and whistling away to his personal favorite tune of one of the few games that didn't make him all serious over trivial things. He technically already beaten the game and gotten all the endings and all the items necessary from it, a rare occurrence in his case, now he just wanted to relax to his favorite tune.

Of course, he knew that now that he gotten all he wanted from the game, it was time to move on to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance a game he already already finished but started again on Normal difficulty so that he could get the bonus stuff from it's sequel, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

'How was I supposed to know you couldn't get the bonus stuff if you beat the game on Easy?' he thought to himself. 'The one good thing about replaying it though is the bonus stuff you get during future playthroughs, so I guess that makes up for the inconvenience, I guess.'

Out of habit, he took out his cell phone to check the time. 'Getting kinda late,' he noticed. 'Better wrap it up and call it a night. It's a good thing I finally finished the game, got everything possible, and already saved the data too.' As he was about to reach for the Wii-Mote that he kept close aside for this particular game where he preferred using the GameCube controller, he noticed something odd about it. It felt warm.

Lawrence raised an eyebrow. 'My controller never gets warm whenever I play a game. I take frequent breaks from the game itself, so it makes sense that it shouldn't be warm. Why is it warm now?' Almost as soon as he finished his train of thought, the controller cooled down back to normal. 'Curiouser and curiouser.' he quoted turning off the Wii.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

June 30th, 2011
    11:00 A.M.
    Lawrence's Apartment

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"Ugh... Earth to me..." Lawrence groaned as he woke up from his bed. He was not feeling in the best of shape for the past couple of days. Every time he woke up it felt like he had drank a gallon of very strong alcoholic beverages in one's sitting the previous night, even though he never touched one in his life as of yet. And after he got out of bed, he lacked the energy to do anything but eat, drink, read, and sleep.

Lawrence scratched his head as he slowly hobbled towards his bathroom recalling his dream from last night.

In the tallest room Tower of Edo Castle located in Musashi, sword sheathed behind him, he stared at the scene before him. The woman that he loved was on the ground, helpless and weak, as though her life was slowly fading away right before his very eyes.

"How insolent of you to come before me!" A deep voice bellowed. He looked up from his beloved's body to see the only other person in the room besides him and her, the man who had started this whole mess, the one who fell his one true love, the person who's thirst for power was unquenchable: Tokugawa Tsunayoshi.

"You are too late." the shogun continued. "I just landed a death blow on Kagami's detestable daughter. Perhaps because it loathes her so much, Kuzuryu shines brighter from drinking her blood. Edo will surely sink into the ground. So be it! That is the Kuzuryu Blade's wish!" A flash of light lit the room for an instant, as if lightning just struck. "This energy has pierced all the worlds! The path to the divine has opened up!"

'Why in the world did that dream resemble exactly the first part of the climax to his standard final battle and why I was him, I'll probably never know.' Lawrence thought to himself as he finally reached the bathroom. 'Not to mention I remembered that dream in every single detail, which I never do for my dreams.'

After quickly brushing his teeth, he set about to waking himself up with a wet towel. After he did so, he noticed something odd as he looked at himself close in the mirror. "I have bags in my eyes?" he questioned out loud. "How is that possible? I've slept more in these past 5 days than I normally do in the same time period." He took another look. "And the back of my hair is somehow gray and white... and somehow I'm a little more muscled. Both of those shouldn't happen in 5 days, especially considering I haven't done anything stressful or workout at all in that time."

His cell phone then rang from the counter of his bed and Lawrence went out of the bathroom to pick it up. "Hi-yo. Who's calling?"

"Hi Lawrence, it's Rain. From underGround and school?"

"Hey Rain. So why the call?"

"Uh... did you notice anything... odd about you when you woke up?"

"Yeah, a lot of things like you, a doctor-in-training would consider impossible considering the circumstances. I even find it impossible, and I'm an English Major! Er... why do you ask?"

Believe it or not, the same thing has happened to me.

I figured since Asilynne's character was studying to become a doctor, she would be a community college and/or college student and thus know Lawrence from school as well as underGROUND, so tag Asilynne.

