GROUND

Springfield, Massachusetts. A sprawling city that rests on the northern coast of the state. It is home to a multi-millionaire with a taste for gaming.
It’s unknown if he was the founder of underGROUND, but anyone within the resistance knew he endorsed it. He gave the Springfield gamers hope. After he purchased an old warehouse on the coast, he transformed the inside of it into a gamers paradise.

Computers, consoles and every game imaginable was inside, waiting to be played.

underGROUND called him the ‘Illusive Man’, after the character in Mass Effect 2.

June 25th, 2011
11:47 PM
underGROUND warehouse ‘Hyrule

Kate was quiet, sitting on one of the couches, black controller in her hands. She could hear others cursing, cheering and overall being much too loud about something going on. She was happy that she had brought her headphones, without them plugged into the side of the screen; she would’ve never been able to hear what was going on in her own game.

It was late; soon enough the warehouse would close down and people would be heading home. The Illusive Man was firm with his rules; no one was to be on the lot at midnight, in case the cops came by and wondered exactly what was going on. She let out a small yawn and tried to focus on gaming, but something was bugging her. Her controller felt warm, too warm, in fact.

Her eyes drifted down to it, turning it over slowly as she tried to figure out what was wrong.

“What the hell?” She murmured, glancing around. No one else seemed to be having the problem, but the warehouse was far too large to be sure.

As quickly as the problem occurred, it vanished. The controller returned to its normal temperature.

“Huh…” She frowned as she saved her game and shut off the PS3. “Been playing to long probably…”

June 30th, 2011
10: 43 AM
Kate’s Basement Apartment

Kate hadn’t been feeling very well for at least a week. Or a work week anyways. Her head had felt light, her skin strange and even her eyes had been throbbing. She had called into work the last three days, trying desperately to get over whatever bug had been haunting her. Trying to escape the reality of waking up so much, she had shut off her alarm clock, 9 AM, which had never really been a problem before, was now torture.

She was staring at a massive machine, or something reminiscent. Angrily she struck at it again and again, blaming it for something. Light filled the room, and things began to move and go out of control. People were crying out in shock as the creature rose up, and… and…

“DID HAVE CHEMO RECENTLY AND NOT KNOW IT!?”

What an incredibly strange thing to hear through the vent. Kate’s eyes flickered open and she slowly turned to stare at the metal contraption over her bed. She frowned, conscious

“KAREN, DID YOU GET A CAT AND NOT TELL ME!? OH PLEASE GOD TELL ME YOU DID!”

‘What on earth?’

“No! Why?”

“I am dreaming.. I must be dreaming… I. AM. DREAMING.”

‘I’m renting from a lunatic…’

“If you’re dreaming, then I must’ve gone to one WILD party last night… YES, WILD; AT THE BOOK CLUB!”

Kate decided it was better not to ask. Groggily she rolled out of bed, ignoring the further screams from her upstairs neighbors. Ignoring the mess her apartment had become during the week of sickness, she shuffled off to the bathroom to freshen up. She felt better actually, it seems whatever had been plaguing her had went away.

As she flicked on the light to the bathroom, her heart stopped.

Then she screamed.

Apparently, no, the sickness hadn’t gone. In fact it had gotten worse.

Then she heard loud thumps, as if someone was coming down the stairs. She barreled out of the bathroom, looking at her hands strangely before touching what was left of her hair.

Her precious, long, straight hair that used to be a beautiful dark brown wasn’t like that any longer. Panicking she touched what was left and nervously looked at the colour.

White, my hair is white.

Not only that, but its style had changed. Someone had come into her room last night and chopped it all off, leaving her with a cut that was admittedly nice, but NOT hers. And then, then some sicko had the nerve to bleach her hair and leave it an Antarctic white color.

Hell, even her eyebrows were WHITE.

Who the hell did-

“KATE!” There was a mad banging at her door. “Are you okay?! We heard you scream! Did the madman with the gamma ray gun get you too!?”

Nathan…” She growled, bent on revenge, she stomped up to the door. “You are so-“She never finished her sentence.

Before her was Nathan, but his hair was short; unbelievably short. It was just long enough to lay flat on his head and not stick up. And it was brown.

Karen looked odd. She was… Blue. Or, pale… No… Blue... No... Dead-blue-pale… Yes…

Turning blue, yes that was what fit her best.

“What the hell happened?” She questioned. Forgetting she looked at all different. Her eyes shot to Karen. “Um… Did you... Get trapped in a freezer?”

Karen didn’t look at all pleased with Kate’s statement. She seemed to turn purple (of all colours) in anger.

“No. I didn’t. I woke up like any normal person.” She looked angrily at Nathan. “The same lunatic that gave a random chemo treatment to him turned me into a corpse. God forbid I sparkle in the sunlight.”

She shouldn’t have snickered, but she did.

“Your hair is white…” Nathan faintly noted.

“Yes... I noticed.” Kate frowned. “Remember? I screamed.”

“I would’ve, but I’m a man. That’s inappropriate.”

“So that night a couple of years ago-“Karen was cut off by Nathan giving her the finger.

There was a long pause where the three of them just looked at each other.

“What happened?” Kate finally blurted out the questioned all of them were wondering.

~ * ~

Awkward changes! Yay! I tag River.. Er, Pichu Luver. Anyways, Kate rents the basement from her character Nathan, or whoever owns that house. XD Up to her to decide.

Anways, its five days after the initial ‘change’. Your physical appearance will begin to mimic that of the character you picked.

You have to tag somebody, so everyone have fun tagging. XD Interaction is key~ Just make sure to check the Away Tower!

Note: If you chose opposing genders, be ready for a slow, awkward change. I don’t want any direct mentions of HOW awkward. --; At this point you’ll still be your original gender.