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

~~~~~~~~
    Chris Rampart
    2011.06.25 - 23:42
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "Hah, Talim? You're going down, bud…" the guy said with a sneer. I had been quietly playing Soul Calibur IV when he had come over and insisted on challenging me. So I chose my favorite character to have him jeer at me.

I shrugged, "Maybe I am. I don't know your style so you could easily have a few tricks up your sleeve that might beat me." His smirk turned into a half-frown at my calm response, but then he focused on the game again, choosing Nightmare.

'So let's see how he handles the big and heavy…' I thought to myself, not even letting my face change. Ten seconds into the first round, I had already decoded his basic playing style and was countering most of his moves. I let him get the victory on the first round and his overconfidence beamed out of him like a lighthouse; however, I did this so I could analyze every move he made based on every one of mine.

His smirk was quickly wiped from his face as I then proceeded to smack him down with two Perfect victories in a row. He clenched his jaw in an annoyed frown, "Grr, you got lucky because Talim's fast. Best two of three!" He then selected Raphael, and was utterly shocked as I simply wiped him with two Perfect victories, not letting him touch me once.

He cried out in frustration, practically slamming the controller down on the couch before stomping away from me and out of the warehouse. I shrugged, then continued playing my Story Mode. It was about a minute later, gripping the controller tightly as I tried desperately to beat the boss I had been working on for the last couple days, that I suddenly noticed that the controller felt warmer than normal. In fact, it almost felt outright HOT.

"What the…" I cried out, and was so distracted that I lost control of Talim and got another beat-down from the boss. As Talim cried out in defeat, I felt the controller suddenly drop down to a more normal temperature.

"I must be losing it…" I said, saving the game and walking out of the warehouse towards home.
    ~~~~~~~~
    ----------
    ~~~~~~~~
    2011.06.30 - 10:30
    Chris' duplex apartment
    ~~~~~~~~
    "Ughhh…" I moaned, waking up with yet another headache. I glanced over at the bright red numbers that screamed '10:30' at me from my nightstand. The past week had been like this, waking up with a splitting headache that had gotten worse as the days went on. I had attempted to go to school early in the week only to be told to stay home and do what I could to get better.

Fortunately I had had some company in my misery, as my downstairs neighbor and fellow classmate and underGROUND-er Amelia had fallen ill with the same sickness. We kept each other entertained with being shut-in. I reached over to my MacBook Pro and pulled it to me, checking to see if Amelia was awake and online yet. With a frown I saw that she wasn't yet, so I switched to my code-editing program and continued working on the job I had. Fortunately my income didn't have to suffer because of my sickness.

I was watching a man, slightly taller than me with flaming red hair, as he looked sternly at me. He was insisting that the sword would save his people. I found myself yelling back that it wasn't going to be what he thought it was, that it would corrupt him before he could use it to the good he wanted to.

Before I knew it, he had turned and was running away, towards where the sword supposedly was. I started to give chase, but he was too fast for me and soon I couldn't see him anymore.

My computer made a noise and my eyes snapped open suddenly. I hadn't even realized I had dozed off and started dreaming. It took me a few seconds to register that the sound had been someone signing onto a messenger service. I switched over and saw that it was, indeed, Amelia. I went to IM her, but she beat me to it:

A: hey did you have something weird happen to you??
    C: Umm.. I don't think so..
    A: check ur hair

Curious, I reached a tentative hand to my head. I nearly screamed as I felt long locks of hair attached to my head. Well, they seemed to only be a foot or so long, but considering I had only an inch the day before it was definitely not normal.

C: wtf? It's longer now!
    A: what?? mines shorter!
    A: i thought we had a serial haircutter breaking into our houses but yours grew?!
    C: Yeah…
    A: thats.. impossible! let me come up I need to see

She signed off, and I went to get out of bed to let her in. Unfortunately I must have been really sick because I misjudged the distance to the floor and fell to the ground. I wasn't hurt that badly and got up, only to realize another shock: either my room had grown overnight or I had shrunk! I compared myself to the lamp that I could normally see over and saw that I had probably shrunk about four inches.

Now I was starting to feel as if this was all just a dream, despite the fact that I had just had that short dream sequence earlier. The only thing was nothing else seemed out of place at all; dreams usually had at least some sort of discrepancy with the real world.

Dream or not, Amelia was probably still going to be waiting downstairs, either because she really was there or because I had dreamed that she would. I walked over to the door, feeling a bit intimidated by all the now-taller furniture in my apartment.

I opened my door to find myself suddenly staring Amelia straight in the eye. This caught me by surprise because normally she was half a foot shorter than me, and I didn't think I had shrunk quite half a foot yet. Her hair was indeed short, coming only a couple inches out of her head. It was also a lot darker than it normally was.

"W-what happened to us?!" she cried out suddenly.
    ~~~~~~~~
    (There's a Becki tag. Also I'm assuming that the drastic shrinking will also be a gradual change.)

~~~~~~~~
    Kat Blairre
    2011.06.25 - 23:50
    ~~~~~~~~
    "Ow!" I yelled out suddenly, nearly dropping the SNES controller I had in my hand. The controller had suddenly gotten really warm in my hands, and I had just barely not dropped it by catching it with my nails. I quickly tapped the START button and paused my game, then tentatively touched the controller. It was back to being it's normal warmth again, so I chalked it up to being tired and moved to a save spot to save before turning the game off.

As I headed towards the door, I saw Sam also leaving. I headed over to catch up to him. He saw me and slowed, then as I got closer, asked, "So I take it you're having fun here?"

"Yeah," I said with a smile, "I just wish I could come more often, but my schedule really doesn't allow it. I mean, just tomorrow I have work, gymnastics, and cheer practice."

"You are rather busy," Sam said with a chuckle. "You better get home so you can get some sleep."

"Yeah, I should," I said, and as if on cue, I let out a huge yawn. "I'll see you later!" I said, waving as we split towards our different residences.
    ~~~~~~~~
    ----------
    ~~~~~~~~
    2011.06.30 - 10:50
    Kat's 5th floor studio apartment
    ~~~~~~~~
    "Owie…" I muttered, curling up under my blanket, "this is seriously not fun anymore." I had been out of commission for the past five days, after the first day of getting somewhat dizzy at work, then nearly falling to the ground many times at gymnastics, finally deciding to call out of cheer practice so as not to actually hurt myself there.

The rest of the week had been calling out left and right, and I was thinking how both my academics and my wallet were going to suffer. I had probably used up all my paid sick days just this week, so if I had to miss any more I wasn't going to be making any money. As I thought of all this, I started dozing off again…

I was sneaking around on a flying broom, trying to find my way into the hidden sanctum of elves. I somehow knew the way, but also knew that I had to find a route that wouldn't let me be discovered. I kept flying, trying to avoid the sentries, but I couldn't avoid them all and they captured me, bringing me to a group of elves who wanted to kill me for trespassing.

But then one of the elves came forward and pleaded for my life. Someone I had never seen nor heard before, yet seemed very familiar and seemed to like me a lot. Amazingly the elves listened, letting me free to meet…my mother? Was my mother an elf? And for some reason I was crying, but they were tears of joy.

I woke with a start to my phone ringing, so I reached out and grabbed it from my night table, pushed the Talk button, and said, "Hello?" with a very hoarse voice.

"Um, Kat?" It was Sam on the phone. "Have you noticed anything…strange or different?"

"Not really, been in bed all morning…" I muttered, punctuating it with a yawn.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I know my eyes weren't yellow yesterday…" That caught my attention. "I called you because I think this is related to something that happened in the underGROUND almost a week ago."

"Wait, wait," I said, "you had something happen in the uG too? Like your controller getting really warm or something?"

"Actually, exactly that. That's why I called you because I wanted to see if I was the only one that was affected."

"Well, let me get up and see if my eyes are still blue…" I muttered, throwing the blanket off of me. I got off the bed and as I did a flow of pink hair followed me. Nervously I grabbed a lock, pulling hard enough to confirm that it was indeed my hair. "Um, I just got up and I have pink hair. Much longer pink hair."

"…What?!" Sam sounded absolutely shocked. "Hold on, stay there, I'll be right over."
    ~~~~~~~~
    (Tag for Kirst now. Sleep for me now.)
    SteamID: virtualplay
    PSN Handle: VirtualPlay1337

VirtualPlay: they were checking your age so they could legally allow the guys to ogle you?
    ChobiChibi: yeah I guess XD

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Name: Nathan Conner
    Gamertag: FacelessNewscast
    Appearance: Lanky build, definitely not the athletic type. Stands about 5'11, when he's not slouched over. Has ink under his nails a lot as he uses an old typewriter to write his stories and writes notes with a fountain pen. Has long, light blond hair (chin length) that always looks ruffled like he couldn't be bothered to brush it. Though a silver beret usually covers it. His average looks are helped greatly by his bright blue eyes. Usually wears blue jeans and a white tee, with a overlarge plaid shirt over top (light blue, red and green checks). He wears gray sandals as often as he can.
    Personality: Just an average dude, usually calm, doesn't bother anyone and generally drifts though life. Enjoys writing but is not passionate about anything. Even his freelance work is what catches his interest at the moment and he sees if he can sell the resulting research. Generally friendly and easy to get along with, often finds himself the confidant as he is good at keeping secrets. However he does not like people who are unnecessarily rude, anger easily or need their demands met immediately as he finds them irritating and immature.
    Chosen Game: Assassin's Creed 2
    Chosen Character: Desmond Miles
    History: He's a writer and the editor of a major short story monthly magazine. He also freelances as a journalist for newspapers. He wasn't particularly bothered when the ban came, merely handed in his games and consoles. His sister however was enraged and would not stop talking about free will and rights. When one day she stopped complaining he got curious and followed her to a underGROUND meeting. Intrigued he plays games there now and again in his spare time but isn't committed to any resistance. It's just a convenient place to go and hang out.
    Other: Brother to Karen.

Nathan Conner/FacelessNewscast

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Nathan had not been having a good week. It had started the morning after he had gone to the underGROUND. Just a normal day's excursion he thought. He'd just sold an article talking about society's current fascination with vampires and felt the need to celebrate. Of course contemporary government view held that celebration via scurrying over virtual walls killing people was a bad thing. Personally he didn't understand it, it's not like he hurt anything. Well besides his thumb and the controller as he was trying to run faster.

When he was racing through the streets trying to beat the Thief's time, and his controller got almost painfully hot, that was what he put it down too. Stress on the machinery. He cursed, paused the game and lightly gripping it between his thumb and forefinger, shook it. Then he blew on it and apparently that worked because it cooled back down to normal.

“Must be broken...” he mumbled and saved his game before powering off the Playstation. Glancing at his watch he noticed the time and raised his eyebrows. “Right, next time I play a video game for six hours straight I need to remind myself I need a life.” He shrugged his bag onto his back and quickly left, pausing only to tell the electronics expert about the controller problem.

“Nathan!”

He turned and saw his sister running up to him. Beaming (her t-shirt proclaiming “Humpty Dumpty was pushed.”) as she reached him she said, “Can I get a ride? Mine's already left.”

Nodding he said, “Sure, though I pulled the long straw this week. My car's parked a ways off.” Some people brought cars to the warehouse, but they couldn't all park there as it would draw too much attention. So every week straws were drawn to see who got the closer spots versus the ones farther out.

She frowned briefly but then shrugged. “Ah well, race ya there!” With that she snatched his keys out of his hand and took off into the gloom surrounding the warehouses.

“Karen!”

---

He was running, almost flying over the rooftops. Well not him precisely, but he could feel this body doing it as his ancestor fled from his most recent assassination. It had been a good clean kill this time, not like Alberti. It used to make him feel sick every time he, or well whoever killed someone. But not anymore. He was afraid of that. Of what it might mean. They told him it was normal but... what did they know about normal. Was anything normal? Was he supposed to be doing this? Riding along like some parasite? This wasn't his life, he shouldn't be seeing it. If the world was any part sane anyway.

But Abstergo was three quarters gone-shit-crazy and they had to stop them. For apples. It sounded mad but he had seen.... He sighed mentally. Sixteen had gone mad because of this... could he go the same way?

---

Nathan groggily pulled himself out of his dream. 'That's it, I'm never giving a ride to Karen again.' Nathan had thought this thought many times over the last week. While chasing his sister (who he had no hope in hell of catching but he of course had tried anyway) he had tripped over some sort of item and crashed to the concrete. He had immediately gotten back up as he really didn't want his sister driving his newly rebuilt blue 1986 Jeep Wagoneer (he had the original engine swapped out for a hybrid though, he liked the car, not the money the gas cost him), as she was none to careful with vehicles.

And yes he has a penchant for re-building cars no one else really wants.

He didn't catch her but in the end it didn't matter. She was fumbling with his keys when he came up behind her and she danced away. Holding the keys away from him, a grin momentarily flashed on her face.

“Nuh uh, I'm — Nathan what the hell happened to you?!”

“What?”

“Your face!”

He put a hand up to his admittedly stinging mouth and came away with a decent amount of blood. Apparently he had cut the right side of his upper lip.

“Shit! I fell. I didn't notice I'd...” He peered into his side mirror and blinked at his bloody reflection.

“How could NOT notice?” She gave him a look women like to give men when they they think they are being overly (AKA stupidly) macho. “Moron. Come on, I'll drive.” He returned her 'idiot scowl' with a 'you're kidding right?' but she rolled her eyes.

“I'll be nice to your precious wooden box, I swear. Now in walking wounded twit.” Sighing, he did as he was told. It was just easier that way with his sister. When they drove off they argued about whether he should go to the hospital. He said said no, she said yes (or more accurately she slapped him on the back of his head and drove there, despite his protests he was fine thank you very much). She won.

Ended up he needed a tetanus shot, one stitch and he was told he'd probably get a a scar out of it.

She was smug. He was irritated.

Especially now. He had felt horrible all week and his only consolation was Karen felt just as horrid, if not more so. He blamed the hospital. The glories of his job allowed him to take the dreadful week off with no one to care but the bills; and soak his misery in the hot tub out back. His whole body ached with something like a fever but according to the thermometer, it was minimal. His eyes stung a little and his head just felt funny.

When he woke up this morning the sun shining into his bedroom didn't immediately slam him with a migraine. Tentatively he sat up and on the whole he felt better. His room was a mess but he figured if he was feeling better he could get to it today. Along with the reading he was behind on. He turned to get up when he noticed... let's say a most dreadful sight.

His blond hair was all over his pillow.

As he was not quite awake yet, hopefully you can understand why he did not notice that his hair was not covering his ears as it should have when he first awoke. Meanwhile, not quite believing what he was seeing, he reached up and lightly touched his head.

Then his eyes bugged out of his head.

Then proceeded a highly illogical argument with his sister which ended when their basement tenant screamed. He tugged on a pair of pajama pants over his boxers and crashed down the stairs after his sister (the back of her over-sized tee proclaiming, “...and hibernation is for beauty queens”[the front said “Sleep is for mortals...”).

Oddly enough she looked pale blue... And her hair looked almost brown...

When Kate opened the door Nathan was still staring at his sister. Trying to figure out how she could be blue and almost a brunette. However, Kate's hair had gone from dark brown to white. He couldn't make any intelligent statements at the time, he was too much in shock. Especially as he could really see that yes, his sister was corpse blue. She made light of it, but he could tell she was pretty close to freaking out.

He didn't want to know what he looked like (he had managed not to look in the mirror at the top of the second floor landing on his way down), but he was mildly reassured no one had commented yet, so it must not be too bad.

“What happened?”

Nathan shook his head at her rhetorical question and Karen peered at her own hair.

Definitely distracting herself away from a panic attack.

“I don't know.”

Kate glared at him like it was his fault he didn't have the answers. He just gazed mildly back as he thought about possible side effects of tetanus shots.

“So.” Karen paused huffing her hair out of her face. “Breakfast? The corpse needs feeding and I'd prefer not to feast on you guys just yet.”

Smirking he nodded. “Yeah, everyone thinks better with coffee.”

Kate huffed, “See you upstairs.”

She slammed her door shut (hopefully just in frustration) while Nathan and Karen turned around to go back up at a considerably slower pace, but not any less freaked out. They got back up to their floor (apparently the attic tenants hadn't been awakened by their tromping about, miracle of miracles) and both stared into the full length mirror between their two rooms.

“You know... I think you've got a bit of a tan.” Karen was peering at him and Nathan stepped closer to the mirror. His hair was now only a couple of inches long and undeniably brown. His lip had healed over the week (remarkably fast his doctor had said a few days ago), and now he had a small jagged scar over his right lip. She was right though, he'd been indoor geek pale yesterday. Now he was early spring beige.

“Huh.” he tried to think of something to say about his sister. Her short hair may have gotten a bit shorter and was definitely brown, though darker then his. Her skin had gone from model-perfect-tan to corpse pale. She seriously did look blue. “You've just...”

“Been embalmed.”

They stared at each other. She reached out and tugged on his hair.

“OW!” Laughing she scurried to her room to change. Nathan rubbed his head and went into his, grumbling “Least I know this set's attached.”

Name: Karen Conner
    Gamertag: FaceHitstheFloor
    Appearance: Very thin, not anorexic-ly, but it's obvious she doesn't lift weights very often. Or heavy books for that matter; she gets her exercise by being a competitive runner. She is 5 foot on the dot. She has auburn coloured hair with blond highlights. It is relatively short and frames her heart shaped face. She also has blue eyes, but it's a very strange blue as they appear to be violet (think Elizabeth Taylor). She wears dark blue jeans that flare at the bottom and a white tee that it fitted. It has a design on it of a fish blowing bubbles with funny quotes in the bubbles. Like “I wish my thoughts could lite people on fire” or “It takes skill to trip on a flat surface.” She also wears aviator sunglasses and bright red sneakers.
    Personality: Bright and bubbly one second, to angry and pouting in the other. She is very smart but likes to goof off more then concentrate on one thing at a time. She loves her games, though she rarely finishes any of them. She enjoys life to the fullest and has no cares in the world. Once she believes in a cause though she will throw her whole heart into it. A loyal, if hyper friend that takes a lot of energy to deal with. Does not hold grudges and forgives anyone of their misdeeds. Often accused of being very naďve and hates to be called stupid. She also thinks herself witty(sarcastic), playfully beats anyone who disagrees with her and generally believes the world is her play toy and friend.
    Chosen Game: Halo 3
    Chosen Character: Cortana
    History: She models for a living and when she can be bothered, goes to University. Though she never shows she somehow manages to get B's in her Art course (basing in photography). She reacted to the gaming ban BADLY. She enjoyed her games very much as a stress reliever from her job and when they were gone, she just couldn't get the same high from books. So she was one of the protesters, a very loud one that often ended up in jail. Though she always bailed herself out and went right back to being irritating them(cops). One day she found out about the underGROUND and was much happier. She stopped complaining, continued her life and all is right in the world now.
    Other: Sister to Nathan.

Karen Conner/FaceHitstheFloor
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Karen shut her door and slowly slid to the floor. Staring at her hands she took several deep breaths. Deciding this really didn't help she promptly began hyperventilating.

'Don't panic. Don't panic. Already panicking. Keep thinking. Keep thinking. MASTER you mind. Calm, calm, calm. It's okay, breathe, you're alive. It's okay, it's okay.'

She groaned, “Fuck! I'm a corpse! I am FULLY allowed a freak out!” Promptly scrambling to her feet she jumped on her bed, grabbed a pillow, and screamed into it.

And screamed, and screamed and then screamed some more. It seemed a appropriate thing to do.

She was a corpse. Or something alarmingly similar to one. You didn't go from beautiful bronze to (admittedly) freezer pale overnight in any normal circumstance. She hadn't been feeling at all well since taking Nathan to the hospital but figured she had just caught some bug while waiting for him. Though... her controller had gotten awfully hot when she was trying out that Halo game. She'd never played it before and the third one was the only one free so she'd been rather confused as to the plot. Then of course damn game had malfunctioned so she had to shut it off before figuring out anything.

'Could you get sick from a broken controller? Maybe there had been germs on it...' Wherever she got it, it had felt like a bad case of the flu, so she had just stayed home. She'd also missed out on a photo shoot but considering how she had been feeling, they would have been crap anyway.

Then there was her dream last night. She had been trapped. Trapped in, or on a ship. Oddly she couldn't be sure if she was the ship or on it... Either way there had been these things infesting it. All they wanted to do was eat and they... they were trying to kill someone she cared about. She couldn't stop it and she had been terrified.

She shuddered and abruptly her muffled screams started to break up and turn into sobs. She didn't know what was happening to her and couldn't think of a better way to cope. The doctor had pronounced her fine when she seen him earlier in the week but now...

“Shhhhh. It'll be all right Karen.”

She jumped as Nathan put an arm across her shoulders and hugged her. Attempting to collect herself she of course punched him in the chest.

“A—ass. I could h—have been ch—changing.” She hiccuped as she fought down her sobs. Looking up from her soggy pillow she saw he had changed into a white tee, blue plaid shirt and black jeans

He smirked, “Yes, I'm a moron. Did I ever tell you how thin these walls are?”

She scoffed. “B—bout as thin as the ch—chance you have to run without falling.”

“If I had any pride you would have wounded it. Now come on. Coffee awaits.”

She nodded and let him pull her to her feet. He disappeared out her door and she locked it this time after him. Looking back to the pillow she was tempted to go right back to balling. As she stood there thinking she heard Nathan go down the stairs, mumbling to himself.

“Coffee, lots of sugar. I need a sugar high. Or hope I'm high... that's this is a collective high...”

She giggled trying to imagine Nathan on drugs. The closest he had gotten was the 'sugar giggles' from too much of her killer Koolade. He'd written in that hour possibly the most illogical and funny piece he'd ever sold. It didn't help it had been two in the morning either. They'd both been quite loony.

As her spirits were slightly lifted she pulled on some clothes that were light in colour and hid most of her skin (white long sleeved shirt, gray tee over top "Little soul, big world." and light blue yoga pants). She'd worry about makeup later. She frowned at her hair but decided it wasn't so bad, just not hers (and compared to her skin, it was positively grand). Once brushed she judged herself fit to join the absolutely useless but perhaps calming discussion downstairs, and so traipsed out of her room.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

The three of them (and two tenants from the attic if someone so chooses) will be heading to breakfast.... cause that's the thing to do in this situation.

If someone does not know what I mean by attic:

Re-post from Away topic:

The house in underGROUND is owned by Nathan and Karen, but they're renting out a couple rooms (three story building). They split the second floor between them, but there is two rooms on the third (big attic) and obviously CT's char has the basement. It's an old Victorian house and the stairs to the attic are private but narrow. Like old servants stairs. Karen and Nathan each have their own very small en-suite and there is a common kitchen. Attic rooms are up to the occupiers what they look like/what they have.
    Last edited by Pichu Luver; 10th April 2010 at 01:11 AM.
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Name: Dolores Wattson
    Gamertag: Blackswan
    Appearance: Dolores stands at 5’6”, with a well developed but slightly plump built (she refer to this as ‘big boned’, whatever that means). Her ebony hair reaches her shoulder length, and is in a state of perpetual tangle. Her eyes are dark brown, framed with an old fashioned thick framed glasses that looked like it belong to her grandparent; when she’s not wearing her glasses, she have this rather amusingly clueless look. She usually dress in a pair of jeans and dull coloured shirts, and is almost always seen with some sort of books (be it the good ol books, or those e-books).
    Personality: She is rather warm and friendly, and enjoys talking with all sorts of people – the young, the old, the serious, and so on – although she sometimes enjoy it a tad too much. And then she has this bad tendency to pull of small pranks when no one saw it coming: she seems to rather enjoy this more than talking (except when someone decides to show her a piece of their mind, that is). While she can swing from being friendly to slightly round the bend, she can be thoughtful… sometimes.
    What most don’t immediately see in her is the side where she is (or so she claimed) the open minded and sceptical (and what others would say) masochistic and outright weird. Some would place her somewhere between an intelligent person and a candidate for a straightjacket – you be the judge.
    Chosen Game: Cave Story
    Chosen Character: Quote
    History: Dolores was born into a rather over educated family, with her parents and her four older siblings having all those degrees and doctorates. Not surprisingly, when kids her age were into video games, she was reading all these thick and heavy (and presumably boring) books. And then, in high school, when most at her age would get in trouble for truancy, smoking and the likes, she… well, you could describe her as someone who is fond for looking – or to be more accurate, seeking – all sort of problems. And they’re not particularly one of interest for juveniles (for example, not many would view a dip in a frozen lake as something particularly exciting. Or sane). But of course, like her peer, she learned to do these in secrecy (what they don’t know can’t harm them, she’d say…)
    Speaking of video games, she does play them occasionally, but only recently – she tried her hand on different types, but wasn’t attached to any particular game. Just when video game playing seems to be reaching its peak, along came the ban; since she was not really much of a serious gamer, she was not involved in all those protests, although she couldn’t help but feel extremely suspicious at this whole event (all the more reason for her to question the government). It wasn’t too long before she heard about the even more suspicious underGROUND. While common sense would tell her that she should stay away from the organization, she joined it anyway (she saw it more of an opportunity that would lead to… a lot of interesting possibilities, she hoped).
    Other: Oops, gender bending, are we?

Dolores Wattson
    Cool Cave Story, bro

It was 5 AM, a time reserved for those who either were waking up real early, or for those who, upon pulling off an all nighter, had just looked at the clock and decided that they might as well skip today’s work. Or they might be like Dolores, who was now as sick as… well, a sick person, and was struggling to try to get a good night rest.

It had been going for almost a week now: for the last few days, she wasn’t feeling too great – or, to borrow one of her (also sick) friend’s words, she felt like shit. She was feeling quite drained, and was having some splitting headaches every now and then. She went to the doctor, but they found nothing wrong with her.

Interestingly, she found out that there were others who were sharing her misery. She had heard how those who were now sick were all of about her age, early 20s and all, but she was quick to notice how most of them were fellow underGROUND-ers as well. She didn’t suspect of anything at first, but upon the suggestion of a certain anti-government person from underGROUND, (who was understandably a loon in the eyes of others; incidentally, he is also her aforementioned friend, she gave the incident a bit of consideration.

Now that she thought about it, she had heard how some people complained how they went from being a-okay to becoming sick after one of their session at underGROUND’s Hyrule warehouse, just… 5 days ago, if she remembered correctly. But still, she couldn’t remember anything particularly significant happening at that time. Sure, she had heard a few people complained about something regarding the controllers – she couldn’t remember if she was among them or not – but that sort of thing was normal, wasn’t it?

She began speculating all sort of possible cause for the sickness; they ranged from sensible to being totally outrageous: for all she know, it might just be that someone among them were having a flu… or, it might really be that it was now possible that they have created a virus that could jump from electronic equipment to human.

Tired with thinking, she staggered off. “Well, um… let’s have some… milk, then.”

The whole place was falling apart.

And yet, he knew that it wasn’t the end… somehow, he knew that they had yet to see who was pulling the strings, and he hoped that he still had the time to stop the place from being obliterated.

He jumped down the seemingly bottomless shaft, and as he experienced what felt like an endless fall, wondered if he had actually made a mistake…

Without any bang or crash, he had reached the place. He had a general idea where he was, based on the atmosphere of the area; there was even a signboard there, which he decided to read.

‘Welcome to hell’ it reads.

It would be about seven hours later that Dolores would wake up, having slept in her brother’s small library. And like any good library, this one had a lot of book, but this one had all the books crammed in all possible space available, that it would seem as if the room itself was made out of books.

It was a nice place for – not surprisingly – sleeping, with the room having good air conditioner, a rather out-of-place but comfy sofa, and, most importantly, books with big (and dreary titles) that is guaranteed to make any normal person asleep in a matter of minutes. The room was usually left with the lights on – especially these days, where she was feeling unwell, and decided to read herself to sleep – so she didn’t know what time it was until she went to the kitchen for breakfast. Or, to be exact, a very late breakfast.

She was feeling slightly better now though; she wasn’t feeling extremely tired anymore, and the headache was gone too. Guess all those herbs that she had eaten were finally showing their effects then…

‘Ding!’ The sound of the toaster startled her. It was not that the said item was acting out of ordinary, but it was just… well, how could she explain it? For one thing, she had, for the briefest moment, expected the toaster to shout ‘huzzah!’

And another thing was that she had this urge to smash it to pieces – preferably with shooting projectiles.

She stared at the toaster, mystified. “Now that’s just weird. Marijuana?” Deciding that it was something unreasonable and impractical to smash the toaster, she quickly grab the toast and went for a cup of tea instead.

Then she noticed something out of place.

It was her hair: for some reason, it seems as if they were somehow shorter. Not to mention they were not as messy as they would be, instead appearing as if someone had not only trimmed it for a bit, but had made it so that it was having this sort-of spiky look. And she had just woken up, so it would be rather strange to find her hair this neat.

And… what was this? Her eyes seem to have a certain metallic blue tinge to it. And they were not in that weird squint that gave her the clueless look (she was not wearing her thick glasses now); they made her look somewhat… alert. She looked closer, and noticed another thing: she had looked somewhat paler, as if she had seen a ghost or something of the sort.

Not only that, but she wasn’t as plump too. On the contrary, she was now rather thin. And not just thin, but the lean and mean kind of thin.

“…OK. I didn’t know too much herbs are good for weight loss,” she exclaimed, as she stretched for a bit. It was true though, she never felt this fit… not even when she was out in the wilderness for that short period of time. “Maybe it’s something in the water, though; it’s always in something in the water…”

It felt quite good, she admit. But…

“I’d prefer my old body, thanks,” she said, to no one in particular.

After making further check to see if anything else had changed (she found none) she decided to check out how her anti-government, slightly batty friend from underGROUND was doing.

The phone was immediately picked up on the other side.

“…Dolores?” came the voice, albeit after a brief silence.

“Hi. Mark. So, how? Government still messing with you? You know, I think that might be the case with me here. Just woke up to find myself being different… yeah, that kind of different.”

Imma tagging Roy, yo
    Last edited by darktyranitar; 11th April 2010 at 10:02 AM.
    Please take it easy~

Starm in the House Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    Nayia Waterflower aka starmie44's Avatar

Isabella 'Bella' Danvers
    Isabella's Apartment
    Coffee is my Fuel
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Isabella pressed the ‘end’ button on her cell phone and stared at her hands. Something weird has happened to Nicholas and it wasn’t his hair? Strange thoughts of oversized teeth and watermelon sized feet danced in her mind as a panic attack tickled her chest. Mentally slapping her overactive imagination, she focused on her breathing to keep herself calm. It would do her no good to panic now. ‘Stay calm and focus on the situation at hand. Having a panic attack won’t help anyone,’

Knowing it would only take Nicholas a couple of minutes to get up to her apartment, Isabella lowered her feet to the ground and stepped into her room to get changed. She wasn’t about to have a guy see her in her pajamas and fuzzy slippers, not when they were soiled from cold sweats and germs.

Slipping out of her comfy pajamas she tugged on a pair of low cut skinny jeans, cursing her new hair as it continued to get in the way. She had to put on one of those bras that hooked in the front since her hair kept getting caught with the ones with the hooks on the back. As she hooked it in place, she stared down at herself in confusion. It was like the bra was a little too snug.

‘No, it’s fine. I’m not getting bigger,’ she reassured herself. “It’s just the bra; I’m still a C cup.” Taking a deep breath, she grabbed a turquoise tank top and threw it on, exhaling as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. ‘It’s not noticeable. I’m fine.’ Nodding at her reflection in reassurance, Isabella left her bedroom just in time to hear the knock at the entrance door. Jogging over to it, she opened the door for her friend.

“Hey… you’re bronze.” Isabella stared causing Nicholas to shake his head with a bemused look on his face.

“Yeah, that’s my weird thing,” Nicholas stepped into the apartment, taking off his shoes as he moved towards the kitchen. He’d been over Isabella’s place enough to know that there was always coffee on and that the woman preferred that he act comfortably in her home… as long as it didn’t turn into what his apartment looked like.

Closing the door, she followed the man into the kitchen and prepared both of them some drinks. Nicholas watched her from his perch on one of the barstools, he eyes studying her new hair, waiting till Isabella was settled on a barstool as well. It didn’t take long, but she was faster in starting the conversation.

“So is it just your farmer tan?” She inquired with a smile on her face.

“Um, well, no its not,” Nicholas lifted up the front of his shirt a bit to show her proof that it wasn’t just his usually lower arms and face tan. “And before you ask, yes I checked to see if my bed was replaced by a tanning bed.”

Her smile broke out into a grin at that. “Damn, ruin my fun.” Taking a sip of her refreshed cup of coffee, she analyzed the tan on the man’s body. “But seriously, to go from your normal tone to this would take more than one sitting in a tanning bed. Even the creams and sprays take a lot more than one application to get that color.”

Nicholas raised a questioning eyebrow at that. “And you know this how?”

“Grade twelve prom.” Isabella answered, laughing in embarrassment. “It’s a bad idea to pick an ivory dress when your skin is that same color. I would have been a ghost if I didn’t get a tan.”

Nicholas smiled, shaking his head again his friend. “Should I even ask why you picked that dress?”

“It was pretty.” Isabella pouted, causing Nicholas to chuckle. She is a mature and logical thinker, but Isabella knew that he had learned that her persona is humorous and friendly instead of conceited and matter-of-fact, even when weird things like this were happening. Breaking out of the pout, Isabella smiled and nudged the man’s leg with her foot. “Well, the tan looks pretty good on you. Brings out your eyes,”

“You would find the good in abnormal full body skin discoloration.” Nicholas laughed, than gestured to the girl’s hair. “I can say the same for your new hair.”

“It’s a pain. It’s heavy and gets in the way of everything I do.” Isabella grabbed the at the ends and stared at them. “I’m tempted to cut it off, but with how fast it grew to this length, it may just grow back.”

Nicholas gulped his drink, he’s eyes showing that his mind was considering if such a unusual outcome would happen. “Probably would too. It grew that length for a reason, just like my skin tanned. Why don’t you just tie it back?”

Isabella shrugged, sipping her coffee again. “It won’t really do much at this length, so I’m not going to bother till I go outside.”

Nicholas nodded, looking as if he didn’t completely understand but didn’t bother to ask more into it. Instead, he switched to the problem they both had. “So we both had something weird happen to our appearance, and we both been sick the last few days?”
    Isabella gave a nod of her head, confirming his inquiry. “Yup. Oh right, did you have a weird daydream or something that seemed realistic?”

“I had a dream, yeah.” Nicholas verified, looking as if he was thinking back on it. “It was odd. I was just watching some battle between two people wielding weapons. It was real though, like I was actually there. How about you?” He looked down at the woman next to him.

Isabella lend against the counter, her mind trying to recall her daydream. “I watched a guy fall to his death, not able to help him,” she paused, taking in a breath as she remembered the pain she felt in her chest. “It felt so real... and whoever I was, it felt like I loved him.”
    “Shit,” Nicholas sighed beside her.

Isabella bit her lip, blinking back the tears and keeping her eyes on her mug till she got control of her emotions again. ‘Why am I feeling this way from a dream? It’s not my pain,’ she thought, ‘I didn’t even know the guy…’ She gulped at her coffee, trying to wet her drying throat before speaking again.

“Nicholas, do you think we’re turning into the people we were in our dreams?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

haha, I figured this was a good place to end it without taking up all the conversation ideas ;P Tag Mystic ^.^

TPM RPG & Character Tracking:
    Nayia Waterflower Lapras Valley High ~ Prestigious boarding school life done Trainer Style!
    Isabella Danvers underGROUND ~ Gamers playing against the law suddening start turning into characters from the last videogame they played!
    Esyllt Teardhrin Light Illuminate: Sign Ups ~ Magic Weavers and Sword Users train in the White Tower...